Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Awesome :P

Go, Multi and your greatness!!!!!

Anyway, too everyone else, College has been killing me this week, so the next chapter will take a while :(

I had two reasons for that sequence. One was to have Red get Daniel's number, and the other can't be revealed yet. Looks like he was just lucky. I actually drew on personal experience there, as I've been hit pretty hard and blacked out briefly, but I wasn't concussed. I understand its rare, and perhaps unrealistic, but certainly not impossible.

Glad you're enjoying Homestuck. Now you go to the forums, and realize how much you missed during your first readthrough XD.

EDIT: There's actually a third reason. If I ever do anything monumentally stupid that doesn't break a restriction, I can blame it on a headache XD

A New Scramble Challange

Bonjour, communité du Smogon! Je m’appelle ReshiramBlackZekromWhite, et je veux vous moi donner un “Scramble Challange.” Je ne veux pas qu’il est plus difficile… mais, je ne veux pas pour ca va être plus facile… J’ai des regules pour la Challange:​
(The above is a relative introduction in French, based on my Gr. 9 knowledge of it)​
Hi there everyone! (This, right now, happens to be only Jimera0 and me)
I'd like to attempt a Scramble Challange in Pokémon White.
Here are my personal rules:
FOR THE POKEMON:

• Nothing too advanced, please, keep it to a moderate challange.
  • Each Pokémon must have at least 2 attacking moves, unless it is going to be a wall of sorts, where it has to have at least 1. At least one of those moves has to get STAB, and at least 1 of them has to be coming off of its stronger attacking side (for example, using Outrage instead of Draco Meteor on a Haxorus).
  • No item (e.g. X Pokémon always has to hold Y item, or X Pokémon can't use A, B, or C items), healing (e.g. X Pokémon can only heal in/out a/of battle, or X Pokémon can't use Pokémon Centres) , or route restrictions (e.g. having to catch a Frillish in the P2 Laboratory)
  • I'd like one Scramblemon from each of the following categories:(BOLDED means the category is taken)

1. Extremely easy, practically not a scramblemon (e.g. Starter that has to be sent into battle against all Minccino)
  2. High-powered Pokémon that will be a core member of the team (e.g. physical Haxorus or special Chandelure/Hydregion)
  3. Pokémon that'll troll the hell out of me (e.g. Emolga that has to be the highest level in my party, has to use Volt Switch on its 3rd turn of battle, be the first Pokémon sent out in all Trainer battles, and can only attack Pokémon that are already Paralyzed, unless they aren't and you're trying to paralyze them with a move, and that move can't be Thunder Wave)
  4. Wall (e.g. Ferrothorn that has to use Sandstorm on the first turn, and cannot learn any Grass-type attacks other than Bullet Seed)
  5. Fast Pokémon (e.g. Accelgor that has to use Acid Spray until the opponent is at -6 Sp. Def. before attacking)
  6. Another High-powered Pokémon on the opposite Attacking spectrum (e.g. the first one was a Haxorus, this one is a Chandelure

• My Starter Pokémon will NOT be used in this Scramble Challange. I will trade one of the high-powered Pokémon to my game, at Lv. 5 (freshly hatched from an egg and raised 4 levels via Rare Candy).
  • All Pokémon must reach their final evolution ASAP, or before the Elite 4 if it cannot be done before
  • Must be in List of Viable Pokemon:
List of Viable Pokemon

• Ferroseed
  • Yanmask
  • Axew
  • Litwick
  • Frillish
  • Deino
  • Drilbur
  • Darumaka
  • Sandile
  • "FOSSIL"
  • Solosis
  • Tynamo
  • Larvesta

My Scramblemons:
Yanmask -> Cofagrigus
That being said, catch a Yamask at the Relic Castle as soon as you crush Burgh's dreams of ever being a real threat. Name him/her StallMeOut, unless you dislike the use of extra capitalization, in which case name him/her Restless.

--Team Relationship--

Your Yamask is a ferociously bitter monster and, at first, wishes to extract revenge upon the world, including your team. Until you receive your Gym Badge from Elesa in Nimbasa, Yamask may not be switched in during the middle of a turn (so he/she may only lead your party or be switched in upon the fainting of a Pokemon on either side to join battle). Additionally, until this Badge is received, he/she may only use attacking moves.

Upon getting your Badge from Elesa, however, Yamask has a change of heart and now wants to protect the world from devastation. Because of this, Yamask may only switch out once the Mummy ability has been passed on to the opposing Pokemon unless the Pokemon has a clear type advantage. Additionally, if the Pokemon leading your party is weak to the Pokemon on the opposing side of the field, Yamask must immediately guard them unless it is similarly weak to that type.

