Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Looking for a Very Hard Black Scramble.

No trading
No gender-specific mons
No mons required to do more than 25 solos of the same thing (that means you can say "solo 25 Ice-types and 10 Dragon-types" but not "30 Ice-types")
No restrictions requiring fainting (Selfdestruct/Explosion restrictions are cool, though)
I need something that can beat Striaton Gym without brutal amounts of grinding

Other than that I'll accept anything. As long as I don't get two challenges both telling me to solo the same gym leader or something.
AOPSUser take Stone the Pansear. Stone is very fascinated with stones and the ground. So, Stone must learn these moves when/if obtained:
Natural Gift
Flame Burst
Dig
Rock Tomb
Thief
Will-O-Wisp
At the end of the game, it must have 4 of these moves, one of which has to be Dig, as its moveset. After you get a Fire Stone, Stone is very fascinated with it and must have it as a held item up until it may evolve.
Also, it must solo 10 Roggenrola(a lot of rocks), 5 Boldore(rarer rocks), a Gigalith(a very rare rock), 5 Joltik and 1 Galvantula(spiders that get in the way), and Reshiram once(it comes out of a rock!), all using Dig at least once(to dig them up). Every time it is sent into battle, it must dig up the opponent(after you get Dig). To dig up the opponent, it must use Dig, and then KO the Pokemon in under 30 moves. After it digs up 50 Pokemon, solos the required solos above, and solos Clay, you may take the fire stone off and use it on Stone. After it evolves, you may give it a new item... but that item has to be a Hard Stone. Gl, hf!

AOPSUser take Stone the Pansear. Stone is very fascinated with stones and the ground. So, Stone must learn these moves when/if obtained:
Natural Gift
Flame Burst
Dig
Rock Tomb
Thief
Will-O-Wisp
At the end of the game, it must have 4 of these moves, one of which has to be Dig, as its moveset. After you get a Fire Stone, Stone is very fascinated with it and must have it as a held item up until it may evolve.
Also, it must solo 10 Roggenrola(a lot of rocks), 5 Boldore(rarer rocks), a Gigalith(a very rare rock), 5 Joltik and 1 Galvantula(spiders that get in the way), and Reshiram once(it comes out of a rock!), all using Dig at least once(to dig them up). Every time it is sent into battle, it must dig up the opponent(after you get Dig). To dig up the opponent, it must use Dig, and then KO the Pokemon in under 30 moves. After it digs up 50 Pokemon, solos the required solos above, and solos Clay, you may take the fire stone off and use it on Stone. After it evolves, you may give it a new item... but that item has to be a Hard Stone. Gl, hf!
Well this looks to be annoying.

Accepted. 5 more to go!

Just so you guys know, I still need two more Pokémon for my Soul Silver Scramble Challange (it's back on page 428).

No trading
No gender-specific mons
No mons required to do more than 25 solos of the same thing (that means you can say "solo 25 Ice-types and 10 Dragon-types" but not "30 Ice-types")
No restrictions requiring fainting (Selfdestruct/Explosion restrictions are cool, though)

Other than that I'll accept anything. As long as I don't get two challenges both telling me to solo the same gym leader or something.
You get TROLOLOL the Scraggy. TROLOLOL absolutely loves to make other Trainers scream with rage. Thus, whenever you find a new Trainer class (excluding the story trainer classes like Gym Leader, Champion, Rival, etc.), TROLOLOL must make the attacks of each of their Pokémon unsuccessful five times in a row before KOing it. Moves that target the user (like Swords Dance) that the opponent uses do not break your chain of disabled attacks, but do not count toward it either. After you do this to 25 separate Trainer classes, then Scraggy can evolve into Scrafty. As a Scrafty, TROLOLOL must do a similar thing to each new evolution chain you encounter. TROLOLOL must solo Grimsley, getting a chain of five disabled attacks on each of his Pokémon.

Just so you guys know, I still need two more Pokémon for my Soul Silver Scramble Challange (it's back on page 428).

