Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

hi i want a scramble on diamond, i'd like the game to end when u beat your enemy and i can't do any saving cuz im not gonna delete my save file diff:easy (this is my 1st scramble so yh) i don't want any soloing nonsence, nor any stupid ev or nature traning/finding. i want 6 pokemon- or scramblemon, anywho id like to give one too. I think i've made my point!

and by enemy, i mean tyson(i've always chose that one at the lueage. i do want nicks, and personalitys

Last edited by a moderator:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Please do not double post, and put a little more effort into your writing. It's legitimately hard (and definitely annoying) to try to work out what you're trying to say.

^Please do not double post, and put a little more effort into your writing. It's legitimately hard (and definitely annoying) to try to work out what you're trying to say.
1: whats doubble posting? 2. sorry i was putting alot of effert into that post.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
1: whats doubble posting? 2. sorry i was putting alot of effert into that post.
1. Double posting: Making two posts in a row. It clutters up the forum and makes readers have to scroll past two posts instead of just one slightly bigger post, so don't do it. Make your point - or points - in one post instead of making new ones. Use the "Edit" button if you think of more to say after you haveve already posted. Some forums automatically merge double posts, but Smogon does not. In case you wonder, I merged the two posts you made manually.

2. The forum rules say you should try your best to use proper spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation. Being on a phone is no excuse. You can be cut some slack if you don't have English as your first language, or if you have legitimate learning difficulties or dyslexia, but if you're capable, please write proper English. It's easier to read, and gives readers a better impression of you.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi i want a scramble on diamond, i'd like the game to end when u beat your enemy and i can't do any saving cuz im not gonna delete my save file diff:easy (this is my 1st scramble so yh) i don't want any soloing nonsence, nor any stupid ev or nature traning/finding. i want 6 pokemon- or scramblemon, anywho id like to give one too. I think i've made my point!

and by enemy, i mean tyson(i've always chose that one at the lueage. i do want nicks, and personalitys
Well I'm not sure what you mean by your enemy, but you deserve a 'mon either way!

Take Special the Turtwig. Turtwig always remembers the first move of each type it learned, which is special as its the first move of that type it learned. It may not learn any other move of that type. So Tackle will be your first Normal-type move and Withdraw your first Water-type move. You may forget them in favor of other types, but you may not learn any other Normal or Water-type moves.

However, when Turtwig faces an opponent that uses any of these moves, it must forget the move that it has used. The move isn't special anymore. Then it is allowed to learn a new move of that type, but once it has learned a new move the same restriction applies. It may never relearn the first move if this happens.

Curse counts as a Ghost-type move.

Good luck and have fun. This should be fun yet somewhat challenging. You are restricted in your moves, so you must use creativity to beat your opponents, however, you're also able to somewhat influence it if you want to hunt for for example a Bidoof to forget Tackle for a better Normal-type move later in the game.

You may use Tackle until you get a new attacking move, even if you found something that also used it. However, as soon as you get a new move, you may not use Tackle again. This doesn't count if you get a new Pokemon before you learn another move, then you'll just have to Exp. Share / Switch train it!

Well I'm not sure what you mean by your enemy, but you deserve a 'mon either way!

Take Special the Turtwig. Turtwig always remembers the first move of each type it learned, which is special as its the first move of that type it learned. It may not learn any other move of that type. So Tackle will be your first Normal-type move and Withdraw your first Water-type move. You may forget them in favor of other types, but you may not learn any other Normal or Water-type moves.

However, when Turtwig faces an opponent that uses any of these moves, it must forget the move that it has used. The move isn't special anymore. Then it is allowed to learn a new move of that type, but once it has learned a new move the same restriction applies. It may never relearn the first move if this happens.

Curse counts as a Ghost-type move.

Good luck and have fun. This should be fun yet somewhat challenging. You are restricted in your moves, so you must use creativity to beat your opponents, however, you're also able to somewhat influence it if you want to hunt for for example a Bidoof to forget Tackle for a better Normal-type move later in the game.

