Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Wrave take a Qwilfish named Spike.

Spike is all about team support and must know (Toxic) Spikes at all times. Set up a layer in every Gym or E-4 battle without a mandatory solo. Obviously, if the entire gym has poison or flying types you can skip this (Lance, I'm looking at you; Dragon-types my ass!).
Secondly, Spike gets very upset whenever one of your team-mates faints. He must switch in to revenge his fallen comrades as long as he has a decent shot of defeating them. Finally, in order to prove himself in battle, he must solo one Kanto gymleader not named Brock or Blaine.

On a little side note: May I suggest to name your character 'RexHunt', after Discovery Channel's famous fishing program. In the spirit of fishing you will catch a pokemon on every major route and can't face off with Red before you've caught every Johto-dex fish.

In game there are quite a few Fishermen. Whenever you face one, you must try solo each pokemon with a different team member to show off your prized catches. But certain Fishermen take their job ever more serious and have a whole team of Magikarp. Lets face it, going into battle like that is pretty daring (or stupid). But Rex Hunt would be extremely jealous and must fish for a big Magikarp right after battle. Use your best rod and catch yourself a better Magikarp after battling a Magikarp team to prove that you've still got it.

Speaking of Magikarp, here's another fun side quest. On route 13 in Kanto (beteen fuchsia and lavender between the fences), there is a Pokéfan with a Level 65 Magikarp. What! That's the mother off all Magikarp! To prove that this is a real boss you must fight it with a freshly caught fish of your own, using the good rod to catch it. You must not grind it or learn it TM's. You will not use Chinchou. I just did some calcs on a lvl 20 Goldeen, and assuming one X-def you're in for quite the epic battle! Quickly solo the fan's other pokemon (a Nidoking and a Slowking) with whatever pokemon on your team. And beat the king of Magikarp in a epic boss-fight. Flail will be a nightmare!

You don't have to accept this challange, but it might be fun! Consider it an experiment ;)

RaIkAria, if you can breed, take Fury the Rattata. She must know Flame Wheel at all times. Her other moves are Hyper/Super Fang(your choice), Sucker Punch, and Dig. She must solo both of Jasmine's Magnemite without Dig, must use Flame Wheel to land the final blow on Pryce's Piloswine, and solo one of Clair's Dragonair. You get bonus points on soloing Lance's Charizard if you desire.

If you cannot breed, take a Fearow named Jet. It must have a +speed nature. Teach it Agility ASAP. It can only learn Fly if it solos Bugsy. It may not know Return. Must solo Chuck's Poliwrath, Bruno's Hitmonlee, and(this one is for Bonus Points) Lance's Charzard.

Raikaria, take a Cyndaquil, and name it Cindy because I have no inventiveness. (You better hope it's female xD)

Have it solo either Bugsy or Jasmine with no fire type moves, your choice. Also, just for fun, it must have attacking moves in all of its slots by the E4. Have fun.

If you cannot breed, take a Fearow named Jet. It must have a +speed nature. Teach it Agility ASAP. It can only learn Fly if it solos Bugsy. It may not know Return. Must solo Chuck's Poliwrath, Bruno's Hitmonlee, and(this one is for Bonus Points) Lance's Charzard.
Accepted, I'm not gonna breed for a Flame Wheel Rattata. Also, because it says Agility ASAP, I am taking that as keeping it as a Spearow until Lv 25, because that is indeed ASAP.

Raikaria, take a Cyndaquil, and name it Cindy because I have no inventiveness. (You better hope it's female xD)

Have it solo either Bugsy or Jasmine with no fire type moves, your choice. Also, just for fun, it must have attacking moves in all of its slots by the E4. Have fun.
Accepted, but it'll have to be Jasmine that gets soloed, because of Jet.

Raikaria, take a Hoothoot and name it Mesmereyes.
This little owl loves to hypnotize foes, so have it learn and keep Hypnosis ASAP.
It can only directly attack foes after attempting to hypnotize them at least once.

