Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I'll do one for SoulSilver.

1. I want a balanced team.
2. I don't want any Pokemon that evolves by trading.
3. I want to start with Totodile.

I'll be on later today since I have to go to school.
Thanks.

Reserving a cruel and very difficult _____ for MysticZap, will solo Pryce and Claire. Fill in a Pokemon of your choice.

Firstly, welcome to Smogon! Secondly, this is a cruel place, where people are punished for asking questions in the wrong place, and starting new threads for nothing.

So, to acclimatise, I figured I'd be cruel and give you one hell of a challenge.

You get Vita, the _____. This is a very expensive, high maintenance and overall not worthwhile ______. Just the entrance fee for this thing is insane. The moment you catch Vita, you must pay P3680, by trashing items from your bag worth that much money. This gets you the Value Pack, which comes with Vita and a free game! That free game takes you into Uncharted territory, forcing you to enter the Pokeathlon. You must compete in the Pokeathlon and win using Vita and two other pokemon, and it must involve a race-based event (so things like the Hurdle Dash), before you may use Vita in battle.

Afterwards, you realise that Vita has just horribly ruined itself, just prior to you catching it. Pay P4000 (after beating the Pokeathlon) to start using Vita. You get 5 moves, and 3 types. That's all your Vita can have. The four moves it has when you catch it count, and you can add one to make 5, by replacing an old move. Of the 5 moves, they can only be of 3 different types (e.g. bug, normal and flying).

To make full use of Vita, you must heal its injuries by downloading more stuff. For each payment of P2000, you may learn one extra move. For each payment of P3000, you may learn moves of an extra type.

In the end, you realise Vita just isn't worth the original hype (you get to choose whatever Pokemon you want! That's worth some hype...), and you regret spending so much money on it. To prove its worth, venture into the Mahogany and Blackthorn Gyms with only Vita, and solo the trainers and leaders.

After that's done, you realise that Vita isn't too bad, but still sort of regret the money. So from now on, you decide it's not worth it to spend any more resources on Vita. So don't use Items/TMs/whatever on it.

And if you have any Pokemon whose names (either Species name, or nickname) begin with a '3', a 'D' or a 'S', they must be of a lower level than Vita.

*congrats to anyone who can name the four things referenced in this challenge.

Guys, who let Treadshot out of his cage?
He's terrorizing the new blood again.

Welcome to Smogon, MysticZap.
I'm giving you a Skyrim-themed one that got rejected a while ago.

Catch a Ledyba and name him Sneak.
This Ledyba, like my character in Skyrim, spends the vast majority of his time crouched in shadows, hiding in plain view.
He can only attack when he feels that he is completely hidden.

If a non-confused non-wild enemy directly attacks him, he must use Supersonic immediately to hide again.
In other words, in trainer battles, if he is hit with a direct attack and the enemy isn't confused already, he must use Supersonic immediately.

He must successfully defeat two gym trainers without getting attacked once to evolve.

He must solo at least two Pokémon in the Elite Four.

Good luck!

MisticZap, I am sorry for the cruelty that you are going to suffer at the hands of Treadshot and Endquote, so I will give you a chance to make this better for you.

How? You may ask. Well the answer is simple, my friend. You will take a very "easy" Challange from me :)

Take Jack the Red Gyarados. One status move, one special move, one Physical move, and one move of your choice.

Was that so bad? Well, not now, but it will. Solo all the Rocket Admins in the Radio tower, Solo your rival at Victory Road, and solo Bruno. You must do this using a max of 2 healing items for each solo.

Now, here is the twist: if you can make Any of rival's Pokemon use Struggle, then you get absolutely no restrictions!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to start playing after school. I still have another 5 hours to go. If I have any more free time I'll pop back in.

Well since you're wanting to start ASAP I guess I'll throw you one so you can get started quickly.

So you want a Totodile eh? Well here you go, take a Totodile named Overbite. This Totadile has a horrific overbite that is so bad that it can hardly chew its food, let alone bite its opponents. As such, it can never have a move that involves the use of its teeth, so no fang moves or biting moves.

Yeah I'll leave it at that. Besides being tired and not feeling creative at all, you look like you could use a nice, simple challenge after some of the brutal ones you've been given.

WHY DID NO ONE NOTIFY ME WE WERE AT PAGE 95 >.<

Anyways, ATTEEEEEENTION!

The second stage of the Page 100 Scramble Awards voting can be found here. Go vote my brethren, and I will actually vote this time around!

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
I really hope I'm not stupid and have miscounted. There seems to only be four Pokemon so far, so in that case I'll reserve for Mystic. Will edit in shortly. :D

EDIT: MysticZap, your team is (disregarding Treadshot's choose-able challange) extremely Electric-weak. The solution to this? Give you something neutral to Electric. Duh.

You get Brilliance the Girafarig. A friendly reminder that Girafarig can be caught on Routes 43 and 48. (Sorry this challenge is kind of late in the game, by the way, but it's really all I could make work!) EDIT: I guess theoretically you could head to Mahogany right after defeating Morty in Ecruteak and getting Surf. This would allow you to get Girafarig before her level becomes usurped into obscurity and allows you to have her for Chuck. Smart, right?

Girafarig is, of course, a Psychic beast, and is in-tune with the majesty that is the Nether (or something?) Because of this, it wants to be in-tune with a Psychic Pokemon that you have known before. To satisfy this demand, whenever you first go to the Ruins of Alph (before or after Falkner, basically) you must activate and capture an Unown from the Ruins.

Take this Unown and use its Hidden Power for a few battles to see which type it is (you know, based on effectiveness versus opposing Pokemon). If you've fought every Pokemon near Violet and still can't determine the type of your Hidden Power, then assume it falls under Category X, which I'll explain in a second.

Once you've discovered the type of your Unown's Hidden Power, you may Box it, but remember the type! Your Girafarig must learn one move of this Unown's Hidden Power type, either by TM or Level-Up, before you finish facing all the Kanto Gyms. Here's a handy list of moves Girafarig can learn.

If the Hidden Power of your Unown is either a type that Girafarig cannot learn a move of (such as Dragon) or you were unable to discover it (Category X) you may teach it any TM move of your choosing. This move that corresponds to the Unown's Hidden Power can be either a damaging or status move, so choose wisely. It may also never be unlearned.

In addition, to counter your Electric weakness, you must teach your Girafarig the Earthquake TM that is found in Victory Road. Unless you really want to give it to someone else, I guess. I won't be too cruel, just if you don't have anyone to use it on, make Brilliance learn it.

For the second part of the challenge, Girafarig is upset that it can't evolve. What a load of crap! Now it can't have any evolutionary restrictions! But you know who does evolve? And who has a typing that Girafarig is weak to?

KOGA'S ARIADOS! That bastard. Use Girafarig to deny Koga's Ariados any joy in life. Thankfully it's part Poison so you can just kill it off with Psychic or something. But yeah. Girafarig is mad.

In Summary:
-One move that matches the type of an Unown's Hidden Power.
-Possibly Earthquake, unless you need to give it to someone else.
-Defeat Koga's Ariados in a battle to the death.

Okay, if you're rejecting Treadshot, I'm feeling mean today, so I'll give you a Treadshot like pokemon >:). Reserving for Mystic. Will be up in a few.

EDIT: Mystic, take IHATEYOUSO the Weedle. IHATEYOUSO hates everyone, and wants to shun them. As such, he wants to make them think he is super useless. So, the only attacking moves he can use as a Weedle are Poison Sting and String Shot. Even so, he wants you to use him, but he requires a fee. You must throw out 2500 dollars worth of items for him to be used in any ONE gym/ against 1 E4 member, and 1000 dollars for every rival battle you use him in. He also requires a 100 dollar fee for any regular(trainer/wild) battle he is in. Also, he hates items, and can never hold one (no exp. share for you >:)). He can also never leave your party, and to evolve, must solo Whitney(Bugsy if you want to). Now, after evolution, he hates everyone and thing still, but he wants to join the pokeathelon, and such must win 15 of them before he can be used after Ecretuk. Now, keep in mind IHATEYOUSO will be a Kakuna for most of the game. So, you must use him to defeat 2 gym leaders which know SE moves on the Bug type on your way through Johto, and to the E4(whose' members count too). When you finally reach Kanto, IHATEYOUSO must reach the one thing he hates least: Islands. So, he loves Cinnabar and Seafoam Islands, and can ignore ALL his restrictions when he is there. First, before he can reach his favorite place, he must evolve by soloing 2 more GLs, this time Brock and Janine(just any 2 if you want easier mode). As a Beedrill, his moveset MUST BE: String Shot/ Poison Sting/ Rage/ Protect. After this, immeadiatly head to Cinnabar, and store him in the box until the second E4. When you finally reach your second-to-last goal, IHATEYOUSO must solo 1 member, and be used against each one of them that is not being soloed. Finally, solo 1 of Red's pokemon, and when he is a Beedrill and not on Cinnabar/Seafoam, he cannot use SE moves.

Good luck, and enjoy your proper Treadshot challange!

If you will take another one, then have this one:
Take Anti-Treadshot the Magnemite. (A-T for short)
Well, this Magnemite will probably never become the OU Magnezone because apparently you can't trade.
Anyways, this little critter is the cousin of No Death and has similar anti-Treadshot functions with some non-Treadshot easiness.

I'm trying a point system thing. You start out with 2 points.

Restrictions: You can spend points to get rid of restrictions. (2)=2 points to remove
(2)First, must try to defeat all Fire and Fighting Pokemon. Especially Fire-Fighting Pokemon.
(2)Solo all Trainers who have a name that starts with T. (Gyms not included)
(2) (Holy shit I saw Axmaster's challange) Solo all bug type pokemon.
(1) Must solo the Lighthouse.
(3) May never evolve

Ways to earn points:
(1) When you catch it, if it has magnet pull. Must be first Magnemite you catch.
(1) When you catch it, once and only once, you may RNG a number 1-5. If it's 5, gain 1 point.
(2) Solo an entire gym. Can only be done in Johto. (Infinite Uses)
(2) Solo 15 Grass type pokemon with physical moves. (Once)
(2) Defeat 5 Trainers with only Steel Type Moves. (Infinite Uses)

Have Fun!

Um, Axmaster? You know he rejected Treadshots challange because he doesn't have a stylus right? He can't do Pokathelons lol. So he would reject that one too.

So I'm gonna give a Weedle challange. I haven't assigned a Pokemon in a while. MysticZap, take Pure the Weedle. It may only learn Level-up moves and can only evolve at levels ending in 0. 10, 20, 30, etc. Have it solo a Gym Leader in both Johto and Kanto and if it does, it may learn the TM the Gym Leader gives you. Welcome to Smogon, enjoy your Scramble. Good luck!

