Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

ugh what is WITH this thread, no activity for 13 hours between Pika's and Jang's posts :|

You guys need to win something at the Page 300s? Fine.

Accepting Challanges for a Scramblet! n_n

::RULES::
~~ Black version
~~ TA1 Difficulty, just no tedium (e.g. here, see Matilda the Venipede)
~~ Trading only to evolve.
~~ Starter necessary.
~~ 6 Pokemon, 3 Gauntlets.
~~ I reserve the right to reject challanges I deem inappropriate (as usual)

Pokemon thus far:
[1] Slot reserved for Its_A_Random (creator of the thread .‿.)
[2] Slot reserved for Treadshot A1 (hardest challange giver ;~;)
[3] Slot reserved for King Serperior (greatest number of posts o_o)
[4] Free slot
[5] Free slot
[6] Free slot

Gauntlet challenges thus far:
[1] Slot reserved for Jimera0 (creator of the Gauntlet .‿.)
[2] Free slot
[3] Free slot

N.B. Jimera can also give me a Scramble, IAR/A1/KS can give me Gauntlets if they so desire.

GO GO GO

Bwa-hahahaha!! OF COURSE I have the greatest number of posts in this thread!! I am among the best challenge givers, though I am not #1.

EDIT:

Ok, I'll let you choose your poison. You will have to decide what you want just by looking at the names of the pokemon. I trust that you will not open the Hide Tags beforehand, but I really can't stop you.

Take Oh Snap the Purrloin. It must learn and keep Sucker Punch ASAP. You must also max out Sucker Punch's PP ASAP. Sucker Punch must be used first when Oh Snap enters the battlefield. It cannot switch moves until Sucker Punch's PP has been depleted. If Sucker Punch's PP is depleted at the end of a battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest Pokecenter ASAP. You can extend your time because the move Assist also counts as Sucker Punch. The same restrictions apply.

To recap:
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo one E4 member using only Assist.

You will receive me as your starter. You may be looking at me funny, so I will explain: you get Knight the Snivy. Knight wants to become a King, so he must do honorable tasks. To evolve, Knight must solo at least one Pokemon of each type that deals super-effective damage to grass-types. Once Knight evolves into Servine, change it's name to Prince. Prince still wants to be king, so he must solo N's team in Chargestone Cave before evolving. When this task is complete, Prince can evolve into King the Serperior. As a king, he must solo one E4 member, half of N's final team, 2 if Gestis's Pokemon, and land the final blow on Hydriegon. Hydriegon does not count as one of the two Pokemon soloed on Gestis's team.

To Recap:
1). Snivy as starter; Name it Knight
2). Solo at least one pokemon of each type that deals SE damage to Grass types to Evolve.
3). Rename Servine Prince.
4). Solo N's team in Chargestonr Cave to evolve.
5). Rename Serperior King
6). Solo 1 E4 member, half N's final team, 2 of Ghetsis's team, and land the FINAL blow on Hydreigon.

You get an unevolvable and itemless Cotenee. Now you may be thinking at sub-seeding is your best option, well, you are wrong. You must use only attacking moves. Solo Cheren and Bianca every time unless any solos are contradicted. Choose one of the last 4 gyms (Leader and gym trainers) and one E4 member and do the same unless any solos are contradicted. It may never run from any battles.

Please choose carefully!!!

Disclaimer: I can edit the challenges to fit better with other restrictions if required.

Level 51, a gauntlet for your challange will be to throw out 10 of the highest level Pokeball you can buy every time you use a Pokemon Center or a healing character. This includes story related healings (except for when you do the double battle bits where you get healed after every battle. Actually, pay 10 pokeballs once the section is done). Good luck, and watch that cash!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Level Up's Destiny: Areas 2-3

So far, the Treehollow has been little challenge to me.

My apprentice, on the other hand...not so much.

Granted, he has truly tapped into some powerful moves using Metronome.

Like Draco Meteor, Psystrike, and Glaciate.

However, the first two missed on a Blissey using Minimize, and the latter hit a Light Screened Chansey.

