Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

topher, take Plausible the Farfetch'd. Plausible believes he is a totally normal duck. He doesn't carry anything (pretend he doesn't have a leek) and only does things ordinary ducks do. So his restrictions are:
-No hold items
-Can only know physical moves that use his body (beak, claws, wings, etc.)
Accepted, thanks! Now I just need one more (hopefully water type) pokemon!

Hi everyone! I'm an old member of the forums. I haven't been on in a few years, but I remembered about this challenge and wanted to do one again! So I'm requesting a challenge for HeartGold!
Requirements:
Medium-Hard
Can trade, but only to evolve
No HM slaves
Preferences:
Backstories are much appreciated (:
Nothing too tedious (beat 20+ pokemon of a specific species/type, etc.)
I would love a starter, but not required as long as I get something in the first route or two
I love using unusual pokemon, perhaps because they are hard to find or are just generally unpopular

So get creating, people! I can't wait to get all my pokemon and start playing!

P.S. If there is anyone that I've missed who still needs a pokemon, please let me know! I would be happy to come up with something for you :D

The Team:
Anyway, take Copter the Hoppip.

Copter is mad. Why? Because no-one thinks that he is actually a Flying type!

To make Copter happy, you may not learn any Grass type moves. Any you have when caught must be immediately replaced.

You can evolve into Skiploom freely, but it must find and hold a Sharp Beak to evolve into Jumpluff.

Too easy? Solo Pryce's Piloswine. Too hard? Drop the Sharp Beak. I tried to make this one a little more simplistic with this one.

Take Dunsparce the TM Slave,

you said you didn't want HM Slaves, which this Dunsparce really didn't like. He became rebellious! Dunsparce decided that he only wanted to use TMs from now on. This means that if Dunsparce can learn a new TM you found, it must learn it and it may not use any moves it didn't learn from a TM. It may not learn any HM or Tutor moves. You can get both Roost and Rock Tomb before Bugsy. You're not required to look for Rock Tomb, but it may be helpful.

Excluding Falkner, Dunsparce must solo every Gym Leader who gives out a TM that it can learn, as it wants to assure that it will get it! These are Whitney, Morty, Jasmine, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Janine. Those are a lot of battles, but it should be doable. If you get any other challenge that requires solo-ing any of these battles, you must delete the TM immediately. Also, Dunsparce may not ever participate in the same battle as the Pokemon that soloed the gym: it is now mad at it. If you're forced to send it out, it must faint.

Good luck; have fun. Dunsparce is found before the first gym, in the cave area.

This Cyndaquil wants to be the very best, like no one ever was...

• If Quilly enters a fight, he must solo the remainder of the fight!
  • Solo Chuck to evolve into Quilava.
  • No evolving into Typhlosion. Ever.
  • Solo Blaine, because Quilly wants to be the best Fire-type!

Take Alice the Nidoran-F.
Alice formerly belonged to another trainer, but he replaced her with a Nidoran-M that he thought was stronger and released her. She wishes to prove her strength by soloing Morty to evolve into Nidorina. After reaching Level 25 and evolving, Alice may not gain any experience at all until she finds Poké Maniac Ron on Route 43 -- the trainer who abandoned her! Solo his Nidoking to evolve into Nidoqueen; after this, she may gain experience again.

topher, take Plausible the Farfetch'd. Plausible believes he is a totally normal duck. He doesn't carry anything (pretend he doesn't have a leek) and only does things ordinary ducks do. So his restrictions are:
-No hold items
-Can only know physical moves that use his body (beak, claws, wings, etc.)
Hate to double post, but can anyone give me my last pokemon? I just need one more to start and I'm excited to begin!