Here is my accepted team.

Well since you're wanting to start ASAP I guess I'll throw you one so you can get started quickly.

So you want a Totodile eh? Well here you go, take a Totodile named Overbite. This Totadile has a horrific overbite that is so bad that it can hardly chew its food, let alone bite its opponents. As such, it can never have a move that involves the use of its teeth, so no fang moves or biting moves.

Yeah I'll leave it at that. Besides being tired and not feeling creative at all, you look like you could use a nice, simple challenge after some of the brutal ones you've been given.

Guys, who let Treadshot out of his cage?
He's terrorizing the new blood again.

Welcome to Smogon, MysticZap.
I'm giving you a Skyrim-themed one that got rejected a while ago.

Catch a Ledyba and name him Sneak.
This Ledyba, like my character in Skyrim, spends the vast majority of his time crouched in shadows, hiding in plain view.
He can only attack when he feels that he is completely hidden.

If a non-confused non-wild enemy directly attacks him, he must use Supersonic immediately to hide again.
In other words, in trainer battles, if he is hit with a direct attack and the enemy isn't confused already, he must use Supersonic immediately.

He must successfully defeat two gym trainers without getting attacked once to evolve.

He must solo at least two Pokémon in the Elite Four.

Good luck!

MisticZap, I am sorry for the cruelty that you are going to suffer at the hands of Treadshot and Endquote, so I will give you a chance to make this better for you.

How? You may ask. Well the answer is simple, my friend. You will take a very "easy" Challange from me :)

Take Jack the Red Gyarados. One status move, one special move, one Physical move, and one move of your choice.

Was that so bad? Well, not now, but it will. Solo all the Rocket Admins in the Radio tower, Solo your rival at Victory Road, and solo Bruno. You must do this using a max of 2 healing items for each solo.

Now, here is the twist: if you can make Any of rival's Pokemon use Struggle, then you get absolutely no restrictions!!!

I really hope I'm not stupid and have miscounted. There seems to only be four Pokemon so far, so in that case I'll reserve for Mystic. Will edit in shortly. :D

EDIT: MysticZap, your team is (disregarding Treadshot's choose-able challange) extremely Electric-weak. The solution to this? Give you something neutral to Electric. Duh.

You get Brilliance the Girafarig. A friendly reminder that Girafarig can be caught on Routes 43 and 48. (Sorry this challenge is kind of late in the game, by the way, but it's really all I could make work!) EDIT: I guess theoretically you could head to Mahogany right after defeating Morty in Ecruteak and getting Surf. This would allow you to get Girafarig before her level becomes usurped into obscurity and allows you to have her for Chuck. Smart, right?

Girafarig is, of course, a Psychic beast, and is in-tune with the majesty that is the Nether (or something?) Because of this, it wants to be in-tune with a Psychic Pokemon that you have known before. To satisfy this demand, whenever you first go to the Ruins of Alph (before or after Falkner, basically) you must activate and capture an Unown from the Ruins.

Take this Unown and use its Hidden Power for a few battles to see which type it is (you know, based on effectiveness versus opposing Pokemon). If you've fought every Pokemon near Violet and still can't determine the type of your Hidden Power, then assume it falls under Category X, which I'll explain in a second.

Once you've discovered the type of your Unown's Hidden Power, you may Box it, but remember the type! Your Girafarig must learn one move of this Unown's Hidden Power type, either by TM or Level-Up, before you finish facing all the Kanto Gyms. Here's a handy list of moves Girafarig can learn.

If the Hidden Power of your Unown is either a type that Girafarig cannot learn a move of (such as Dragon) or you were unable to discover it (Category X) you may teach it any TM move of your choosing. This move that corresponds to the Unown's Hidden Power can be either a damaging or status move, so choose wisely. It may also never be unlearned.

In addition, to counter your Electric weakness, you must teach your Girafarig the Earthquake TM that is found in Victory Road. Unless you really want to give it to someone else, I guess. I won't be too cruel, just if you don't have anyone to use it on, make Brilliance learn it.

For the second part of the challenge, Girafarig is upset that it can't evolve. What a load of crap! Now it can't have any evolutionary restrictions! But you know who does evolve? And who has a typing that Girafarig is weak to?

KOGA'S ARIADOS! That bastard. Use Girafarig to deny Koga's Ariados any joy in life. Thankfully it's part Poison so you can just kill it off with Psychic or something. But yeah. Girafarig is mad.

In Summary:
-One move that matches the type of an Unown's Hidden Power.
-Possibly Earthquake, unless you need to give it to someone else.
-Defeat Koga's Ariados in a battle to the death.

If you will take another one, then have this one:
Take Anti-Treadshot the Magnemite. (A-T for short)
Well, this Magnemite will probably never become the OU Magnezone because apparently you can't trade.
Anyways, this little critter is the cousin of No Death and has similar anti-Treadshot functions with some non-Treadshot easiness.

I'm trying a point system thing. You start out with 2 points.

Restrictions: You can spend points to get rid of restrictions. (2)=2 points to remove
(2)First, must try to defeat all Fire and Fighting Pokemon. Especially Fire-Fighting Pokemon.
(2)Solo all Trainers who have a name that starts with T. (Gyms not included)
(2) (Holy shit I saw Axmaster's challange) Solo all bug type pokemon.
(1) Must solo the Lighthouse.
(3) May never evolve

Ways to earn points:
(1) When you catch it, if it has magnet pull. Must be first Magnemite you catch.
(1) When you catch it, once and only once, you may RNG a number 1-5. If it's 5, gain 1 point.
(2) Solo an entire gym. Can only be done in Johto. (Infinite Uses)
(2) Solo 15 Grass type pokemon with physical moves. (Once)
(2) Defeat 5 Trainers with only Steel Type Moves. (Infinite Uses)

Have Fun!

So I'm gonna give a Weedle challange. I haven't assigned a Pokemon in a while. MysticZap, take Pure the Weedle. It may only learn Level-up moves and can only evolve at levels ending in 0. 10, 20, 30, etc. Have it solo a Gym Leader in both Johto and Kanto and if it does, it may learn the TM the Gym Leader gives you. Welcome to Smogon, enjoy your Scramble. Good luck!

This is going to be an interesting challenge with my major weaknesses to fire, electric, and rock. Thanks again to all who submitted challenges.

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone, and welcome to my post where I'll be updating my progress throughout my Pokemon Black Scramble! Before we get to the meat of the journey, here's what I received from you guys:

1) waterwarrior's Gothdevoir the Gothita. As a Gothita, it can only use moves that Ralts can also use. It must solo 5 trainers to evolve. As a Gothorita, it begins to show its angsty, hipstery teen nature, and only has to have 2 moves that Kirlia and Gothorita share. It must solo 10 trainers and an entire Gym to evolve into Gothitelle. Fully evolved, it has its goth side fully fleshed out, and only needs to have one move that Gothitelle and Gardevoir share. However, this isn't nearly the end of its restrictions. As a Gothitelle, you must solo every smiling Pokemon you see (unless it conflicts with another solo), as it wants to share its unhappiness around all of Unova.

My Opinions: A pretty solid Pokemon! I actually used a Gothita on my last [like two months ago] Black playthrough and was pleasantly surprised. Thankfully, Gothita learns practically every TM that Ralts does, so I'll be able to satisfy some conditions that way.

2) King Serperior's Purrloin.
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo the psychic E4 member using only Assist.

My Opinions: I'll be honest. I dislike Purrloin. But at the same time, I'm glad this challenge is making me use Pokemon I normally wouldn't [read: Purrloin, Joltik, Woobat, Tepig] so I'm okay with this. Also, Assist is one my favorite moves in the game! I think it's super funny.

3) gamer40000's Jerktik the Joltik!

First, this Joltik has to always be in your party.

Second, he starts with one free move. You get the rest by either catching a Joltik and raising it to the first number of the power/ accuracy (for status moves) of the move (9 for Bug Buzz, 10 for Thunder Wave) or catching that many Joltik. He must always have a TM, he can only have 3 moveslots after evolution and the costs cost double (and renew your costs), and it must solo Drayden and solo 30 ground-types.

Have fun!

P.S: If you unlock a moveslot, it is there forever, but you must upgrade after you get a move that costs more. (e.g. If you get Electroweb, then replace it with Double Team, you have to solo/catch 4 more Joltiks.) You also have to start over after evolution. On the good side, free experience!

My Opinions: I. Hate. Tarantulas. They scare the shit out of me. So what do I have to do? Catch lots of them. Beautiful. I love it. And by "I love it" I mean I'd rather gouge my eyes out. Thanks. On the plus side, I get to solo Drayden lolololololololololololol delightful.

4) The Reptile's Jack, the Pansage. Jack is a samurai, and can only use Physical Attacking moves. Jack must always be in your party. Jack strives to be better than your starter and can never be 5 levels lower than Tepig. If he is, level him up until he's the same level as your starter. You cannot use Jack for the first gym leader. Jack must solo any and every gym leader not part of a challenge. Jack cannot use a SE move until the opponent is at yellow health, then it must finish of the pokemon using a SE move if it's available. Once Jack is in a battle, you cannot switch him out until he is at red health. You cannot use any items on Jack, and he must always have a held item at all times. You cannot evolve Jack until he is at least level 30 and is at a higher level than your starter. When Jack evolves, you must teach him a TM move that is either a Physical Attacking move or a stat-boosting move ASAP. Depending on what you chose determines Jack's next restriction.
- If he has another attacking move, remove any item on Jack. Jack can no longer hold items. Jack must lead your party at all times.
- If he has a stat-boosting move, he must use this move twice every time he is brought into a battle as soon as he enters the battle. Jack can never switch out and must stay in until either he faints or the battle is won.

My Opinions: Probably the easiest challenge, in my opinion. But that's probably because I use Pansage a lot [hooray for Shaking Grass encounters in the Forest!] so I already know how to react to this. Using only Physical moves is fine, as Seed Bomb and Acrobatics are pretty standard on any Pan/Simisage I run. Soloing non-solo-required Gym Leaders will be interesting though... thankfully Skyla and Brycen are out, so I'm not at any type disadvantages. Clay is easy, duh. Lenora will be an issue due to levels, and Elesa has those stupid Emolga with Flying moves.

