Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

typon, I'll reserve your last Pokémon for you.

Edit: typon, take a Pikachu called Chuckie.

Chuckie is scared of a lot of things, such as:

- Adventure: Chuckie refuses to battle while in a cave.
- Clowns: Chuckie refuses to battle against a Mr. Mime.
- The guy on the oatmeal box: Chuckie refuses to battle against a Hitmonchan.

However, Chuckie is capable of bravery when his friends are in danger, albeit briefly. If one of your Pokémon faints while fighting in a cave or against a Mr. Mime / Hitmonchan, send out Chuckie. Chuckie must make one attack and switch out immediately afterwards. If this attack knocked out the opposing Pokémon, Chuckie has saved his friend from danger and may evolve into Raichu.

As a Raichu, Chuckie becomes a little more brave, and so will always switch in and make one attack whenever a teammate faints.

I already have a Lillipup reserved, sorry. I'll keep the reservation for you to change to a different Pokémon if you like, though.

I'm loving what you guys have come up with so far. One question; Jimera, how might I go about emulating Firefighter's Truant?
String Shot of course! What better way to waste every second turn? You have to have it anyway and it's pretty much useless so it fits it pretty good. Ironically this means he'll be fighting fires without string shot and everything else with it, but the story has got to take a back seat to the challenge actually being half way possible anyway.

New restriction since I didn't think I made it hard enough; you need to beat 3 Trainer owned Fire types with Firefighter to evolve once, and another 5 to do so again. Now you're really in for some trouble!

Hehe, fair enough. I assure you I will find some way to abuse that String Shot. <3

I am so looking forward to the rage this challange will most likely be inducing. Perhaps it'll reflect in the story? :D

Eventually, after my Black Scramblocke and HG Scramble, I think I might do an insanely difficult Platinum Scramble. Obviously, I ain't doin' it now, but I'll do it after it.

Ah, damn. I just noticed that both BATMAN! and CDIMKII are required to solo Skyla. I suppose I could just not solo with BATMAN! and keep him as a Servine, though that wasn't really the original intention. >.>

Ok, so it looks like I'm ready to start my first Scramble Challenge! Everything's in place.

Game: Blue
Length: Beat Elite Four
Difficulty: Easy-Mid
Theme: Old Nickelodeon Characters

Timmy is an average kid that no one understands: may not use non-STAB moves that are overr 70 BP.
Vicky is an evil ****: May not battle against Female trainers or Pokemon unless it is the last mon.
Cosmo is a doofus: Must know a recoil-inducing move and a move with 70Acc or less. Removing the second part because it conflicts with the first restriction
Wanda is a great person: Select one mon to be "Wanda." If Timmy is in the red, switch to Wanda ASAP to heal him.
Gordan is SCARY!!!!: May not be used against Important trainer's mons that are at a higher level than it.
Crazy teacher wants your fairies!!: Solo your rival at all times!!

Typon77, take a Staryu and name it Patrick.
This dim-witted starfish can never remember whether STAB moves are good or bad.

Each time it is sent out in a trainer battle, flip a coin.
If heads, it can only use Water-type moves in that battle.
If tails, it cannot use Water-type moves in that battle.

In addition, Patrick cannot be healed by items, because he can never figure out how to use them.

He must solo one trainer in every gym after his capture, to prove himself worthy of his job at the Krusty Krab.

@typhon77: Well, if you want an easy/mid challange, instead of selecting a Wanda, how about I give you one?

Take a Nidoran♀ and name it Wanda. Wanda's the go-to Pokemon if Timmy's in red health. She's also very maternal, so she must solo whatever Pokemon put Timmy's HP in red. She's also very smart, so in order for her to evolve into Nidorina, she must know and keep at least two not-damaging moves. (Without TMs, the earliest you can evolve her is 23.) She must also evolve into Nidoqueen at least 5 levels after Timmy evolved at. (If Timmy evolves at 20, the earliest Wanda can evolve at again is 25.) Finally, she cannot fight any Nidoran♂, Nidorino, or Nidoking, as that represents Cosmo. Have fun!

typon77, take Norbert the Sandshrew.

