Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

alright guys, i'll be playing heart gold, medium difficulty and please, no starters, or legendaries. trading is on the table
Clutch, take Destructo the Koffing. Destructo has impatience and anger management issues, therefore: if Destructo fails to KO a pokemon that is at full health in 4 turns, Destructo must use either Self-Destruct, Explosion, or Memento (Your choice, but you have to have at least 1 of those moves). If Destructo has not yet learned either of those moves, and fails to KO a poke in 4 turns, you must then switch Destructo out and not use him again until you reach a Pokemon Center. No restrictions on evolving. Have fun!

Cyndaquil has always been able to use Quick Attack. He just got it stupidly late in Gen 2, so since nobody used it because lolBase40PowerNearTheE4 (It was something like Level 31)

In other news, I want to start a Platinum Scramble. I know I wanted to start one a few days ago, but no one was interested. Let's make it about Movie Characters. I'd like four ladies and four gentleman. Medium Difficulty, if you would? (Female Combee is a no-no. I am not waiting for something that long. The others will be fine)

Cyndaquil has always been able to use Quick Attack. He just got it stupidly late in Gen 2, so since nobody used it because lolBase40PowerNearTheE4 (It was something like Level 31)

In other news, I want to start a Platinum Scramble. I know I wanted to start one a few days ago, but no one was interested. Let's make it about Movie Characters. I'd like four ladies and four gentleman. Medium Difficulty, if you would? (Female Combee is a no-no. I am not waiting for something that long. The others will be fine)
I'll give you a gentleman from one of my favorite movies (or rather, a series).

Take 007 the Shinx.

007 takes it upon himself to do the British Secret Service's duties, even when in Pokémon form.

Your first mission is to discover the missing item - a Dusk Ball. After receiving your first Dusk Ball, 007 receives his first gadget - Electric-type moves!

Your second mission is for when you become a Luxio. Fantina has been snooding around for you, but you have to sleep with her to gather data for your next mission. Solo Fantina and receive your next gadget - the ability to evolve into Luxray!

As a Luxray, 007 is called back to the UK to go watch his wife die or something. You MAY NOT use 007 while he's gone (pick a Gym, you can't use Luxray until you beat the next gym).

Finally, 007 has all the intel he needs to take down the true mastermind - Cyrus (cliché, I know). Beat down Cyrus by soloing him.

You have one final mission as 007, however - give your gadgets back to Q branch, and report back to M! As such, you must beat one (1) of Volkner's Pokémon (losing your Electric-type moves), and one (1) of Bertha's Pokémon.

Clutch, take La Pris the Lapras. La Pris loves her voice, and so must always know sing and use it at the start of every battle. To allow more people to hear her voice, she must lead off and use sing in every major battle not included in a solo. However, once you beat the elite four, her voice turns hoarse and so Sing becomes Perish Song. Because she has lost her voice, La Pris decides that she can no longer sing to please. If she dips into red HP she must immediately use Perish Song and not switch out or heal.
Hope you like it

I'll give you a gentleman from one of my favorite movies (or rather, a series).

Take 007 the Shinx.

007 takes it upon himself to do the British Secret Service's duties, even when in Pokémon form.

Your first mission is to discover the missing item - a Dusk Ball. After receiving your first Dusk Ball, 007 receives his first gadget - Electric-type moves!

Your second mission is for when you become a Luxio. Fantina has been snooding around for you, but you have to sleep with her to gather data for your next mission. Solo Fantina and receive your next gadget - the ability to evolve into Luxray!

As a Luxray, 007 is called back to the UK to go watch his wife die or something. You MAY NOT use 007 while he's gone (pick a Gym, you can't use Luxray until you beat the next gym).

Finally, 007 has all the intel he needs to take down the true mastermind - Cyrus (cliché, I know). Beat down Cyrus by soloing him.

You have one final mission as 007, however - give your gadgets back to Q branch, and report back to M! As such, you must beat one (1) of Volkner's Pokémon (losing your Electric-type moves), and one (1) of Bertha's Pokémon.
Bertha's gonna be a pain in the ass. All of her Pokemon have either EQ or Earth Power on them. Accepting anyway, I'll figure out how to get past that hurdle.