5) Jimera0's Woobat, named IH8U. This Woobat hates the fact that he's associated with friendship and love and stuff and so he refuses to like you. He will hate you, to show that not Woobat are kissy wubbykins! He's way too cool for that! Have him learn Frustration as soon as possible (Nimbassa is where you can buy the TM), and he cannot learn Heart Stamp or Attract. He refuses to hold that sissy Soothe bell either. He must also learn a dark type move ASAP (Assurance pretty much comes standard so this shouldn't take long) to show how he can be dark and brooding too. But this isn't the tricky part, not yet. No, you see because he hates you, he refuses to listen to you. Instead, he does whatever the hell he wants. When in battle with him, roll a 6 sided die. 1 corresponds to the move in the upper left moveslot, 2 to the upper right, 3 to the lower left and 4 to the lower right. If you roll a 5, he decides to listen to you for once, and you can chose whichever one you want. If you roll a 6, you have to switch him out of the fight because he refuses to fight anymore.

That would be it, but there's a problem with IH8U's little protest against lovey doveyness. Despite his declared hatred of you, the more time he spends with you the more he realizes that he actually kind of likes you. Each time you get a badge, you have to roll the one less turn as often. So after you get one badge with him on your team, you only have to roll the die every 2nd turn, after 2 every third turn, and so on. Eventually he'll find himself evolving because he likes you so much, and then he can no longer pretend he hates everything. Replace Frustration with Return, and the die rolling restriction is removed. However the other restrictions remain in place, as he has no intention of being a sissy nonetheless. You may rename him to whatever you want after this, as he trusts you enough to give him a good one.

My Opinions: This challenge screams obscenities at me. Or, rather, I'll be screaming obscenities at Woobat until I get a few badges and stop having to roll a die so much. I have such bad luck, it's awful. Boo. However, I do like this idea!

6) EndQuote's Tepig, Cinders, which has some sort of mental problem. I am not going to lengthen this post to the extreme by including all the relevant information. Here's all that good stuff.

My Opinions: I love the creativity of this idea! Most of these requirements aren't too difficult, I think, so it won't neuter my ability to use Tepig. But they're very creative and I'm quite interested.

Current Gym Leader requirements:
1) Pansage may not be used against Cress.
2) Tepig must solo Burgh to evolve into Pignite, and then later solo Brycen and his Gym.
3) Gothorita must solo a Gym of my choice. [Probably going for Skyla here... Because Shock Wave is available as a TM on Route 7 and I know for a fact that Gothorita can learn this. Also, there's no way Pan/Simisage could solo Skyla.]
4) Joltik must solo Drayden.
5) Pansage must solo all other Gyms that don't have a requirement. [Lenora, Elesa, Clay.]

Current Elite 4 requirements:
1) Liepard must solo Caitlin using only Assist.
2) Emboar must lead and defeat two of Grimsley's Pokemon.

Evolution requirements:
1) Tepig must solo Burgh to evolve into Pignite.
2) Pignite must defeat one Pokemon of each type to evolve into Emboar. (This is post-Brycen's Gym.)
3) Gothorita must solo a Gym of my choice to evolve into Gothitelle.

So, that being said, here's the first chapter! Each chapter from here-in will be added here and I'll notify you guys in a separate post, much like Jimera does. Hope you enjoy!

Note: I must admit, my ambition in life is to become an author. Hence, I've done quite a bit of pre-planning. The way I write this, the story will be divided into five parts: Parts One, Two, and Three; the Endgame; then the Postgame. Just a heads-up. It makes me smile, I guess, so just roll with my need for arbitrary planning.

What but design of darkness to appall?--
If design govern in a thing so small.
Robert Frost, "Design"

A bright flash of light fades from the scene, and I am left standing with Professor Juniper in the midst of her laboratory, scattered papers of data strewn around the room. "Hello!" she exclaims, as if my return from the virtual world created by her Simulator is something out of the ordinary. "That was your last go in the Simulator, wasn't it? Tomorrow you turn sixteen, and gain your own Pokemon for protection."

I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter, so I just shrug. This concerns her, apparently, because she frowns.

"Okay. Let's just check the Simulator left you with all your memories intact. What's your name?"

"Professor," I groaned, "the Simulator works fine. You should know that, you designed it. I'm just not overly thrilled to be leaving home."

"Answer the question please," she said, looking down at a clipboard.

I sighed. "My name is Rory. Tomorrow is my birthday, I'm turning sixteen. It's nearing the end of Spring right now. My two best friends are Cheren, the workaholic with big dreams, and Bianca, the klutz who always tries her best. You satisfied?"

"I am," she smiled. "I just had to check, Rory! Your mother would bawl for days if she thought she would ever have permanently lost you. She'll quite readily accept that you have to go on this Pokemon journey, just like all other kids, but the thought of losing you would strike her down instantly."

"I know what my mother's like, Professor."

"That's enough sass out of you, mister. Go on home, I'll see you tomorrow."

--

'Pokemon come in all different shapes and are found across all of Unova!'

'Battling with Pokemon deepens the bonds between the Pokemon and its trainer.'

Some of Professor Juniper's words shot through my mind the next morning. The box -- the box of destiny -- was already sitting on my table when I woke up. Mom would've put it there immediately when the Professor dropped it off. Now all I had to do was wait for Cheren and Bianca to come over so we could march forwards and meet our fates. Delightful. Honestly. Truly. I couldn't wait, I suppose.

I sat on the bed, dressed for the day and everything that would come beyond it, my satchel sitting at the foot of the bed, when a knock on the front door downstairs proclaimed my friends' arrivals. Or, at least from what I could see from my window, Cheren's arrival. Bianca was late, as usual, but I didn't mind. The postponing of this event did not force every nerve in my body to squirm. This was a deciding factor for the rest of our lives, I could hardly see why Cheren was so pushy about it.

He made some nasty comments about Bianca being late because she had to milk her cows or something. He was always so rude to her because she wasn't as smart as him. It made me wonder what he thought of me, truthfully. I would normally stick up for Bianca but the comment was fleeting and I chalked both his acerbic words and my apathy to the tension of the room.

And then she was there, in my doorway, like a sudden storm. "I'm so sorry that I'm late!"

Before Cheren could degrade her, I assured her it was fine, and I opened the box so as to avoid conflict. It was my birthday, so I got to pick first. That just went without saying. Being the youngest of my friends was easily an advantage.

"Please settle your choice politely. I really hope you find what is important to you in all of these travels." I read from Professor Juniper's note, then looked behind me at the glow that had encompassed Cheren's eyes and almost felt like tossing the box out the window. I felt this would be more trouble than it was worth, so I just grabbed the middle Poke Ball, the piglet, I think, and step aside.

Bianca tosses the Poke Ball that contains the otter to Cheren and grabs that snake-like creature for herself, and then has the guts to demand that we battle. Well, you know what? I don't want to! But she'll never listen, I should know that by now. So; "Okay, sure. I guess."

"Don't sound like such a lamer," Cheren mocked, which annoys me because I definitely coined the use of the term 'lamer' amongst the three of us. I didn't even think Cheren had ever played a Final Fantasy game, let alone FF8.

I summon forth my little pig, who shall hopefully have the last laugh in this situation, and decide that I should probably refer to him by a name and not just continue to make references to fairytales with pigs in them. So, mentally, I name him Cinders and that is the end of that moral dilemma.

Bianca seems really intent on winning this, and her grass-snake, Snivy or whatever, is curled on her arm like a leech. It looks kind of cute, and I don't really want to hurt it, so I just tell Cinders to use Tail Whip and maybe that'll make it cry or something. Passive was always kind of my deal. Being aggressive? Well, that belonged to Bianca, actually. And Cheren was more in charge of the preppy way of being passive-aggressive to get what he wanted. What a trio we made.

Anyway, her Snivy wasn't going to stand for any of that shit battling that I was having Cinders do, and it struck fast and hard at my poor little pig, no harm done to itself besides a slightly weaker Defense. Her snake was getting cocky, just like Cheren, actually, and I could definitely take advantage of that.

Maybe Cinders wasn't ready for me to start yelling out actual attacking commands, for it hesitated before unleashing a strong Tackle, but if that was the case then neither was Snivy ready, for the attack sent it sprawling on its back with a cry.

"Don't make it carry on, Bianca," Cheren muttered, "that was a critical hit on your already weakened defenses. Snivy can't take another hit." At first I thought for sure he was actually going to be impressed, but then his nose scrunched up and he faced me, "Rory got pretty lucky. But battles are supposed to be a test of true skill, not luck. So now I'm going to fight you too!"

And his stupid otter took the place of Bianca's snake, which had once more curled up around her arm with her petting it. I regretted, actually, not greeting Cinders with such affection. Cheren would never do such a thing, but I was not Cheren, and I cared a surprising amount, already, for this silly little pig. It had strength in it, but not a lot of guts. That was okay though, we would work on that together.

Cheren's otter looks a bit ruthless and that kind of worries me on the inside. But, hey, the more he's pumped up to win the more satisfying it'll be to knock him down, considering the type disadvantage. I go for the same plan as last time; feigning weakness will open up his--uh, Oshawott--for a strong strike, and Cheren will be much too enveloped in lauding his brilliance over me to call the bluff.

Tail Whip goes off without a hitch, and Cinders tanks the returned strike like the buff little monster that he is. Out of interest, I was going to call for another Tail Whip to see if I could critically damage Oshawott as I did Bianca's Snivy, but I see the strange otter Pokemon is also trying to bluff weakness with his own Tail Whip. It's a pivotal move for me, and Cinders' strike needs to land.

Tackle doesn't hit as hard as I'd like it to, but thankfully Cheren seems to be unaware of the fact that Cinders appears much faster than his Oshawott, just as Snivy was faster than Cinders. This means I get in two incredible strikes against Oshawott before he can retaliate, and the otter falls.

Cheren, stricken with grief for his discovered ineptitude, growls in exasperation, recalls his Oshawott, and runs out of my room, down the stairs, and out the door with nary a goodbye nor a thank you to my mother. We'll find him at Professor Juniper's lab, I can tell that much. He'll devote the time between now and our departure, however small that span of time may be, to discovering what went wrong and how to activate Oshawott's maximum potential. I felt, somewhere deep inside of me, kind of sad for the otter.

Bianca hugged me, but I just shrugged upon her release. "You know how he gets," I murmured. I felt, somewhere deep inside of me, similarly sad for Cheren. He's dedicated his entire life to the pursuit of knowledge on this subject and now he gets beaten by someone who's never shown interest in the journey before? I guess Pokemon battles are probably 95% practice and 5% talent, and because neither of us had gotten a chance to practice outside of observing Pokemon in the Professor's Simulator, my talent outranked his brains.

It was a rotten feeling, but I knew it would pass. I had Cinders to look after now, and my general apathy towards the prospect of leaving home had mitigated itself and lay mostly behind me, with my eyes set on the road ahead.

