Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Take Wiggle the Bellsprout. Wiggle may not be a higher level than whatever Pokemon the Gym leader has upon starting the gym leader battle. Wiggle may not evolve into Weepinbell until it learns 2 TM moves. It may not evolve into Victreebell until you learn Razor Leaf.

ALSO: You may not choose Cyndaquil as your starter.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Damn, sorry Arctic, I meant to put I don't want restrictions like that. The reason being is that I can't really stop it happening... I was thinking more along the lines of having to always use scratch except on ghosts or something! XD So sorry, but I have to decline this one. Anything else is good though! XD
Edit: I've edited this in, also I will not grind unless absolutely necessary. Ok?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Someone else can get Wiggle then :( I'll try something else then.

Take Brad the male Hoothoot. Upon learning its first Special move, Hoothoot becomes a celebrity! He can only use Special moves. He must learn Heat Wave because everyone thinks he's hot. He may never use Flying moves though - he might be a hot celebrity but he isn't very fly! He can learn Fly but not use it in battle.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Sorry celever...lemme make it up to you with a Challange.

Take Builder the Machop.

He is jealous of the Timburr line and their construction-themed weaponry. So he wants to make his own!

He needs four ingredients: granite, mud, water, and heat. Only then can he make his own personal concrete slab of DOOM.

In order to get his granite, he needs to mash some Rocks. As such, he needs to solo ten Rock-type Pokemon using only Karate Chop.

For his mud, he needs to mash the ground. He must solo ten Ground-types using only Low Kick.

For his heat and water, he needs to absorb their energy. So he has to use Focus Energy while being hit by a Water-type attack five times. Same thing for Fire-type attacks.

For his first two restrictions, if a Pokemon is both types, it only counts as one, depending on which move you use.

Only then can he evolve into Machoke.

Whether or not he evolves, he must solo Bruno to prove he is truly the burliest. Oh, and he cannot evolve into Machamp. Or hold an item. Because he has his concrete slab of DOOM.

gl hf

Celever

i am town
Thanks Ullar! Kong the Aipom doesn't totally forgive you yet, but I do! First scramble update will be up shortly.
And sorry level 51, there was no point in accepting reservations because with 2 pokemon it's gonna fill up quick.

I swear I've never seen a HGSS scramble that doesn't have a Hoothoot.

Anyway I've finally beaten Clair and I managed to solo her with Fang.

Basically I've just spent the last two days grinding inbetween whatever else I've been up to at work. It's been long and it's been hard because I only seem to get phone calls from Ralph the fisher talking about his Goldeen, never any rematches. In the end I found that I could grind Wannabe, Sleepy and Fang just before Ice Path against Weepinbell, Tangela and Bellsprout fairly effectively and Sunshine, ... and Bottoms Up just south of Blackthorn City against all the Graveler. During this grinding stint ... finally evolved! And she got her secondary evolution count up pretty high as well. Nothing of note happens between Mahogany Town and Blackthorn City really - Ice Path is easy and dull. Oh, I had to evolve my HM Rattata so I had something with Strength. That happened.

Onto the battle with Clair then! The fact that she sends out Gyarados first is immediately a hindrance as Fang potentially has to sit there with the attack drop for the rest of the battle. That in mind, I bought an X Attack and plenty of Hyper Potions. It took many a Poison Fang to take her pokémon down, and I took Thunder Wave twice from each Dragonair. I was quite impressed with how well Fang was tanking the hits, including Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump from her Kingdra. I was lucky and poisoned Gyarados and Kingdra, which always confuses AI players and prevents them from using their items properly: she never used her healing potion on Kingdra, and let it die to poison after a few hits.

So yeah soloed Clair with Fang and now she can learn another move but I'm not sure what to give her! Suggestions?

Here's the team:

... the Bayleef [F]

Level 40, Lonely @ Everstone
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Light Screen
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

Still at the bottom of a pile that hasn't changed much due to the fact that all anyone but Fang has done is beat pokémon that their moves are supereffective against. So yeah, well done Bayleef, you can knock level 23 Gravelers out with Magical Leaf. Shame you still can't OHKO a level 22 Gligar. She switched into a few things while grinding and did her job as a buffer, and that's how she managed to evolve and do the poisonpowder thing.

