Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@tomtom5858: You get a Poochyena named Psycho. It can only use the most powerful move in its moveset. After soloing Wattson (to evolve), it feels better and the above restriction is void. However, a combination of fatigue and guilt has forced it into only using moves that are base 60 power or below. It cannot be given any boosting items from that point on.

@tomtom5858, Take Rawr the Aron. Check its Ability:
Rock Head:
Can never use any Ground type moves and must learn and keep Take Down/Double Edge and Roar ASAP. Can evolve into Lairon if it roars 20 trained Pokemon to cause a switch and into Aggron if it solos Winona using Roar at least once.

Sturdy:
Can never use any Steel type moves and must learn and keep Headbutt and Roar ASAP. Can evolve into Lairon if it flinches 20 pokemon with Headbutt and into Aggron if it flinches any Gym Leader owned Pokemon with Headbutt.

It must use Roar anytime its health goes to red and have it solo all trained Aron, Lairon, and Aggron you face regardless of Ability.

I am going to have to change my challenge from black to white since I can't find my black cart...But it shouldn't effect anything.

Here's my challenge so far

- Knight the Snivy
- Ugly Duck the Ducklette
- Deerling
- Hmm? the Roggenrola
- BEAST the Archen
- ??????

Still need 1 more for my medium white challenge.

@Tyranitharphantom: Boy, I don't know how this passed to me. I know I have no memory for moves(thats one of the reasons I don't play competitively), but I don't know how I didn't look to this on serebii. Changed

@Axmaster68: Thanks for explaining it to me. And I don't know why I put bwburke's name there ¬¬. Why did you loled?

Hey guys, I'm doing an Emerald Scramble. Nothing too hard. IAR (no fucking Flapper the Zubat) and DLolcat will each give me a 'mon. Everything must be available by Flannery.
I shall give you Lover the Illumise. It must learn and keep Charm and Attract. The other two moves are your choice.

I shall give you Lover the Illumise. It must learn and keep Charm and Attract. The other two moves are your choice.
Rejecting on the gronds that 1) I said nothing too hard and Illumise is..Illumise... and 2) I really hate Illumise.

I can reserve a slot for you for 24 hours, though.

Tomtom, have a Solrock. It must learn Sunny Day and Solarbeam ASAP, and must solo Maxie at Magma Hideout + Archie at Seafloor Cavern, killing Maxie's Camerupt and Archie's Sharpedo with Solarbeam

EDIT: 200 posts aww yeah:kongler:

@tomtom5858: You get a Poochyena named Psycho. It can only use the most powerful move in its moveset. After soloing Wattson (to evolve), it feels better and the above restriction is void. However, a combination of fatigue and guilt has forced it into only using moves that are base 60 power or below. It cannot be given any boosting items from that point on.
Tomtom, have a Solrock. It must learn Sunny Day and Solarbeam ASAP, and must solo Maxie at Magma Hideout + Archie at Seafloor Cavern, killing Maxie's Camerupt and Archie's Sharpedo with Solarbeam
You shall have Bugzappa the Electrike. It must solo any Bug-types you fight, because it really dislikes them. In addittion, it must keep Thunder Wave, and use it on any pesky bugs it comes across.
Why all the reservations...

tomtom5858, take a Shedinja. It can only use STAB Moves & it may never be the lowest leveled member on your team. That is all, since it's Shedinja.

Have fun.
Oh god. What evil hath I rought upon myself?

tomtom5858, you get Kipper the Mudkip. It is very muddy, so it must always have a move with Mud in its name. It must learn Muddy Water as a Marshtomp, and cannot learn any new moves as a Swampert. Have it solo Juan and all Maxie battles.
@tomtom5858, Take Rawr the Aron. Check its Ability:
Rock Head:
Can never use any Ground type moves and must learn and keep Take Down/Double Edge and Roar ASAP. Can evolve into Lairon if it roars 20 trained Pokemon to cause a switch and into Aggron if it solos Winona using Roar at least once.