--

We stood, the three of us, with Bianca in the middle, on the verge of Route 1. Professor Juniper stood in the tall grass several feet beyond us. Cheren and I looked in at Bianca, though truth be told our eyes definitely caught each other for a moment and a knowing glare passed from him to me. She grabbed our hands, the link of unity, and we stepped onto the Route, Professor Juniper beaming wildly at us.

Cheren's right hand was hooked, fingers interlaced, with Bianca's, but he held his new Pokedex and folded up Town Map neatly in his left hand, as if itching to get to use them. The Professor talked for a while, explaining the mechanics of catching Pokemon, but all three of us had spent enough time in the Simulator to know all this (it was standard babble) so I watched the flowers sway in the breeze momentarily.

A small brown leather pouch suddenly struck me on the head, and I looked, shocked, back at the Professor, Bianca's giggling in the background. "You should really pay more attention, Rory," Juniper reprimanded, "or a Pokemon will be what catches you off-guard next time. Pick up the bag of Poke Balls and follow me, we're going to Accumula Town."

The grass kind of tickled my ankles as we trekked through it on the way to Accumula. Cheren was so into his "zone" that it was hard to tell whether it was he or Professor Juniper who was leading and guiding us down the rather straightforward path. Bianca, on the other hand, had her Snivy curled around her arm and stopped to lace some flowers through her hair. I just strolled beside her, kind of paranoid about wild Pokemon after the Professor's rude lesson.

Pokemon Centers, I discovered as we crossed from Route 1 into the town, were much larger in person than they appeared on the television. It would be kind of intimidating, actually, if they weren't obviously designed to heal the creatures you had grown to love. The recent merge of the Centers and Marts had, additionally, made them larger than life. Cheren split from the group here to pursue some sort of strange activity that was going on near the border of the town and Route 2, where a crowd was forming and some official-looking people were. Maybe there was a parade?

Regardless, Bianca and I followed Professor Juniper into the lounge of the Pokemon Center.

--

I escaped, somehow, from the incessant babbling that ended up being Professor Juniper and Bianca when it came to the Poke Mart. Apparently even simple items for your journey counted as something that you could really optimize your shopping potential for. Me? I just blew all the money I had on Potions and bought a few extra Poke Balls.

Outside, I discovered that the official-looking group was not actually a parade but a sort of public speech. Some man, dressed in garish clothes and with what seemed to be a permanent scowl on his face, was talking just as incessantly about something that I could only catch bits of, but it sounded drastic by the crowd's reactions. I looked around for Cheren, curious to see if he was still around or if he'd ran off to Route 2 already, only to find him at the very front of the crowd, probably taking pictures of admiration of this man whose face twisted into a scowl more regularly than his.

Okay, so I was a little bitter about him being bitter to me and Bianca, but he was totally out of line! We were friends, not enemies, and he had no right to act like such a bitch. It was unnecessary.

I was shaken out of this personal reverie by an accosting hand on my satchel. Fearing robbery, though to be honest the only things I had to steal were empty Poke Balls and Potions, I reached out my hand and clamped it upon the stranger's wrist, only to discover that it was the strange green-haired boy who had been standing next to me the whole time.

"Your Pokemon," he whispered, as the crowd around us burst into an uproar over what the garishly dressed man was saying, "it spoke to me. Did you hear it?"

"No," I said slowly, somewhat concerned for my well-being, "I didn't. What'd it say?"

He ignored the question, but removed his hand from my satchel. "That's a shame." He stared straight forward for a minute, and the crowd around us started to dissipate, leaving only the two of us standing next to each other and Cheren, back to us, a few feet in front. "I want to hear it talk again. Battle me!"

His cry obviously alerted Cheren to our presence, for he whipped his head around and looked rather furious, though our eyes met and I could tell that he understood my plight. I hadn't asked for this, but it looked like I hadn't needed to. A small purple cat, who was probably very vicious on the inside, had appeared in front of me. I wanted one for sure, but that would have to wait.

Cinders was out before I was even sure if I'd called him. Cheren stood by my side, but appeared to have no intention of releasing his Oshawott. This, it seemed, would be my fight, and only if I begged for his assistance would I be given any mercy from my friend. That was fine though. Whatever. I didn't need him. Cinders had already proven stronger than his silly otter anyway.

The cat lunged, claws stretched out, at my little piglet whom I had come to adore. Obviously I wouldn't stand for any of this madness, so I commanded Cinders to dodge and try the same tactic that had kept us going so far. The cat--Purrloin, Cheren's Pokedex informed me--seemed less fooled than either of my friend's Pokemon had, but the defense drop was still evident. It skulked around less cautiously, and now was the time to strike.

As it prepared to hit Cinders with a Scratch, I had him launch a Tackle straight into the airborne cat's stomach, sending it sprawling, yelping, and hissing. Pokemon battles were certainly more dangerous than they seemed. This stranger also didn't seem to care much for the cat, only looking at it with a sadness that I interpreted as his disdain for weakness. Surely, I thought, we had another Cheren on our hands. From the kid's green hair he was probably related to Mr. Public Speech In Ugly Clothes too.

Whatever. He recalled the cat and that was enough for me. "My name is N," he whispered to where I barely heard him, "and I need to become stronger so that I can free mistreated Pokemon from the likes of you!"

I was insulted, sure, but Cheren thought it was funny and started laughing so I could hardly take the kid seriously. He ran off towards the Route 2 border, where the other strange people had gone with the man in his garish robe. They were freaky, definitely. And probably a cult. That, however, was a subject for another time.

"We should consider the Gym Challenge, you know," Cheren said to me, his tone less harsh than it had been all day. "The first one is in Striaton City, just passed Route 2. It's what I'm going to do anyway. The only way to get stronger is to train, and that'll help the Professor too. Are you in?"

I shrugged, unwilling to give Cheren anything but the cold shoulder. He did it enough to me to be unaffected by it, though. So he left without another word and I looked back at the Pokemon Center before looking again to where Cheren had disappeared to--the Route 2 border, just like everyone else I'd seen today.

Maybe I could find one of those cute cats there?

--

Current Party:

Cinders, the Male Tepig.
Level 9. Bashful (neutral) Nature.
Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth.

“Nature reserves the right to inflict upon her children the most terrifying jests.”
~Thornton Wilder​
I stood, transfixed, upon seeing the electronic bulletin board erected upon the side of the building that was a passageway for the transient—between Accumula and Route 2. I figured, before I went in, that the building would merely act as a tunnel between society and the wild, but I was favorably mistaken.

Some people were congregated around the flashing black screen with yellow writing streaking across it, looking at maps and planning a pathway through the route ahead, or writing something down concerning the displayed information. Someone was napping on a couch in the corner. A lady in an official-looking uniform seemed to be giving directions to a lost traveller.

Weather conditions displayed in full color on the electronic board. Route 2 and Striaton City, it appeared, were experiencing a bit of cloud cover but were overall sunny. It was hard to imagine that it was barely past one in the afternoon, given all that I’d already accomplished on the first day of being a trainer, but it seemed like such a nice time for a walk that I could hardly stand to spend the rest of the day in Accumula. Plus I was almost positive that somewhere on Route 2 would be one of those adorable purple cats that the weirdo cultist had used.

Suddenly, as if some ubiquitous force had notified her that I was to venture out to Route 2, my mother called my Cross-Transceiver—a blaring siren of noise alerting me to its activity and a picture of her face appearing on the screen.

“Hi, honey!” she exclaimed, “I just remembered I have a gift for you, sweetie. I only bought one for you so I couldn’t have given it to you earlier when you were with Cheren and Bianca. Meet me in Accumula! I’m in the Pokemon Center.”

Before I could even speak to ask what she would’ve bought me, she hung up and my Cross-Transceiver faded out of life and back to the black screen of dormancy. I shrugged to myself and turned back from the exit, leaving the unknown road ahead to be some other trainer’s conquest—for now.

--

The embrace I received upon arriving inside the Pokemon Center reminded me faithfully of how much I loved my mother.

That's it so far! I'm hoping to update this every two-three days, but don't hold me to a strict schedule. Also, because the humor that I so wanted to include in this didn't really portray well in story form, here's the (rather humorous) notes that I typed up while playing so that I kept up with what I wanted to write.

-I met Professor Juniper and learned that Pokemon come in many shapes. Excellent.
-Having Pokemon battle each other apparently "deepens" bonds between them and their Trainers. I didn't realize bonds was a synonym for "cuts and injuries."
-"Could you tell me about yourself?" No.
-I'm a dude, brahski. My name is Rory. Prof. Juniper thinks it's wonderful. I'm getting laid tonight. /shades/
-Two best friends? What am I, a pussy? Just pick one over the other.
-Here's Cheren, the world's biggest douchebag and possibly my least favorite Pokemon character ever?
-Here's Bianca, she's totally rad, but pretty dumb. I'd definitely pick her over Cheren.
-"I really hope you find what is important to you in all of these travels…" and don't die.
-SUDDENLY IT'S SPRING OUTSIDE
-Bianca is late, and Cheren bitches about it. Whatever. She's hotter than you, bro.
-I get first pick because I have the largest brain. Obviously. Fuck Cheren.
-You want me to pick my Pokemon? TOO BAD OPTIONS TIME. Faster text faster text faster text gooooooooo!
-"It's a bed. The sheets smell great because Mom just washed them!"
-Right. The box. PIGLET COME TO ME.
-"Please settle your choice politely." Yeah, right.
-"These little ones are weak, like you said." Bianca wants to eat my poor piglet ;_;
-Ohey a Pokemon battle! I'm not allowed to attack the first turn so I waste it using Tail Whip against Snivy. Some Tackles later and I defeat my arch-nemesis! I mean Bianca.
-NOW CHEREN WANTS TO FIGHT. UGH GO AWAY. Tail Whip on the first turn again. Interestingly, I am slower than Bianca's Snivy, but outspend Cheren's Oshawott. Cool. THEN I REALLY BEAT MY ARCH-NEMESIS. And Cinders becomes level six. :D
-"But first, we'd better apologize to your mother about your messed-up room." Yeah, she just washed my sheets and everything! Thankfully, my Wii Console is not even scratched.
-Bianca has to go home to milk her cows or something before we can go on adventure. Cheren refuses to help her, but I'll be nice.
-"Thanks for having us over!" Yeah fuck you too, Room-Destroyer.
-Mom heals Cinders. She's the best ever. <3 <3 <3
-Rory obtains the Cross-Transceiver (Xtransceiver)!
-Bianca runs away from home. Brilliant. I have the best friends ever.
-Cheren is a snarky douchebag to Professor Juniper. He's mad because she's my woman.
-Rory obtains the Pokedex!
-Rory obtains the Town Map! Cheren is passive-aggressive about the idea of my mother giving him a gift. Bianca loves it. BEST FRIENDS.
-Okay bye mom I'll miss you ;_; can you come with me instead please please please please.
-We step into Route 1!
-We learn to catch Pokemon! I won't be doing that yet, though.
-Rory obtains the Poke Balls (x5)!
-We have some dumb competition about catching Pokemon that I lose because I hate my friends. Just kidding, I tie them because I catch a Patrat for use of Cut later on. He won't be around long.
-We meet Professor Juniper and tour the Pokemon Center. It's chill.
-I spam the "Spend" option and buy 10 Potions and 5 Poke Balls.
-Some weird meeting happens at the Plaza… This sounds fun.
-Turns out it's just a cult meeting. Cheren seems interested, but I just pretend to tie my shoes the whole time.
-A freak attacks us with a Purrloin! I am overcome with emotion and must catch one of these adorable kitties for my own. Oh right, and I Tail Whip him and then beat his ass. Punk.
-Cheren speaks of battling our first Gym Leader in the next town, Striaton City. I consider it, then decide I want a kitty first.