It can evolve to Noctowl if it hypnotizes three Pokémon belonging to gym leaders.

As a Noctowl, it becomes even more invested in hypnosis and mind-control.
The previous restriction is lifted, though it still cannot forget Hypnosis.
However, it can now only use Psychic-type moves.

It must solo every trainer in Chuck's gym (Except Chuck himself), and Bruno (Except his Hitmonlee)
Good luck!

EDIT: All moves, including non-attacks.

Raikaria, take a Hoothoot and name it Mesmereyes.
This little owl loves to hypnotize foes, so have it learn and keep Hypnosis ASAP.
It can only directly attack foes after attempting to hypnotize them at least once.

It can evolve to Noctowl if it hypnotizes three Pokémon belonging to gym leaders.

As a Noctowl, it becomes even more invested in hypnosis and mind-control.
The previous restriction is lifted, though it still cannot forget Hypnosis.
However, it can now only use Psychic-type moves.

It must solo every trainer in Chuck's gym (Except Chuck himself), and Bruno (Except his Hitmonlee)
Good luck!
To clarrify, is it the Psychic-restriction on all moves, or only attacking moves? Wondering mainly due to Roost and Confuse Ray, although I can probobly use Light Screen/Reflect/Hypnosis/Psychic.

Accepted either way, just want clarrification.

Taking LG Scramble, guys. And it'sa gonna be themed!

- Standard 6 Pokemon Team
- Difficulty: Try to keep it balanced. Otherwise, Medium-hard
- No Trading
- Dragon-Themed. This does not mean, in any way, Mono-Dragon.
- No Soloing more than 1 Gym, absolutely no soloing an Elite 4 member. Everybody works together.
- Be creative. I would very much like to have fun, please.

@Raikaria: Take a Geodude, name it "3..2..1..0". It must solo whatever it is facing within 3 turns or it Self-Destructs. If you do not have a Self-KO move, it must be switched out and not used until you either use a Pokemon Centre or other such healing spot, or toss a Revive. If it is actually KO'd, then you may use the Revive on it rather than tossing it.

Taking LG Scramble, guys. And it'sa gonna be themed!

- Standard 6 Pokemon Team
- Difficulty: Try to keep it balanced. Otherwise, Medium-hard
- No Trading
- Dragon-Themed. This does not mean, in any way, Mono-Dragon.
- No Soloing more than 1 Gym, absolutely no soloing an Elite 4 member. Everybody works together.
- Be creative. I would very much like to have fun, please.
Ugh, if only you were doing FireRed...

I shall give you WYRM the Sandshrew!

Wyrm firmly belives it is... well... a Wyrm, a dragon of European legend, which is flightless. It has tough scales, claws, and even venom, after all!

It's moveset must include Dig, Slash and Toxic. After all, Dragons like to claw things, Wyrms were often depicted as Acidic or venomous, and they were dragons that could dig, even living underground in some legends!

The final move must be one of the following:

Theif [Dragons like to horde gold]
Rest
Rock Tomb
Iron Tail
Brick Break

Also: Accepted. Since I have 4 mons that can be obtained early, in different locations, I'm starting now. I will request that the final two are Ilex Forest onwards.

SimonSays, take a Charmander and name him Puff.
Like Puff the magic dragon from the old song, this Charmander loves his friend Jackie Paper.
He sees Wyrm as his best friend.
If Wyrm has a status condition, Puff cannot attack.
If Wyrm is KOed, Puff must come out and either revenge-kill the foe or die trying.
In double battles, Puff can only attack if his friend Wyrm is right next to him.

If Wyrm faints more than five times, Puff becomes very depressed and loses his ability to breathe fire.
He can no longer use Fire-type moves.

He and Wyrm must solo two gym leaders together.

EDIT: Fixed. Sorry, tired-me is illiterate.

Reserving a Horsea for SimonSays.

