Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

All pokemon challenges have been accepted. He is now ready to go. Thank you for your input.

Nice update, Recec. I am sorry if you have to grind too much, but you wanted hard after all :). Hope you still like the challenges and that RNg may prove to be really irritating when it has to solo more gyms. Just one more to go.

@ Penguingod2

A few things:
1) You should really link back to the post with your rules and the scramblemons you already have when you remind people that you still need one so people don't have to go searching for it.
2) You should have the rules and the Pokemon you've already recieved in one post, not split into two like you currently do.
3) You should either put the challenges you've already recieved in hide tags or just link to the posts where they're submitted (I personally prefer hide tags).

Note that none of this is in the rules or anything but it makes navigating your scramble challenge MUCH easier for everyone. You can look to my base post, Recec's, Present's, etc. for good examples of how to format your post.

Hide tags work like this: [.hide=hideboxtitlehere]content of box here[/.hide]
(remove the periods to make it work). For an example of what hide tags do, just click the link to my challenge in my signature, I have a number of them in my scramble's post.

To find the URL of your individual post, click the number in the upper-right hand corner of your post (The one for this post is #7680 for example). That'll take you to a new tab that's just your post; copy the URL and use that for your link.

Anyway, reserving a Pokemon for you I'll edit it in in a moment.

EDIT:

Take a Mareep and name it Fluffball. It is fluffy and cute and YOU LOVE IT (even if you don't). So you PAMPER THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR BELOVED FLUFFBALL! If Fluffball ever drops into red health, you must heal it immediately. If it ever gets statused, you must heal it immediately. If it ever faints, you must heal it back beyond half health immediately (in battle with items if you have them, if not, a Pokemon center ASAP) and you feel so bad for it you get it an expensive gift (simulated by buying 10 of the most expensive Pokeballs you can buy and tossing them). You still want Fluffball to feel important though, so have it solo two gyms, one as a Mareep and one as a Flaaffy (Fluffball cannot evolve until said solos are complete). But then, the horrible happens. It evolves again AND LOSES ALL ITS ADORABLE FLUFF. You are so MAD that you REFUSE TO GIVE IT ANY MORE ATTENTION WHATSOEVER, YOU DICK. You do not let it use any items (including hold items, TMs/HMs, and revives), and don't let it solo anyone ever again (meaning it cannot defeat a trainer's entire team by itself).

You horrible, shallow person you.

:P Good luck.

Just to bring it to attention again I need ONE MORE pokemon for my Emerald Scramble, Easy difficulty
I currently have:
Jorge the Mudkip
Cinders the Torkoal
Sailor the Wingull
Sistah the Magnemite
Noisinton the Whismur

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a Grass-type, preferably a Cacturne or Shiftry

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
If I'm allowed to give you 2, then I would give you a lotad (which is grass type), but I don't know if you are ok with that or not.

Yeah, it seems that there aren't a lot of people looking at the scramble thread, so getting a full team from six different people looks like it will take a while. So, yeah, patience is a virtue... that being said, I really want to start too, it will be really fun.

To everyone still waiting for challenges, when you remind people that you still need Pokemon you should:

1) You should really link back to the post with your rules and the scramblemons you already have when you remind people that you still need one so people don't have to go searching for it.
2) You should have the rules and the Pokemon you've already recieved in one post, not split into two.
3) You should either put the challenges you've already recieved in hide tags or just link to the posts where they're submitted (I personally prefer hide tags).

Note that none of this is in the rules or anything but it makes navigating your scramble challenge MUCH easier for everyone. You can look to my base post, Recec's, Present's, etc. for good examples of how to format your post.

Hide tags work like this: [.hide=hideboxtitlehere]content of box here[/.hide]
(remove the periods to make it work). For an example of what hide tags do, just click the link to my challenge in my signature, I have a number of them in my scramble's post.

To find the URL of your individual post, click the number in the upper-right hand corner of your post (The one for this post is #7680 for example). That'll take you to a new tab that's just your post; copy the URL and use that for your link.

Anyway, reserving a Pokemon for you I'll edit it in in a moment.
This will get your challenge filled faster. When you don't provide the people who would be giving you your Pokemon any information on how to do so they're much less likely to do it. Don't make them search for the relevant information and your challenges will be much more likely to be filled.

And for the record, "relevant information" includes ALL your rules, and the WHOLE challenges you have recieved so far. Just a list of what species of Pokemon you've recieved so far isn't enough, because there could still be conflicts between the challenges that aren't apparent from the species alone.

Help us help you, and everything will go a LOT faster for you!

Solner, I'm going to give you Tox the Foonguss. Tox likes draining stuff, so he must have at all times two of Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain and Ingrain. He also looves poison, so of course he must learn Toxic. Not only that, but everyone seems to be attracted to his scent, so Sweet Scent is a must and it should be used at the start of every battle. To evolve he must use Sweet Scent 15 times in the field and beat the pokemon that appear- NO RUNNING. He may forget a draining move for Sludge Bomb once he solos one of Skyla's pokemon.

Hope this isn't too hard. Good Luck

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If I'm allowed to give you 2, then I would give you a lotad (which is grass type), but I don't know if you are ok with that or not.
OP said:
Rule #5: Unless Specified, The Standard Number of Pokemon (That do not break your rules) you can accept is 6, first come first serve. Unless Specified, a Challange giver can only give out 1 Pokemon per Challange.
So yeah. I am afraid you cannot. :/

At any rate, I will give you your last Pokémon, CJorex. Just give me some time. :3

EDIT: @ CJorex: Apologies for the slight delay, but you get Late the Tropius.

