Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I will accept a challenge, however.

Game: SoulSilver (to Red)
Difficulty: Easy-Medium (don't want to kill myself on my first scramble)

Give me a starter and a Flyer, please, but no trade evos.
Scrambling is the gift that keeps on giving, eh?

Ok, take F-14 the Spearow.

Being named after a fighter jet, Spearow is always aiming for aerial superiority. He may not be quite as deadly, fast, or... well... anything as his namesake, but he's sure gonna try!

All of F-14's moves must be fighter-jet themed. The list of moves that I deem to be fighter-jet-like is given below, feel free to barter with me if you have better ideas.

Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Mirror Move (If you take this move you are obligated to post about all of your shenanigans :mehowth:)
Agility
Drill Peck
Double Team
Steel Wing
U-turn
Fly

(you may use other moves until Level 13, when F-14 learns Pursuit)

F-14 is also concerned about the safety of your other flying pokemon. Whenever Blue Bat (Or any other Flying scramblemons if you get them) faints, F-14 must solo the offending opponent. This challenge does not take priority if Blue Bat (or other) faints during a required solo.

Finally, in order to establish complete aerial dominance, Solo Falkner, and solo Silver's zu/gol/crobat every time you face him.

F-14 can evolve once he is taught Fly, and can never forget Fly. Go zooming around those cities!

Hopefully this challenge fits your difficulty. If it is too easy, feel free to take on this extra challenge:
Solo the quintessential American Military Man, Lt. Surge.

As a side note regarding my challenge, for those of you who have been following and have seen my rants about Team Flare battles, the next episode will be slightly delayed, as bumbling around the land of the evil red tuxes is gonna take a while:pikuh:

Scrambling is the gift that keeps on giving, eh?

Ok, take F-14 the Spearow.

Being named after a fighter jet, Spearow is always aiming for aerial superiority. He may not be quite as deadly, fast, or... well... anything as his namesake, but he's sure gonna try!

All of F-14's moves must be fighter-jet themed. The list of moves that I deem to be fighter-jet-like is given below, feel free to barter with me if you have better ideas.

Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Mirror Move (If you take this move you are obligated to post about all of your shenanigans :mehowth:)
Agility
Drill Peck
Double Team
Steel Wing
U-turn
Fly

(you may use other moves until Level 13, when F-14 learns Pursuit)

F-14 is also concerned about the safety of your other flying pokemon. Whenever Blue Bat (Or any other Flying scramblemons if you get them) faints, F-14 must solo the offending opponent. This challenge does not take priority if Blue Bat (or other) faints during a required solo.

Finally, in order to establish complete aerial dominance, Solo Falkner, and solo Silver's zu/gol/crobat every time you face him.

F-14 can evolve once he is taught Fly, and can never forget Fly. Go zooming around those cities!

Hopefully this challenge fits your difficulty. If it is too easy, feel free to take on this extra challenge:
Solo the quintessential American Military Man, Lt. Surge.

As a side note regarding my challenge, for those of you who have been following and have seen my rants about Team Flare battles, the next episode will be slightly delayed, as bumbling around the land of the evil red tuxes is gonna take a while:pikuh:
Accepted!

I'm probably deciding that the Silver bat solo will partially override S0n1cc's Silver solo (it'll still do the rest of the fight).

Also, Mirror Move is gonna be an incredible meme.

Also also, I'm not thinking of any more jet moves (and that's a nice list you've got there), so simultaneously screw the Surge solo and let's maybe do the Surge solo, because I can't not think of Double Team memes right now...

Last edited:
Accepted!

I'm probably deciding that the Silver bat solo will partially override S0n1cc's Silver solo (it'll still do the rest of the fight).

Also, Mirror Move is gonna be an incredible meme.

Also also, I'm not thinking of any more jet moves (and that's a nice list you've got there), so simultaneously screw the Surge solo and let's maybe do the Surge solo, because I can't not think of Double Team memes right now...
whoops completely forgot about the S0n1cc solo
yeah, Mirror Move may not be jet-themed but its meme-themed and thats good enough for me.

My First Ever Scramble Challenge - Pokemon Platinum
See here for Pokemon

And so the journey begins! I'm so... excited?

Game starts, Professor ramblings and stuff, name my (male) character "YB" (usually go with Yoshi or my real name, but might as well change it up) using the definitely new, unique, and innovative D S T O U C H S C R E E N (Wish I even knew what Pokemon was back then). Name my rival Bowler, named after my friend BowlerSSF2, who's one of the most successful Smash Flash 2 YouTubers, recently hitting 10k subs,and was kind of my rival when I played SSF2 competitively.

The early part is kinda pointless since I wasn't given a starter (honestly forgot to ask for one lol), just know that I picked Piplup, which gives me a good matchup there versus Bowler's ace, allowing Bananasaur, Pride, or Bellhop to destroy Torterra. Plus, it gets Defog and Cut. Oh, and before that, Professor Rowan stopped Bowler from being torn to shreds by very scary Bidoofs.

TERRIFYING

Kricketots I ran into before getting Poke Balls: 2

Alright, finally got some Poke Balls, time to begin my suffering...
I'm telling you right now, I don't expect much from Cricothoven util the 40s when it gets Perish Song, but hopefully me being inevitably overleveled as heck will be enough to carry me until I can get Bellhop. Well, not quite. I'm just hoping that on my way back to tell my mom about my adventuring, I don't run into any Kricketots so I might get a higher level one after the catching tutorial....

Yeah, literally the first PokemonI run into is a Kricketot, so there goes that. He is Level 3, though, so could've been worse. Anyways, I caught the little guy and now our journey really begins!

Cricthoven has a Gentle Nature, which isn't great considering the fact that with my slightly-modified-to-make-early-game-actually-doable-restriction, it has to click Bide a lot. Could've been worse, though.

And now, for Cricthoven's first battle! An epic duel with... a wild Level 3 Shinx.
Growl -> 2 Bides and 1 Potion used as the Shinx spams Tackle wins it for your hero... we're gonna have a great time, ladies and gents...

Oh, and in his 3rd battle, he already fainted to a Bidoof because I didn't want to waste Potions. Great.

Now for his first Trainer battle, he's just level 4 up against a level 5 Starly, but he'll be fine, right?
Well, a crit Quick Attack literally OHKOs, so as you can see, this went very well as it just took me, oh, idk, FIVE TRIES. This is literally the first trainer. Help me.

Hey look, this third trainer I'm facing has a Burmy! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to honey... Wait a minute, Burmy doesn't have any attacking moves at level 10. Hey, something I can actually beat with just Growl!... Is what I would say if this man wasn't a hacker and has Tackle already. Whatever, still only took 1 try. First route went well enough, getting Cricthoven up to Level 8 already with only the first 2 battles taking more than 2 tries, which is nice.

Enter Jubilife City, meet Looker, who's just delightful, and then we head into the Trainer School for some training and probably more resets.

Gave Bowler his stuff from his mom, he runs off, like always, and then we battle these two children and... Cricthoven actually more than holds his own, not fainting once. Impressive.

We start the Poketch promotional campaign thing, with the first clown telling me about growing through Exp. and evolution and stuff. With a Level 9 Kricketot, this is actually relevant information, so that's nice.

Now, we head left and face our biggest test so far: Bowler.
He leads with Starly, Cricthoven's destined rival, who, after spamming Growl for a little bit, is 3HKOed by Bide, so that goal was met easily. Turtwig's next, which just spams Withdraw for no good reason until he gets to +6. Then, entirely because he got a crit Tackle, Cricthoven is able to Bide twice to easily defeat Turtwig! That went extraordinarily well for a Kricketot and for my trouble...