EDIT:
Simon Says you receive Wyvern the Horsea. Wyvern is a dragon that is convinced he isn't a Water type and therefore until he evolves can not use any Water type moves. Also for him to evolve he must defeat 35 Pokemon that resist his attacks which proves his Strength. When he evolves Wyvern realizes that he should embrace Water and he must then learn only water type moves from then on. For him to learn Surf he must defeat 20 trainer owned water pokemon. Good luck and have fun

Reserving a Magikarp for SimonSays.

EDIT: After looking at your teamcomp, I'm gonna switch it to magnemite.
So, you get Knight the Magnemite!
This little fellow is a knight, teleporteds straight in here from ancient ages. He has always cooperated with dragons, well respected among them because he was the only knight that didn't want to slay every dragon in the world.
However, the cool guys Wyrm and Puff shut him out, and the other dragons dare not rebel this decision. Since he is an outcast, he always has to be at the 1st or last place in your team.
Because of this, he becomes very sad. He has to learn and keep Rain Dance, because that's the closest thing he has to crying, and use it 5 times.
Trying to not get hurt further, he must learn Protect as well and use it succesfully 10 times.
Desperately trying to prove himself to the dragons, he must solo Morty. After this, he may evolve.
Now being 3 times as cool, Wyrm and Puff begin to like him, so he does not need to cry anymore; Rain Dance may not be used anymore. He must always be positioned next to Wyrn or Puff, just to show off his new best buddies.

Good luck raising the knight :)

SimonSays, take Draco the Lapras. It thinks it is a dragon but it hates all other dragon haters. It must know Psychic, Thunder, Blizzard, and Hydro Pump. Must solo your rival after the eighth gym.

Edit: fixed:)

SimonSays, take Draco the Lapras. It thinks it is a dragon but it hates all other dragon haters. It must know Psychic, Thunder, Blizzard, and Hydro Pump. Must solo Loretali(spelled wrong I know) because her Pokemon are a threat to her teammates.
He and Wyrm must solo three gym leaders together.

Puff must also solo Lorelei.
Italic'ed and Bolded the parts which violate what Simon asked for.

I still require two pokemon for my HG Scramble.

- Cindy the Cyndaquil - Must solo Jasmine without using a Fire-type attack

- Jet the Fearow, must solo Bugsy for can't have Fly. Cannot learn Return. Must solo Chuck's Poliwrath, Bruno's Hitmonlee, and attempt to solo Lance's Charizard

- Mesmereyes the Hoothoot - To evolve must Hypnosis three GL pokemon. Cannot attack before attempting Hypnosis as a Hoothoot [Obviously voided before it learns Hypnosis]

After Evolution, must be Mono-Psychic. It also must solo all trainers in Chuck's Gym, and Bruno, barring Hitmonlee.

- 3..2..1..0 the Geodude. It must solo whatever it is facing within 3 turns or it Self-Destructs. If you do not have a Self-KO move, it must be switched out and not used until you either use a Pokemon Centre or other such healing spot, or toss a Revive. If it is actually KO'd Revives can be used on it as normal.

Note: The Very Hard slot is still open. I class Mesmereyes as 'Hard', and the others as Medium.

Also, using Selfdestruct is gonna mess with me so much, seeing as I primarily Nuzlocke.

@Raikaria, take Darth Eon the Eevee. Must be male, with an Attack/Sp.Attack hindering Nature. This is the Eevee given to you by Bill and wants nothing more than to evolve into Umbreon. It wants to have a STAB Dark attack the moment it evolves into Umbreon so it must learn Bite before evolving. It is tormented and frustrated by the fact it has to be friendly to evolve so it is under the effect of Torment and must learn Frustration ASAP. After it evolves, it decides to pass its Torment on to others at times and must learn Torment and use it to temporarily lift its own Torment restriction, until the battle is over. The last attack must be Psychic or Shadow Ball but can only use it once per use of Torment. It hates being below half heath so if that happens it acts as if it is under Truant ability and must use Torment every other turn until the end of the battle. The only healing items it may ever use is Revive. It must solo Koga and Janine, and may replace Frustration with Toxic, if desired, as it wants to poison the foes and isn't as frustrated.