You may use Tackle until you get a new attacking move, even if you found something that also used it. However, as soon as you get a new move, you may not use Tackle again. This doesn't count if you get a new Pokemon before you learn another move, then you'll just have to Exp. Share / Switch train it!
Ok i'll start it and keep you updated! Can I give you one after i get to the end (and can the end be after sunnyshore gym? it's just, it takes long to get o the pokemon league without saves

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok i'll start it and keep you updated! Can I give you one after i get to the end (and can the end be after sunnyshore gym? it's just, it takes long to get o the pokemon league without saves
I'm not currently playing a Scramble (haven't in a while actually, just like thinking of challenges :o), though if I will I will notify you! That said, normally scrambles actually have multiple Pokemon. You can use 1, but generally people use a full team of 6.

That said, I love to be updated on Scrambles though.

I'm not currently playing a Scramble (haven't in a while actually, just like thinking of challenges :o), though if I will I will notify you! That said, normally scrambles actually have multiple Pokemon. You can use 1, but generally people use a full team of 6.

That said, I love to be updated on Scrambles though.
I just want 1 now

Ok Typist: Your pokemon belives it's type(s) is best, so, you may only use moves of that pokemon's type; no status moves, as for witch pokemon u have to use, make sure u don't use a mono team! But really tho, at least use 1 grass type (dual typed or not) as for evolution, if your pokemon is a say, fire type, and u hav the moves ember, flame wheel,fire punch, and flare blitz, count how many letters all the moves have, then add them; if it's even, you can't evolve it, if it's odd, you may evolve. You may change a move, as long as it's one of the pokemon's type.

Mind giving me a scramble challenge for Omega Ruby? Everything with nicknames, other than that and no useless Pokemon, anything goes.
Take Buggy the Porygon. You can trade it in from another game, or use Mirage spots. Which one you do changes parts of the challenge.

Yup, it's another "play this Pokemon as if it were a type it isn't" challenge. I seem to like giving those.

• Buggy must always be played as if it were pure Bug-type.
  • If you traded Buggy in, solo Latios to evolve into Porygon2. Ignore this solo if you used a Mirage spot, as Latios will already have been defeated.
  • Duo Tate & Liza with one other Scramblemon of your choice to evolve. If you traded Buggy in, this is the evolution to Porygon-Z; if you used a Mirage spot, it's the evolution to Porygon2.
  • If you used a Mirage spot, solo all Dark-types owned by Team Magma trainers. If this is the case, after you defeat Groudon, you may evolve Buggy to Porygon-Z.
  • Solo Sidney.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Blues Rules, take a Patrat named Watching

Watching is extremely proud of its eyesight, and thinks it is more important than anything else. As such, it must learn and never forget Leer, Hypnosis, and Mean Look simultaneously. If one of those moves has not been learned yet, any move is allowed in its slot until it can be learned. Because Watching likes to spy on its opponents from a distance, but not too far, it must always be in the second slot pre-battle. Finally, it refuses to evolve until it can take sand and bright lights in its eyes , it may not evolve until the Nimbasa Gym is beaten, and must solo Elesa so it can effectively keep track of anything.

Recap:
  • Must learn Leer, Hypnosis, and Mean Look and have them all at the same time.
  • Cannot forget said moves during the entirety of game.
  • Must always be in second slot pre-battle. (with exception of Elesa)
  • Cannot evolve until Nimbasa City Gym is beaten.
  • Must solo Elesa.
I would also like to do a Soul Silver scramble, so here are the rules.
  • Cannot Trade or use Pokewalker, so only Pokemon in the game itself.
  • Medium Difficulty since it is my first time.
  • I will accept solos, but nothing to crazy.
  • Personalities and Nicknames are highly recommended!
Good luck choosing!

Current Mons:
Grimer (Rotten Jam)

Last edited:
LucarioOfLegends take Rotten Jam the Grimer.

What happens when someone flushes rotten jam? It turns into a Grimer.
  • Upon reaching level 20, Rotten Jam must have a STAB attack move at all times.
  • Solo all Grass (jam) and Poison (rotten) types not being soloed by other mons, as these types have something to do with rotten jam.
  • Solo Archer to evolve into Muk. Archer is the one who flushed the rotten jam in the first place!
  • Solo Koga. If you play through Kanto as well as Johto, also solo Janine.
Too easy? Add an Erika solo or change the gym solos from soloing the leader to soloing the entire gym.
Too hard? Drop the Koga or Janine solo.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
PSDuckie said:
LucarioOfLegends take Rotten Jam the Grimer.