I'm the creative sort, so have an interesting one topher4167 !
Take Doomsday the Abra!
Doomsday is your traditional conspiracy theorist, which is why he only knows how to teleport at first, so that way those pesky Clefairy(which are definitely aliens sent to brainwash everyone into serving them as slaves) can't abduct him for the information he knows, especially the "government secrets" he carries, as well as the exact date of the apocalypse.
Doomsday is the first Abra you are able to catch. Evolve him as soon as possible then learn and keep Miracle Eye. This move functions as Doomsday's "brain scanner" enabling him to find out who's brainwashed and who isn't. Lead off with a Miracle eye every time Doomsday enters battle. Unfortunately this "brain scanner" doesn't work properly at all, giving false positives on everything he uses it on. You must KO any pokemon you use miracle eye on, in order to "purify" them. Clefairy don't get to be scanned at all, seeing as how they're the aliens out to take over the world. Solo any trainer carrying something from the Clefairy line(this includes Whitney, which also saves you from having to put Attract on Dunsparse). Once Doomsday learns Future Sight, he decides that the Apocalypse from Clefairy might still happen regardless of his efforts to save everyone from brainwashing. Doomsday must keep Future Sight in the place of Miracle Eye, so he can make sure the Apocalypse is still going to happen. Use Future sight every time Doomsday participates in battle. Of course, Clefairy might still abduct him, so Doomsday must still solo any trainer carrying a Clefairy/Clefable. Doomsday may evolve at this point if you so wish. Once you've reached the Elite Four, solo at least one of them as they're all in on the PLOT and are responsible for the Apocalypse(obviously).
Once you've beaten your way around the Kanto gyms, it's time to face down the mastermind of the plan to destroy the world: Red. Solo at least 2 of of Red's Pokemon.

Doing a HeartGold scramble!
Intermediate-hard level.
You pick my starter.
No trades except to evolve.
A Pokemon capable of learning Fly would be ideal, but make it interesting :) (e.g. not pidgey/spearow) Cheers Snaquaza ;)
The scramble will be completed at the first defeat of the elite four.

Welcome to Smogon!

Take Gift Card the Delibird. Gift Card wants to buy presents for everyone on your team! You may freely distribute these presents across the other members of your team, but each must have one.

1: You got some Ice Cream! This Pokemon must learn an Ice-type move. (Must be given to a Pokemon that can learn one, if possible)
2: You got a Pokemon game! Sadly he doesn't understand too well, so during Gym battles / Elite Four battles, he may not use Super-Effective moves.
3: You got a... recipe book? At least you know how to cook now! Must always hold a food item (like a berry).
4: You got a sketch made by Delibird. This Pokemon may replace one move with whatever move you want, even if it was restricted (like Sketch!).
5: You got a toy sword! This Pokemon must always lead during Gym Battles / Elite Four Battles that aren't soloed, but once hit switch out.

It also wants to gift you whenever possible, so whenever you beat a Gym, Fly back to Goldenrod, where you must buy a Pokedoll at the department store. Your mother may also not control your money, as it wants to be the only one who can gift you.

Good luck, have fun. Delibird doesn't have any restrictions itself... since it'll probably be mediocre already. If it's too hard, tell me, and I'll edit some of the gifts. It's a good idea to give Gift Card some TMs :).
Original Post
ConstantineNguyen take Not Cute the Poliwag! This Poliwag is so sick of everyone telling him how cute he is. He wants to prove that he is a strong pokemon too! He does this by refusing to use any status or special moves, only physical ones to show off his brute strength. In order to evolve into Poliwhirl, he must solo Whitney. Once he evolves, he realizes some status moves can be powerful. He wants to learn Belly Drum as soon as possible. He must use it at the beginning of every fight he is in. To evolve, he must solo Chuck's Poliwrath. This battle has two possible outcomes, and you can choose which one you like.

Outcome 1:
Not Cute defeats Chuck's Poliwrath, proving that his method of using only physical attacks is effective. Evolve him into Poliwrath ASAP. Continue through the game with all the same rules, and solo Bruno.