--Moves--

1) You wished for STAB moves and for ones that come from the stronger attacking stat. This, for Yamask/Cofagrigus, is Special Attack, which is good. Your STAB move must always be replaced by the next available damaging Ghost-move you receive by level-up. [Astonish -> Night Shade -> Hex -> Ominous Wind -> Shadow Ball] Since Ominous Wind only has 5 PP, feel free to keep Hex until you receive Shadow Ball.

2) Obviously, Cofagrigus is a wall, so it has to be able to indirectly damage opponents more than directly. So, once you gain the ability to Surf, head to Route 17 and get the TM06 [Toxic] and teach it to Yamask/Cofagrigus.

3) When you're in the Celestial Tower you'll receive TM61 [Will-O-Wisp] which must be taught to Cofagrigus. Any trainer Pokemon you encounter that features a type that was Physical before the damage split that isn't Ghost [Normal, Ground, Poison, Fighting, Steel, Rock, Flying, Bug] you must cripple them with Will-O-Wisp.

4) This move is a move of your choice, and may be either attacking or status. If it's an attacking move, it may not be Ghost-type but must be Specially based. If it's a status move, this move may not be used more than twice per major battle (Gym Leader, N, Rival, etc.)

--Solo Requirements--

Well, you didn't want any evolution postponing, so instead I'm going to force you to advance evolution. As such, Yamask must have evolved into Cofagrigus [level 34] by the time you face Skyla. This shouldn't be too hard as long as you train everyone equally.

Additionally, as Skyla has a Swoobat which is part Psychic and therefore weak to Cofagrigus, he must defeat her Swoobat. Watch out for Assurance! And, actually, since her Unfezant can do literally nothing but Air Slash you, you may as well solo the rest of Skyla as well. If you only have a Ghost-type direct damage move then you better stall her Unfezant to death with Toxic or Will-O-Wisp! Make sure you have at least one of these before the battle.

Drilbur -> Excadrill
RBZW, you get Excatroll, the Drilbur. Since you wanted a troll pokemon, here's the worst challenge i can currently think of.

Excatroll is really pissed off that it was sent to the Ubers tier, so it refuses to use it's full strength. In fact, it refuses to fight any OU pokemon full stop. It also can't fight Ubers pokemon either. If you have it lead your party, and an OU or Ubers pokemon shows up, guess what? You have to throw out 20 items from your bag. If it is sent out in any battle againast an OU or Ubers pokemon, throw out 20 items as well.

The next restriction is that Excatroll realises it is only a good troll as an Excadrill. You must evolve Excatroll asap, and it must be the first of your pokemon to evolve. You have to lead with Excatroll until it evolves.

Excatroll must have two status moves asap, and it can only attack with it's other moves after it's used it's status moves once each at least. This resets for each pokemon that a trainer brings out, and also resets upon an opponent or you switching. So if you're fighting five Emolgas, you have to use your status moves once each, against each Emolga. If the opponent switches, even worse.

Excatroll must then hold an item at all times. After each battle (so, a wild encounter, or a trainer battle), if Excatroll killed something, then switch it's item. Keep a list of all the items it has ever held. You cannot use any items on that list. So, if you start with Choice Scarf, then switch to Life Orb, then next time you have to switch to something that's NOT Choice Scarf or Life Orb.

Oh, and Excatroll must kill all non-OU, non-Ubers pokemon that give Speed EVs or SpAtk EVs that you find.

Good luck

Axew -> Fraxure -> Haxorus
Reshiram, take an Axew and name him/her Rivalry.
He/She must be the first one you catch that has the ability Rivalry.

This Axew understands that having the ability Rivalry makes battles a bit randomized.
He/She decides to even up the difficulty:
Against pokemon of the same gender, Rivalry cannot use STAB moves or be healed by potions, to offset his/her offensive boost.
Against pokemon of the opposite gender, Rivalry has no restrictions, to offset his/her offensive hindrance.

Rivalry must solo the rival that matches his/her gender. (Bianca or Cheren)
He/She must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

Archen -> Archeops
Take Zombie the Archen. Your Archen has been revived from the dead, and therefore it thinks its a zombie. Now this comes with a few implications. Firstly, Zombie may not learn any Special moves, since the undead have no special powers- they just eat people! Zombie may never learn Acrobatics, since the walking dead can't do backflips or anything- they're limbs would fall off! And Zombie may never switch out, because its not afraid of death- its already dead, of course.

Now remember when I said that zombies eat people? Teach Zombie Crunch. But what's this? Zombie's going on a rampage!! From the moment it learns Crunch, that is the only move it can use, and you may not use any other pokemon until Zombie evolves into Archeops. When it does, Zombie calms down and you may use other moves and pokemon, but you must keep Crunch. All other restrictions carry over. No other restrictions since I'm feeling nice :)

Darumaka -> Darmanitan
@RBZW, take EZ the Darumaka. It cannot use Super Effective moves. That is all. Have fun!