-My mommy calls me! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Then she shows up!
-Rory obtains the Running Shoes!
-I find a kitty! She's level five. Her name becomes "Oh Snap"!
-I have my first random Trainer battle! Oh Snap is a little low-leveled but I have Cinders decimate his silly Patrat. :3
-It's super funny to see "Oh Snap used Ember!"
-I battle my way through Route 2 and make it to the entrance of Striaton City, only to discover that Bianca would like to battle! Oh Snap viscously tears through her Lillipup by drawing Tail Whip, Ember, and two Tackles through Assist. Cinders dispatches Snivy with two well-placed Tackles following his required Tail Whip.
-I fight my way through the Dreamyard in order to acquire Jack the Pansage!
-In preparation for the Gym, I take my group to the Trainer's School. Here I encounter the lame old Cheren. Jack easily crushes his Oshawott into a fine powder, then Oh Snap fought against Cheren's own Purrloin and denied it a chance at life. What grace! Cheren gave me Berries and made some dick jokes before running away. Bastard.
-I grind like a bitch!
-I frustratingly battle my way through the Gym. I'm trying to give Oh Snap lots of levels because my mandated inability to use Jack against Cress means I need her to go out against Panpour and hopefully Assist a Vine Whip or two…
-Time to go up against Cress! Cinders goes out first against his Lillipup. I Tail Whip as necessary and take thankfully little damage from Bite. He begins to spam Work Up, which is annoying… but I Tackle on anyway. I decide to go for Ember out of randomness and get a lucky Burn which offs his Lillipup before he can take out Cinders.
-Oh Snap goes for the kill against Panpour, spamming Assist like a boss, hoping for Jack's Vine Whip over Cinders' Ember… thankfully I pull two off after an annoying first-turn Odor Sleuth. The second one crits and I get a lucky victory against Cress.
-Rory obtains the Trio Badge and TM83 [Work Up]!
-Work Up is taught to Jack over Leer.
-The Trio Badge has been earned, so Cinders' restrictions have changed! He must now switch out if he falls below half health and may not participate in double battles.
-I meet Will Ferrell! I mean Fennel. Drat.
-"My room is upstairs here. Come on, go upstairs!" Bitch, you're not famous enough to command me around.
-Rory obtains HM01 [Cut] and saves Fennel from a life of depression!
-Cut is taught to that random Patrat I caught because I refuse to give it to a main party member when it's only needed once :I
-THE WHOLE WORLD TILTS WHEN I EXIT FENNEL'S HOUSE I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO STOMACH THIS FEELING bye Buddy hope you find your dad
-Into the Dreamyard I go! Got some strange pig-thing to milk. Fittingly, Bianca shows up.
-Dastardly fiends show up and attack Munna! They're the cultists from earlier! I have the strong urge to tie my shoes.
-I take delight in not having to use Tail Whip on every Pokemon that Cinders fights, especially since at the moment Ember is stronger in the long-run than a -1 Defense Tackle.
-Musharna fucks with everyone's head. I HATE THAT UGLY ROBE oh my god purple and yellow do not match nor go together Ghetsis ughghgnrewhgrherghegrherghgerhgreiohgrehorg.
-Will Ferrell shows up and gets that stupid Dream Mist he/she wanted.
-Patrat gets deposited in the Box so that Oh Snap stops drawing its stupid Leer from Assist >:(
-Rory obtains the C-Gear!
-Rory obtains the Pal Pad!

Anywho, as I realized that a friend still has my XD game, I'll do a Colloseum run instead. Catching and purifying all the shadows that I can in hopes of Ho-oh, so... Yep. Make it hard as ya want. I wanna have some FUN with the game, so bring forth everything. However, perma-killing members, no thanks. A team of six so I can capture. I'll need the extra HP to get those shadow dogs... meep. Anywho, fire away.
Still need, like, 5 pokemon for this, and gamer to finish what he reserved...

Hello everyone, and welcome to my post where I'll be updating my progress throughout my Pokemon Black Scramble! Before we get to the meat of the journey, here's what I received from you guys:

1) waterwarrior's Gothdevoir the Gothita. As a Gothita, it can only use moves that Ralts can also use. It must solo 5 trainers to evolve. As a Gothorita, it begins to show its angsty, hipstery teen nature, and only has to have 2 moves that Kirlia and Gothorita share. It must solo 10 trainers and an entire Gym to evolve into Gothitelle. Fully evolved, it has its goth side fully fleshed out, and only needs to have one move that Gothitelle and Gardevoir share. However, this isn't nearly the end of its restrictions. As a Gothitelle, you must solo every smiling Pokemon you see (unless it conflicts with another solo), as it wants to share its unhappiness around all of Unova.

My Opinions: A pretty solid Pokemon! I actually used a Gothita on my last [like two months ago] Black playthrough and was pleasantly surprised. Thankfully, Gothita learns practically every TM that Ralts does, so I'll be able to satisfy some conditions that way.

2) King Serperior's Purrloin.
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo the psychic E4 member using only Assist.

My Opinions: I'll be honest. I dislike Purrloin. But at the same time, I'm glad this challenge is making me use Pokemon I normally wouldn't [read: Purrloin, Joltik, Woobat, Tepig] so I'm okay with this. Also, Assist is one my favorite moves in the game! I think it's super funny.

3) gamer40000's Jerktik the Joltik!

First, this Joltik has to always be in your party.

Second, he starts with one free move. You get the rest by either catching a Joltik and raising it to the first number of the power/ accuracy (for status moves) of the move (9 for Bug Buzz, 10 for Thunder Wave) or catching that many Joltik. He must always have a TM, he can only have 3 moveslots after evolution and the costs cost double (and renew your costs), and it must solo Drayden and solo 30 ground-types.

Have fun!

P.S: If you unlock a moveslot, it is there forever, but you must upgrade after you get a move that costs more. (e.g. If you get Electroweb, then replace it with Double Team, you have to solo/catch 4 more Joltiks.) You also have to start over after evolution. On the good side, free experience!

My Opinions: I. Hate. Tarantulas. They scare the shit out of me. So what do I have to do? Catch lots of them. Beautiful. I love it. And by "I love it" I mean I'd rather gouge my eyes out. Thanks. On the plus side, I get to solo Drayden lolololololololololololol delightful.

4) The Reptile's Jack, the Pansage. Jack is a samurai, and can only use Physical Attacking moves. Jack must always be in your party. Jack strives to be better than your starter and can never be 5 levels lower than Tepig. If he is, level him up until he's the same level as your starter. You cannot use Jack for the first gym leader. Jack must solo any and every gym leader not part of a challenge. Jack cannot use a SE move until the opponent is at yellow health, then it must finish of the pokemon using a SE move if it's available. Once Jack is in a battle, you cannot switch him out until he is at red health. You cannot use any items on Jack, and he must always have a held item at all times. You cannot evolve Jack until he is at least level 30 and is at a higher level than your starter. When Jack evolves, you must teach him a TM move that is either a Physical Attacking move or a stat-boosting move ASAP. Depending on what you chose determines Jack's next restriction.
- If he has another attacking move, remove any item on Jack. Jack can no longer hold items. Jack must lead your party at all times.
- If he has a stat-boosting move, he must use this move twice every time he is brought into a battle as soon as he enters the battle. Jack can never switch out and must stay in until either he faints or the battle is won.

My Opinions: Probably the easiest challenge, in my opinion. But that's probably because I use Pansage a lot [hooray for Shaking Grass encounters in the Forest!] so I already know how to react to this. Using only Physical moves is fine, as Seed Bomb and Acrobatics are pretty standard on any Pan/Simisage I run. Soloing non-solo-required Gym Leaders will be interesting though... thankfully Skyla and Brycen are out, so I'm not at any type disadvantages. Clay is easy, duh. Lenora will be an issue due to levels, and Elesa has those stupid Emolga with Flying moves.

5) Jimera0's Woobat, named IH8U. This Woobat hates the fact that he's associated with friendship and love and stuff and so he refuses to like you. He will hate you, to show that not Woobat are kissy wubbykins! He's way too cool for that! Have him learn Frustration as soon as possible (Nimbassa is where you can buy the TM), and he cannot learn Heart Stamp or Attract. He refuses to hold that sissy Soothe bell either. He must also learn a dark type move ASAP (Assurance pretty much comes standard so this shouldn't take long) to show how he can be dark and brooding too. But this isn't the tricky part, not yet. No, you see because he hates you, he refuses to listen to you. Instead, he does whatever the hell he wants. When in battle with him, roll a 6 sided die. 1 corresponds to the move in the upper left moveslot, 2 to the upper right, 3 to the lower left and 4 to the lower right. If you roll a 5, he decides to listen to you for once, and you can chose whichever one you want. If you roll a 6, you have to switch him out of the fight because he refuses to fight anymore.

That would be it, but there's a problem with IH8U's little protest against lovey doveyness. Despite his declared hatred of you, the more time he spends with you the more he realizes that he actually kind of likes you. Each time you get a badge, you have to roll the one less turn as often. So after you get one badge with him on your team, you only have to roll the die every 2nd turn, after 2 every third turn, and so on. Eventually he'll find himself evolving because he likes you so much, and then he can no longer pretend he hates everything. Replace Frustration with Return, and the die rolling restriction is removed. However the other restrictions remain in place, as he has no intention of being a sissy nonetheless. You may rename him to whatever you want after this, as he trusts you enough to give him a good one.

My Opinions: This challenge screams obscenities at me. Or, rather, I'll be screaming obscenities at Woobat until I get a few badges and stop having to roll a die so much. I have such bad luck, it's awful. Boo. However, I do like this idea!

