Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Inanimate Blob take a Mareep and name it Sadist. This cute little sheep is really something of a wolf in sheep's clothing, sadistic to the core. It doesn't much like the quick, painless battles that a fully offensive moveset brings. No, it prefers the slow, creeping death brought on by status conditions for its foes.

So, Sadist can only use (in battle) moves that can inflict status conditions (secondary status like infatuation and confusion count too). This starts as soon as it learns Thundershock. In order to evolve into Flaffy, Sadist must have at least 2 moves that ONLY inflict status (do not deal direct damage). This ratio of non-damaging moves must be maintained (no evolving then immediately replacing them with damaging moves). To evolve into Ampharos, it must increase this number of non-damaging, status inflicting moves to 3, leaving room for only one direct damage dealing attack.

Sadist takes extra pleasure in torturing notable pokemon, so have it solo at least 4 gym leader Pokemon thoughout the game, and at least 3 other Pokemon in the Elite 4 along with at least one of Iris' Pokemon in order to sate its thirst, and prevent it from turning on you.

Don't step wrong, or you might find yourself Sadist's next victim. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Sorry inanimate blob, but I have to go (and still haven't thought of an Award-winning Challange x_x), so if you don't mind waiting like 13~14 hours, I'll put it up in the morning.

In the meantime, IAR had better get back soon :x

@plurple take NickiMinaj the Jynx (I HATE Nicki Minaj, for the record). She is Nicki Minaj's biggest fan, and wants to be just like her. Since Nicki Minaj is the poison of teenagers, she must learn and keep Toxic. Since she loves to sing, but some people (me) hate her voice, so she must learn and keep Perish Song (just use whatever move til then). She must know one psychic-type move and one non-damaging move ASAP. She must solo a gym leader. Good luck!

@MysticZap I'll give you a really uncommon pokemon:

Take Fierce the Ledyba. This Ledyba is sick and tired of being thought of as weak, and hardly ever used. Fierce must solo your rival at least twice. Must solo Whitney to evolve. She wants to use an all-out offensive, and use only attacking moves (STAB/physical/special/non-STAB, doesn't make a difference). She also wants to do good in the world. Solo 15 rocket grunts, and 1 rocket admin. She must solo 3 E4 pokemon, and one of Lance's Dragonites (not included in the 3).

GL;HF!

Can I get a scramble for SoulSilver?
- Not commonly used pokemon
- No useless
- Team of at least 4.
- Nicknames
Actually, you can, so here it is:

Take Bully the Stantler. This guy is a bully (As his name suggests) and cares not about your foe's feelings. As such, you will have a moveset that utilizes his uncaring nature:

1). Confuse Ray (Because leaving your targets confused is what bullys do)
2). Me First (Because taking your foe's techniques are always useful)
3). Stomp (Because bully's take people's lunches and stomp on them)
4). Shadow Ball (because bully's use dark energys to gain power)

Bullys typically target the geeks and nerds, so School-Kids must always be solo'd by him. It you see a scientist, solo him/her as well.

Finally, attack Will and solo him because he is the biggest Geek/Nerd in Jhoto.

Aight, MysticZap, you want an unusual Pokèmon?

Take Cutey the Hoppip. Cutey doesn't believe in violence, and as such may only have one attacking move in its moveset, and it must be under 60 BP. Solo a gym to evolve into Jumpluff, the Skiploom evolution is unrestricted.

Giving Mystic Zap a starter.

Mystic Zap, I give you SurferDude the Sentret. Sentret thinks it's a water type. So after you choose Totodile and catch Sentret, it will demand you release Totodile and use Sentret as your starter. Now Sentret has no water moves naturally, so as soon as you obtain Surf, teach it to Sentret. And only after this can it evolve. It should also get Ice Beam because Ice moves are what Water types do as well. The other two moves are up to you, but only one of them can be Normal type because Sentret thinks it's a water type.

