Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Alright everyone, if you've been reading my Sapphire Nuzlocke, you ought to see this. I quoted this from a post I made on the Nuzlocke Thread.

Alright people, I have a confession to make. It seems that even with the added pressure of having people counting on me telling a truthful story I still can't stomach a Nuzlocke. I've already had two Pokemon "die" during grinding due to insane hax, and both times I just shut off my game and played from my previous save, and then didn't write it up in my updates. I just can't do this apparently. I'm sorry everyone, but I think I'm going to abandon my Sapphire Nuzlocke challenge and replace it with a Sapphire Scramble Challange. This also means the first couple chapters of my updates for the Scramble are going to be a bit repetitive, but I'll do my best to condense it and avoid unnecessary repetition.

Sorry to disapoint you guys, but it's clear I just can't handle this damn thing, not when it's so easy to lose Pokemon due to sheer luck. I mean, most recently Jack the Torchic got KO'd by an Aron. How? It used mudslap on the switch. There was only ONE possibility that would lead to a KO here; if the Aron chose Headbutt, if it critted and if I missed Ember after only one MudSlap. ALL of that had to happen. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED.

I just can't handle it >.<

So yeah, I'm going to drop it. Instead, I want to replace it with a Sapphire Scramble.

Rules:
- Pokemon Sapphire version
- 6 Pokemon
- No post-league only Pokemon please
- All Pokemon must be able to evolve fully
- Medium-Hard difficulty, the last one was a little on the easy side but I still don't want head-bashingly hard stuff. Also, don't make it TOO complex, otherwise I'll end up forgetting restrictions. Creativity is still appreciated though, just no 8 stage challanges please :P
- I can trade, assuming I can find my old link cable, but only to evolve.
- Remember, the internal clock in my Sapphire version is fried. Nothing involving more than a few berries, since I CANNOT grow any. I can only use those I find. That means no contests either, and also no Milotic, as much as I'd like to use one.
- No solos that involve more than 50 Pokemon. That's not challenging, it's just drudgery.
- Reservations allowed, but I reserve the right to waive your reservation if you're taking too long.

Alright, I think that covers everything. I'll make the final post that will contain all the updates after I get all my Pokemon given to me.

So, get started my friends!

I'd like to reserve a pokemon for you, then. Will most likely be a Mudkip. Will edit both yours and KS's around 7 GMT -5, or in a few hours. I'd like to know which of the pokemon I had suggusted you'd like, KS, in the meantime. Sorry for the slight wait.

Jimera0, take a Baltoy and nickname it Relic.
Relic is a very ancient child's toy from the past who later came to life as a Pokemon. He is unable to change to the advances in this world, and therefore, he is under the following restrictions:
Relic must learn and keep Selfdestruct/Explosion ASAP. Whenever he does not have a status condition and his HP is in the red, he must use the move since he is not much use anymore and does not wish for you to waste your items to heal him.
To evolve, he must land the final blow on 10 Trainer-owned Pokemon while using Selfdestruct/Explosion under the limits of the above restriction.
He must always know a Psychic attacking move to harness his memories of the past for him to attack.
He must learn and keep Ancientpower ASAP. Again, he cannot change to modern society so he is forced to use the power of the past to attack.
To prove how the past is much stronger than the present, he must always remain in battle against Tate & Liza and solo both of their Pokemon - your teammate may not deal any direct damage to their Pokemon. (Moves like Confuse Ray or Toxic are fine)
He must also solo all other Trainer-owned Psychic type Pokemon. (Excluding trainers in gyms)

To recap:
Must know (Selfdestruct/Explosion) / Ancientpower / Psychic-type move
Must use Selfdestruct/Explosion whenever in red health and statused
Must KO 10 trainer-owned Pokemon under the above restriction to evolve
Must solo Tate & Liza; teammate cannot directly deal damage to their Pokemon
Must solo all trainer-owned Psychic Pokemon (Excluding those in gyms)

Best of luck!

@Axemaster: I'll take the Caterpie and I'll tell waterwarrior to choose something else because he will most likely do so anyway.