6) EndQuote's Tepig, Cinders, which has some sort of mental problem. I am not going to lengthen this post to the extreme by including all the relevant information. Here's all that good stuff.

My Opinions: I love the creativity of this idea! Most of these requirements aren't too difficult, I think, so it won't neuter my ability to use Tepig. But they're very creative and I'm quite interested.

Current Gym Leader requirements:
1) Pansage may not be used against Cress.
2) Tepig must solo Burgh to evolve into Pignite, and then later solo Brycen and his Gym.
3) Gothorita must solo a Gym of my choice. [Probably going for Skyla here... Because Shock Wave is available as a TM on Route 7 and I know for a fact that Gothorita can learn this. Also, there's no way Pan/Simisage could solo Skyla.]
4) Joltik must solo Drayden.
5) Pansage must solo all other Gyms that don't have a requirement. [Lenora, Elesa, Clay.]

Current Elite 4 requirements:
1) Liepard must solo Caitlin using only Assist.
2) Emboar must lead and defeat two of Grimsley's Pokemon.

Evolution requirements:
1) Tepig must solo Burgh to evolve into Pignite.
2) Pignite must defeat one Pokemon of each type to evolve into Emboar. (This is post-Brycen's Gym.)
3) Gothorita must solo a Gym of my choice to evolve into Gothitelle.

So, that being said, here's the first chapter! Each chapter from here-in will be added here and I'll notify you guys in a separate post, much like Jimera does. Hope you enjoy!

Note: I must admit, my ambition in life is to become an author. Hence, I've done quite a bit of pre-planning. The way I write this, the story will be divided into five parts: Parts One, Two, and Three; the Endgame; then the Postgame. Just a heads-up. It makes me smile, I guess, so just roll with my need for arbitrary planning.

What but design of darkness to appall?--
If design govern in a thing so small.
Robert Frost, "Design"

A bright flash of light fades from the scene, and I am left standing with Professor Juniper in the midst of her laboratory, scattered papers of data strewn around the room. "Hello!" she exclaims, as if my return from the virtual world created by her Simulator is something out of the ordinary. "That was your last go in the Simulator, wasn't it? Tomorrow you turn sixteen, and gain your own Pokemon for protection."

I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter, so I just shrug. This concerns her, apparently, because she frowns.

"Okay. Let's just check the Simulator left you with all your memories intact. What's your name?"

"Professor," I groaned, "the Simulator works fine. You should know that, you designed it. I'm just not overly thrilled to be leaving home."

"Answer the question please," she said, looking down at a clipboard.

I sighed. "My name is Rory. Tomorrow is my birthday, I'm turning sixteen. It's nearing the end of Spring right now. My two best friends are Cheren, the workaholic with big dreams, and Bianca, the klutz who always tries her best. You satisfied?"

"I am," she smiled. "I just had to check, Rory! Your mother would bawl for days if she thought she would ever have permanently lost you. She'll quite readily accept that you have to go on this Pokemon journey, just like all other kids, but the thought of losing you would strike her down instantly."

"I know what my mother's like, Professor."

"That's enough sass out of you, mister. Go on home, I'll see you tomorrow."

--

'Pokemon come in all different shapes and are found across all of Unova!'

'Battling with Pokemon deepens the bonds between the Pokemon and its trainer.'

Some of Professor Juniper's words shot through my mind the next morning. The box -- the box of destiny -- was already sitting on my table when I woke up. Mom would've put it there immediately when the Professor dropped it off. Now all I had to do was wait for Cheren and Bianca to come over so we could march forwards and meet our fates. Delightful. Honestly. Truly. I couldn't wait, I suppose.

I sat on the bed, dressed for the day and everything that would come beyond it, my satchel sitting at the foot of the bed, when a knock on the front door downstairs proclaimed my friends' arrivals. Or, at least from what I could see from my window, Cheren's arrival. Bianca was late, as usual, but I didn't mind. The postponing of this event did not force every nerve in my body to squirm. This was a deciding factor for the rest of our lives, I could hardly see why Cheren was so pushy about it.

He made some nasty comments about Bianca being late because she had to milk her cows or something. He was always so rude to her because she wasn't as smart as him. It made me wonder what he thought of me, truthfully. I would normally stick up for Bianca but the comment was fleeting and I chalked both his acerbic words and my apathy to the tension of the room.

And then she was there, in my doorway, like a sudden storm. "I'm so sorry that I'm late!"

Before Cheren could degrade her, I assured her it was fine, and I opened the box so as to avoid conflict. It was my birthday, so I got to pick first. That just went without saying. Being the youngest of my friends was easily an advantage.

"Please settle your choice politely. I really hope you find what is important to you in all of these travels." I read from Professor Juniper's note, then looked behind me at the glow that had encompassed Cheren's eyes and almost felt like tossing the box out the window. I felt this would be more trouble than it was worth, so I just grabbed the middle Poke Ball, the piglet, I think, and step aside.

Bianca tosses the Poke Ball that contains the otter to Cheren and grabs that snake-like creature for herself, and then has the guts to demand that we battle. Well, you know what? I don't want to! But she'll never listen, I should know that by now. So; "Okay, sure. I guess."

"Don't sound like such a lamer," Cheren mocked, which annoys me because I definitely coined the use of the term 'lamer' amongst the three of us. I didn't even think Cheren had ever played a Final Fantasy game, let alone FF8.

I summon forth my little pig, who shall hopefully have the last laugh in this situation, and decide that I should probably refer to him by a name and not just continue to make references to fairytales with pigs in them. So, mentally, I name him Cinders and that is the end of that moral dilemma.

Bianca seems really intent on winning this, and her grass-snake, Snivy or whatever, is curled on her arm like a leech. It looks kind of cute, and I don't really want to hurt it, so I just tell Cinders to use Tail Whip and maybe that'll make it cry or something. Passive was always kind of my deal. Being aggressive? Well, that belonged to Bianca, actually. And Cheren was more in charge of the preppy way of being passive-aggressive to get what he wanted. What a trio we made.

Anyway, her Snivy wasn't going to stand for any of that shit battling that I was having Cinders do, and it struck fast and hard at my poor little pig, no harm done to itself besides a slightly weaker Defense. Her snake was getting cocky, just like Cheren, actually, and I could definitely take advantage of that.

Maybe Cinders wasn't ready for me to start yelling out actual attacking commands, for it hesitated before unleashing a strong Tackle, but if that was the case then neither was Snivy ready, for the attack sent it sprawling on its back with a cry.

"Don't make it carry on, Bianca," Cheren muttered, "that was a critical hit on your already weakened defenses. Snivy can't take another hit." At first I thought for sure he was actually going to be impressed, but then his nose scrunched up and he faced me, "Rory got pretty lucky. But battles are supposed to be a test of true skill, not luck. So now I'm going to fight you too!"

And his stupid otter took the place of Bianca's snake, which had once more curled up around her arm with her petting it. I regretted, actually, not greeting Cinders with such affection. Cheren would never do such a thing, but I was not Cheren, and I cared a surprising amount, already, for this silly little pig. It had strength in it, but not a lot of guts. That was okay though, we would work on that together.

Cheren's otter looks a bit ruthless and that kind of worries me on the inside. But, hey, the more he's pumped up to win the more satisfying it'll be to knock him down, considering the type disadvantage. I go for the same plan as last time; feigning weakness will open up his--uh, Oshawott--for a strong strike, and Cheren will be much too enveloped in lauding his brilliance over me to call the bluff.

Tail Whip goes off without a hitch, and Cinders tanks the returned strike like the buff little monster that he is. Out of interest, I was going to call for another Tail Whip to see if I could critically damage Oshawott as I did Bianca's Snivy, but I see the strange otter Pokemon is also trying to bluff weakness with his own Tail Whip. It's a pivotal move for me, and Cinders' strike needs to land.

Tackle doesn't hit as hard as I'd like it to, but thankfully Cheren seems to be unaware of the fact that Cinders appears much faster than his Oshawott, just as Snivy was faster than Cinders. This means I get in two incredible strikes against Oshawott before he can retaliate, and the otter falls.

Cheren, stricken with grief for his discovered ineptitude, growls in exasperation, recalls his Oshawott, and runs out of my room, down the stairs, and out the door with nary a goodbye nor a thank you to my mother. We'll find him at Professor Juniper's lab, I can tell that much. He'll devote the time between now and our departure, however small that span of time may be, to discovering what went wrong and how to activate Oshawott's maximum potential. I felt, somewhere deep inside of me, kind of sad for the otter.

Bianca hugged me, but I just shrugged upon her release. "You know how he gets," I murmured. I felt, somewhere deep inside of me, similarly sad for Cheren. He's dedicated his entire life to the pursuit of knowledge on this subject and now he gets beaten by someone who's never shown interest in the journey before? I guess Pokemon battles are probably 95% practice and 5% talent, and because neither of us had gotten a chance to practice outside of observing Pokemon in the Professor's Simulator, my talent outranked his brains.

It was a rotten feeling, but I knew it would pass. I had Cinders to look after now, and my general apathy towards the prospect of leaving home had mitigated itself and lay mostly behind me, with my eyes set on the road ahead.

--

We stood, the three of us, with Bianca in the middle, on the verge of Route 1. Professor Juniper stood in the tall grass several feet beyond us. Cheren and I looked in at Bianca, though truth be told our eyes definitely caught each other for a moment and a knowing glare passed from him to me. She grabbed our hands, the link of unity, and we stepped onto the Route, Professor Juniper beaming wildly at us.

Cheren's right hand was hooked, fingers interlaced, with Bianca's, but he held his new Pokedex and folded up Town Map neatly in his left hand, as if itching to get to use them. The Professor talked for a while, explaining the mechanics of catching Pokemon, but all three of us had spent enough time in the Simulator to know all this (it was standard babble) so I watched the flowers sway in the breeze momentarily.

A small brown leather pouch suddenly struck me on the head, and I looked, shocked, back at the Professor, Bianca's giggling in the background. "You should really pay more attention, Rory," Juniper reprimanded, "or a Pokemon will be what catches you off-guard next time. Pick up the bag of Poke Balls and follow me, we're going to Accumula Town."

The grass kind of tickled my ankles as we trekked through it on the way to Accumula. Cheren was so into his "zone" that it was hard to tell whether it was he or Professor Juniper who was leading and guiding us down the rather straightforward path. Bianca, on the other hand, had her Snivy curled around her arm and stopped to lace some flowers through her hair. I just strolled beside her, kind of paranoid about wild Pokemon after the Professor's rude lesson.

