Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Gale Wing Srock, take Shrewd the Sandshrew.

Shrewd hates to waste moves with normal effectiveness attacks, so here's the kicker - you may only attack a Pokémon if you can hit it for Super Effective damage. If it can't deal SE damage, it must immediately switch out to something. You may not use any moves that raise stats by less than 2 stages, because Shrewd believes that it's a waste of time to raise stats one stage at a time. Also, it may not use any moves with an accuracy below 90, because it thinks that's too much of a waste to miss. You may evolve freely, but once it evolves, you may not change any of its moves.

tl;dr:
  • Only use SE attacks; if it can't, it must switch out
  • No stat boosting by less than 2 stages at a time.
  • No moves with an accuracy below 90.
  • Moveset is locked on evolution.

Hi everyone! I've decided that I'll be taking on a Scramble Challenge for Pokemon White.

- Need a difficult challenge for White
- No excessive grinding please
- All six Pokemon should be fairly difficult to train and evolve (at least two should be available by the third gym, three by the fifth).
- Make batting restrictive and fairly difficult. Take items and switching into account.
- I want this to be like a story. When giving suggestions please try to give each of the Pokemon a small backstory and some major personality. I'd like them all to have nicknames as well.
- I'm accepting restrictions to movesets and when my Pokemon can evolve.
- I cannot trade.
- I would like to use a starter Pokemon.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Gale Wing Srock:

Take Mumu the Spinda.

Mumu is a very clumsy and shy Pokemon. Mumu was abandoned by her Trainer when Mumu failed to take out Flannery's Torkoal. Mumu's ultimate life goal is to take on and solo Flannery's Torkoal, however, Mumu refuses to be higher leveled than it as Mumu wants to prove that Mumu can take on even the mightiest of Pokemon. If Mumu is successful in the mission, you must let Mumu celebrate and be happy, which means you cannot use Mumu until you run or battle the next Fire type you see after defeating Norman. Mumu also has a strange skin condition which prevents her from being healed up, so you may not use any form of healing item on Mumu during or outside a battle. However, if Mumu fails to take out Flannery's Torkoal on its own or faints while trying, Mumu will forever live in a life of disappointment and will ask to be permanently boxed for the rest of the game, meaning you will not be able to use Mumu ever again. So don't let Mumu down!

tldr;
• Mumu the Spinda
• Must solo Flannery's Torkoal
• Cannot be any level higher than Torkoal during the battle
• If successful you may not use Mumu until you see a fire type after defeating Noman
• If Mumu fails, must be permanently boxed for the rest of the game
• No healing items may be used on Mumu

Last edited:
runbabyrun take Equipment the Klink.

This Klink thinks it is an item, not a Pokemon! In fact, it considers all of the Klink line to be items, and wants to be the best.

• Equipment may never hold any item or have any item used on it. After all, it thinks it is an item, and how can you use an item on another item?
  • You may never switch out Equipment unless the Pokemon you're switching into a) is not holding an item, b) has not had any items used on it that battle, and c) has not been switched out for Equipment that battle.
  • Catch and release five Klink to evolve Equipment to Klang. Catch and release another five Klink (for a total of ten) to evolve Equipment to Klinklang. The second five Klink must be caught after Equipment evolves into Klang.
  • If you want it to be extra restrictive, Equipment may only use Steel-type moves.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know!

runbabyrun take Grind the Timburr.

While others of its species may want to train all day to get stronger, this particular Timburr hates grinding. Thus, whenever this Pokemon is in your team, you may not attack any wild Pokemon, unless you wish to capture them either as part of a restriction or if they are shiny or legendary. Furthermore, if you accidentally kill said wild Pokemon, you must then buy and toss $2000 worth of items at a Pokemart (if you buy a bunch of Pokeballs make sure to toss the Premier Ball as well).