You get TROLOLOL the Scraggy. TROLOLOL absolutely loves to make other Trainers scream with rage. Thus, whenever you find a new Trainer class (excluding the story trainer classes like Gym Leader, Champion, Rival, etc.), TROLOLOL must make the attacks of each of their Pokémon unsuccessful five times in a row before KOing it. Moves that target the user (like Swords Dance) that the opponent uses do not break your chain of disabled attacks, but do not count toward it either. After you do this to 25 separate Trainer classes, then Scraggy can evolve into Scrafty. As a Scrafty, TROLOLOL must do a similar thing to each new evolution chain you encounter. TROLOLOL must solo Grimsley, getting a chain of five disabled attacks on each of his Pokémon.
Are there even 25 trainer classes in the game?

Otherwise it's quite good. Just change that part. (prepare for my Torment+Protect Scraggy! :P)

Also I'll give you a mon for your SS Scramble:

Take Unhittable the Staryu. Staryu knows that Voltorb doesn't know how to be a ninja. With the following moveset, it can never be hit!
Must have following moves:
-Minimize
-Recover (in case opponent gets lucky)
-Cosmic Power/Light Screen/Reflect (more insurance)
-attacking move of choice

In addition, it must always use Minimize first thing every battle, and it may never use items in-battle (except for the Surge solo as that might be impossible without any)

Solo the Rival's starter every time to prove how its tactics are superior to Ninja's. After soloing his Meganium at the end of Victory Road, it may evolve into Starmie to get even faster, and thus, better. Once you get into Kanto, solo Lt. Surge, to show how its tactics still prevail against moves like Shock Wave.

Oh, and solo Red's Pikachu while under level 70. Why? Just because.

Are there even 25 trainer classes in the game?

Otherwise it's quite good. Just change that part. (prepare for my Torment+Protect Scraggy! :P)
Thanks a lot! And sorry, I think I was mixing up BW and BW2 or something. Change it to 15. I wouldn't recommend Torment, as it doesn't disable a move unless you're faster and the opponent is using a move that they just did. Protect, Sand-Attack, and Swagger are all good choices, though.

EDIT: After checking on Bulbapedia, I discovered that even though it doesn't list 25 BW trainer classes in the "Trainer class" article, it does in the "Unova" section at the bottom of any Trainer class article. It's your choice how many you want to do. Just so you know the eligible classes:
-Ace Trainer
-Artist
-Backers
-Backpacker
-Baker
-Battle Girl
-Biker
-Black Belt
-Clerk
-Cyclist
-Dancer
-Depot Agent
-Doctor
-Fisherman
-Gentleman
-Harlequin
-Hiker
-Hooligans
-Hoopster
-Infielder
-Janitor
-Lady
-Lass
-Linebacker
-Maid
-Motorcyclist
-Musician
-Nurse
-Nursery Aid
-Parasol Lady
-Pilot
-Pokéfan
-PKMN Breeder
-PKMN Ranger
-Policeman
-Preschooler
-Psychic
-Rich Boy
-Roughneck
-School Kid
-Scientist
-Smasher
-Socialite
-Striker
-Swimmer
-Team Plasma Grunt
-Twins
-Veterans
-Waiter
-Waitress
-Worker
-Youngster

Last edited:
This... is not Episode 5. This is just a rant.

I thought soloing Lenora with FORSCIENCE would be the hardest part. I was wrong.
I thought beating Burgh with a dead-weight Flame Test and 2 Water-types would be the hardest part. I was wrong.
Nope, by far the hardest part is soloing Clay with Cellphish. And Clay has a Krokorok. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal; I could just grind up to a high level, Charm it down to -6, and then whittle it down with HP Ground. That would be easy... except that his Krokorok has Swagger.
Yeah.
If you thought I was against SwagPlay before, oh my Arceus I absolutely loathe it now. No matter how much I grind, I will still be hitting myself for big damage. At +6 (I believe), Cellphish OHKOs itself Not only that, Crunch's chance to lower Defense has screwed me over many times, since I can't undo it with more Charms, and I don't have access to X items yet. (And I can't even switch out, since it has to be a solo and I would be switching out for a reason other than healing). But I will persist; eventually I'll be able to outplay the coinflip. Probably. You'll know when I do because I'll post ep 5.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