Late is very late to the scramble party, so it does not get to do much, & is a little rushed as a result. Late is also late to realise that attacking is good, so Late may only have one attacking move in its movepool at all times until you reach the Pokémon League. In the Pokémon League, however, it gains an extra attacking move which you can teach it.

Have fun.

Alright! I'm ready for my Emerald Scramble! The team I will be using is:

Jorge the Mudkip

Sailor the Wingull

Noisington the Whismur

Cinders the Torkoal

Sistah the Magnemite

Late the Tropius

Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Wish me luck!

Solner, I give you Squirt the Panpour.

Squirt is a Panpour that loves to shoot water out of its mouth all the time. So at first just uses water attacks but over time it gets those urges of wanting a mate. As a strategy, it tries to give a present to the opposite gender but it uses Fling to give the present to the opposite gender. In order to evolve, it must solo a gym leader whose Pokemon are all the opposite gender of Squirt and must Fling on each Pokemon (I'll give the best options for this). After Squirt hands out enough presents to 10 trainer Pokemon of the opposite gender, it can learn 1 non-Water move.

So in summary:

-Squirt starts out using only water moves and must be obtained before leaving Pinwheel Forest but I would like for you to get it at the Dreamyard if you have Snivy as the starter. I let you decide if you want to get at the Dreamyard or Pinwheel Forest but not at Lostlorn Forest.
-It must learn Fling immediately and keep it. Thus you must be carrying a berry on you at all times when this happens.
-It has to use Fling when facing a Pokemon of an opposite gender. Genderless Pokemon do not count except when doing the Gym Leader solo.
-Evolution requirement: solo a Gym Leader whose Pokemon is all the opposite gender (so it must have Recycle when you do the solo)
--If Squirt is a male, solo Skyla (it's the only viable option)
--If Squirt is a female, solo either Clay, Brycan (count Cryogonal as male for the challenge), or Drayden
-To learn 1 non-water move, it must use Fling on 10 trainer Pokemon of the opposite gender.

Let me if you have questions or think it's too hard for you and good luck.

Reserving a mon for Solner.

EDIT: Take a Joltik, named Hercules. He/she/whatever is out to prove that big things come in small packages. First off, Joltik can only know moves with or less than 90 power including STAB (if you're wondering about Electroball, I'd consider it legal, due to standard BP being 60, but whatever you want to go with is fine). Second, to prove how tough he is, he must clear out Dragonspiral Tower of Team Plasma grunts, by himself, no limit on healing. Upon doing this he can evolve and his power limit is lifted. In fact, it's just the opposite, he must now always know the four strongest moves you can teach him. To show of his new strength. He must defeat two Pokemon from each member of the elite 4, and N's Zekrom.

Tl;dr
-Joltik named Hercules
-Joltik cannot know any move stronger than 90 power (including STAB).
-Must solo Dragonspiral Tower
-Can evolve after Dragonspiral Tower
-After evolving, Hercules must know the 4 most powerful attacks you can teach him.
-Must defeat two Pokemon from each elite 4 member
-Must defeat N's Zekrom.

If this is too hard (which I suspect it may be), remove the part about solo'ing Dragonspiral Tower.

Thank you Phoenix and Recec for my last two pokemon. I am 'happy' I got panpour, or else I would've been floored at the beginning with a Lillipup that refused to fight normal types. I'm starting now, and am going to be posting updates for every badge I get, and then the elite 4.

EDIT: Screw it, I didn't want to double post, so I'll just append the first update to this post.

Prologue thing because... idk, just something I wrote.
Eager and excited was how I started, happy and hopeful was my outlook for the future. The companions I would gain had their oddities, but I believe we would make it work. Somehow...
On the eve of my journey, I received an odd letter. It listed six pokemon, all of whom would be joining me. At the bottom of the letter, a single question - 'Will you persevere?'
A challenge, and I would accept, for what better way to complete my journey than be showing that I could overcome, no matter the adversity. I assumed that my anonymous sender would be watching me, and readied myself for the next morning, falling eventually into an uneasy sleep.

Now the actual update: First Gym Badge - Spoon.
The time came for me to choose my first pokemon, and I decided to choose the green thing, because, hell, its green. I then promptly named it Thing, because, well... its a green thing.
Thing and I went on our way until we ran into the first pokemon on the list. Fido, a lillipup that for some reason really liked Thing. In the next town some weird guy with green hair was preaching something. Then another guy with green hair 'talked' to Fido. Deduction: everything green is weird. Eventually, I ended up in the dreamyard, where a girl just happened to have my next team member. I received from here Squirt the panpour.
Back at the pokemon center I left Thing in the computer box, to which Fido defiantly protested. Sadly I had to, for Thing was not one of the chosen.
I bought some potions and pokeballs, and on the way out Fido gave me a hyper potion. He wouldn't tell me where he got it, but I'm sure he stole it. Good boy.
We now stood in front of the gym, our next obstacle. I Chose to let Squirt take care of all the trainers in the gym, but no matter what order I gave, water gun was all she would use. At least Squirt won. After finishing the second trainer in the gym, I headed back to the pokemon center to heal before confronting the gym leader. On the way back inside the gym, I noticed something - there was a giant spoon above the door to the gym. Why was there a giant spoon above the door? Needless to say, Squirt tore Chili up with water gun. I asked if we could take the spoon as a trophy, but they said no. Too bad.