In addition, because it's lazy, if it is ever the highest-leveled Pokemon on your team, you may not use it in battle until this is rectified. The exception is if you are doing soloes. Speaking of which, to evolve, you must solo a Gym Leader not named Lenora.

Once it evolves into Gurdurr, it decides it wants to train to be the best. However, it still doesn't want to fight wild Pokemon because it believes it is very inefficient to do so when you could just be killing Audino instead. Upon evolution, you may still not attack wild Pokemon, unless said wild Pokemon is Audino.

Upon evolution, take Gurdurr back to the Challenge Rock. It is inspired by the formidable rock and will always hold the Star Piece from this point on. Also, solo all other Fighting-types, unless this conflicts with another solo, to prove that it is the best. Finally, solo Marshal.

Also I need three more mons for my HeartGold Scramble (see previous page).

AOPUser, take Pacifist the Meganium.

Pacifist is a very sweet a gentle Pokemon, and is, well, a pacifist. It hates to fight, and will only do so if forced. Pacifist is only allowed to have one attacking move, and it must be a grass type move, but this move cannot be Solarbeam or Petal Dance. If you have other attacking moves in your moveslot, you are not allowed to use them. Your final moveslot should consist of three status moves and one attacking move. You are not allowed to have or use status moves that cause pain to the opponent (Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Toxic, etc). Since Pacifist loves to help its team, it must have either Reflect or Light Screen in its final moveset (you can have both), and as soon as it gets one of these moves, it must always start off a battle with it (only if you decide to lead with it, though).

In order for Pacifist to evolve from Chikorita into Bayleef, it must solo that guy's Hoothoot in Sprout Tower (don't remember his name, but he's the one who gives you Flash and he has a Hoothoot).

In order for it to evolve from Bayleef into Meganium, it must first learn Light Screen (which it learns at level 36 I believe).

Finally, it must always be holding a Leaf Stone. This restriction is not fully enforced until after you beat Chuck.

Also, sorry to say this, but could you possibly give me a different Pokemon for my Scramble? I can't trade and I don't want to have any NFEs on the final team. Thanks!

AOPUser, take Pacifist the Meganium.

Pacifist is a very sweet a gentle Pokemon, and is, well, a pacifist. It hates to fight, and will only do so if forced. Pacifist is only allowed to have one attacking move, and it must be a grass type move, but this move cannot be Solarbeam or Petal Dance. If you have other attacking moves in your moveslot, you are not allowed to use them. Your final moveslot should consist of three status moves and one attacking move. You are not allowed to have or use status moves that cause pain to the opponent (Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Toxic, etc). Since Pacifist loves to help its team, it must have either Reflect or Light Screen in its final moveset (you can have both), and as soon as it gets one of these moves, it must always start off a battle with it (only if you decide to lead with it, though).

In order for Pacifist to evolve from Chikorita into Bayleef, it must solo that guy's Hoothoot in Sprout Tower (don't remember his name, but he's the one who gives you Flash and he has a Hoothoot).

In order for it to evolve from Bayleef into Meganium, it must first learn Light Screen (which it learns at level 36 I believe).

Finally, it must always be holding a Leaf Stone. This restriction is not fully enforced until after you beat Chuck.

Also, sorry to say this, but could you possibly give me a different Pokemon for my Scramble? I can't trade and I don't want to have any NFEs on the final team. Thanks!
Accepted.

Gurdurr is still amazing in its own right though, even without Eviolite. If you want, replace Timburr with Throh and keep the restrictions, minus the evolution of course.

Hey guys I've decided to do a scramble of Pokemon Y! I don't have many restrictions, just no trading, and 2 of the 6 need to be the Kalos and Kanto starters respectively. I also want it challenging, but definitely possible, and all pokemon available before the 5th gym please.

DestinyRed take Mega? the Aerodactyl.

Since Aerodactyl just got a new mega, it's obviously excited to use it. So, the only item it may ever hold is Aerodactylite.