@Jimera: Take Big Banks the Zigzagoon. Big Banks has to know Thunderbolt and Double Team ASAP. Those TMs must be Bought from the Game Corner. How are you susposed to get that much cash?? Big Banks' items of course!! SELL ALL items he gets via Pick Up. Keep track of how much money you get with those items because you can only use that money. After learning those two moves, he can evolve. You now have two choices:
1. Give him the Amulet Coin ASAP and have him lead in ALL major battles(gym Leader, rival, admin, E4, champion, Etc.)

2. Sell all items he gets and keep track of it all. Until you get $10,000 off of it all, you may now use Physical moves. Until then-All Special. The money you recieve from all of this must go to buying Revives ONLY.

Now matter the restriction, solo Wallace's Milotic(no electric moves) and whishcash.

@Jimera0, take a Makuhita named Tough. In case you haven't noticed, Makuhita isn't exactly the most popular Fighting type around. It might even be the least popular. Either way, Tough is always mocked for not being a cool Fighting type, so it strives to only learn attacking moves, at least two of which must be Fighting attacks. Tough decides to prove them wrong by soloing Wattson, and everyone stops for a while, but they still continue to mock him. Tough decides to finally live up to his name by winning a Tough contest, then keeping the winning tough moveset for the rest of the game. And just to make sure they stay quiet, solo 3 of Wally's Pokemon.

Now, you might be wondering who keeps mocking him. Have you figured it out? Fighting types! Tough must solo every Fighting type you find, unless this contradicts another challange.

For the contest, your rules said you didn't have good access to berries. Tough understands, so he refuses to use up any of your precious berries, or pokeblocks, or anything else that would use up your berries.

Have fun!

EDIT: I meant just for contests, but that's a good idea, no berries at all for Tough.

Jimera0, take a Shroomish and name it Technician.
This Shroomish heard that Breloom got Technician from the Dream World, so it can never use attacks that are over 60 BP.

To evolve, solo a gym leader and every trainer in his/her gym.

It must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

@Jimera0: You get Hypothesis the Poochyena. Its restrictions are defined in a series of hypothetical statements.
- If it is a neutral nature, then it cannot use items that don't restore HP.
- If it soloes your rival once, then it can learn TMs.
- If it faints against a gym leader, then it cannot have items used on it until the next gym leader is beaten.
- If it has a Dark-type move, then it must have more than one status move (the Dark-type one can be one of them)
- If it is the lowest level, then you cannot use other Scramblemons until this is rectified.
- If a Scramblemon has to solo a trainer in your current town/route, then the above restriction is void.

If you have any objections, let me know.

alright, that's 6 people, hang on until I've reviewed them all.

EDIT:
Ok, I accept all so far. Waiting on EndQuote and Axmaster68. Couple questions though.

@auramaster: is the berry restriction just for contest purposes, or does that mean he can never use a berry ever?

@Newby NoOb: Since the first restriction on Hypothesis relies on its nature, does that mean I can catch as many as I like until I get one that isn't a nuetral nature, or do I have to go with the first one I catch?

@LafondaOnFire: You contradict yourself with the explosion/self-destruct requirement. "Whenever he does not have a status condition and his HP is in the red, he must use the move since he is not much use anymore and does not wish for you to waste your items to heal him." and "Must use Selfdestruct/Explosion whenever in red health and statused"

So which is it?

EDIT2: Accepted EndQuote. It would seem I'm going to have a much harder fight this time around, looking at these!

So I'm back with the fifth installment of my Emerald Scramble. Here's the housekeeping stuff...

To recap, here's my team:
Kicker the Torchic (CAUGHT)
Must evolve at level 16 to Combusken & then 36 to Blaziken
Must always know Double Kick and Blaze Kick
Last two moves may not be fighting or fire type
Must solo Flannery and Norman, one with only kicking moves

Cindy the female Taillow (CAUGHT)
Can evolve after I have 4 gym badges and she solos 15 trainer-owned electric types
Must solo Winona, 50 flying types between Mauville-Fortree-Lilycove
Must always know endeavor; must take 10 Pokemon down to 20HP or less with Endeavor ASAP
Must always be in my party

Swarley the Gulpin (CAUGHT)
Must know two of Amnesia, Yawn, Encore, Attract
Must solo one trainer in every gym
Land an attack on every legendary (Barring Rayquaza)