SurferDude must also solo Blaine to show it's a true water type and must Solo Misty as well to show it's the best Water type.

reserving uncommon poke for MysticZap

Take Mushroom the Paras at Ilex Forest.
Paras thinks it is a nice mushroom, and must learn spore asap. Mushrooms lack IQ, so it can only learn level-up moves. Besides spore, learn it one physical, one special and one non-damaging level-up move, which makes it easier for him/her to remember its moves. (my advice: giga drain, x-scizzor and whatever else you feel like) It may evolve as soon as it solo's Jasmine.

GL

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
OK, with the Scramble Awards coming up, I want to get another Challange in motion. Note that I won't START this until I finish Level Up's Destiny.

Starting a White Story Mode Scramble

What is a Story Mode Scramble, you may ask? Well, before you get your answer, tell me I'm a pioneer in this thread.

Go on, say it.

ty

Now.

A Story Mode Scramble is one in which I only use Pokemon that I:

1. Receive as gifts
2. Are forced to catch

The six Pokemon that fall under this umbrella are:
1. My starter
2. The corresponding monkey
3. Zorua
4. The fossil Pokemon
5. Larvesta
6. Zekrom

Now, I have a few rules:
1. I am not accepting a Scramble for Zekrom. Mainly because I will not be doing the postgame, and as such it will be in only two battles. Seems kinda pointless, no?
2. Yes, I will have the event Celebi in this game, but only for the purposes of getting Zorua. Any Scrambles involving that Celebi will be denied.
3. Medium-hard difficulty. I want a challange, but not TOO much of one.
4. Whoever gets a starter/monkey first locks me into the corresponding mon. I will not accept reservations for these. Better be quick!
5. No item rules on Larvesta. I'm gonna use Lucky Egg/Exp. Share if I want to dammit
6. Be creative - I'm putting this up early so good challanges can get to the Awards.

THE POKEMON:

UllarWarlord, take MeFirst the Snivy. This Snivy has a habit of getting to things faster than anyone else. Period.

It never comes second. In fact, it gets so thrown off when it goes second in a battle that it must be switched out! If it doesn't move first on a turn (I don't care if this is due to priority, paralysis or whatever), switch it out immediately, Snivy cannot be used in the remainder of that battle (not even as death fodder).

It must always be the highest leveled pokemon in your party OR have the move with the highest Base Power (variable/multi-hit moves count as 0, Hidden Power counts as 70). Just one will do, both if you like. If you can't do either, throw out P5000 worth of items and then do whatever it takes to make at least one of these conditions true. Every time you fail at this, you must throw out P5000 of items again.

MeFirst the Snivy also must use only Grass and Normal moves in battle (it may know any move you want, but in battle only Grass and Normal). No using HM's either, but TM's are fine.

That's it. Good luck.
UllarWailord, take Water the Panpour. Water is decidedly, a Water-type, and is very proud of this fact. Water refuses to use moves that aren't Water-type. Solo Burgh to prove that Water-types can overcome Grass-types (Burgh has a Leavanny, y'know) and to evolve into Simipour.
@UllarWarlord. Let me have a shot at your zorua: You get a lovely Zorua. It always wants to use Illusion. When it is out in battle, if it is transformed into a female team member, you can only use special-type attacks. If male, physical attacks. It wants to at least solo one pokemon of every gym leader, elite four and the champion (... That means N and Gethsis too) not already solo'd. As this is way to easy for you, you get to solo, guess who, Marshal. That is right, better use Illusion to its fullest potential (or just one-shot all of them :) )

GL
4. (Tirtouga, reserved for King Serperior)
@Ullar since you seem to hate grinding, take Agrizoo the Larvesta (Agrizoophobia is the fear of wild animals, but its too long. Yes, I did look up the fear of wild animals.). Agrizoo may never battle a wild pokemon. Never. EVER. If you have to train him up, use the Exp. Share or trainers. He may never evolve and must solo all the gym trainers of 1 gym and 3 E4 pokes. GL;HF!
Gimme your best!