But wait! There's more. When it Mega Evolves, it gains a bunch of power, and as they say, with great power comes great responsibility. Once you Mega Evolve your Aerodactyl, it may no longer switch (in that battle), and must solo the rest of the trainer (so in Double battles have your partner throw Pokeballs or something). In addition, it may only use moves that have 60 or less BP, counting Tough Claws, once Mega Evolved.

If Aerodactyl faints while Mega Evolved, it will see itself as a failure, and will sit out of any trainer battles until you get your next gym badge. Once you get your next badge, it wishes to become stronger, so solo the next gym leader. If the badge in question was your eighth, solo an Elite Four member. If Aerodactyl doesn't faint while Mega Evolved you don't have to worry about this.

Solo a gym leader/E4 Member of your choice without using super-effective moves (you don't have to Mega Evolve :O).

If you Mega Evolve less than five times throughout the story, solo an Elite Four member. If you have to solo an Elite Four member as part of the above restriction(s), solo two.
If you Mega Evolve less than ten times throughout the story, solo Diantha's Gardevoir.

You wanted a Kanto starter DestinyRed so you get one.

Take Excited the Charmander.

What's this Charmander excited about? Becoming everyone's favorite Pokemon: Charizard. He knows, however, that he has to train hard to evolve and reach his dream!

As a Charmander:
  • Level-up moves learned past level 16 cannot be used until Excited evolves into Charmeleon.
  • Solo Clemont to evolve.

As a Charmeleon:
  • Level-up moves learned past level 36 cannot be used until Excited evolves into Charizard.
  • Solo Olympia to evolve.

As a Charizard:
  • Learn and keep Fly.
  • Hold Charizardite Y at all times.
  • Fire- and Flying-type moves only.
  • Fire moves may only be used in the sun. (Sunny Day is an exception to this rule for obvious reasons.)
  • Solo one Elite 4 member as Mega Charizard Y.
(And yes, I know that will put two Megas on your team. You'll have to choose each battle whether to use Mega Aerodactyl or Mega Charizard Y.)

I don't know if anyone here recognizes me still, but I used to post here all the time. I'm looking for another run after a long while, so if you all would, I'd like a scramble for Black/White 2, with a medium difficulty. I only have a few rules:
1. Try to avoid repeating types. I don't want a Snivy and a Petilil together, for example.
2. Include a nickname/backstory, please. It makes it a lot more fun for me.
3. Don't include any of the following Pokemon: Sewaddle, Azurill, Growlithe, Sandshrew, Drifblim, Absol, Magnemite, Heracross, Litwick, Frillish, Golurk (Pokemon from my first BW2 run and my final team when I nuzlocked the game a while back). Anything else is fair.

I'll give a Pokemon to those still waiting later on this evening. Thanks in advance!

Accepted mons:
Tyranitarphantom take Meek the Mareep

This Mareep has always been shy, and won't battle any Pokemon that you have not seen before (for example, if you encounter a Pokemon in the wild for the first time, or if a trainer uses a Pokemon that you've never seen before). It also won't battle against any Pokemon more than two levels above or below it.

- Mareep will not evolve into Flaafy until everyone else on the team has reached their second stage of evolution, unless they don't evolve.

- Flaafy will not evolve into Ampharos until everyone else on the team has reach their final stage of evolution, unless they do not evolve. (Yes, this includes Pokemon such as Hydreigon who evolve at obscenely high levels)

- Meek is always too shy to use items on itself during battle besides held items, as well as TMs

- Meek will not switch in from a Pokemon a lower level than it, and won't switch into an opposing Pokemon higher leveled than it.
Guys. Give. Me. Mons.

I'll give Tyranitarphantom one soon. Watch this post.

EDIT: Tyranitarphantom take Random the Drapion, so-named because I used an RNG to determine which mon to give!