Celever, how long do you need to put together my challange? Your challange is the only thing holding me up from starting

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Sorry sorry, I had a busy day today but am making it now.

Take midget the joltik.
Midget has always been picked on by other pokemon for being so short, so it must solo 25 trainer-owned pokemon, 1 of which from a gym leader, with a height of 1.6m (5'03") or above and once it does it can evolve into galvantula.
As a galvantula it forgot that it got taller, so it can use only moves of 65 BP or less as it still thinks it is its miniature self. Being confused at how tall it is though, it must solo 10 trainer-owned pokemon that are 0.8m (2'07") or below.

65 bp or less? Bit harsh for what is supposed to be an easy challange. That basically wipes out Galvantula's entire movepool. Other parts are good, though

Celever

i am town
It lets galvantula keep nice dual STAB in electroweb and bug bite!
Besides, we don't want it too easy now, you need some challenge after you are done with the solos lol.

OMG BLOB IS BOSS.

But seriously, I'll take that as an accept then cjorex? lol

65 bp or less? Bit harsh for what is supposed to be an easy challange. That basically wipes out Galvantula's entire movepool. Other parts are good, though
Gosh, so picky. I would just take the challenge, here's the movepool you can still use:

String Shot
Leech Life
Spider Web
Thunder Wave
Screech
Fury Cutter
Electroweb
Bug Bite
Gastro Acid
Electro Ball
Agility
Toxic
Hidden Power (maybe)
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration (maybe)
Return (maybe)
Double Team
Rest
Attract
Thief
Round
Charge Beam
Flash
Struggle Bug
Cut
Magnet Rise
Sleep Talk
Snore

Bolded moves are ones that are viable. You still have a lot, I'm just tired of seeing so many challenges be turned down/changed.

Give me all you like! I'll only accept second/third/fourth challanges if I like them though
This is the second challange celever gave me, and so I am allowed to turn this one down. I only have to take the first challange someone gives me- any extras are optional

Celever

i am town
This is the second challange celever gave me, and so I am allowed to turn this one down. I only have to take the first challange someone gives me- any extras are optional
And here I was thinking that you were in a rush to get under way!

tbh you really do turn down so many challenges or edit so many challenges that you may as well give the restrictions to yourself!

Edit: If its my call I'll stick with 65 then!

I decided I was being a bit irrational and so I am more than happy to take Midget now. So, now I'm already to go! First chapter coming soon. The scramblemons I am using are:

Invisible the Cryogonal (Its_a_Random)
CJorex: You might want to define what you mean by "absurd restrictions"... Anyhow, you get Invisible the Cryogonal.

Well, Cryogonal are as elusive as... well, legends, & they are hard to catch, since they have a tendency to... disappear. This Cryogonal in particular, since it likes to use Acid Armour. So... Invisible must know & keep Acid Armour, since well, it helps it disappear when you are not looking, particularly in battle against other trainers, where it wants to disappear at least once against them when it comes out. So, if it comes out in a trainer battle, it must use Acid Armour at least once over the course of the battle. And because you asked for an easy challenge, Invisible decides to make its challenge easier for you by not having any further restrictions, since, well, all it likes to do is... disappear...

Have fun. *Disappears into the darkness once more*

Pido the Lillipup (Recec)
Take Pido the Lillipup. (Get it? Fido + Pie. Coz he looks like someone threw pie in his face.) Pido is a very old Lillipup, but is now afraid that he has wasted most of his life never leaving the confines of route 1 (or whichever route you decide to catch him on) and has decidehttp://www.smogon.com/forums/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=4626522d to join you on your journey. Something I've noticed about the elderly is they don't like new ideas, and he/she especially doesn't like Plasma's ideas to release all Pokemon. In order to evolve for the first time, Pido must solo 10 team plasma grunts / N battles. (I know you said no more than 2 solos, but these are just generic grunts, so I figure you won't care.)

Now I don't know if this is going to encroach on 'absurd', but to go along with Pido's refusal to open up to new ideas, Pido can't use any moves that were introduced in gen 5, until it becomes a Stoutland (whenever you want) and gains wisdom and an open mind with its new form.

