Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Nemsus, take your starter, a Cyndaquil and name it STRONGTH (yes in all caps.) This Cyndaquil is so STRONGTH that it doesn't need super effective moves, so it may never use them. Also, it believes in its own STRONGTH so much that it may never learn moves over 70 BP. STRONGTH wants to be the strongest fire type ever, so solo Clair with only Fire type moves, and solo Pryce without fire type moves. Also, solo Lance with only fire moves. Tell me if this is too hard.

EDIT: Recec, it is in the Slow experience group, meaning 1,250,000 experience points is the amount it will have at Lv. 100.

Thanks, Clutch, that seems perfect

I wanna see how long I can resist using dig after I teach it to Roger though. Morty's Gengar is gonna be fun :)

Also, are there any evolution restrictions on Roger or can he become a bad ass Arbok ASAP?
sorry bud i edited the early post before, you mustn't have seen it. roger must solo 50 poison mons and take out 3 gymleader mons that dont include his other solos in order to evolve

Organisation Member XIV, maybe if the max power for STRONGTH was 80, so I could burn hax Lance's team with Lava Plume lol.

Hey guys,

would it be possible for someone to give me a Magby for my Scramblocke? I just remembered you can get them around here and Magmortar is one of my favourite pokemon. Love you all.

D

This post will now serve as my base of operations, so to speak, for my HeartGold Challange.

I would like to do a HeartGold Sramble now.
-I can trade, but I only want to trade for evolution, not to get Pokemon that cannot be obtained in-game.

- Hard difficulty (just keep in mind, if it's going to be grind heavy, it will slow down the rate that I can update.)

- I will be finished when I defeat Red, so this means, 8 Johto badges, e4, 8 Kanto badges & elite 4 rematches. (Please no 'solo Red' challanges. Solo'ing a specific Pokemon on his team is okay though.)

- 6 Pokemon, please try to keep type overlap to a minimum. (I had two pure Normal types in Emerald, and together they were quite redundant.)

- As I'll be doing Kanto, I will accept Pokemon from there. With two rules: I want at least 4 Pokemon before battling Lance the first time, and if you want to give me a Hoenn Sound Pokemon, no: Whismur, Makuhita or Spinda.

Thanks in advance.

That makes 6, thanks guys.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Dodgerr, would you like to take BELLY the magby?
BELLY is a massive fan of the move belly drum, and so must only use physical attacks.
In trainer battles BELLY may only use attacks that hurt the opponent once he gets into yellow health, as he just used belly drum. Once he learns belly drum, the previous restriction is lifted and replaced with the restriction that he may never attack unless he does use the move belly drum.
If a special attack is used on him then he must switch out in disgust.

Enjoy :3

Recec, take Drowsy the Drowzee.
Drowsy loves sleeping, so as soon as it can it must know rest, and once every three fights (wild or trainer) it must use it. I would suggest sleep talk as well :P. Drowsy has no more restrictions except that he must put to sleep 3 gym leader's strongest pokemon with hypnosis, and solo 3 others.

Hey guys,

would it be possible for someone to give me a Magby for my Scramblocke? I just remembered you can get them around here and Magmortar is one of my favourite pokemon. Love you all.

D
Perfect mofo, perfect.
Meet Boobytrap the Magby (M), hereinafter BT.