Sturdy:
Can never use any Steel type moves and must learn and keep Headbutt and Roar ASAP. Can evolve into Lairon if it flinches 20 pokemon with Headbutt and into Aggron if it flinches any Gym Leader owned Pokemon with Headbutt.

It must use Roar anytime its health goes to red and have it solo all trained Aron, Lairon, and Aggron you face regardless of Ability.

My Emerald Scramble so far. Looks like it's filled with reservations!

@BeastMode2010, take Hitmontoss the Throh. Due to his species name, he must have 2 moves that incorporate throwing. It must have one of these 2 moves at all times ASAP:
Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, Storm Throw, or Circle Throw
Those 2 moves can be the only Fighting type moves he can learn. the other 2 moves are up to you. Have him solo a Gym Leader past Elesa (Gym 5, 6, 7, or 8).

I am sad to report that I won't be able to continue with my HeartGold Scramble Challange, seeing as how I saved when the game froze. I don't want to restart everything from that file completely, so I will have to change games. This is my new post for a Pokemon White Scramble challange. For this one I am doing a Dual type Fighting and Bug Scramble. Only 6 team members appreciated. Thanks.

Hero The Scraggy
@RaptorRuler, take Hero the Scraggy. He doesn't like that he is part Dark type, so he can never use any Dark type moves. He likes his Fighting type though so he must learn 2 Fighting type attacks ASAP. The other 2 moves are your choice. He is constantly under the effect of Taunt.
If his ability is Moxie and it activates, he cannot switch out and is under the effect of a choice item for the rest of the battle or until he faints.
If his ability is Shed Skin, he can never have status cured by an Item.
To evolve, he must solo 50 Dark type Pokemon, 20 must be trained. Have him solo Grimsley.
Good luck!

Centi the Venipede
RaptorRuler, take a Venipede and name it Centi. It must have the ability Poison Point.
This tiny bug-type loves to spread poison among enemy ranks.
It must learn and keep three Poison-type moves ASAP.

To evolve to Whirlipede, it must poison fifteen trainer-owned Pokémon.
To evolve to Scolipede, it must poison two Pokémon belonging to gym leaders.

IF it evolves to Scolipede, it can only attack foes who are poisoned.

It must solo one trainer in every gym except one. (Your choice, I recommend avoiding Skyla's gym)
It must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Chuck Norris the Sawk
Reserving a Sawk for Raptor---will edit shortly.

Raptor take Chuck Norris the Sawk. Because Chuck Norris can counter all moves, he must have Counter ASAP. Chuck Norris can also reverse any situation to his favor, so he must know Reversal too. Chuck Norris is always kicking butt and chewing bubble gum and that makes a guy tired. Teach him Rest so he can re-energize himself. We all know how Chuck likes to get up close and personal when he fights so teach him Close Combat. Chuck Norris is very hard to take down with one blow, so his ability must be Sturdy.

Wad the Sewaddle
Okay then, RaptorRuler, you get Wad the Sewaddle, who must be caught as a Sewaddle. Wad is a big wad of leaves and Sewaddle, so Wad must always hold an Iron Ball, and must know and keep String Shot. Wad cannot attack a pokemon unless Wad has used String Shot at least once on that pokemon. To evolve, Wad must know and have known a whole Wad of 10 moves of 10 different types, and soloed at least 1 different pokemon within 5 levels of Wad with only that move and String Shot.

When Wad evolves, Wad has a huge weight of being in Wad's lowest form, and now thinks he is a flying type. Rename Wad Cindy, in honor of my first flying type(who I subsequently discovered was a guy and renamed Sam, which can be used if Wad is a guy). Cindy can not hold an item, as it would way Cindy down, unless you can get rid of it right away(Turn 1 of a trainer/major battle in which Cindy is in battle). Cindy must forget String Shot immediatly, because as a flying type, he/she is extremely fast. To prove to Cindy she is not a flying type and is a grass/bug type, have her solo 10 flying types, followed by 20 grass and 20 bug types. After that is complete, Cindy realizes Cindy must prove that even as a now grass/bug type, Cindy is SUPER STRONG!!! So, solo any gym leader after Clay, being hit super effectively at least once and tanking it.