Beauty the Trubbish (Dodgerr)
@CJorex, take Beauty the Trubbish. Beauty honestly believes that is the most beautiful pokemon out there. It must learn Attract as soon as possible, and then use it immediately when it is sent out. To evolve, it must solo Elesa's Zebstrika, as this is renowned as the most beautiful pokemon in Unova!

Slendeer the Deerling (Shiruba)
I have Slendeer the Deerling waiting for you behind my house, if you'll accept him. I'll tell you his story.

So, my mother bought a deer made of lights as a Christmas decoration this year. It's in the back yard, now, but it really creeps me out. It's next to the window by the door to my room, and whenever I walk by, I have a feeling it will turn its head and look at me; so, I try to keep the blinds closed, just to calm my nerves.

Slendeer must always be in the back of your party, as he is always following you silently, sneaking up on you. The exception is in a forested area, with many trees, where Slendeer is in his element; here, he leads, always, unless it interferes with another challenge.

Slendeer must always know the moves Faint Attack - for ambushing - and Jump Kick, for pouncing from trees. He may not learn Return, as he doesn't like you - he's haunting you.

If you decide to take this challenge, good luck.

Sonnet the Ducklett (inanimate blob)
Take Sonnet the Ducklett. Sonnet wants to become a famous ballerina one day, but there's just one problem - Sonnet is a male. As such, he has to try much harder to overcome everyone's opinion that ballerinas cannot be true. In order to evolve, Sonnet must use Featherdance a total of 20 times in order to prove that he is the dancer he wants to become. As a Swanna, he wants to rise above the normal standard for a Swanna, and must keep Featherdance and only learn one HM move (pick wisely). Additionally, he must continue his dream of becoming the best ballerina ever by leading off every battle with Featherdance.

To Sum Up
-Must be male Ducklett.
-Must use Featherdance 20 times to evolve.
-May only learn one HM move.
-Must lead every battle as a Swanna with Featherdance.

Will/Luna the Audino (Geodude6)
Take an Audino (name is dependent on gender: Will if male, Luna if female). Wil/Luna likes to take a backseat to most group events, spectating rather than actually participating. So, s/he may not battle AT ALL for 8 hours in-game time or two days real time after catching him/her. After that, s/he gets motivated and begins to participate. No restrictions after that.

Typed the Stunfisk (Celever)
Take typed the stunfisk!
Typed is always angry when someone mistakes its typing. It is electric and ground type and it is proud of it, and when people say it is water type or even flying type (
) It gets unbelievably angry! It must solo every water, flying or rock type (rock is associated with brown, stunfisk is brown) you run into (even wild ones) and you know the deal. Switch in and defeat them or stay in and defeat them. If you fail to do so, typed will not even be in your party for the next 10 trainer fights you partake in. (no exp. shares ;))
You asked for it easy, but let me just add to solo 6 trainers in victory road because they are all noobs in there and don't stunfisk's real typing. These solos take priority over the second restriction, so if it faints on a water, flying or rock type then it doesn't get angry and leave your party.

Furrow the Drilburr (Chikorita185)
CJorex take furrow the drilbur.
Like most moles Furrow loves to dig and as such must always know dig after learning it. He is also very proud of his claws and therefore must always know at least two claw based moves (slash/hone claws etc). When he was still in the nest, his younger brother was taken as he ventured above the surface by an Unfezant. Because of this he is very afraid of flying types and cannot stay in against them. When he evolves into excadrill (no restrictions here) he loses this fear. He must solo skyla to avenge his brother

Have fun

Dolphin the Scraggy (Lorenzo)
D'you know of Scraggy the Dolphin?

She was a young Scraggy who wanted to be a dolphin but all her friends and her parents told her that she was meant to be a desert gangster, not a dolphin. This only instilled in her a greater desire to rebel, she begun to want to be a dolphin so bad she thought she was one.