Sunz the Solrock (CAUGHT)
Must know Sunny Day and Fire Blast ASAP
Must use Sunny Day first in all battles
Must land the final blow on Tate's Solrock
Cannot know rock and psychic moves at the same time

AntLion the Trapinch
Must always be in party
Must always be sent out in double battles
Must learn and keep Dig ASAP
Must KO two Pokemon against Tate & Liza, must KO two Elite Four Pokemon

Fastest the Wailmer
Sent into battle whenever an enemy uses a priority move
Must be in top three slots of team
Evolve after consuming 10 Carbos
Solo Rayquaza

After beating Rayquaza, all previous requirements are lifted, except quick claw
Must hold Quick Claw for the entire game

SCRAMBLE CHALLANGE Part 5! GOGOGO!!!

• We are left off beating Flannery and on the road to catch myself a Cacnea. The only problem is that they have a 6% encounter rate in Emerald... and I need a female one. So guess what? I need a replacement for my replacement. Thanks to EndQuote for AntLion the Trapinch!
  • I catch myself a Lax Trapinch and I'm like "Uhhhhh... what? O.o" with the nature. +Def -SpDef. Could be much worse, I suppose, but still, it would have been nice to get a boost in either attacking stat
  • Off to the Mirage Tower to take the Root Fossil before the tower crumbles beneath my feet... how on Earth did I land right way up on my bike!?
  • Off to challenge Norman immediately - I don't have much better to do at this point anyways. Should be a piece of cake right? Well after Swarley solos his one trainer, Kicker proceeds to destroy the rest of the gym and go up to level 39
  • Norman is a breeze too, until well, Slaking. Haha. I was frightened for my life when I read this... So Kicker uses Double Kick of course. Slaking is barely surviving in the red. Then... "Slaking used Counter" My eyes are WIDE opened when Kicker's health keeps dwindling into the red zone... surviving with 10HP BOOYEAH. Multi-hit moves rule! Then the stupid thing is loafing around while I go for the KO
  • Off to route 118 just to get my Good Rod so I can catch Speedy. Then well, what happens next is weird. I go down to Slateport to try fishing and I catch a Wailmer. All is good, except for having an Impish nature. Really!? It ONLY uses special attacks... but then I am given a miracle. My cartridge glitches up or something! XD It freezes up and makes random beeping sounds... well. Now I have to reset and catch a new Speedy. Good thing I saved in Slateport, at least. Then... I catch a Timid Wailmer. :D How fitting, it'll be fast anyways, and I have no need for Physical Attacks so this is great! Off to buy myself 9 Carbos (I randomly found one) and now I'm nearly broke >.< Ah well, he'll be evolving at level 40 now
  • I'm planning on Surfing South of Slateport all the way around to Petalburg Forest before I head east of Mauville. I'll level up Speedy, AntLion, and Sunz before my entire team gets over-levelled and these route are redundant and unnecessary
  • Nothing notable happens, except for the fact that EVERY Poison Sting aimed at my team ALWAYS poisons. What a pain. :/ Oh, and AntLion is horribly weak. At least I have no real use for my Dig TM, so I taught it to him. I can't wait longer for decent STAB...
  • Onto the Abandoned Ship, I search around and find myself TM13IceBeam (no not the Smogon member :P) and teach it to Speedy. I was planning on winning it at Mauville... but this is easier and I'm broke anyways XD
  • The rest of the trip is just more leveling up, nothing exciting here. Too bad no shinies. I found my first ever shiny while surfing - a Wingull
  • · Off to Mauville, but wait, I forgot all about the New Mauville side quest. Well, it'd be a good way to level up Antlion, considering he's immune to electric attacks. But first, I watch a Linoone on Route 118 and teach it Strength - my new HM slave xD