Pokemon Centers, I discovered as we crossed from Route 1 into the town, were much larger in person than they appeared on the television. It would be kind of intimidating, actually, if they weren't obviously designed to heal the creatures you had grown to love. The recent merge of the Centers and Marts had, additionally, made them larger than life. Cheren split from the group here to pursue some sort of strange activity that was going on near the border of the town and Route 2, where a crowd was forming and some official-looking people were. Maybe there was a parade?

Regardless, Bianca and I followed Professor Juniper into the lounge of the Pokemon Center.

--

I escaped, somehow, from the incessant babbling that ended up being Professor Juniper and Bianca when it came to the Poke Mart. Apparently even simple items for your journey counted as something that you could really optimize your shopping potential for. Me? I just blew all the money I had on Potions and bought a few extra Poke Balls.

Outside, I discovered that the official-looking group was not actually a parade but a sort of public speech. Some man, dressed in garish clothes and with what seemed to be a permanent scowl on his face, was talking just as incessantly about something that I could only catch bits of, but it sounded drastic by the crowd's reactions. I looked around for Cheren, curious to see if he was still around or if he'd ran off to Route 2 already, only to find him at the very front of the crowd, probably taking pictures of admiration of this man whose face twisted into a scowl more regularly than his.

Okay, so I was a little bitter about him being bitter to me and Bianca, but he was totally out of line! We were friends, not enemies, and he had no right to act like such a bitch. It was unnecessary.

I was shaken out of this personal reverie by an accosting hand on my satchel. Fearing robbery, though to be honest the only things I had to steal were empty Poke Balls and Potions, I reached out my hand and clamped it upon the stranger's wrist, only to discover that it was the strange green-haired boy who had been standing next to me the whole time.

"Your Pokemon," he whispered, as the crowd around us burst into an uproar over what the garishly dressed man was saying, "it spoke to me. Did you hear it?"

"No," I said slowly, somewhat concerned for my well-being, "I didn't. What'd it say?"

He ignored the question, but removed his hand from my satchel. "That's a shame." He stared straight forward for a minute, and the crowd around us started to dissipate, leaving only the two of us standing next to each other and Cheren, back to us, a few feet in front. "I want to hear it talk again. Battle me!"

His cry obviously alerted Cheren to our presence, for he whipped his head around and looked rather furious, though our eyes met and I could tell that he understood my plight. I hadn't asked for this, but it looked like I hadn't needed to. A small purple cat, who was probably very vicious on the inside, had appeared in front of me. I wanted one for sure, but that would have to wait.

Cinders was out before I was even sure if I'd called him. Cheren stood by my side, but appeared to have no intention of releasing his Oshawott. This, it seemed, would be my fight, and only if I begged for his assistance would I be given any mercy from my friend. That was fine though. Whatever. I didn't need him. Cinders had already proven stronger than his silly otter anyway.

The cat lunged, claws stretched out, at my little piglet whom I had come to adore. Obviously I wouldn't stand for any of this madness, so I commanded Cinders to dodge and try the same tactic that had kept us going so far. The cat--Purrloin, Cheren's Pokedex informed me--seemed less fooled than either of my friend's Pokemon had, but the defense drop was still evident. It skulked around less cautiously, and now was the time to strike.

As it prepared to hit Cinders with a Scratch, I had him launch a Tackle straight into the airborne cat's stomach, sending it sprawling, yelping, and hissing. Pokemon battles were certainly more dangerous than they seemed. This stranger also didn't seem to care much for the cat, only looking at it with a sadness that I interpreted as his disdain for weakness. Surely, I thought, we had another Cheren on our hands. From the kid's green hair he was probably related to Mr. Public Speech In Ugly Clothes too.

Whatever. He recalled the cat and that was enough for me. "My name is N," he whispered to where I barely heard him, "and I need to become stronger so that I can free mistreated Pokemon from the likes of you!"

I was insulted, sure, but Cheren thought it was funny and started laughing so I could hardly take the kid seriously. He ran off towards the Route 2 border, where the other strange people had gone with the man in his garish robe. They were freaky, definitely. And probably a cult. That, however, was a subject for another time.

"We should consider the Gym Challenge, you know," Cheren said to me, his tone less harsh than it had been all day. "The first one is in Striaton City, just passed Route 2. It's what I'm going to do anyway. The only way to get stronger is to train, and that'll help the Professor too. Are you in?"

I shrugged, unwilling to give Cheren anything but the cold shoulder. He did it enough to me to be unaffected by it, though. So he left without another word and I looked back at the Pokemon Center before looking again to where Cheren had disappeared to--the Route 2 border, just like everyone else I'd seen today.

Maybe I could find one of those cute cats there?

--

Current Party:

Cinders, the Male Tepig.
Level 9. Bashful (neutral) Nature.
Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth.

That's it so far! I'm hoping to update this every two-three days, but don't hold me to a strict schedule. Also, because the humor that I so wanted to include in this didn't really portray well in story form, here's the (rather humorous) notes that I typed up while playing so that I kept up with what I wanted to write.

-I met Professor Juniper and learned that Pokemon come in many shapes. Excellent.
-Having Pokemon battle each other apparently "deepens" bonds between them and their Trainers. I didn't realize bonds was a synonym for "cuts and injuries."
-"Could you tell me about yourself?" No.
-I'm a dude, brahski. My name is Rory. Prof. Juniper thinks it's wonderful. I'm getting laid tonight. /shades/
-Two best friends? What am I, a pussy? Just pick one over the other.
-Here's Cheren, the world's biggest douchebag and possibly my least favorite Pokemon character ever?
-Here's Bianca, she's totally rad, but pretty dumb. I'd definitely pick her over Cheren.
-"I really hope you find what is important to you in all of these travels…" and don't die.
-SUDDENLY IT'S SPRING OUTSIDE
-Bianca is late, and Cheren bitches about it. Whatever. She's hotter than you, bro.
-I get first pick because I have the largest brain. Obviously. Fuck Cheren.
-You want me to pick my Pokemon? TOO BAD OPTIONS TIME. Faster text faster text faster text gooooooooo!
-"It's a bed. The sheets smell great because Mom just washed them!"
-Right. The box. PIGLET COME TO ME.
-"Please settle your choice politely." Yeah, right.
-"These little ones are weak, like you said." Bianca wants to eat my poor piglet ;_;
-Ohey a Pokemon battle! I'm not allowed to attack the first turn so I waste it using Tail Whip against Snivy. Some Tackles later and I defeat my arch-nemesis! I mean Bianca.
-NOW CHEREN WANTS TO FIGHT. UGH GO AWAY. Tail Whip on the first turn again. Interestingly, I am slower than Bianca's Snivy, but outspend Cheren's Oshawott. Cool. THEN I REALLY BEAT MY ARCH-NEMESIS. And Cinders becomes level six. :D
-"But first, we'd better apologize to your mother about your messed-up room." Yeah, she just washed my sheets and everything! Thankfully, my Wii Console is not even scratched.
-Bianca has to go home to milk her cows or something before we can go on adventure. Cheren refuses to help her, but I'll be nice.
-"Thanks for having us over!" Yeah fuck you too, Room-Destroyer.
-Mom heals Cinders. She's the best ever. <3 <3 <3
-Rory obtains the Cross-Transceiver (Xtransceiver)!
-Bianca runs away from home. Brilliant. I have the best friends ever.
-Cheren is a snarky douchebag to Professor Juniper. He's mad because she's my woman.
-Rory obtains the Pokedex!
-Rory obtains the Town Map! Cheren is passive-aggressive about the idea of my mother giving him a gift. Bianca loves it. BEST FRIENDS.
-Okay bye mom I'll miss you ;_; can you come with me instead please please please please.
-We step into Route 1!
-We learn to catch Pokemon! I won't be doing that yet, though.
-Rory obtains the Poke Balls (x5)!
-We have some dumb competition about catching Pokemon that I lose because I hate my friends. Just kidding, I tie them because I catch a Patrat for use of Cut later on. He won't be around long.
-We meet Professor Juniper and tour the Pokemon Center. It's chill.
-I spam the "Spend" option and buy 10 Potions and 5 Poke Balls.
-Some weird meeting happens at the Plaza… This sounds fun.
-Turns out it's just a cult meeting. Cheren seems interested, but I just pretend to tie my shoes the whole time.
-A freak attacks us with a Purrloin! I am overcome with emotion and must catch one of these adorable kitties for my own. Oh right, and I Tail Whip him and then beat his ass. Punk.
-Cheren speaks of battling our first Gym Leader in the next town, Striaton City. I consider it, then decide I want a kitty first.

P.S. this took me about four hours to put together. I'd love feedback, please! <3
Damn, you put a lot of effort into that. You've got some writing skills I can see. I tried to do a similar thing with a Sapphire Nuzlocke I abandoned but I just couldn't manage it, went back to my commentary style afterward. I like the two version thing, the notes are more traditional for this thread while the first bit reads like a fanfic. Keep it up!

And since I'm sure people are wondering where my update is, I'll get it up in a few days, don't you all worry :P. I had a friend on tonight I haven't talked to for a bit so I ended up not doing the scramble as planned. Be patient!

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
I really enjoy the commentary style of your updates, and I had full intentions of doing something similar when I was taking my notes (hence why I made stupid jokes inherently) but when I sat down to write it I was like "...well crap I don't really know how to do this."

So I just wrote it as a story, haha. I'm glad that the two-version idea appeals to you; I figured that could be a nice way for people who just want to skim the outline of my progress could do that while getting some laughs, while people who have a bit more time to spare and want to see some depth to the story could read the prose section. :D

Hey folks, chapter 9 of my Soulsilver Scramble is up! I beat up defeat the Kimono Girls and take on Lugia!

Chapter 9: A Legend Appears
The challange continues to chapter 9. Well, apparently Professor Elm wants me! So to get to him at New Bark Town, I am NOT going to do it the conventional way. That's right. I'm going to actually traverse Route 45! Yes, I will try to clear it all. Yes, it will be excruciating… Oh boy, I got to the end! Really quickly too!! Now to take the other paths as well!! It will be so much fun!! (not)… Oh massive power drop! All the trainers here have pokes levelled in the mid-20's, unlike those in Blackthorn city, with FREAKING LEVEL 35+. I'm not sure which I hate more- low levelled mons who give next to no EXP, or high levelled mons that my team can barely handle. (seriously. The Seadra in Blackthorn Gym were so OP…) Hey Dragon Pulse on DUMBO isn't as terrible as I though it'd be! A move which doesn't need a turn to charge is incredibly useful, even with Steelix's awful Special Attack. Oh hai random Graveler, yes it is a good idea to use Selfdestruct at full HP- wait it was a crit and OHKO'd I'mADoctor?? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CURSE YOU GAMEFREAK!!!!!! Well I cleared that route, and find myself near New Bark Town! Sweet! I guess I'll walk, since it's pretty close… AAH SO MANY WILD POKEMANZ!!!! I'll fly after all.