Outcome 2:
Not Cute defeats Chuck's Poliwrath and realizes that brute strength didn't work for Chuck, so it must not be everything. Evolve him into Politoed. He now wants to be more balanced. Make sure he has one physical, one special, and one status move at all times. Solo Will.
GL;HF!
Original Post

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Doing a HeartGold scramble!
Intermediate-hard level.
You pick my starter.
No trades except to evolve.
A Pokemon capable of learning Fly would be ideal, but make it interesting :) (e.g. not pidgey/spearow)
The scramble will be completed at the first defeat of the elite four.
Welcome to Smogon!

Take Gift Card the Delibird. Gift Card wants to buy presents for everyone on your team! You may freely distribute these presents across the other members of your team, but each must have one.

1: You got some Ice Cream! This Pokemon must learn an Ice-type move. (Must be given to a Pokemon that can learn one, if possible)
2: You got a Pokemon game! Sadly he doesn't understand too well, so during Gym battles / Elite Four battles, he may not use Super-Effective moves.
3: You got a... recipe book? At least you know how to cook now! Must always hold a food item (like a berry).
4: You got a sketch made by Delibird. This Pokemon may replace one move with whatever move you want, even if it was restricted (like Sketch!).
5: You got a toy sword! This Pokemon must always lead during Gym Battles / Elite Four Battles that aren't soloed, but once hit switch out.

It also wants to gift you whenever possible, so whenever you beat a Gym, Fly back to Goldenrod, where you must buy a Pokedoll at the department store. Your mother may also not control your money, as it wants to be the only one who can gift you.

Good luck, have fun. Delibird doesn't have any restrictions itself... since it'll probably be mediocre already. If it's too hard, tell me, and I'll edit some of the gifts. It's a good idea to give Gift Card some TMs :).

I'm the creative sort, so have an interesting one topher4167 !
Take Doomsday the Abra!
Doomsday is your traditional conspiracy theorist, which is why he only knows how to teleport at first, so that way those pesky Clefairy(which are definitely aliens sent to brainwash everyone into serving them as slaves) can't abduct him for the information he knows, especially the "government secrets" he carries, as well as the exact date of the apocalypse.
Doomsday is the first Abra you are able to catch. Evolve him as soon as possible then learn and keep Miracle Eye. This move functions as Doomsday's "brain scanner" enabling him to find out who's brainwashed and who isn't. Lead off with a Miracle eye every time Doomsday enters battle. Unfortunately this "brain scanner" doesn't work properly at all, giving false positives on everything he uses it on. You must KO any pokemon you use miracle eye on, in order to "purify" them. Clefairy don't get to be scanned at all, seeing as how they're the aliens out to take over the world. Solo any trainer carrying something from the Clefairy line(this includes Whitney, which also saves you from having to put Attract on Dunsparse). Once Doomsday learns Future Sight, he decides that the Apocalypse from Clefairy might still happen regardless of his efforts to save everyone from brainwashing. Doomsday must keep Future Sight in the place of Miracle Eye, so he can make sure the Apocalypse is still going to happen. Use Future sight every time Doomsday participates in battle. Of course, Clefairy might still abduct him, so Doomsday must still solo any trainer carrying a Clefairy/Clefable. Doomsday may evolve at this point if you so wish. Once you've reached the Elite Four, solo at least one of them as they're all in on the PLOT and are responsible for the Apocalypse(obviously).
Once you've beaten your way around the Kanto gyms, it's time to face down the mastermind of the plan to destroy the world: Red. Solo at least 2 of of Red's Pokemon.
Accepted! Can't wait to get started!

ConstantineNguyen take Not Cute the Poliwag! This Poliwag is so sick of everyone telling him how cute he is. He wants to prove that he is a strong pokemon too! He does this by refusing to use any status or special moves, only physical ones to show off his brute strength. In order to evolve into Poliwhirl, he must solo Whitney. Once he evolves, he realizes some status moves can be powerful. He wants to learn Belly Drum as soon as possible. He must use it at the beginning of every fight he is in. To evolve, he must solo Chuck's Poliwrath. This battle has two possible outcomes, and you can choose which one you like.