"What?
Cricthoven is evolving!
Congratulations, Your Cricthoven evolved into Kricketune!
Cricthoven learned Fury Cutter!"

That's pretty exciting, might mean that I can use less Potions and also I can do damage now!.... To Soundproof mons, that is. Anyways, this is a good point to end part 1 at, now that we have taken down Bowler for the first time.
Caught:

Cricthoven (Kricketune) (M)
Ability: Swarm
Level: 10
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Bide (temporarily usable)
- Fury Cutter
Has actually surprised me so far. After those first two dreadful battles, Cricthoven has really held his own thanks to the mighty Bide. Not much else to say. Let's see if we can carry this into our first Gym badge.

If there's any objection to me using Bide, I can restart.

Not Caught:

*odd number ID: Yes
Alright, part 2, here we go.
I start off by going to left just to see what's there and I find an Z Accuracy. Interesting... I also got an Old Rod, as if that matters.

I explored as much of Jubilfe City as I could, coming aay with a Quick Claw (which will be nice for Bellhop or Bananasaur) and some information about evolution despite the fact that I already have an evolved Pokemon.

And now, as I head north for a couple seconds, I accidentally get in Cicthoven's first battle as a Kricketune! After a few turns, Cricthoven easily handled a Level 7 Shinx. I know I was 3 levels higher and it was a Shinx, but dang I can feel the difference in bulk.

And, I enter a dilemma.
You see, I ran into this trainer to the east that had a Kricketot.
Kricketot only has Growl and Bide.
I am only allowed to use Growl and Bide (Fury Cutter is reserved for Soundproof mons only)
You see the problem here?
And what's worse is that he has a second Pokemon, too.
So, basically, cue a huge PP stalling battle.
What's worse is that using an item that has no effect doesn't use up your turn in this gen.... thank goodness Pokeballs do, though. And so, after more 70 or so turns and being reminded to not be a thief a ton of times, the Kricketot finally starts Struggle itself to death, and I successfully beat something by only using Growl (and a bunch of blocked Pokeballs). Now we have problem #2: Supersonic Zubat. With Bide being a 3 turn move, it's basically impossible to use, so I basically had to PP Stall again. And after all of that, this trainer is finally gone. By the way, that was an OPTIONAL trainer. Sigh...

This wasn't the last time I had to PP Stall a trainer, too, as Kricketune is so bulky with Growl that I ran out versus a trainer with 4 Level 4 Pokemon. I ran out of PP against their 3rd Pokemon, Starly, and thank goodness that their last Pokemon was just an Abra.

For my trouble, I was able to get myself an X Defend, which was somewhat useful I suppose, and entry into Oreburgh Gate. A nice Hiker guy gives me HM06 Rock Smash, which I wish I could teach to Kricktune so much right now.

"Cricthoven learned Leech Life!"
;~;

With that, we enter Oreburgh City and even have access to Route 207. The latter is only relevant as I decided to catch a Geodude to show a guy in building (getting a Heal Ball..) and to teach Rock Smash.

After exploring Oreburgh City, which was admittedly uneventful, I headed into the mine to go get the Gym Leader and start my suffering. Upon entering, I got a Super Potion which is sooooooo great, as Potions are starting to not cut it anymore. After some battles, I ran into the Gym Leader, Roark, who shows me how to Smash rocks. Wish I could do that in battle, but hey, now we can actually battle the Gym Leader.

Ah, the gym, probably the hardest thing I'll have to do until Cynthia, probably. Even with Bide, Rock-types hit REALLY hard, even after a Growl or two.

The trainers went down easily enough, surprisingly, though Defense Curl was annoying for Bide. After this, I was at only Level 16, two away from Sing, which might bea problem, though honestly, I have faith in Growl + Bide.

And now, for Roark...
"I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!"
Yeah, you can say that again.

Attempt 1:
I force-Growl, he thankfully Stealth Rocks. Then, I decide to use an X Defend for extra assurance as he Rock Throws. I Bide up as he spams Rock Throw, but he misses one of his Rock Throws, which is killer. I heal up and Bide up again as he only hits 1/2 once again, this time to my favor.

Onix comes out, I Growl as per requirement as he immediately Rock Throws, which does very little as Onix is quite weak (X Defend comin' through). Onix survives the first Bide and gets Potioned up... and that's when he pulls out Screech... Now, I'm forced to use my Super Potion earlier that I wanted to just to beat Onix.

Cranidos comes out as I Potion up. And Headbutt does way too much. I Growl as he chokes by using Pursuit. I Potion up as he of course gets a crit on Headbutt...

Attempts 2-3:
I Growl and he thankfully Stealth Rocks again and this time immediately click Bide, but of course he gets a crit Rock Throw and 2HKOs.

Attempt 4:
VS Geodude
Growl - Stealth Rock
Bide - Rock Throw
Bide2 - Rock Throw miss
Bide3 - Actually Lucky Rock Throw miss
Bide - Potion
Bide2 - Rock Throw
Bide3 KOs Geodude.

VS Onix
I Growl as he Rock Throws before I heal for a few turns. I Bide and after 2 Rock Throws, I OHKO Onix and grow to Level 17.

VS Cranidos
I Super Potion as he gets a crit Headbutt, ruining that. I Growl before healing with regular Potions. I actually get a Bide off before he gets another lucky crit and KOs.

Attempt 5:
VS Geodude
Growl - Rocks
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws

VS Onix
Potion - Rock Throw
Growl - Rock Throw
Potion - Rock Throw
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws (Level 17!)

VS Cranidos
Potion - Crit Headbutt
Super Potion - Headbutt
Growl - Leer
I Bide at the wrong time as he spams Leer

*Skipping ahead*

Attempt 9:
Onix and Geodude went the same as Attempt 5 more or less

VS Cranidos (I forgot how it exactly went, but it was something like this)
I healed up before using Growl followed by Bide. Bide doesn't quite kill, letting Roark use a Potion. I healed up as well (I think I used my X Defend and another Growl somewhere in here), before using Bide 1 more time and barely winning. During this, the only move he used was Headbutt.

FINALLY, WE WON.
I'm not going to say that I hate you for making me use a Kricketune without Leech Life to beat Roark, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at all mad.

"This is embarrassing..." Oh shut up...

"YB received the Coal Badge from Roark!" Well earned, though honestly I had it on Attempt 1 before crits happened. I also got TM76 Stealth Rock, which might be useful honestly.

Well, we'll end it off here. After finally defeating the Gym Leader, we can finally continue with the days of solo Kricketune being numbered.

Badges: 1

Caught:

Level: 17
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Leech Life
- Fury Cutter
Roark: Yes (Geodude, Onix, Cranidos)

Yeah, Cricthoven's bulk honestly hurt more than it helps. Having to use Growl first every battle mde Cricthoven more prone to either having to PP Stall in long battle, or in the case of the Gym, being just bulky enough to not OHKO the Gym Leader's Pokemon after 1 or Rock Throws/Headbutts but not being bulky enough to take 5 without having to heal 2-3 times. The Gym was very annoying because of this and Roark's extremely timely luck. Still better than what I could expect from a Kricketune, but not as impressed as before (though maybe Sing would've helped).

Not Caught:

Well now that the painful trek to get the badge is over, I can finally continue on with my newly usable Rock Smash on HM Geodude.

Bowler interrupts me to my surprise, but luckily for me all he wanted to do was tell me about Eterna City. Believe me, I want to get there much more than you do, buddy.

Before getting to Route 204, I decided to explore as much of Oreburgh Gate as I could at the moment, coming away with TM70 Flash (bleh) and a Big Pearl (cool).