As a Magby, BT lived in Sinnoh. He was in love with a pink shellos. In fact he even thought he was a pink shellos. However she did not see him this way and mated with a blue shellos. After a while she evolved and had kids, while BT had nothing. He was in tears. What went wrong? Was it his fault? Was he too weak? So he set on a journey to become stronger and discover himself. His journey led him to Virbank Complex, and there he met a trainer, you. You were dumbfounded to meet for the first time a Magby who could not use ANY fire type move. Nada. Null. Believing as a baby that he was a Shellos, he didn't even try to discover the hidden potential in him.
That's where you come in. You are trying to convince him that he is a fire type and for that, he must solo 50 rock/ground/fire type pokemon (any, wild or not). After an extensive training session one day, somewhere in route 4, BT couldn't take it anymore. If he was a fire type, why were all these pokemon so hard to beat? Why couldn't he learn any water type move?
He threw up. But it wasn't because of the fatigue. BT had just produced lava. Realizing that his whole life had been a lie and you were right all along, BT evolved into a B/A magmar!
BT was overwhelmed. This new power had left him in awe. BT immediately discarded all the non-fire type moves he knew and replaced them with fire type ones, and used his favorite lava attack in every battle.
BT now trusts you completely and follows your every command. However, despite your flawless guidance, he found himself in peril quite a few times. One time he was in such grave danger, that his instinct told him to flee immediately. The legendary musketeers was apparently too much for him to handle. He used the exhaust fumes from his breath to form black smoke, distract his opponent and hide. After that day, he strengthened his resolve to train harder. While walking with you inside the shopping mall, he saw a video demonstration of the TM for Hyper beam. "Now this would be an excellent move to have. If only I could somehow shoot such a beam... If only I were equipped with cannons..." he thought.
"Hey, look: I do have cannons!" BT had evolved again!

Boobytrap the Magby
(Male)
Must solo ANY blue shellos/gastro you encounter, EVER
Forget all fire moves asap
Solo 50 fire/ground/rock types
Level up to 33, allow Lava Plume, evolve
Use Lava Plume at least once in every battle
Discard all non fire type moves asap
Teach Flamethrower and Fire blast before lv 49, through tms
DO NOT level him above 49
Move reminder, teach Smokescreen
Solo Virizion, Cobalion and Terrakion
If you can't do any, use smokescreen and then switch
After all the musketeers are down
Teach Hyper beam (DO NOT overwrite Lava plume or smokescreen. NEVER do.)
Evolve

EDIT:
Just to be clear, vs Terrakion you will have to use Lava plume/then Smokescreen/then switch in the "switch-as-quickly-as-possible" scenario. Be careful.
If you want to do postgame, BT has to 1) breed with something to get over his old love and
2) forget the other fire move to learn Solarbeam, because he now loves beams. So his final moveset fill be Lava plume, Smocescreen, Hyperbeam, Solarbeam.

Love the new title, guys.

@recec, take Behemoth the Onix. Behemoth dreams of being a Steelix one day, but needs to overcome some obstacles prior. Behemoth may only use STAB moves from either evolution, along with any non-attacking move it likes. Behemoth must solo Jasmine in order to be able to hold an item, and must solo Brock in order to evolve (so you do have to solo both to evolve). Have fun! :3

take Apple pie the marril. Apple pie watched Marriland's emerald nuzlocke, in fact he was on the team for a little time, and hates all of the members marriland had die on him or used in the end, since he got replaced by Spaggheti (bad spaggheti!). This means that apple pie must come in on every: Torchic, combusken, blaziken, tentacool, tentacruel, numel, camerupt, Gulpin, Swalot, Illumise, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Geodude, Graveller, Golem, Carvahnna, Sharpedo, Zubat (fun right?), Golbat (Even more fun! :D), Crobat, Magikarp, Gyarados (the bad guy), Oddish, Gloom, Bellossom, Vileplume, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Magnemite, Magneton, Spheal, Sealeo AND Walrein and then must KO them.
Since Marriland beat the champion, he of course is the new one so if Apple pie lives so long he must solo Wallace as he is Marriland.
Apple pie also wants to live up to Gyarados, so like Gyarados did in the finale Apple pie must kill 2 of your pokemon.
Sorry, but not accepted for two reasons.
1) In OP I asked for "Not too many solos". Apple pie's are too hard to even remember.
2) I have already accepted 3 water types (Player the Wingull, Kipples the Mudkip and Clingy the Tentacool). If I accept Apple pie, 4/12 pokemon will be water type.
Thus sorry, but apple pie is not accepted.