Other than my victories, and some parahax which Chance provides, the training is moving at a slightly slow pace. If only I still had that Lucky Egg...

Chance the Togepi
Level 58
Quirky Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Everstone
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (Psychic)
-Metronome
-Ancientpower
Comments: I figured out this fella's HP after using it on a Dark-type. Still somewhat useless, but gets props for using two legendary sig moves with Metronome.

Level Up the Lucario
Level 91
Jolly Nature
Ability: Justified
Item: Amulet Coin
-Close Combat
-Dragon Pulse
-ExtremeSpeed
-Aura Sphere
Comments: Blah blah blah kicks @$$

Okay, I can't seem to find my other DS or my friend to help me trade for my Diamond Scramble. So, is it at all possible that someone out there can trade me some Rattatas/Sentrets or whatever for my I scratch? and Mimi, and then hold them until I've beaten the first gym and can trade in my game to get Mimi and I scratch? in my game? It would be so great if someone could! Just shoot me a PM with your friend code for HGSS/DPPt and I'll send you my Diamond and HG friend codes. Thanks so much for whoever does it! (If you're confused, but wanna help, I'll explain much better over PM)

EDIT: Please be available ASAP, too. I really wanna get this show on the road lol

EDIT2: Nevermind, it might be a while. Nintendo is retarded and makes me enter some WEP code instead of my regualr password. My regular password that works for my Kindle, iPad, iPod, you name it-it doesn't work. So, I go to nintendo.con, and it sends me to this website with settings and whatever else, and it tells me my password. Which is the one I already know. WHICH WON'T LET ME CONNECT!!!!!!!!!

Brammi, you get TeamPlayer the Sigilyph. TeamPlayer, as his name suggests, loves to help out his team. As a result, he loves supporting moves. As soon as possible, he must learn Tailwind, either Light Screen or Reflect, Safeguard, and another move of your choice. In addition, whenever he is in your lead slot, another Pokémon in your party must be holding the Exp. Share. Whenever your active Pokémon faints, Teamplayer must be switched in.

Level 51: here is a Gauntlet.
Each route you may pass through a maximum of 5 times. Each trainer you may fight 3 times unless you lose to them. Each PC may be used a maximum of 3 times. You may not fight a gym leader unless the sum of your party members' level is prime.
If you fail this: each time you go over, take a moveslot from a Mon permanently.

If the Gauntlet is not supposed to be super hard, make each of those #s 13.

Can I make a suggestion? Could the challenges still seeking Pokémon be linked to in the OP? That way it would be easier for everyone to keep track of who still needs 'mons, and no-one's challenges would be forgotten.

Level 51 said:
ugh what is WITH this thread, no activity for 13 hours between Pika's and Jang's posts :|

You guys need to win something at the Page 300s? Fine.

Accepting Challanges for a Scramblet! n_n

::RULES::
~~ Black version
~~ TA1 Difficulty, just no tedium (e.g. here, see Matilda the Venipede)
~~ Trading only to evolve.
~~ Starter necessary.
~~ 6 Pokemon, 3 Gauntlets.
~~ I reserve the right to reject challanges I deem inappropriate (as usual)

Pokemon thus far:
[1] Slot reserved for Its_A_Random (creator of the thread .‿.)
[2] Slot reserved for Treadshot A1 (hardest challange giver ;~;)
[3] Slot reserved for King Serperior (greatest number of posts o_o)
[4] Free slot
[5] Free slot
[6] Free slot

Gauntlet challenges thus far:
[1] Slot reserved for Jimera0 (creator of the Gauntlet .‿.)
[2] Free slot
[3] Free slot

N.B. Jimera can also give me a Scramble, IAR/A1/KS can give me Gauntlets if they so desire.

GO GO GO
Taking my pokemon slot + 1 Gauntlet slot. Deal with it.

-----------------------------

Level 51, take Sileneut the Tympole.

Whenever Sileneut is sent out, excluding when it leads, it must use attacks which are not of its typing (i.e. No STAB & no other moves of your type). If it does lead, Sileneut may use whatever moves it likes, but only until it switches out. When it switches back in, it invokes the "No moves of your own type" rule.