As I entered Jubilife City, Looker confronted me with a warning to watch out for shady individuals, which has me wondering, what do shady individuals look like? Hmm, they might a bowl cut... with teal hair... kinda dress like astronauts... eh, who am I kidding... Oh, would you look at that, shady men with bowl cuts, teal hair, and space outfits are harassing Dawn and Rowan. I guess it was just a lucky guess, eh? Rowan gives them some lip because Rowan is awesome, but I still had to fight them off for him with Dawn. It's not like you have that Chimchar that Dawn doesn't own and Bowler & I didn't pick, but whatever, as Cricthoven just ate hits while Dawn's Chimchar did damage.

Not much happened on the bottom part Route 204, except that one of the trainers I skipped earlier had a Magikarp that I had to PP Stall, which also got me to Level 18 and Sing. There was also TM39 Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path, but all that did was make me sad that I an teach it to my future Cranidos. Maybe if I get Wormadam-Sandy... Oh, and 1 trainer on the top part of Route 204 asked me if I was using different types of Pokemon. Yeah, I wish.

By the way, I really hate facing Budews and Leech Seed Cherubi, the latter of which is actually almost impossible to beat. Full disclosure, I had to stall out Leech Seed repeatedly switching because if I stayed in, I'd run out of healing items before successfully stalling out Cherubi and would be guaranteed to lose (Don't worry though, I didn't attack Cherubi with Piplup or Geodude). There was also a double battle, which was a bit weird considering I only had 1 Scramblemon at this point.

After a pretty tedious top part of Route 204, I entered Floaroma Town, and oh how I wish it was Eterna City at this point. I got the TM88 Pluck (bleh) and some berries before I was on my as you can't quite get Honey yet.

Next was Team Galactic, and EWWWWW HYPNOSIS GLAMEOWS
I just want Bronzor already ;~;

I got through the Grunt stationed at Valley Windworks okay-ish, but that's just a sign for things to come and I don't like that at all. Next were the Floaroma Meadow goons, who had an annoying Stunky with Screech and Poison Gas that took way too many attempts (Read: more than 1) to beat, and the second grunt you can't heal before had 2 dumb Zubats, the second of which I had to PP Stall as I have to sit there I wonder what I was doing with my life and why Fury Cutter had to restricted to Soundproof mons.

I got Honey for this, so I GUESS that getting my second mon is a silver lining.... in at least 6 hours. Why does the Honey mechanic exist? Why can't Sinnoh trees be cool like Headbutt Trees in Johto?... Oh, I also got the Works Key, if anyone cares.

I slathered up the dream outside of Valley Windworks before heading in. One annoying Zubat and now Commander time (I skipped a trainer) and this probably won't go well since she leads with Zubat....WITH TOXIC

Yeah, this took multiple attempts

Oh, not to mention, she has Purugly.

Full Disclosure, I had to cheat by using Fury Cutter on Zubat as using only Bide, Growl, and Sing made is impossible to win without literally hoping that she missed every single Toxic she had, which was never going to happen. Zubat took 5 or 6 tries to beat, and after that Purugly was actually a piece of cake.

At the end of the day, I defeated Mars and I cannot wait to get Pride or Belhop, I'm getting quite tired of dealing with Supersonic, poison, Leech Seed, PP stalling Budews, and all of the rest. Though maybe I'm overreacting, I mean, this is my first scramble, so...

Anyway, I'm stopping here because:
a) Eterna Forest would be nice to train a Burmy in if I get it first try,
b) I'm mad,
and
c) I have school tomorrow and need sleep.

See you next time and sorry for all of the NaCl...

Oh, Looker showed up again... this was all worth it, for Looker, right?

Caught:

Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter

*unrelenting screams of agony*

Not Caught:

Part 3 is up

After getting a bit of the way through Lysandre Labs, I must regrettably turn SHIFT mode back on. I will be putting a restriction on it though: I can only use SHIFT if the next pokemon must be solo'd. This means that I can essentially only use SHIFT with Insanity's dark solos. This is just because if I can't switch Insanity in, I have to let a pokemon faint so that Insanity can freely switch in, and this is just making me constantly run back to the Pokemon Center. Not going to use it for much else tho, this is the first time I've used SET on a play through and I have to say I enjoy it.

This is Emerald--Sturdy doesn't matter yet.

I wish I was creative enough to write challenges, but oh well.

I will accept a challenge, however.

Game: SoulSilver (to Red)
Difficulty: Easy-Medium (don't want to kill myself on my first scramble)

Give me a starter and a Flyer, please, but no trade evos.

Sunkern
Evolves into Sunflora by soloing Eusine 1
Soloes Clair's Kingdra

S0n1cc (Cyndaquil)
Must have +Speed nature
Must hold Quick Claw
Must receive an X Speed in each important battle
Soloes any Exeggcute/Magemite
Soloes Silver (except the bat) for the sick Sonic '06 memes
Only damaging fire move is Flame Wheel (Ember is allowed until then)
Evolves into Quilava at 50 Speed
Evolves into Typhlosion at 100 Speed EVs

Blue Bat (Zubat)
Must hold Sky Plate
Soloes one member of every blue species (might make this all, we'll see)
Uses every blue item (e.g. Oran Berries)
Must take one attack from each Kimono Girl
Evolves into Golbat by entering every building until Ecruteak in the lead and receiving 2 haircuts
Evolves into Crobat by soloing each member of 4 different families that change color (e.g. Butterfree, Rattata)

F-14 (Spearow)
Must know "fighter-jet" style moves
Must solo any mon that kills Blue Bat (doesn't override soloes)
Soloes Falkner
Soloes Silver's bat
Evolves by learning Fly
Never forgets Fly
Take Gwen the Girafarig

Here are the rules:

-Cant use healing items on Gwen except full restores and max revives
-Make her hold a nugget
-Eats any rare candies as soon as you pick them up. when caught she will eat all rare candies in your inventory.

Have fun with that spoiled girl

Heyhey :)

Its a real shame, that Scramble Challenges arent more popular.

i would love to try one for Pokemon Crystal:

- No trades
- At least 1 Surfer
- It can be REASONABLY difficult. I am not going to train e.g. a zubat, that wont evolve until soloing lance only using leech life. I dont hate myself.
- No Unown, Shuckle, Ditto, Wobuffet or Smeargle. Again: I dont hate myself.
- Be inventive, I want my Pokes to have some personality to them ;)

1. Plebeian the Slowpoke!
-Always hold Amulet Coin
-Gain Double Money on Rival, Gym and E4 battles
-Have at least 10.000*Number of Badges Pokedollar after Whitney
-Solo every Pokemon with "King" or "Queen" in their evo-line and do not evolve till it dethroned 30 of those Pokemon in Trainer-Battles.