No trading
No gender-specific mons

I'm making a minor return here and will give you First Aid the Audino.
- First Aid may only know a single damaging move.
- First Aid must carry Heal Pulse ASAP.
- First Aid may not switch out when the opponent is not at full HP.
- First Aid may not use it's damaging move until it has used all of it's support moves.
- First Aid must use Heal Pulse when the target is in the Orange Health unless it's out of PP.
- First Aid may not use Healing Items unless it's opponent is at full HP.
- Pokemon that are not at full health may not switch in if this Pokemon is still alive.
- This Pokemon must be healed ASAP when it has died.
- It may not have the lowest level on your team.

All of these have flavor involved :)

Well Have Fun with this and if it's too hard then I'll change it a bit, but I hope you're willing to do this

Last edited:
I'm making a minor return here and will give you First Aid the Audino.
- First Aid may only know a single damaging move.
- First Aid must carry Heal Pulse ASAP.
- First Aid may not switch out when the opponent is not at full HP.
- First Aid may not use it's damaging move until it has used all of it's support moves.
- First Aid must use Heal Pulse when the target is in the Orange Health unless it's out of PP.
- First Aid may not use Healing Items unless it's opponent is at full HP.
- Pokemon that are not at full health may not switch in if this Pokemon is still alive.
- This Pokemon must be healed ASAP when it has died.
- It may not have the lowest level on your team.

All of these have flavor involved :)

Well Have Fun with this and if it's too hard then I'll change it a bit, but I hope you're willing to do this
Looks difficult, but thanks to my previous scramble of Black 2 I know how to play Audino. Restriction abuse time! :P

(accepted)

Looking for a pretty hard emerald scramble.

I'm doing drum corps this summer and I have a lot of bus time. I'd like something to do.

If you can, music themed would be really cool! (Music as in marching band or concert/jazz band stuff, that's what I'm doing all summer). Thanks!
You get Screech the Chimecho. Screech must learn Uproar, Yawn, and Heal Bell as soon as it is able. It must keep these moves for the remainder of the game, in addition to one move of your choice. When it enters a battle or switch in, Screech must immediately use Uproar until it calms down. At this point, it will be tired and must use Yawn. Then, you can use whatever moves you want. If, at any point, Screech or any of its allies gets a status condition, you must use Heal Bell ASAP. Because Glacia is annoyed by Screech's music, it must solo at least three of Glacia's Pokémon.

Also, if you could give me one last Pokémon for my Soul Silver Scramble (on page 428), it would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Oops; it looks like it's been deleted. Never mind then!

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still looking for four more pokemon for my white 2 challenge.
I have Arty the Riolu and Thimble the Litwick.
I would like to have a starter but is not necessary. No trades. Try not to be super grinding.
You get Masked Man, the Male Purrloin.
According to an old legend Purrloin tend to be afraid that they lose their identity when their mask is stolen. However their "mask" is stick to their face so can't be stolen.
This legend appears to be true.

It has a faith meter:
- 1: Using a Contact move.
- 5: Being healed but not to full health.
- 10: KO'ing the target with a Concact move.
- 20: Being hit by a contact move
- 25: Fainting
+ 1: Using a Status Move
+ 3: Using a Special Move
+ 3: Being healed from Yellow to full Health.
+ 5: KO'ing the target with a Special Move
+ 10: KO'ing the target with a Status Move
+ 15: Being healed from Red to full Health.
+ 25: Solo'ing any major battle

It starts at 0, the cap is 255. You gotta reach 255 to evolve it into Liepard.
Every time you enter a city with a Gym, you look at it's current faith meter:
- X < 100: You gotta Solo the Gym Leader and the Trainers
- 100 < X < 150: You gotta Solo the Gym Leader
- 150 < X < 200: You gotta Solo the Gym Trainers
- 200 < X: You don't have to solo anything.
You may skip this if you have to solo it already.

