Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

DM's Platinum Scamble Update 1

Well, I've successfully defeated Roark, so I figured it was about time for an update (fyi I'll be updating after each Gym Battle).
As I started off this challenge, I thought to myself, "Hey, this isn't so hard!" Now, after my first badge...
...nope.
After completing all that pre-1st-'mon crap, I traded over Squirtle and Pacific, as one would expect. Squirtle quickly became my MVP, killing nearly everything and helping train up Rage and HmSlave. Rage was owning crap like no one's business, being that everything uses Tackle and thus Bide does a ton of damage.
Things quickly got worse.
Unfortunately, I neglected to remember that traded Pokemon, after Lv. 10, will disobey you prior to your 1st badge. I'd done a ton of grinding with Squirtle for my fight with Barry, only to find that it disobeyed me during my time of crisis...(And I'd decided to be an idiot and box everyone else so I wouldn't be tempted to break the laws of the Scramble)
As Barry decided to be a douche and have Turtwig only use Withdraw, I was stuck using the weak crap known as Bubble against the freakin' Grass-type. Eventually, the torture ended when Turtwig critted Squirtle...
...twice...
...during two different matches against him.
After forever, I beat the kid, but my super-beefed up MVP was practically useless. So I had to train up HmSlave (The only halfway decent 'mon on the team at this point) to take his place. Now Rage had become crap since everything else gets more variation in their moves meaning they use status moves more often. Pacific was nearly useless since its only attacking option was Wrap.
So I got to Oreburgh, and realized that my disobedient teen Squirtle was my only shot against Roark. I figured, "Hey, once he's evolved, he'll beat the crap out of that guy!"
I never remembered that it couldn't evolve until the evolution animation.
...crap.
I did eventually beat Roark, but it took two shots. I tried using HmSlave, since it knew Rock Smash, but that failed miserably, but in the end, it was luck with Squirtle that saved me.
I'm just hoping the rest of the challenge won't be so...challenging.

Squirtle the Male Squirtle (Lv. 17)

Torrent
Mild
Caught at: Lv. 6
-Tackle
-Bite
-Bubble
-Water Gun
Completed Objectives:
-Never evolve

Rage the Male Kricketune (Lv. 13)

Swarm
Naughty
Caught at: Lv. 4
-Growl
-Bide
Completed Objectives:
-Solo 10 different trainers as a Kricketot to evolve

HmSlave the Female Bidoof (Lv. 12) @ Quick Claw

Unaware
Relaxed
Caught at: Lv. 3
-Tackle
-Growl
-Rock Smash
-Defense Curl
Completed Objectives:
-Learn HMs ASAP (1/4)

Teleport the Male Abra (Lv. 12)

Inner Focus
Lonely
Caught at: Lv. 4
-Teleport
Completed Objectives:
(None)

Pacific the Male Dratini (Lv. 10)

Shed Skin
Brave
Caught at: Lv. 6
-Wrap
-Leer
-Thunder Wave
Completed Objectives:
(None)

I'll try to get up the next update ASAP, but I haven't done anything new yet, so it might be a while.

I just thought about something. For my Starly, what is Return's base power? The site lists its power as 1, so unless I'm told otherwise I'll go with that.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Return's base power increases with happiness. At max happiness it is a base power of 102 (I think).

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Diamond Scramble: Part 1

Diamond Scramble:
So Is tarted my Pokemon journey today.

Yup. Was ambushed by Starly and randomly grabbed a Poke Ball out of this old dude's suitcase. Turned out to be a Piplup.

Later on, the old dude gave it to me as a gift, but it didn't feel 'right', ya know? I wanted my first Pokemon to be one I caught with my own...uh...determination?

Anyway, when I saw this one Budew, I...made a connection.

Well, to be more accurate, I took pity on it.

It was mentally retarded. So I didn't nickname it anything that would confuse it...Bud would do.

Then I exited Jubilife to the left

And there was this dude that was like

"DUDE FISHING IS EFFIN' AWESOME WANT A FISHING ROD THAT'S A PIECE OF CRAP"

To which I replied with a meek

"HELL YEAH ASNFDBAIFOABFIBOFS"

And so I caught Magical the Magikarp. I know, I'm not very good with my nicknames.

Anyway, I caught up with my best bud, Barry, as I exited Jubilife in the other direction. He got a Pokemon from the crazy old man too, which he decided to keep. It was a Turtwig. He had also caught a Starly. My Budew, after several Growths on my part, and several Growls on his (seriously, wth is he thinking), along with a bit of Poison Point, I KO'd the Starly. But then Turtwig came. It promptly critted with a Tackle, leaving poor Magical to fend for herself. Fortunately, Poison Point activated just before his fall. And I had like 10 Potions.