As a Dolphin, Dolphin can only live in water not on the land, this means Dolphin can only battle on water or if it uses rain dance on the first turn, rain dance must be replenished after it finishes and it may not hold a damp rock. Since Rain Dance isn't available until Mistralton - from memory - Dolphin can last two turns without needing a breath of water

enjoy

Peacemaker the Tirtouga (Bearded Dragonite)
CJorex, you have been tasked with Peacemaker the Tirtouga.

Peacemaker retains memories of his family & friends, who were all inherently violent. Every slight argument would erupt into a brutal war, which usually resulted in serious injury to themselves or others. Eventually, their violence drove them all into oblivion, until he was all alone!
As a result, he vows never to repeat their mistakes, and to travel around, encouraging other pokémon to adopt a less violent lifestyle...

Rules:

- He must always know at least 2 of the following; Withdraw, Bide, Curse, Protect, Wide Guard, and cannot attack until he has used both of these moves at least once after he switches in.

- If Taunted, switch him out immediately.

- If he is fainted by an opponent's attack, he becomes too upset to fight again until either:
A) You meet a pokémon who uses more than 2 non-attacks in a row
B) You reach the next town

- Once he has witnessed a total of 25 non-attacks used by opponents he faces, he becomes content with the work he has done & the first restriction is lifted.

- He refuses to attack at all in important fights (Plasma, Rival, Gym Leaders, E4 etc.)

- Once he learns Shell Smash, has fainted 15 pokémon, and been fainted 5 times, something inside him snaps and he evolves, changing completely...

- His family's dormant violent genes have awakened inside him! All previous restrictions are lifted & he must be renamed Warmonger, as his earlier resolve has been all but forgotten!

- He must use Shell Smash at the start of every battle, and can only switch out once he faints an opponent.

- Shell Smash is the only non-attack he wants to use.

- If he is fainted, he must solo the very next battle.

- To make up for his earlier cowardice, he must solo a total of 3 important fights, one of which has to be an Elite Four or the Champ. (Ghetsis/Victory Road Rival counts as 2 of these)

Hopefully this isn't too challenging for ya :P

Rejected (RJ) the Tepig (ShinySkarmory)
CJorex, take RJected the ???. Rejected is extremely angry at you for rejecting him for no reason, so he decided to resubmit himself to get his revenge. Rejected is also extremely supportive of the Scramble Challange rules because they defend his right to not be rejected, so you may not choose a legendary Pokemon to be RJected and you may not choose any Pokemon whose final evolved form is in the OU tier, since they clearly aren't being rejected by anyone.

You told him that you would never use him as a challange. Of course, that's absolutely fine since you're taking 12 challenges. It's just that...he's not going to be rejected ever again. You may never box RJected, and he must lead against every gym leader not being soloed. Additionally, RJected may never learn any TMs or HMs-he rejects them just like you rejected him. Finally, RJected may only evolve (if the Pokemon you choose can evolve at all) once every other accepted Scramblemon has fulfilled its evolution restriction.

If you reject RJected, you are required to accept one of the challenges you rejected, and play that one instead.

Have fun!

Midget the Joltik (celever)
Take midget the joltik.
Midget has always been picked on by other pokemon for being so short, so it must solo 25 trainer-owned pokemon, 1 of which from a gym leader, with a height of 4'05" or above and once it does it can evolve into galvantula.
As a galvantula it forgot that it got taller, so it can use only moves of 65 BP or less as it still thinks it is its miniature self. Being confused at how tall it is though, it must solo 10 trainer-owned pokemon that are 0.8m (2'07") or below.

Hello, one and all! I, King Serperior, have returned from the lands of CAP ASB with wonderful news!! Someone today will recieve my loving Challenge!! Anyone who knows me knows what challenge I like giving, but first, I must ask, "Who will get this one?"​

Well, it's simple really! Just look above you at whom I am quoting! It's AiS who will recieve Random the Togepi!!!​

So, do any of you know about my Random Challenges? If not, I'll give a short explaination:​

Random Rules:
  1. Metronome must be learned ASAP.
  2. Metronome's PP must be Maxed out ASAP
  3. Metronome must be the first move used by this pokemon in battle.
  4. It must solo a Gym Leader
  5. It must solo an E4 Member
  6. It must solo your rival at least once.
So, what do rules 4-6 have to do with Metronome? Your first thought might be that you have to solo the entire team with nothing but Metronome. NonononononononoNO! That's where you have it all wrong folks. You just have to select ONE pokemon on their team and solo that mon with nothing but Metronome! Is that not exciting?