Dodgerr, would you like to take BELLY the magby?
BELLY is a massive fan of the move belly drum, and so must only use physical attacks.
In trainer battles BELLY may only use attacks that hurt the opponent once he gets into yellow health, as he just used belly drum. Once he learns belly drum, the previous restriction is lifted and replaced with the restriction that he may never attack unless he does use the move belly drum.
If a special attack is used on him then he must switch out in disgust.

Enjoy :3
Perfect mofo, perfect.
Meet Boobytrap the Magby (M), hereinafter BT.

As a Magby, BT lived in Sinnoh. He was in love with a pink shellos. In fact he even thought he was a pink shellos. However she did not see him this way and mated with a blue shellos. After a while she evolved and had kids, while BT had nothing. He was in tears. What went wrong? Was it his fault? Was he too weak? So he set on a journey to become stronger and discover himself. His journey led him to Virbank Complex, and there he met a trainer, you. You were dumbfounded to meet for the first time a Magby who could not use ANY fire type move. Nada. Null. Believing as a baby that he was a Shellos, he didn't even try to discover the hidden potential in him.
That's where you come in. You are trying to convince him that he is a fire type and for that, he must solo 50 rock/ground/fire type pokemon (any, wild or not). After an extensive training session one day, somewhere in route 4, BT couldn't take it anymore. If he was a fire type, why were all these pokemon so hard to beat? Why couldn't he learn any water type move?
He threw up. But it wasn't because of the fatigue. BT had just produced lava. Realizing that his whole life had been a lie and you were right all along, BT evolved into a B/A magmar!
BT was overwhelmed. This new power had left him in awe. BT immediately discarded all the non-fire type moves he knew and replaced them with fire type ones, and used his favorite lava attack in every battle.
BT now trusts you completely and follows your every command. However, despite your flawless guidance, he found himself in peril quite a few times. One time he was in such grave danger, that his instinct told him to flee immediately. The legendary musketeers was apparently too much for him to handle. He used the exhaust fumes from his breath to form black smoke, distract his opponent and hide. After that day, he strengthened his resolve to train harder. While walking with you inside the shopping mall, he saw a video demonstration of the TM for Hyper beam. "Now this would be an excellent move to have. If only I could somehow shoot such a beam... If only I were equipped with cannons..." he thought.
"Hey, look: I do have cannons!" BT had evolved again!

Boobytrap the Magby
(Male)
Must solo ANY blue shellos/gastro you encounter, EVER
Forget all fire moves asap
Solo 50 fire/ground/rock types
Level up to 33, allow Lava Plume, evolve
Use Lava Plume at least once in every battle
Discard all non fire type moves asap
Teach Flamethrower and Fire blast before lv 49, through tms
DO NOT level him above 49
Move reminder, teach Smokescreen
Solo Virizion, Cobalion and Terrakion
If you can't do any, use smokescreen and then switch
After all the musketeers are down
Teach Hyper beam (DO NOT overwrite Lava plume or smokescreen. NEVER do.)
Evolve
Awk.

You guys should battle in order to decide who gets to give the Magby.

Celever

i am town
Awk.

You guys should battle in order to decide who gets to give the Magby.
Nah, don't worry. Exbo put in way more effort I wrote mine up in like 2 minutes.
Also Exbo, the pokemon that apple pie is solo'ing are really uncommon. I don't even think you see a blaziken in the whole game! Trust me, just remember one from the evolutionary line or something since that's all I put down.

