Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

So I was looking through my old challenges that I need to start and I saw my old Platinum one. As I was checking out the challenges I noticed one that just didnt seem to line up with theme I wanted (A Legend of Zelda theme). Could someone please give me a Starter as a Pokemon. All the info about the Scramble is in "Pokemon Challenges" Link in my signature

So I was looking through my old challenges that I need to start and I saw my old Platinum one. As I was checking out the challenges I noticed one that just didnt seem to line up with theme I wanted (A Legend of Zelda theme). Could someone please give me a Starter as a Pokemon. All the info about the Scramble is in "Pokemon Challenges" Link in my signature
I shall give you Blaino the Piplup. You must teach Blaino Brick Break at the first opportunity, and whenever it faces anything in the Green group it must solo them. Additionally, if it ever meets a pokémon of the Flying type, it must switch out of battle immediately, terrified that it's going to be defeated by a Roc Feather. (Where there is overlap, when a pokémon is both green and flying, switch out of battle.)

Sorry if it's not creative enough, it's the only penguin I could think of in LoZ.

Edit: My Sunkern just levelled up, this thing is clearly going to be an absolute tank:

"Sunshine grew to Lv. 15!

Max. HP + 2
Attack + 0
Defense + 0
Sp. Atk + 0
Sp. Def + 0
Speed + 1"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Wow, Whitney was easy. That was really unexpected.

Since I beat Bugsy I've actually done quite a lot, and met a couple of new team members as well. Immediately upon trying to leave Azalea Town, Richard Branson challenged me to a battle. He wasn't that difficult: indeed, I'm having trouble remembering whether he's a serious rival in this game or just a bit of a joke. The Johto police are definitely pretty piss poor, seeing as he's using the pokémon he stole from Professor Elm to win battles against gym leaders left, right and centre.

Fang the Zubat was the hero of the hour here, taking down his Gastly with two Bites, and then combining with Sleepy to bring down Quilava. His Zubat wasn't a match for Fang either, despite having access to Supersonic, a move Fang still refuses to use.

I had to backtrack to catch a pokémon capable of learning Cut, and met a Rattata who was willing to oblige. After that things were fairly simple going, as the three pokémon on my team fought well together in the woods and on the way to Goldenrod City. In Goldenrod I got a bike and did all the Radio Tower stuff that I have to do before Whitney will stop standing outside her own gym.

Before taking on the gym, which I thought would be nightmarish due to memories of Miltank's Rollout in the original GSC games, I went to try and do some other challenge-related stuff in the Bug-Catching Contest. With only two minutes left, we met a Scyther (having a Pinsir in the bag already), which was caught to win the contest! Second place was a Beedrill and third a Paras, so it was a fairly close competition all in all. Better than the Caterpies and Metapods that the runners up are usually so thrilled with, anyhow. So that was the Sun Stone acquired for Sunkern. Sadly the Scyther turned out to have the Technician ability, so I went off to catch a Ditto and get some breeding done.

As I cycled around with some Scyther eggs, I encountered Sunshine the Sunkern who joined the party, and promptly got battered by everything she faced. The only pokémon she's managed to beat by herself is the level 9 Sentret in Whitney's gym, and even that was a close one. After Wannabe the Scyther hatched, it got to the point that my level 14 Sunshine was being switched out of battle for the level 8 Wannabe in order to get anything from battles at all.

After a bit of grinding against level 10 bugs in the park, I got fed up, spent all my money and went to take on Whitney, assuming I'd lose the first time but at least get some idea of what my strategy could be later on. It was not to be though... I led with Sunshine, to try and get it some experience against her Clefairy, and to my great surprise managed to put it to sleep with Grasswhistle after losing most of my HP to Doubleslap. I switched ... in and used Poisonpowder and Reflect before finishing the still sleeping Clefairy with Magical Leaf. Against Miltank, the strategy was largely the same: using Super Potions to ensure that Reflect stayed up as Miltank's hit points were eaten away by poison. Whitney didn't use her Super Potion, as my Magical Leaf took Miltank from just above the range she tends to heal Miltank at, to within poison level of being fainted, and I acquired the Plain Badge! Here's the team that accomplished it, in order of value:

Sunshine the Sunkern [F]

Level 16, Careful
Solar Power

-Grasswhistle
-Growth
-Mega Drain
-Ingrain

Absolute dross. Seeing as I have to solo five fire types to evolve I might end up carrying her around in this state forever. Mega Drain does about 5% damage to pokémon five levels lower that it hits for neutral damage. LVP

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 14, Jolly
Swarm

-Vacuum Wave
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit

The only reason she's so low is because I've barely used her. I mean, she's levelled all the way up from level 1, but that's only against bugs in National Park. The Scyther I caught, her father, was at level 14 when I caught him, so he didn't know Quick Attack (or Vacuum Wave...) so all in all it's pretty good that I ended up having to breed for her. And check out that nature! She's got a future ahead of her.