Switch in and win count 15/15
Defeat with poison only count 8/10

Sleepy the Noctowl [F]

Level 44, Bold
Keen Eye @ Quick Claw

-Air Slash
-Extrasensory
-Rest
-Hypnosis

Her moveset has vastly improved. I realised I could get Rest from the guy you deliver Spearow to, but we're still waiting till level 57 for her to get Dream Eater and complete her challenge moveset. That'll probably happen somewhee in Kanto. She was good at OKHOing Tangela, Weepinbell and Bellsprout.

Sunshine the Sunflora [F]

Level 43, Careful @ Miracle Seed
Solar Power

-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Petal Dance
-SolarBeam

Her moveset is starting to take shape. Sunny Day was a hassle when she was grinding as it took longer to get her up to level 43 than the others, due to the drop in HP from Solar Power, but it doesn't matter much. It has great synergy with SolarBeam, obviously. Petal Dance is there as filler, dunno if I'll replace it. She's fallen one place but that's only because I could hardly deny Fang third place after soloing Clair.

Fang the Crobat [F]

Level 45, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Bite
-Leech Life
-Fly

-Poison Fang

Poison Fang is brilliant on her, with toxic poison as a side effect and her speed. This move put Clair on her knees, baffling her as she forgot how to use items. Was good against her, and now I need to think of a move to repalce Leech Life. I'd honestly rather keep Fly as an unusable move than keep Leech Life as a usable one.

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 43, Jolly
Swarm

-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Double Team
-Pursuit

Not sure if she'll start to struggle soon or not. U-Turn is 70BP, which is annoying: for some reason I had it in my mind that it was 60 and that she'd be able to use it but I suppose that would be overpowered on Technician variants. Maybe there's a move out there that's eluding me, but I don't think so. She should be able to solo Koga. She's fast, has a good attack stat and is surprisingly versatile despite the Flying/Normal/Dark coverage being poor.

Bottoms Up the Corsola [F]

Level 44, Bold
Natural Cure

-Surf
-Recover
-Aqua Ring
-AncientPower

I'm hoping to flip heads when she tries to learn Power Gem. If that happens she'll be my MVP the whole way through the run. Nice defences and special walls don't really exist in-game. Recover and Aqua Ring work well to keep her in the game.

Off to the Elite Four!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Started my Diamond Scramble...I chose Piplup because I didn't want Random to be massacred lol.

Will post again once I've beaten Roark.

Oh, and look out for my BONUS SECRET SCRAMBLE OF AWESOMENESS that I'm doing alongside this...what could it be???

I swear I've never seen a HGSS scramble that doesn't have a Hoothoot.

Anyway I've finally beaten Clair and I managed to solo her with Fang.

Basically I've just spent the last two days grinding inbetween whatever else I've been up to at work. It's been long and it's been hard because I only seem to get phone calls from Ralph the fisher talking about his Goldeen, never any rematches. In the end I found that I could grind Wannabe, Sleepy and Fang just before Ice Path against Weepinbell, Tangela and Bellsprout fairly effectively and Sunshine, ... and Bottoms Up just south of Blackthorn City against all the Graveler. During this grinding stint ... finally evolved! And she got her secondary evolution count up pretty high as well. Nothing of note happens between Mahogany Town and Blackthorn City really - Ice Path is easy and dull. Oh, I had to evolve my HM Rattata so I had something with Strength. That happened.

Onto the battle with Clair then! The fact that she sends out Gyarados first is immediately a hindrance as Fang potentially has to sit there with the attack drop for the rest of the battle. That in mind, I bought an X Attack and plenty of Hyper Potions. It took many a Poison Fang to take her pokémon down, and I took Thunder Wave twice from each Dragonair. I was quite impressed with how well Fang was tanking the hits, including Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump from her Kingdra. I was lucky and poisoned Gyarados and Kingdra, which always confuses AI players and prevents them from using their items properly: she never used her healing potion on Kingdra, and let it die to poison after a few hits.

So yeah soloed Clair with Fang and now she can learn another move but I'm not sure what to give her! Suggestions?

Here's the team:

... the Bayleef [F]

Level 40, Lonely @ Everstone
Overgrow

-Magical Leaf
-Light Screen
-Synthesis
-Poisonpowder

Still at the bottom of a pile that hasn't changed much due to the fact that all anyone but Fang has done is beat pokémon that their moves are supereffective against. So yeah, well done Bayleef, you can knock level 23 Gravelers out with Magical Leaf. Shame you still can't OHKO a level 22 Gligar. She switched into a few things while grinding and did her job as a buffer, and that's how she managed to evolve and do the poisonpowder thing.