Current Team

Squirt lv.13
-Water gun
-Lick
-Leer
-Scratch
0/1 gym leader solo'd

Fido lv.12
-Tackle
-Bite
-Growl
-Helping Hand
1/15 solo'd

If anyone could give me feedback on this update, it would be good so I could improve the quality of future ones.

Well, my first update on my Emerald Scramble is here! Just so you know, the original post is here. (if the link does not work it is on page 306 of the scramble thread)

Current Info:
Trainer: Chris
ID:55590
Money: $53704
Pokedex: 8
Badges: 3
Pokemon:4/6
Time: 5:29
Team:

Jorge/Marshtomp @Soft Sand
Lv 27
Moves:
-Strength
-Water Gun
-Rock Smash
-Mud Shot
I must be honest, I don't normally use the Mudkip line on my RSE playthroughs, but now I think I've changed my mind on it. Jorge is just fantastic- I'd already fulfilled all his requirements by the time I beat Wattson (Solo Rustboro Gym without leaving the building, get Soft Sand before being able to use Ground attacks, defeat 15 Grass-types).
Rustboro Gym was a sinch- Jorge outsped and OHKO'd all the gym trainers' Geodude, and only really had trouble against Roxanne's Nosepass, eventually managing to beat it in approx. 5 turns, after she used a Potion. I had to go ahead to Slateport before I beat Brawly so I could get Soft Sand, because frankly I was afraid I might accidentally click Mud Shot and fail my challenge. Jorge easily solo'd Wattson, OHKOing his first three Pokemon and 2HKOing Manectric. I wish I could use him against Flannery, but I've set aside soloing her for Sailor. Overall I absolutely love this guy.

Sailor/Pelipper
Lv 26
Moves:
-Steel Wing
-Water Gun
-Shock Wave
-Wing Attack
This guy was my first capture and, frankly, I wasn't expecting much. He missed out on Roxanne because that challenge was set aside for Jorge. Sailor had to prove his versatility to evolve, and that he has done. Although he missed out on Roxanne, he proved his worth by soloing Brawly, something that wasn't compulsary but still happened. He had to learn four different types of attacks before he could evolve, and he did that with this moveset. He has to solo a Gym with these moves to be allowed to learn any more, so I've decided to get it out of the way and plough through Flannery like a tractor in a wheatfield. I don't have any doubts about this guy, He is just so good.

Noisington/Loudred
Lv 24
Moves:
-Uproar
-Strength
-Astonish
-Supersonic
Noisington was certainly a bother to raise when I caught him. He was level 6 and Jorge was already level 16. He didn't take part against Brawly because of the obvious weakness, and Jorge was too busy beating Wattson to let Noisington have some fun. He also won't get to take part against Flannery, because Sailor has to solo her, so his first opportunity will be aginst Norman. On another note, he was a pain because he could not use Sound moves before he evolved, so as a Whismur he was stuck with Pound and Astonish, and now he has to start every battle with a sound move, usually Uproar. Noisington hasn't hit his peak yet, so expect more from him in the future.

Cinders/Torkoal
Lv 24
Moves:
-Ember
-Smog
-Curse
-Body Slam
To be honest, I've never used Torkoal before, so I was certainly interested when I got Cinders as one of my Scramblemons. Cinders was about 6 levels behind my team when I caught him, and training him was a pain since, if the opponent has higher Attack than Special Attack, Cinders has to switch out immediately, until he learns Ironn Defense at level 33. Ember is so weak that usually I just use Body Slam, although Smog has proven useful in that it manages to poison Every Single Time! What Luck! Torkoal is certainly way better than you may think and I definately reccomend him.

I'll bring my next update once I beat Norman. In the meantime, I'll still be lurking the Scramble thread. I just want to let you all know that Scrambles are great fun- if you need help with one I'll gladly oblige.
Arrivederci!
-CJorex

Thanks for the updates both of you. CJorex, nice to see Pelipper pulling its weight. As for Solner, you asked for some feedback. Your update is not bad, but it doesn't really stand out, at least to me. If that is something you would like to do, then you could try adding some more humor, or make it into a real story. Try to describe the gym leader battles in a nice way, say whether solo's were difficult or not; that are things we would like to hear about. The update really is not bad, so keep it up, especially considering it is your first.

Solner, I'm assuming that Squirt is a she from reading Chapter 1 but I would that info in the party box since the gender is rather important for Squirt's challange. Also maybe put your opinion on each member in the party box as you do your challange.

Second Update Thingy

Psywave(Female)
Lv.20
-Psywave
-Hypnosis
-Moonlight
-Psybeam

15/20 Solo'd with Psywave
0/1 Male Gym Leader solo'd
0/1 Female Gym Leader solo'd

I am hating this thing. It can survive most hits, but the biggest problem is freaking Psywave and its accuracy and random damage. It's not doing as bad as I thought it would, but that isn't saying much.the solos this thing needs are going to give me a headache.