Not Cute defeats Chuck's Poliwrath, proving that his method of using only physical attacks is effective. Evolve him into Poliwrath ASAP. Continue through the game with all the same rules, and solo Bruno.

Not Cute defeats Chuck's Poliwrath and realizes that brute strength didn't work for Chuck, so it must not be everything. Evolve him into Politoed. He now wants to be more balanced. Make sure he has one physical, one special, and one status move at all times. Solo Will.

GL;HF!

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon!

Both accepted, awesome ideas :)

Doing HG scramble, don't make it too hard/ too much grinding as I'm new to scrambles but I still want a challenge. I want one of the starters and will only trade to evolve.

Take Avenger the Growlithe! Avenger had his mother taken away from him by Team Rocket and he wants to avenge her! He believes he has to be strong, so once he begins battling a pokemon, he can't switch out. He must solo that pokemon (but you can switch him out in between pokemon). He must solo at least 5 Team Rocket members before he can evolve. He must participate in every Team Rocket Executive battle.
Get FEMINIST the Mantine. FEMINIST is very upset at the fact that its species is called Mantine. How sexist. It must make sure to show that it should actually be named WOMANTINE (in full caps yes). As a very stereotypical woman, it only wants to use Cute and Beautiful moves. You may have other moves, (like HMs), but not use them in battle. Before the battle against Red, you must solo at least 2 male Gym Leaders or Elite Four members, or if you only go to the first Elite Four victory, against 1 male Gym Leader or Elite Four member. Finally, FEMINIST may not battle in any battle your male Pokemon fought in and vice versa. FEMINIST is a strong independent woman, who needs no man in her life.
To Trixeealegend78 I present Dull the Totodile. Dull is generally incapable of using STAB (i.e., offensive Water-type moves) in battle, although it may do so under one or more of the following conditions:
  • Its HP bar turns yellow
  • At least one of its stats has been reduced by at least one stage
  • At least one of its allies has been KO'd in the current battle
Solo (or assist in catching with a Poké Ball) the Sudowoodo on Route 36 to evolve into Croconaw, and solo Jasmine (or at least her Steelix) to evolve into Feraligatr.

Last edited:
Doing HG scramble, don't make it too hard/ too much grinding as I'm new to scrambles but I still want a challenge. I want one of the starters and will only trade to evolve.
Take Avenger the Growlithe! Avenger had his mother taken away from him by Team Rocket and he wants to avenge her! He believes he has to be strong, so once he begins battling a pokemon, he can't switch out. He must solo that pokemon (but you can switch him out in between pokemon). He must solo at least 5 Team Rocket members before he can evolve. He must participate in every Team Rocket Executive battle.

Good luck, have fun! If it's too easy, have him solo a Team Rocket Executive of your choice or even Giovanni! If it's too hard, remove the restriction that he must solo any pokemon he is sent out against.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Get FEMINIST the Mantine. FEMINIST is very upset at the fact that its species is called Mantine. How sexist. It must make sure to show that it should actually be named WOMANTINE (in full caps yes). As a very stereotypical woman, it only wants to use Cute and Beautiful moves. You may have other moves, (like HMs), but not use them in battle. Before the battle against Red, you must solo at least 2 male Gym Leaders or Elite Four members, or if you only go to the first Elite Four victory, against 1 male Gym Leader or Elite Four member. Finally, FEMINIST may not battle in any battle your male Pokemon fought in and vice versa. FEMINIST is a strong independent woman, who needs no man in her life.

Link for ease: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mantine_(Pokémon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_leveling_up
There you can check for the moves you can use. Oh yeah, make sure it is female.

Okay, time to give out some starters.

To ConstantineNguyen I present Routine the Cyndaquil. As a fan of routine, it fights as if it's under the effects of a Choice item—i.e., once it uses a move, it cannot use any other move until it's switched out. Part of routine is being normal, so Routine must keep at least one Fire-type move and at least one Normal-type move, whenever applicable. Routine is also a fan of constantly running into your rival, so it must take out at least half of your rival's team (including his starter if that's not too difficult) at every encounter. Moreover, Routine cannot evolve into Typhlosion unless it has learned the ultimate routine move: Rollout. In fact, Routine must keep this move and use it when it first switches into any given non-Gym Trainer battle.

