Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi! This thread looks really interesting and I want to try it out!
I think I'll go with a White 2 file.
Make it reasonably hard, but not too hard.
I do have access to trading.
Thanks!
1. Confused the Psyduck.
-It must have the move Disable at all times (so I have to breed one with Disable).
-It can't learn any special Water moves or Psychic moves.
2. Wiper the Clamperl.
-It must solo the entire battle once it is sent out, whether it is wild or trained.
-Solo 50 trained Pokémon to evolve into Huntail...
-...but if Wiper faints during the battle, none of the Pokémon it previously defeated during that battle count.
-Must solo all Steel types and Trainers that send out a Steel type after evolvong.
3. Honor the Oshawott
-Can't learn special or status moves, but must know Focus Energy and Razor Shell
-Can't fight Fire/Rock/Ground Pokémon unless it is the last remaining Pokémon
-Solo Roxie to: Evolve into Dewott, forget Focus Energy, and learn other status moves (but none that affect the opponent).
-Try to solo Elesa's Gym, but if Honor faints before defeating 2 members, it must restore its pride by soloing Clay's Gym, and can't use any status moves until then. Honor can evolve after Elesa is defeated.
-If Clay's Gym is successfully soloed, Honor can fight Fire/Rock/Ground Pokémon and learn special moves. It can also change its name.

PSDuckie I have access to BW, Black 2, and Poke Transfer.
Verxilo I got something for you.
"The Burned Tower used to have a bell on it, too..."
Bella the Chingling. This is her backstory:
Bella left home because she found life in Sinnoh boring. She floated around until she found Johto and Ecruteak City.
Due to the aging of some craftsmen, the number of blacksmiths near Ecruteak began to dwindle. Thus, when the bell on the Whirl Tower fell to the ground one day and shattered, there was no one to fix it.
The people, distraught over the loss of such a powerful icon, immediately looked for a substitute to replace it. They looked around far and wide until they found a Bronzong that was willing to fulfill the role.
Both the people and the Bronzong knew, however, that Pokémon, like bells, are not truly ageless. What would they do after the Bronzong's time was up?
Meanwhile, the people and the Bronzong joined in with the worship of the heavenly Lugia. They taught the Bronzong their complex rites. And that was when Bella came.
The people, mystified by the ringing sound that emanated from her, decided that she would be the apprentice bell Pokémon. The Bronzong began teaching her about the rituals, and the mythical beasts- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.
One day, a group of people dressed in red suits came to Ecruteak City. They came with one mission: to burn everything.
As they advanced towards the Whirl Tower, they began sending out Pokémon- hordes upon hordes of Fire-type Pokémon. A blazing inferno began to engulf the tower. Bella and the Bronzong were trapped.
Suddenly, three creatures of incredible beauty and power charged towards the tower. Entei guarded the other buildings with a protective wall of fire that not even the Fire-type Pokémon could get through. Raikou cut through the ranks of people and Pokémon with its Electric moves, rendering them dazed. And Suicune shot massive jets of water at the Whirl Tower in an effort to save it.
Bella, having the ability Levitate, was able to escape the tower. Bronzong was not.
The invaders had no choice but to retreat. The legendary beasts, having done their job, went their separate ways. The Whirl Tower became known as the Burned Tower. But Bella wanted vengeance. She followed the attackers, knowing she was too weak to defeat them alone. She would become stronger.
Having a Trainer to support her gives Bella the strength to overcome this enemy.

-Must solo all Team Flare commanders.
-Her teachings told her to worship the two Great Ones (Ho-Oh and Lugia), three Mythical Beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune), and two Elemental Beings (Vaporeon and Jolteon). Solo one Team Flare Grunt for each of these (7 in total) to be able to evolve. After this, however, Bella cannot participate in any more battles with Team Flare Grunts at the risk of worshipping the False Prophet.
-Must solo all Trainers' Pokémon (except for Team Flare's, and the aforementioned Tyrantrum) that are Grass, Rock or Ground type. These are the weaknesses of the mythical beasts, and they must be eradicated.
-Can't deal direct damage to Electric, Fire, or Water types, the types of the mythical beasts. (Toxic, etc. is OK though)
-You can catch Chinglings on the route in front of the Reflection Cave iirc.
-If you find being forced to fight Pokémon like, say, Barbaracle without direct attacks too difficult, you can remove the direct attacks restriction against Pokémon that are also Grass/Rock/Ground type.
Hey! Take X the Y.