STALLKARP FTW

Anyway, I went to take on the Gym leader, who folded. Especially after Bud learned Mega Drain.

And that's about all I have to tell.

Bud the Budew
LV 14
Mild Nature
Ability: Poison Point
Item: Quick Claw
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore
Comments: MVP by default, seeing as my other teammate is a Magikarp...but he did do awesome against Roark, so props for that. Especially learning Mega Drain midbattle. Also, Poison Point hax ftw.

LV 8
??? Nature (Never bothered to check)
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: N/A
-Splash
Comments: It's a fucking MAgikarp who has to Splash at least once every time he's sent out, whaddya THINK I'm going to say?

Alright everyone, I have great, breaking news!

Episode 1 of my Hard Emerald Scramble is out and up on Youtube!

Link here.
If you want more details on the scramble click on the relevant link in my signature!

Man this ended up taking a LOOOONG time to put out. Seemed like I was plagued by trouble at every turn. But I finally managed to get it all working and put it all together today, resulting in what I think is decent first video in the series. There's a few things I intend to improve in the next video, but I'm still getting used to the software (and also adjusting to the new, cut heavy style I'm using) so please excuse any hiccups. Hopefully the videos will improve with every new one I put out. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but do try to be nice!

I intend to keep a more or less weekly schedule, so expect to see the next episode out around this time next week. And don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you want to make sure you don't miss any installments!

And of course, thanks everyone for waiting so patiently while I worked out all the technical issues I had to deal with! I'm lucky to have people like you for my audience.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for Bard of Rage ~(^.^)~

Funny thing about me, I always try to make Challanges harder by disallowing STAB. And it gets kinda boring.

So, take STABartist the Carnivine.

Your restrictions are:

STABartist can only use STAB moves.
STABartist must solo an Elite Four of its choice.

Oh, and because I want to win something at the Scramble Awards:

STABartist is literally a stereotypical "starving artist". So, it is extremely hungry and must always hold a berry. In addition, its malnutrition has left it weak and unable to process data stored in TMs and HMs. So, it can only use level-up moves.

GL;HF >:)

Bard of Rage, then you better not use return.
Starly's come with a high base happiness, and happiness increases really fast over time. So just keep it at 102, it will be too high a base power at your level anyway. You will reach max happiness around level 20, which is way too low for a base 102 move.

So no return for starly this time around.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Level Up's Destiny: Area 1

My Apprentice, Chance, appears eager to begin his Challenge: the conquest of White Treehollow.

However, he seems to not exactly be taking the task seriously.

I say this because in our first battle, when he used Metronome for the first time, he merely lept on the Shellder and attempted to Leech the Life out of it.

Needless to say, the lack of teeth makes that an ineffective ploy. However, he overcame the Shellder, and eventually the Seedot, though it was a struggle. Not literally, of course. He didn't use Struggle.

In any case, we were directed to the South, where we saw...a Breeder? How strange...it turned out this Breeder was the Gate Trainer. To quote a commonly used human phrase, dafuq?

What on earth gave a Breeder Gate Trainer status, when he used just a Blissey and Happiny?

Tragically, Chance fainted to a Mud Bomb (???) from the Blissey. So I stepped in and wiped the team.

There was a Nurse in the next room, as well as the door to the Boss Trainer. I wanted Chance to learn from watching my struggle with the Boss, so I ravaged the Nurse's team, and got her to heal the both of us.

And now the moment of truth had come.

My first true obstacle.

Watchog: CLOSE COMABT
Golett: DRAGON PULSE
Whirlipede: EXTREMESPEED

And it was over.

We took shelter for the night, and prepared for our next venture.

Chance the Togepi
Level 56
Quirky Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Everstone
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (???)
-Metronome
-Ancientpower
Comments: Somewhat useless. This fella's gonna be a challenge to raise, that's for sure. At least he can paralyze.

Level Up the Lucario
Level 90
Jolly Nature
Ability: Justified
Item: Amulet Coin
-Close Combat
-Dragon Pulse
-ExtremeSpeed
-Aura Sphere
Comments: Do I really need to post this?

UllarWarlord, keep it up! Both your Diamond and the White Tree Hollow!

You too, Jimera, with your Emerald scramble! I just now subscribed to you on YouTube!

KS, take whatever you meet on Route 30 and name it after me.