2. Kofflette the Koffing!
- Kofflette must always know Self-Destruct
- Kofflette also must only use the move that is on the top of the attack-list.
- When Kofflette levels up, shift the Self-Destruct attack down by however many times the last digit on your Trainer ID specifies.
- If a Kofflette dies in battle via Self-Destruct, get immeadiately another one. There are 9 Kofflettes in total.
- Must hold Blackbelt
- Solo Blackbelts, Chuck, Janine and Koga
- No Rare Candies or Exp.Share
- Never be the lowest level in your party
Take NewSnorlax the Sudowoodo

- Can only be used for one hour per day, because he needs his 23 hours of sleep
- Cant hold or use items because he has no hands
- Learn Rest and Snore
- Solo the wild Snorlax and Reds Snorlax

I've decided to use a bunch of Pokemon I either rarely or never use the next time I play emerald so here's an OG scrambler back for some fun

I have a single rule:
- Under no circumstances will I accept challenges that are pure drudgery gruntwork. No "must solo every grass type", no "must always be the highest level", no "must exhaust all PP" type challenges. These are stupid, pointless, grind challenges that ask of no creativity. Things like "cannot evolve unless it solos Flannery" are totally fine

That might seem extreme but I've gone out of my way to take obnoxiously hard challenges before (special attacking Machop, no Evo Sunkern, etc) and I want fun quirks to spice up the run rather than things that make you want to kill yourself

Anyway here's what I'm going with:

- Exploud
- Beautifly / Banette (replacement at Mt Pyre)
- Camerupt
- Altaria
- Whiscash / Wailord (replacement at Lilycove)
- Grumpig

Have fun giving me creative/rewarding challenges!
Take Disciple the Exploud
- Disciple has been traveling around the world trying to learn all sorts of moves on his adventures. Thanks to his love for crazy and random moves, he has started to hate his old moves. As a part of his goal to become the best Exploud there ever was, he has decided to only learn moves taught by tutors and some occasional TMs. Because of this, Disciple will only learn moves that from tms and tutors
- Disciple is also insatiably hungry for new moves, and will demand to learn new moves by tm, tutor, or hm every time you beat an important boss with using it. If you don't have enough tms for it, then it will refuse to battle until you replace 2 of its moves
-
Disciple takes it out of his day to ensure that he faces strong pokemon on his quest, and he wants to do it in stride. To achieve that dream, he must solo at least two pokemon from each type in the game.
- At the start of his journey with you, you will encounter Roxanne whom Disciple has a deep hatred for. As a result, Disciple and Roxanne will duke it out in a school house fight. Of course, a lot of school fights cause great Uproars,and Astonish many who see them.(Those two moves are the only moves you can use in the solo)
- Disciple also hates all ignorant fools. Because of this, he will solo any Team Aqua grunts, and their leader Archie, because of this hatred. He can fight Team Magma, but he doesn't want to since Maxie has a P.h.d
Optional: Disciple has always wanted respect, and he can gain it if he solos one of the battle spots right next to any of the towns( Forgot what those are called lol) If he manages to accomplish that feat, then you must change his name from Disciple to Apprentice. If you solo another one of those, then you can change the name from Apprentice to Master

Hey you guys ^^

Since I do not want to wait another two weeks two start my Crystal-Scramble challenge and since my usual playthroughs only include four to five Pokemon anyway (makes grinding a lot less tedious), I will wait for only one more Pokemon.

As a reminder:
- Medium-Hard Difficulty
- No trade-evos
- No further restrictions, I already have a surfer and dont need a flyer

I would enjoy a Starter or another Pokemon that I can catch before Falkner since my earliest member at this point is Plebeian the Slowpoke right before Bugsy. But this isnt a necessity though.

Here are the restrictions for my other team members:

-Always hold Amulet Coin
-Solo every Pokemon with "King" or "Queen" in their evo-line and do not evolve till it dethroned 30 of those Pokemon in Trainer-Battles.

- When Kofflette levels up, shift the Self-Destruct attack down by however many times the last digit on your Trainer ID specifies.
- If a Kofflette dies in battle via Self-Destruct, get immeadiately another one. There are 9 Kofflettes in total.
- Must hold Blackbelt

3. NewSnorlax the Sudowoodo!
- Can only be used for one hour per day.
- Cant hold Items and I cant use Items on him.
- Must learn Rest and Snore.
- Must solo every Snorlax.

Last edited:
Take Gwen the Girafarig

Here are the rules:

-Cant use healing items on Gwen except full restores and max revives
-Make her hold a nugget
-Eats any rare candies as soon as you pick them up. when caught she will eat all rare candies in your inventory.

Have fun with that spoiled girl
The item restriction feels like a tedious run-back-to-the-center-mon, but I'll take it. Accepted!

Blue Bat is smart enough to know better than mess with a Psychic type, so he'll let Gwen have half the bluetiful Rare Candies.

The item restriction feels like a tedious run-back-to-the-center-mon, but I'll take it. Accepted!

Blue Bat is smart enough to know better than mess with a Psychic type, so he'll let Gwen have half the bluetiful Rare Candies.
Aaaah, sorry, forgot about blue bat since the restriction doesnt directly mention rare candies.
Also: rare candies themselfes are not blue. The paper they are wrapped in is.

Hey you guys ^^

Since I do not want to wait another two weeks two start my Crystal-Scramble challenge and since my usual playthroughs only include four to five Pokemon anyway (makes grinding a lot less tedious), I will wait for only one more Pokemon.

As a reminder:
- Medium-Hard Difficulty
- No trade-evos

I would enjoy a Starter or another Pokemon that I can catch before Falkner since my earliest member at this point is Plebeian the Slowpoke right before Bugsy. But this isnt a necessity though.

-Always hold Amulet Coin

- Must hold Blackbelt

Yo, if you want. I can give you a another mon.

I present to you: PINKDEMON, the Clefairy
restrictions:

-PINKDEMON is totally into Martial Arts and will beg you to teach it Mega Punch (TM01 @ Mt Moon) and Mega Kick (TM05 @ Celadon Department Store)
-It considers itself not worthy of Evolution and will reject any Moon Stones, until its Punches and/or Kicks are strong enough to break the hardest of Rocks (Defeat a Onix by only using PINKDEMONs "Mega-Attacks")
-In order to gain the respect of any Martial Artist around, it will forcefully switch itself in whenever you are fighting a Blackbelt or Bruno and will not be allowed to switch-out.

I hope its not to difficult ^^
You can still teach it Psychic, of course.
Thanks! I'll take it.

My First Ever Scramble Challenge - Pokemon Platinum
See here for Pokemon

And so the journey begins! I'm so... excited?

Game starts, Professor ramblings and stuff, name my (male) character "YB" (usually go with Yoshi or my real name, but might as well change it up) using the definitely new, unique, and innovative D S T O U C H S C R E E N (Wish I even knew what Pokemon was back then). Name my rival Bowler, named after my friend BowlerSSF2, who's one of the most successful Smash Flash 2 YouTubers, recently hitting 10k subs,and was kind of my rival when I played SSF2 competitively.

The early part is kinda pointless since I wasn't given a starter (honestly forgot to ask for one lol), just know that I picked Piplup, which gives me a good matchup there versus Bowler's ace, allowing Bananasaur, Pride, or Bellhop to destroy Torterra. Plus, it gets Defog and Cut. Oh, and before that, Professor Rowan stopped Bowler from being torn to shreds by very scary Bidoofs.

TERRIFYING

Kricketots I ran into before getting Poke Balls: 2

Alright, finally got some Poke Balls, time to begin my suffering...
I'm telling you right now, I don't expect much from Cricothoven util the 40s when it gets Perish Song, but hopefully me being inevitably overleveled as heck will be enough to carry me until I can get Bellhop. Well, not quite. I'm just hoping that on my way back to tell my mom about my adventuring, I don't run into any Kricketots so I might get a higher level one after the catching tutorial....

Yeah, literally the first PokemonI run into is a Kricketot, so there goes that. He is Level 3, though, so could've been worse. Anyways, I caught the little guy and now our journey really begins!

Cricthoven has a Gentle Nature, which isn't great considering the fact that with my slightly-modified-to-make-early-game-actually-doable-restriction, it has to click Bide a lot. Could've been worse, though.

And now, for Cricthoven's first battle! An epic duel with... a wild Level 3 Shinx.
Growl -> 2 Bides and 1 Potion used as the Shinx spams Tackle wins it for your hero... we're gonna have a great time, ladies and gents...