Oh, and give it a Metronome if you care to farm 1k coins at the Game Corner. This is the only item that Routine is permitted to hold.

To Trixeealegend78 I present Dull the Totodile. Dull is generally incapable of using STAB (i.e., offensive Water-type moves) in battle, although it may do so under one or more of the following conditions:
  • Its HP bar turns yellow
  • At least one of its stats has been reduced by at least one stage
  • At least one of its allies has been KO'd in the current battle
Solo (or assist in catching with a Poké Ball) the Sudowoodo on Route 36 to evolve into Croconaw, and solo Jasmine (or at least her Steelix) to evolve into Feraligatr.

As usual, PM me with any questions/concerns. Otherwise, GL;HF.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, here we go...
Trixeealegend78 , you get Ambush the Spinarak. This Pokémon, as its name suggests, loves to drop onto unsuspecting people and opposing Pokémon! It starts by pouncing on top of you. Catch Ambush by using Headbutt on a tree.
After you catch it, Ambush wants to sneak up on other trainers! It tells you how to be sneaky, and asks you to help it out. This is how to ambush a Trainer:
  1. Talk directly to the Trainer. They cannot see you before this, meaning that you have to avoid the usual "!" that they say when they see you. The Trainer must also look around or otherwise be able to say "!".
  2. Lead with Ambush. It has to be outside of its Poké Ball to help it be sneaky.
  3. Land a super effective move on the opponent's lead Pokémon on the first turn. This will become easier as Ambush levels up and gains coverage moves like Shadow Sneak. If you can't hit the opponent super effectively (or the Trainer saw you first), you must switch out immediately.
  4. The ambush is finished after you land a super effective move. You may do whatever you want for the rest of the match.
After you successfully ambush 3 Trainers, you may evolve Ambush into Ariados; also, solo Morty to study his Ghost Pokémon's shadow techniques. There are no further restrictions, moves, or solos required until you beat Lance.
Once you do this, Ambush rethinks its approach to battles. What if it finds itself in a fight against a target it can't win against? It decides to hone its skills so it can fight even at a disadvantage. After looking for Trainers, it finally finds some... at the Battle Frontier! Win at least 20 consecutive battles in the Battle Hall with Ambush. Choose types that aren't hit super effectively by any of Ambush's moves (although if the Pokémon you end up facing can be hit super effectively, feel free to do so). After this, Ambush feels that it has the perfect way to beat any opponent: by dropping on top of them! Get BP through any method (this guide might be useful: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/swap-drop-and-roll-a-satisfactory-pokemon-guide.3451171/) and teach Ambush Bounce for 32 BP. Solo at least one of Red's Pokémon besides Venusaur to prove that Ambush can win, even when it doesn't have an advantage.
ConstantineNguyen take Gambler the Sandshrew. Although it doesn't actually gamble often, it loves to take chances. You cannot use any moves with 100% accuracy (boosting moves are OK). Additionally, it wants to introduce the joy of taking chances to everyone it meets. Gambler must learn Sandstorm naturally at Level 37 and use it whenever it enters battle. It may evolve into Sandslash when a 100% accurate move misses it due to Sand Veil. Gambler dislikes those who think they can evade chance: Solo Morty and Will. Lastly, Gambler wants to become a master of chance. Win seven battles in a row in the Battle Arcade with Gambler in your party to complete the challenge and lift the move restriction.
Edit: Seeing as the challenge will end with the first defeat of the E4, complete it by beating Level 7 in Voltorb Flip after everything else except the Will solo. Gambler sees Voltorb Flip as the perfect mixture of chance and skill.

Last edited:
Quick update on my HG Scramble! Just got my 2nd badge, everything is going fairly well. Here's the team so far!