Fido(Male)
Lv.21
-Take Down
-Tackle
-Work Up
-Bite

6/15 Trainer's pokemon ko'ed on switch in

My initial thoughts on this guy was that he was going to be my easiest team member. Though I now know that his evolution requirements aren't hard, just situational. The thing I could see happening though is that his other condition is going to happen a lot when I am trying to level up Foonguss and Joltik. And he is a thief. He found 6 more hyper potions after that first one.

Clay(Male)
Lv. 22
-Low Sweep
-Rock Smash
-Counter
-Double Kick

1/1 Gyms solo'd with Rock Smash

This guy is completely wreaking everything! His challenge wasn't hard, but his habit of resting has yet to be seen. Good thing he has sturdy, because that is the only reason the Gym was easy. I don't see him falling off anytime soon.

Squirt(Female)
Lv. 22
-Scratch
-Scald
-Lick
-Water Gun
Spam water gun. That is all this thing has been. I grinded up to scald because she really needed it. Though this thing is going to be an absolute nightmare when it reaches level 28. If anyone has any idea where I can find enough berries to keep this thing going, I'd really appreciate it.

So yeah, overall nothing bad, so far just Psywave's psywave and Fido switching in so often are it. I wonder how it'll be after I beat Burgh.

Thanks for the feedback, Present. I think I am going to abandon the story part for now, because I want to actually just say how all the pokes and their conditions are going. I'll try the story thing on one in the future. With how this one is going, I can really tell that am going to want to go for a much harder one afterwards.

@CJCorek
The one thing I can't get past is that we both just beat Flannery in our scrambles... only you've had your scramble for 2 days and I've had mine for over 2 months XD. It doesn't help that making video updates take so goddamn long and can be such a pain... I think I'll be returning to a written format after this one. Your update is fine, you describe how each member is doing well. It's funny, the multi-gym update is a throwback to the old scramble thread, before everyone started doing long updates every badge (I'm pretty sure I was the one who started that trend actually). It still works of course, and it's not like everyone needs to make an epic story or let's play out of their scrambles!

@Solner
I agree that your first update was kind of bland, though it is clear you tried to inject some humor (the bit where you told Fido "good boy" for stealing shit brought a chuckle). It just kind of lacked personality, and there's no real way to give advice on how to improve that. It just gave me the feeling that your heart wasn't really into it. I think just sticking to the way you did the second update will probably be better for you. As I said for CJCorex, not every update needs to be an epic tale or let's play.

@everyone

As for my own update, I'll have it uploaded in the next few days. I have it all recorded, I just need to edit it... which is a boring, 2-3 hour process unfortunately. I can't believe I thought this might actually be easier to do than writing when I started it XD

Okay! My second update is here! At the moment I am in the Magma Hideout, having just defeated Winona, and have lso completed my team now. The original post is here and the first update is here.

Team:

Jorge the Marshtomp
Lv 34
-Strength
-Surf
-Rock Smash
-Mud Shot
Jorge is just as good as ever, although he is starting to lose some of his luster in still being NFE. Thank goodness he is only two levels away from evolution. His only major battle recently was helping against Norman's Slaking, and even then he lost. I'm hoping now that he can help against Tate and Liza, but I will also need him against Team Magma so he may see more use now.

Sailor the Pelipper
Lv 33
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Shock Wave
-Fly
Sailor is becoming a bit of a powerhouse- he has defeated Norman's Slaking and Linoone, as well as Winona's Pelipper and Altaria. The most versatility makes him an amazing team player; thanks to Present on an excellent choice

Noisington the Loudred
Lv 33
-Uproar
-Strength
-Astonish
-Supersonic
Noisington has finally made his Gym debut, gaining close wins against Norman's Vigoroth and Winona's Swablu. He really needs to learn more moves, so it is fortunate that I can get some good TMs from the Lilycove Department Store. He is also a bit frail, and I am annoyed that he doesn't evolve until level 40 but, whatever, I'm stuck with him for now.

Cinders the Torkoal
Lv 33
-Flamethrower
-Overheat
-Iron Defense
-Body Slam
Torkoal is SERIOUSLY underrated- forget the low speed and shallow movepool, Torkoal has decent Special Attack and amazing Defense. Cinder knows Iron Defense now, so he doesn't have to constantly switch out. He has also made his gym debut against Norman, having a sizable win against his Spinda. He was helpful against Winona, destroying her Tropius. Definately one to look out for.

Sistah the Magneton
Lv 33
-Supersonic
-Sonicboom
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
Sistah came along right after Norman and immediately showed her worth. She almost straight away completed her goal to defeat Baltoy and Spoink. She is going to have to battle Tate and Liza with Jorge, but until then I must maintain that she is Awesome. Against Winona she shone, trashing Skarmory, and is definately my most powerful pokemon.

Late the Tropius
Lv 33
-Growth
-Magical Leaf
-Toxic
-Whirlwind
The latest addition to my team and honestly, quite underwheming. Only being allowed to have one damaging attack hurts, but not as much as Tropius' pitiful stats. She is useful against Team Aqua, but that's about it.

Here is chapter 7 of my Scramble where Depressed takes on the all-female Goldenrod City Gym.

To prepare for the upcoming Gym match, I did some training with Dratini, Joey, and Batman. Even though those three were not going to fight in the Gym, it was a necessary evil to satisfy them. Well maybe not Dratini but it needs to be closer to the party in terms of level. As I trained Dratini, I discover its own quirk. It was using only Dragon-type moves and refuses to use any other move that was not Dragon type. I can see why they had this Dratini for 2100 at the Game Corner now. It’s Quote all over again. DAMN YOU, ELM!