Solosis -> Duosion -> Reuniclus
Edit: Reshriam, take a Solosis and name it ToeTheLine. Like me, this Solosis is annoyed by the rediculous amount of rules you put on submissions for your scramble challenge, so it aims to come as close to breaking those rules as it can without breaking them. Let's break this down into bits shall we?

Quote:
Each Pokémon must have at least 2 attacking moves, unless it is going to be a wall of sorts, where it has to have at least 1.
Alright then, has to have at least 2 attacking moves then? I'd try to pass him off as a wall if I thought I could get away with it, but ToeTheLine knows where the boundaries are. So, ToeTheLine may never have more than two attacking moves.

Quote:
At least one of those moves has to get STAB, and at least 1 of them has to be coming off of its stronger attacking side (for example, using Outrage instead of Draco Meteor on a Haxorus).
Ok, so to best subvert this rule, ToeTheLine's STAB move must also be the same one that's coming off his Special attack. The other move must be Physical. I'd make it so your STAB move had to be physical, but unfortunately this line doesn't learn any physical STAB moves.

Quote:
No item (e.g. X Pokémon always has to hold Y item, or X Pokémon can't use A, B, or C items), healing (e.g. X Pokémon can only heal in/out a/of battle, or X Pokémon can't use Pokémon Centres) , or route restrictions (e.g. having to catch a Frillish in the P2 Laboratory)
Hmmm now this is a tricky one to subvert. Ah, I know! Every time you use an item on ToeTheLine, you have to pay double what the item's worth (simplest method is by trashing another of the same item). So you can use whatever items you want, but you have to pay for them. Hold items cost 1000 poke every battle you hold them in unless the hold item is something useless like an evolutionary stone or something.

Quote:
Nothing too advanced, please, keep it to a moderate challange.
I'm pretty sure I'm already toeing the line on this one.

Quote:
Another High-powered Pokémon on the opposite Attacking spectrum (e.g. the first one was a Haxorus, this one is a Chandelure
With only one Special Attack, ToeTheLine is already toeing the line on this one too.

Enjoy your trol- errrr I mean super special awesome Special attacker. Yeah. That's what I meant.

I’d like challanges to be doable. Nothing insanely difficult (except the TrollMon) and everything should evolve into something in the current OU metagame.
Also, I have the right to refuse any challange if I feel that it doesn’t comply to my rules.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving for position #4 (the wall). Give me just a few moments. :)

p.s. Cofagrigus.

EDIT:

Justification for using Cofagrigus as a Wall: 145 Def / 105 Sp. Def / Mummy.

That being said, catch a Yamask at the Relic Castle as soon as you crush Burgh's dreams of ever being a real threat. Name him/her StallMeOut, unless you dislike the use of extra capitalization, in which case name him/her Restless.

--Team Relationship--

Your Yamask is a ferociously bitter monster and, at first, wishes to extract revenge upon the world, including your team. Until you receive your Gym Badge from Elesa in Nimbasa, Yamask may not be switched in during the middle of a turn (so he/she may only lead your party or be switched in upon the fainting of a Pokemon on either side to join battle). Additionally, until this Badge is received, he/she may only use attacking moves.

Upon getting your Badge from Elesa, however, Yamask has a change of heart and now wants to protect the world from devastation. Because of this, Yamask may only switch out once the Mummy ability has been passed on to the opposing Pokemon unless the Pokemon has a clear type advantage. Additionally, if the Pokemon leading your party is weak to the Pokemon on the opposing side of the field, Yamask must immediately guard them unless it is similarly weak to that type.

--Moves--

1) You wished for STAB moves and for ones that come from the stronger attacking stat. This, for Yamask/Cofagrigus, is Special Attack, which is good. Your STAB move must always be replaced by the next available damaging Ghost-move you receive by level-up. [Astonish -> Night Shade -> Hex -> Ominous Wind -> Shadow Ball] Since Ominous Wind only has 5 PP, feel free to keep Hex until you receive Shadow Ball.

2) Obviously, Cofagrigus is a wall, so it has to be able to indirectly damage opponents more than directly. So, once you gain the ability to Surf, head to Route 17 and get the TM06 [Toxic] and teach it to Yamask/Cofagrigus.

3) When you're in the Celestial Tower you'll receive TM61 [Will-O-Wisp] which must be taught to Cofagrigus. Any trainer Pokemon you encounter that features a type that was Physical before the damage split that isn't Ghost [Normal, Ground, Poison, Fighting, Steel, Rock, Flying, Bug] you must cripple them with Will-O-Wisp.