Quilly the Cyndaquil

Male
Level 18
Ember
Quick Attack
Tackle
Smokescreen
The star of my team up to this point; in fact, I tried to use him as little as possible once I started switch-training Dunsparce due to the fact that once I switch him in, I can't switch him back out. So far, not evolving him hasn't made any noticeable difference, but I'm sure it will catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Copter the Hoppip

Female
Level 17
Tackle
PoisonPowder
Tail Whip
U-Turn
Not doing anything special, but a solid team member. So far, her moves, while not powerful, serve her fine, but having such weak attacks will catch up to her soon. An evolution coming up and getting Headbutt for her should keep her useful for a while.

DUNSPARCE the Dunsparce (I ACCIDENTALLY HIT THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO NICKNAME HER, OKAY? GOLDENROD CITY IS VERY CLOSE) (also why are the mons automatically in all caps. Lyra keeps yelling at me about her MARILL)

Female
Level 18
Rock Tomb
Roost
Defense Curl
Rage

She's actually much more useful than I expected she would be. Rock Tomb came in handy in the gym, but I can't wait for her to get a more useful attacking move. She runs out of PP very quickly, which means many trips to the Pokemon Center, especially when given that she miss at least once every 5 or so attacks. I had her miss 4 times in one battle with it once (':

So far the run is going great! Can't wait to get a few more mons and continue!

Mind giving me a scramble challenge for Omega Ruby? Everything with nicknames, other than that and no useless Pokemon, anything goes.

Mind giving me a scramble challenge for Omega Ruby? Everything with nicknames, other than that and no useless Pokemon, anything goes.
Take Mawile the Aron. This Aron lost his family when he was a baby and was taken in by a Mawile. Therefore, he believes himself to be a Mawile. He acts like a Mawile any way that he can. Since Mawile has Fairy-type now, it can take on Fighting types with ease. Your Aron must solo at least one of Brawly's pokemon. (If you want, try to solo Brawly outright, but I'm sure that will be very hard. Don't stress yourself out.) At level 22, Aron learns Iron Head, which is the first move he shares with the Mawile line. He is overjoyed to be fitting in with the Mawile, so he must lead with this move any time he goes into battle. He may evolve into Lairon freely; however, to evolve into Aggron, he must have a moveset entirely made of moves that Mawile can learn (be it through level up, TM/HM, tutor, egg moves, anything goes). His moveset must remain solely moves that Mawile can learn for the remainder of the game. Have him solo Sidney, since Fairies have the advantage over Dark-types. Good luck; have fun! If you want something changed/made easier/harder, let me know!

Snaquaza

KACAW
Take InLove the Ralts, Ralts will be in love with one Pokemon on your party of your choice. This comes with one single restrictions, neither of the two Pokemon that are in love may have any move in their moveset (or at least not use them in battle) that the other isn't able to learn. They don't have to both have the move in their moveset, but it should be possible to learn. Additionally, they must always co-operate in double battles. If one is in and the other's not, one must be switched in or out.

At first I wanted to give a Luvdisc but that would be a bit evil... Good luck!

Take your Boy TeamPlayer the mudkip. This mudkip is a true team player and always wants to help his buddies out. Therefore, he must
  • Not use spread moves that target your teammates (surf, earthquake, etc.) in any battle, because it would be selfish to hurt his friends.
  • Participate in every double battle, to get a true team atmosphere.
  • Solo Tate and Liza (deposit all other Pokemon) so TeamPlayer can prove he can carry the team on his shoulders.
No other restrictions. Evolve him whenever you like. And have fun!