While most players hate the RNG, Random embraces it! He believes in utilizing the RNG for its own benefit. As a result, it may only use moves that:
-inflict Paralysis, Confusion, or Attraction, or have a chance to do so
-have a high critical hit rate
-have accuracy strictly less than 90%
-have a secondary effect that has a 30% chance or greater to activate
-increase evasion or decrease accuracy
-increase/decrease random stats
-do damage to a random target in Doubles+

Additionally, learn and keep Acupressure immediately and lead with it in every battle.

Evolve whenever. However, you must solo a gym leader with it. Flip a coin to decide whether to solo Drayden or Marlon. Also, solo one mon belonging to each E4, also rolled at random (for each E4 member).

Last edited:
Tyranitarphantom take Meek the Mareep

This Mareep has always been shy, and won't battle any Pokemon that you have not seen before (for example, if you encounter a Pokemon in the wild for the first time, or if a trainer uses a Pokemon that you've never seen before). It also won't battle against any Pokemon more than two levels above or below it.

- Mareep will not evolve into Flaafy until everyone else on the team has reached their second stage of evolution, unless they don't evolve.

- Flaafy will not evolve into Ampharos until everyone else on the team has reach their final stage of evolution, unless they do not evolve. (Yes, this includes Pokemon such as Hydreigon who evolve at obscenely high levels)

- Meek is always too shy to use items on itself during battle besides held items, as well as TMs

- Meek will not switch in from a Pokemon a lower level than it, and won't switch into an opposing Pokemon higher leveled than it.

Tyranitarphantom take Extreme the Deino.

I will be lenient and not give you anything too extreme to deal with. Deino can evolve into Zwelious at the level it normally evolves, but it cannot evolve into Hydreigon until after you defeat the Elite Four (this does not include the Champion). However, Zwelious must evolve into Hydreigon before challenging Iris. This means that you will need to bring some Rare Candies along with you, and Zwelious will have to be at a high enough level where the Rare Candies are enough.

If you accidentally eat the Rare Candies, Zwelious will be allowed to evolve during the final Elite Four member you challenge.

Yes, I gave this to you specifically because DestinyRed gave you a Flaafy that can't evolve until everyone else evolves. >:) I'm evil. Mwhahaha.

Last edited:
Guys. Give. Me. Mons.

I'll give Tyranitarphantom one soon. Watch this post.

EDIT: Tyranitarphantom take Random the Drapion, so-named because I used an RNG to determine which mon to give!

While most players hate the RNG, Random embraces it! He believes in utilizing the RNG for its own benefit. As a result, it may only use moves that:
-inflict Paralysis, Confusion, or Attraction, or have a chance to do so
-have a high critical hit rate
-have accuracy strictly less than 90%
-have a secondary effect that has a 30% chance or greater to activate
-increase evasion or decrease accuracy
-increase/decrease random stats
-do damage to a random target in Doubles+

Additionally, learn and keep Acupressure immediately and lead with it in every battle.

Evolve whenever. However, you must solo a gym leader with it. Flip a coin to decide whether to solo Drayden or Marlon. Also, solo one mon belonging to each E4, also rolled at random (for each E4 member).

Last edited:
Tyranitarphantom are you going to be playing Black 2 or White 2? I don't want to give you a mon exclusive to one version if you're playing the other!

EDIT: Also, AOPSUser since you need more mons, do you mind if I give you a second one?

ANOTHER EDIT: All right Tyranitarphantom, I have a mon for you. Take Broken the Togepi.

This Togepi is having trouble evolving. Thus, you may not evolve Broken to Togetic until you find a Shiny Stone. Upon evolving to Togetic, you must immediately evolve to Togekiss using said Shiny Stone.

Solo all Dark-types and switch out whenever facing a Steel-type. (For Pawniard and Bisharp, flip a coin. If heads, solo it; if tails, switch out.)

Also, solo Grimsley, with the one exception of the one mon that Random has to solo. If Random does not solo Grimsley's Bisharp, Broken must solo it (assume that the coin landed on heads without actually flipping it).