UllarWarlord, you get Impavid the Zorua. Impavid has been through quite a lot in its short life, and it wants to prove itself to you. In order to do so, it needs some experience in battle. Solo at least 15 trainers to evolve, and another 5 before the end of the game. Imprison must be in its moveset before the Elite Four.

Good luck!

Ullar, you get Smuggs the Snivy. It is too smug to participate in any of the first four gym battles. It must solo Final N and Ghetsis. (EDIT: This means no fainting during the solo and being revived, as always.) Due to this restriction, you must bring an HM slave into the Zekrom battle to avoid having Zekrom sent out as the lead.

Oh, and I almost forgot - no Grass-type attacks. Have fun! No evolution restrictions on this one, you're lucky I made an easy one for you.

Reserving the Panpour for Ullar.

EDIT: UllarWailord, take Water the Panpour. Water is decidedly, a Water-type, and is very proud of this fact. Water refuses to use moves that aren't Water-type. Solo Burgh to prove that Water-types can overcome Grass-types (Burgh has a Leavanny, y'know) and to evolve into Simipour.

Take Fierce the Ledyba. This Ledyba is sick and tired of being thought of as weak, and hardly ever used. Fierce must solo your rival at least twice. Must solo Whitney to evolve. She wants to use an all-out offensive, and use only attacking moves (STAB/physical/special/non-STAB, doesn't make a difference). She also wants to do good in the world. Solo 15 rocket grunts, and 1 rocket admin. She must solo 3 E4 pokemon, and one of Lance's Dragonites (not included in the 3).

GL;HF!

Take Bully the Stantler. This guy is a bully (As his name suggests) and cares not about your foe's feelings. As such, you will have a moveset that utilizes his uncaring nature:

1). Confuse Ray (Because leaving your targets confused is what bullys do)
2). Me First (Because taking your foe's techniques are always useful)
3). Stomp (Because bully's take people's lunches and stomp on them)
4). Shadow Ball (because bully's use dark energys to gain power)

Bullys typically target the geeks and nerds, so School-Kids must always be solo'd by him. It you see a scientist, solo him/her as well.

Finally, attack Will and solo him because he is the biggest Geek/Nerd in Jhoto.

Take Cutey the Hoppip. Cutey doesn't believe in violence, and as such may only have one attacking move in its moveset, and it must be under 60 BP. Solo a gym to evolve into Jumpluff, the Skiploom evolution is unrestricted.

Mystic Zap, I give you SurferDude the Sentret. Sentret thinks it's a water type. So after you choose Totodile and catch Sentret, it will demand you release Totodile and use Sentret as your starter. Now Sentret has no water moves naturally, so as soon as you obtain Surf, teach it to Sentret. And only after this can it evolve. It should also get Ice Beam because Ice moves are what Water types do as well. The other two moves are up to you, but only one of them can be Normal type because Sentret thinks it's a water type.

SurferDude must also solo Blaine to show it's a true water type and must Solo Misty as well to show it's the best Water type.

Take Mushroom the Paras at Ilex Forest.
Paras thinks it is a nice mushroom, and must learn spore asap. Mushrooms lack IQ, so it can only learn level-up moves. Besides spore, learn it one physical, one special and one non-damaging level-up move, which makes it easier for him/her to remember its moves. (my advice: giga drain, x-scizzor and whatever else you feel like) It may evolve as soon as it solo's Jasmine.

GL

MysticZap, you take Ram the Rhyhorn. Solo a gym leader to evolve. Solo one of red's as a Rhydon. Only use physical attacks.

Thank you to everyone who gave me a pokemon. I'll try to post daily updates. It depends on how everything goes.

Ullar gets a Larvesta named Flare. Must be a Volcarona before the elite four and must solo at least two E-4 pokes as a Volcarona. No use of quiver dance however.

MysticZap, you take Ram the Rhyhorn. Solo a gym leader to evolve. Solo one of red's as a Rhydon. Only use physical attacks.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
o_k!

inanimate blob, take Hard Mode the Sunkern.

Playing with a Sunkern... it's the epitome of Hard Mode. Especially if you don't evolve it.
This Sunkern likes playing Hard Mode.