I've not posted for a while because I'm dreading the next bit of my Scramble. I got through the E4 and now I'm meant to be facing the Champion but I've messed up a little bit. I had to solo two of the members with Scyther, and I intended for them to be Koga and Bruno. Koga wasn't a problem but Bruno's Onix was a step too far. I'd do about 3% damage with Wing Attack and then it would OHKO me with Rock Slide. So I had to give up on the Bruno solo and solo Karen instead, who I was planning on soloing with Meganium. So I did that, although her Houndoom presented a few problems.

Now I have to solo Lance with an underlevelled Meganium. Level 47. With Magical Leaf and Poisonpowder. Against three Dragonites. I'm terrified.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
ugh what is WITH this thread, no activity for 13 hours between Pika's and Jang's posts :|

You guys need to win something at the Page 300s? Fine.

Accepting Challanges for a Scramblet! n_n

::RULES::
~~ Black version
~~ TA1 Difficulty, just no tedium (e.g. here, see Matilda the Venipede)
~~ Trading only to evolve.
~~ Starter necessary.
~~ 6 Pokemon, 3 Gauntlets.
~~ I reserve the right to reject challanges I deem inappropriate (as usual)

Pokemon thus far:
[1] Slot reserved for Its_A_Random (creator of the thread .‿.) ~
@ Level 51: You get AFK the Panpour.

Naturally, when you started looking for challenges, I was AFK & unaware that you were asking for a challenge. As a result, from the moment you get it, which must be before you hit the Skyarrow Bridge, you must box AFK immediately, because something came up in his life, & that is where it will stay. For the rest of the Scramble...Oh wait, before you know it, AFK finally realised it missed so much, & it is kicking itself, wanting to get a piece of the action. From that point, you must take AFK out of the PC, & you have one hour (Real Time). You may only use AFK in that hour, & at the end of it, you must promptly go to N's Castle. You must solo all other Pokemon that you do not have to solo against N & Ghetsis with AFK, with a forced reboot for each failure.

Have fun.
[2] Slot reserved for Treadshot A1 ~
Level 51, take Sileneut the Tympole.

Whenever Sileneut is sent out, excluding when it leads, it must use attacks which are not of its typing (i.e. No STAB & no other moves of your type). If it does lead, Sileneut may use whatever moves it likes, but only until it switches out. When it switches back in, it invokes the "No moves of your own type" rule.

Catch Sileneut outside Pinwheel Forest.

When Sileneut evolves for the first time, release it or box it can catch yourself a Pidove/Tranquill (not Unfezant, though). Call it Sileneutra. The previous "No moves of your own type" rule still holds. Sileneutra cannot use non-damaging moves of any kind and must have these moves replaced by damaging moves asap (TM, HM, Level-up, whatever). Solo Elesa's entire gym, because no one likes her anyways. You may not use any healing items in the gym, and must complete it in one go (no going out to the Pokemon Center or using the PC). No death foddering other pokemon either. Oh, and you must faint each Emolga you see in 3 hits or less (misses don't count).

When Sileneutra evolves again, release it and catch yourself a Roggenrola/Boldore (Gigalith isn't available in the wild iirc). Call it Silenevil. Do not use this pokemon in battle, do not heal it after catching it (yes, that means no Pokemon Center at all once Silenevil is caught), do not let it gain EXP in any way. You must catch Silenevil before you reach Iccirus City, it must be of a lower level than Sileneutra's level post-evolution (so if you end up with a level 36 Unfezant, then Silenevil must be 36 or below). You may delay Sileneutra's evolution as long as you like, but be aware the highest level of Boldore available in the wild is in Victory Road.

Solo an E4 member with Silenevil with no healing items, no death foddering, no PP-restoring items, no held item. If you fail, reboot your system and try again. You are not permitted to blackout and try again, you must reset your machine and try again (thereby not getting any extra exp from failed solo attempts).

You may teach Silenevil whatever TM's/HM's/Tutor moves as you like.

NOTE: The gauntlet is part of the challenge, as you cannot use the Pokemon Center after Silenevil's capture.

NOTE: Even if you run out of Gauntlet slots, deal with it. It's part of Silenevil's challenge, NO POKEMON CENTERS ONCE SILENEVIL IS CAUGHT.
[3] Slot reserved for King Serperior (greatest number of posts o_o) ~
Tetrinity, Level 51, here is Grim the Lilipup!!!
Level 51, I'll give you Area 51, the Elgyem. Elgyem is nostalgic for outer space and its home planet: a world on which it could learn eight moves at a time. To replicate this, every time you challenge a gym, you have to dramatically change Elgyem's moveset. These can be TMs, via move relearners or whatever else. If this isn't possible you have to leave Elgyem in your box along with two other pokémon from your team for the duration of that gym. You can learn these moves by level up between gyms as well. It can't relearn a TM that it had up to three gyms ago. So if you challenge the eighth gym, you can teach it a move that it had at gym five, for example.