I had to satisfy Joey and Batman since they have a complex of needing to be at the top of the party. So I have to create a buffer zone so Depressed can take on the entire Gym without making either Joey or Batman feeling inferior. During the training, Batman had evolved into a Golbat. Also I got a call from the bike shop saying that I can keep the bike since he’s now getting customers from riding around with it. Strange I don’t recall seeing people around when I was training. Also I call from Lyra saying something Marill being smelly and needed a bath. I wasn’t really paying attention to it and seem pointless as usual. If she would come on to me in a more interesting, then we might have something but she’s way into her Marill to give a damn about that. So I finished creating my buffer zone and ready to take on the Goldenrod Gym with Depressed.

The Goldenrod Gym seem very girly and found out that it was a Normal-type Gym with all-female trainers. The gym itself reflected from the female influence with the various flowers and pink floor. There were four female members I had to fight before facing the Gym Leader. Their Pokemon were normally all cute except for Snubbull which I think it was ugly especially since it was a female. Even their Pokemon were all female. So sexists. With a combination of Rock Smash and Headbutt, Depressed defeated all the trainers’ Pokemon. I healed up Depressed and challenge the Gym Leader, Whitney who I actually met before at the Radio Tower. So the crazy chick was actually a Gym leader of the all-female Gym. Who knew.

Whitney sends her Clefairy that Depressed had no trouble with dealing. The only thing Clefairy did was Mimic Rock Smash but Depressed was able to out speed it with another Rock Smash. Her remaining Pokemon was a Miltank. At first glance, it look harmless and easy to defeat but underneath that cute exterior, it was a fierce warrior. Miltank used Attract on Depressed which it fell under the advances of the female Miltank. This move was the beginning of a fierce attack from the Miltank. With Depressed deeply in love with the Miltank along with the Miltank using Stomp, I was at a disadvantage since the chance of Depressed not flinching and being able to attack while in love with the Miltank was rather about 35%.

At the same time I had to make sure that Depressed didn’t fall into the critical range on health or Batman would jump in to save it. With a combination of Roost and Super Potions, I somehow able to keep Depressed from falling into critical health and even when it did fall into critical once, it managed to use Roost boost its health back into the green. With its Serene Grace ability, Depressed’s Rock Smash was able to reduce the defense of the Miltank when he could actually attack her. Even when Whitney used a Super Potion to heal the Miltank’s health, she was unable to correct the reduction in its defense. After the Miltank got tired of stomping Depressed, it began to use Rollout. I feel that Whitney was getting desperate and want to finish the battle soon. The Rollout attack didn’t hit Depressed hard at first but with consecutive hits, it got stronger. By the fourth Rollout, Depressed’s health went back in the critical range but he managed to get over its artificial love of the Miltank long enough to deliver a mighty Rock Smash blow to knock out the Miltank.

After her Miltank was KO, Whitney immediately began to cry and refused to give me the Plain Badge until after she stopped crying. At least she didn’t have pathetic Pokemon like Metapod and Kakuna like Bugsy did so I let the crying slide even though there’s no crying in Pokemon battles. The Plain Badge would allow me to use Strength outside of battle and also Whitney gave a TM that contains the move that the Miltank battle so hard, Attract. Whitney mentions something about the Pokeathlon Stadium being near the National Park and should check it out. I don’t know where the next Gym is but maybe the Pokeathlon Stadium might be an interesting side trip.

Quote the Level 17 Gentle Male Quilava - Jiimera0
Current BP Limit: 115 (+0 from doing little)

Opinion: Quote is really hurt not by his own restrictions but the level placing of Joey and Batman. He wasn't used even once in this chapter.

Current Moves:
Quick Attack (40 BP)
Cut (50 BP)
Smokescreen
Ember (60 BP)

Joey the Level 23 Rash Male Raticate - Recec
Ability: Guts
Rattatas solo: 20/20

Opinion: Joey was primary used to gain enough levels so Depressed could fight the entire Goldenrod Gym without worrying that would encroach in its spot as number 1.

Current Moves:
Rock Smash
Sucker Punch
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Batman the Level 22 Mild Male Golbat - Present
Ability: Inner Focus

Opinion: Batman was like Joey in terms of gaining levels so Depressed can safely gain levels without encroaching on the number 2 spot. It also evolve to Golbat towards the end and probably evolve in Crobat at any time since it has been with me as a level 2 Zubat. It still needs to solo a Gym leader to evolve into Crobat though.

Current Moves:
Leech Life
Wing Attack (usable due to soloing Proton)
Astonish
Bite

Depressed the Level 20 Male Lax Dunsparce - inanimate_blob
Ability: Serene Grace

Opinion: Depressed was able to take on Whitney's Gym with little problem except for Whitney's Miltank. I really hate Attract especially the only way to remove it is to switch. I rather have paralysis than be a victim of Attract. Only 25% of not attacking is better than 50%. Being male was almost the downfall of Depressed but Serene Grace prevented that. With 100% chance of lowering Miltank's defenses with Rock Smash, it lowered the defense of Miltank so much that it could take away over 50% of its remaining health in one blow. If I had Run Away as its ability, I probably have been screwed.

At least it has completed one half of its gym soloing requirement.