Your restrictions are:

• Take a Sunkern named Hard Mode.
  • Hard Mode may never evolve.
  • Hard Mode must solo Skyla.
  • Hard Mode must solo Drayden.
  • Hard Mode must solo Caitlin.
  • If during any one of these solos, Hard Mode faints, you are not allowed to reset; you must white out, lose money, and start again. Also, throw out items worth at least P500 x N, where N is the number of badges you have so far.
GL;HF!

(or tell me if it's too hard; I'll drop it down a bit)

lol Level 51, that sunkern looks more reallllllly hard than medium-hard to me. And here I was thinking not to give out too difficult challenges to MysticZap. If inanimate blob accepts your challenge, next person wanting a scramble is awaiting a very difficult mon from me.:naughty:

That's going to be pretty much impossible considering I had to have my Sunkern 10 levels higher than a wild Growlithe to scrape past it.

This is rather closer to the end of the page then I'd like, but:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT POST+RUBY UPDATE!

The Murasaki-Wigglytuff Edition (carbon age-1,000,000y)

So it came to pass that the roof of the world was painted with stars, just as the earth was coated with the plants and animals of the land, the oceans were filled with the vibrant life of the sea, and the sky was completed by the creatures of the air. And Arceus saw that it was good. Yet the world still felt uncomplete and unfinished. The Pokemon of the world, however, were shiftless and lazy, and budged only at Arceus’ command.

So Arceus said,”Let there be a dawn of spirit in this pure new world. Let free will, thought, and emotion come to the creatures of the earth, the seas, and the sky!” Three beings came forth to represent Arceus’ hope, and he named them Azelf, Uxie, and Mespirit. The pokemon came alive as never before, and Arceus saw that it was good.

After a time, Arceus grew weary of enforcing the rules he wanted his world to have himself. So Arceus said, “Let there be three laws that shall ensure that my will will come to pass for all time in this world that I have created.” And it was so.

The first law drove all living things on forward, never allowing them to halt their progress, but allowing them to look back at their lives. Arceus named this one Dialga.

The second law kept living things apart, but brought them together at the same time, so that they could better praise Arceus. Arceus named this one Palkia.

The third law set an end for each and every mortal being, such that they would be removed from the earth, the sea, and the skies in their time and join Arceus in the land of the gods. Arceus named this one Giratina.

Then Arceus spoke. “Let the three laws live and breathe as every other being for all of time, such that my influence will remain in this world long after I retire.” And it was so. The three gained draconic bodies inset with diamonds, pearls, and opals.

But soon Dialga grew tired of watching over all time. He asked Arceus,”The others only have to watch what is going on now. I must stand over all of time in the earth, the seas, and the skies, and ensure its progress. Would it be so unreasonable to grant me a partner that could assist me in keeping the world ticking?”

Arceus agreed. So he said,”May another being be created to aid Dialga in his task.” Arceus named this being Celebi, and she aided him in the care of time. Arceus saw that it was good. Yet he remembered the battles of Groudon and Kyogre, and thus warned Dialga,”If she shall encourage you in any action not becoming of your heavenly role, I shall hold you both responsible.”

Years later, the pokemon of the world had grown to large numbers, and were playing with, mating with, and hunting each other, as pokemon will. And Giratina came to Arceus, and he said,”I cannot distinguish the sleeping and the departed from each other. Would you grant me an assistant, such that I may deliver to you only those who have finished their time in the earth, the seas, and the skies?”

Arceus agreed. So he said,”May another being be created to sort the sleeping from the dead.”
He named the being Darkrai, and he aided Giratina in the separation of the living and the dead. But, remembering the battles of the earth and the sea, he warned Giratina,”If he shall encourage you in any action not becoming of your heavenly role, I shall hold you both responsible.”

Years later, when those who craved power had gained it, shoving aside the weak, Palkia came to Arceus. He said,”Each day I look down upon the space you have put under my control, as you bade me do. But today I looked away, for I could not watch the suffering of the innocents and yet have no power to intervene. It sickens me, Lord.”