You must Wonder Trade the first Pokemon you catch on in a route of your choice (choose before encounter) to imitate a Wonderlocke. However, this Pokemon is jealous of the Pokemon you send, as it wants to be with its original trainer. Because of this, it may only use moves that the Pokemon you traded away (or its final form) also learns, from the moment on it can get any (in any way, you should go out of your way to get a TM or so).

Simple, but should be fun. Have fun!

Thanks everyone who's given me mons! I've got two so far, and Verxilo has a spot reserved, so that still leaves three Pokemon needed for my run!

Ugh.

I hate it when this happens.

I did chapter 2 of my Omega Ruby scramble 2 months ago, and forgot to write about it.

I forget everything. Pretty sure i wiped the floor with Brawly tho

Ugh. Ill update this soon with the list of pokemon, but no opinions this time cuz everything is gone from my brain.

I need to focus more.

Bumping for a reminder that this thread exists. I need 2 more for my Y scramble.

Bobadilla your scramble that I reserved is coming soon, I promise. XD
I guess I'll give you another then.

Take Energy? the Trubbish.

• This Trubbish is confused about his typing; he thinks he is Electric-type, not Poison-type. All calculations involving Energy?'s type must treat him as a pure Electric-type.
  • In order to release his Electric-typing, he has to face Fire-types. Solo all Fire-types not already soloed by other mons.
  • Speaking of Fire-types, you may never heal burns on Energy?. Any other status condition is OK to heal, but if Energy? is burned, you may not heal it. To evolve to Garbodor, Energy? must faint while afflicted by a burn.
  • Finally, solo Malva.

I guess I'll give you another then.

• This Trubbish is confused about his typing; he thinks he is Electric-type, not Poison-type. All calculations involving Energy?'s type must treat him as a pure Electric-type.
  • In order to release his Electric-typing, he has to face Fire-types. Solo all Fire-types not already soloed by other mons.
  • Speaking of Fire-types, you may never heal burns on Energy?. Any other status condition is OK to heal, but if Energy? is burned, you may not heal it. To evolve to Garbodor, Energy? must faint while afflicted by a burn.
  • Finally, solo Malva.
Thanks, PSDuckie! I'll accept it into the team and add it to my list.

Now if only I could get away from my work ethic issues and come up with a pokemon for Bobadilla... XD

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bumping for a reminder that this thread exists. I need 2 more for my Y scramble.

Bobadilla your scramble that I reserved is coming soon, I promise. XD
I'll give you a final one!

Catch Lock-Down the Dunsparce.

The challenge will be fairly simple. As soon as Dunsparce uses any move, it may only use that move until it encounters and beats a Pokemon of the same type as the move. During this time, no other Pokemon may battle and no items may be used, neither may Pokemon be caught or may you run or switch at all. Basically, all you're allowed to do during the battle is using that move. You may use items before choosing a new move when you've unlocked yourself.

If Dunsparce faints and fails to complete this, you must solo the next (available for solo) gym with Dunsparce. This stacks, so each time you faint, you must solo a gym.

If Dunsparce is ever the lowest level, it must be used until it is the highest level Pokemon on your team. If it faints while doing this, return to the Pokemon center immediately to continue (you must still solo a gym for fainting as well.)

Good luck!

I'll give you a final one!

The challenge will be fairly simple. As soon as Dunsparce uses any move, it may only use that move until it encounters and beats a Pokemon of the same type as the move. During this time, no other Pokemon may battle and no items may be used, neither may Pokemon be caught or may you run or switch at all. Basically, all you're allowed to do during the battle is using that move. You may use items before choosing a new move when you've unlocked yourself.

If Dunsparce faints and fails to complete this, you must solo the next (available for solo) gym with Dunsparce. This stacks, so each time you faint, you must solo a gym.

If Dunsparce is ever the lowest level, it must be used until it is the highest level Pokemon on your team. If it faints while doing this, return to the Pokemon center immediately to continue (you must still solo a gym for fainting as well.)