Fang the Zubat [F]

Level 21, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

-Bite

She was excellent against Branson. Not a lot else to say. I gave her a haircut in the underground, so hopefully she'll evolve into Crobat fairly soon after the first evolution. I need the attack power of a final-stage evolution on the team. Doesn't make it to second place in the team because of ...'s heroics against Whitney.

... the Chikorita [F]

Level 21, Lonely
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

She was so good against Whitney! After getting a Reflect up, she is so damn bulky, especially with Synthesis to heal her. I only had to attack once to beat Miltank, spending the rest of the time concentrating on keeping her alive, but maybe if I teach her Light Screen as well she could end up being an unexpected champion of the team. I don't know how good Magical Leaf will be in the long run, but if I get Toxic I'll be pretty happy. And she's already two-fifths of the way to being allowed to evolve.

Switch in and win count 6/15
Defeat with poison only count 0/10

Sleepy the Hoothoot [F]

Level 21, Bold
Keen Eye

-Confusion
-Peck
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

Still my MVP, having won the first two gym battles. I was expecting to use her against Whitney, but in the end she wasn't necessary. I've barely used her since Bugsy, but there's no way she's losing top spot, as apart from against Whitney, ... hasn't done anything like as much as she has.

Notes:

All my pokémon so far are female. Girl power. I'm enjoying this. I wonder whether I can be bothered to fish specifically for a female Corsola to complete the team? They are 75% female, so there will be a 2.25% chance of hooking one when I get to Olivine, and only a 0.75% of getting a male one. I'll see how patient I'm feeling.

Well, 2 badges in, and I havent updated yet.
So, basic walkthrough shit, I eventually get to pick my pokemon, and according to classical, I have to pick tepig. FML
Next up is standard rival battle. WTF HE RAISED AN OSHAWOTT EGG OMG HES SO LUCKY!
4 tackles later i take the saps money.
Next mom gets me my running shoes wooh
Onto adventure!
Grind tepig to lvl 10 on the way to floccessy town, he learns ember.
Alder jumps off a cliff, leads me into town, then procedes to ask me why I have 2 town maps. He tells me that DUMBASS went to the next route with his Oshawott.
3 trainers. BURN THEM WITH EMBER!
Do Over learns defense curl and Odor Slueth, replacing tail whip.
Make my way to the ranch, proceed to beat DUMBASS again with tackle....
Ranch owner and his wife give me a potion and ask us to look for their missing Herdier. DUMBASS flips shit and runs off, I proceed to find the herdier being harrased by a plasma goon, who gives me a TM, Thanks! I leave the ranch and go back to Alder's house where I cream the elemental monkeys his students use. I leave, I get some random ass medal box. I try to go back to my home city, Alder jumps off the cliff again and gives me some Oran Berries. I make my way to Aspertia City and make my over to the gym, I cream Cheren's trainees, and make my way to the leader. BATTLE BEGIN!
lvl 11 patrat vs. lvl 14 tepig
Ember: Crit woohoo
Tackle: also crit: Fuck
Cheren uses potion.
Ember: KO
Lvl 13 Lillipup vs. Lvl 14 Tepig.
Work up.
Ember
Tackle: in the red...
Ember: Burns woohoo
Potion for Tepig.
Tackle
Ember KOs.
Lvl up gains Flame Charge. Replaces Tackle
BASIC BADGE GET.
I go outside get Biancas and Cherens numbers.
go to route the route east of floccessy town, catch a sewaddle to trade for Red Yoshi, trade with my newly acquired C-Gear. WELCOME FIRE TYPE NUMBER 2! Anyways I grind Red Yoshi up to lvl 12 and Tepig gains a lvl to 16.
I go into virbank city, and I see Roxie and her dad have an argument w/e. More grinding in the complex, Woohoo Red Yoshi lvl 16!
shit pressed the B button noooooooooo!
Short Time later he hits 17 and evolves without incident.
Tepig also evolves into Pignite. Learning arm thrust to replace Odor Sleuth. I choose to keep Flame Charge, as Ember sucks :p
Oh, Red Yoshi learns Dragon Rage.
I go over to the Virbank City Gym, Flame Charge my way through the lackies, and move onto Roxie.
BATTLE BEGIN!
Flame Charge: Crits OHKO.
Crits really like me this game...
She sends out Venipede.
Flame Charge: over 50% dmg
Venoshock: not even 50% woohoo!
Flame Charge: KOs
TOXIC BADGE GET!
Annd end chapter 1.