“One cannot be both a law and an arbiter of the law. To allow you to rule space and at the same time interfere with the doings of the living beings of the world would be an abomination.”

And Palkia said,”You have given the others assistants to aide them in your holy work. However, space is simple, and I need no help to keep all beings together and apart as you have decreed. May I then have a being to remind the weak and the mourning in the earth, the seas, and the sky below that there is still hope, such that they may continue with their worldly lives, and enter your care in their time with peace and contentment and without fear?”

Arceus said,”That is too big a task for even myself. I cannot cure unhappyness.”

And Palkia responded,”For a single being, you are correct, my lord. So create a hundred! Or a thousand! And let them go out and spread the joy and happiness that you can bring, in hopes that they may inspire hope and belief in you!” Before Arceus could respond, these beings appeared on a mountain, the sacred meeting place of the earth and the sky. Astonished, Arceus named the beings Shaymin, and adorned them with heavenly flowers that granted them wings.

Arceus said,”Palkia, your hope and your faith has made your dreams real. May it happen to many others as my world grows.” Then he turned to the Shaymin collected before him. “Go forth, and spread my joy to the desperate, the mourners, and the weak! Give hope to the meek, the sickly, and the weak of heart!” Most of the Shaymin took flight on their wings and spread around the earth, the seas, and the sky, but a few remained. These Arceus tasked to maintain a safe home for their tired brethren to return to.

And Arceus saw that it was good.

Present (June 21st, 235 CRE)
3:35 PM
Hoenn Route 119
Skarm

Altaria struggled to bear both of our weight through the driving winds and torrential rains. Its wings thrashed against the air, desperately trying to make it to safer ground

“Altaria, we need to get across the river before they start shooting! You can do it!” Winona urged her bird on, but it wasn’t enough.

“We aren’t going to make it!” Just below us, the river loomed large. Swollen tides began to rise up onto the banks, and the falls downriver would put an end to us if we didn’t drown. Altaria’s breathing was growing ragged, and she let out a shrill cry as her wings gave out.

We crashed down in the river, and the current yanked at my clothes, trying to drag me away. The shore was close, so I swam for it and dragged myself up the bank, Winona gasping for air behind me.

“Let’s go! They’re not far behind!” I grabbed Winona’s wrist and turned for the woods, but she wouldn’t move. “Come ON! We have to go!”

“No! Altaria can’t swim! I’m not going to let her drown!”

“Just withdraw her!”

“I can’t! When we crashed, her pokeball got smashed on a rock! It’s broken!”

“If we don’t get out of here, we’re----” Altaria’s cry filled the air, and Winona’s hand left mine. “Wait! WAIT!” Winona splashed back into the water behind me. On the opposite bank, I could just make out Magma men dashing out of the Weather Institute, their assault rifles cocked. “DAMN IT!”

Winona

I dove headfirst into the raging river, towards where I last saw Altaria’s head break the surface. Across the river, I could hear the Magma men mobilizing-wouldn’t be long until they crossed the river at the bridge upstream to hunt us.

Altaria cried out, and I saw her break the surface again startlingly far downstream. Turning downstream with the current sped me up a bit, but I didn’t know if it would be enough. My arms flailed against the floodtides, and Altaria popped up again, just out of my reach. With a final spurt of energy, I wrapped my arms around her blue neck and dragged her head above the surface, where she gasped for air.

I started kicking for shore, but I wasn’t making much progress. Altaria was around 50 pounds on land, but she was much heavier in the water with her cottony wings saturated. And her wings dragged against the current, pulling us closer to the waterfall with every moment. Altaria’s skin glowed red, maybe from stress, maybe from the fire that pulsed in her heart, maybe something else, I didn’t know.

The shore was so close now. My feet brushed against the sand and I kicked forward with new strength. “Come on, Altaria, come on, we’re almost out.” I dragged her out onto the muddy river bank and then collapsed on my back alongside her, exhausted.