When Cindy/Sam evolves, he/she realizes he/she has all the weight of her teammates on his/her shoulders, so rename him/her Autumn. Autumn loves color, and so must have moves with types in which the sprites have 4 different colors, otherwise meaning have moves of four different types. Autumn must also show everyone the power of color, so Autumn must solo a pokemon of every color, and a seperate pokemon of every type, in which one of the two must be completely trainer-owned. He/she must also solo all of a gym except the leader, and do so without going back to the pokemon center more than one time before defeating all the trainers. Autumn also must carry one move of each type, and cannot have any boosting moves, to prove even further versatility to teammates. Finally, he/she must never be the lowest leveled member of your team, and should, if you can, have Cindy/Sam be the highest leveled member of your team before he/she evolves.

Good luck, and I should be updating my competitive RU scramble tomorrow or Monday!!

Analytic the Throh
Raptor Ruler, take a Throh and name it Analytic. He thinks he has the ability Analytic, and decides to make the best of it by only using moves with decreased priority. To use it in the Elite 4, Solo Brycen with Circle Thow.

Also everyone, Chapter 11 of my LG Scramble is up.

Zip-Zap the Joltik

If not, take a Joltik. This Joltik strives to cover your massive weakness to flying by knowing exactly 1 Electric & 1 Bug Level-Up Move, Hidden Power, & a move of your choice. Have it solo Skyla to evolve. Name it BirdSlayer.

Have fun either way.

@RaptorRuler, take Hero the Scraggy. He doesn't like that he is part Dark type, so he can never use any Dark type moves. He likes his Fighting type though so he must learn 2 Fighting type attacks ASAP. The other 2 moves are your choice. He is constantly under the effect of Taunt.
If his ability is Moxie and it activates, he cannot switch out and is under the effect of a choice item for the rest of the battle or until he faints.
If his ability is Shed Skin, he can never have status cured by an Item.
To evolve, he must solo 50 Dark type Pokemon, 20 must be trained. Have him solo Grimsley.
Good luck!

RaptorRuler, take a Venipede and name it Centi. It must have the ability Poison Point.
This tiny bug-type loves to spread poison among enemy ranks.
It must learn and keep three Poison-type moves ASAP.

To evolve to Whirlipede, it must poison fifteen trainer-owned Pokémon.
To evolve to Scolipede, it must poison two Pokémon belonging to gym leaders.

IF it evolves to Scolipede, it can only attack foes who are poisoned.

It must solo one trainer in every gym except one. (Your choice, I recommend avoiding Skyla's gym)
It must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Reserving a Sawk for Raptor---will edit shortly.

Raptor take Chuck Norris the Sawk. Because Chuck Norris can counter all moves, he must have Counter ASAP. Chuck Norris can also reverse any situation to his favor, so he must know Reversal too. Chuck Norris is always kicking butt and chewing bubble gum and that makes a guy tired. Teach him Rest so he can re-energize himself. We all know how Chuck likes to get up close and personal when he fights so teach him Close Combat. Chuck Norris is very hard to take down with one blow, so his ability must be Sturdy.

Okay then, RaptorRuler, you get Wad the Sewaddle, who must be caught as a Sewaddle. Wad is a big wad of leaves and Sewaddle, so Wad must always hold an Iron Ball, and must know and keep String Shot. Wad cannot attack a pokemon unless Wad has used String Shot at least once on that pokemon. To evolve, Wad must know and have known a whole Wad of 10 moves of 10 different types, and soloed at least 1 different pokemon within 5 levels of Wad with only that move and String Shot.