(And yes, this idea did come from the TCG; I got a Togepi and a Togekiss but no Togetic! If I can give AOPSUser another mon, that will also come from the TCG.)

Last edited:
Okay, it's been a while, but I'm going to take on a Scramble for Pokemon X. No specific rules, except give me some type variety, good stories and I don't want a starter Pokemon (Kalos or Kanto). I would also prefer not to trade, since I do not currently have anyone to trade with. Transferring Pokemon in by way of Bank, however, is fine, however I would rather catch them in-game. I await your challenges!

EDIT: Also try not to make them too repetitive.
EDIT2: Changed my mind about transferring over. Nobel the Drifloon will be kept since he was given to me before I changed my mind.

Challenges:

CJorex you get the mon I was going to give AOPSUser: Clutch the Slugma.

This TCG-based mon is not one of my cards, but one of my opponent's. This Magcargo defeated me when I thought the game was won.

You may never lead Clutch, and you may only switch him in upon the fainting of another mon. The only exception is if he is required to solo a mon.

In order to evolve, Clutch must win a trainer battle with all of your other Scramble Pokemon fainted.
The original Slugma evolved as my opponent's last mon.
Solo all Hawlucha. That's the mon that was sweeping his team and the Magcargo took him down.

Take Nobel the Drifloon. Pokebank it into your game at some level lower than 10, with the move Explosion and the ability Aftermath. Don't use it until you have at least one badge.

Nobel is named after Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite, among other things. Unfortunately, Nobel the Drifloon happens to be loaded with a bunch of nitroglycerin--pure nitroglycerin, not even in dynamite form. As a result, it is incredibly volatile. At the start of each turn, RNG a number between 1 and your current max health, inclusive. If the number you RNG is greater than or equal to your current health, click Explosion. Also, if you ever get hit with a Fire-type or Electric-type move, click Explosion ASAP (and don't switch out).

But Nobel has heard of this interesting discovery--people call it SCIENCE. He has no idea what it is but it seems cool, and since he's loaded with nitroglycerin, the "scientists" have asked him to conduct "experiments" regarding something they call "dynamite". Nobel has no idea what this thing is, but apparently they need some rock, so have it KO five Rock-type and five Ground-type Pokemon with Explosion to evolve.

So what does evolution bring for Nobel? Well for one, it's far less volatile now, and it can actually control when it explodes. You must still RNG a number between 1 and your current max health, inclusive, but if the number you RNG is greater than or equal to your current health, you now flip a coin--you click Explosion if the coin lands heads, otherwise you are free to do whatever you want. You still have to Explode on Fire-type and Electric-type moves though.

Solo a Gym Leader not named Korrina. Explosion restrictions still apply to this solo so you'd better bring plenty of Revives.

Last edited:

This TCG-based mon is not one of my cards, but one of my opponent's. This Magcargo defeated me when I thought the game was won.

You may never lead Clutch, and you may only switch him in upon the fainting of another mon. The only exception is if he is required to solo a mon.

In order to evolve, Clutch must win a trainer battle with all of your other Scramble Pokemon fainted.
Solo all Hawlucha. That's the mon that was sweeping his team and the Magcargo took him down.

I take it! One question, how does the soloing Hawlucha requirement work if he is fainted? Do I have to revive him? Because that could become very annoying! (I don't mind if I have to, though)

I too need more mons for my Y scramble (4 more)

AOPSUser, Take Pride the Scyther

This Scyther always felt like it had something to prove, if not for others, for its pride.

- Scyther may not evolve until you solo Brock (or, if you are not going to Kanto, solo Jasmine)

- Scyther must solo any pokemon who's type is strong against Scyther's, unless he/she is fainted. Or unless this conflicts with another solo.

- Pride feels like it's too shameful to use healing items in battle, and also switching between turns (if you aren't playing on set)

I need a challange for X.
No trading or transferring.
I want it only moderately difficult, as this is my first scramble challange.
I want good stories.
I want at least 3 Pokemon by the 2nd gym.
There.