Skarm

On the river shoreline, I tried to keep up with Winona and Altaria. The current seemed to pick up pace the further it flowed, and I was tiring. Behind me, red glowing flares soared up above the river where we had landed, revealing nothing.

Finally, I saw Winona dragging Altaria out of the water in a somewhat clear stretch of the shore.

“Winona! I ran over to her and yanked her to her feet. “We have to go! Now!” The Magma soldiers fired more flares over the river, and one of them settled and began drifting downwards in the rain over our heads, bathing everything in an eerie red glow.

“Okay...okay...Skarm, grab Altaria’s other wing, right at the joint. Let’s get her into the woods.”

“We don’t have time for this!” I helped her carry Altaria anyways, expecting a bullet in the back any second. Gunshots rang out from the other side of the river, and the bullets buried themselves in the mud around us. “Go! GO!”

Together, we bore Altaria’s deadweight on our shoulders and sprinted for the treeline. A few steps away, Winona stumbled, and Altaria went down with her. “Skarm! I’m hit!”

“We’re almost there!” I tossed Altaria the last few steps and dove into the forest. A few seconds later, Winona crawled in behind me.

“Where? Where are you hit?” Under the trees with the clouds overhead, it was pitch black. Winona and Altaria were silouettes in the darkness, but each lighting strike let me see them better for a split second.

“Twice.” she groaned. “Left arm, right calf.” I saw a rip in her sleeve, and peeled it back to try to see the wound. A volley of lightning strikes gave me enough time to see a red line cut into Winona’s arm that was slowly spreading to her jacket. But from the angle they were shooting from, there was no way they could have penetrated through the outside of her arm.

“Your arm’s fine, just grazed you. We should still try to bandage it though. Let’s see the leg.” I rolled up her sleeve as the thunder answered the lightning. The radio buzzed. “Can’t believe this thing is still working.”

“Magma, listen up. Our two loose ends are in the woods on the opposite side of the river from Whiskey Irene. Sweep the forest and eliminate them. Also, it might be good for some of you to know that your jobs are on the line here. And if you’re not one of us, but you’ve seen what we’ve done...you become a loose end. Get it done. Reshiram out.”

“Well, that’s nice and cheery.” Winona quipped while I waited for a lighting strike. One finally came, and it wasn’t pretty. The bullet hole was slowly oozing blood, and I could see cracked bone when I looked into the hole.

“Your leg is hurt pretty bad. Looks like the bullet embedded itself in the bone.”

“Well, we’re pretty fucked then, aren’t we? We’re 10 miles from Fortree, in the middle of a FUCKING THUNDERSTORM, the Magma men are after us, and I can’t walk. What the fuck are we gonna do?”

“First, I’m gonna bandage you up-mind if I take a bit of your jacket? Then, we’re gonna get the hell out of here. We’ll walk to a road and flag someone down.”

“I don’t think I can walk, but I’ll try...AGHHHHH!”

“Okay...okay...I got you...I got you...” I slid my arm under Winona’s, taking the weight off her right leg. “We gotta get out of here.”

“If we wait until the storm ends, Altaria and my Skarmory can fly us out. But it’s not safe for them to carry anything as big as us while it’s pouring like this.” We hobbled off into the woods together, followed by Altaria hopping a few steps at a time. Minutes passed as we struggled to make progress in the pitch black forest.

A few minutes later

The radio chirped again. “Reshiram, we’ve reached the site where we last saw the loose ends. Echo Team found blood stains on some leaves.”

“Excellent progress. All teams, form a perimeter around the nearest roads. Echo team, proceed with disposal of the loose ends. Reshiram out.”

“Well, that’s not good.” I tried to pick up the pace, but I ended up dragging Winona more then helping her walk. “Let’s take a quick break before we keep going.” We sat down in the mud behind a fallen tree, where a little light filtered down through the tree tops and the rainclouds.

“How’s your leg doing?” I pulled out my miraculously intact water bottle and offered Winona a sip, which she gratefully accepted.

“Could be better. You have any idea when this storm is gonna end?”