Switch in and win count 15/15
Defeat with poison only count 8/10

Sleepy the Noctowl [F]

Level 44, Bold
Keen Eye @ Quick Claw

-Air Slash
-Extrasensory
-Rest
-Hypnosis

Her moveset has vastly improved. I realised I could get Rest from the guy you deliver Spearow to, but we're still waiting till level 57 for her to get Dream Eater and complete her challenge moveset. That'll probably happen somewhee in Kanto. She was good at OKHOing Tangela, Weepinbell and Bellsprout.

Sunshine the Sunflora [F]

Level 43, Careful @ Miracle Seed
Solar Power

-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Petal Dance
-SolarBeam

Her moveset is starting to take shape. Sunny Day was a hassle when she was grinding as it took longer to get her up to level 43 than the others, due to the drop in HP from Solar Power, but it doesn't matter much. It has great synergy with SolarBeam, obviously. Petal Dance is there as filler, dunno if I'll replace it. She's fallen one place but that's only because I could hardly deny Fang third place after soloing Clair.

Fang the Crobat [F]

Level 45, Hasty
Inner Focus

-Bite
-Leech Life
-Fly

-Poison Fang

Poison Fang is brilliant on her, with toxic poison as a side effect and her speed. This move put Clair on her knees, baffling her as she forgot how to use items. Was good against her, and now I need to think of a move to repalce Leech Life. I'd honestly rather keep Fly as an unusable move than keep Leech Life as a usable one.

Wannabe the Scyther [F]

Level 43, Jolly
Swarm

-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Double Team
-Pursuit

Not sure if she'll start to struggle soon or not. U-Turn is 70BP, which is annoying: for some reason I had it in my mind that it was 60 and that she'd be able to use it but I suppose that would be overpowered on Technician variants. Maybe there's a move out there that's eluding me, but I don't think so. She should be able to solo Koga. She's fast, has a good attack stat and is surprisingly versatile despite the Flying/Normal/Dark coverage being poor.

Bottoms Up the Corsola [F]

Level 44, Bold
Natural Cure

-Surf
-Recover
-Aqua Ring
-AncientPower

I'm hoping to flip heads when she tries to learn Power Gem. If that happens she'll be my MVP the whole way through the run. Nice defences and special walls don't really exist in-game. Recover and Aqua Ring work well to keep her in the game.

Off to the Elite Four!
You see? Fang does have its uses!! As for move sugestions, I'd go with X-Scissor vs Psychics. Its also a good move, though it clashes with Bite. Perhaps Air Slash to abuse the 30% Flinch?

Started my Diamond Scramble...I chose Piplup because I didn't want Random to be massacred lol.

Will post again once I've beaten Roark.

Oh, and look out for my BONUS SECRET SCRAMBLE OF AWESOMENESS that I'm doing alongside this...what could it be???
Hahaha, I forgot about Monferno/Infernape :P
Still, lets see how Random does.
Also, for your Bonus Scramble, expect something from me if I manage to get here in time!!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Eh wth, might as well release the details about the OTHER Scramble I'm doing now.

I have wandered this Treehollow...in search of my destiny.

I have all the techniques required, but I need...help.

None can achieve their destiny alone.

I must take the elevator back up. And find...

An Apprentice.

Basically, Level Up was going to solo all of White Treehollow to truly find his destiny. But he can't do it alone. He needs the help of an apprentice! That's where you guys come in. You guys will submit 6 LC-legal (yes I'm keeping the banlist in mind) Pokemon for Level Up to team up with. I will use RNG to select one of them, though I must have approved it beforehand. This Pokemon will start out at LV 55, and all the rules for my old White Treehollow Scramble apply. Just add these five:

-I will not accept any Pokemon from a line that are in a Scramble I have completed and/or am currently performing.
-NO RIOLUS DAMMIT I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE CLICHE
-Level Up will always be holding an Amulet Coin, and his apprentice will always be holding an Everstone.
-Level Up must solo all of the Boss Trainers. Failure to do so will result in having to do the Area over.
-Present is disallowed from submitting an Apprentice. Simply because this a Bonus Scramble revolving around his Scramblemon. Sorrybroh. :3

Send in your applications!
Obviously reserving Chance the Togepi!!