GL HF, if there's any problem contact me!

I'd give more but didn't see any others on the past 2 page that were still open.

Last edited:
I'd give more but didn't see any others on the past 2 page that were still open.
If you don't mind, I'm still looking for one more 'mon for my SS Scramble Challange on Page 428. If it's not too much trouble, could you consider giving me one? Sorry for bothering you, and thanks a ton!

Snaquaza

KACAW
If you don't mind, I'm still looking for one more 'mon for my SS Scramble Challange on Page 428. If it's not too much trouble, could you consider giving me one? Sorry for bothering you, and thanks a ton!
Take Spearow the Drill.

Drill had a harsh youth, at military training he had to drill in his tactics so many times..
- Drill must always keep the moves which it had when you caught it.

It now hates Drills..
- Must Solo all "Drill Species" Pokemon and their evolutionary relatives, if this fails you gotta try again.

Depending on what level you caught it, the more traumatized it is..
X < 10: No extra restriction
10 < X < 20: Must solo one entire gym without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
20 < X < 30: Must solo two entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
30 < X < 40: Must solo three entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
40 < X: Must solo five entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
Trading: Must solo all entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center that are not solo'd yet.

Good luck have fun! (I love it if people want hard challanges, but I overdo it at times)

Take Spearow the Drill.

Drill had a harsh youth, at military training he had to drill in his tactics so many times..
- Drill must always keep the moves which it had when you caught it.

It now hates Drills..
- Must Solo all "Drill Species" Pokemon and their evolutionary relatives, if this fails you gotta try again.

Depending on what level you caught it, the more traumatized it is..
X < 10: No extra restriction
10 < X < 20: Must solo one entire gym without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
20 < X < 30: Must solo two entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
30 < X < 40: Must solo three entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
40 < X: Must solo five entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center.
Trading: Must solo all entire gyms without heading back to the Pokemon Center that are not solo'd yet.

Good luck have fun! (I love it if people want hard challanges, but I overdo it at times)
Thanks a ton! If it has less than 4 moves when I catch it, am I allowed to teach it new moves?
Please say yes.

It's been forever since I last posted a Scramble update! (Literally, it's been more than a year.)

Anyway, I got the Earthbadge, and cleared Victory Road. However, I keep wiping on Lance, and it's clear that Ash is my weak point. This poses a problem, since I have to lead with Jacob. However, there's nothing in the Scramble that says that I can't intentionally cause a Pokemon to faint, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I put Ash in the second spot, intentionally knock out Jacob, and then I have Ash leading without breaking the Scramble!

Back to training Ash I go...

And so my Scramble Challange begins. Seeing as this is my first Scramble, I find it fitting to name Ethan “Scramble” and Silver “Challange” … oh wait. Seven characters. Make that “Scrambl” and “Chalang.”

After the obligatory opening story, I choose Athlete the Totodile as my starter. It's very focused on making itself stronger or its opponent weaker, leaving little room for actual attacks. Currently, it only knows Scratch and Leer. I’m forced to use Scratch (which is technically not allowed) until Athlete reaches Level 6 and learns Water Gun. I do some more grinding to aid Athlete’s fight against Chalang.

While I could theoretically go and catch Drill on Route 46, it's in my best interests to wait until the Safari Zone so I can get it with Aerial Ace.

Athlete, now at Level 11, easily defeats Chalang’s Chikorita. I then continue along the routes until I hit Dark Cave, at which point I catch Headstrong the Zubat. This Zubat is too stubborn to use status moves, and it feels a need to defeat Pokémon owned by the strongest trainers in the region.