Oh, and in his 3rd battle, he already fainted to a Bidoof because I didn't want to waste Potions. Great.

Now for his first Trainer battle, he's just level 4 up against a level 5 Starly, but he'll be fine, right?
Well, a crit Quick Attack literally OHKOs, so as you can see, this went very well as it just took me, oh, idk, FIVE TRIES. This is literally the first trainer. Help me.

Hey look, this third trainer I'm facing has a Burmy! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to honey... Wait a minute, Burmy doesn't have any attacking moves at level 10. Hey, something I can actually beat with just Growl!... Is what I would say if this man wasn't a hacker and has Tackle already. Whatever, still only took 1 try. First route went well enough, getting Cricthoven up to Level 8 already with only the first 2 battles taking more than 2 tries, which is nice.

Enter Jubilife City, meet Looker, who's just delightful, and then we head into the Trainer School for some training and probably more resets.

Gave Bowler his stuff from his mom, he runs off, like always, and then we battle these two children and... Cricthoven actually more than holds his own, not fainting once. Impressive.

We start the Poketch promotional campaign thing, with the first clown telling me about growing through Exp. and evolution and stuff. With a Level 9 Kricketot, this is actually relevant information, so that's nice.

Now, we head left and face our biggest test so far: Bowler.
He leads with Starly, Cricthoven's destined rival, who, after spamming Growl for a little bit, is 3HKOed by Bide, so that goal was met easily. Turtwig's next, which just spams Withdraw for no good reason until he gets to +6. Then, entirely because he got a crit Tackle, Cricthoven is able to Bide twice to easily defeat Turtwig! That went extraordinarily well for a Kricketot and for my trouble...

"What?
Cricthoven is evolving!
Congratulations, Your Cricthoven evolved into Kricketune!
Cricthoven learned Fury Cutter!"

That's pretty exciting, might mean that I can use less Potions and also I can do damage now!.... To Soundproof mons, that is. Anyways, this is a good point to end part 1 at, now that we have taken down Bowler for the first time.
Caught:

Level: 10
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Fury Cutter
Has actually surprised me so far. After those first two dreadful battles, Cricthoven has really held his own thanks to the mighty Bide. Not much else to say. Let's see if we can carry this into our first Gym badge.

If there's any objection to me using Bide, I can restart.

Not Caught:

Alright, part 2, here we go.
I start off by going to left just to see what's there and I find an Z Accuracy. Interesting... I also got an Old Rod, as if that matters.

I explored as much of Jubilfe City as I could, coming aay with a Quick Claw (which will be nice for Bellhop or Bananasaur) and some information about evolution despite the fact that I already have an evolved Pokemon.

And now, as I head north for a couple seconds, I accidentally get in Cicthoven's first battle as a Kricketune! After a few turns, Cricthoven easily handled a Level 7 Shinx. I know I was 3 levels higher and it was a Shinx, but dang I can feel the difference in bulk.

And, I enter a dilemma.
You see, I ran into this trainer to the east that had a Kricketot.
Kricketot only has Growl and Bide.
I am only allowed to use Growl and Bide (Fury Cutter is reserved for Soundproof mons only)
You see the problem here?
And what's worse is that he has a second Pokemon, too.
So, basically, cue a huge PP stalling battle.
What's worse is that using an item that has no effect doesn't use up your turn in this gen.... thank goodness Pokeballs do, though. And so, after more 70 or so turns and being reminded to not be a thief a ton of times, the Kricketot finally starts Struggle itself to death, and I successfully beat something by only using Growl (and a bunch of blocked Pokeballs). Now we have problem #2: Supersonic Zubat. With Bide being a 3 turn move, it's basically impossible to use, so I basically had to PP Stall again. And after all of that, this trainer is finally gone. By the way, that was an OPTIONAL trainer. Sigh...

This wasn't the last time I had to PP Stall a trainer, too, as Kricketune is so bulky with Growl that I ran out versus a trainer with 4 Level 4 Pokemon. I ran out of PP against their 3rd Pokemon, Starly, and thank goodness that their last Pokemon was just an Abra.

For my trouble, I was able to get myself an X Defend, which was somewhat useful I suppose, and entry into Oreburgh Gate. A nice Hiker guy gives me HM06 Rock Smash, which I wish I could teach to Kricktune so much right now.

"Cricthoven learned Leech Life!"
;~;

With that, we enter Oreburgh City and even have access to Route 207. The latter is only relevant as I decided to catch a Geodude to show a guy in building (getting a Heal Ball..) and to teach Rock Smash.

After exploring Oreburgh City, which was admittedly uneventful, I headed into the mine to go get the Gym Leader and start my suffering. Upon entering, I got a Super Potion which is sooooooo great, as Potions are starting to not cut it anymore. After some battles, I ran into the Gym Leader, Roark, who shows me how to Smash rocks. Wish I could do that in battle, but hey, now we can actually battle the Gym Leader.

Ah, the gym, probably the hardest thing I'll have to do until Cynthia, probably. Even with Bide, Rock-types hit REALLY hard, even after a Growl or two.

The trainers went down easily enough, surprisingly, though Defense Curl was annoying for Bide. After this, I was at only Level 16, two away from Sing, which might bea problem, though honestly, I have faith in Growl + Bide.

And now, for Roark...
"I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokemon that battle with you!"
Yeah, you can say that again.

Attempt 1:
I force-Growl, he thankfully Stealth Rocks. Then, I decide to use an X Defend for extra assurance as he Rock Throws. I Bide up as he spams Rock Throw, but he misses one of his Rock Throws, which is killer. I heal up and Bide up again as he only hits 1/2 once again, this time to my favor.

Onix comes out, I Growl as per requirement as he immediately Rock Throws, which does very little as Onix is quite weak (X Defend comin' through). Onix survives the first Bide and gets Potioned up... and that's when he pulls out Screech... Now, I'm forced to use my Super Potion earlier that I wanted to just to beat Onix.

Cranidos comes out as I Potion up. And Headbutt does way too much. I Growl as he chokes by using Pursuit. I Potion up as he of course gets a crit on Headbutt...

Attempts 2-3:
I Growl and he thankfully Stealth Rocks again and this time immediately click Bide, but of course he gets a crit Rock Throw and 2HKOs.

Attempt 4:
VS Geodude
Growl - Stealth Rock
Bide - Rock Throw
Bide2 - Rock Throw miss
Bide3 - Actually Lucky Rock Throw miss
Bide - Potion
Bide2 - Rock Throw
Bide3 KOs Geodude.

VS Onix
I Growl as he Rock Throws before I heal for a few turns. I Bide and after 2 Rock Throws, I OHKO Onix and grow to Level 17.

VS Cranidos
I Super Potion as he gets a crit Headbutt, ruining that. I Growl before healing with regular Potions. I actually get a Bide off before he gets another lucky crit and KOs.

Attempt 5:
VS Geodude
Growl - Rocks
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws

VS Onix
Potion - Rock Throw
Growl - Rock Throw
Potion - Rock Throw
Bide OHKOs after 2 Rock Throws (Level 17!)

VS Cranidos
Potion - Crit Headbutt
Super Potion - Headbutt
Growl - Leer
I Bide at the wrong time as he spams Leer

*Skipping ahead*

Attempt 9:
Onix and Geodude went the same as Attempt 5 more or less

VS Cranidos (I forgot how it exactly went, but it was something like this)
I healed up before using Growl followed by Bide. Bide doesn't quite kill, letting Roark use a Potion. I healed up as well (I think I used my X Defend and another Growl somewhere in here), before using Bide 1 more time and barely winning. During this, the only move he used was Headbutt.