Team:

Do Over: Lvl 19
-Flame Charge
-Defense Curl
-Ember
-Arm Thrust

Red Yoshi: Lvl 17
-Scratch
-Dragon Rage
-Ember
-Smokescreen

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm liking the update, but you definitely shouldn't end up with sunshine a Sunkern forever though! I mean, once you get to the elite four you might be able to go back and solo some of the level 16 growlithes back by the national park. Maybe. However, calling sunshine the LVP i-is, it's just unacceptable!!! (Though I understand completely).(Surely it's not terrible if you manage to grasswhistle them to sleep and then use growth a few times though?) Wait a second... "used Poisonpowder and Reflect before finishing the still sleeping Clefairy " Poisonpowder on the sleeping Clefairy? They cancel eachother out! I'm glad that Sunshine survived double-slap and managed to land grasswhistle! See? Things are looking up! It's good that it has solar power though - especially with my restriction of always using sunny day. It just means 2 things:
1) She will sweep in sunshine (which it will always be when she is out), big time.
2) She'll need to heal fairly occasionaly due to solar power, but synthesis in sunshine (which it will have to be when she is out) will get her back to health pretty damn quick!
Imagine her as a Sunflora (which might happen never! ;))

Edit: That was directed to Jang, I hadn't refreshed the page in a while and when I posted MrcRanger popped up.

P.S: "Sunshine grew to Lv. 15!

Max. HP + 2
Attack + 0
Defense + 0
Sp. Atk + 0
Sp. Def + 0
Speed + 1"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Trollolololololololololololololololololololololol I have a feeling it will be very fast though! XD

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
White Treehollow Scramble Part 1: Prologue

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people."
-Karen of the Johto Elite Four

My research has always been based on that basic fact; that there is no truly 'strongest' Pokemon. That the only way Pokemon can be 'strong' is if their potential is brought out. I have seen that Ghetsis' approach, of forcing Pokemon to do one's dirty work, by using them as tools, is unfeasible. And a certain trainer has shown me that love might be the best way to bring out the inner strength of Pokemon...as such, I will undergo a trial of this hypothesis. I will take 6 Pokemon, whose personalities would be considered 'abnormal', and take them through the toughest challenge Unova has to offer. Unova's Challenge, to be precise; the White Treehollow.

My first Pokemon I found was one that I found observing other, more competitive Trainers battle. It was a Tentacool. And it saw both Trainers using specially-based, Rapid-Spinning Tentacruel. And it decided it wanted none of that. It wanted to defy expectations, to be physically-based instead, as it believed it was 'cooler'. As such, named it Cooler. I also gave it Leftovers, the 'hipster' version of Black Sludge.

My second, a familiar face. I caught my Rotom that I use competitively when I was battling abroad, and I happened to snag another one. I decided it was time for it to choose an Appliance to inhabit, but I was surprised. It chose the Cutter Fan. Quite an...unorthodox choice as a weapon. As such, I named it Fan. And because it seemed to want to spread glitter everywhere with its fan, I gave it BrightPowder.

The third member of my team was a Riolu I acquired during a brief tenure with Professor Burnet, who is studying the Interdream Zone. I volunteered to give it a home. It knew that it was somehow 'destined' to learn four moves, the last four moves, it naturally learned, and nothing could stop it from doing so. As such, I named it Level Up. I evolved it into Lucario, and gave it a Lucky Egg, to aid it on its journey.

Fourth was a Druddigon I encountered in Victory Road. It seemed to be a 'purist' of battle, wanting to fight with only its nails and fangs. Therefore, I named it FangN'Claw and gave it a Razor Claw, to extend this 'purist' feeling.

Fifthly I encountered a rather shaken Pokemon who needed a loving home. An Altaria, whose heart had been locked away no less than twice, was suffering from severe shock. It could only learn moves it could know in the Orre region, its homeland. Additionally, it had somehow gained the ability to cancel weather. I named it 3D, for its three disorders(which I will keep private, for its sake), and gave it a Pure Incense, to calm its nerves.

And the sixth and last team member was a Sandile. I found it on a beach in the desert, forlornly looking out to sea. I suppose it wanted to swim with its reptilian brethren. It was wearing a strange Blue Scarf, that somehow made it more beautiful. It feels spurred to battle at the very sight of water. so, I named it Achiever.

With these Pokemon at my side, I hope to accomplish my goal of clearing Unova's Challenge, proving my hypothesis correct.

~Colress

I'll refrain from making comments atm, as the members are untried as of yet.

Cooler the Tentacruel
Level 50
Ability: Clear Body
Quirky Nature
Item: Leftovers
-Poison Jab
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Dive

Fan the Rotom-S
Level 50
Ability: Levitate
Quirky Nature
Item: BrightPowder
-Snatch
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Level Up the Lucario
Level 50
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
Item: Lucky Egg
-Work Up
-Earthquake
-Flash Cannon
-Dark Pulse

FangN'Claw the Druddigon
Level 50
Ability: Rough Skin
Calm Nature
Item: Razor Claw
-Chip Away
-Dragon Claw
-Night Slash
-Hone Claws

3D the Altaria
Level 50
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
Item: Pure Incense
-Dragon Claw
-Refresh
-Dragon Dance
-Iron Tail

Achiever the Krookodile
Level 50
Ability: Moxie
Brave Nature
Item: Blue Scarf
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Bulldoze
-Crunch

Wish me luck! Will post Areas 1 and 2 tomorrow.