Select 1 pokemon on your team. That pokemon shall be treated as this pokemon's "Dagglett". Norbert must always be at a higher level than Dagglett. You cannot train any other pokemon until Norbert is at a higher level than Dagglett. Norbert tricks Dagglett most of the time due to his higher intelligence, so if Norbert is at red HP. This restriction does not apply if Dagglett is in red HP. Because Norbert cares for his younger brother, you must switch Norbert in if Dagglett enters red HP or is hit by a SE attack. You cannot use Norbert if Dagglett is fainted unless Norbert is your last pokemon. Norbert also loves his looks, so every time you enter a new town, you must by and use [insert beauty product here] (The most expensive potion available in the town).

You get Sandwitch the Dratini to evolve you must totally incapacitate 5 mons (trainer owned) using wrap Sandwitch is also angry because someone stole his Sandwitch so he must learn the worst move in the whole game RAGE!!!! . Solo 10 Pidgy o evolve again with rage . Then there are no more restrictions but it always has to know Wrap

typon, take a Pikachu called Chuckie.

Chuckie is scared of a lot of things, such as:

- Adventure: Chuckie refuses to battle while in a cave.
- Clowns: Chuckie refuses to battle against a Mr. Mime.
- The guy on the oatmeal box: Chuckie refuses to battle against a Hitmonchan.

However, Chuckie is capable of bravery when his friends are in danger, albeit briefly. If one of your Pokémon faints while fighting in a cave or against a Mr. Mime / Hitmonchan, send out Chuckie. Chuckie must make one attack and switch out immediately afterwards. If this attack knocked out the opposing Pokémon, Chuckie has saved his friend from danger and may evolve into Raichu.

As a Raichu, Chuckie becomes a little more brave, and so will always switch in and make one attack whenever a teammate faints.

Wish me luck, I'll be updating regularly (hopefully).

and of course, by the time I realize I should be posting my progress, I'm already at Silph Co...

ah, well. I've been editing my original post to keep track of how far I've gotten through some challenges, so I guess that'll have to do.

Also, a mod ninja-changed the title.

Or maybe it's been like that for a while and I just haven't noticed.

Either way, LONG LIVE THE SCRAMBLE CHALLANGE

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay everyone, I still need TWO POKEMON for my Black Scramblocke! Any takers? Current challanges can be found in my signature.

Ok, Articblast, I'll be giving you a Pansage. Going to take a moment to research it though, hang on a moment.

Edit: Take Seedy the pansage. Seedy is a seedy fellow in more ways than one. He must always have at least one move with the word "seed" in it, meaning it must always have either Leech Seed or Seed Bomb. He's also a dark and untrustworthy character, always with a dark type move up his sleeve (get a dark move ASAP). He doesn't trust others, and as such cannot participate in double or triple battles, and if he accidentally ends up in one he must immediately switch out.

And that's all for now, I don't really feel like making a really complicated challange tonight and if I were to I'd probably accidentally make it too hard or something. Hopefully Seedy here will be good enough for you as is.

Tetrinity, here is Grim the Lilipup!!!

Grim comes from a very long liniage of Stoutland known as the Terrors. The Terrors began over 10,000 years ago when a baby Lillipup was saved from a rampaging Tyranitar by Cobalion, Terakion, and Verziron. They took care of the little pokemon and trained it in the art of combat. Eventually, the humans began to build monuments dedicated to the four saviours of the world. 100 years after the Lillipup, now a Stoutland named Grim, was taken care of, a Darkria started to rampage the world. It placed the three musketeer pokemon under a deep sleep and seperated them. Finally, it turned its gaze on Grim......

The two fought and fought until the lands burned and the rivers dried up. Eventually, a great voice was heard as the Darkria landed the final and fatal blow on Grim.