Moveset as Umbreon:
-Bite
-Torment
-Frustration/Toxic
-Psychic/Shadow Ball

Summary:
-Must be male with a nature that hinders Attack or Special Attack.
-Must learn Bite to evolve
-Must learn Torment, Frustration, and Psychic/Shadow Ball ASAP
-Must use Torment for every use of Psychic/Shadow Ball
-Under effect of Torment at all times
-If Torment is used, no longer Tormented until the end of the battle
-If below 50% health, under the effect of Truant ability and must use Torment every other move until the end of the battle
-Only healing item allowed is Revive.
-Must solo Koga and Janine
-After the above solos, Toxic may replace Frustration if desired.
Good Luck!

Hey guys I want to do a leaf green nuzlocke, don't make it to hard but I'm open to anything
I'm going to give you Peppy the Clefairy.

Peppy is a very cheerful pokemon, as it's name implies!

Due to this, it must learn and keep Encore and Return. Other than Return, Peppy may not known any contact moves, with the exception of one level-up move, before you obtain Return.

However, there is one thing that Peppy hates. The Pikachu line. How dare they steal it's intended job as the mascot of pokemon! Due to this, any Pikachu and Raichu encountered must be soloed by Peppy.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Party

The first update has arrived! I'll be doing an update after every gym leader.

So in the first segment, I:
-Named myself Bob for no reason whatsoever
-Obtained Wosha-Ott
-Mopped the floor with Cheren and Bianca
-Set out to Accumula Town
-Ignored Ghetsis
-Mopped the floor with N
-Mopped the floor with some youngsters on the way to Striaton City
-Biancasux, take 2
-Went to the Dreamyard and obtained 1337
-Cheren is an asshole, but he's an asshole who can't battle
-Beat some gym trainers
-Precautionary grinding to lvl 13
-Faced down with Cilan:

Cilan sends out Lillipup (lvl 12 Lillipup)!
Bob sends out Wosha-Ott (lvl 13 Oshawott)!
vs.

Oshawott used Focus Energy!
Oshawott is getting pumped!
Lillipup used Work Up!
Lillipup's Attack rose.
Lillipup's SpAtk rose.

Oshawott used Water Gun!
A critical hit (Lillipup used 2/3 of health)!
Lillipup used Tackle (Oshawott loses 1/4 of health)!

Cilan used a Potion.
Lillipup regained 20 health.
Oshawott used tackle (Lillipup loses 2/5 of health)!

Oshawott used Water Gun!
A critical hit!
Lillipup fainted!

Cilan sent out Pansage!
Bob switched out Oshawott.
Bob sent out Pansear!

vs.

Pansage used Work Up!
Pansage's Attack rose.
Pansage's SpAtk rose.
Pansear used Incinerate!
It's super effective (Pansage loses 1/3 of health)!

Pansage used Vine Whip!
It's not very effective (Pansear loses 1/4 of health)...
Pansear used Incinerate!
It's super effective (Pansage loses 1/3 of health)!

Pansage used Vine Whip!
It's not very effective (Pansear loses 1/4 of health)...
Pansear used Incinerate!
It's super effective!
Pansage fainted!

Bob is the winner!

Anddddd that's the update.

Current Party:
Wosha-Ott (lvl 13 Oshawott)@Oran Berry
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Focus Energy

1337 (lvl 13 Pansear)
Fury Swipes
Work Up
Lick
Incinerate

Wosha-Ott Crit Count: 4/10
1337 Leader Mons Soloed Count: 1/7

EDIT: Raseri, take whaaaaaat? the Slowpoke. It must solo every Shellder you encounter, and it can only evolve immediately after an encounter with a Shellder. In addition, it must know exactly three attacking moves at all times, and only one of those may be a STAB move.