Chapter one of my first ever Scramble, here we go~!

Party at my house!
And its not even my birthday...
Cheren and Bianca... they're pretty cool cats. This party is awesome!
And now..... the big blue and green present!
WOAH POKEMON NO WAY DIDNT EXPECT THAT OH SNAP.

Hmmmmmm, that snivy looks really cool, i think i'm going to-
LOLNOPE GET TEPIG
.......ok ._.

BLAZE THE TEPIG GET!

Alright, Bianca wants to fight now!
She has a Snivy! man, it looked so cool......
Blaze get in there and beat it up!
*Blaze cowers in fear, and does little pathetic piggy squeals*

BUT YOU'RE A FIRE TYPE. WHY THE SCARE?

(can't really switch out, since all i have is tepig, so i just tail whipped until it killed me)

Blaze.... :(

Alright, I get to fight cheren now? Water type crap......
*Blaze gets demon eyes and snorts haughtily*
SO NOW YOU WANNA FIGHT. STUPID BACON.

*Blaze cleanly KO's the water otter*

Blaze is Level 6!
<(^_^<(
^(^_^)^
)>^_^)>
V(^_^)V

man, my room is a mess now. WHO CARES I'M A POKETRAINER NOW.
Mom likes cleaning anyway. Yay for gender roles!
(where is my dad anyway...)

*steps outside*
SUN IS SHINING, THE PIDOVE ARE CHIRPING,
TIS' BEAUTIFUL~

*boring part where Professor Juniper talks to me*

*boring part where mom gives me a map*

*boring part where pro. J "teaches" me how to catch pokeymans*

*i got 5 pokeballs! not boring!*

Bianca: OMG GUIYS, LETS CATCH POKEMONNNNNNN<3~!<3!
Me: ...
Cheren: oh yes. precisely. we must submerse ourselves into this world. yes yes.
Me: ...
Bianca: LESSGOOOOOOO~~~~~~!

(I actually decide to check Blaze's nature. Lonely. Not bad, not bad.)

*pokecenter tutorial. lame*

walk outside-HELLO THERE YOUNG MAN,
FREE THE POKEMON
I AM GHETSIS
FREE FREE FREE POKEMON WOOOOOOOO

*everyone leaves*

Awkward..... oh green haired kid! He seems cool.....
wait no. he talks creepy.

BATTLE TIME.

N: oh man, free the pokemon man. I love love. and peace man. yeah man...
(N shall be a stoner/hippie, because i say so)

Route 2, CAUGHT ME A HM SLAVE WOOOO

HM Slave the Male Patrat (Calm)

GAME PAUSED AND SAVED. CONTINUE LATER.

Alright, i'm alive! Time to Grind Blaze!

*Grinding Montage*

Blaze is Level 11!
<(^_^<(
^(^_^)^
)>^_^)>
V(^_^)V

Me: Alright, let's go to the next city and fight the gym-
Bianca: OMG GLACIER HAIIIIIIII<3~!<3<3~~~~~
Me: ... why me.
Bianca: OMG SILLY FACE BATTLE ME I HAVE POKEMONS~~~~!~!~!

*So i battle this hoe. Blaze wrecks her pup, then suddenly*

Blaze: SNIVY SNIVY RUN AWAY ITS GONNA GET MEEEEEEEE D:
Me: .... *Switches out HM Slave*

*Hm Slave barely killed snivy. Thank the sweet baby jesus*

Bianca: LOL GLACIER UR 1 TUFF COOKIE! TOODLES~~~~<3
Me: ...where is cheren when you need him.

WELCOME TO STRIATON CITY!

I think Cheren is in the trainer's school.... perhaps?

Cheren: Hello good chap. Care to partake in a ravishing battle?
Me: Yup! he's here! and acting very gentlemenly.

*battle Cheren. 2HKOed the oshawatt, and ravaged the little purrloin too*

Cheren: Oh drat, it appears as though I have fallen in battle.
Me: why can't bianca be as cool as you cheren? ;_;
Cheren: I can only ponder.... Here! Entertain yourself with some berries!

BERRIES GET!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dreamyard.......~

Me: can i have a monkey?
Scramble People: NO.
Me: Sniff......ok.... ;_;

*PANSAGE GET! Too bad i can't use it~!*

Alright Blaze, time to grind you up some more to battle the first gym!

Grind Montage, activate.

*2 Hours Later*

Blaze is Level 17!
<(^_^<(
^(^_^)^
)>^_^)>
V(^_^)V

Blaze: Master..... i'm changing!
Me: OH DEAR SWEET JESUS YES EVOLVE
CONGRATZ! BLAZE IS NOW A PIGNITE!
Blaze: PLUS I'm no longer afraid of grass types! Burn baby burnnnnn!