Chance loves to push his luck with everything it does, whether he needs to or not. As such, boost his luck with Serene Grace. Now, Chance will be required to know 4 luck based techniques. Bet you can't guess what one will be?

1). METRONOME!!! (Note that this move must be used first when possible.)
2). Ancientpower
3). Hidden Power (You cannot pre-check its typing. Find out for yourself in the Hollow)
4). Thunder Wave

Now, because it thinks that Janitors take no chances, Chance must solo them when possible.

Good Luck!!
Area 1
Areas 2-3
Areas 4-5
Areas 6-7

No hard feeling, mah Warlord. Besides, you are using Level Up anyway, so that is already enough for me to be happy. I am just hoping that you will really get a complementary challenge to work with, so that they really interact.

Oh and Jangrafess, I still have mixed feelings about my Bayleef being LVP. You did ask for difficult, so you got it. So I think I just have to accept the consequence of it sucking so much. It will have its revenge in solo"ing an elite, though, so I am not worrying that much. Keep us informed.

Shyguy, it could be nice if you posted your team in your updates, so we can keep track on how the individual pokemon are doing. Otherwise, a good job so far.

On the topic of my ongoing scramble, I will not be able to update in quite a while. I have an important testweek coming up, so I'll be devoting most of my time there. Don't worry, I will continue it as soon as school allows me to have some more free time.

Eh wth, might as well release the details about the OTHER Scramble I'm doing now.

I have wandered this Treehollow...in search of my destiny.

I have all the techniques required, but I need...help.

None can achieve their destiny alone.

I must take the elevator back up. And find...

An Apprentice.

Basically, Level Up was going to solo all of White Treehollow to truly find his destiny. But he can't do it alone. He needs the help of an apprentice! That's where you guys come in. You guys will submit 6 LC-legal (yes I'm keeping the banlist in mind) Pokemon for Level Up to team up with. I will use RNG to select one of them, though I must have approved it beforehand. This Pokemon will start out at LV 55, and all the rules for my old White Treehollow Scramble apply. Just add these five:

-I will not accept any Pokemon from a line that are in a Scramble I have completed and/or am currently performing.
-NO RIOLUS DAMMIT I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE CLICHE
-Level Up will always be holding an Amulet Coin, and his apprentice will always be holding an Everstone.
-Level Up must solo all of the Boss Trainers. Failure to do so will result in having to do the Area over.
-Present is disallowed from submitting an Apprentice. Simply because this a Bonus Scramble revolving around his Scramblemon. Sorrybroh. :3

Send in your applications! Oh, and for reference, here's Level Up as he currently stands atm:

Level Up the Lucario
Level 89
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
Item: Amulet Coin
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere

Obviously reserving Chance the Togepi!!

Chance loves to push his luck with everything it does, whether he needs to or not. As such, boost his luck with Serene Grace. Now, Chance will be required to know 4 luck based techniques. Bet you can't guess what one will be?

1). METRONOME!!! (Note that this move must be used first when possible.)
2). Ancientpower
3). Hidden Power (You cannot pre-check its typing. Find out for yourself in the Hollow)
4). Thunder Wave

Now, because it thinks that Rich kids and old people take no chances, Chance must solo them when possible. Vetrans also leave Chance PO'd, so solo at least one mon with them.

Good Luck!!

Celever

i am town
Ullar, is that 6 pokemon altogether or 6 pokemon each? Because if it's 6 pokemon altogether then it's a bit pointless using a generator to not use 1 of them... Anyway, for 1 pokemon, take.....
Kong the Aipom! I've been wanting to use Aipom for AGES so, here (s)he is!
Now, Kong is a giant fan of super smash brothers! Especially diddy kong and his diverse special attacks! So Kong the Aipom wants to base his/er pokemon attacks on it!
Neutral B, popgun shot:
Smash: Diddy shoots a peanut from his popgun and it travels across the stage.
Pokemon: Any special attack that doesn't make contact, so:
Swift
Thunderbolt
Thunder
NOT Solarbeam - you'll find out why later
Shadow ball
Round
NOT dream eater, because of comic strips showing it making contact! XD
NOT Grass knot, since in-game it makes contact.