The only other restriction is that you have to keep Miracle Eye at all times (so changing two other moves) and use it on each of Grimsley's pokémon. You don't have to solo them though.

Edit: Ok so mine was way too easy compared to the other ones you're getting. I'll add the following:

You can't evolve into Beheeyem.
You have to solo Ghetsis' Hydreigon without supereffective moves.
You can only heal Elgyem with Potions, nothing better. (Pokémon Centre is allowed until Treadshot's challenge makes it impossible.)
[5]
I'll reserve for level 51

Catch Special the Female Drilbur at Wellspring Cave. As soon as you catch Special you realize one thing. It looks incredibly weak. And indeed, your intuition seems to be correct. In fact, it is a really weak Drilbur. It cannot physically attack an opponent and is rather clumsy, so it can only use special attacks. (Yes, it will be able to learn exactly four moves!) It cannot use non-damaging or physical attacks, and must be learned the four moves she can learn as soon as possible
Level 51, you get Blissey the first Audino you find in the Dreamyard, immediately after receiving the first badge. When you catch it, immediately save your game, and look at the minutes on your save. The ones digit tells you how many levels Blissey can level until the next gym is defeated. When you defeat a Gym Leader, immediately save, look at the minutes again, and again that tells you how many levels Blissey can gain until the next gym. After getting all eight gym badges, Blissey can level up an unlimited number of times.

For example:

You catch it, save, save time reads 1:13, you can level Blissey 3 levels. You defeat Brycen in the Icirrus Gym, you save, and your save file reads 5:27, you can level Blissey 7 levels.

Good luck!
Gauntlet challenges thus far:
[1] Slot reserved for Jimera0 (creator of the Gauntlet .‿.) ~
Level 51, a gauntlet for your challange will be to throw out 10 of the highest level Pokeball you can buy every time you use a Pokemon Center or a healing character. This includes story related healings (except for when you do the double battle bits where you get healed after every battle. Actually, pay 10 pokeballs once the section is done). Good luck, and watch that cash!

[2]
Each route you may pass through a maximum of 5 times. Each trainer you may fight 3 times unless you lose to them. Each PC may be used a maximum of 3 times. You may not fight a gym leader unless the sum of your party members' level is prime.
If you fail this: each time you go over, take a moveslot from a Mon permanently.
[3] >> see TA1's challange.

N.B. Jimera can also give me a Scramble, IAR/A1/KS can give me Gauntlets if they so desire.

GO GO GO

Level 51, I'll give you Area 51, the Elgyem. Elgyem is nostalgic for outer space and its home planet: a world on which it could learn eight moves at a time. To replicate this, every time you challenge a gym, you have to dramatically change Elgyem's moveset. These can be TMs, via move relearners or whatever else. If this isn't possible you have to leave Elgyem in your box along with two other pokémon from your team for the duration of that gym. You can learn these moves by level up between gyms as well. It can't relearn a TM that it had up to three gyms ago. So if you challenge the eighth gym, you can teach it a move that it had at gym five, for example.

The only other restriction is that you have to keep Miracle Eye at all times (so changing two other moves) and use it on each of Grimsley's pokémon. You don't have to solo them though.

Edit: Ok so mine was way too easy compared to the other ones you're getting. I'll add the following:

You can't evolve into Beheeyem.
You have to solo Ghetsis' Hydreigon without supereffective moves.
You can only heal Elgyem with Potions, nothing better. (Pokémon Centre is allowed until Treadshot's challenge makes it impossible.)

I'm gonna take a slot for level 51. Will edit when I get home so I don't have to type on an iPod >_>

EDIT: Since we already have 3 challanges after I reserved before I edited, you should just take those. I'm out of this one.

I'll reserve for level 51

Catch Special the Female Drilbur at Wellspring Cave. As soon as you catch Special you realize one thing. It looks incredibly weak. And indeed, your intuition seems to be correct. In fact, it is a really weak Drilbur. It cannot physically attack an opponent and is rather clumsy, so it can only use special attacks. (Yes, it will be able to learn exactly four moves!) It cannot use non-damaging or physical attacks, and must be learned the four moves she can learn as soon as possible
mud-slap when you catch her, round at the battle subway for 36 bp, sludge bomb at route 8, hidden power from prof. juniper after seeing 100 pokes

It realizes you hate her for being weak and loses hope of ever being accepted by you, so it loses the inner strength to ever evolve. This means you will be stuck with her as a drilbur forever. The poor thing desperately tries to prove itself worthy by soloing one of the elite fours members. To train for her great deed of worthyness, see wants to solo all trainer owned drilbur and excadrill. Still not convinced that will be enough to prove her worth, she wants to train so much, that she may never be outside of the top 3 highest leveled team members on your team. It insists on never leaving your party as well.