"FOR YOUR DEEDS AGAINST THE WORLD, DARKRIA, I WILL PASS JUDGEMENT ON YOU!! YOU WILL LOSE MOST OF YOUR POWER AND WILL BE IMPRISONED IN THE RUINS OF THIS DESERT THAT YOU HAVE CREATED!!"

The Darkria reared back and shuddered as its body changed. When the change was done, all that was left was a volcrona. Chains of light emerged from the ground and wrapped themselves around the new bug and dragged it into a castle under the sand.

The voice then said to Grim, "YOUR LOSS WILL NOT BE IN VAIN!! FROM NOW ON, WHEN A GRIM DIES, A NEW ONE WILL BE BORN AT THE SAME INSTANT THAT THE LIFE LEAVES THE BODY OF THE LAST ONE!!"

As the ringing voice faded away and the darkness closed in, Grim thought, "No. I must defeat the destroyer and save my family...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9,900 years later, a Grim dies from wounds recieved in battle against a Seviper that was illegally imported to Unova. Upon that death, a new Grim gained life....

This story begins with a newborn Grim that has yet to gain the power to do what 100 generations past could do: Save the Musketeers and destroy the Darkria, now a Volcrona......

The bloodline of a Grim one that requires much training and hardship. When you find this weak, little pokemon, you do not know that it is a Grim. In fact, you will not realize it until you see the black "G" form on its back after 24 game hours. Once you see it, you will recall the legends of old that you dismissed as fairy tales......

Everyone knows that a newborn Grim only knows level up moves at or below 60 BP. A Grim can only evolve when it achieves a task that benifits the spirits of its ancestors: Solo the entire Electric Gym.

After evolving, something happens to any and all Grims. They lose that ability to naturally learn things. This is so that a Grim can learn how to combat evil without its natural power. Learn only TMs/HMs/Tutor moves ASAP with a BP limit of 80. In order to evolve, a Grim must prove itself worthy enough to take on the mighty dragon. Solo the Dragon Gym's trainers without the use of the Pokemon Center and no more than 10 potions of any kind. If you fail, restart.

After becoming a Stoutland, you have been proven worthy to asend into the Hall of the Grim. Sadly, a rumble is felt throughout the world. Volcrona is getting ready to break its bonds!! You must free the three Musketeers and gain their wisdom!! It is the only way to save the world!!

Free Cobalion to gain the Defensive Technique of Protect.
Free Verziron to gain the Ranged Technique of Surf.
Free Terrakion to gain the Melee Technique of Reversal.
This is your Last Resort!!

(When it says free, it means solo).

In order to finally do what 100 generations of Grims could not do, you must travel to the castle and solo the Volcrona that resides there. Do not let the world down!!

Tetrinity, here is Grim the Lilipup!!!

Grim comes from a very long liniage of Stoutland known as the Terrors. The Terrors began over 10,000 years ago when a baby Lillipup was saved from a rampaging Tyranitar by Cobalion, Terakion, and Verziron. They took care of the little pokemon and trained it in the art of combat. Eventually, the humans began to build monuments dedicated to the four saviours of the world. 100 years after the Lillipup, now a Stoutland named Grim, was taken care of, a Darkria started to rampage the world. It placed the three musketeer pokemon under a deep sleep and seperated them. Finally, it turned its gaze on Grim......

The two fought and fought until the lands burned and the rivers dried up. Eventually, a great voice was heard as the Darkria landed the final and fatal blow on Grim.

"FOR YOUR DEEDS AGAINST THE WORLD, DARKRIA, I WILL PASS JUDGEMENT ON YOU!! YOU WILL LOSE MOST OF YOUR POWER AND WILL BE IMPRISONED IN THE RUINS OF THIS DESERT THAT YOU HAVE CREATED!!"