CURRENT SCRAMBLEMONS

I hate you (Scatterbug)
-May only battle against lower-leveled Pokemon
-Must spam String Shot until the opponent is slower than itself and has lowered speed
-Never forget String Shot
-Learn and keep Powder and Frustration
-When fighting a Fire-type, only use String Shot and Powder
-Must solo every other Team Flare grunt, Lysandre, and one Team Flare higher-up
-Must lead against Malva, no switching or items
-Never learn Return

Cursed (Honedge)
-Evolve into Doublade ASAP
-As Doublade, may not enter battle
-Must take part in Xerneas fight, must not switch out unless fainted
-Evolve to Aegislash after Xerneas fight
-Box Aegislash once evolved
-Xerneas takes its place on the team and can only use Fairy-type moves
-Upon reaching Pokemon League, two choices:
-Put Cursed on the team with no restrictions
-Keep Xerneas on the team, but can only use Fairy-type moves

Last edited:
I too need more mons for my Y scramble (4 more)

AOPSUser, Take Pride the Scyther

This Scyther always felt like it had something to prove, if not for others, for its pride.

- Scyther may not evolve until you solo Brock (or, if you are not going to Kanto, solo Jasmine)

- Scyther must solo any pokemon who's type is strong against Scyther's, unless he/she is fainted. Or unless this conflicts with another solo.

- Pride feels like it's too shameful to use healing items in battle, and also switching between turns (if you aren't playing on set)
I'll take it.

EDIT: Youngster Joey44 take I hate you the Scatterbug.

The original "I hate you", if you didn't know, is a Caterpie that couldn't evolve into Butterfree until it soloed Giovanni. This Scatterbug takes some of the ideas from that challenge and makes it, well, not impossible.

Scatterbug knows it's useless, and as a result it will only battle with Pokemon lower leveled than it. It's afraid of being slow, so it must use String Shot until the opponent either has lowered speed or is slower than Scatterbug, whichever comes last. Naturally, you may never forget String Shot.

Scatterbug hates you from the moment you catch it, so as soon as possible, have it learn and keep Frustration. Additionally, never learn Return.

However, as much as it hates you, it hates Team Flare more. As Team Flare has Flare in its name, it wants to learn and keep Powder immediately, and whenever it is fighting a Fire-type, the only moves it may use are String Shot (until it's slower than you or has lowered speed) and Powder (for the rest of the battle). Your fourth move is your choice.

Since it hates Team Flare, it must solo every other Team Flare Grunt you encounter, as well as Lysandre, every time you meet him. In addition, solo another Team Flare higher-up (ie those with actual names) of your choice. It also hates Malva, because she's a part of Team Flare, so you must lead against her with Vivillon. Do not switch out or use items, and keep going until either Malva is defeated or Vivillon is dead.

Last edited:
Cjorex, take Superstar the Litwick.

Superstar is such a showoff. It loves to one-up other Pokemon and show off her epic moves. Therefore, Superstar is required to have the move with the highest Base Power on your team. It must always lead battles with that move (except if it is out of PP).

Since Superstar gets embarrassed if it screws up, it must sit out the next battle if it faints.

Superstar likes flashy, fancy moves, so it must not know any of those wretched Status moves.

Of all the moves, Superstar loves Flame Burst the most, probably because of its flashy, bright sparkles. Flame Burst must be known at all times and must be the only Fire-type move on this Pokemon (Because of this rule, Litwick must be caught at level 37).

In order to evolve, Superstar must prove its worth by soloing one gym leader of your choice. It may only evolve into Lampent after the gym.