Good luck!
I'll take that, but there's just one thing: I don't like the soloing Gyms bit. That's a little bit far. Other than that, I love it! Tell me if you don't like the adjustment.

With the adjustment though, I'll accept it.

Snaquaza

KACAW
I'll take that, but there's just one thing: I don't like the soloing Gyms bit. That's a little bit far. Other than that, I love it! Tell me if you don't like the adjustment.

With the adjustment though, I'll accept it.
Sure, maybe solo'ing the gym trainers is better? You wouldn't have to fight all gym trainers, you can go to the Pokemon center in between, so that'd seem a bit better. Otherwise make it the next trainer you find, but that may be a bit easy.

Sure, maybe solo'ing the gym trainers is better? You wouldn't have to fight all gym trainers, you can go to the Pokemon center in between, so that'd seem a bit better. Otherwise make it the next trainer you find, but that may be a bit easy.
I could do soloing the gym trainers. I'll accept it.

With that, my scramble is ready to go! The only problem is that already it might be on hiatus since I'm finally getting Fire Emblem: Fates today. :/

As soon as possible, though, I'll get started. I'll post the full list again soon.

Complete List of Pokemon:

Fennekin

PSDuckie:
Take Firefox the Fennekin.

Firefox wants to be the very best, and that means being better than Internet Explorer or Chrome. Solo all Bug-types and all Steel-types.

Solo Viola to evolve into Braixen. After all, she uses Internet Explorer!

Solo all three Lysandre fights. Lysandre has been messing with the source!

Finally, solo Yveltal to evolve into Delphox. Do I even need to give a reason to get rid of Yveltal?
Ferrothorn

Regiultima115

Ferrothorn:

To evolve into Ferrothorn, solo Korrina without the use of status moves that affect the opposing Pokemon (ex. Protect is ok but Leech Seed is not)

In order to use held items, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn must solo your rival's Greninja (or evo) without grass type attacks (both damaging and status)

If these seem too hard, let me know and I'll change them
Jimera0

Amaura

Verxilo Take an Amaura and name it Freezer. Freezer is enamored with it's ability, Refrigerate. It's so enamored with it that it refuses to use any actual Ice-Type attacks; the only Ice-type attacks it's using are Normal-type moves that are made into Ice-type moves by its ability! It is also jealous of its more successful counterpart, Tyrunt. Freezer seeks to prove that it is better than Tyrunt and it's lame "Strong Jaw" ability, so it must solo Grant's Tyrunt. This jealousy does not end when it evolves; instead it simply shifts to Tyrantrum. As you have probably guessed, this means it must also solo Diantha's Tyrantrum.
Chingling

Chingling:

Verxilo I got something for you.
"The Burned Tower used to have a bell on it, too..."
Bella the Chingling. This is her backstory:
Bella left home because she found life in Sinnoh boring. She floated around until she found Johto and Ecruteak City.
Due to the aging of some craftsmen, the number of blacksmiths near Ecruteak began to dwindle. Thus, when the bell on the Whirl Tower fell to the ground one day and shattered, there was no one to fix it.
The people, distraught over the loss of such a powerful icon, immediately looked for a substitute to replace it. They looked around far and wide until they found a Bronzong that was willing to fulfill the role.
Both the people and the Bronzong knew, however, that Pokémon, like bells, are not truly ageless. What would they do after the Bronzong's time was up?
Meanwhile, the people and the Bronzong joined in with the worship of the heavenly Lugia. They taught the Bronzong their complex rites. And that was when Bella came.
The people, mystified by the ringing sound that emanated from her, decided that she would be the apprentice bell Pokémon. The Bronzong began teaching her about the rituals, and the mythical beasts- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.
One day, a group of people dressed in red suits came to Ecruteak City. They came with one mission: to burn everything.
As they advanced towards the Whirl Tower, they began sending out Pokémon- hordes upon hordes of Fire-type Pokémon. A blazing inferno began to engulf the tower. Bella and the Bronzong were trapped.
Suddenly, three creatures of incredible beauty and power charged towards the tower. Entei guarded the other buildings with a protective wall of fire that not even the Fire-type Pokémon could get through. Raikou cut through the ranks of people and Pokémon with its Electric moves, rendering them dazed. And Suicune shot massive jets of water at the Whirl Tower in an effort to save it.
Bella, having the ability Levitate, was able to escape the tower. Bronzong was not.
The invaders had no choice but to retreat. The legendary beasts, having done their job, went their separate ways. The Whirl Tower became known as the Burned Tower. But Bella wanted vengeance. She followed the attackers, knowing she was too weak to defeat them alone. She would become stronger.
Having a Trainer to support her gives Bella the strength to overcome this enemy.