Oh, if this is not up to TA1 difficulty, just let me know.
Restrictions are underlined as extra service

GL

PS: if you do not want to gather bp from the subway, you cannot learn said move and you will be left with only 3 usable moves.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Level 51, you get Blissey the first Audino you find in the Dreamyard, immediately after receiving the first badge. When you catch it, immediately save your game, and look at the minutes on your save. The ones digit tells you how many levels Blissey can level until the next gym is defeated. When you defeat a Gym Leader, immediately save, look at the minutes again, and again that tells you how many levels Blissey can gain until the next gym. After getting all eight gym badges, Blissey can level up an unlimited number of times.

For example:

You catch it, save, save time reads 1:13, you can level Blissey 3 levels. You defeat Brycen in the Icirrus Gym, you save, and your save file reads 5:27, you can level Blissey 7 levels.

Good luck!

Reserving for Bard of Rage ~(^.^)~

Funny thing about me, I always try to make Challanges harder by disallowing STAB. And it gets kinda boring.

So, take STABartist the Carnivine.

Your restrictions are:

STABartist can only use STAB moves.
STABartist must solo an Elite Four of its choice.

Oh, and because I want to win something at the Scramble Awards:

STABartist is literally a stereotypical "starving artist". So, it is extremely hungry and must always hold a berry. In addition, its malnutrition has left it weak and unable to process data stored in TMs and HMs. So, it can only use level-up moves.

GL;HF >:)
Challenge accepted! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, didn't see your post. So now I have a full team of six! I'll get started right away.

Ok so just bought a copy of black 1 and after I trade off the Reshiram and Cobilion I found on there I will be looking for a scramble.

I want fun challenges that are interesting rather than tedious ones. Thanks.
Also putting the last Poke of my Crystal scramble out to whoever. Sick of waiting. Has to be post E4.

As for how that one is going. Just been going through with Haxman. Waiting for night time to get the exeggcute. And my odd egg hatched into Googoo the Smoochum.

Bugsy was damn hard. Had to get Haxman to 22 to get Synthesis. Beat Kakuna and Metapod without issue but had to Poisonpowder into Reflect into Synthesis spam to beat it.

Brammi, I had been looking to give you your last poke for your Crystal version, until I found out there was no way I could find out which pokemon are pre-elite four in Crystal. If you could give a list of the possible pokemon, it will be easier to give you that last poke.

edit: for your bw1 scramble, you get a poke which has the potential to be super easy or super hard, depending on your luck. Get ready to use RNG to find out how difficult yuor challenge is going to be. anywhere you see these brackets, rng between the numbers in between them: []

Catch the [1-5] Blitzle of level [8-13] you encounter on route 3. Name it Random!. It may evolve at level [27-40] after soloing [5-25] different trainers, while having used a maximum of [1-6] different moves on all of them in total. It has to solo [1-5] gym leaders, as well as [1-3] elite four members. It may have [1-4] damaging moves with a maximum bp including stab of [50-150]. Its moves must be of [1-4] different types. It must always be in the top[1-5] highest leveled pokemon in your party. Every [1-3] time it faints, you must throw out [5-100] times its level worth of items (resale price).

Have fun! Oh, editing in your rng'd numbers might be easy for us to see how lucky you exactly are.

Brammi, take Morello the Golett/Golurk. Morello has come straight from League of Legends to Pokemon, where he now feels the need to nerf everything even slightly overpowered to oblivion. Have him learn a moveset of:

-One move with a base power higher then 100, so he can smash overpowered sweepers.
-Move that applies a status condition, to gimp overpowered walls
-Move that reduces enemy stats, for those lucky overpowered pokemon only in need of a numbers change
-A move of your choice. Must either apply a status condition or reduce stats, your choice.

Finally, Morello must solo every pokemon currently in Smogon's OU and Uber tier, as they are clearly overpowered and must be nerfed. The relevant pokemon (the ones appearing in Black/White before you beat the game) are:

Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Genesect (lolz)
Haxorus
Hydreigon
Jellicent
Keldeo (lol)
Landorus
Reshiram
Terrakion
Thundurus
Volcalrona

Note that for optional legendaries, you DO NOT have to seek them out. But if you choose to fight them, Morello must solo. You can still catch them if you want though.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)