Down B, banana peel:
Smash: Diddy drops a banana peel behind him laying a trap for his opponents.
Pokemon: A status or hazard move, so,:
toxic
taunt
thunder wave
swagger

Side B, monkey grab:
Smash: Diddy leaps onto his opponent and latches on while hitting it multiple times
Pokemon: Any move that involves long contact with the opponent (in my imagination) or that hits multiple times. So:
Scratch
Tickle
Fury swipes
Double hit
Rock smash
U-turn
Brick break

Up B, barrel blast:
Smash: you charge and shoot into the air.
Pokemon: The only attack I see viable is solar beam. So...
Final smash: Umm... Nope; none are viable.

How about this: Kong the Aipom loves playing as Donkey kong too! So he wqants his last attack based DK's final smash!

Final smash, Donkeeeeeey konga - OOH! (Just play the intro to the game donkey konga, I don't want to look this names up!)
Smash: DK hits the bongos releasing sound-waves across the field.
Pokemon: Any attacks that involve hitting or making noise, so:
Scratch
Tickle
Fury swipes
Screech
Double hit
Hone claws
Brick break
Aerial ace
Round
Shadow claw
Rock smash
Cut
Strength

Hope you enjoy! Since this is LC I don't think Kong is going to evolve, if he will though then I'll put in more sets for Ambi! :D

Edit: By the way, I can't find blummin' heartgold! I will do the scramble when I find it, so I ask of your patience.
Edit 2: Found it! :D I'll take the approach of others, minimal writing and one update per gym, starting now! (Manage the pre-game stuff - just about, anyway.)
Edit 3: Actually, too tired to bother with all the pre-game shit so I'll do it tomorrow. I wish you could turn it off, or at least skip the catching tutorial or something, like having this real:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
@celever: I RNG to find out which of the six Pokemon I approved that I'm going to use.

Oh, and I approve you and KS. gl, would be fun to have either of your submissions!

EDIT: Oh, and KS...none of the trainer classes you mentioned are in the Treehollow, except as Bosses, which Level Up must solo. I'll just let Chance solo all the Janitors he can find.

Here, take Lily the petlil!

Lily is a loving, kind petlil. She does not like hurting foes that much. (All moves will base 85 or more power are banned, and so Is giga drain) This petlil also wants to prove itself. Have it solo a strong (No cyndaquils) fire, flying, and ice type. Petlil loves powder, so all the powder moves are allowed. She thinks foes are much cuter when asleep. She also likes races, so a +spe nature.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Here, take Lily the petlil!

Lily is a loving, kind petlil. She does not like hurting foes that much. (All moves will base 85 or more power are banned, and so Is giga drain) This petlil also wants to prove itself. Have it solo a strong (No cyndaquils) fire, flying, and ice type. Petlil loves powder, so all the powder moves are allowed. She thinks foes are much cuter when asleep. She also likes races, so a +spe nature.
Eh...sorry, but I'll have to reject this one. It's too vague on 'strong' Pokemon, only the Chansey line is fair game anyway, and it can't do much damage. Keep in mind this is a two-Pokemon run, however high-leveled the other one is.

@Ullar take a Slowpoke. This Slowpoke is sick and tired of being made fun of because s/he's slow. S/he's actually rather smart, umnlike most Slowpokes. S/he must use hers/his intellect and strategy to win. S/he must know:
- One status move
- One special attacking move
- One move with a secondary effect
- One move of your choice
- They all must be different types, and if one move fits under two categories, pick one for it.

S/he must solo every single Psychic-type (minus the Boss trainer), because they're considered as the smartest type (minus Slowpoke). GL;HF! I hope you roll her/him!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
@Ullar take a Slowpoke. This Slowpoke is sick and tired of being made fun of because s/he's slow. S/he's actually rather smart, umnlike most Slowpokes. S/he must use hers/his intellect and strategy to win. S/he must know:
- One status move
- One special attacking move
- One move with a secondary effect
- One move of your choice
- They all must be different types, and if one move fits under two categories, pick one for it.

S/he must solo every single Psychic-type (minus the Boss trainer), because they're considered as the smartest type (minus Slowpoke). GL;HF! I hope you roll her/him!
I like it; but according to my rules, only the Chansey line is fair game for soloing. If you changed it to a Trainer class or removed it altogether, however, that would be fine.

Thanks for the compliments and advice everyone. Updates might start occurring less frequently though as finals are coming up.

As for Hulk, he is very strong but I can't use him to often as he only has one useable move that has 5pp. I would use him in gym battles all the time if I could, but he is handy in dispatching trainers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)