Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Page 200 Scramble Awards!

Grabbing this shit.

Welcome to the Page 200 Scramble Awards! Because this is a show, and that's all we want...

I'm shinyskarmory, and I'm hosting this rather indulgent awards ceremony. Honestly, some of these categories don't even need to be categories any more, the same people win them every time. But let's get to it!

First up, we have the
Hardest Challange

award!

Asuka the Struggle Bird by TreadshotA1 for CrystalDragonX (5 votes)

Whomp the Regirock/Ice/Steel/Gigas by TreadshotA1 for Arceustar (3 votes)

Error404 the Patrat by Arceustar for Tetrinity (1 vote)

STABless the Ponyta by King Serperior for I can't remember who (1 vote)

It seemed like winning that wasn't much of a struggle for Asuka. On the other hand, CrystalDragon finishing off Bertha with a bird that can only use Struggle is probably even worse.

Next up, we have the
Most Creative Challange

award!

FourthWall the Scyther by TreadshotA1 for Its_A_Random (3 votes)

GuitarHero the Chatot by Mygavolt for MysticZap (2 votes)

Cinco the Sneasel by Tetrinity for Mygavolt (1 vote)

FatefulSix the Magnemite by luigiowns for user 18 (I think) (1 vote)

Eigen the Budews by TreadshotA1 for StallMandibuzz (1 vote)

FourthWall wishes to tell you all, including you guys looking over your friend's shoulders, that this was a really close vote.

Third, we have
Best Challange
(!)
Pop! the Drifloon by Tetrinity for I can't remember who (2 votes)

Whomp the Regirock/Ice/Steel/Gigas by TreadshotA1 for Arceustar (2 votes)

Maia the Xatu by luigiowns for I can't remember who (2 votes)

Grim the Lillipup by King Serperior for Tetrinity (2 votes)

Eigen the Budews by TreadshotA1 for StallMandibuzz (1 vote)

Ironically, the only contestant that got votes but didn't win was a challange requiring the use of multiple pokemon.

Fourth, the
Hardest Team
(To scramble with)

CrystalDragon's Platinum Team (4 votes)

The QUAZ' Ruby Team (2 votes)

EndQuote's HeartGold Solo Frenzy (2 votes)

Its_A_Random's Heartgold team (1 vote)

Oh god, good luck to that guy...and he has the hardest challange as well, the StruggleBird.

Next up, we have
Best Updates
(insert hilarious joke here)
shinyskarmory's Ruby Scramblocke (7 votes)

user 18's FireRed (1 vote)

inb4 someone accuses me of ballot stuffing when I didn't vote.

Nearing the end. This category has no reason for existence.

blah blah blah, TreadshotA1steaksauce is the cruelest scrambler, unanimously, let's move on.

The penultimate award:
Best Challange Giver
(this one was a good vote)
Tetrinity (6 votes)

King Serperior (2 votes)

For your Drifloons, your backstories, and your avatar, we salute you!

This is it. The big one. The one you've all been waiting for.

Best Scrambler
(as presented by TreeCo. 15 minutes saves you 15% or more in treehouse insurance. Note: Applicant must live in Fortree City)

i mean a really awesome one

Its_A_Random (3 votes)

shinyskarmory (2 votes)

Tetrinity (1 vote)

Well, that's it for the 7th Scramble Awards. Keep scrambling, keep getting wrecked by TreadshotA1 challanges, and stay thirsty, my friends.

Goddamn it, I keep forgetting about User 18's Pokèmon. D: alright, I'll edit now.

User 18, take Depressed the Seedot. Yes, this Seedot is related to ShinySkarmory's Seedot, and like her, Depressed has major emotional problems. With the capturing of her parents, and since Emo was caught by Skarm, Depressed is now all alone until you find her and capture her. Now, this Seedot is petrified of death, since she was the one that found her mother's charred body, so for the first Route after catching her, you cannot use her in said Route. In addition, she's afraid of being set on fire or of being eaten by birds, so she refuses to battle Fire and Flying types. To evolve into a Nuzleaf, she must solo 10 trainer-owned Pokèmon by absorbing their blows, then throwing all their rage back at them threefold. After evolving, she's still afraid of death, but she begins to open up to a friend. Pick one of your Pokèmon, and Depressed bonds to that Pokèmon. Unfortunately, her confidante dies, and Depressed becomes so distraught and overrun with pain, that she will attempt to commit suicide by Fire. Try to solo Flannery, and if she succeeds in besting her, she may evolve into a Shiftry. Now, Depressed is slowly coming to terms with the horrors of the world, and if she survives to the E4, have her solo Sidney, or barring that, have her solo Sidney's Shiftry, who is Depressed's long-lost father. Have fun. :D

Edit: Damn it, I forgot that Nuzleaf/Shiftry is Grass/Dark, but Seedot is just plain Grass. Could that mistake with overlapping types be overlooked? Can't have a Scramblocke without a Nuzleaf! :3 also, forget said Seedot's name if you want.
The bolded restriction doesn't fit with the challenge, as I will be trading in eggs and hatching them all before the game starts.