4) This move is a move of your choice, and may be either attacking or status. If it's an attacking move, it may not be Ghost-type but must be Specially based. If it's a status move, this move may not be used more than twice per major battle (Gym Leader, N, Rival, etc.)

--Solo Requirements--

Well, you didn't want any evolution postponing, so instead I'm going to force you to advance evolution. As such, Yamask must have evolved into Cofagrigus [level 34] by the time you face Skyla. This shouldn't be too hard as long as you train everyone equally.

Additionally, as Skyla has a Swoobat which is part Psychic and therefore weak to Cofagrigus, he must defeat her Swoobat. Watch out for Assurance! And, actually, since her Unfezant can do literally nothing but Air Slash you, you may as well solo the rest of Skyla as well. If you only have a Ghost-type direct damage move then you better stall her Unfezant to death with Toxic or Will-O-Wisp! Make sure you have at least one of these before the battle.

Reserving Drilbur. Will be a freaking powerhosue when i'm done with it. Actually, F*** that, it'll troll the hell out of you. Position 3, thanks.

RBZW, you get Excatroll, the Drilbur. Since you wanted a troll pokemon, here's the worst challenge i can currently think of.

Excatroll is really pissed off that it was sent to the Ubers tier, so it refuses to use it's full strength. In fact, it refuses to fight any OU pokemon full stop. It also can't fight Ubers pokemon either. If you have it lead your party, and an OU or Ubers pokemon shows up, guess what? You have to throw out 20 items from your bag. If it is sent out in any battle againast an OU or Ubers pokemon, throw out 20 items as well.

The next restriction is that Excatroll realises it is only a good troll as an Excadrill. You must evolve Excatroll asap, and it must be the first of your pokemon to evolve. You have to lead with Excatroll until it evolves.

Excatroll must have two status moves asap, and it can only attack with it's other moves after it's used it's status moves once each at least. This resets for each pokemon that a trainer brings out, and also resets upon an opponent or you switching. So if you're fighting five Emolgas, you have to use your status moves once each, against each Emolga. If the opponent switches, even worse.

Excatroll must then hold an item at all times. After each battle (so, a wild encounter, or a trainer battle), if Excatroll killed something, then switch it's item. Keep a list of all the items it has ever held. You cannot use any items on that list. So, if you start with Choice Scarf, then switch to Life Orb, then next time you have to switch to something that's NOT Choice Scarf or Life Orb.

Oh, and Excatroll must kill all non-OU, non-Ubers pokemon that give Speed EVs or SpAtk EVs that you find.

Good luck

Reserving a fast pokemon for RBZW. It'll be an Archen.

Take Zombie the Archen. Your Archen has been revived from the dead, and therefore it thinks its a zombie. Now this comes with a few implications. Firstly, Zombie may not learn any Special moves, since the undead have no special powers- they just eat people! Zombie may never learn Acrobatics, since the walking dead can't do backflips or anything- they're limbs would fall off! And Zombie may never switch out, because its not afraid of death- its already dead, of course.

Now remember when I said that zombies eat people? Teach Zombie Crunch. But what's this? Zombie's going on a rampage!! From the moment it learns Crunch, that is the only move it can use, and you may not use any other pokemon until Zombie evolves into Archeops. When it does, Zombie calms down and you may use other moves and pokemon, but you must keep Crunch. All other restrictions carry over. No other restrictions since I'm feeling nice :)

This looks like it could be fun! :P I'm looking for a fairly-hard challenge on playing through leafgreen.

Please be imaginative, and not involve pikachu -_-

Take a Squirtle. Editing now.

Take Vergen, the Squirtle. Vergen loves to live life on the verge, but he doesn't particularly like actually doing things. So, you must almost fulfill almost all the conditions that are set below. By almost, i mean if it says solo 5 trainers, solo 4. Or 4 and a half. If it says use 20 items, use 19. You get the idea.

• Solo 9 trainers
  • Solo 5 Gym Leader Pokemon
  • Have 25 potions (of any kind, like Super, Hyper, etc.) used on Vergen in battle. You may do this across multiple battles.
  • Defeat pokemon until you have been given (or would be given in Gen IV and after) at least one of each EV. So, Magikarp for speed, etc.

Remember: Almost all the restrictions, not all of them. If you complete all of them, or almost complete all of them, you have failed. Start your game over again.
Remember, you have to almost complete almost all the restrictions. If you ever complete a restriction, then you fail and must start your scramble again.

Take a Squirtle. Editing now.

Take Vergen, the Squirtle. Vergen loves to live life on the verge, but he doesn't particularly like actually doing things. So, you must almost fulfill almost all the conditions that are set below. By almost, i mean if it says solo 5 trainers, solo 4. Or 4 and a half. If it says use 20 items, use 19. You get the idea.