Catch Sileneut outside Pinwheel Forest.

When Sileneut evolves for the first time, release it or box it can catch yourself a Pidove/Tranquill (not Unfezant, though). Call it Sileneutra. The previous "No moves of your own type" rule still holds. Sileneutra cannot use non-damaging moves of any kind and must have these moves replaced by damaging moves asap (TM, HM, Level-up, whatever). Solo Elesa's entire gym, because no one likes her anyways. You may not use any healing items in the gym, and must complete it in one go (no going out to the Pokemon Center or using the PC). No death foddering other pokemon either. Oh, and you must faint each Emolga you see in 3 hits or less (misses don't count).

When Sileneutra evolves again, release it and catch yourself a Roggenrola/Boldore (Gigalith isn't available in the wild iirc). Call it Silenevil. Do not use this pokemon in battle, do not heal it after catching it (yes, that means no Pokemon Center at all once Silenevil is caught), do not let it gain EXP in any way. You must catch Silenevil before you reach Iccirus City, it must be of a lower level than Sileneutra's level post-evolution (so if you end up with a level 36 Unfezant, then Silenevil must be 36 or below). You may delay Sileneutra's evolution as long as you like, but be aware the highest level of Boldore available in the wild is in Victory Road.

Solo an E4 member with Silenevil with no healing items, no death foddering, no PP-restoring items, no held item. If you fail, reboot your system and try again. You are not permitted to blackout and try again, you must reset your machine and try again (thereby not getting any extra exp from failed solo attempts).

You may teach Silenevil whatever TM's/HM's/Tutor moves as you like.

NOTE: The gauntlet is part of the challenge, as you cannot use the Pokemon Center after Silenevil's capture.

NOTE: Even if you run out of Gauntlet slots, deal with it. It's part of Silenevil's challenge, NO POKEMON CENTERS ONCE SILENEVIL IS CAUGHT.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Diamond Scramble: Part 2

So yeah, I just beat Roark. And so I headed to Eterna City.

Took care of some thugs that took over the Valley Windworks. They called themselves Team Galactic. I swear, why do all these crime people call themselves 'Team ___'. It's like saying "ARREST ME I DO BAD STUFF". Srsly.

Anyway, caught Breezy the Drifloon. She kicks ass, despite having no legs. Well, kinda. I'm not sure what those things dangling from her body are. Handles?

So I made it to Eterna Forest. This girl (who obviously uses NATURAL hair dye) named Cheryl came up to me and begged me to take her through the forest. Seeing as I'm desperate, I gallantly accepted. Well, gallantly might be stretching it. It soon became clear that she needed the help - she had a LV 15 Chansey that only knew Softboiled and Egg Bomb.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

But as soon as she made it through the forest with me (she somehow kept my Pokemon at full health constantly - go figure), she said a curt 'ty' and walked out of my life forever. Was I too forward?

Maybe commenting on how I appreciated her breasts turned her off.

Anyway, I made it to Eterna and schooled Gardenia (and stole a pair of her panties - I swear, they're for a friend). But the real challenge was to come. The Galactic Commander Jupiter. How the hell did she get her hands on the TM for Giga Drain? At least Magical learned Tackle...but her Skuntank. Fortunately, she didn't finish the damn thing off for two turns and I was able to use my HM Slave, Slave (original right) to Growl down the Skuntank's attack. I then paralyzed it with Bud, and Breezy finished her off. I cheered in victory.

I also made this face.

:DDDDDDDD

Anyway, I got a free Bike (score), went down Cycling Road, and resurrected a Skull Fossil I found in the Underground to get MoldBreak the Cranidos. Hopefully he will be an asset to the team. I then took a record of my travels.

And ran from Gardenia.

Who knew she had a Bike?

Ranked from worst to best, not including Slave the HM Slave.