FINALLY, WE WON.
I'm not going to say that I hate you for making me use a Kricketune without Leech Life to beat Roark, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at all mad.

"This is embarrassing..." Oh shut up...

"YB received the Coal Badge from Roark!" Well earned, though honestly I had it on Attempt 1 before crits happened. I also got TM76 Stealth Rock, which might be useful honestly.

Well, we'll end it off here. After finally defeating the Gym Leader, we can finally continue with the days of solo Kricketune being numbered.

Caught:

Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Leech Life
- Fury Cutter

Yeah, Cricthoven's bulk honestly hurt more than it helps. Having to use Growl first every battle mde Cricthoven more prone to either having to PP Stall in long battle, or in the case of the Gym, being just bulky enough to not OHKO the Gym Leader's Pokemon after 1 or Rock Throws/Headbutts but not being bulky enough to take 5 without having to heal 2-3 times. The Gym was very annoying because of this and Roark's extremely timely luck. Still better than what I could expect from a Kricketune, but not as impressed as before (though maybe Sing would've helped).

Not Caught:

Well now that the painful trek to get the badge is over, I can finally continue on with my newly usable Rock Smash on HM Geodude.

Bowler interrupts me to my surprise, but luckily for me all he wanted to do was tell me about Eterna City. Believe me, I want to get there much more than you do, buddy.

Before getting to Route 204, I decided to explore as much of Oreburgh Gate as I could at the moment, coming away with TM70 Flash (bleh) and a Big Pearl (cool).

As I entered Jubilife City, Looker confronted me with a warning to watch out for shady individuals, which has me wondering, what do shady individuals look like? Hmm, they might a bowl cut... with teal hair... kinda dress like astronauts... eh, who am I kidding... Oh, would you look at that, shady men with bowl cuts, teal hair, and space outfits are harassing Dawn and Rowan. I guess it was just a lucky guess, eh? Rowan gives them some lip because Rowan is awesome, but I still had to fight them off for him with Dawn. It's not like you have that Chimchar that Dawn doesn't own and Bowler & I didn't pick, but whatever, as Cricthoven just ate hits while Dawn's Chimchar did damage.

Not much happened on the bottom part Route 204, except that one of the trainers I skipped earlier had a Magikarp that I had to PP Stall, which also got me to Level 18 and Sing. There was also TM39 Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path, but all that did was make me sad that I an teach it to my future Cranidos. Maybe if I get Wormadam-Sandy... Oh, and 1 trainer on the top part of Route 204 asked me if I was using different types of Pokemon. Yeah, I wish.

By the way, I really hate facing Budews and Leech Seed Cherubi, the latter of which is actually almost impossible to beat. Full disclosure, I had to stall out Leech Seed repeatedly switching because if I stayed in, I'd run out of healing items before successfully stalling out Cherubi and would be guaranteed to lose (Don't worry though, I didn't attack Cherubi with Piplup or Geodude). There was also a double battle, which was a bit weird considering I only had 1 Scramblemon at this point.

After a pretty tedious top part of Route 204, I entered Floaroma Town, and oh how I wish it was Eterna City at this point. I got the TM88 Pluck (bleh) and some berries before I was on my as you can't quite get Honey yet.

Next was Team Galactic, and EWWWWW HYPNOSIS GLAMEOWS
I just want Bronzor already ;~;

I got through the Grunt stationed at Valley Windworks okay-ish, but that's just a sign for things to come and I don't like that at all. Next were the Floaroma Meadow goons, who had an annoying Stunky with Screech and Poison Gas that took way too many attempts (Read: more than 1) to beat, and the second grunt you can't heal before had 2 dumb Zubats, the second of which I had to PP Stall as I have to sit there I wonder what I was doing with my life and why Fury Cutter had to restricted to Soundproof mons.

I got Honey for this, so I GUESS that getting my second mon is a silver lining.... in at least 6 hours. Why does the Honey mechanic exist? Why can't Sinnoh trees be cool like Headbutt Trees in Johto?... Oh, I also got the Works Key, if anyone cares.

I slathered up the dream outside of Valley Windworks before heading in. One annoying Zubat and now Commander time (I skipped a trainer) and this probably won't go well since she leads with Zubat....WITH TOXIC

Yeah, this took multiple attempts

Oh, not to mention, she has Purugly.

Full Disclosure, I had to cheat by using Fury Cutter on Zubat as using only Bide, Growl, and Sing made is impossible to win without literally hoping that she missed every single Toxic she had, which was never going to happen. Zubat took 5 or 6 tries to beat, and after that Purugly was actually a piece of cake.

At the end of the day, I defeated Mars and I cannot wait to get Pride or Belhop, I'm getting quite tired of dealing with Supersonic, poison, Leech Seed, PP stalling Budews, and all of the rest. Though maybe I'm overreacting, I mean, this is my first scramble, so...

Anyway, I'm stopping here because:
a) Eterna Forest would be nice to train a Burmy in if I get it first try,
b) I'm mad,
and
c) I have school tomorrow and need sleep.

See you next time and sorry for all of the NaCl...

Oh, Looker showed up again... this was all worth it, for Looker, right?

Caught:

Level: 20
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter

*unrelenting screams of agony*

Not Caught:

That's a horrible title for this part.

Anyway, if you couldn't guess from the title, after a couple days, the honey (on the Floaroma Meadow tree I didn't originally know existed) finally attracted a Burmy. After putting it to sleep, I caught it quite easily in a Dusk Ball, getting Pride on the squad!

Pride is a girl, so she will evolve into one of the Wormadams. Currently, I'm planning on evolving it into Sandy Cloak, but we'll see. And who knows, it might just evolve before we;re done since Eterna Forest is just up ahead. Burmy isn't spectacular, but with a lucky Relaxed nature and the ability to freely attack, this little miss is a life saver right now.

Pride's first battle is against a Ponyt- wait, no. I did scout with Protect. It definitely had Ember. This battle against a Picnicker actually took 2 attempts because Cricthoven got burned and I forgot to stock up on Potions. The next trainer was a Hiker, so gonna have to wait a little longer.

Pride's first real battle came against a Level 14 Roselia. Roselia literally Growth'd up to +6 and almost OHKO'd with Mega Drain. Tackle was like a 900HKO. Obviously I let Cricthoven handle that one. At least Pride grew to level 13 on that.

As a matter of a fact, Pride really can't hold her own yet. Like, at all. So, Cricthoven still has to do everything pretty much. You know what that means... Biding... PP Stalling... yay....

After a couple more battles
"Cricthoven wants to learn Focus Energy!"
Nope.

Later on, Cricthoven actually fell to an Onix because it got a lucky crit on a Rock Throw. Pride came out and through sheer luck, she was actually able to Tackle it down! I don't know why the AI didn't use Rock Throw, it just didn't. But hey, it got Pride another level, and I'll take that any day.

So after the long trek through Route 205, we FINALLY make it to Eterna Forest and meet this nice green girl. I've been looking forward to this so much as Cheryl means that I won't have to go to the Pokemon Center 93 times in a row, which is more than great, lemme tell ya.

A Bug Catcher told me how great Bug Pokemon were. I mean, I've been frustrated a lot, but I don't think you really need to tell me how good Bugs can be looking at my team...

The first battle is a forced double battle that includes a Bug Catcher, which is good news for me, so I have to hope that Pride can handle herself, though she has Cheryl to fall back on. Just 1 Problem...

The Bug Catcher has a Beautifly.

So, that was a lost cause, so after my 5th or so attempt, I decided to grind to Level 15 to get Bug Bite, though I knew that even if I grinded to level 25, that Beautifly would be impossible to beat. I had to give up on it as Gust is a near OHKO, so there was really nothing I could do about that.