• Solo 9 trainers
  • Solo 5 Gym Leader Pokemon
  • Have 25 potions (of any kind, like Super, Hyper, etc.) used on Vergen in battle. You may do this across multiple battles.
  • Defeat pokemon until you have been given (or would be given in Gen IV and after) at least one of each EV. So, Magikarp for speed, etc.
Remember: Almost all the restrictions, not all of them. If you complete all of them, or almost complete all of them, you have failed. Start your game over again.
Remember, you have to almost complete almost all the restrictions. If you ever complete a restriction, then you fail and must start your scramble again.
Ok, is there any limitation on catching pokemon? How often do these challenges apply? And how long do the terms last for?

I still need more Pokemon for my Very Hard Red Version Challange. 1 is reserved for Treadshot A1 but now I would like 6 more for a total of 12 and I will pick my top 6 most creative/difficult challanges.

Rules:
1. I need 7 more Pokemon then will choose top 6 so I want your best
2. Very Hard Difficulty
3. No releasing Pokemon
4. No trashing items
5. Not too tedious
6. No level requirements
7. Be creative, keep it difficult yet fun
8. Treadshot A1 gets an automatic reservation (I want your best!)
9. Complete when I've defeated or caught Mewtwo
10. 1 hour reservations

I cannot link to the first 5 challanges but they are on page 100 if you need a reference to what's already been given. If you already gave me one of the first 5, you can give me one more but I will not choose both for my final team. Also would like a Squirtle or Bulbasaur challange.

Pokemon so far:
1. KMN the Eevee/Flareon
2. WhatAnime? The Jigglypuff
3. RAGEGUY the Charmander
4. Sleepy the Drowzee
5. SPAM the Pikachu

Need 7 more! And one is still Treadshots.

@RBZW, take EZ the Darumaka. It cannot use Super Effective moves. That is all. Have fun!

@spuds4ever, since you dont want a Pikachu, take Pika the Rattata. It must know 2 Electric moves ASAP and keep them. It must hold a Thunderstone to evolve into Raticate but after evolution it must always have the Thunderstone as a held item. It must solo Lt. Surge, Blaine, and 1 member of the E4. Other than the 2 Electric moves, its 3rd move must be one that the Pikachu line can learn. The 4th move is your choice. Good luck!

Spuds, catch a Mankey and name him King Kong.
This Mankey, like King Kong, is somewhat angry, so his final moveset must be:
Fury Swipes: To express his fury!
Screech: To vent frustration!
Low Kick: To trip up all those who oppose him!
And a final move of your choice.

He must solo Brock and at least two Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

SuperSaiyan, catch a Spearow and name it Mimic.
This Spearow loves to do impressions, so it must learn and keep Mirror Move ASAP, before it evolves.
It must lead every battle by mirroring a move, and, if Mirror Move imitates an attack, it can only use that attack for the remainder of the battle or until it runs out of PP.

Mimic must solo one trainer in every gym after you catch him except two.
Mimic must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

Reshiram, take an Axew and name him/her Rivalry.
He/She must be the first one you catch that has the ability Rivalry.

This Axew understands that having the ability Rivalry makes battles a bit randomized.
He/She decides to even up the difficulty:
Against pokemon of the same gender, Rivalry cannot use STAB moves or be healed by potions, to offset his/her offensive boost.
Against pokemon of the opposite gender, Rivalry has no restrictions, to offset his/her offensive hindrance.

Rivalry must solo the rival that matches his/her gender. (Bianca or Cheren)
He/She must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

Reserving for SS and Spuds.

Spuds, take Skinny the Bellsprout. Now, Bellsprout is one of the skinniest pokemon around, but this one wants to change. He's going to get beefed up!
So first off, Skinny has to start small. Skinny must solo 10 pokemon from each of the following groups: Levels 2-3, 4-6, 7-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30 in that order. (If you're soloing level 2-3s, and you find a Level 4 Pidgey and solo it, then it does not count, but if you solo it while going against 4-6s, then it does.) After Skinny has completed this, then it may evolve. Now, Skinny decides that all this grinding isn't enough- he has to get on the 'roids! Rename it Addict. Addict gets addicted (obviously) and must consume all of your Vitamins and Rare Candies that you find, and you must buy Vitamins for it to consume whenever you have enough money. Addict finds out about a good dealer, who gives out the premium stuff. But when he goes to meet said dealer... it was a trap! It was actually Koga, disguised as a dealer! Addict must solo Koga. After the battle, Koga convinces Addict to quit- he can get ripped some other way! You may now evolve Addict, and rename it Quitter. It tries to quit, but Quitter is finding it difficult. So, you may no longer buy Vitamins for Quitter, but it must still eat all the Vitamins and Rare Candies you find. However, whenever it does, it feels guilty, and you may not use Quitter for 1 hour of game time, and you must throw out items worth $4900 or more. At some point, you must run out of money because of this. When you do, Quitter decides to quit for good- all of its restrictions are lifted. It just has to get nice and buff some other way. How? By challenging the best! Quittier must solo Lorelei! Finally, your Victreebel has achieved its greatest dream- getting big guns. Rename it Ripped. Have fun!