*I hug Blaze, then we head out to the Striaton Gym*

Cress: My oh my..... hey hot stuff~ Come over here and let me cool you down~
Me: ....i just want to battle.

GYM BATTLE BEGIN
CRESS VS GLACIER
*Pignite lv 17 vs Lillipup lv 12*
Pignite uses tail whip!
Lillipup uses work up!
Pignite uses ARM THRUST
2 HIT KO!

Cress: Oh baby, hitting me real good.... let me soak you~
Me: PLEASE STOP YOU'RE SCARING THE CHILDREN

*Pignite lv 17 vs Panpour lv14*
Pignite uses tail whip!
Panpour uses work up!
Pignite uses ARM THRUST
HITS 3 TIMES. 2ND TIME CRITS
one hit KO~!

Gym leader Cress is defeated! Glacier gets the Tri pin badge thing!

ME: AHAHAHAHAH YES MY FIRE TYPE DIDNT DIE WOOOOOOOO
Cress: What a scorch! I'm all hot and bothered now-
Me: NO. I'M LEAVING. BYE.
Cress: ;(

*I Leave the Gym, and save the game~!*

CHAPTER ONE OF WHITE SCRAMBLE, FIN~

Celever

i am town
Wow! These are really good! I have 3 things to say to 3 different people:
Jang, Sunkern has a nature that decreases special attack! LOLOL
Ullar Colress, your team looks great! I can't wait for the first actual update!!!
Glacier, HOW DID YOU GRIND 11 LEVELS!? How much EXP. could you be getting from level 4 lillipups!? I mean seriously.
Overall I'm liking these scrambles though! I think I'll go and get white 2 and start working on an update for me!

Edit: How do you get single posts? I'm trying for links to my updates in my signature (more for me than anyone else so I can always have the restrictions up! XD) but I tried lots of things and it didn't work! :/ I could be able to do a compendium, but I can't get the numbers to link onto anything! :(

To link to single posts, right click the #??? number in the top-right corner of a post and link to that.

As for Sunkern, I know, it's so sad. At least it has Solar Power though!

Celever

i am town
Oh wow! Thanks Jang! I'll edit my signature and finally get on with the story (I got caught up in some stuff earlier). Oh, and thanks to Its a Random who sent me a visitor message about it! XD

Celever

i am town
Ok guys, prepare yourselves for the third update of my white 2 scramble! I get the basic badge in this, as well as nearly getting Flaafy!
Hey there! This time I’ve put new locks on the door so we’re not going to get any disturbances! It will take 2 Marshals to break the door down too! Anyway, straight to the story, where we pick up from saving a Herdier from Team Plasma in floccessy ranch!
What a great start! I tried to carry on with my adventure, when some hiker decided that I, because of my age, is too inexperienced to carry on into Patrats the same level as my pokemon! Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Anyway, this hiker was so.. uh.. big that I decided there was no chance to get around him and so headed back over to Alder. He told me that I have grown in 20 minutes (am I the only one who thought that was impressive?) and told me instead of training me, I get to train some strangers! Joy of joys!!! So, a trainer that’s supposed to be weak was but a level lower than beacon? Some grinding is in order I felt. Anyway Beacon got rid of his pansear with ease! (Yay!) Beacon got to 11 and learnt cotton spore, since Beacon didn’t want to use thundershock I replaced that for cotton spore, and guess what? Beacon refused to growl! I was wandering if not being able to make noise was healthy… WOOH! 2 levels in 2 battles! This Beacon sure did have a bright future! As I walked out of the door some weird guy in white gave me a medal and a case. Cool. Anyway… Moving on. As promised last time, before Shauntal RUDELY interrupted me, I’m going to tell you about my very first gym battle and badge today! So let’s skip back over to Aspertia city and it’s gym!

So, I walked into the gym and this very, um, old guy told me he was Clyde and gave me some water! Isn’t that nice! Anyway, after that the gym leader explained to me that he has only just become a gym leader, but I already had some kind of idea about that since his gym trainers weren’t even standing in the right place!!! Disgraceful… Anyway, the gym trainers were the opposite of hard (easy) but it didn’t stop Beacon getting a good amount of EXP, and Beacon got to level 13!

Gym Leader Cheren vs Challenger Altaver!
Altaver: lv 13 Beacon, Cheren: lv 11 Patrat!
Turn 1: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat used tackle!
Turn 2: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat used tackle!
Patrat went from in the green into the red, and it wasn’t a crit!
Mareep was knocked into yellow!
Turn 3: Cheren used potion!
Mareep used Thundershock!
Patrat is in yellow!
Turn 4: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat fainted!
Beacon gained 145 experience points!
Cheren sent out lv 13 Lillipup!
Turn 5: Lillipup used work up! Lillipup’s attack went up! Lillipup’s special attack went up!
Mareep used cotton spore! Lillipup’s speed fell!
Turn 6: Altaver used potion!
Lillipup used Work up!
Turn 7: Beacon used thundershock!
Lillipup used work up!
Turn 8: Beacon used thundershock!
Lillipup used bite!
Lillipup was paralyzed by Beacon’s static!
Turn 9: Beacon used thundershock!
Lillipup used bite!
Beacon fainted!
Lillipup hung on to a final HP then!
Altaver whited out. Altaver payed $154 to Cheren!