There is no type overlap: The challenges are sorted by primary type. Therefore, the type for this pokemon is Grass. If you'll notice, I have a Flygon, as well as a reservation for a Dragon-type. There's no problem with the typing here, unless someone already submitted a grass challenge and I missed it.

I also honestly don't know if I will have this pokemon by Flannery. It's not a problem, but meh. I may have to add this one to my starting team just to be safe. If I end up having issues with the challenge, I'll let you know.

The bolded restriction doesn't fit with the challenge, as I will be trading in eggs and hatching them all before the game starts.

There is no type overlap: The challenges are sorted by primary type. Therefore, the type for this pokemon is Grass. If you'll notice, I have a Flygon, as well as a reservation for a Dragon-type. There's no problem with the typing here, unless someone already submitted a grass challenge and I missed it.

I also honestly don't know if I will have this pokemon by Flannery. It's not a problem, but meh. I may have to add this one to my starting team just to be safe. If I end up having issues with the challenge, I'll let you know.
I think i'll release my reservation for the Dragon Type, not in the mood to make a scramble challange right now :(

@User18: Alright, then don't use Depressed on the first route after s/he hatches. :) It would be good if s/he was female, but if the Seedot happens to be male, that's perfectly fine too. I really hope that s/he can beat Flannery, I want to see some Shiftry on Shiftry battling, father versus son/daughter. And this Seedot is perfect for Scramblockes. ^_^ I hope the severe disadvantage against Flannery doesn't end up killing him/her. D: But should we still have the little backstory about his/her parents getting caught or killed, and Emo getting captured by Skarm?

Okay, the Scramble Awards are completed, and I tried to slip in some unnecessary jokes.

Time to do what I do best: pushing out Ruby updates at a ridiculous pace.

@User18: Alright, then don't use Depressed on the first route after s/he hatches. :) It would be good if s/he was female, but if the Seedot happens to be male, that's perfectly fine too. I really hope that s/he can beat Flannery, I want to see some Shiftry on Shiftry battling, father versus son/daughter. And this Seedot is perfect for Scramblockes. ^_^ I hope the severe disadvantage against Flannery doesn't end up killing him/her. D: But should we still have the little backstory about his/her parents getting caught or killed, and Emo getting captured by Skarm?
Keep a backstory if you like, but there isn't going to be a written update for this challenge, so no stories, or turn-by-turn battles. So there's no particular point for the story other than flavour in challenges. If you'll notice, I don't tend to take that flavour anyway, as it doesn't tend to fit nicely with the universe I've created.

Maybe factual bullet points. If I have time. I don't have time to write one story (actually, I do have some time tonight, I'll see what I can get done), let alone two.

My next storied playthrough will probably be a pure Nuzlocke, and I'd like to do a solo run of FireRed when I do eventually get my story here done.

Also, who voted for me?

I admit that I put in a vote for myself, but asked Skarm to only count it if I was tied with someone else. Did it get counted anyway, or did someone else actually think my updates were the best? :o

Congrats to everyone who did win, and here's to another hundred pages of exciting Scramble Challenge action!

As of generation 3, there are NO Pokemon with Flying as their primary type. With that knowledge, how are you going to do Flying?

As of generation 3, there are NO Pokemon with Flying as their primary type. With that knowledge, how are you going to do Flying?
Ooh, didn't think of that. Ummm, I guess whoever wants to do flying can just pick a pokemon that has flying as its secondary type.

Also, I am now opening things up for people to submit a second challenge.

I have challenges/reservations already for Fire, Water, Grass, Ground, Dark, Bug, Ice, Electric, Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Normal, Ghost.

I still need challenges for Steel, Flying, Dragon.

Post away.

I could've sworn FourthWall was a Scyther...I don't give out bloody Zubats...that's IAR's job.

User 18, I'm stealing your fighting slot because I can.

Get yourself a Makuhita. This things wants to show that just because it's head is a plastic bag and some paint (seriously, it's even tied up at the top), it can still hold is own on the battlefield. Unfortunately, plastic bags aren't known to be too durable. As such, it can never fight any Pokemon which gives HP EVs, because plastic bags aren't getting any stronger.

If Makuhita is hit by a sharp or abrasive attack/ability (like Thunder Fang or Rough Skin), then it must switch out for repairs. If you are facing a poison type, though, you must switch Makuhita in as soon as the poison type appears, to show that plastic bags have some uses. There is no obligation to solo it, just switch in once per poison Pokemon.