What happens when someone flushes rotten jam? It turns into a Grimer.
  • Upon reaching level 20, Rotten Jam must have a STAB attack move at all times.
  • Solo all Grass (jam) and Poison (rotten) types not being soloed by other mons, as these types have something to do with rotten jam.
  • Solo Archer to evolve into Muk. Archer is the one who flushed the rotten jam in the first place!
  • Solo Koga. If you play through Kanto as well as Johto, also solo Janine.
Too easy? Add an Erika solo or change the gym solos from soloing the leader to soloing the entire gym.
Too hard? Drop the Koga or Janine solo.
I reallly want to do this one, the trouble will be getting a Grimer before Kanto in the Safari Zone. I see how well I can get one.

Btw definitely not doing the Koga Or Janine solo, but I will be glad to try the Erika Solo.

Kalob Here's another for you!
How does Medic the Chansey sound? The restrictions are pretty simple:
Due to the nonviolent nature of her species, Medic cannot know any attacks with more than 60 base power, and she can't be in a trainer battle for more than 3 turns.
Whenever one of your Pokemon is at half health or less, Medic must heal it with Softboiled (which can be done out of battle).
To evolve to Blissey, Medic must heal 1000 of her teammates' hp with Softboiled alone (having a spare sheet of paper helps for this).

In case you're wondering, it doesn't matter if Medic is a Chansey caught in the wild or a Happiny hatched from an egg given to you by an NPC. If you go with the latter, there are no restrictions to evolve her to Chansey.
In any case, I hope you have fun!

Last edited:
Okay... Here I go. Hello, I'm kind of new here and while I wait for Pokémon Sun & Moon, I thought it would be a good idea to do a challenge.

-I'll be doing Pokémon Emerald.
-I can't trade since it's on PC.
-Normal difficulty? Something not too hard but also not too easy.
-Well, I think it would be a good idea to have a 4 Pokémon Challenge since I will need HM Slaves and I hate wasting move-space on HMs.
-Also, I want to try using anything that is not a starter, because I always beat my games with them so I want something new to try.
-I think that's all I can think of.

EDIT: By the way: Can I use a Wild Pokémon modifier or not to get the challenge Pokémon early? Or do I have to find them the hard way?

Drake Wolf take Spores the Shroomish.

This particular Shroomish loves spores. It also thinks every other Pokémon should love spores as well.

So here's the challenge:
- You must keep Stun Spore and Spore on Spores.
- Spores must lead at all times, and may not switch out or directly attack the opposing Pokémon until Spores faints or until it manages to land of the aforementioned Spore attacks.
- Evolving to Breloom is not allowed until you get Spore at Level 54. You're going to have to keep it as a Shroomish all the way.
- Challenge: Solo Norman.

Too hard? Too easy?

Drake Wolf take Tiamat the Trapinch.

This Trapinch dislikes the metallic dragons from Dungeons & Dragons, and wants to solo their types.

- Unless another Pokemon's solo overrides this, Tiamat must be the one to switch into any Ice, Poison, Electric, or Fire type once Spores gets his Spore or Stun Spore off.
- Solo five Ice-types, five Poison-types, five Electric-types, and ten Fire-types to evolve into Vibrava.
- Solo ten more Ice-types, ten more Poison-types, ten more Electric-types, and twenty more Fire-types to evolve into Flygon.
- Solo Drake, because dragons.

Too easy? Add a Glacia solo. Too hard? Drop the Drake solo.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Drake Wolf, take Friendship! the Plusle.

-Must carry Helping Hand at all times, because of its overwhelming optimism and caring nature.
-If in a double battle, it must use Helping Hand and switch out.
-Solo every Dark-type encountered, because their emo style is really depressing.

Too easy? Too hard?

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hey, do also have any suggestions for my SS scramble, it would be really helpful.

P.S. I just realized that you have to solo Sidney due to the Dark type solo. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)