That didn’t fill me with confidence… It was so close as well! It was literally 1HP that caused me to lose, and I feared Mareep would hate me… Anyway, I went and did a bit of difficult training among the level 2s and got Mareep up to level 14! I thought that I’d be able to take on Cheren again after that!
Gym leader Cheren vs Challenger Altaver!
Wait wait wait. He said exactly the same as last time, except that this time it doesn’t make sense. “Just as this is your gym battle this is my first battle as a gym leader!” Um.. I just battled you. As in, I JUST BATTLED YOU! Do you have the memory of a goldfish or something!? Anyway, this time it will actually start!
Gym leader Cheren vs Challenger Altaver (for a third time, battle 2!)
Altaver sent out lv 14 Beacon!
Cheren sent out lv 11 Patrat!
Turn 1: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat used Tackle!
Ptrat was paralyzed by Beacon’s static!
Turn 2: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat used tackle!
Patrat hung on with 1HP again! It would have been quicker to get rid of it in 2 turns rather than 3 is all…
Turn 3: Altaver used potion!
Cheren used potion!
Turn 4: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat used tackle!
Turn 5: Beacon used thundershock!
Patrat fainted!
Cheren sent out lv 13 Lillipup!
Turn 6: Lillipup used work up!
Beacon used thundershock!
Turn 7: Lillipup used work up!
Beacon used cotton spore!
Turn 8: Beacon used thundershock! It was a critical hit!
Lillipup fainted!
WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

It kind of takes away from the achievement of earning the badge if it ends in a crit, but who cares!
Altaver obtained the basic badge!
Now we go on to talk abo- CRAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the hell? Oh for god sake Marshal! Didn’t you think there was a reason I locked the door!
Marshal: Yes, but we have 3 challengers waiting!
Altaver: What did I tell you!? Challenge them again and give them some more Exp.!
Marshal: But we already did that! I think they’re probably too powerful now!
Altaver: …Fine. Sorry guys! I’ll see you later for the journey to Virbank city and the complex, and maybe the gym if I’m not RUDELY interrupted again!

Nice updates, all of you!
Just saying that it's looking like I won't be able to update in a while.
Blame schoolwork for that. (A bunch of work to do for cultural activities, International Baccalaureate and Global Perspectives AS Level) I know, my life sucks right know.
Keep shucking out these updates, I still enjoy reading them whenever I find a spare moment.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
White Treehollow Scramble Part 2: Areas 1-4

My research has started. And already I can see a massive problem with the White Treehollow; it has the steepest difficulty ramp I have ever seen.

Take Area 1, for instance. I walked up to a Hiker, hoping to battle him and glean a hint as to the location of the Gate Trainer. This was my first encounter, mind you. And it turns out he WAS the Gate Trainer. Readying myself for a tough fight right off the bat, I sent out Fan, expecting the worst.

And what did he send out?

A Cascoon.

That's right; the Gate Trainer sent out a Cascoon.

Fan cleanly swept the team.

I quickly made it to the Boss Trainer's room. Abigail seemed a nice enough girl, but I prepared for the worst. For once, I seemed to be somewhat obliged; the girl sent out a Watchog. I, in turn, sent out Cooler. The furry devil used Hypnosis right off the bat, but thanks to his Leftovers, the Tentacruel wethered through it and OHKO'd it with Waterfall (it had performed a Swords Dance before it fell asleep). But then...Whirlipede? Fan OHKO'd it with Air Slash. And Golett similarly fell to FangN'Claw. I had cleared Area 1 - but had learned very little about the Pokemon I was traversing the Challenge with. I quickly went back to challenge Area 2. It was a cakewalk, except for ANOTHER Hypnosis user that the Boss Trainer, Brent, had on his Unfezant. Level Up had to come in and clean up, as I have discovered he is most eager to battle to avenge a fallen comrade.

And so came Area 3. I had lost a couple of Pokemon, so after I fought the Gate Trainer, I seeked out a Nurse. When I finally found her, one of my Poke Balls started quivering. The fool that I was, I paid no attention to it. But as I was about to send out Achiever, 3D popped out of her Poke Ball, furious for no reason whatsoever! She quickly made short work of the Nurse's party. I encouraged her to take a nice smell of her Pure Incense, after which she (somewhat) calmly went back into her containment. Carleigh, the Boss, seemed to rely on setup, and her Pokemon seemed to tank all of my hits. But after Druddigon fell, Lucario came in to sweep. By this point, Level Up had learned one of his 'destined' moves, Aura Sphere, and he outsped his foes, making this easy work.