Magical the Magikarp
LV 15
Quiet Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: N/A
-Splash
-Tackle
Comments: MAGIKARPKARPKARP

MoldBreak the Cranidos
LV 20
Serious Nature
Ability: Mold Breaker
-Focus Energy
-Pursuit
-Take Down
-Scary Face
Comments: Gets 2nd to last, despite not being in any battles, for the merit of NOT BEING A FUCKING MAGIKARP.

Bud the Budew
LV 18
Mild Nature
Ability: Poison Point
Item: Quick Claw
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Worry Seed
-Stun Spore
Comments: Eh...alright, I guess. And being stuck this way for a while? Until she soloes FANTINA? This is gonna be rough...

Breezy the Drifloon
LV 26
Hasty Nature
Ability: Unburden
-Gust
-Focus Energy
-Payback
-Stockpile
Comments: MVP for obvious reasons. Thank goodness that Skuntank didn't use Poison Gas, or she would have had to switch out.

Looking good so far, Ullar!

Not much longer before Magic begins killing, eh?

I would have suggested that you grinded Karp Into Dos in the forest with the free healing.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
King Serperior said:
I would have suggested that you grinded Karp Into Dos in the forest with the free healing.
That would have been great advice a few days ago. Plus, I hate grinding. :(

Nice going, Ullar! Looking forward to bud solo'ing Fantina :)

Oh and how come the great silence? Noone having an update for me to read / wanting a challenge ?

@Ullar

Nice, short updates. A lot shorter than the 30 minute videos I'll be throwing up on a regular basis, that's for certain XD. And just as funny I think, the bit at the end about Gardenia was freaking perfect.

@Present

Well i'm trying to put out an update a week (a LOT of editing goes into producing those updates, and it's only going to get worse for me as I push my limits more), so if you wait a few days you'll have a video at least XD. Don't know what's going on with the sudden drought of challenges though; it just happens sometimes i guess.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Level Up's Destiny: Areas 4-5

Area 4? Simple.

Chance got to take down a Chansey, with some luckiness in channeling Metronome.

The boss was hyper-offensive, but I easily shaved Daneil down to size with a few Close Combats and an Aura Sphere.

But Area 5...that's what got me.

On my first attempt to overcome Elie, it...all went awry somehow.

Her Claydol used Explosion after an Earthquake, severely crippling me. He rOmastar was no problem, however. But then...

Jellicent.

I used my normal attack for Ghost-types (Dragon Pulse), but after I blasted her with it, something strange happened.

I forgot how to perform it.

The strength of dragons was no longer with me.

I barely noticed the downpour of water that claimed me...

Chance and I commiserated our loss at the nearby Join Avenue. I had a friend who offered to Fly us there, provided I bought him lunch.

I got two Friendly Meals, one for my friend, and one for Chance (the boy is growing rather quickly). I simply got a Friendly Drink. Didn't want to get too flabby. And I wondered...what went wrong?

After thinking to myself, I had a new sense of determination.

So we returned to Elie.

I used ExtremeSpeed on the Claydol, as it summoned Rain with a Dance. I was befuddled as to why, but then remembered Omastar and Jellicent. Suddenly, its Quick Claw activated. Fearing that I wouldn't get another chance to attack, I quickly used the same move again.

Trololol.

Omastar went down with the same ease.

Jellicent, however...I summoned the power of Dragons once, and I kept it in my memory. I survived one Water Spout from the demon, and I fired again.

It was swept clear of my mind once more.

Fortunately, the Jellicent was weak, and the Water Spout had very little power behind it. I was able to stall it out, using moves that did no damage, until...

It Struggled.

The recoil made it faint.

I had risen above my defeat, and became victorious.

Chance the Togepi
Level 63
Quirky Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Everstone
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (Psychic)
-Metronome
-Ancientpower
Comments: Still semi-useless. Ran into a Janitor and got promptly KO'd by his Durant. Anyway, it's decent.

Level Up the Lucario
Level 93
Jolly Nature
Ability: Justified
Item: Amulet Coin
-Close Combat
-Dragon Pulse
-ExtremeSpeed
-Aura Sphere
Comments: You know what I'm gonna say. At this rate, it looks like he might hit 100 before the end of this Scramble!

