Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

im bored

fire red, make it relatively easy
Take Powerhouse the Mankey.

Powerhouse is epically awesome and kicks butt wherever he goes. He wants to be the best of the best and cannot be denied. Teach him all the moves that any and all awesome fighters must know:
1). Low Kick - Get around your foe's upper body defenses with a lower body attack.
2). Karate Chop - What martial artist doesn't know this type of technique?
3). Brick Break - All fighters must have the ability to break bricks with their fists alone.
4). Cross Chop - The ultiment fighting technique!! Learn it!!

After you have Powerhouse learn all of these moves, go to the Fighting Dojo and solo everyone in there!!

Evolve directly afterwards now. After he evolves, you learn that he has been badly mentally damaged and forgets every move other than Cross Chop. He now thinks that he is a Special attacker and must know these three moves:
1). Overheat - Powerful fire moves? Yes, please!!
2). Thief - Steal the power!!
3). Thunder or Thunderbolt - Shock your foes with this power!!

Solo your Rival after the 8th gym to regain the ability to use Physical moves again. No more restrictions ever again.

I hadn't realised there was one, to be honest! What server?

Edit: Joined irc.synirc.net, the #scramble channel doesn't appear to be registered. >.>

Okay, QWAZ, take a Charmander as your starter.

When you start your adventure, Charmander can only use moves with a max BP of 40.
Every level you delay evolution to Charmeleon by will increase this limit by 5.
Every level you delay evolution to Charizard by will increase this limit by 5.
Every gym in which you solo all of the trainers without leaving the gym will increase your limit based on which gym:

Pewter: 10
Cerulean: 20
Vermilion: 5
Celadon: 5
Saffron: 15
Fuchisa: 15
Cinnabar: 10
Viridian (as Charmander/Charmeleon): 20
Viridian (as Charizard): 10

Evolution can be delayed by a maximum of four levels per evolution. For example you can delay evolution to Charmeleon by four levels, and evolution to Charizard by four levels, but you cannot delay evolution to Charmeleon by 6 levels. All other power increases must come from beating gym trainers.

Damn you Arcticblast, now I have to find a way to miniaturize that damn pokemon translator thing >_>

Nice update though, and I hope your real life teachers aren't like that. I know mine are :/

also, watch this, it's pretty funny even if you've never played minecraft

Chapter 7.2 of Ruby will be up by noon tomorrow, and then expect updates to slow down. I'm stuck at a specific point in the game, not because I got wiped, but because I can't grind hard enough. I looked up the pokemon of the next major battle on Bulbapedia, and suffice to say that I have to grind all of my pokemon about 3 more levels if it was a NORMAL nuzlocke. But since many of my pokemon have moveset restrictions that make them (fairly) useless early game, I probably have to grind a lot more then that.

Does anyone have tips for grinding fast in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

Ok that was pretty funny Articblast, really sounded like it was some spoiled ass 16 year old spitting it out, just hilarious in that way. I hope you're up to the task of developing that character as the adventure goes on, because once shit starts dieing I'm thinking that attitude has gotta change a bit!

@ShinySkarmory
For grinding in Ruby and Sapphire? my advice is to turn on a TV, and watch while you grind. But then you risk losing something if you're not paying attention. So you're basically screwed. This is why I don't do Scramb/Nuzlocke's :P

My update should be up sometime tomorrow, I'm most of the way through all the stuff before Elesa so it shouldn't take much longer for me to finish it. Sorry for the long delay, I've been doing a lot of other things on the site recently so I've been a little busy.

@ShinySkarmory
For grinding in Ruby and Sapphire? my advice is to turn on a TV, and watch while you grind. But then you risk losing something if you're not paying attention. So you're basically screwed. This is why I don't do Scramb/Nuzlocke's :P
Well, I knew I was in for this, as this section of the game that I'm in (I have a backlog still, so I'm actually a bit ahead of where I am in the update series) is always problematic for grinding in a NORMAL run, because the wild pokemon are nowhere near the level I need to grind to and there aren't enough trainers. But since this is a Nuzlocke, I'm expecting to lose one or two pokemon to this mandatory battle, and that's OPTIMISTIC in my opinion.

I know I just have to man up, sit down for 3 or 4 hours over the weekend, and grind my way through it. But that won't stop me from bitching about it on Smogon :)

EDIT: To support this, I was considering enacting a rule change where I am allowed to surrender (by soft resetting) as Skarm's dad advises if I'm getting my ass kicked, but at least one pokemon must die before I can, and that pokemon stays dead afterwards. But that just feels like wimping out, and I'm just going to have to deal with it and reserve my spots at Mt. Pyre. In the prose, there have been no deaths, but I can 100% guarantee that pokemon will die. It's just a fact of life, critical hits, and Selfdestructs.

I just wanted to remind everybody that there is still a spot open for reservation.
A quick reminder of the rules:
Medium-Hard difficulty
I will not trade unless it is to Evolve Pokemon
No deadweight Pokes
Minimal repetitivity/drudgery
The maximum major Solos (Gym Leader, Elite Four, etc.) is 3

A quick reminder of the team so far:
Random the Gyarados
Physical the Bulbasaur
YEAH!! the Tauros
Treadshot the Chansey
Reserved by Arceustar

I will say these two things:
1. I will start making videos of white scramble soon.
2. I'm currently sick... so you have to wait little.

Chapter 4 of my Black Scramble is up!

Sorry for the time it took to get this up, once I actually got down to it it didn't take long but I've been spending a lot of my time doing other things rather than doing my scramble. Doing these scrambles isn't exactly relaxing, even though I do enjoy doing them when I'm tired after work and stuff often I just don't feel up to doing it. But hey, you guys are used to me taking a week for an update already right? :P

Alright, that's it for now then! Enjoy!

Mwahaha, Damaged continues to impress, but not for long. ;3 That BP restriction will soon be a huge bane for your Lucario, and soloing Marshal still looms over your head. :D Not to mention that he wants to prove that he is the best Fighting type ever. >:p Excellent update. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)