Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving for TyranitarPhantom.

Tyranitar, for your wild card, take ZAPPA the Zangoose!

This Zangoose knows the power of Thunder, and wants to abuse it. It must learn it and Rain Dance ASAP, and use Rain Dance when you come in once,and when you are going to switch Demigod in. It must solo Gorigan alongside Demigod, so that he will know that Thunder, not Earthquake+Protect, sharing, or friendship is the true power.

Have fun!

Can I get my starter (Cyndaquil or Totodile; the latter prefered), my dragon (Giratina, Dialga or Palkia), my Spiky Eared Pichu.

Wave, take a Dialga called SteelWrath. Editing now

Alright, as everyone knows HG is easily beatable by any decent Pokemon. A Dialga, with it's insane base stats and handy steel/dragon typing is pretty much one of the best Pokemon to beat the game on its own.

So I'm going to ruin it for you. Firstly, Dialga is given to you at level 1. So, you shall raise it to no more than level 35. If you want to exceed that, you may, but it will cost Dialga one moveslot for every five levels. So, up to 40 is three moves, 40-45 is two moves, 50 to 55 is one move, and any more is stupid.

Secondly, Dialga may never ever use a Dragon type move.

Thirdly, Dialga must be able to tank at least one super effective move. All it has to do it take the attack and survive it.

Lastly, for every item you use on Dialga, you must trash items worth P7500 or more. Dialga may never be healed at a Pokemon Center. If Dialga faints, one of your Pokemon aside from Dialga loses one moveslot permanently.

Okay, Gamer is accepted. Just one thing: The final restriction, switching out on an attack, I'm assuming this is just once (and will do so in a major battle).

Wrave, Take Trinket the Totodile

Do you know those gifts that nobody ever really wants? Well, your Totodile loves handing them out. Since you receive all your pokemon from someone else, I think it's only fair that you give something back: Teach Trinket Natural Gift from the Goldenrod Department Store and use it to OHKO a pokemon in every (free) gym battle. You may want to keep Leer around for this. Note that you can get the type berries by having your mom save up some cash for you (you should have received over 200 berries once you complete Kanto). I'm not sure, but if you accept less phone-numbers you may get more stuff.

Trinket also loves to receive stuff and can only learn moves that were actually given to you: All HM's are in this category (Waterfall is picked up, but eventually given to you), the Headbutt Tutor in Ilex forest and certain TM's like Iron Tail (given by Jasmine) are too. His first four moves (Scratch, Leer, Water Gun and Rage) are his natural moves and can be used for free. Trinket may evolve to Feraligatr after soloing a gymleader. Solo Janine in Kanto for good measure.

Have Fun!

Alright, Sage Chow, here I go.

Challenge:
Take a female Audino and name her Nurse Joy. (She is a hero)

This Audino, like Nurse Joy, spends all her time caring for and helping your other Pokémon.
Teach her Heal Pulse ASAP. She can never forget this move.

In double and triple battles, Nurse Joy cannot directly attack, as she is too busy supporting and caring for the Pokémon next to her.

Potions can never be used on Nurse Joy, nor any other kind of healing item except revives, as she doesn't want to waste valuable medical supplies.

Finally, pick a status, any status. (Poison, Burn, Sleep, or Paralysis)
This status killed Nurse Joy's entire family. (Man, that really doesn't make sense for sleep)
She is so terrified of it, that, if a member of your team contracts this status, Nurse Joy must switch in as you heal the afflicted team member of his/her status.
Once your team is healthy again, Joy must solo the foe who inflicted the status or die trying.

Special Gym Assignment:
In at least three gym battles, you must switch in Nurse Joy before using any potions, revives, or other healing-related items.

Final Challenge:
Nurse Joy gets confused by Caitlin of the Elite Four. (She also looks like a Nurse)
In this battle, Joy must switch in on one of Caitlin's injured pokes (less than half health) and heal it with Heal Pulse.

Feel free to make any suggestions for changes, I'm open to criticism.

Good luck, Sage Chow!

^Accepted, A very awesome challange, EndQuote. Alright, the next person may hand me a challange, rules are on page 80.

Tyranitarphantom: take BigFatHero the Spheal

What do big fat heroes do? They arrive in the nick of time with big fat guns. Whenever one of your pokemon is knocked out by a critical hit, send in Spheal and use his most powerful attack (factor types and STAB). Secondly, he must know Growl and Hail to act as a tank; big fat heroes tend to be hard to kill. To top things off he must win 10 battles while Hail is up for the majority of the turns. After 4 of these battles he may evolve to a Sealeo, after 9 of these battles he may evolve to a Walrein. If you manage to do the last one during a Snag or a Major Battle, you may replace Hail with something more useful.

Have Fun!

I'll give you another Pokemon Chow, gimme a second

Since Prof is going to take a while, I'm going to use mine as if it was following on from Audino.

For White, take your starter, Snivy.

This Snivy is a hero for two reasons: a) it's a Smugleaf. That's heroic. B) it's a Smugleaf who's not smug. That's how heroic he is.