When Wad evolves, Wad has a huge weight of being in Wad's lowest form, and now thinks he is a flying type. Rename Wad Cindy, in honor of my first flying type(who I subsequently discovered was a guy and renamed Sam, which can be used if Wad is a guy). Cindy can not hold an item, as it would way Cindy down, unless you can get rid of it right away(Turn 1 of a trainer/major battle in which Cindy is in battle). Cindy must forget String Shot immediatly, because as a flying type, he/she is extremely fast. To prove to Cindy she is not a flying type and is a grass/bug type, have her solo 10 flying types, followed by 20 grass and 20 bug types. After that is complete, Cindy realizes Cindy must prove that even as a now grass/bug type, Cindy is SUPER STRONG!!! So, solo any gym leader after Clay, being hit super effectively at least once and tanking it.

When Cindy/Sam evolves, he/she realizes he/she has all the weight of her teammates on his/her shoulders, so rename him/her Autumn. Autumn loves color, and so must have moves with types in which the sprites have 4 different colors, otherwise meaning have moves of four different types. Autumn must also show everyone the power of color, so Autumn must solo a pokemon of every color, and a seperate pokemon of every type, in which one of the two must be completely trainer-owned. He/she must also solo all of a gym except the leader, and do so without going back to the pokemon center more than one time before defeating all the trainers. Autumn also must carry one move of each type, and cannot have any boosting moves, to prove even further versatility to teammates. Finally, he/she must never be the lowest leveled member of your team, and should, if you can, have Cindy/Sam be the highest leveled member of your team before he/she evolves. I almost forgot that Autumn wants to solo 1 member of the E4 without SE moves.

Good luck!!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why all the reservations...

tomtom5858, take a Shedinja. It can only use STAB Moves & it may never be the lowest leveled member on your team. That is all, since it's Shedinja.

Have fun.

Got my team set up, just gotta start the scramble! Thanks guys! I'll try and update when I can! Looks like I'll have a very physical team.

- Knight the Snivy
- Ugly Duck the Ducklette
- Deerling
- Hmm? the Roggenrola
- BEAST the Archen
- Hitmontoss the Throh

Hey guys, my scramble has just been completed!! My team just one 5 battles in a row, beginning with Brutaka and ending with PsuedoPro. The 3 in between just decided to forfeit, but it still counts!! I'm going to stick with the team and see how far we can get up the RU ladder. I'm excited for my next scramble, and I will have a theme for it. This theme is right under your noses, and whoever PM's me the theme will automatically get a spot on the team. I do not know the game or anything yet, but keep guessing!! I will give hints as I see fit. Here is hint #1:
#1: It is in this post.

Raptor Ruler, take a Throh and name it Analytic. He thinks he has the ability Analytic, and decides to make the best of it by only using moves with decreased priority. To use it in the Elite 4, Solo Brycen with Circle Thow.

Also everyone, Chapter 11 of my LG Scramble is up.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RaptorRuler, can you trade?

If yes, take a Timburr & evolve it to Conkeldurr ASAP before you reach the Driftveil Gym. This Conkeldurr strives to hit like a truck & nothing more. So as of the seventh gym, Conkeldurr must have at least one move of at least 100 BP, & it may never use moves with less than 100 BP. Ultimately, it must prove its strength by soloing an E4 Member. Name it Bulldozer.

If not, take a Joltik. This Joltik strives to cover your massive weakness to flying by knowing exactly 1 Electric & 1 Bug Level-Up Move, Hidden Power, & a move of your choice. Have it solo Skyla to evolve. Name it BirdSlayer.

Have fun either way.

Nice update Jimera! I'm excited for your pre- E4 grinding and your adventures against the E4. This is where Ball's restrictions come back into play again, and don't forget you get to skip any 1 of the remaining 3 because you completed the solo.
Also, here is all the hints for my theme so far:
#1:It is in this post.
#2:It can be made up of pretty much anything.
#3:For me, it applies to Mudkip and a direction.