> Zigzagoon
> Geodude
> Zubat
> Tentacool
> "really uncommon"

O.o
mfw

But it's still a water type! Another water type! Do you love marills/the marriland guy so much?
If I decide to accept after all, I will accept under the condition that ALL his solos will have less priority over other solos, even ones requested for mons posted later than ApplePie. Because Applepie has gor so far the most solos of any pokemon I've got. So if eg. the 12th pokemon I accept requests for some reason Wallace and the oddish line to be soloed, they will be soloed by that 12th mon.
Reading again, what do you mean by "Apple pie must kill 2 of your pokemon"? Because if it is what I think it is (I must lose 2 pokemon other than Marill to Wallace), then it's definitely not accepted. It is a light-medium difficulty scramblocke, you don't just ask people to kill their pokemon on purpose... The Tentacool And Wynaut restrictions are already too much. Looking at you, Shiruba and Inanimate blob...
Hope that doesn't sound offensive. Peace :)

~~~~~

As for Dodgerr's Magby, sorry. I didn't realise someone had posted before me. But let's let Dodgerr himself decide which Magby he will raise.

It's a scramble challange, so I am supposed to not have much control over it. If somebody else says I have to use that Wynaut, then I have to use that Wynaut. Not that I can from now on, having accepted Samus. I accepted because the description was vivid and the plot was cool. I really like branched plots or even alternate endings.

EDIT: Recec, it is in the Slow experience group, meaning 1,250,000 experience points is the amount it will have at Lv. 100.
Oh... okay then.

@recec, take Behemoth the Onix. Behemoth dreams of being a Steelix one day, but needs to overcome some obstacles prior. Behemoth may only use STAB moves from either evolution, along with any non-attacking move it likes. Behemoth must solo Jasmine in order to be able to hold an item, and must solo Brock in order to evolve (so you do have to solo both to evolve). Have fun! :3
For clarity; Behemoth is only allowed to know attacking moves of the Rock, Ground and Steel types, correct? And it's current evolutionary form doesn't matter?

Recec, take Drowsy the Drowzee.
Drowsy loves sleeping, so as soon as it can it must know rest, and once every three fights (wild or trainer) it must use it. I would suggest sleep talk as well :P. Drowsy has no more restrictions except that he must put to sleep 3 gym leader's strongest pokemon with hypnosis, and solo 3 others.
I understand that he has to put three gym leader Poke's to sleep, but does he have solo three other gym leaders, or just their strongest Pokemon, and if I say, put Whitney's Miltank to sleep and then KO it, does that count as doing one or both of the restrictions? And do I get to decide which one, if it only counts as one?

Alright, I've decided to finish my Emerald Scramble after all! However there will be no video updates, or even long written ones for the rest of this scramble. Instead I'll give a short couple paragraph blurb at the end of each video summarizing what went down.

SO! Here is UPDATE 7! (previous updates and scramblemon here)

So, I actually did this a loooong while back so I don't actually remember that much.

What I DO know is that I pretty easily kicked Team Magma off of Mt. Chimney, though I'm pretty sure Zen Mode fainted during the battle at some point. I don't remember much more than that. After that I caught and trained Broken the Spoink, who quickly proved herself a valuable member of my team. She saw a lot of use in the Lavaridge gym and was the Pokemon who did most of the damage to Flannery and her Torkoal. You see, I had had a plan for her; she had Thief as a move to use since she couldn't use psychic type moves twice in a row, so I was going to steal Flannery's Torkoal's White Herb so it would have its stats go down, after which I'd just go to town with Psybeam. I ended up keeping the second part of the plan, but abandoned the first part in favor of boosting using X Specials on her Camerupt after it weakened itself by using a few overheats against Zen Mode. With those, I was able to 1 shot her Torkoal for the win.

As for how the team is doing... well it's a good thing I made up the team summary cards even though I never edited the video they were going to go in, or I'd never remember anything about it! In fact, I'll just upload those images for this part and link them here!

Broken the Spoink
Geiko the Grovyle
Kamikaze the Swellow
NotAgain the Sableye
Pinball the Aron
Zen Mode the Numel