Falkner’s Gym is coming up, and I want to start getting Headstrong’s obligatory Gym Leader battles out of the way. I start switch training Headstrong, which is a little annoying thanks to his urge to attack before switching out. I get it up to Level 14 by training in the Ruins of Alph (Leech Life, Astonish, and Bite are all super effective against Unown) and decide to fight Falkner. While I totally forgot about Roost, Falkner’s horrible AI causes his Pidgeotto to slowly die to my continual Bite attacks. And that’s my first badge!

CURRENT TEAM:
Badges: 1
(Grayed-out moves are unusable thanks to Scramble Challange rules).

"Athlete" the Totodile, Lv. 14
-Scratch
-Leer
-Water Gun
-
Rage
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Stats: 39/26/28/19/19/18
Comments: At this stage, Athlete has only one reasonable move: Water Gun. That's not to say it's not useful: Headstrong covers the Grass-types that get in Athlete's way, and Water Gun does respectable damage to everything.

"Headstrong" the Zubat, Lv. 15
-Leech Life
-Supersonic

-Astonish
-Bite
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Stats: 41/21/18/18/20/22
Gym Pokémon Soloed: 2 Johto, 0 Kanto
Elite 4 Pokémon Soloed: 0 First Round, 0 Second Round
Red's Pokémon Soloed: 0
Leads Against Chalang: 0
Comments: After finally learning Bite, Headstrong can actually deal damage to the rampant Normal-types. It definitely has a lot of potential. It struggles at damage-dealing at the moment, but after it learns Wing Attack and evolves it'll be much better.

UPDATE #2:

I thought it would be best to keep on updating this post until it gets too far from the bottom.

I check out Dark Cave with my new Rock Smash HM. To do this, I catch two “HM Servants,” a Geodude (with Rock Smash) and a Bellsprout (with Flash). I begin to move south toward Azalea Town, leveling up Athlete and Headstrong as I go. Headstrong finally reaches Level 17 and learns Wing Attack, which is amazing at this point of the game. Athlete reaches his evolution level, but refuses to evolve because he doesn’t feel strong enough.

I kick Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well with Athlete and Headstrong, and the path to Bugsy’s gym is clear. The battle where my Zubat fights a deadly monster of doom and two meat walls commences. Luckily, Scyther uses Focus Energy and doesn’t get a critical hit on its subsequent two Quick Attacks. Then it’s a simple matter of spamming Wing Attack until Metapod and Kakuna are down for the count. That’s badge number two, in addition to the TM for U-turn, which I promptly teach to Headstrong. Also, Headstrong has soloed all the gym leaders he needs in Johto (he still has to solo one more in Kanto).

CURRENT TEAM:
Badges: 2
(Grayed-out moves are unusable thanks to Scramble Challange rules).

"Athlete" the Totodile, Lv. 19
-Scary Face
-Leer

-Water Gun
-Rage
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Stats: 50/35/37/24/26/23
Comments: Water Gun is progressively getting weaker, and I'm definitely looking forward to Ice Fang at Level 20 (it's stronger even with Water Gun's STAB, and Athlete's physical attack is higher). Unfortunately, I can't let it evolve until after I reach the Pokéathlon Dome (and even then, I need to catch one more member of my team first so that I can enter the Pokéathlon).

"Headstrong" the Zubat, Lv. 19
-U-turn
-Wing Attack
-Astonish
-Bite
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Stats: 50/25/21/22/24/27
Gym Pokémon Soloed: 5 Johto, 0 Kanto
Elite 4 Pokémon Soloed: 0 First Round, 0 Second Round
Red's Pokémon Soloed: 0
Leads Against Chalang: 0
Comments: Zubat is really an amazing Pokémon to use in-game after you get it Wing Attack. It's fast, has a pretty good typing, and has enough power to be useful. Unfortunately, I'm so used to pressing "Run" against wild Pokémon that I often forget that Headstrong needs to attack first. I've taken to leading with Athlete unless it's totally necessary. Luckily, U-turn should be able to circumvent the 'attack before switching' rule in a pinch: technically, U-turn deals damage before it switches the user out.