-Must solo all Team Flare commanders.
-Her teachings told her to worship the two Great Ones (Ho-Oh and Lugia), three Mythical Beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune), and two Elemental Beings (Vaporeon and Jolteon). Solo one Team Flare Grunt for each of these (7 in total) to be able to evolve. After this, however, Bella cannot participate in any more battles with Team Flare Grunts at the risk of worshipping the False Prophet.
-Must solo all Trainers' Pokémon (except for Team Flare's, and the aforementioned Tyrantrum) that are Grass, Rock or Ground type. These are the weaknesses of the mythical beasts, and they must be eradicated.
-Can't deal direct damage to Electric, Fire, or Water types, the types of the mythical beasts. (Toxic, etc. is OK though)
-You can catch Chinglings on the route in front of the Reflection Cave iirc.
-If you find being forced to fight Pokémon like, say, Barbaracle without direct attacks too difficult, you can remove the direct attacks restriction against Pokémon that are also Grass/Rock/Ground type.
Trubbish

PSDuckie (Again...)

• Finally, solo Malva.
Dunsparce

Snaquaza

If Dunsparce faints and fails to complete this, you must solo the next available gym trainer with Dunsparce. This stacks, so each time you faint, you must solo a gym trainer. (If available. If not available, just a normal trainer)

I've been a long-time player of old gens, but I have only just got my hands on a 3DS and thought it would be interesting, seeing as I've played gen 3 so much, to do a challange run for my first ever Alpha Sapphire playthrough.

I can't trade often, but for the likes of Gengar/Alakazam/Steelix etc. I can make it work.

No other restrictions. You can give me throwbacks to how the original Sapphire was (which I know very well), what's new in the remake (which I know absolutely nothing about), or anything else you think I might find interesting or challenging.

I played Diamond, but didn't play the Gen 2 remakes or anything in gen 5 or 6. I will be playing Y alongside Alpha Sapphire, but Y will not be a challenge run.

I have played current gen on Showdown! so I know how the fairy types and mega evolutions work.

Last edited:
Zuphix take Different the Abra.

This Abra is, well, different.

As an Abra, Different is extremely shy and does not want to battle. Only Norman knows how to break Different out of his shell:
  • May not be used in battle unless said battle is Norman. Using the EXP Share to get experience for Different is perfectly OK, but do not send him out in battle.
  • See all three of Norman's Pokemon in battle to evolve into Kadabra. You don't have to use any moves; Different just has to see all three mons.
As a Kadabra, Different wants to build his power in any way possible.
  • May only use STAB moves.
  • In your first try at the Tate & Liza fight, box all your mons except Different. If you win, Different may evolve into Alakazam. If you lose, Different must stay a Kadabra for the rest of the run.
After defeating Tate & Liza (whether Different evolved or not), Different gets a little paranoid.
  • May use any moves.
  • Solo all Dark-types. This includes all of Sidney's team.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it!

Status moves are fine, as long as they're Psychic type or you've already defeated Tate & Liza (and thus lifted the move restrictions).

Yay, I exist again! Anyone care to help me with a Y scramble? Pretty much anything you can think of I'll take.

I'll start going back in the thread to see if I can help give anyone else some too. I think it's been three years since I last posted something here o.o

Solner you must take the Jaw Fossil in Glittering Cave and get the scientists to revive Terry the Tyrunt.

Terry is sad that he has a big head and little arms, he wants to be able to clap his hands and eat berries. Terry cannot use Biting attacks. He may also not use held items. As he is biding his time to prove his worth, he must also keep Bide until he feels he has reached his potential.