Current Moves:
Headbutt
Rock Tomb
Roost
Rock Smash

Stubborn the Level 18 Brave Female Magikarp - King Serperior
Ability: Swift Swim

Opinion: She was close of gaining a level and so I let her gain a level. I feel she probably evolve in the next chapter and be a fearsome member of the team.

Current Moves:
Splash
Tackle

Dratini from the Game Corner the Level 18 Jolly Male Dratini - Organization Member XIV
Ability: Shed Skin

Opinion: Not much to say about except Twister seems to deal okay damage but Dragon Rage will soon be outclassed by high level Pokemon with more HP.

Current Moves:
Leer (unusable)
Thunder Wave (unusable)
Twister
Dragon Rage

The next chapter I feel it will be mostly about Quote, Stubborn, and Dratini as they train against the slew of trainers on the various routes to the next Gym. Quote will probably increase BP limit from soloing trainers since he probably not be able to solo Soul and definitely not the Gym Leader since Batman will fight the next Gym Leader because he needs to evolve ASAP.

The original OP is in my sig which I have the links to the previous chapters in the OP as well.

Update again! I didn't feel like waiting as I originally said, so it's a huge jump forward. I have 6 badges currently.

Clay (male)
Lv. 39
-Low Sweep
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Brick Break

1/1 gyms solo'd with rock smash

Clay is still going strong. The rest of the team has caught up to him, but he can lay the smack down on anything that doesn't resist fighting. Low sweep helps a lot.

Hercules (Male)
Lv. 39
-Electroweb
-Bug Bite
-Gastro Acid
-Slash

0/1 Dragonspiral Tower solo'd
0/8 Elite four pokes solo'd
0/1 N's Zekrom defeated

I... this is weird. I was expecting Hercules to be a lot harder to use than he has been so far. But so far he's been pulling his own weight quite well. He 1 or 2 HKO'd everyone in except for one pokemon in Skyla's gym. I am not looking forward to Dragonspiral Tower though.

Psywave (Female)
Lv. 39
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Charge Beam
-Hypnosis

1/1 Male gym leader solo'd
1/1 Female gym leader solo'd
20/20 Trainer pokemon solo'd with Psywave

Psywave has been doing excellently. Bulky as hell, and can hit back and debilitate just as well back. The attack Psywave as really been helpful against the more bulky enemies. Psywave still has shaky accuracy though. Psywave solo'd Burgh as a Munna and Elesa as a Musharna, just in case anyone is curious.

Squirt (Female)
Lv. 39
Recycle
-Scald
-Fling
-Shadow Claw

10/10 Berries flung at Trainer pokemon

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Squirt has given me so many headaches! This is my only team member who as proven to be a complete ass. Having to waste two turns on each individual pokemon on a solo is incredibly difficult. Add to that the horrible base stats that it had as a panpour, and you get Excadrill F***ing me up the ass about 14 times before I finally completed the solo.

Fido (Male)
Lv. 39
-Ice Fang
-Tackle
-Retaliate
-Crunch

15/15 trainer pokes KO'd after switching in

Fido himself is really solid. No problems with his typing or attacks, though I am pretty sure someone is going to wonder why I've kept tackle this entire time. The only problem with him is his second condition. It is so annoying when I have to switch him in every time. Even more annoying is how often I forget to heal my first pokemon, so as soon as the battle starts I have to switch out.

Tox (Male)
Lv. 39
-Toxic
-Ingrain
-Sweet Scent
-Giga Drain

1/1 Skyla's pokemon solo'd
15/15 pokemon solo'd after SS in the field. (All in a row)

Bulky, bulky mushroom, fat, fat mushroom, take a hit, take a hit, dance it off and Giga Drain! - random little jingle I started singing after he evolved, and tanked Skyla's Swanna like a beast. Tox has a huge amount of hp. I never noticed that Toxic took a accuracy hit, so Sweet Scent really helps with that. Other than that, he just sits there and lets poison do the work. No problems here, except for type coverage.

Overall, everyone is doing good, except for Squirt. I HATE SQUIRT. It can go slip on a banana peel and fall off a cliff for all I care. Dragonspiral tower is next, and I am hoping it goes smoothly.

Wow, it didn't take long for me to get overtaken, anyway, here's my 6th installment. No link to the OP this time, because it's right there in my signature. Nah, I think I'll put a link in here because I can't guarantee I'll never change my sig.

First off, I've never actually seen that play. My school was going to see it, but I was sick that day... anyway.

I had just defeated DAD NORMAN when WALLY'S DAD WHATEVER HIS NAME IS, came in and kidnapped me, but then he gave me the HM for Surf, so I guess he's a more loving father than Norman. Anyway, I slapped that on RNG, screw Water Gun!

I decided to stop off in Littleroot Town to pick up the Amulet Coin from mum. But there was an awkward conversation, that went something like this.

Oh, you a have a PokeNav?
I guess you wouldn't mind if I put my number in there?

I think she's upset that I never visit. But I got the Amulet Coin anyway, so I guess she wasn't that mad.

So the first thing I did was level up Random to make her evolve, because I earned that evolution, and there's nothing you can do to take it away from me.

Then we decided to go surfing along those sea routes that you skip out on because of the Mr Briney thing. Anyways, now we all know Pokemon is notorious for having TARDIS's for buildings (i.e. they're all bigger on the inside) but the Abandoned Ship really takes the cake. Seriously everyone go take out your copies of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and look at it. From the outside: tiny. Inside: colossal.