A little bit into the forest now, not 1 Bug Catcher has been soloed and Pride is already level 17. That worries me. Immensely. Luckily, after a pair of Psychics, I faced aa pair of Bug Catchers. I hoped for something not named Beautifly. The first one only had Burmies, so easy money there. 1 solo down, 9 to go. The 2nd, however, had a Dustox. sigh This won't go well... It didn't. In 2 attempts, I got extremely close, but it was clear that it was not happening. So, I grinded from 17 to 19 and tried again:
Against the Bug Catcher's Wurmple, it was an easy 2HKO and I only took 1 damage from Poison Sting. Next was Dustox. I spammed the heck out of Bug Bite while Dustox used a combination of Gust, Poison Sting, and Tackle. After a big back and forth, Pride survived the battle with just 1 HP. Next came Cascoon. Bug Bite was a 3HKO, but all it had to do was click its one attacking move out of 3 moves... Turn 1, Bug Bite VS Harden... Turn 2, Bug Bite VS String Shot miss, Turn 3 Bug Bite KOS! That took too long, but I don't care, 2 down! And that is, unfortunately, the last Bug Catcher in Eterna Forest, so I won't even have a Wormadam before the Gym it looks like.

Due to a wild battle with a Dustox...
"Pride grew to level 20!
Pride learned Hidden Power!
What? Pride is evolving!
Huh? Pride stopped evolving!"

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do that a lot...

As I continued through the last part of the forest, I narrowed down the possible type of Burmy's Hidden Power to Fire, as it was super effective on a wild Budew, not very effective on a wild Psyduck, and super effective on a Kricketot. This is really exciting as Bug Bite honetly hits like a truck and fire covers for a Steel-types, which could be important later.

After that ended my trek through Eterna Forest. TheBug Catcher battles were terrible, though the rest was pretty much fine, I guess. And Pride really held her own after getting a boost in those min-grinds, I'm actually kinda excited to see how she does.

After soloing some Fisherman, we arrive in Eterna City, and that's where we'll end it. I've realized that getting a Wormadam will be way more difficult than I initially thought, but hey, at least for now, I have a powerhouse "tank" in Burmy and the power of Bide in Kricketune. I'm surprisingly optimistic, really.

Caught:

Pride (Burmy-Sandy) (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 21
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Tackle
- Bug Bite
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Bug Catcher Solos: 2/10
*Beat all Kricketots, Kricketunes, Bronzors, Bronzongs, Cranidos, Rampardos, Happinies, Chanseys, Blisseys, and Tropiuses
*Solo Aaron
*Can't use non-held items (Solo future Mars battles to remove)
Move - Team Member - Learned? - Method of Learning
Bug Bite - Kricketune (Kricketot) - No - Level-Up
Sunny Day - Bronzong - No - TM11
Rain Dance - Bronzong - No - TM18
Tackle - Bronzong - Yes - Level-Up
Confusion - Bronzong - No - Level-Up
Safeguard - Bronzong - No - TM20
Endeavor - Rampardos - No - Tutor
Natural Gift - Tropius - No - TM83

After a horribly rough start, after failing the 1st solo, Pride has held her own so well, espeically against the Dustox trainer. She did need grinding to get here, but honestly, this is way more that I could've expected from a Burmy, and she almost didn't even need to be grinded up. Definitely not the cleanest run so far, but at the very least, the next Gym should be a piece of cake with Pride here.

Level: 22
Gentle Nature
- Growl
- Sing
- Fury Cutter
*Attempt to beat Bowler's Starly: (1-0)
*Holds Metronome

He did a good job preparing Pride for Eterna Forest and covering for her against the Beautifly, but after that I didn't use Cricthoven at all, as Pride nearly soloed Eterna Forest, so not much to say here.

Not Caught:

Part 4 is up

I just got Yellow on my 3DS, and I'd like to do a Scramble challenge.

Game: Yellow
Trading: No
Difficulty: Medium
Other: I'd like to use at least one starter.

Thanks!
Take Ellen, the ghosthunting Butterfree

-Must solo every Exorcist, the undead Marowak and Agatha
-You cannot store the silph-scope in your pc
-Ellen cannot learn normal type damaging moves, since they cant hit ghost types

Those are probably enough restrictions, Butterfree isnt particularly good anyways.
Now thank me for saving you from brock.

Hey you guys ^^

As a reminder:
- Medium-Hard Difficulty
- No trade-evos

-Always hold Amulet Coin

- Must hold Blackbelt

Hmm, well I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to get 4 mons
But anyway, take PARTY4EVA the Drowzee

Ever since he was a young drowzee, he has always wanted to party for life with the big boys. But being a drowzee,everyone avoids him because of those false rumors about his evolution Hypno. So he joins you party for the high life, and will expect that you provide
- Drowzee likes to party, and he wants everybody along with him to do so as well. Everytime, he goes out to battle, he will hand out obligatory drinks( potions) to everyone till they can’t drink any more
- One of his fantasies about partying, is getting stoned. But fortunately for him and you, he doesn’t actually know what that means. But that doesn’t stop him from trying to find out. To do so, he will solo every rock type to find out the meaning. He will also be the only Pokémon out in front when you catch NewSnorlax
- That being said, he has heard of Morty, and how he is one of the most famous people of the party. To find out about what’s up with him, he will want to solo him. ( look at his sprite if you want to know what I am on about)
- However, he has a deep hatred for party poopers, and if any opposing Pokémon happens to faint two of your own, then he will come out and fight it. ( unless it is a solo)

Now that I finished, someone else please give him another Pokémon so he can start

Hmm, well I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to get 4 mons
But anyway, take PARTY4EVA the Drowzee

Ever since he was a young drowzee, he has always wanted to party for life with the big boys. But being a drowzee,everyone avoids him because of those false rumors about his evolution Hypno. So he joins you party for the high life, and will expect that you provide
- Drowzee likes to party, and he wants everybody along with him to do so as well. Everytime, he goes out to battle, he will hand out obligatory drinks( potions) to everyone till they can’t drink any more
- One of his fantasies about partying, is getting stoned. But fortunately for him and you, he doesn’t actually know what that means. But that doesn’t stop him from trying to find out. To do so, he will solo every rock type to find out the meaning. He will also be the only Pokémon out in front when you catch NewSnorlax
- That being said, he has heard of Morty, and how he is one of the most famous people of the party. To find out about what’s up with him, he will want to solo him. ( look at his sprite if you want to know what I am on about)
- However, he has a deep hatred for party poopers, and if any opposing Pokémon happens to faint two of your own, then he will come out and fight it. ( unless it is a solo)

Now that I finished, someone else please give him another Pokémon so he can start
Awesome! Thank you for the Hypno!

Chapter 7: Lysandre Hates his Mascot (aka the most painful chapter in this series)

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I am turning on SWITCH mode only for Insanity's solos. I will not use SWITCH mode in any other circumstance.

So this chapter was particularly painful, and I'm not gonna write much about it. One, I want to forget about it as quickly as possible, and two, y'all probably don't want to read me talking about each individual Team Flare member. Because Team Flare has lots of Dark Types, and since I'm going to be running back to the Pokemon Center all of the time anyways, I give Insanity Focus Blast. Since I backtrack all the time in this episode, the low PP doesn't matter.

So I may or may not have forgotten how early in this episode I had to fight Lysandre, so with almost 0 preparation, time to see how Burniate does!