Super Saiyan, take Smug the Weedle. Now Weedle and Caterpie have always had a big rivalry. Your Weedle is convinced that it is superior, since Beedrill are superior to Butterfree (in competitive battling at least). So, Smug must solo every Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree that you encounter, including wild encounters- running away is not allowed under any circumstance. Smug must also do what Weedles do best- POISON HAX!!! So, Smug must keep Poison Sting forever, and whenever the opponent is not poisoned, Smug must spam Poison Sting until it is. Even if the opponent cannot be poisoned (i.e. is a Poison type or has another status) then it still has to spam Poison Sting, since Smug is pretty determined. Once Smug solos 10 trainers, it may evolve into Kakuna, and once it solos 15 more it may evolve into Beedrill. All restrictions carry over. Smug believes that it is not only better than all Caterpies, it is also better than every other pokemon in the world!! So, Smug must solo Giovanni in the Gym battle, and Lance's Dragonite. Enjoy!

The hell happened, my post vanished. Anyway, reserving a Pokemon for Reshriam, will be his special attacker. I'd repeat all the funny stuff I said except I don't want to do it twice because the shitty forums devoured my post.

Edit: Reshriam, take a Solosis and name it ToeTheLine. Like me, this Solosis is annoyed by the rediculous amount of rules you put on submissions for your scramble challenge, so it aims to come as close to breaking those rules as it can without breaking them. Let's break this down into bits shall we?

Each Pokémon must have at least 2 attacking moves, unless it is going to be a wall of sorts, where it has to have at least 1.
Alright then, has to have at least 2 attacking moves then? I'd try to pass him off as a wall if I thought I could get away with it, but ToeTheLine knows where the boundaries are. So, ToeTheLine may never have more than two attacking moves.

At least one of those moves has to get STAB, and at least 1 of them has to be coming off of its stronger attacking side (for example, using Outrage instead of Draco Meteor on a Haxorus).
Ok, so to best subvert this rule, ToeTheLine's STAB move must also be the same one that's coming off his Special attack. The other move must be Physical. I'd make it so your STAB move had to be physical, but unfortunately this line doesn't learn any physical STAB moves.

No item (e.g. X Pokémon always has to hold Y item, or X Pokémon can't use A, B, or C items), healing (e.g. X Pokémon can only heal in/out a/of battle, or X Pokémon can't use Pokémon Centres) , or route restrictions (e.g. having to catch a Frillish in the P2 Laboratory)
Hmmm now this is a tricky one to subvert. Ah, I know! Every time you use an item on ToeTheLine, you have to pay double what the item's worth (simplest method is by trashing another of the same item). So you can use whatever items you want, but you have to pay for them. Hold items cost 1000 poke every battle you hold them in unless the hold item is something useless like an evolutionary stone or something.

Nothing too advanced, please, keep it to a moderate challange.
I'm pretty sure I'm already toeing the line on this one.

Another High-powered Pokémon on the opposite Attacking spectrum (e.g. the first one was a Haxorus, this one is a Chandelure
With only one Special Attack, ToeTheLine is already toeing the line on this one too.

Enjoy your trol- errrr I mean super special awesome Special attacker. Yeah. That's what I meant.

SS, can I reserve again for you? If so, I'm reserving for you.

EDIT: SS, take Fang the Ratatta, who must be the FIRST Ratatta you see that you can catch on Route 1. Fang thinks he has the greatest fang ever, and such doesn't want to hurt it, and such must use only 1 attacking move, and that must not involve his fang AND be 40 BP or less (basically, pick Quick Attack, Pursuit, or Tackle). For his non-attacking moves, no boosting moves or stat dropping moves. He wants to show the world that his fang is the greatest, so he must solo:
1)Lt. Surge with 1 other of your pokemon, who must status all of his pokemon, and can only KO 1 of them.
2)All of Route 3 without the pokemon center and with only 2 healing items.
3)Koga, allowing his pokemon to use Minimize at least once.
4)Your Rival twice, without switching once, and with only 2 healing items per battle.
5)25 Rocket Grunts, each of which have at least 2 pokemon, and without statusing half of their pokemon.
Also, he hates most items, and such:
1)No items, even X-items, that aren't healing items. Beyond the above healing item restrictions, he can only be healed with Potions and Super Potions, and even those he only gets 5 per badge.