And then came Area 4. Except for another outburst from 3D and more carnage from Level Up, things went fairly smoothly.

But then came the Boss Trainer, Daneil.

He had a formidable team. So formidable, it literally came down to a standoff between Achiever and his Heatmor, the majority of my companions being taken out by his Scraggy's Head Smash. Luckily, the Krookodile outsped, and finished the creature off with a neat Bulldoze.

My findings so far have been successful; I hope that future Areas will be nearly as easy. I worry about my Pokemon's comparative strength levels, however...

~Colress

I'll rank them from LVP to MVP.

FangN'Claw the Druddigon
Level 51
Calm Nature
-Chip Away
-Dragon Claw
-Night Slash
-Hone Claws
Comments: Kinda useless...being one of my only two members that doesn't get boosted EXP and having a crappy Nature kinda hurts him. But hey, at least it was a double KO when Scrafty hit him with Head Smash and Rough Skin kicked in.

3D the Altaria
Level 53
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Dragon Dance
-Iron Tail
Comments: My other member without boosted EXP. She does...alright, I guess. Though I gotta say, soloing all the Nurses ain't too hard, as they all tend to have weaker Pokemon than the other Trainers. one of them had a LV 58 Tyrogue, for chrissakes.

Cooler the Tentacruel
Level 52
Quirky Nature
-Poison Jab
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Dive
Comments: Did well in Area 1, but what mon wouldn't? Average overall.

Fan the Rotom-S
Level 52
Quirky Nature
-Snatch
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
Comments: not bad, not bad at all. I have to say, the Birhgtpowder doesn't hurt, and Air Slash is servicing me well.

Achiever the Krookodile
Level 53
Brave Nature
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Bulldoze
-Crunch
Comments: Don't ask me where I got that Blue Scarf and I'll tell you no lies. ;P But srsly, this dude is a beast.

Level Up the Lucario
Level 53
Jolly Nature
-Work Up
-Earthquake
-Flash Cannon
-Aura Sphere
Comments: MVP. Yes, I gave him a Lucky Egg, but that was for his flavor. Turns out it comes in handy, especially with his restriction of coming in after a teammate faints. Definite MVP.

Look forward to the next update! Peace out!

Thanks to all who gave me feedback for my first chapter! I decided to make my scramble stories a bit silly and humurous, so that they are easy to read and entertaining! I will try to get chapter two up today. :)

Oh and celever, grinding those 11 levels TOOK. FOREVER.
Levels 14-17 were what really killed me though. Took at least an hour, literally. But I got there~!

Thanks to all who gave me feedback for my first chapter! I decided to make my scramble stories a bit silly and humurous, so that they are easy to read and entertaining! I will try to get chapter two up today. :)
No rush, Glacier. Though we enjoy fast updates, we encourage one taking their time and enjoying the challenge as much as we do ^_^

@Ullar: Keep up he good work. Can't wait to hear more.

Celever

i am town
That was a great update Ullar! But 3D is 2nd to last! :O I am horrified!!!
Anyway, I'm working on my second update of the day, though it will probably end up getting posted tomorrow after some finishing touches. I love the update though Ullar! XD
@Glacier, your welcome for the feedback! You do know you didn't HAVE TO get pignite to level 17 though! I mean seriously! The uh... weird water guy who appears to want to rape you I never found difficult!

Celever

i am town
I feel as if I should get 2 updates out today, so I have a half update. I decided that I wanted to try and start early so I can solo Elesa's gym without too much grinding all in one go! So, without further ado, I present to you white 2 update - number 4!
Hi there! I just want to start today complaining about being champion. I mean, you’re the strongest trainer in Unova, you should be able to relax! But NO, it’s battles over and over again! Sigh… No needs to bore you with my mid-life crisis though, so let’s get to the story… Well, when I left you we had just won the basic badge! (YAY!) So let’s move on from there! No new pokemon this time, and not that much happening, but to save time let’s start in flocessy town where I go north into the unkown!
So, I arrived at Flocessy town and carried on my adventure into the next route, but before I knew it, in the first fight I had since the gym battle, Beacon evolved! I mean, seriously! It evolved into a flaaffy! Isn’t that amazing? Of course, I was extremely excited, it was the first evolution on my journey!!! It also learned charge! The odd thing is, is that I replaced cotton spore for it, just because I felt like it, and though it decided it would use charge, it still wouldn’t growl! It was just weird! Anyway, I made easy work of the route due to the awesome amazingness (that is actually a word, I wasn’t expecting it to be!) of Beacon and so arrived in Virbank city in style! Anyway, so I tried to heal Beacon at the pokemon centre and maybe give it a bowl of persim berries with chocolate poffins and jalapeno pokeblocks on top when I encountered some bratty teenager arguing with her Mum. At least, she looked like a girl, but I later discovered it was a man. Awkward… -Wait. The bratty teenager is the gym leader!? Double awkward…… Though she is good at alliteration: “You (that’s the word that doesn’t begin with D) dim-witted…dense…dumb…daft…dippy…dorky…doltish (I still need to find out what doltish means! XD) DOOFUS!” So, she obviously thinks highly of her father! :D So, I healed at the center and decided some grinding was in order, so I headed down to virbank complex and began, hoping to get Flaaffy to level 25 where it will learn electro ball! And so I began…