User18, catch yourself a Gulpin and name him Smudge.
This Gulpin manages to get his tiny hands on your Pokedex, and decides to follow it blindly.
Emerald Pokedex (Gulpin) said:
This POKéMON’s stomach fluid can even digest scrap iron. In one gulp, it can swallow something that is as large as itself.
Following this information, Smudge must switch into every Steel-type you see when he is in your party. (Unless this interferes with another solo)
One he's switched in, he realizes his disadvantage and can immediately run away.

He can evolve once he learns Swallow. He can never forget this move.
Emerald Pokedex (Swalot) said:
Its powerful stomach acid is capable of digesting almost anything. The one thing in the whole world a SWALOT can’t digest is its own stomach.
Emboldened by his evolution, Swalot continues to switch into every Steel-type you see, but he must now use at least one move against them.

Good luck!

User18, I'll take Psychic.

It'll be simple, but challenging.

Edit:

Take STAB the _____.

Choose a 2-stage psychic type. It can only know STAB moves: 2 damaging and 2 non-damaging. May not battle Gym leaders.

Solo its evolutionary lines at all times unless it conflicts with a solo. This restriction overides Gym leader restriction above.

The penultimate award:
Best Challange Giver
(this one was a good vote)
Tetrinity (6 votes)

King Serperior (2 votes)

For your Drifloons, your backstories, and your avatar, we salute you!
Aww, thanks guys :)

I think I'll live up to my reputation, in that case; user 18, I'm snagging your Rock type. ;)

Edit: user 18, take a Lileep as your Rock type.

This Lileep was one of many Root Fossils found by Ruin Maniacs in the desert of Route 111. Unfortunately, while being transported to Rustboro, one of them was dropped and became damaged, a crack running along the fossil's length. The scientists worked with the fossil regardless, doing their best to regenerate the Lileep as normal, but couldn't quite manage it.

As a result, Lileep has a few general bodily complaints, though most of them minor. There is one serious issue, though; his digestive system doesn't process food too well, often coming back up rather messily. Lileep must learn and keep Acid. If you use an item on Lileep, he must use Acid as soon as possible. And I mean as soon as possible; if you're in the middle of town and he reacts badly to an item, you'd better get the hell out of there so he doesn't throw up in front of everybody.

If Lileep is badly hurt, the damage wracking his body becomes even worse. If Lileep is in yellow HP, every other move must be Acid. If Lileep is in red HP, he may only use Acid, and if he switches out while in this state he cannot battle again until restored to full HP.

Evolving into Cradily requires energy. Energy which Lileep just won't have if the poor thing has been ill recently. To evolve, Lileep can't have used Acid at all within the last two levels, and must be in green HP at the time of levelling up.

man this guy is gross... just puking everywhere all the time ._.

Hmm. I knew it was Emerald, but apparently I was accidentally looking at the wrong generation's movepool or something, because I definitely saw Gastro Acid in there. Whoops...

Editing it now. >__>

Reserving Normal for user 18.
EDIT: Take a Ratatta. This Ratatta takes pride in its unnaturally sharp fangs (for a Ratatta), and constantly feels the need to gnaw on everything it sees, even from birth, so it must always use a fang-related move whenever it is sent into battle. Optional: If possible, breed it so it has Bite when it hatches. To prove the sharpness of its teeth (and to evolve), solo 20 Pokemon using just Bite/Hyper Fang. Suddenly, when it evolved, its fangs became brittle and fragile, so it may never use any moves that involve its teeth. The fact that it can't use its mouth for anything other than the essentials makes it start to rely on its claws far more, and thus must always know Cut. Finally, to make its claws sharper than steel, solo 5 Steel-type Pokemon with only Cut.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, I wasn't the most active user in this thread, but yeah, the Best Scrambler award, while surprising, is an honour to recieve.

Thanks for all who participated, & all who voted, & who voted for me to win the Best Scrambler award, & thanks to shinyskarmory for hosting. The Scramble Awards: see you all on page 300!

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

User 18, I'll take your Ghost slot.

Catch yourself a Shuppet. This Shuppet, however, thinks it is just a Rotom with a Reaper cloth thrown over it. As such, it is only allowed to use moves that are in Rotom's movepool, and must know at least one electric move. On the matter of evolution, this Shuppet has always been a fan (haha) of Spin-Rotom, so Shuppet must solo Fortree Gym (including Winona) to prove its worth as a flying type before evolving. Immediately after evolving, Shuppet must learn what it thinks is its signature move, Thunder, and replace whatever electric move it had before. If this means holding off on Fortree Gym until you get to Lilycove, do it.

Good Luck!

Come on bro, i already told you the first time that the answer to that question was always going to be 'no', and that's coming from the guy who has an extra 'h' in his username every time someone posts it due to him complaining about it before.

Just accept it QAURTS, it's never going to be spelled right.

[/the word of THreadshot A1]

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)