Because I have to waste a turn, Burniate stands no chance against Meinfoo, who 1HKO's with HJK. I could cheese Meinfoo by switching into King Arthur for recoil, but thats against the spirit of the challenge, so time to heal back up.
Luckily, Incinerate is a 2HKO, so I just have to waste a few Revives, and we're good.
Gyarados is a different story. Because i definitely can't 2HKO, I have to interchangeably use Noble Roar and Revives, but once Gyarados is at -6, I am able to use Potions while spamming Work Up. Once Burniate is at +6, Incinerate is a 3HKO, and once Gyarados is down, +6 Incinerate rolls through the last 2 pokemon.

Good Job Burniate! Now do that 2 more times.

But before that, we have to go through lots of Admins, Grunts, and Scientists! woo.

The non-Dark pokemon don't need mentioning, but the Dark Types are where the problem lie.

With Insanity only having 1 damaging move with 70% accuracy, and needing to use Rain Dance, this takes a while. Oh right, the random move thing also exists.

Instead of going over the fights, Ill just list out best to worst scenario.

Best case scenario (which actually happened a few times): Insanity uses Rain Dance, opponent uses Taunt, and since the only move left is Focus Blast, random moves don't matter. Woohoo!

Almost Best case scenario: Opponent uses a non-damaging move thats not Taunt, and I either use Focus Blast or confuse/parahax.

Not as Good scenario: Opponent uses a contact move, Insanity must switch out, another pokemon must faint, but Insanity rolls high and Focus Blasts the opponent.

Unfortunately, the Worst Case Scenario happens against one of the Scientists: Insanity must switch, and both random moves call Rain Dance, which means I have to let 3 pokemon faint in order to bring Insanity out enough times. Luckily, because the opponent used Roar, I can use Wall as fodder, which means that I don't trigger any death penalties.

With that said, Lysandre Labs is basically me running into lots of trainers, and ending up with one of the above scenarios for each one.
At the end of all this, we bump into AZ, and now it's time to go to Geosenge town! and do the same thing yay

We battle Lysandre for the second time, and it goes exactly the way the first one did. Incinerate was not a guaranteed 2HKO on Meinshao, but Burniate rolls high on the damage twice, so everything is the same.

Most of this part is much easier, with Calem as a Multi-Battle partner, sometimes he will kill the Dark type before all the BS happens. Unfortunately, in the bottom chamber, we have to fight 5 Admins in a row. This goes ok, but Focus Blast runs out of PP, and I am out of PP restoring items, and don't particularly feel like going back to a Pokemon Center.

I do, in the spirit of the challenge, try to solo Yveltal with only Confuse Ray, but after failing twice I give up and throw the Master Ball. I can at least say I tried though.

Now, time to fight Lysandre AGAIN! HUZZAH

This fight goes a bit differently, since Gyarados is now the 4th pokemon instead of the 2nd. This makes most of the fight a bit easier, but Mega Gyarados is a pain. However, it is at this exact moment that I remember that Water types can indeed get burned. IDK why i thought they couldn't, but I did. With that, I shift to using Fire Fang instead of Incinerate, and after a few Revives, I get a lucky burn. Now, it's time to just stall out, and as a mark of pride/principle, i make sure Burniate is active the turn Gyarados. Take that!

Lysandre pushes the button of doom, and most of Geosenge goes bye-bye, but it’s ok, because we are done with Team Flare! Next episode we (hopefully) get our 8th badge!

Because this episode was almost all solos, no team update for now. Just gonna say that Burniate has the potential to be a great setup sweeper, and my Insano-Meter has officially hit 10. See you on the flip side!

Chapter 7: Lysandre Hates his Mascot (aka the most painful chapter in this series)

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I am turning on SWITCH mode only for Insanity's solos. I will not use SWITCH mode in any other circumstance.

So this chapter was particularly painful, and I'm not gonna write much about it. One, I want to forget about it as quickly as possible, and two, y'all probably don't want to read me talking about each individual Team Flare member. Because Team Flare has lots of Dark Types, and since I'm going to be running back to the Pokemon Center all of the time anyways, I give Insanity Focus Blast. Since I backtrack all the time in this episode, the low PP doesn't matter.

So I may or may not have forgotten how early in this episode I had to fight Lysandre, so with almost 0 preparation, time to see how Burniate does!

Because I have to waste a turn, Burniate stands no chance against Meinfoo, who 1HKO's with HJK. I could cheese Meinfoo by switching into King Arthur for recoil, but thats against the spirit of the challenge, so time to heal back up.
Luckily, Incinerate is a 2HKO, so I just have to waste a few Revives, and we're good.
Gyarados is a different story. Because i definitely can't 2HKO, I have to interchangeably use Noble Roar and Revives, but once Gyarados is at -6, I am able to use Potions while spamming Work Up. Once Burniate is at +6, Incinerate is a 3HKO, and once Gyarados is down, +6 Incinerate rolls through the last 2 pokemon.

Good Job Burniate! Now do that 2 more times.

But before that, we have to go through lots of Admins, Grunts, and Scientists! woo.

The non-Dark pokemon don't need mentioning, but the Dark Types are where the problem lie.

With Insanity only having 1 damaging move with 70% accuracy, and needing to use Rain Dance, this takes a while. Oh right, the random move thing also exists.

Instead of going over the fights, Ill just list out best to worst scenario.

Best case scenario (which actually happened a few times): Insanity uses Rain Dance, opponent uses Taunt, and since the only move left is Focus Blast, random moves don't matter. Woohoo!

Almost Best case scenario: Opponent uses a non-damaging move thats not Taunt, and I either use Focus Blast or confuse/parahax.

Not as Good scenario: Opponent uses a contact move, Insanity must switch out, another pokemon must faint, but Insanity rolls high and Focus Blasts the opponent.

Unfortunately, the Worst Case Scenario happens against one of the Scientists: Insanity must switch, and both random moves call Rain Dance, which means I have to let 3 pokemon faint in order to bring Insanity out enough times. Luckily, because the opponent used Roar, I can use Wall as fodder, which means that I don't trigger any death penalties.

With that said, Lysandre Labs is basically me running into lots of trainers, and ending up with one of the above scenarios for each one.
At the end of all this, we bump into AZ, and now it's time to go to Geosenge town! and do the same thing yay

We battle Lysandre for the second time, and it goes exactly the way the first one did. Incinerate was not a guaranteed 2HKO on Meinshao, but Burniate rolls high on the damage twice, so everything is the same.

Most of this part is much easier, with Calem as a Multi-Battle partner, sometimes he will kill the Dark type before all the BS happens. Unfortunately, in the bottom chamber, we have to fight 5 Admins in a row. This goes ok, but Focus Blast runs out of PP, and I am out of PP restoring items, and don't particularly feel like going back to a Pokemon Center.

I do, in the spirit of the challenge, try to solo Yveltal with only Confuse Ray, but after failing twice I give up and throw the Master Ball. I can at least say I tried though.

Now, time to fight Lysandre AGAIN! HUZZAH

This fight goes a bit differently, since Gyarados is now the 4th pokemon instead of the 2nd. This makes most of the fight a bit easier, but Mega Gyarados is a pain. However, it is at this exact moment that I remember that Water types can indeed get burned. IDK why i thought they couldn't, but I did. With that, I shift to using Fire Fang instead of Incinerate, and after a few Revives, I get a lucky burn. Now, it's time to just stall out, and as a mark of pride/principle, i make sure Burniate is active the turn Gyarados. Take that!

Lysandre pushes the button of doom, and most of Geosenge goes bye-bye, but it’s ok, because we are done with Team Flare! Next episode we (hopefully) get our 8th badge!

Because this episode was almost all solos, no team update for now. Just gonna say that Burniate has the potential to be a great setup sweeper, and my Insano-Meter has officially hit 10. See you on the flip side!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)