I present to you Defender the Zubat. It must be the first Zubat that you successfully catch in Granite Cave, no exceptions. Depending on its nature, it has a different set of four restrictions (plus one required solo) imposed on it.
Because this Zubat lives up to its name, it's perfectly okay with taking hits and is willing to do so for the sake of its teammates. Therefore:
  • You cannot use healing items on it in battle
  • You cannot use a Pokémon Center or similar if this Zubat is above half HP
  • It cannot switch out in battle unless prompted after defeating a Pokémon
  • It must have Toxic and Roost on its moveset ASAP
In Petalburg Gym, locate the Defense Room and solo the Ace Trainer there.
Benefitting one defense and hindering the other. This Zubat is quite confused. Therefore:
  • It must keep a Confusion-inducing move at all times
  • It is under the effects of permanent Torment (i.e., cannot use the same move twice in a row)
  • It must hold a Persim Berry whenever possible
  • No two moves can have the same typing (including non-offensive moves)
Solo at least one Trainer in Mossdeep Gym.
This Zubat is initially fazed by its hindered defensive stat but then decides to embrace the notion that offense is the best defense. Therefore:
  • You cannot use healing items on it in battle
  • It is under the effects of permanent Taunt (i.e., can only use offensive moves)
  • It cannot switch out in battle unless prompted after defeating a Pokémon
  • You cannot use X Defend or X Sp. Def on it
In Petalburg Gym, locate the Strength Room and solo the Ace Trainer there.
With no defenses benefitted and none hindered, this Zubat finds itself to be an Average Joe defensively in spite of its name. Therefore:
  • Its moveset must contain at least one move of every category (Physical, Special, Status) whenever possible
  • It must have at least one Normal-type move at all times
  • It cannot be the lowest- or highest-level Pokémon in your team
  • You cannot use any X items on it
Roll a six-sided die. The number that you roll equals the minimum number of Pokémon that you must solo in Petalburg Gym (including those of the Leader).
Regardless of Zubat's nature, its evolution restrictions are the same: Solo 3 Trainer-owned Rock-types to evolve into Golbat and 7 more to evolve into Crobat.

I'm going to go old-school and do a scramble challenge of Red. I need 6 scramble mons and I would prefer a mix of early game and later game mons. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I also can't trade (Doing this on cart, not emu)

1/6 scramblemons taken

Take Nuptup the Vileplume. Nuptup is the destroyer of worlds and wants to prove it to everyone. Nuptup must solo every significant trainer's (gym leader, rival, E4, Giovanni) highest level Pokemon. In order to evolve into Gloom, Nuptup must prove its worth by soloing 10 trainer owned Flying types or 10 trainer owned Fire types (I will choose Flying because there are so many trainer-owned Pidgeys in-game). Pokemon defeated via Nuptup's first restriction do not count. In order to evolve into Vileplume, Nuptup must solo one gym leader or rival battle without using super effective moves at any point after meeting the prerequisite to evolve into Gloom. Finally, Nuptup needs to prove itself against the champion and must solo your rival's grass type, fire type, and Alakazam in the final battle.

Last edited:
As soon as you get the Old Rod in Dewford, catch Immortal the Tentacool.

Immortal believes it is one of those immortal jellyfish that can revert to an earlier life stage. However, it doesn't quite understand that that doesn't extend to battling. As such, Immortal can never faint in battle. Doing so would crush its dreams and force it to sit out until after the next gym, because fainting is close enough to dying in the Pokéworld. Do whatever you can to make sure Immortal doesn't faint.

To make this a bit trickier, Immortal's overconfidence leads it to believe that its immortality will protect it from Pokémon who threaten it. Never switch Immortal out if it is facing a type super effective against it at high health, because after all, Immortal is immortal. Luckily, Immortal will begin to see sense if its HP drops into the red. You may switch at this point.

Immortal hears that the secret of true immortality lies with the mysterious leader of Team Mahma, Maxie. Solo all Team Magma admin and leader fights, and evolve after obtaining their secrets in the Team Magma Base (after clearing it). Immortal will fight in these battles even if it fainted recently, because the secret will help it achieve true immortality. After evolving, all restrictions are lifted.

Too hard? Too easy? Feel free to adjust anything.