Next time: Off to New Mauville and reaching Foretree City – possibly the gym battle!
Team so far:
AntLion the level 30 Trapinch @ BlackGlasses: Dig/Swagger/Faint Attack/Sand-Attack
Sunz the level 30 Solrock @ Hard Rock: Rock Throw/Tackle/Fire Spin/Harden
Speedy the level 30 Wailmer @ Quick Claw: Surf/Astonish/Ice Beam/Rollout
Swarley the level 36 Swalot: Sludge Bomb/yawn/Body Slam/Amnesia
(I taught him Sludge Bomb using the TM - I'm not going to use it on anyone else so I may as well use it now instead of waiting ~10 levels)
Cindy the level 36 Swellow @ Silk Scarf: Facade/Steel Wing/Wing Attack/Endeavor
Kicker the level 39 Blaziken: Double Kick/Blaze Kick/Peck/Quick Attack

MVP: Swarley for being able to be the recipient of "switch and bait" with AntLion nearly every times. No one else could take repeated hits very well.
LVP: Heh heh, AntLion. He could not take hits at all (maybe because I was mainly surfing to train him...) but nonetheless, being forced to teach him Dig so he can have a decent attacking move was a pain. Especially when he got confused. Two chances for confusion when attacking is annoying.

As always, comments and criticism are appreciated! Thanks for reading!

EDIT:
Ok, I accept all so far. Waiting on EndQuote and Axmaster68. Couple questions though.

@auramaster: is the berry restriction just for contest purposes, or does that mean he can never use a berry ever?

@Newby NoOb: Since the first restriction on Hypothesis relies on its nature, does that mean I can catch as many as I like until I get one that isn't a nuetral nature, or do I have to go with the first one I catch?

@LafondaOnFire: You contradict yourself with the explosion/self-destruct requirement. "Whenever he does not have a status condition and his HP is in the red, he must use the move since he is not much use anymore and does not wish for you to waste your items to heal him." and "Must use Selfdestruct/Explosion whenever in red health and statused"

So which is it?

EDIT2: Accepted EndQuote. It would seem I'm going to have a much harder fight this time around, looking at these!
Whoops, a simple overlook on my part. Whenever he DOES have a status condition. Hence why he feels he is not much use anymore and does not want you to waste items - since until you can get Full Restores in late game, you'll need to use two items to heal HP and status.

Jimera, you get Wotter the Mudkip. Wotter was once part of the group of Mudkip that took in Kipkip the Oshawott for a while. He just happened to be one of his best friends, until he got kicked out and joined waterwarrior. So, he must keep one move that Oshawott can learn that is UNDER 50 BP, the BP of KipKip's move that Mudkip can learn in 5th gen. Still, Wotter is part of the Water type army, joining the battle against the evil Grass and Electric type armies. He must carry out the fight against each army, and must carry out the following:
-solo your rival's starter twice(not including the first battle)
-solo 25 trainer owned electric and 45 trainer owned grass types
-solo all trainers in Wattson's gym.

Once the above are complete, Wotter can evolve.

When he does evolve, his personal vendetta against grass types grows so much that he now must solo every grass type not required for another pokemon to solo. He must never participate in a battle with your Shroomish. He must also solo every electric type, to prove his loyalty to the water tribe. He is also how part of the Ground tribe, one of the many allies of the Water tribe. And so, he must solo all ice types.
Note: Each all solo means as many as possible, or as many as you want to do. Since you said no more than 50, I suppose you can make each time I said all into 50.

Wotter can evolve to Swampert after Tate and Liza. Also, Wotter must know 1 and only 1 move above 80 BP, and 1 STAB move. The STAB move must have no more than 60 BP. Also, Wotter must solo Loreli and 2 other E4 pokemon. Finally, Wotter must never use an SE move, as the water tribe is one of the most noble tribes there is. All of the Marshtomp restrictions carry over to Swampert, and you will need to repeat the 50 pokemon solos, except you can substitute 12 trainer-owned ones of each.

If this is too redundant, I will change it.

Now then, King Serperior, you get Jack the Caterpie. Jack, like Jack from Starcraft, is not very intellegent, so cannot ever use special moves once he learns a physical attack. He is also very honorable, and can never use SE moves. He hates his enemy, who he used to love(AKA any girl Johto GL) and so must solo her with only physical and status attacks. Jack, like Jack from Starcraft, is a guy. It takes Jack quite a while to beat his enemy Sarah, and so the battle must go 20 turns or longer total. He is also extremely resourceful, and so must solo 15 pokemon that's STAB/s are super effective on him, and get into the red against 5 of them. He must lead the party, and never leave the party, as he is extremely loyal and leader-like. Jack must solo 1 other gym leader to evolve(yes Falkner counts) to evolve, and must have all moves under 80 BP and use them to solo 1 gym leader to evolve again. The chosen enemy does NOT count for either. Finally, Jack must solo 2 pokemon in the E4, and land the final blow on the champion and Red's final pokemon.