I'll go back to my old format for team-member summaries in future updates, this is just a shortcut for this update since I already had these made up.

Just to let everyone know that I have finished the first part of my Black Scramble. I'm going to forget about writing the story, I think the team updates are enough and it means I can have more time to play the game

Team:

Rejected the Tepig
Lv 14
Adamant Nature
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Flame Charge
-Odor Sleuth
Good so far. In-game I call him Rej because it's easier to remember. I was lucky and got a Tepig with an Adamant nature, although it meant Ember was almost unusable. It's still early days yet though; his only major victory so far has been Cress' Lillipup

Pido the Lillipup
Lv 13
Naive Nature
Ability: Vital Spirit
-Leer
-Tackle
-Odor Sleuth
-Bite
Plasma members solo'd: 2/10
Pido has been good so far. He solo'd Cress' Panpour and the Plasma grunts in the Dreamyard. Looking forward tousing him more.

This post will be my Scramblelocke of Black's base of operations. Original post is here.
Note: All listed soloes will be done. However, if necessary, Finisher will land the finishing blow, and it'll still count as a solo for the mon who did the rest of the damage.

Current Status: Not started, looking for mons.
Update list: [0]
Current Team: Not started, no one caught.
Member List: I will start at 9 mons, and currently have 9/12, which means I need 3 more total. Note: I am no longer accepting E4/Ghetsis/Final N soloes. All others are fine, though.
Oshawott - always in back, don't tackle unless necessary, evolve at night in a cave.
Dewott - any position but first, KO all fighting types unless KO'd first, learn and keep Substitute to evolve.
Samurott - any place in the party, no sword/slashing attacks, don't use versus Brycen
~Shiruba
Unoriginal Name, you get from me a lovely pokemon by the name of Mid. Mid turns out to be the lovely fire elemental monkey you get in the dream yard (that is, when you accept Oshawott). Mid has the tendency to always go the middle way. This means it can only attack pokemon when hitting them neutrally, because mid believes it to be a much more fair game then relying on either of super effective or not very effective hits.

When you first catch Mid, it is still very distrustful of you, and can therefore not participate in the first gym challenge. However, it does want to pull its weight in your party by solo'ing Elesa as Elesa is a women who believes in equal chances for everyone. Upon completing this solo, Mid evolves and becomes a bit stricter on itself. Because it believes so much in the middle way, it will switch out when it is hit by a super effective or not very effective hit, but not always. The middle way here means that it can take one of each, but has to switch out on the next.

As a Simisear, it also takes the middle way in its movepool. It wants to learn one special, one physical, one statusing and one bossting move. Note that statusing goes from toxic to torment, and boosting means raising your own stats by whatever. It also wants to go the middle way in attacking types. Because there are so many, it wants those moves to also be of four different types.

Lastly, the middle way for Mid means that it disapproves of revolutionary ideas such as freeing all pokemon. Therefore, it wants to solo half the amount of pokemon of the Team Plasma bosses. Choose wisely which pokemon of every boss Mid will solo with regards to the moves you may use and so you do not have to switch out by being hit with super effective moves or not very effective moves more than once.
~Present
You get a Gurdurr, who is your finisher. Unless some other challenge forces you to solo somebody, Gurdurr must finish off each gym leader/elite four opponent with DynamicPunch (unless the last remaining pokemon is a ghost type, obviously).

yeah, when I say gurdurr I mean no evolving it. if you want it harder....you must use focus energy every time before using dynamicpunch, finishing blow or otherwise. also, if you ever use focus energy for any other reason, it must be followed up by dynamicpunch. you still have to focus energy again for each successive dynamic punch. for example, if you miss, and intend to use DP again, you must focus energy again first even though it will fail.
~guitarerdude
You will be taking Revenge the Scraggy. Revenge is a thug, in case you were wondering. After all, he's got the baggy pants, and that typing. Thing is, Revenge really likes his name, and the meaning of the name. Guess what he does best? Getting Revenge. Revenge must learn Retaliate and keep it in his moveset. Revenge must also be sent out after one of its teammates faint.