“From the radar last night, it looked like it was gonna rain like this all day.”

“Great. Just great.”

“Well, cheer up. At least we have each other, and we’re not dead yet.” I leaned in towards her, and we kissed. It probably would have been better if one of us wasn’t slowly bleeding out into the mud.

“Reshiram, this is Entei. We’ve spotted two teenagers kissing, blood trail seems to lead right to them. Permission to engage?”

I pushed away from Winona’s lips. “Damn!” I whispered.

“Permission granted. Echo team, load up and approach with caution.”

“You know, Skarm, just once before they kill us both, I want to kiss you without getting interrupted.”

“Doesn’t look like we’re gonna get much of a chance to do that.” Altaria had started to get agitated, and it appeared to be looking behind us. “Get down!” I threw myself on top of Winona just before bullets slapped into the fallen tree.

“They’re on to us!”

“Roger that, Entei. They’re unarmed except for their pokemon. Just make sure they go down. Reshiram out.”

“Skarm, get off me, get on the ground!”

“We need to get moving!”

“Just do it now! Altaria, Flamethrower them!” I dropped to the ground, and searing air battered my back as Altaria delivered a stream of blue fire to the Magma grunts. I heard screams from the distance, and I knew she had found her mark.

“I think you overdid it a little!” I yelled as Altaria closed its mouth. The blue flames vanished, replaced by red and orange ones where she had aimed. “You started a damn wildfire!” I sprinted into the burning area, and bent down towards one of the soldiers.

“Skarm, what are you doing!”

“Getting some intel.” I picked up the phone, flicked the slider, and it sprung open. Then I returned to Winona, coughing thanks to the smoke.

“We’re out of here, let’s go. And couldn’t you have not started a fire?”

“I thought the wood was soaked enough that it wouldn’t burn!”

“Well, now all the other guys have a nice beacon telling them where we are!”

“Echo team, report! Come in, Entei! Alright, all teams, converge on the fire in the woods. Shoot anyone who’s not in a Magma uniform.”

“Run!” Winona shouted. I helped her to her feet and started off away from the fire.

“Wait, wait...what did you pick up?”

“A phone.”

“Why don’t you use it? We could get some help!”

“I don’t know who could help us. We’re miles out of town, and the police don’t give a shit anyways. I could try the fire department, thanks to your Altaria.”

“Okay. Dial 222 for the fire dispatchers.”

“Fortree Fire Department, what is your emergency?”

“I’m calling from the woods near the Weather Institute. There’s a wildfire.”

“Fires in that area are natural this time of year. They help to clear out old growth and make way for new trees.”

“You should come at least drop some water. There are people in the area, and the fire is uncontrolled. It could spread.”

“The rain should handle it better then we can.” The woman hung up.

“DAMN IT!”

“Nothing?”

“Zilch. I can already hear Magma closing in.”

“Anyone else? I mean ANYONE, no matter how ridiculous the idea is.”

“There is one.” It was probably was the last person on earth I’d want to call while hanging out with Winona, but if we had to get out of here...

I dialed. The phone rang twice.

“Hi, this is May. Who’s calling?”

So yeah, not much really happens in the actual storyline of the game in this episode, but it still managed to be the longest one I've written in a while >_>. At least it took me less then 2 weeks for me to write, which was nice.

In fact, I'm gonna try to get into a groove and have Ruby update every other Sunday so that I can keep it coming and keep the people who are still reading on the edges of their seats.

The "big announcement" is that nominations for the Scramble Awards have started in the Social Group. The social group is basically a big place for all us scramblers to get together and talk without raising postcounts, so please do go over there and check it out!

And yeah, rapidly approaching my 1k, I need to be careful but this was worth posting.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Level 51 is now hosting the awards. So go post some nominations!

Ok. So I decided to start my scramble. Still waiting for Jang's challange to complete the list though.

Team:

Plurple, take Slowpoke from Slowpoke Well. No restriction except must solo a gym to evolve (cannot evolve to Slowking, however) and no physical attacks other than Tackle (which must be forgotten ASAP) or Waterfall if no one else will learn it.