Terry must solo Grant's Tyrunt, using Bide at least once in the fight. If sucessful he may evolve.
If Terry also solos Grant's Amaura using Bide at least once against it, he may forget Bide for another move upon evolving.

Despite knowing he is not the weakest of Tyrunts, Terry still wishes to prove himself. He must solo Trisha's Tyrantrum (Route 21), in doing so he realizes that maybe it's not a bad thing to have little arms after all, he may now use any attack. Terry may also forget Bide and evolve if he did not do so earlier.

For his final test, Terry must also face off head-to-head against Diantha's Tyrantrum. After achieving victory and watching the confetti fall, he leans that he can just throw a berry in the air to eat it, and now is able to use all held items.

This is my first scramblemon, so please let me know what you think.

I can trade. I also don't care for the difficulty. Make it as easy or hard as you'd like.
All right.

Take Faetouched the Phantump.
  • Ghost and Grass moves only.
  • If a Fairy-type on your team enters a battle, Faetouched may not participate in the rest of that battle.
  • Solo all Fairy-types not being soloed by other mons.
  • Solo Valerie's entire Gym (all four Gym trainers plus Valerie herself) to evolve into Trevenant.
  • Finally, solo Yveltal and Drasna. Because reasons.
I made this one a bit easier than I normally do, so if you want it harder, let me know and I'll change it. Of course, if it's too hard, I can change that too.

This seems like a cool thread, I'd love a really hard scramble of Omega Ruby! I can trade with a Y version, but I'd prefer not to.
I have a pokemon for you I think will work!

Here's Smithy the Castform.
Smithy is a devoted craftsman and spares no effort to forge any and all that stand against them. Forging for this humble smith goes in the basic steps - Heating the material, hammering it down, and cooling it.
Now being as devoted as Smithy is has a downside. If ever it happens that Smithy must rely on an ally to finish the job a fee must be paid to whoever finishes the job. Smithy is quite stubborn about paying debts, and will not resume work unless this debt has been paid. This Castform has one true goal in life - to forge the ultimate weapon. To do so it needs good materials to be forged properly. The final piece of the puzzle after all the others have been gathered is for this humble blacksmith to obtain the Salamessence from Drake's Salamence. Only then can the true ultimate weapon be forged.

So in game terms it is
  • Get the castform from the Weather Institute and name it Smithy
  • It needs to have a Fire damaging attack, a water damaging attack, and a physical impact move
  • Tackle, Headbutt, Return, and Frustration are the impact moves
  • These three moves have to be used in sequence (fire, impact, water) in any battle castform participates in
  • After the three moves have been used on castforms first three turns in battle you may use moves in any order
  • If castform is ever KO'ed, you need to 'pay' for the job to be completed by another, 200x the level of the pokemon that knocks out castform. So just buy stuff equivalent to that value and toss it.
  • Castform must solo one of each type of pokemon except dragon, and they must all be owned by trainers, dual type pokemon only count as one
  • To finish this challenge Salamence in the Elite Four must be soloed
So let me know what you think, and if any changes are desired. I feel the real difficulty of this one will be shown because of that Makuhita you have. Seriously, that thing is evil.

Alright HelenTheHero, I think I finally got yours done! Should have been done yesterday, but I had an emergency at work. But whatever, lets go.