Okay now, Simon Says, you get WhiteStorm the Dual themed Geodude. WhiteStorm was always the most noble of his clanmates, so he reveres the most noble type of pokemon, dragons. To him, dragons are his idols, so he must be shown their nobility by soloing 100 of them. He must also solo 100 rock and ground types, to show him his true colors, and his true typing. Once he realizes his typing, in all his nobility he understands his weakpoints, and so must never face another grass or water type, but first must solo 5 trainer-owned ones of each type, to prove to him his weakpoint, and fainting at least once against the 10 total pokemon. He is so noble he will take a hit for one of his clanmates, so he must switch in on 30 attacks that would be SE on the member of your team that was just in battle to evolve.

When he evolves, his nobility grows even further, but he starts having to defend his nobility. Every dragon he meets questions the trait, so he must solo all of them to prove it to them that he is extremely noble. He must also solo one gym leader that's main type is SE on at least 2 of your teammates, but cannot use SE moves in the process. In fact, he is so noble that he refuses to use any SE moves. He also thinks that your Charmander is his Clan's leader FireStar, so he must protect him at all costs. So, he must take at least 5 attacks that would be SE on Charmander. Neither may ever faint once WhiteStorm is a Graveler. If either does faint, you must solo 50 trainer-owned pokemon with that pokemon so they can be used in major battles once again. Whitestorm must be used at least 1 time in every E4 battle except Loreli. Good luck.

Raikaria, you get Ali the Aipom/ Rafa the Natu(take your pick). Either Way, both are huge sports stars, and such want to defend their titles in both battles and pokeathelons. The chosen pokemon must always have 2 and only 2 moves with more than 60 BP, and always carry a single boosting move. They must also solo 2 gym leaders without SE and boosting moves to show off their natural strength. Also, to defend their title even further, the chosen pokemon must win 10 pokeathelons in every category, or 50 pokeathelons, in which case they are again the champion of their respective sport and can evolve.

When the pokemon evolves, they have moved to a new category in their sport, such as a new weight class or a new league, and so must earn their title again. The chosen pokemon must win 10 Super Pokeathelons in each category, or 50 Super Pokeathelons, and must solo 1 E4 member and 1 gym leader. All other restrictions carry over, and once they are completed, you can sing "We Are the Champions" if you'd like, and rename your chosen pokemon Champion, if you would like.

Now, Raseri, you get Lance the Diglett. Lance has always admired the E4 member Lance, but feels that the moves he uses are too powerful, so Lance cannot have a boosting move, and cannot have a move with more than 70 BP, and must use those moves well. To use each move well, 15 trainer-owned pokemon with each move, and must solo a 4 pokemon belonging to gym leaders, KOing 1 pokemon with each move.No moves can be SE, and you must solo at least 1 gym leader with Lance in the process. After this is completed, Lance can evolve.

When Lance evolves, Lance gets even more frustrated with the power of the moves that Lance the E4 member uses, and so cannot have a move with more than 60 BP. Lance must solo 30 trainer owned pokemon with each of his moves as a Dugtrio, and must solo 1 E4 member, and at least TRY to solo Lance without fainting more than 5 times. If you solo Giovanni with Lance using moves of 60 BP or less, you get moves of 75 BP or less for ONLY the E4. Good luck to you all, and here are the hints so far for my theme scramble.

#1:It is in this post.
#2:It can be made up of pretty much anything.
#3:For me, it involves Mudkip and a direction.
#4:For me, it also involves something that can chop.

I will also take a poll to go with the theme guessing. I would like to know which type of scramble I should do, Soul Silver or competitive>
If competitive is selected, whoever guesses the theme will also choose the tier, as long as I do not mind the specific tier.
Happy guessing and good luck to all I have given a challenge!!