Good luck to you both.

If this isn't creative enough, sorry and let me know please!

King Serperior, take Kamek the Misdreavus (no Abra allowed). He is the most important of all the Magikoopas (even though Kammy is a bit of a hassle sometimes...), and so has the right to be incredibly cocky. Because of this, it must solo 25 Psychic and 25 Ghost Pokémon before it can evolve. It may NEVER harm any Pokémon that have a resemblance to a turtle (I guess there's a little leeway with this restriction, so just don't be a dick and be incredibly liberal with your definition of turtle), as he would never harm another Koopa, ESPECIALLY Bowser. It must have 2 beam-related moves whenever possible (your choices are Psywave, Confuse Ray, Psybeam, Power Gem, Shock Wave, Charge Beam). It has to solo Bruno to stop his Pokémon to grow up and later defeat his king.

And yes, you can evolve it pre-E4. Bug-Catching Contest and Pokéathlon on any day but Wednesday and Sunday may put you off-track, but its not hard.

?????????Physical Butterfree?????????

Against Whitney???????

I thought my rules said no crazy challenges.............

@waterwarrior, never heard of Kamek before.... Which game is he from?

?????????Physical Butterfree?????????

Against Whitney???????

I thought my rules said no crazy challenges.............

@waterwarrior, never heard of Kamek before.... Which game is he from?
Kamek is originally from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and makes major appearances in Yoshi's Island DS, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and the Mario & Luigi RPG series, most natably Partners In Time.

Here's a visual reference:

He's just a very specific Magikoopa to numerous plots in the Mario series.

Sorry Axmaster, but that's crossing the boundry from "Hard" to "Insane". You're asking me to solo 45 grass Pokemon with a MUDKIP. And then to solo every grass type after it evolves despite having a 4x weakness. That's hard enough, but I'm only allowed ONE STAB move on a dual type, limited BP, and I can't evolve it until LONG after it would've evolved otherwise. I wanted a bit of challenge, but that's a little too much for this playthrough. Also I suppose I should clarify that "no more than 50 Pokemon Solo rule" as I didn't make it clear enough.

I don't want to have to solo more than 50 Pokemon per a Pokemon as a requirement (TOTAL. For example you have Wotter soloing 70 total to evolve so it's over the limit). Ironically, "solo all" restrictions don't count, because I don't have to grind in order to meet it; it just means I have to use the Pokemon against those I do encounter. Essentially I don't want to be forced to spend an hour or so seeking out a specific type of Pokemon in order to meet a requirement; it's not challenging, it's just boring and annoying.

So if you could give me something a little lighter on the grinding and forced type disadvantages, that'd be nice :)

ALSO: I still need answers for these two questions:

Ok, I'll figure something out. Poison Powder, U-Turn, Tackle:(, Bug Bite(learns right?). Could work..................if not for Miltank's sky-high Atk, speed, and ROLL OUT O.O
I may have to Sleep Powder it...........

Sorry for the double post, but here is my current team minus the restrictions for now:

1. Sarge the Diglett by BeastMode( I need new restrictions because the ones you gave me are invalid...)

2. Cell the Pidgey by Super Sayian( Awesome restrictions!!)

3. El Gigante the Swinub by Vratix( With the clarification I recieved, this is very good)

4. Jack the Caterpie by Axemaster( This is a ThreadshotA1 level challange...... Maybe the same poke but based off someone a little different??)

5. Kamek the Misdreavus by waterwarrior( Time to reset the DS times so I can get that Stone ASAP)

6. ?????? the ??????? by Captains( At 1:38 P.M. GMT -5, your challange will be nullified and up for grabs)

My Challange rules and restrictions are on the last page if Captains does not make a post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)