The Darkria reared back and shuddered as its body changed. When the change was done, all that was left was a volcrona. Chains of light emerged from the ground and wrapped themselves around the new bug and dragged it into a castle under the sand.

The voice then said to Grim, "YOUR LOSS WILL NOT BE IN VAIN!! FROM NOW ON, WHEN A GRIM DIES, A NEW ONE WILL BE BORN AT THE SAME INSTANT THAT THE LIFE LEAVES THE BODY OF THE LAST ONE!!"

As the ringing voice faded away and the darkness closed in, Grim thought, "No. I must defeat the destroyer and save my family...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9,900 years later, a Grim dies from wounds recieved in battle against a Seviper that was illegally imported to Unova. Upon that death, a new Grim gained life....

This story begins with a newborn Grim that has yet to gain the power to do what 100 generations past could do: Save the Musketeers and destroy the Darkria, now a Volcrona......

The bloodline of a Grim one that requires much training and hardship. When you find this weak, little pokemon, you do not know that it is a Grim. In fact, you will not realize it until you see the black "G" form on its back after 24 game hours. Once you see it, you will recall the legends of old that you dismissed as fairy tales......

Everyone knows that a newborn Grim only knows level up moves at or below 60 BP. A Grim can only evolve when it achieves a task that benifits the spirits of its ancestors: Solo the entire Electric Gym.

After evolving, something happens to any and all Grims. They lose that ability to naturally learn things. This is so that a Grim can learn how to combat evil without its natural power. Learn only TMs/HMs/Tutor moves ASAP with a BP limit of 80. In order to evolve, a Grim must prove itself worthy enough to take on the mighty dragon. Solo the Dragon Gym's trainers without the use of the Pokemon Center and no more than 10 potions of any kind. If you fail, restart.

After becoming a Stoutland, you have been proven worthy to asend into the Hall of the Grim. Sadly, a rumble is felt throughout the world. Volcrona is getting ready to break its bonds!! You must free the three Musketeers and gain their wisdom!! It is the only way to save the world!!

Free Cobalion to gain the Defensive Technique of Protect.
Free Verziron to gain the Ranged Technique of Surf.
Free Terrakion to gain the Melee Technique of Reversal.
This is your Last Resort!!

(When it says free, it means solo).

In order to finally do what 100 generations of Grims could not do, you must travel to the castle and solo the Volcrona that resides there. Do not let the world down!!
What a boss challange.

Why have I never thought of that before?

EDIT: Petition to have King Serperior do a scramble with prose updates:

Signed,

-Shinyskarmory
-Dragon33x5
-StallMandibuzz
-
-
-

OMG, that is such an amazing challange, KS. Should the Grims have a hatred of all Larvesta/Volcarona too, or is it just that single Volcarona in the Relic Castle?

Alright, so her Larvesta won't get smited when in a double/triple battle, although since it is very hostile, that wouldn't matter too much. :P I apparently like making very hostile Pokémon that hate their teammates. >_>

Alright, so her Larvesta won't get smited when in a double/triple battle, although since it is very hostile, that wouldn't matter too much. :P I apparently like making very hostile Pokémon that hate their teammates. >_>
Why would a Larvesta be attacked in by Grim?? If it was a Volcrona, it would be <,<

Regardless, it's very hostile, so they would both probably rip each other to pieces in a double battle. :| Would be interesting to write about, though. :3

Fine, fine, fine, you all do not need to sign the petition that Shiny made.

I'll do one and drop my 1000 post challenge (It won't work with anime). I don't have much playing time due to college, but I get out in ~2 weeks.

I should have my Platnium Mono-flying run done by then (At Volkner) and I can freely restart.

I have never done a prose update before, so it'll take some time to get used to it.

If someone can remind me in that time (I may forget with finals coming up), I will get the Scramble ready.

Is everyone OK with this?

I didn't want to force you to drop your 1000 post scramble for it. You should do that one first and eventually do a prose one.

You only hit 1000 posts once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)