This Snivy really doesn't like being better than everyone else. He does things the opposite way to what people think, in fact, he might do the contrary (joke intended). Snivy doesn't think that perversity is really necessary. He can use Leaf Storm just fine, thank you very much. And he can switch out afterwards because he's sure his teammates will help him out. Well, except Audino. He won't switch out to her. But he likes everyone else, so he'll switch to any of them, straight after using Leaf Storm (if he should ever use it, even as a Serperior).

He does somewhat admire Audino's selflessness, so he must let himself be healed by Audino (in any way, shape or form) just to prove he isn't completely against her. Just once though. No need to risk being healed by that HP EV giving machine more than once.

Snivy's gym assignment

Really, Snivy couldn't care less which gym he does this against, pick one and deal with it (you must pick before you get to that gym, and once you pick one be honest, you can't change it). All Snivy has to do is make damned sure that he leads the party and he has to make sure Audino doesn't have to do her job of healing the party. Because frankly he doesn't trust her with medicine anyways. He can get the other four party members to help him out on this one, because he's not as smug as the usual Smugleaf. Just don't let that nurse Pokemon do anything, and your gym assignment is done.

The final challenge

Show that you don't have to be smug to get through the E4 and Champion. Let your friends do the work, don't take it all on yourself. Let Snivy stay in the sixth slot of your party. And don't bring it out until at least 3 Pokemon have fainted. And if Audino is alive, don't let her heal Snivy (this and all other mentions of Audino healing basically mean if he gets statuses by the status you picked for Audino, you fail because she would have to switch in and heal Snivy's status...not good). Her medicine isn't to be trusted anyways. It's an Audino. It's good for HP EVs and nothing else. ;)

On, and call it UnSmugleaf. Evolve it ASAP, and when it reaches it's last form, you can rename it Jaroda just for the hell of it.

The 'not-so-smug-as-Smugleaf-but-still-quite-smug-enough' Snivy is accepted! I'm going to think hard about the gym challange, right now I'm leaning towards the Bug Gym and Poison.

EDIT: Ah with the edits I must reject the evolution part: Serperior has too high stats to be used before the E4. I'll evolve to Servine after the first gym assignment. I'm not sure if I can accept the not-use in the e-4 part: I might need it to set up Screens or something like that. Can I change it to can't attack, instead?

EDIT 2: Okay, that works for me. It's not the difficulty that was a problem, it was the teamwork aspect that was removed. This reconciles it a lot better. Of course your Audino restiction would have been respected regardless.

The next pokemon is up for grabs!

How about this, change it to only Servine not Serperior, and have it free to do whatever during the E4 (except be healed by Audino, as that nurse can't be trusted!) but stay in the sixth slot until you lose TWO party members against the Champion.

Slightly easier, but not by much. And yes, I changed it to lose two Pokemon instead of three because I feel like being nice. :)

Dialga challenge REJECTED. Level 35 is not going to get me anywhere and is waste of my time considering what I am going to go through to get it. The fact that I am going to lose moveslots is another reason.

Totodile accepted.

Yup! Treadshot is accepted, so go right ahead!

EDIT: BTW, here is a little summary of my Christmas Scamble. Nothing too serious. It was fun, but I kinda raced through in the end (as I predicted). Thank you all who gave me a challange for this one!

EDIT 2: I really like it! Steve Irwin is a good proper hero ;) The gym assignment is very cool too. If you want you could add a little restriction involving one of the previous pokemon, but this is definitely accepted.

Ok, take my life hero who is also my hero in his death: SteveIrwin the Sandile.

I'll edit soon.

Ok, here are the basic restrictions:
1). Because this great man was killed by an evil Stingray, ANY ray-like Pokemon cannot be in battle with this Sandile. If Sandile is your last poke when this happens, restart at your last save. If you have a non-fainted teammate, switch to it ASAP, as in NOW. If you have a revive and all of your team minus Sandile is fainted, restart at your last save because you will not have enough time to revive then switch.

2). Steve Irwin loved his dog in life and cannot bear to see her hurt. Sandile feels the same towards dog-like Pokemon. May not harm any dog-like Pokemon unless he is your last.

3). Solo any trained reptilian Pokemon you meet because Steve Irwin was the Crocodile Hunter!

4). Steve Irwin did his best not to directly harm any animals, so have him know 3 non-Attacking moves ASAP. His only offensive attack cannot be more than 70BP.

Gym challenges:

Steve Irwin needs some team support to take out that sorry excuse for a copy of him, Jeff Corwen: A.K.A. Clay. How do you do this? Simple:
1). Status all of his pokes with one of yours.
2). Lower their health by about 75% using two others.
3). Finish them off with SteveIrwin.

If SteveIrwin ever gets Para'd or Poisoned, heal him ASAP!! You cannot let him die like that again!! If you are Greater than 150 steps away from someone who can heal him, restart from your last save unless you can heal him yourself. I cannot bear to see him die again.

Evolve Sandile into Krokorok 20 levels above what it usually evolves at. If you manage to do what you did with Clay on a gym leader after him, you may have one non-attacking move replaced by a move of 50BP or less.

