Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@powergo1

Take Flash the Pachirisu, for your Platinum Scramble. Flash wants to be like the superhero, and be the fastest person on earth. As such, Flash needs to concentrate on speed - to do that, he needs to know Swift to be fast, and Thunder Wave to make sure everyone else is slow at all times. In fact, you need to use Thunder Wave against any Pokemon faster than him! Flash must also be the fastest Pokemon in your party at all times, I recommend keeping him a pretty high level.

All right guys! I'd like to do a Platinum Scramble! The rules:

• 5 Pokemon
  • I can trade
  • Easy to medium difficulty (First scramble; don't hate)

Accepted Pokemon:

Magical Magmortar, I give you a variable starter (as you can probably tell, I like to give these for lack of any better challenges).

First, roll a die. The outcome will determine the species of your starter.
1 or 4: Turtwig
2 or 5: Chimchar
3 or 6: Piplup

Next, flip a coin. If heads, once it attacks, it cannot cease to attack unless it or its opponent dies. If tails, it can only have one STAB move.

Finally, roll a die again. This will determine its nickname and attached restriction.
1: Dishonor can violate the coin-flip restriction in exchange for having to switch after attacking. This means that this restriction and the coin-flip restriction are mutually exclusive and can be interchanged whenever.
2: Buttrknife cannot use a STAB move twice in a row.
3: Challenger must solo at least one Gym Trainer in every Gym.
4: Clawbearer must hold the Quick Claw (which can be obtained in Jubilife) at all times.
5: Overcomer must conquer its weaknesses (solo 5 Pokémon of all of its weak types; Pokémon with two of the types count as one of each) to evolve into its final form.
6: MotionSick makes it so that you can only ride your Bicycle if it is not in the party.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

Magical Magmortar, take a Porygon named EnergySave
Energy Saves thinks PP is equal to Energy, so when it naturally gets the chance to get a move with less PP, you replace any move with more PP than it with it
It can learn moves with Equal PP to something, but it can't be something it gets the chance to learn naturally (so basically TM's HM's and Tutors)
It may never replace a move with another move with more PP than it

I hope this is OK and GL HF

Hey Magical Magmortar,
I am also new, so this is the first Scrablemon I'm giving to someone. I hope it is ok.
Catch a Scyther and name him Mantis.
Mantis is a seasoned fighter, and specializes in stealth. He must know either Agility or Double Team at all times, and use it at least once at the start of each battle, but ONLY IF he is slower than the opponent (I guess go by base speed?).
He is also a noble fighter, and thus will not have a hold item if his opponent doesn't have one since he feels that would give him an unfair advantage.
Additionally, he has a signature move: Fury Cutter. As he becomes stronger, he changes to X-Scissor.
If he decides to evolve into Scizor his signature move changes to Metal Claw, but it CANNOT change to Iron Head.
He must use his signature move as the final blow to any pokemon he fights during a major battle (e.g. a gym leader or Team Galactic leader).
To prove he is the best bug in the game he must solo Cyrus' Houndoom in the final battle of the distortion world, and Aaron's Scizor and Drapion.
Well, that was a lot, but I don't think it'll be too hard.
HF and GL

Magical Magmortar: take Insect the Gligar. Insect believes that he was meant to be a Bug-type, and so he acts as if his typing is actually Ground/Bug. To utilise his new typing, he must always carry at least one damaging Bug-type move and use it at the start of every battle. He also wants to cover the weaknesses of his new typing; to evolve, he must solo 20 trained flying-type Pokemon, and after evolution he must continue overcoming his weaknesses. He must solo Candice to overcome a bug's natural weakness to the cold (trust me; her first pokemon is setup bait for Gliscor so you can do it as long as you bring along a few X items) and must solo Flint to prove that Fire-types are no problem for him
Also, because bugs hate fire he must not learn Fire Fang and because it is no longer STAB he does not want to learn any Flying-type attacks.

I'll reserve for you, then, @Magical Magmortar!

EDIT: Take Aqua the Buizel! Aqua really loves water, so must have 3 Water-type moves ASAP, including Aqua Jet. Aqua must solo Crasher Wake before he evolves to prove himself as the strongest Water-type around. Once Aqua can surf, Aqua must lead your party whenever you surf. Aqua must solo your rival's Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon every time you battle him to show your rival who has the strongest Water-type. Aqua must solo an E4 member of your choice, and Cynthia's Milotic. GL;HF!
Mygavolt's starter turned out to be Challenger the Chimchar!