Raseri, you get Strythio the Doduo! Going off about my many Latin stories, Strythio is the slave of Modestus and his name means ostrich. Therefore, Strythio must solo 30 Pokemon that PowderPuff, your Bulbasaur/what Strythio thinks is Modestus, has a type disadvantage against to evolve, so that's anything that's Psychic-, Flying-, Ice-, or Fire-typed. It must solo at least one of each, wild or trained. It must also solo Blaine, Lorelei, or Sabrina in order to prove it's dedication to Modestus.

@tomtom5858: You get a Poochyena named Psycho. It can only use the most powerful move in its moveset. After soloing Wattson (to evolve), it feels better and the above restriction is void. However, a combination of fatigue and guilt has forced it into only using moves that are base 60 power or below. It cannot be given any boosting items from that point on.
Tomtom, have a Solrock. It must learn Sunny Day and Solarbeam ASAP, and must solo Maxie at Magma Hideout + Archie at Seafloor Cavern, killing Maxie's Camerupt and Archie's Sharpedo with Solarbeam
You shall have Bugzappa the Electrike. It must solo any Bug-types you fight, because it really dislikes them. In addittion, it must keep Thunder Wave, and use it on any pesky bugs it comes across.
Why all the reservations...

tomtom5858, take a Shedinja. It can only use STAB Moves & it may never be the lowest leveled member on your team. That is all, since it's Shedinja.

Have fun.
Oh god. What evil hath I rought upon myself?

(Reserved for DetroitLolcat)

@tomtom5858, Take Rawr the Aron. Check its Ability:
Rock Head:
Can never use any Ground type moves and must learn and keep Take Down/Double Edge and Roar ASAP. Can evolve into Lairon if it roars 20 trained Pokemon to cause a switch and into Aggron if it solos Winona using Roar at least once.

Sturdy:
Can never use any Steel type moves and must learn and keep Headbutt and Roar ASAP. Can evolve into Lairon if it flinches 20 pokemon with Headbutt and into Aggron if it flinches any Gym Leader owned Pokemon with Headbutt.

It must use Roar anytime its health goes to red and have it solo all trained Aron, Lairon, and Aggron you face regardless of Ability.

My Emerald Scramble. Just waiting on Lolcat.

Raseri, for your last Pokémon, take a Meowth and name it Ka-Ching!
This Meowth is somewhat greedy, so it must learn and keep Pay Day ASAP.
It must use Pay Day immediately every time it is sent out in a trainer battle.

It can evolve to Persian after using Pay Day in three gym battles.

It must solo at least two Pokémon in the elite four.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Whoa I totally forgot about tomtom's challange!

Okay, you get SlowCat the Zigzagoon! This Zigzagoon is rather slow, so it cannot have a Speed boosting nature!
This Zigzagoon is very slow, and therefore must remain the lowest leveled Pokemon on your team until you beat Wattson. It also cannot lead against any important battles until you beat Wattson (an important battle is any battle that involves a Rival, Gym Leader, or member of an enemy Team).

However, eventually, you decide to juice up SlowCat with an X Speed, and it gets a little faster. It must lead in every other important battle until you beat Winona, and cannot be the highest or lowest leveled member of your team.

After beating Winona, SlowCat finds a lot of X Speed and almost ODs on it. Slowcat now becomes really, really fast. In fact, it leads in every important battle from after Winona to the end of the game. It must be the highest leveled Pokemon on your team.

If a restriction conflicts with a restriction on another Pokemon (such as Maxie+Archie for Solrock), go with the restriction on the other Pokemon.

Let's do these interacting challanges more often; I find the total Scramble SimonSays got really, really awesome.

I have to say I agree. Themed Scrambles are my favorite, and I'm going to do one soon. Anyways, here are the hints so far:
#1:It is in this post.
#2:It can be made up of almost anything.
#3:For me, it involves Mudkip and a direction.
#4:For me, it involves something that can cut.
#5:For the user AasTmO, it involves the first word of the Spongebob theme song, which is O.
#6:Nobody here has never read and encountered this.

Don't forget my competitive or Soul Silver Scramble poll!!
Also, the prize is an automatic reservation, and possibly a choice of tier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)