Now, the question is this: Who do you solo?
That question is extremely easy to figure out. In order to evolve, Random must solo your Rival at Crasher Wake's gym, well, just before the gym, but you know what I mean!

Next, to become a Togekiss, you will have to brave up and solo the great and powerful Crasher Wake himself!!

Finally, you will be required to take on the Psychic E4 member.

Now, remember, AiS to select one of their mons and solo that mon using only Metronome. Good Luck!!

KING SERPERIOR

WELCOME BACK BRO

also i promise i will have the anniversary Ruby update up by the end of today, if i don't then i revoke my right to scramble awards at page 400

KING SERPERIOR

WELCOME BACK BRO

also i promise i will have the anniversary Ruby update up by the end of today, if i don't then i revoke my right to scramble awards at page 400
Glad to be back. Now, is AiS the only person that needs a Mon? I feel like I need to bring my craziness back into business. Perhaps some horrific backstories? ;p

Guys, I have to go to bed, but the update is DONE! I'm going to take one more look at it tomorrow morning to make sure there's no plot inconsistencies, and then it'll go up! Last one for a while, though, sorry.

In my lurking of this thread, I've been wanting to do one of these for a while now. Wynaut?

Black, no trading, Medium difficulty (I'm new to this, but I've done a Platinum Nuzlocke in the past (and wiped from 5 BS crits in a row on the last E4 member, but retried and won easily), so I want a bit of a challenge)

I will have 12 Pokemon total.

If it's a 3-stage evolution Pokemon, it must be able to evolve at least ONCE. So, a Patrat is fine as it is, but a Lillipup must at least be able to become a Herdier.

No Legendarys or shaking grass/other phenomena Pokemon, save for Audino if someone so wishes.

That's it, everything else is A-OK.

In my lurking of this thread, I've been wanting to do one of these for a while now. Wynaut?

Black, no trading, Medium difficulty (I'm new to this, but I've done a Platinum Nuzlocke in the past (and wiped from 5 BS crits in a row on the last E4 member, but retried and won easily), so I want a bit of a challenge)

I will have 12 Pokemon total.

If it's a 3-stage evolution Pokemon, it must be able to evolve at least ONCE. So, a Patrat is fine as it is, but a Lillipup must at least be able to become a Herdier.

No Legendarys or shaking grass/other phenomena Pokemon, save for Audino if someone so wishes.

That's it, everything else is A-OK.
If you wish, I have for you Sobek the Oshawott. Sobek will be referred to as female in this challenge, but a female is not required if you do not wish it, mainly due to how annoying getting a female starter is.

Sobek never really was down with the whole samurai thing her evolutionary family is known for. They were so boring, really; all upholding a strong sense of justice, honour, all that stereotypical hero stuff. Honestly, if she wanted to be around that goody-two-shoes crap, she'd read about Joltikman or something.

One thing Sobek really loves, though, is ninjas. She adores the whole idea of sneaking around in the night, defeating others through sheer wit and stealth and not random sword-slashing.

So, when Sobek is an Oshawott, she'll need to go through training. To not be detected, she is required to stay at the back of your party as soon as you can get at least one other Pokemon that is present for your challenge. Also, Tackle is ghastly and brutish - she will only use it if it is her only option: i.e it is her only damaging move against the opponent.

To evolve, Sobek must hone her ninja skills in only the blackest of nights. She must level up at night in a cave.

After this, Sobek is more comfortable with her invisibility jutsu; it will work when she is in any position in your party except for first.
She is now very proud of her status as a ninja; those barbaric fighting types disgust her. She must dispatch any that she sees personally, in order to maintain her honour.
There is one jutsu she has yet to master, though - Substitution jutsu, to be precise. TM90 is found at Twist Mountain in Winter only. GO TIME CHANGING GO. Sobek must learn and always keep this move. When she does, she may evolve into her final form.