The team is complete!

Last edited:
Magical Magmortar, I give you a variable starter (as you can probably tell, I like to give these for lack of any better challenges).

First, roll a die. The outcome will determine the species of your starter.
1 or 4: Turtwig
2 or 5: Chimchar
3 or 6: Piplup

Next, flip a coin. If heads, once it attacks, it cannot cease to attack unless it or its opponent dies. If tails, it can only have one STAB move.

Finally, roll a die again. This will determine its nickname and attached restriction.
1: Dishonor can violate the coin-flip restriction in exchange for having to switch after attacking. This means that this restriction and the coin-flip restriction are mutually exclusive and can be interchanged whenever.
2: Buttrknife cannot use a STAB move twice in a row.
3: Challenger must solo at least one Gym Trainer in every Gym.
4: Clawbearer must hold the Quick Claw (which can be obtained in Jubilife) at all times.
5: Overcomer must conquer its weaknesses (solo 5 Pokémon of all of its weak types; Pokémon with two of the types count as one of each) to evolve into its final form.
6: MotionSick makes it so that you can only ride your Bicycle if it is not in the party.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

================================================================================================

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Looking back on Roadagain's suggestion...
It'd be helpful if there was *something* to keep track of people needing more team members and what they already have. I recall elsewhere the opening post kept track of these, but I really doubt that'd work here. Maybe a Googledoc or something could be set up for that.
...since I seem to be the most active member here (after a year-long hiatus trololololol), I will be in charge of that. Here is a link to the document. Feel free to make any suggestions on how to modify or improve it, because it's just a prototype and I compiled it based solely on the 3 most recent pages.

EDIT: Oh, look, a wild font change appeared.

Last edited:
I'll give a mon or two for this Scramble, but before I do that, I have to ask: does one user give a Scramblemon for both games, or just one Scramblemon for one game? If it's the latter, then choose one of the two.
4 for HG, 4 for Pt. 8 in total circulating the two games

Take Flash the Pachirisu, for your Platinum Scramble. Flash wants to be like the superhero, and be the fastest person on earth. As such, Flash needs to concentrate on speed - to do that, he needs to know Swift to be fast, and Thunder Wave to make sure everyone else is slow at all times. In fact, you need to use Thunder Wave against any Pokemon faster than him! Flash must also be the fastest Pokemon in your party at all times, I recommend keeping him a pretty high level.
Thank you

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magical Magmortar, take a Porygon named EnergySave
Energy Saves thinks PP is equal to Energy, so when it naturally gets the chance to get a move with less PP, you replace any move with more PP than it with it
It can learn moves with Equal PP to something, but it can't be something it gets the chance to learn naturally (so basically TM's HM's and Tutors)
It may never replace a move with another move with more PP than it

I hope this is OK and GL HF

Hi, I'm completely new but I wanted to do a Scramble Challange.

I'm going to use Ruby version, I cannot trade, I would really rather not use Plusle/Minun, and although I do like Treecko, I would rather have a different grass guy this time.
Please give the pokemon a nickname (but please nothing inappropriate...) because I think nicknames are awesome.

For difficulty, I'd say I would like a standard to hard challange... this is my first one so I want to work at it, but I want to have fun, rather than just ripping my hair out hahaha.

EDIT: I also don't want legendaries!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am super bored at the moment, so I want a challange for White!

-Medium/Hard
-Unique mons
-Trading only for evolution
-Must get all needed HMs (Surf, Fly, Waterfall)
-That's about it

Hey Magical Magmortar,

I am also new, so this is the first Scrablemon I'm giving to someone. I hope it is ok.

Catch a Scyther and name him Mantis.

Mantis is a seasoned fighter, and specializes in stealth. He must know either Agility or Double Team at all times, and use it at least once at the start of each battle, but ONLY IF he is slower than the opponent (I guess go by base speed?).

He is also a noble fighter, and thus will not have a hold item if his opponent doesn't have one since he feels that would give him an unfair advantage.
Additionally, he has a signature move: Fury Cutter. As he becomes stronger, he changes to X-Scissor.
If he decides to evolve into Scizor his signature move changes to Metal Claw, but it CANNOT change to Iron Head.

He must use his signature move as the final blow to any pokemon he fights during a major battle (e.g. a gym leader or Team Galactic leader).