While exploring the ship I met an NPC who had one of the best lines I've ever seen. 'Yay! It's a ship!'... Who wrote that and thought that was good? Inside the ship Gorgeous evolved into the gorgeous MALE Gardevoir, and we acquired TM13 Ice Beam (the user and the technical machine).

After I was satisfied there was no more of the ship I could explore, I went to Mauville and found Wattson, who needed somebody to shut down the dangerous generator that was setting off crazy amounts of electricity. So he volunteered me. To be fair, I would send a 10 year old child there before I did it myself too, so I can't really blame him, and I did get the TM for Thunderbolt out of it. So that's good I guess.

So I finally crossed that tiny patch of ocean and got to the eastern side of Hoenn, where I met Gabby and Ty. Here's an interesting fact. I got Pokemon Ruby for my 9th birthday, I am now 18, only here, now, over 9 years later, did I realise that Gabby is called Gabby, because she talks a lot. I am so bad with pun names, like ridiculously.

I then briefly spoke to Steven, and then considered doing the Steven battle at the end of this game. But screw that I don't want to. I've got a back catalogue of games piling up anyway. Then I ran into a bird keeper named Hugh. I immediately grabbed my laptop and played Hugh's theme over the battle, because fun, that's why.

After journeying through the long grass of no bike riding I arrived at the Weather Institute, and came face to face with Team Aqua. I could have sworn it was Team Magma, but no, apparently, it's Aqua. Anyway, I misclicked (I guess) on the bed in there and had two naps before dealing with the eco-terrorists.

In the resulting boss battle, RNG got RNG screwed and was flinched/confused to death by Shelly's Mighteyena. Man, I really hate, random number generators, they are always screwing me over. *cough*Present*cough* In this battle Boombox reached her 50 move quota so she's allowed to evolve at level 40.

After healing up, I met May, then she gave me Fly, and I was like sweet, but then she challenged me to a battle, I don't remember this battle being here! Was it a battle in Sapphire? Because I don't think it was. (By now you've probably figured out that I own all three versions. Yes, I was one of those kids.)

After beating May, no problem, I headed north as the storm got stronger. And I accidently timed some NPC dialogue really well with the thunderclaps. "I emerge from the shadows to challenge you" *thunder*. "To hide a tree use a forest" *thunder*. It was crazy I tell you.

So after being annoyed that you have to walk in the treetops of Fortree City, so basically everywhere! I went on to Route 120. Where Steven was standing, blocking the path with an invisible Keckleon. Then there was some sales pitch about the DEVON scope. I pointed out that it was a SILPH scope clone, but he wouldn't have none of that, so he made me fight a Keckleon. Whatever. I then took the silph "devon" scope and used it to scare off a Keckleon that was blocking the gym. Because gyms are all I care about.

Now, while I would have liked to solo with RNG, I thought 'screw that, Boombox needs to solo'. And solo she did. Seriously, I just set up 6 Howls against that Swablu and proceeded to sweep, kind of. That Skarmory was a massive road block. Even at +6 attack, it was a 3HKO, and it just spammed Sand-Attack on me. So against Altaria, who incidently, just bareley survived a +6 STAB Silk Scarf boosted Uproar, I set up a Supersonic. Unfortunatley for me, I then kept missing with Uproar, while it set up 2 Dragon Dances, but then it hit itself and died, so it sorted itself out in the end.

With that solo complete that just leaves one more, for RNG to do, and all then all the gym solo's will be done.

RNG/Marshtomp (M) @Amulet Coin
Lv.34
Nature: Quiet
Foresight
Growl
Mud Sport
Surf
2/3 gym leader solo's

Surf is nice to have, so much better than Water gun. RNG didn't do anything spectacular this part I guess. No one did really.

Gorgeous/Gardevoir (M)
Lv. 34
Psychic
Confusion
Double Team
Calm Mind

Evolution! Male! Gorgeous! Yeah... I'm done here.

Boombox/Loudred (F) @ Silk Scarf
Lv. 35
Stomp
Uproar
Supersonic
Howl
50/50 moves used.

I was a little excited and forgot the challenge when I taught her Stomp, but I never used it though. So I guess it doesn't matter. Have to say, even though she solo'd a gym and all. I'm very disappointed by how pathetic +6 Uproar is. I remember once when she was the hardest hitter on the team. Oh well, she'll evolve soon, so i guess she'll get better then.

Random/Hariyama (F) @Persim Berry
Lv. 33
Metronome
Vital Throw
Smellingsalt
Arm Thrust

Despite being very excited to have her evolved, I didn't use her at all in this segment of the game, except right at the beginning to get her to evolve. Because I "forgot" to mention the highlights of Metronome last time, I might as well put them down here.

Blast Burn, Luster Purge... twice, Selfdestruct, Softboiled twice followed by Moonlight.

Booster/Torkoal (M) @Quick Claw
Lv. 34
Flamethower
Body Slam
Iron Defence
Protect

I have to say, I agree with CJorex (I think that's your name). Very underrated Pokemon. Booster handles everything (including water types) no problem, and don't get me started on ground types.

STRONG/Spinda (F)
Lv. 34
Nature: Quiet (force of habit) Mild
Rock Smash
Psybeam
Teeter Dance
Strength

Teeter Dance because, why the hell not, right? Rock Smash is very underwhelming, Strength is very overwhelming. Honestly, she's doing a lot better than I thought she would, considering 60 60 60 60 60 60 stats.