Still, he loves hanging out with his friends, and such can never leave the party. He also hates to faint, so if he faints once, he must solo 100 level 2, 3, or 4 pokes. Twice, he loses a moveslot ( a statusing move is first to go), and has to do level 1 doubled. Three times, level 2 doubled, and loss of another moveslot. 4 times, he loses his attacking move. 5 times and on, he must solo 300 pokemon that have SE STABs against him.

Finally, he can only evolve after you catch all of your pokemon and he has soloed Koga for your 6th gym badge! After every time he KO's something, he thinks he has Moxie, and such must lead against the next poke, too.

Good luck, and if you need changes, I'd be happy to make them!

Hey Super Saiyan, heres a challenge for you,
Take FatefulSix, the Perfect/Rusty Magnemite!
Oh dear... theres a bit of a problem. You see, I have decided to mix my usual "broken pokemon becomes fixed" style up a bit. Instead of being completely broken, he has already somewhat been repaired, meaning 3 of his restrictions aren't as bad as they would be. To find out which three are Fixed, and which three are Broken to begin with, RNG 1-6 3 times, then consult my handy-dandy restrictions guide:

Restrictions!
1. As Six has learned that he becomes a Steel type pokemon in gen II, he must Avoid Fighting Poison typed pokemon/Solo all Poison typed pokemon
2. Six has a lot of support moves. May he use them? Yes he can/No he can't
3. Six May be switched out in battle/May not switch out in battle
4. Six Can battle Water and Flying type pokemon./Cannot battle Water and Flying type pokemon.
5. Six Is not under the effects of torment whenever he is in battle./Is under the effects of torment whenever he is in battle.
6. When Six is inflicted with a status move, you must Fix one Restriction/Break one restriction

The numbers you RNG are the restrictions that start your challenge "Fixed", so you follow everything in bold. The "broken" restrictions are in italic. If two of the restrictions clash, use the restriction that was obtained first, and ignore the second

Apart from restriction 6, there is a way to fix/break your challenges. IF Six is ever Knocked from Green to Red health, and lives, when you heal him you must fix one restriction, or two if you survive at one HP, or if the attack was super effective. However, if Six were to faint, you must break a restriction, or two if the attack was a OHKO or was not very effective.
Finally, Six cannot have items used on him While in battle, however, If all six restrictions are fixed, then Six can have items used on him while in battle. If they are all broken, he is banned from using items at all. Other than that, feel free to use items outside of battle
Basically, take a Magnemite, and hope that you can fix him.
As the restrictions are so complex, there is no evolution requirement.

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Unless I counted wrong, Spuds only has five Pokemon, so I'll reserve. You said LeafGreen, sooooooo you're going to get a LG-exclusive Pokemon. Vulpix! Will edit shortly.

EDIT:

Useful stuff for you-- Handy-Dandy Vulpix Level-Up Move List. Where can I catch Vulpix? (Serebii FR/LG data, Bulbapedia info for Routes 7 and 8.)

You said you wanted this fairly-hard, so I'll do my best.

--Standard Info--

Your Vulpix, no matter what social reformers may say, is absolutely and totally defined by its gender. Because of this, your Vulpix MUST be the first one you find. You may not search for one of another gender. If you accidentally faint this Vulpix, you must catch one of the same gender.

From here-on, the restrictions will be in hide tags as they vary between genders.

For the record, Vulpix have a 25/75 male-to-female ratio, so the female version will initially be harder than the male. Good luck.

Fitting in is like, so totally fetch! Your Vulpix is a social butterfly, and must be named Cheerlead in honor of her favorite sport! If Vulpix had a Facebook, she'd have thousands of friends.

Now, trends in the popular scene are always changing, just like her moveset! As soon as she is able to learn a new move, she must learn it and it must replace the oldest move in her group of four. This goes for TMs as well, they must replace old moves and must eventually be replaced if the time comes.

Now, you're thinking you're smart and that you could just evolve to Ninetales early to avoid her learning many level-up moves, but you're wrong.

You have the option of evolving to Ninetales at any point you'd like in the game, but at the sacrifice of immediately replacing Ninetales' moveset to become Roar / Sunny Day / Attract / Fire Spin. Roar and Attract are found near Cerulean, whilst Sunny Day is found in the Safari Zone. Fire Spin is a level-up move for Ninetales at level 45. Until she is able to learn Fire Spin, your only attacking move may be either Ember or Quick Attack.

The above evolution restriction is lifted upon gaining access to Surf. That is, by beating Koga (not necessarily with Cheerlead). However, if you've already evolved Cheerlead at this point the restriction stays in place. Basically, you can evolve her post-Koga without any repercussions.

In order to prove that she's worth being the star of your team, Cheerlead must solo the entirety of Erika's Gym and then to prove that she remains worthy, she must defeat Lorelei's Jynx and Cloyster in your first battle with the Elite Four.