Oh hai Mum, thanks for sending me all the presents and stuff, it was pretty useful. You say Professor Elm has been waiting for me? He has something to give me? YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WELCOME ME HOME, ARE YOU??? Goddammit, someone teach her some manners. Fine, I'll visit him… Oh hai Lyra, wanna hang out later, just you and me? Eh? Eh? *wink wink nudge nudge*… Oh I guess not (rejected again ;_;)… Oh hai Elm, you want to give me something? WHOAH MASTER BALL!! Oh, and some beautiful Kimono Girls were looking for me? WHO CARES I GOT A SHINY MASTER BALL!!!!! Oh, I guess I'll have to go see them to progress the plot, so… To Ectruteak City!… OH ITS THAT DAMN REDHEAD AGAIN!!! Haha, you lost? To a bunch of girls? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL you fail. Anyway, now it's my turn!

The first Kimono Girl sends out Umbreon, and I start with Triforce. Close Combat OHKO'd. Lol.

Next one: She sends out Espeon. I switch straight away to DUMBO, knowing that she resists all of its moves. It uses Psychic, leaving a small dent. It uses another Psychic as DUMBO Digs, hitting Espeon into the yellow. It Psychics again, bringing DUMBO to the red, while I set up an obligatory Rock Polish. A hyper potion heals up DUMBO, as Espeon uses… Swift. EPIC FAIL. Sadly, it still outspeeds, and hits with another Psychic before DUMBO killed it with a Dig. Next!

She sends out a Flareon. I switch to I'mADoctor, getting hit by a Fire Blast on the way in. I heal up with roost, while it Will-O-Wisps. Not that I care. A Hypnosis puts Flareon to sleep. I proceed to Air Slash it to death, doing mediocre damage. It wakes up after two turns, and hits with a Quick Attack as I Roost to heal off burn damage. Another AIr Slash nearly kills it, and it flinches. One more cut from the doctor's scalpel KO's it.

Next, she sends out Jolteon. I know what to do here… Switch to DUMBO. It uses Double Team on the switch, and does it again as DUMBO uses Harden. ANOTHER Double Team happens as DUMBO uses Dig, and AGAIN before DUMBO can come up. Nothing I can do about it really. Wait a second… Jolteon's a yellow Pokemon!! DUMBO, get the hell outta there!! (I'm not going to count this as a restriction fail, since DUMBO did no damage at all.) I switch to Starter ON ANOTHER DOUBLE TEAM. It uses Thunder Wave, but it hit by the wonderful move that is Swift. It Thunderbolts, another Swift brings it to the yellow. It then uses Last Resort (wtf??) and Starter fires off another Swift. But… DAMMIT I FORGOT TO HEAL STARTER. It KOs with Last Resort before I can do anything. I send in Thirsty as heal fodder. After having Thirsty tank a Last Resort and getting paralysed, I send Starter back in on a Thunderbolt. Another bolt from the sky is dropped, and Starter Swifts… leaving it at 1 HP. GODDAMMIT. I heal up Starter and get hit by another Last Resort. As a 'last resort' as it were, Jolteon attacked again before getting KO'd. AHHHH SO ANNOYING I HATE JOLTEON.

Now for the last Kimono Girl and the last Eeveelution- Vaporeon. There are no clear switch-ins, so I keep in Triforce and maul it with a Close Combat. It is brought into the low yellow, but isn't KO'd. Trifroce is then hit by a titanic wave, bringing it to about the same HP level as Vappy thanks to the defence drops. But no matter, another Close Combat comfortably KO's it. YES THE ULTRAHAXXY BATTLES ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!

Ah thanks Kimono Girl, that Tidal Bell will come in useful. Oh, you saw Lugia over the Whirl Islands?? Guess I'd better head over there then! Hmm, but before I do that, I need some semblance of a plan… Well I'm planning to kill it instead of capturing it. I can't use Triforce or Titan, since they will probably be OHKO'd by Aeroblast. I also can't use Starter or DUMBO because they won't like taking a Hydro Pump to the face. So that leaves Thirsty and I'mADoctor. Thirsty is very powerful and has instant recovery, but as we saw last chapter vs Clair's Kingdra, she can't take special hits very well. So that just leaves I'mADoctor. She seems like a good candidate actually. Decent Special Defense, instant recovery and Hypnosis, with a solid STAB move. It's up to you, Doc. (Oh, and I caught a Slowpoke as another HM slave, which took far too long with Counter. Welcome to the team, Need4Speed!) Oh, and I'll need a bit of grinding before taking on Lugia. I'm going to fight Youngster Joey again!… What he evolved his Rattata? I swear, if he calls me again about his Rattata then I will call conspiracy…. Okay, I'mADoctor is now level 40, and I think she's ready to take on Lugia! Now to get out my new HM slave, Slowpoke! Why did I get another one? Because there are 4 moves needed to fully explore the Whirl Islands- Surf, Whirlpool, Strength and Flash, and Slowpoke is one of the few pokemon which learn all 4.

Hey, the Whirl Islands aren't so bad so far, not many wild poke- I spoke too soon. They're everywhere. Remember a couple of chapters back when I said there was a more annoying dungeon than Mt Mortar? This is it. Thousands of wild encounters, an incredibly frustrating maze, it's all here. THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is the dungeon Gamefreak's most proud of. Thank god for online guides… Oh hai Mr. Monk, you won't let me through? Well I've got the SIlver Wing bro, deal with it… Oh hai Kimono Girls, why did the background music just stop? OOH SHINY TIDAL BELL!! Oh, nice dancing too girls. WHOAH AWESOME CUTSCENE OF LUGIA BURSTING OUT OF THE WATERFALL!! Now give I'mADoctor the Wide Lens, and get to work!

VS Lugia: I lead with I'mADoctor. It Aeroblasts I'mADoctor, doing mediocre damage, while my Hypnosis misses. Then Lugia hits with a Hydro Pump, and Hypnosis misses AGAIN. Then Lugia's Extrasensory gets I'mADoctor into the red, and Hypnosis hits. My owl safely Roosts up, before AIr Slashing… for pitiful damage. It wakes up after 4 turns of sleep, and gets a crit Aeroblast, doing massive damage, while I'mADoctor's predicted Hypnosis MISSED. Lugia then uses Rain Dance (thank god) as I Roost up. Then it tries to use Rain Dance again (lol) and The Doctor puts Lugia to sleep. After 3 Air Slashes, Lugia woke up and used Extrasnsory and the rain stopped. Excelent. It then repeats its last action, and I'mADoctor successfully puts it to sleep. A roost to get healthy, then I spam Air Slash. It woke up after only 2 turns, using Extrasensory again. I resin that since Lugia is now in the red, I can't take risk wasting turns with Hypnosis, so I select Roost. It Aeroblasts, getting me into the red. Then another Extrasensory, and another Roost, leaving I'mADoctor with almost full HP. It then wastes time with a Rain Dance, and I Air Slash, bringing it to very low HP. Then, it smashes me with a Rain-boosted Hydro-Pump, doing great damage, but it wasn't enough, and Lugia fell to a final stroke from my Doctor's Scalpel. Prof wins, with no items or switching! WOOOOOOOOOO!! Well, tune in next time to see how I fare against the E4 and the Champion! Chapter 9 ends here!

Pokemon on team: 6
Blackouts: 0
Restriction fails: 6 (I'm on a roll!)

(Pokemon ranked from MVP to LVP)

Triforce the Heracross
Lvl 40
-Close Combat
-Headbutt
-Counter
-Rock Tomb

Solo 25 flying types (COMPLETE)
Solo Morty (COMPLETE)

And BAM! Triforce is back on top. Close Combat was such an awesome boost for him, its incredible. The only thing I could possible ask for is more PP. Guts is still being epic win, since status is surprisingly common. Three words: Triforce destroys everything.

Starter the Typhlosion
Lvl 40
-Lava Plume
-Focus Blast
-Swift
-Quick Attack

Solo Falkner or Bugsy (COMPLETE)
Solo Morty or Pryce (COMPLETE)
Solo all Rocket Executives in the Radio Tower (COMPLETE)
Solo Brock or Misty (IMCOMPLETE)
Solo Blaine or Blue (INCOMPLETE)

Starter didn't see much use this chapter, but when he did he performed excellently (as usual). He still outspeeds the entire world and hits ridiculously hard. SO GOOD.

I'mADoctor the Noctowl
Lvl 40
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Zen Headbutt
-Hypnosis

Solo Chuck (COMPLETE)
Solo an E4 member the first time (INCOMPLETE)
Solo a different E4 member the second time (INCOMPLETE)

I'mADoctor did excellently this chapter, particularly against Lugia. Even though Air Slash was an 8HKO (damn 154 base Special Defense...) it was a clear win right from the start. Impressive, Doc!

Thirsty the Miltank
Lvl 41
-Body Slam
-Zen Headbutt
-Gyro Ball
-Milk Drink

Solo one gym leader, using Milk Drink as many times as the leader has pokemon (COMPLETE)[Clair]

I didn't use Thirsty at all thus chapter since she was a little overlevelled. She retains her high position as one of the most vital and powerful members of the team.

Titan the Scyther
Lvl 38
-Wing Attack
-Double Team
-Swords Dance
-Agility

Tank 20 super effective hits (COMPLETE)
Tank 2 super effective hits in a row (COMPLETE)

Oh Titan, how you've changed. Once the most powerful member of the team, now rotting as 2nd place LVP. Wing Attack is just too weak right now, and not having any coverage moves doesn't help either. Curse you, Treadshot!

DUMBO the Steelix
Lvl 39
-Harden
-Dig
-Rock Polish
-Dragon Pulse

Solo Jasmine’s Steelix (COMPLETE)
Solo Lance (INCOMPLETE)

DUMBO is very disappointing. Dig is becoming too weak with DUMBO's 'meh' attack stat. And remember how I said last chapter that Dragon Pulse wasn't so bad? I lied. It it absolutely useless. At least she's a good wall... Oh, and I have to make DUMBO solo Lance next chapter. Joy...

Mafeking, you are now considered one of the greats with Sage Chow, Jimera0, Ax (if he'll write some more), and waterwarrior!!!

Keep it up! I cannot wait for Assist tricks :D

I'll be posting updates every week but that might be hard having school and work like tonight. Also I have Overbite, Sneak, and Pure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)