Have fun and good luck :D

@Sage Chow: thanks :)

Also, I will take your suggestion and have that Snivy be one of the two pokes that must deal 75% to Clay's team. If you accept, of course.

@Tyranitarphantom, for your late-game Pokemon, take a Venomoth named Timidity. As you may or may not know, Venomoth are a timid bunch, when was the last time you saw a wild one? Timidity is particularly scared of your other Pokemon (Maybe cause you attacked it while catching it <_<) and refuses to attack the same Pokemon as its teammate. Yes that also means if it uses a move that hits both of the opponent's Pokemon, your other Pokemon can't attack except for stat-boosting moves. In addition, Timidity prefers to stay away from its opponents during battle; it will obey your command if you tell it to use a direct contact move, but it will be so traumatized that it will refuse to attack on your next turn.

TyranitarPhantom, take a Jolteon named Demigod. It thinks that it is the son of Zeus because it can summon Thunderbolts. So, it must learn Thunder ASAP by TM and use it for a hit in every boss battle afterwards. It also must stay out for the entirety of the battle against Gorigan, to show off its awesomeness against an Earthquake+Protect spammer.

Have fun!

Wrave, go ahead and have the Giratina.

This Giratina must always hold the Griseous Orb, so that it will always be in Origin Forme. It's power is incredible, but in order to unlock it's full potential, it must compete in events where it's stats are flawless- Pokeathlon!

Initially, Giratina is only allowed to learn STAB moves, with a limit of 60 Base Power, and no TMs/HMs/Tutors.

In order to unlock further potential, it must complete certain Pokeathlon challanges:

Beat 2 "1st records" - unlock non-STAB moves
Beat 5 "1st records" - TMs/HMs/Tutors can now be used
Beat 8 "1st records" - move Base Power limit raised to 90
Beat all 10 "1st records" - Giratina may now be used for the Elite Four

I don't know if you plan to take this Challange all the way to Red, but if you do, further restrictions!

Beat 2 "Mastery Records" - Giratina may be used against Kanto Gym Leaders
Beat 5 "Mastery Records" - move Base Power limit removed (can now use any move)
Beat 8 "Mastery Records" - Giratina may now be used against Red
Beat all 10 "Mastery Records" - Optional. You've come this far, why not finish it?

Note that all of these are optional. Have fun! Pokeathlon as a whole was largely ignored by the fanbase, but it's really a lot of fun!

@gamer40000 Meditite was on my list of things not to assign. I also requested no repeating types. You can still have your reservation, though.

Still need 2 more for XD

TyranitarPhantom, you get "Whimsicott" the Hoppip!

Obviously, it's a cotton ball! Just because all of the cotton hasn't grown on it yet doesn't mean it's not a cottonball! To prove this, have this pokemon only know moves Cottonee and Whimsicott can learn to make it believe. To prove it's Prankster skills, as Infiltrator is just not as epic, it must use any non-attacking move whenever you send it out. Doesn't have to be done after the first. When your Hoppip finally realizes what it is once the thing becomes a Jumpluff, it suddenly realizes that Whimsicott is actually faster then it! If a foe outspeeds your Jumpluff and hits it(Somehow), then you must finish off that pokemon with your Jumpluff or else your Jumpluff becomes sad from such a realization and hides in the back of your party for 3 battles(Aka can't fight. Priority attacks also count). Poor Jumpluff, living life in the shadows of Whimsicott... Y'now, when the sun isn't out and everything.

Good luck, no solo's required. The stuff with this thing is probably hard enough.

Editing for Sage Chow now.

Sage chow, take Rincewind the Abra. In case you don't know, Rincewind is a character from the Discworld books. He is a failed wizard who is a coward and only knows one spell, but he always saves the day (usually by accident), but he's a hero anyway.

Okay, so Rincewind is a total coward and must run (i.e. Teleport), and never switch in, whenever he is in danger (hp under 50%). He always gets Steve Irwin to take his place in battle, because he is a True Hero. Also, since Rincewind barely even knows how to use spells, he may only use a special attack three times per gym badge obtained, ever (24 times total). Finally, since Rincewind never passed Unseen University to become a real wizard, he may never evolve into Alakazam.

Since I think I've been a litte too harsh so far, the gym challenge is easy. Rincewind must lead the party in the battle against Brycen, and must use Teleport at least once against each of Brycen's pokemon (because he is always terrified), and must teleport to each member of the party (to avoid battling as much as possible), but must land the final blow against his last pokemon because he is also secretly a True Hero. (teleport restrictions and hp restriction is lifted for this battle.)

I'm not sure if this is okay, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

@Professor Science: I wasn't sure whether to ask for another pokemon, but with three very similar grass types it might be nice to have something else on hand. I love Discworld and Rincewind is my hero too, so I'm going to accept!

Since I'm going to be rotating my team, some of the team restrictions might not work out when a relevant pokemon is absent. To solve this, I'm going to have Rincewind substitute when such a conflicting situation should arise (He's always getting himself in trouble). The major battle restrictions will determine the roster for the gym battles. He might be forced to skip the E4, but I'll determine that then.

@Axmaster: Yes, I've read your edits. Thanks!

I've bred most pokemon and will start a big update post soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)