To prove he is the best bug in the game he must solo Cyrus' Houndoom in the final battle of the distortion world, and Aaron's Scizor and Drapion.

Well, that was a lot, but I don't think it'll be too hard.
HF and GL

Thanks Sailor_Tom! Mantis seems fun, I'll definitely put him on the team!

To return the favor, take Peck the Torchic! Peck really likes to peck when he battles. So he must keep Peck until he evolves into Blaziken(more on that later). Also he knows his type adantages from being in a lab so much. So any type that fire is super effective on, his must stay in and keep using fire moves until the opponent faints or until Peck faints. Peck also must switch out when ever he sees a type he is weak to. Peck can evolve into Combusken only when he has soloed ten pokemon by just using Peck. To evolve into Blaziken, Peck must solo 2 of Winona's Pokemon because Peck is a Flying move and Winona is a Flying Gym Leader.Then you can rename Peck into Kick upon learning Blaze Kick. Kick must now use Blaze Kick in every Elite four battle at least once.

Hope this wasn't too hard!
GL;HF!

Magical Magmortar, I'm glad you like Mantis, I hope he performs well on your team.

Peck sounds like a lot of fun! I've got a starter! Thanks a lot!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sailor Tom, take Kecleon named stuck
Stuck is always stuck in its normal form, even if you think it wouldn't be, so you can only use STAB attacking moves, but can still use other Status
in addition, it must hold a Silk Scarf immediately

Alright powergo1, take Switch the Gastly. In the spirit of switching between your games, Switch must be used first to solo Morty then be transferred over where it can evolve into Haunter. As a Haunter, it must solo Fantina at the Hearthome gym. After Hearthome, it becomes homesick and must be traded back to HG, through which it can evolve into Gengar. To overcome the attachment it has to your HG character (and to therefore be used again in your Platinum run), it must prove itself in battle by soloing the five Kimono Girls at the Bell Tower. Finally, to prove its courage apart from the HG character, it must solo an Elite 4 member of your choice in Platinum.

Hope Switch works out for you!

@Shiny Dratini

Find a Drifloon and name it Drift.
As a Drifloon, it is a bit of a scared ghost, and thus will switch/flee from any pokemon that has a type advantage over it, except for ghosts.
When it evolves into a Driftblim, Drift becomes braver and no longer runs in fear of pokemon it is week to. Due to its newfound boldness, it must fight every other ghost type pokemon it runs into (unless it conflicts with other pokemon's solos), and Drift must solo Malon's Jellicent, but in the battle it cannot inflict a status upon the Jellicent because it wants to prove that it can beat it with its own strength.

The only Ghost type move it can use is hex. Additionally, it is aware of it's low defenses, and thus must also know the move substitute.

I hope this works for you!

GL and HF!

powergo1, catch the Sudowoodo on route 36. Name it Maple if it is a female, or Oak if it is a male.

Maple/Oak has a fear of water, which you already know from using the Squirtbottle on it. Thus, it will never fight a water pokemon, until you trade it to Platinum, where it decides it must get over its fears and solo Crasher Wake's team.
Until it defeats Crasher Wake, it will not cross the ocean to go to Ciannwood City in Gold.
Since it enjoys mimicking a tree, it will learn wood hammer as soon as possible. It must also always know mimic, although if you get Maple, it can learn Attract instead.

Also, since it is a Rock-Type that mimics a tree, it wants to prove it is a sturdy tree by soloing Pryce's Piloswine and Candice's Abomasnow (to prove it's the better tree).
Finally, to prove it is not afraid of fire, it must solo Heatran.

I hope this is good for you!

GL and HF!

Thanks for the thought Sailor_Tom, and you actually made me realize I never specified I wasn't going to trade for this run. So that's kind of my fault that I wouldn't be able to get a Drifloon until its evolved form, and late into the game. I like the idea, and maybe you could alter the idea with a different pokemon for me. Here is one for you...