Let me introduce to you Choices the Espurr. Espurr's challenge will be decided by the choices you make concerning a few key points.
First up is the pokeball you catch it in.
  • In a pokeball or greatball Espurr feels the need to be different because of the plain-ness of it's home, and as such will not use any STAB attacks.
  • In a Premiere ball or Luxury ball Espurr feels the need to take it easy and is not too keen on fighting, so must have 3 status moves.
Next is the Gender.
  • Male - May only learn odd-numbered TMs
  • Female - May only learn even-numbered TMs
Ability is also a choice!
  • Keen Eye - the only held items Choices is allowed to have are berries. Choices has a keen eye and is very picky about what it holds on to. The look of berries pleases Choices however.
  • Infiltrator - the only way for Espurr to have a held item is through the use of covet on an enemy pokemon. Choices must be a sneaky thief! To Honor the code, Choices will only accept items it has obtained itself!
The choice of the Kanto starter you make also influences Choices!
  • Bulbasaur - Choices must learn flash asap and must start it's first turn in battle with it. Choices was dazzled when it first set eyes on that glorious bulb, and now feels it must share that feeling with the world
  • Squirtle - Choices can not use berries or held items that restore HP. That thick shell filled Choices with vigor, and now must prove that it is as tough. Healing itself goes against that.
  • Charmander - Only one healing item may be used on Choices per battle. That small flame filled Choices with Courage! It understands healing is sometimes necessary, but never will it be a crutch!
And the Final Choice is between the Jaw and Sail fossil. Choices heard of the rocks of destiny, and had to seek them out. What truths do they hold...
  • Jaw - The legend inscribed on the jaw fossil tells of a monster with a might grip that would rip foes asunder. Choices wishes to to battle with this foe, but the location is not listed. It does however say that one who dances with the fairy's may know the location. Solo Valerie to learn of the beast - Wikstrom's Scizor! Finish Choices quest by taking out the monster!
  • Sail - The legend inscribed on the sail fossil tells of a mighty serpent that summons storms of rage and destruction! It must be stopped! The psychic Olympia may be able to help locate the monster. After soloing Olympia the location of the serpent is revealed as Siebold's fearsome Gyarados! Fell the beast to complete Choices quest!
And that's it I believe. I couldn't think of anything for the odd and even thing for a little story bit. I might add something later if I can though. Hopefully I thought is out completely, but it all should be there, I'm pretty sure I left no loopholes. If you have any questions about anything just let me know.

Edit: Also, there is no restriction on evolving.

I also happened to find my old scramble that I didn't get very far in due to my game breaking, all the way back on page 309. So I'm gonna try to continue that thing.

Last edited:
I asked a couple IRL friends if they had any ideas, and while they're not that interesting I have 3 mons now:

- Different the Abra
- Spoopy the Poochyena
- Ginger the Shedinja

I should be able to get the Shedinja before the Abra so if you're going to consider if anything conflicts, you don't need to worry about it. As for defeating certain trainers, they are "flexible" apparently - I'll be told more about what Spoopy and Ginger need to do as I get further into the run.

Did anyone else need some more mons that I didn't see?

Snaquaza

KACAW
I've been a long-time player of old gens, but I have only just got my hands on a 3DS and thought it would be interesting, seeing as I've played gen 3 so much, to do a challange run for my first ever Alpha Sapphire playthrough.

I can't trade often, but for the likes of Gengar/Alakazam/Steelix etc. I can make it work.

No other restrictions. You can give me throwbacks to how the original Sapphire was (which I know very well), what's new in the remake (which I know absolutely nothing about), or anything else you think I might find interesting or challenging.

I played Diamond, but didn't play the Gen 2 remakes or anything in gen 5 or 6. I will be playing Y alongside Alpha Sapphire, but Y will not be a challenge run.

I have played current gen on Showdown! so I know how the fairy types and mega evolutions work.
Take Spring the Treecko. Spring wants to avoid being hit as much as possible. As such it may never be in the first position, as it doesn't dare to start the battle and is only allowed to switch in after the opponent used a Status move.

Spring must learn U-turn when you get it in Mauville city. It may evolve to Grovyle at this point. Spring must always use U-turn after it's been damaged. Another Pokemon on your team MUST learn a momentum move (Volt Switch, U-turn, Parting Shot and Baton Pass (Right now Shedinja learns Baton Pass by evolving at level 35). This Pokemon must immediately use this momentum move and switch back to Grovyle. If this isn't possible, Grovyle may not be used until you visit a Pokemon center. (If possible you must do it, this is only if for example, Shedinja is fainted). It may be used in the first position once it's a Grovyle.

To evolve into Sceptile, you must successfully avoid 20 super effective moves from Trainer Pokemon by using Detect or Protect (or Quick Guard if you want to try that lmao.)

As a Sceptile, it tries to work more as a team, and as such it must always switch in when the opponent used a status move or a not-very-effective move. You may freely mega evolve.

You may choose not to evolve to not gain Grovyle's or Sceptile's additional restrictions. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)