Two updates in one day woo

Don't know what's going on with the sudden drought of challenges though; it just happens sometimes i guess.
Sure it's nothing to do with IAR's constant self-belief that his changing titles are actually somehow witty?

It took me ages to locate this thread when it changed its name again.

(either that, or we were spoilt when Black2White2 came out and everyone had a new game to play)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I don't think/hope B2/W2 had something to do with the drought of challenges. I got the game, but after the 8th gym it told me I needed surf, which I didn't have, so I restarted, but the pre-game is so bad and the fact that it is long and easy, except for some bits where it gets extremely hard and you have to spend 2 days grinding (I'm a slow grinder, I always get the lowest level pokemon in an area and Audinos run from me when I want to find them) to get your pokemon up to speed which gets so boring (This is basically elesa). Anyway, me telling you what's bad about B2/W2 I think I'll just say that the reason I'm not making/giving challenges is because my life has caught up with me. :(

I'm silent because Lance keeps smashing the shite out of me when I try and solo him with an underlevelled Meganium.

Point of interest: I actually vastly prefer BW2 to BW because the pre-game did it for me and there wasn't as much annoying grinding. The game had a nicer level curve. Also I found Surf en route somewhere although I can't remember where off hand. I've put the game down though since I started scrambling and nuzlockeing which is a bit of a shame.

I don't think/hope B2/W2 had something to do with the drought of challenges. I got the game, but after the 8th gym it told me I needed surf, which I didn't have, so I restarted, but the pre-game is so bad and the fact that it is long and easy, except for some bits where it gets extremely hard and you have to spend 2 days grinding (I'm a slow grinder, I always get the lowest level pokemon in an area and Audinos run from me when I want to find them) to get your pokemon up to speed which gets so boring (This is basically elesa). Anyway, me telling you what's bad about B2/W2 I think I'll just say that the reason I'm not making/giving challenges is because my life has caught up with me. :(
Cheren GIVES you Surf on Route 6. He takes you in that lab thingy and talks to you bout the freezing temperatures and then gives you Surf. And the game doesn;t let you skip it. So, basically, you did have Surf.

I think I'm going to have to lose to Lance, give up on half my cash and grind some more. His team is really hard for mine to play against:

Gyarados can only really be taken on by a special attacker due to Intimidate and my pokémons' pathetic physical stats. Corsola's Power Gem doesn't do much damage and Sunflora's moves aren't strong enough. Ice Fang also rips through Sunflora, Scyther, Noctowl, Meganium and Crobat.

Aerodactyl has supereffective moves against my entire team. Thunder Fang for Corsola, Scyther, Noctowl and Crobat. Aerial Ace for Sunflora and Meganium. Rock Slide for Scyther, Noctowl and Crobat.

Charizard slaughters Scyther, Meganium and Sunflora. Corsola can handle it though.

Dragonite #1 beats Scyther, Noctowl, Corsola and Crobat easily and Dragon Rush OHKOs Sunflora and does 50% to Meganium.

Dragonite #2 beats Scyther, Noctowl, Crobat, Meganium and Sunflora easily and does almost a OHKO to Corsola with Dragon Rush.

Dragonite #3 beats Meganium, Scyther and Sunflora easily with Fire Blast and OHKOs Crobat and Corsola with Outrage. Noctowl can't do anything apart from put it to sleep and hope.

This is going to be so hard to do with the entire team, let alone soloing with Meganium. Will grind A LOT before I take him on again. Don't expect an update for a while.

I am sorry if I made your life hard, Jangrafess... Maybe you could try an approach in which you use the x-items (I know, I have never used them myself, but they might help?).

Oh and skarm, I do read the updates.

I liked both BW1 and BW2 actually. I have never had troubles with storylines, as I enjoy them. The most anoying thing in a pokemon game so far is the gen 3 item limit. I really hate having to throw away items as my bag and storage is full, after only 4 gyms. I am also still waiting for a game where you can catch EVERY pokemon in the wild. Bigger dream? Include not only all pokemon (including legendaries), but also all the dream world abilities. Sweet dreams, not going to come true I guess...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)