Well guys

Today was a beautyfull day, I woke up at 9 am, went to my english class, went back home at 15 pm, ate and said: Let's start this scramble!

I already have 3 hours og game in my Platinum cartdridge, just passing the eggs, hatching them, taking the TMs and itens, and all this stuff. My mons were all at level 1(Chumchar at level 6) so, I decided to grind a little.

Start grindging Chumchar to level 10, just to make things better, then decided to grind SuperStuff and...it died on the SECOND battle(a critical hit in a tackle, made by a Pidove)...Do tou know what this mean? 250 lvl 2 or 3 or 4 pokémon... I said a "holy shit!" and started the process.

Some hours later I finished it, then I decided to grind Trusty a little, another painfull decision, because Trusty holds Black Sludge, and must use Rain Dance in the start of every battle, to finnalize, it needs to use or a Fire type move(Flamethrower) or Solar Beam...that means: Every 3rd battle, I needed to heal it.

I was watching the Baseball game between Tigers and Rangers, when it stoped cause of the rain, so I decided to take a brake a little...

Tomorrow I'll make a more detailed post, but I have the itentions to put Cacophony and NO WEAK at level 10 too, and then start the hunt to catch Clover, the last member!

I still need Totodile and 2 others for my mono-water scramble. I have a Gyarados, Marril and Quagsire
Take a Mantine and name it Kite. Since it wants to fly, it must know 1 flying move at all time. Use it to single handedly beat Karen.

SoulSilver Scramble Update:

After defeating Morty, I went to Olivine City and caught a Krabby and taught it Surf. I went to Union Cave on Friday and caught Versity the Lapras. I taught her Surf, deposited Krabby, and went back to Union Cave to get to the back of the Ruins of Alph. There I caught my last pokemon needed, NoMBounce the Natu. I taught him Shadow Ball, since at level 22 he knew no attacking moves, and he is under Taunt and Torment. While training, if Shadow Ball didn't OHKO, I switched him out.

I traveled back to Olivine City to help the sick Ampharos in the Lighthouse. Jasmine was there and I was sent to Cianwood to find the cure. I made it to Cianwood and battled the Gym Trainers and Eusine but I wanted to teach NoMBounce some more moves. After some training NoMBounce evolved into Xatu. I traveled by land and sea to Goldenrod City and bought the Hyper Beam TM and also got the Return TM and taught both attacks to NoMBounce.

I went back to Cianwood and challenged Chuck. Primeape and Poliwrath were knocked out with a combined effort from my team and I earned the Storm Badge.

I then traveled back to Olivine City and Jasmine gave Amphy the cure. I then decided to have Versity solo her team. It was tough and took some Revives and Hyper Potions but Versity solo'd Jasmine. It helped she switched to her Steelix right as Versity used Surf. Versity can now be used in the Elite 4. I got my Mineral Badge and traveled to Mahogany Town. My team is somewhat underleveled. I plan to train them up and take on Team Rocket and get my 7th badge afterwards.

My SoulSilver Challange:

Badges:

Objective: Training

Current Pokemon:

Gay Dino ♀
Level 26 Bayleef
Adamant Nature
Ability: Overgrow
-Headbutt
-Reflect
-Razor Leaf
-Magical Leaf
Challange:
-Gay Dino the Chikorita from Arcticblast
It has no restrictions until level 12. Then, to make a long story short, it realizes that is is in fact a gay dinosaur. It cannot use "other" moves (Growl, Reflect, Toxic, etc.) on Pokemon of the opposite gender, but it must use one at least every other turn against Pokemon of the same gender. No restrictions against genderless Pokemon.