Last edited:
While I totally forgot about Roost, Falkner’s horrible AI causes his Pidgeotto to slowly die to my continual Bite attacks. And that’s my first badge!
:O

Good job with the patience. Falkner's probably the most annoying leader in the game, more so than Clair who at least doesn't spam Smokescreen with Kingdra. Quilava doesn't even 2HKO, and you did it with Zubat...

Snaquaza

KACAW
Taking a easy White 2 scramble
Restrictions:
I need at least 1 Pokemon by Cheren
No excessive grinding or Magikarp
Trading only for trade evolutions
You get Mareep the Blanket.
Blanket always keeps its company warm, it must keep any attack with "Cotton" in it's name at any time.
Blanket dislikes it loses its fur as Ampharos, so it'll have to use a "Cotton move" every time its send into battle.

Good Luck, Have Fun!

And down go the Elite Four! Oh, and my rival.

After leveling Ash to 50, I decided to challenge the E4 again, expecting yet another wipe on Lance. Although Ash went down several times on Lance and a few times on the Rival, there were no wipes. Now all I have to do to complete the Challange is the legendary birds and Mewtwo!

EDIT: I'm going to be catching the birds and Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I have a Pokemon idea for you, birdcrest. You wanted at least one Pokemon before Cheren, so I am giving you one! The challenge has to do with one of my favorite parts of BW2: Pokestar Studios.

Take Movie Fan the Purrloin. Movie Fan, as its name suggests, loves the movies, and wants to see as many movies as possible. However, this Pokemon has spent so much time watching movies that it has forgotten how to use non-STAB moves!

- Upon reaching level 15, Movie Fan may only use Dark-type moves.
- Movie Fan may not learn Torment, as that move is banned from Pokestar Studios.
- Complete any four full movie series in Pokestar Studios (you don't need to use Movie Fan for this; rental Pokemon are fine) to allow Movie Fan to evolve.
- Complete any four full movie series in Pokestar Studios with Movie Fan participating in the battle to remove the restriction on move types. Torment is still banned, though.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a Pokemon idea for you, birdcrest. You wanted at least one Pokemon before Cheren, so I am giving you one! The challenge has to do with one of my favorite parts of BW2: Pokestar Studios.

Take Movie Fan the Purrloin. Movie Fan, as its name suggests, loves the movies, and wants to see as many movies as possible. However, this Pokemon has spent so much time watching movies that it has forgotten how to use non-STAB moves!

- Upon reaching level 15, Movie Fan may only use Dark-type moves.
- Movie Fan may not learn Torment, as that move is banned from Pokestar Studios.
- Complete any four full movie series in Pokestar Studios (you don't need to use Movie Fan for this; rental Pokemon are fine) to allow Movie Fan to evolve.
- Complete any four full movie series in Pokestar Studios with Movie Fan participating in the battle to remove the restriction on move types. Torment is still banned, though.
I already have Blanket before Cheren, but accepted

Another Scramble update in the same day!

First of all, I caught Articuno. One bird down, two to go.

Second, I haven't forgotten about my Ruby Scramble. I still plan on doing that once I finish my Yellow Scramble.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Taking a easy White 2 scramble
Pokemon:
Blanket the Mareep
Movie Fan the Purrloin
Restrictions:
I need at least 1 Pokemon by Cheren
No excessive grinding or Magikarp
Trading only for trade evolutions
Hi birdcrest, I have a fun and easy challange for you. It looks like you don't have a starter yet, so take Clumsy the Tepig. He is so clumsy that he accidentally burns his own items. He is not allowed to use any items in a battle, and every time you use a physical move in battle, you must throw away an item after the battle. The first time, throw from Items, then Medicine, then Berries, then Free Space. He is allowed to hold an item, but after the battle is over you must throw it away as it will be destroyed. Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)