Sobek is, quite frankly, now disgusted that her beautiful scalchops are now awful samurai swords. She may no longer use moves that relate to them out of her disgust. She can, however, be in any place in the party now.

Also, if there's one person she admires, it's Brycen. He is her role model. She will not attack him.

tl;dr

Oshawott - always in back, don't tackle unless necessary, evolve at night in a cave.
Dewott - any position but first, KO all fighting types unless KO'd first, learn and keep Substitute to evolve.
Samurott - any place in the party, no sword/slashing attacks, don't use versus Brycen.

If this challenge seems interesting enough to you and is within your difficulty range, I bid thee good luck.

Hello, one and all! I, King Serperior, have returned from the lands of CAP ASB with wonderful news!! Someone today will recieve my loving Challenge!! Anyone who knows me knows what challenge I like giving, but first, I must ask, "Who will get this one?"​

Well, it's simple really! Just look above you at whom I am quoting! It's AiS who will recieve Random the Togepi!!!​

So, do any of you know about my Random Challenges? If not, I'll give a short explaination:​

Random Rules:
  1. Metronome must be learned ASAP.
  2. Metronome's PP must be Maxed out ASAP
  3. Metronome must be the first move used by this pokemon in battle.
  4. It must solo a Gym Leader
  5. It must solo an E4 Member
  6. It must solo your rival at least once.
So, what do rules 4-6 have to do with Metronome? Your first thought might be that you have to solo the entire team with nothing but Metronome. NonononononononoNO! That's where you have it all wrong folks. You just have to select ONE pokemon on their team and solo that mon with nothing but Metronome! Is that not exciting?

Now, the question is this: Who do you solo?
That question is extremely easy to figure out. In order to evolve, Random must solo your Rival at Crasher Wake's gym, well, just before the gym, but you know what I mean!

Next, to become a Togekiss, you will have to brave up and solo the great and powerful Crasher Wake himself!!

Finally, you will be required to take on the Psychic E4 member.

Now, remember, AiS to select one of their mons and solo that mon using only Metronome. Good Luck!!
Normally, I'd take this challenge. The problem is that Random is not a Movie Character. If you could think of a movie character that would be a lot like Random, then we have a deal.

Unoriginal Name, you get from me a lovely pokemon by the name of Mid. Mid turns out to be the lovely fire elemental monkey you get in the dream yard (that is, when you accept Oshawott). Mid has the tendency to always go the middle way. This means it can only attack pokemon when hitting them neutrally, because mid believes it to be a much more fair game then relying on either of super effective or not very effective hits.

When you first catch Mid, it is still very distrustful of you, and can therefore not participate in the first gym challenge. However, it does want to pull its weight in your party by solo'ing Elesa as Elesa is a women who believes in equal chances for everyone. Upon completing this solo, Mid evolves and becomes a bit stricter on itself. Because it believes so much in the middle way, it will switch out when it is hit by a super effective or not very effective hit, but not always. The middle way here means that it can take one of each, but has to switch out on the next.

As a Simisear, it also takes the middle way in its movepool. It wants to learn one special, one physical, one statusing and one bossting move. Note that statusing goes from toxic to torment, and boosting means raising your own stats by whatever. It also wants to go the middle way in attacking types. Because there are so many, it wants those moves to also be of four different types.

Lastly, the middle way for Mid means that it disapproves of revolutionary ideas such as freeing all pokemon. Therefore, it wants to solo half the amount of pokemon of the Team Plasma bosses. Choose wisely which pokemon of every boss Mid will solo with regards to the moves you may use and so you do not have to switch out by being hit with super effective moves or not very effective moves more than once.

GL

Okay, Present and Shiruba, I accept. I still need 10 more. Thanks!

However, Present, a question. By "Team Plasma Bosses," do you mean every N battle & Ghetsis? If you include the rest of the Seven Sages, I'm not playing the postgame, sorry.

Edit: Oh, duh, I thought at least one of the Sages thought you. The Dreamyard one engaged you in battle, I thought. Anyway, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)