Hax FTW ♂
Level 24 Dunsparce
Careful Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
-Thunder
-Headbutt
-Roost
-Rollout
Challange:
-Hax FTW the Dunsparce from Newby n0Ob
It must have the following moveset before the Elite Four round 1, whether it has Serene Grace or Run Away:
- Thunder Wave/Thunder/Glare
- Headbutt
- Roost
- a move of your choice
It must use this moveset to solo Koga just to give him a taste of his own medicine. In Kanto, have it solo Brock to prove how effective the set is, even against Rock-types.

Moxie ♂
Level 24 Pinsir
Adamant Nature
Ability: Hyper Cutter
-Headbutt
-Brick Break
-Seismic Toss
-Revenge
Challange:
-Moxie the Pinsir from EndQuote
This ferocious bug-type is convinced it is from the Dream World, so it pretends it's ability is Moxie.
If it KOes a foe, it cannot switch out and must use only attacks, because it is convinced it has an attack boost.

If it has a Status Condition, you must consider it asleep until it is healed.
Meaning no attacks until the status is healed.

It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four, all three belonging to different trainers.

Ewwww ♂
Level 23 Koffing
Modest Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Tackle
-Payback
-Assurance
-Fire Blast
Challange:
-Ewwww the Koffing from dregstr
Every Pokémon is grossed out by his Stench but he's oblivious to this and thinks he's as clean as a Suicune. So he can't use Poison type moves because that's not what Suicune would do. To evolve he has to fight 10 Poison type Pokémon and that's when he realizes he's a Poison type and he freaks out. In an attempt to clean himself he has to solo 5 Water types but to no avail he's still dirty. So he faces it and evolves into Weezing.

Weezing embraces his Poison-type and can use poison moves but is frustrated so he must learn Frustration. He can't take another pokemon's place in battle unless the one before it faints.

Versity ♀
Level 25 Lapras
Bashful Nature
Ability: Water Absorb
-Confuse Ray
-Ice Shard
-Surf
-Body Slam
Challange:
-Versity the Lapras from Jimera0
Versity wants to be as diverse as possible, and therefore cannot have two attacks of the same type. It must also have at least one of each physical, special and status moves at all times. Again because it wants to be as varied as possible, it must act as if under the effects of Torment at all times, switching up its attacks every turn. In order to be used in the Elite Four, have it solo a gym of your choice, making sure to use every attack she has at some point during the battle.

NoMBounce ♂
Level 25 Xatu
Rash Nature
Ability: Synchronize
-Fly
-Shadow Ball
-Hyper Beam
-Return
Challange:
-NoMBounce the Natu from King Serperior
No restrictions except that it is forever under the effects of Torment and Taunt. Have fun:)

Rejecting on the gronds that 1) I said nothing too hard and Illumise is..Illumise... and 2) I really hate Illumise.

I can reserve a slot for you for 24 hours, though.
It's not that hard... it dosen't have to solo anything, and Attract + Charm + Moonlight makes a pretty sturdy physical wall in-game, especially as the majority of trainers are Male.

And according to the rules in the OP, 'I hate Illumise' is not a valid reason to reject.

Still, I'll change it:

You shall have Bugzappa the Electrike. It must solo any Bug-types you fight, because it really dislikes them. In addittion, it must keep Thunder Wave, and use it on any pesky bugs it comes across.

---
Also, sign me up for a Scramble:

Game: Pokemon HeartGold
Difficulty: Medium ~ High. I will also accept ONE Very High difficulty.
Other Notes:
At least two pokemon must be obtainable before Falkner
At least three pokemon must be obtainable before WhitneyAt least 4 pokemon must be obtainable before Chuck
All 6 must be obtainable before Clair

Only 1 pokemon per area. If someone's given me something only in Ice Path, such as Delibird, you can't give me a Swinub.

I reserve the right to change any nicknames.

Please check if your conditions clash with anything else

I WILL refuse any challenge that requires me to grind more than 5 levels above the Gym Leader's main. We all know what grinding in Jhoto is like, with the awful rematch system, and horribly underleveled wilds. If I get to more than 5 levels above the Gym's main, and still cannot do the task, it will be skipped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)