I think this has been my longest update so far. I don't know for sure, I can't be bothered to check. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Last update for my pokemon black scramble. The ending went kind of fast.

Clay (male)
Lv. 52
-Low Sweep
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Close Combat

1/1 gyms solo'd with rock smash

Clay wiped through half of Ghetsis' team before I had to rest and he was KO'ed by Electross. This guy was powerful, but sadly I didn't get to use him as much as I would have liked near the end. I had to play it safe since I couldn't use a revive on him.

Hercules (Male)
Lv. 54
-Wild Charge
-X-Scissor
-Discharge
-Thunder

1/1 Dragonspiral Tower solo'd
8/8 Elite four pokes solo'd
1/1 N's Zekrom defeated

Hercules stole the spotlight once we got to Dragonspiral Tower. He tore through everyone, surprisingly(Though a lot of credit can be given to the evolite), and after evolving he was able to demolish anyone who didn't resist thunder. Defense was paper though, and he couldn't take more than two hits. That and his move set got really redundant at the end. Those were technically the most powerful moves I could get him. All in all, this guy was a monster. The fight with Zekrom was pure luck, however. I thundered him, and he was paralyzed, then I proceeded to X-Scissor, and he used Light Screen. He was fully paralyzed for two turns, and the last X-Scissor crit him. Lucky he decided to not use a full restore. Definitely the most powerful member of my team.

Psywave (Female)
Lv. 49
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Charge Beam
-Hypnosis

1/1 Female gym leader solo'd
20/20 Trainer pokemon solo'd with Psywave

Psywave's poor speed and lack of resistances started to show as everything was able to knock her out in a few hits. Helped a lot with Caitlin and Marshall, but that was it. Most of the time she just took hits while I healed everyone else.

Squirt (Female)
Lv. 41
-Recycle
-Scald
-Fling
-Shadow Claw

10/10 Berries flung at Trainer pokemon

Yeah... I ran out of berries. Bad management on my part.

Fido (Male)
Lv. 51
-Ice Fang
-Last Resort
-Wild Charge
-Crunch

15/15 trainer pokes KO'd after switching in

Fido's need to switch in diminished as the game went on, due to the fact that everyone was either surviving well or just being knocked out. He was the most balanced team member by far, and I really enjoyed the one satisfying moment when I got to Finish off Ghetsis with Last Resort.

Tox (Male)
Lv. 51
-Toxic
-Sludge Bomb
-Sweet Scent
-Giga Drain

1/1 Skyla's pokemon solo'd
15/15 pokemon solo'd after SS in the field. (All in a row)

Tox preformed well, although having to Sweet Scent at the beginning of every fight really hindered him. Funny enough, I solo'd Drayden with him.

This scramble run thing is really fun. I enjoyed my first one, it was refreshing to go through the game again with this team. I know really like Sawk, and really hate Simipour. Thank you all who gave me my team, and while I don't really expect anyone to have enjoyed this, thank you for reading it anyway.

On a side note -
If I were to try a comic thing for my next one, would this level of drawing skills suffice, you think?

Or this

@Recec lol at your 'quiet' team. I bet that it is Gorgeous' fault.

EDIT: I just noticed that no one but me could see the pictures. Sorry about that.

Ok first update!! So starting on the journey we received our first pokemon, a totodile named Chompers. Chompers easily plowed through routes 29-31, the only worry being sprout tower, since I don't get my second until the ruins of alph. However, it didn't turn out to be an issue due to only ONE of the bellsprouts even USED vine whip before dying to a couple scratches. Falkner's gym wasn't any problem either as Chompers simply UNLEASHED HIS RAGE and destroyed the place. (Though Chompers has yet to even have his conditions BESTOWED FROM ABOVE, I'm enjoying him so far! I've never used totodile before)

Totodile [Chompers] Level 16

-- Scratch
-- Leer
-- Rage
-- Water Gun

(0/1) Pryces solo'd
(0/2) Clair's pokes solo'd

Last update for my pokemon black scramble. The ending went kind of fast.

Hercules (Male)
Lv. 54
-Wild Charge
-X-Scissor
-Discharge
-Thunder

1/1 Dragonspiral Tower solo'd
8/8 Elite four pokes solo'd
1/1 N's Zekrom defeated

Hercules stole the spotlight once we got to Dragonspiral Tower. He tore through everyone, surprisingly(Though a lot of credit can be given to the evolite), and after evolving he was able to demolish anyone who didn't resist thunder. Defense was paper though, and he couldn't take more than two hits. That and his move set got really redundant at the end. Those were technically the most powerful moves I could get him. All in all, this guy was a monster. The fight with Zekrom was pure luck, however. I thundered him, and he was paralyzed, then I proceeded to X-Scissor, and he used Light Screen. He was fully paralyzed for two turns, and the last X-Scissor crit him. Lucky he decided to not use a full restore. Definitely the most powerful member of my team.

@Recec lol at your 'quiet' team. I bet that it is Gorgeous' fault.
I'm glad Hercules worked out as I planned. A powerful, yet redundant moveset. I hope he was enjoyable. I'm new to giving out challenges and some of them have been really bad. (Sorry Phoenix512.)

And I like the idea of the team being quiet because of Gorgeous. It is now canon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)