You may evolve Lampent into Chandelure whenever you want, as long as it is the first Pokemon in your party to reach its final stage. Superstar loves to show off its flashy new chandelier tentacle thingys.

tl;dr
-Must have move with highest BP on team, must always lead with that move
-Must sit out a battle if it faints
-Must not know any status moves
-Must know Flame Burst at all times
-Flame Burst must be only Fire-type move on Superstar
-Must be caught at Lv. 37
-Must evolve into Lampent by soloing a gym leader
-Must be the first Pokemon on your team to reach its final stage

Let me know if it's too easy or too hard.

Cjorex, take Superstar the Litwick.

Superstar is such a showoff. It loves to one-up other Pokemon and show off her epic moves. Therefore, Superstar is required to have the move with the highest Base Power on your team. It must always lead battles with that move (except if it is out of PP).

Since Superstar gets embarrassed if it screws up, it must sit out the next battle if it faints.

Superstar likes flashy, fancy moves, so it must not know any of those wretched Status moves.

Of all the moves, Superstar loves Flame Burst the most, probably because of its flashy, bright sparkles. Flame Burst must be known at all times and must be the only Fire-type move on this Pokemon (Because of this rule, Litwick must be caught at level 37).

In order to evolve, Superstar must prove its worth by soloing one gym leader of your choice. It may only evolve into Lampent after the gym.

You may evolve Lampent into Chandelure whenever you want, as long as it is the first Pokemon in your party to reach its final stage. Superstar loves to show off its flashy new chandelier tentacle thingys.

tl;dr
-Must have move with highest BP on team, must always lead with that move
-Must sit out a battle if it faints
-Must not know any status moves
-Must know Flame Burst at all times
-Flame Burst must be only Fire-type move on Superstar
-Must be caught at Lv. 37
-Must evolve into Lampent by soloing a gym leader
-Must be the first Pokemon on your team to reach its final stage

Let me know if it's too easy or too hard.
I'm not sure about this. I think I have to reject, since I do not want my entire team prevented from evolving to their final stages and limited to moves below 80 base power until the last gym. Also I would rather not use Litwick, since using 2 fire types goes against my request of having good type variety.

I'm not sure about this. I think I have to reject, since I do not want my entire team prevented from evolving to their final stages and limited to moves below 80 base power until the last gym. Also I would rather not use Litwick, since using 2 fire types goes against my request of having good type variety.
You can get Dusk Stones from Super Training so you basically have a Chandelure immediately after Valerie. Not bad, I've dealt with worse (soloing Skyla with a Leavanny in Black, soloing Fantina with Clefable's Metronome in Diamond, and a particularly annoying exploding Drifloon).

Take Nobel the Drifloon. Pokebank it into your game at some level lower than 10, with the move Explosion and the ability Aftermath. Don't use it until you have at least one badge.

Nobel is named after Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite, among other things. Unfortunately, Nobel the Drifloon happens to be loaded with a bunch of nitroglycerin--pure nitroglycerin, not even in dynamite form. As a result, it is incredibly volatile. At the start of each turn, RNG a number between 1 and your current max health, inclusive. If the number you RNG is greater than or equal to your current health, click Explosion. Also, if you ever get hit with a Fire-type or Electric-type move, click Explosion ASAP (and don't switch out).

But Nobel has heard of this interesting discovery--people call it SCIENCE. He has no idea what it is but it seems cool, and since he's loaded with nitroglycerin, the "scientists" have asked him to conduct "experiments" regarding something they call "dynamite". Nobel has no idea what this thing is, but apparently they need some rock, so have it KO five Rock-type and five Ground-type Pokemon with Explosion to evolve.

So what does evolution bring for Nobel? Well for one, it's far less volatile now, and it can actually control when it explodes. You must still RNG a number between 1 and your current max health, inclusive, but if the number you RNG is greater than or equal to your current health, you now flip a coin--you click Explosion if the coin lands heads, otherwise you are free to do whatever you want. You still have to Explode on Fire-type and Electric-type moves though.

Solo a Gym Leader not named Korrina. Explosion restrictions still apply to this solo so you'd better bring plenty of Revives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)