You will get AllKnowing the Xatu.

This being is, as his name suggests, all knowing. As such, it must have this moveset before the E4:
1). Me First (because it knows that the foe must be using a good move)
2). Future Sight (Because it should always know the future)
3). Psychic (Because anything that is seen as all knowing is obviously a psychic)
4). Ominous Wind (because the future can be very bad)

If you can get them, it must always hold the Wise Glasses. Note that Natu must have half the above moveset before evolution.

Anway, solo Will. Prove who the better Psychic is!!

@plurple Take Rocket the Wobbuffet. Do what you want with it, because its a Wobbuffet and that's the challenge. :) Also, it's a Wobbuffet which are adorable.

plurple, take Unknown the Unown.

After having lived in the Ruins of Alph all its life, Unknown wishes to go outside and become famous.

So you have to help it do that.

Unknown must:
Solo a Gym Leader, OR
Team up with 2 other Unowns and beat 3 1st place records in the Pokeathlon, AND win first place in the Bug-Catching Contest.
gl;hf!

@plurple take NickiMinaj the Jynx (I HATE Nicki Minaj, for the record). She is Nicki Minaj's biggest fan, and wants to be just like her. Since Nicki Minaj is the poison of teenagers, she must learn and keep Toxic. Since she loves to sing, but some people (me) hate her voice, so she must learn and keep Perish Song (just use whatever move til then). She must know one psychic-type move and one non-damaging move ASAP. She must solo a gym leader. Good luck!

You can have a Drowzee called Regretful. It regrets the reputation it has as a bad pokémon which eats dreams, causing nightmares and sorrow, and wants to be known as a force for good. As a result it can't use any moves with secondary effects that inflict status as they're potentially moves which begot it its reputation. Neither can it learn any status-inflicting moves. (So it can learn Psychic that inflicts a potential Sp. Def drop, as well as Nasty Plot, Disable, etc. It can't use Confusion, Psybeam, Poison Gas and things like that.) You might have to use a few TMs in the early game.

EDIT:All Pokemon accounted for. Starting my journey now. Kind of sucks I don't get Slowpoke almost 2nd gym.

Alright, guys, I'm actually going to cancel my Scramble. It's just too similar to my old one of White 2, too. But everyone should come on over to the Gauntlet page, since I'll be doing one of those. :)

Oh I'm so sorry plurple! I totally forgot due to posting while inebriated.

You can have a Drowzee called Regretful. It regrets the reputation it has as a bad pokémon which eats dreams, causing nightmares and sorrow, and wants to be known as a force for good. As a result it can't use any moves with secondary effects that inflict status as they're potentially moves which begot it its reputation. Neither can it learn any status-inflicting moves. (So it can learn Psychic that inflicts a potential Sp. Def drop, as well as Nasty Plot, Disable, etc. It can't use Confusion, Psybeam, Poison Gas and things like that.) You might have to use a few TMs in the early game.

It can only evolve into Hypno if you solo the Rocket Executives in the Radio Tower and the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town.

Ugh trying to find the challenges people have given me scattered is ugh. Work has been annoying as hell. So if you gave me one of my Pokes for Black, just let me know and I'll put it up. Yet to clear that save though so that will probably not get started until after Crystal is done. (Grinding at the moment, want to get Haxman to 29 before Whitney so I can clear that gym solo requirement. Googoo is a Smoochum so it will probably be used to solo Surge to fulfill its requirement. Still need a Post E4 poke. By that I mean something that isn't available until Kanto.)

So yeah, bought a new copy of Emerald.

Looking to get a scramble for that as well as my Black. I dislike playing the same game for a long time so I'll switch between my three challenges as I feel like it.

Emerald:
-
-
-
-
-
-

Crystal
- Haxman the Chikorita
- Googoo the Smoochum
- Scattered the Exeggcute
- Blaine the Smeargle
- (The changed one I lost track off)
- Post E4 Mon

Black
- Taken
- Taken
- Taken
-
-
-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)