The team:
Beacon the Flaaffy, level 16, calm nature.
Tackle
Charge
Thundershock
Growl
Overall I’m extremely happy with Beacon. The great thing about him is how he can just spam thundershock to defeat other’s pokemon. The calm nature is pretty helpful! However, seeing as how he seems to have to want to learn a physical attack this could phase me in the days to come!

Your scramble sounds interesting so far celever! Can't wait to hear more about beacon :)

(and regarding blaze being such high level, I did nuzlockes for like 2 years straight.... I get really paranoid now training up Pokemon and battling them lol. Still don't want them to die DX)

Celever

i am town
LOL
Anyway, I have Beacon up to level 25, where it has electro ball and take down now! I'm going to get annoyed when I get to castelia and have to catch 3 15s at a similar, if not almost same time, with FritoLay coming last! Thanks Glacier though!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Thanks for the feedback guise!

And @ celever: the reason 3D is so low is simply because she is harder to train than all but Druddigon; literally every other mon gets boosted EXP lol

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
White Treehollow Scramble Part 3: Areas 5-6

Sorry for the double post, but it's UPDATE TIEM

So, after taking a night's rest, I returned to the White Treehollow to test my Pokemon against another harsh, unforgiving (finally) Area. I talked to the Worker operating the elevators, and down I went to Level 5. It was relatively uneventful, other than Level Up learning yet another 'destined' move, Close Combat. It replaced his former Work Up. Other than another rampage from 3D, of course. I'll just cut to the Boss Trainer battle, which I found rather entertaining. I sent out Fan as my first Pokemon, but was quickly countered by a Claydol. So I switched out to Achiever, hoping to get in some Crunches - only to be hit by an Explosion. Naturally, both Pokemon fainted. So when Elie (the Boss) attempted to switch in a Jellicant, I sent out Fan once more. It used a Water Spout, OHKOing it. Then FangN'Claws went in, and I was hoping it would weather it. Not quite so. But Cooler did. But strangely enough, even after I dented it with a Poison Jab, it kept using Water Spout. Only when it started to Struggle did I learn it was Choice-locked somehow. I made short work of it. Then Omastar was sent in. Thinking I had the upper hand, I tried to Waterfall it to death. But it used Earth Power. But when I sent in 3D the Altaria to finish it, it kept using EP. I must admit, I chuckled. She just Dragon Danced up then hit it with one whopping Dragon Claw.

And so we move to Area 6. Not much of interest happened here, but I do have a couple of notes to make...

-Sawks terrify me and my team
-Pokemon Breeders always use Pokemon of the Chansey line
-NEVER let a Darmanitan set up Belly Drum

Let's just move on to the Boss Trainer battle, shall we? Our opponent was a rather upbeat youth named Frederick. I had received a tip-off from a Trainer earlier that he led with a Togekiss, so naturally, my counter to that was Fan. He let off a couple of Thunderbolts, and despite the Salac Berry it was holding, it prevailed. So he got out Heracross, whom 3D one-shotted with a well-aimed Fly - I still don't regret dispensing with Refresh for that move. I left her in against the Rampardos, whom I expected to use Head Smash. But no.

It used Outrage.

How do Rampardos LEARN Outrage?

In any case, it ravaged 3D. So Level Up came in and blew it away with a Close Combat. And we rested for the night in White Forest's PokeCenter, wondering what dangers Area 7 would bring...

I'll rank them from LVP to MVP.

FangN'Claw the Druddigon
Level 55
Calm Nature
-Chip Away
-Dragon Claw
-Night Slash
-Hone Claws
Comments: STILL USELESS

Fan the Rotom-S
Level 55
Quirky Nature
-Snatch
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
Comments: Still a bit average. Yeah.

3D the Altaria
Level 57
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Dragon Dance
-Iron Tail
Comments: She's growing on me. I like her ability to take a hit, DDance, then strike back with Dragon Claw.

Cooler the Tentacruel
Level 54
Quirky Nature
-Poison Jab
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Dive
Comments: Movin' on up! I'm starting to warm up to this Tentacruel, despite its physical tankiness being horrid.

Achiever the Krookodile
Level 58
Brave Nature
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Crunch
Comments: Still the beast he was, I nixed Bulldoze in favor of the higher-powered STAB.

Level Up the Lucario
Level 59
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Flash Cannon
-Aura Sphere
Comments: Still MVP. He's been kicking ass and taking names, being so gloriously high-leveled due to his restriction of coming in whenever a teammate faints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)