I'm going to go old-school and do a scramble challenge of Red. I need 6 scramble mons and I would prefer a mix of early game and later game mons. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I also can't trade (Doing this on cart, not emu)
Take Nuptup the Vileplume. Nuptup is the destroyer of worlds and wants to prove it to everyone. Nuptup must solo every significant trainer's (gym leader, rival, E4, Giovanni) highest level Pokemon. In order to evolve into Gloom, Nuptup must prove its worth by soloing 10 trainer owned Flying types or 10 trainer owned Fire types (choose one). Pokemon defeated via Nuptup's first restriction do not count. In order to evolve into Vileplume, Nuptup must solo one gym leader or rival battle without using super effective moves at any point after meeting the prerequisite to evolve into Gloom. Finally, Nuptup needs to prove itself against the champion and must solo your rival's grass type, fire type, and Alakazam in the final battle.

Take Nuptup the Vileplume. Nuptup is the destroyer of worlds and wants to prove it to everyone. Nuptup must solo every significant trainer's (gym leader, rival, E4, Giovanni) highest level Pokemon. In order to evolve into Gloom, Nuptup must prove its worth by soloing 10 trainer owned Flying types or 10 trainer owned Fire types (choose one). Pokemon defeated via Nuptup's first restriction do not count. In order to evolve into Vileplume, Nuptup must solo one gym leader or rival battle without using super effective moves at any point after meeting the prerequisite to evolve into Gloom. Finally, Nuptup needs to prove itself against the champion and must solo your rival's grass type, fire type, and Alakazam in the final battle.
Thanks! I'll take it! Vileplume has always been one of my personal favorites to use.

Wait, what if 2 of the Pokemon Nuptup must solo are the same level? For example, in the Pokemon Tower Blue fight, his Pidgeotto and starter are both Level 25 and are his highest leveled Pokemon. Does Nuptup solo both, or can I choose which one I want to solo?

Wait, what if 2 of the Pokemon Nuptup must solo are the same level? For example, in the Pokemon Tower Blue fight, his Pidgeotto and starter are both Level 25 and are his highest leveled Pokemon. Does Nuptup solo both, or can I choose which one I want to solo?
Ideally the trainer's "signature" Pokemon (in that case, the starter) or both if you want the added challenge.

Take Bipolar the Oddish. This Oddish has a serious medical condition that makes it switch moods randomly. Bipolar can be one of two moods (for the sake of the challenge): HAPPY or SAD. If its Max HP is even, it is HAPPY, and if its Max HP is odd, it is SAD. Its mood might change upon level-up due to its Max HP increasing. Your goal is to cure this Oddish of its condition by evolving it to either Vileplume or Bellossom. Two sets of rules exist depending on whether Oddish is HAPPY or SAD.

If Bipolar is HAPPY, it is absolutely bursting at the seams with joy and passion. It wants to give everyone on your team enormous hugs, but Bipolar can't do it with those nonexistent arms. Therefore, it decides to give every member of your team healing items. Bipolar insists that all healing items be used not on it, but on other fellow teammates. Bipolar likes to put others before itself, so it must be in the last slot of your party.
If Bipolar is SAD, it tries to distract itself from its problems by eating berries. Therefore, when Bipolar is SAD, the only healing items that can be used on Bipolar are berries, as it won't accept anything else. This doesn't help, though, and Bipolar is still as sad as it was before. Because of all this eating, Bipolar gets overweight and has self-esteem issues. You want to try to cheer Bipolar up, so you call it your MVP and always carry Bipolar in the first slot of your party.

Bipolar can evolve freely into a Gloom. However, when it reaches Level 30, its fate is sealed. Make note of its Max HP at Level 30. If (at Level 30), its Max HP is even, it will stay HAPPY for the rest of the game and must evolve into Bellossom. If its Max HP is odd at Level 30, it will stay SAD for the rest of the game and must evolve into Vileplume. It can be evolved anytime you want, but its final mood is determined at Level 30.

btw i still need 5 more scramblemons for Red version, no trading. Some scramblemons would be appreciated; thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)