Sailor_Tom, take Blue the Shroomish. It must have the ability Effect Spore. Blue is very arrogant and thinks that grass types are the very best. Blue takes after the rival by the same name in RBY and has the following traits:
  • It must only use grass moves as a Shroomish, and forget all moves of other types as soon as it can.
  • If Blue's effect spore activates, it must switch out immediately because it hates weaker pokemon.
  • It must always remain one level above Peck the Torchic because it knows it has to overcome the type matchup.
  • To evolve into Breloom, it must solo Wattson with only its grass type moves (the effect spore rule would not apply).
  • Once it evolves, it realizes the value in having multiple types and must therefore get four moves of different types as soon as possible.
  • Finally, to prove its ultimate strength, it must solo at least one pokemon of each elite four member and champion (of your choice). However, the effect spore rule will apply, and if it activates, Blue must solo a different pokemon after switching out.
Let me know if this is too much :)

Alright, I'll reserve for Sailor Tom, Topher4167 and Magical Magmortar.

Sailor Tom:
Take Aqua the Tentacool. Aqua was once affiliated with Team Aqua, but he left for unknown reasons. However he still retains a hatred for Team Magma, and an overbearing love for the sea. He must only use Water moves once he learns them, and he must solo Maxie at every encounter. He may evolve after defeating him at Mt Chimney. Once he does evolve, however, he learns that the sea is not the only important part of life and decides he wants a moveset with all moves of different types.

Topher4167:
Take Audio the Tympole. Audio is obsessed with making as much noise as possible, and so must start every battle with Uproar. He must do this every time a new opponent is sent in against him. He must solo Burgh to evolve the first time (because art museums are too quiet) and solo Clay to evolve into Seismitoad (can't have anyone else louder than him

Magical Magmortar:
Coming

Last edited:
Okay, topher4167, since you like Pansage so much, why don't I start you off with Hot Dog the Tepig? This Tepig has an odd mental complex that makes it think like a Lillipup, so it must prove to be the alpha male (or female) of its pack. First off, it must keep a Normal-type move at all times, and use it immediately every time it is sent in. Second, it must solo Bianca's Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland (which is always her lead) during every encounter. Third, it must solo every Lillipup in the Striaton Gym (just a warning, the first Trainer you'll encounter leads with one).

After this is done, Hot Dog realizes that it is named after a food that was once served at a stand near the ferris wheel in Nimbasa. Treating this as mockery, it must solo N at that exact place, as well as Elesa's gym, to prove its worth. After that, it can be renamed Not Food. At that moment, it recalls that N likes ferris wheels and wonders if he was once destined to eat the poor pig. Shocked at this conspiracy theory, it must solo N at every encounter after (Optional: you may exclude N's Castle). Also, realizing that it no longer wants to impersonate Lillipup or its evolutions, it must forget the Normal-type move you taught it. In addition, it must solo Brycen's Gym because the atmosphere in that place reminds it of a refrigerator, which is where one would store hotdogs that are not ready to eat—a crippling thing to be reminded of.

tl;dr
- Hot Dog the Tepig
- Must keep a Normal-type move at all times and use it immediately every time it is sent in
- Must solo Bianca's Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland at every encounter
- Must solo every Lillipup in Striaton Gym
- Must solo N at Nimbasa and Elesa's Gym
- Rename Not Food
- Must solo every N encounter after (Optional: you may exclude N's Castle)
- Must forget its Normal-type move after being renamed
- Must solo Brycen's Gym

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF

===================================================================================

On an unrelated note, I am updating the Google Document I created last night periodically, so click the link in my signature every so often to keep track with me of who needs Scramblemons!

Last edited:
Mygavolt, you're an amazing person for creating that doc. I'll try and make some mons for some people, and hopefully, I can get the remaining three I need

Snaquaza

KACAW
Classic MANIAC, I assume easy, anyway, I'll reserve one

Take Puppy the Cubchoo, this Cubchoo was raised by a couple of Eevee's, so before you catch a Cubchoo, you capture an Eevee, Cubchoo's rules are different when raised by a different Eevee

Now the rules:
1. Catch Eevee
2. Evolve it to any Eeveelution you want
3. Catch Cubchoo
4. Win a double battle with only Cubchoo and the Eeveelution (Must be first battle you use Cubchoo and only one that you use the Eeveelution after you catch Cubchoo)
5. Apply Rules to Cubchoo
A. Vaporeon, raised soft, doesn't want to fight under 25% Health
B. Flareon, easily offended, can not use STAB under 50% Health
C. Jolteon, was hurried, can only have 3 move slots (4th just doesn't count)
D. Espeon, bright, must always know Brine and take advantage of it when possible
E. Umbreon, dark, must always know 3 Status attacks and 1 Attacking move

GL HF and note you only have restrictions from after the 6th Gym

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)