Ahhh, the dejected male of teendom. Angst everywhere! Name this sad little boy Outcast. If Vulpix had a Facebook, he'd be lucky to scrounge up one-hundred buddies to join him in internet joviality.

Now, your little guy is a bit sad and weak. But he's also spiteful. Outcast's final moveset must contain both of the Ghost-type moves that he gains via level-up, which are Confuse Ray (level 21) and Grudge (level 37). Because you're forced to wait to evolve until Grudge, you may evolve with no other restriction upon attaining this move. These two moves are locked in permanently.

The other two moves are yours to choose, but they may never strike an opponent super-effectively until you have taken care of Celio's problem over in the Island Chain [post-Blaine].

He may learn the following TMs: Toxic, Dig, Facade, Rest, Attract. Upon evolving to Ninetales, he may learn Hyper Beam if you feel so inclined.

Since he can't use Super-effective moves for a while, he can't solo Erika. Instead, have him solo Sabrina.

Chapter 9 is up!

Yup, I got it up in less than a week for once! It's most grinding honestly, but I did my best to throw some interesting bits in there with the legendary birds. Really, without those it would be a hell of a barren chapter. You can expect the Elite Four update in a few days, then I do a short "epilogue" where I take on Mewtwo and sum up the MVP and LVP.

I haven't checked the posts since I last checked the thread yet so I might add more comments to this later on, but for now this is all I got to say.

EDIT: I've decided that I'd like to remind everyone that there will be another Scramble Awards in 96 pages, and that it'd be a good idea to copy and past any good/hard challenges you see in the next while so you don't have to spend half a day combing over 100 pages to find your nominations. I've already started my own list on this topic, and I encourage you guys to do it too! Believe me, doing this now will save you so much time later.

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Chapter One of my Ruby Scramble is now up! I tried to emulate Jimera's style this go around to make my updates more humorous and enjoyable. I hope it worked!

Speaking of Jimera, chapter nine was a great update as usual! I appreciate the shortness of it, as I still have a whole bunch of updates to get caught up with concerning everyone else. :)

Mafeking, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that is totally not my style. The good news is that it's totally awesome anyway. I love the first person perspective and alternate character interpretations, they're hilarious and fresh. I just kind of MST3K when I'm doing mine, and I never write it as if I'm actually the person in the game rather than someone playing it, so your style is quite different from mine. This is good, because as they say variety is the spice of life, and your particular spice is very savory indeed!

"I name it Wotadile because it's like a pun on "what a dial" and I wish I had a radio or something. I dunno, I'm not very creative with naming things."

Bwahahaha now that's one way to explain the stupid as shit names people give out for Scrambles! And yes, I know it's my own stupid as shit name. I am not that stoopid D:

And yeah, Wotadile shouldn't be nearly as hard as Wotter was for me because unlike me you're actually allowed to use Super-Effective attacks. Still, no STAB until Lilycove is going to hurt :P

And yeah it wasn't so much short because I intended it that way as because there totally wasn't much to write about. Seriously, just imagine how short it'd be if I hadn't decided to take on the Legendary Birds. Ironically, this is in direct contrast to the amount of time spent writing it, seeing as the only one that could possibly be even close to as long as this one was the last one due to the ridiculous amount of grinding I had to do. Thankfully, no more of that. The next chapter is all battles, so it'll take me a hell of a lot less time to do. I always like the Elite Four chapters for that reason... only ones I can crank out in less than 3 hours.

Thanks everyone for the scramblemons. Love them all, the troll Excadrill is funny, Jimera0 yours is awesome, EndQuote, I'll look forward to my Haxorus, Professor Science, the Archeops is hilarious, Mafeking, the Cofagrigus will indeed make a great wall, and the Darmanitan from Super Saiyan is indeed an easy Challange. Can't wait to start this, but will probably have to wait until Spring Break, I have so much homework :(

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
The bad news is that is totally not my style. The good news is that it's totally awesome anyway.
Okay so I more meant "look at me I did something funny instead of being all serious!"

This is good, because as they say variety is the spice of life, and your particular spice is very savory indeed!
Why thank you! :)

Bwahahaha now that's one way to explain the stupid as shit names people give out for Scrambles! And yes, I know it's my own stupid as shit name. I am not that stoopid D:
I threw that line in after I'd written almost all of the rest of the chapter, haha. I was like "oh darn I need to explain why the shit his name is Wotadile let's make a radio pun??"

p.s. give me STAB I hate you [cry] waaaaaah [/cry]

p.p.s. I totally understand why your chapter was short, haha. There'd be no point to combining it with the E4 chapter as the grinding would take /forever/ anyway and there wouldn't be a clear boundary between the end of your adventure throughout the land and where you started the final challenge. Can't wait for the next/last installment though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)