Revenge joined your team for one purpose; destroying the monster that destroyed his homeland. Therefore, he only has one solo. Revenge must attempt to solo Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Should he win, all restrictions are voided on Revenge.
~Alice in Strings
Varied is a very unique Pokemon; it tries to be as different as possible. To facilitate this, Varied may not have 2 or more moves of the same type at the same time. To evolve the first time, it must beat 10 pokemon before they use a move that shares a type with one of yours. The enemy must get at least one attack in for this to count. (For example, if you have Tackle, you have to beat it before it uses a normal type move.) To evolve again, it has to have a moveset of all different types. It must evolve once before Elesa, and again before Brycen. It must solo at least all unsoloed Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rival Battles, and N battles.
~Gamer40000
- Pansage called Hero
- Must solo 2 of the Pokemon not solo'ed by Mid in every Plasma Boss fight.
- Must always get the last hit on Plasma grunts.
- You can challenge yourself by catching Hero before the Nimbasa N fight.
~thesynchrohero
After team plasma attacked Lostlorn forest it had to move to Pinwheel forest, so you have to catch it there.
However it was terribly scared from when it was attacked by team plasma so it may never be used in a fight against them. It may also be used in only 6 trainer fights per area, which will come into more annoyance in the later routes or areas.
Also, it may be used in only one gym leader or elite four fight, as when it was in one it got scared at how tough it was. This doesn't count for the champion by the way, since it has to solo 3 of his pokemon since it got a confidence boost.

Oh I thought Alder was champion lol.
Just solo half of an e4 member then, but it can be in only that fight of the elite 4 and your other one against a gym leader.
~celever
Unoriginal name get Timburr named Elgyem. It is Elgyems best friend. So they made a decision. When one uses one move the other has to use the next move. If one dies the other can’t be used for the rest of the battle, because it is depressed. For the same reason one can’t be used if the other is fainted in the slots whenever. Now it’s other restrictions. To evolve it has to use and hit with DynamicPunch. Then it uses its normal restrictions to switch. Elgyem has to let the target faint in one move, because it would have to switch back otherwise. It has to do that 10 times. Before the E4 it has to hit 5 Focus Punches when Elgyem is below half health. It has to do that to help Elgyem due focus. It has to know a Fighting and Rock type (But only one of each) move ASAP to fight the Bug and Dark types that plague Elgyem. Because Elgyem supports it really much it has to know one support move too and one move that move to your choice. They have to defeat Victory Road, too show how good they are in collaborating.

Get an Elgyem named Timburr. It is Timburrs best friend. So they made a decision. When one uses one move the other has to use the next move. If one dies the other can’t be used for the rest of the battle, because it is depressed. For the same reason one can’t be used if the other is fainted in the slots whenever. It always has to be send in before Timburr. This is because it can set up Wonder Room. It has to know these moves ASAP. If the target has higher Defense than Sp. Defense than it has to use Wonder Room. If the target is both it can use. It also needs to know Psychic as it compliments Timburr's STAB. It can choose its last two move by itself. It has to defeat fifteen opponents with Psychic when Timburr is below half health to evolve. They have to defeat Iris, too show how good they are in collaborating.
~Snaquaza

Update #1

Alright so I’m done with the first chapter of my Heartgold Challenge, not exactly exciting.

Story

I left town with my new Naughty Chikorita that happened to be called Gerard, up to visit Mr Pokémon and see what his mysterious find happened to be. Turns out it was a Pokémon egg? Who knew?

No matter, I’d let Prof Elm deal with those details as Gerard learnt Razor Leaf and I discarded the use of Tackle for some STAB. Many NVE battles against Spinarak and Hoothoot ensued before I came to evolve Gerard. I then stumbled upon some kid with red hair and some mean things to say about me, completely unwarranted.

Nevertheless, his Cyndaquil was down with a single Razor Leaf, and my arrogance was sky high. I gave Elm the egg and took off, not before Lyra assumed I needed help learning how to throw a ball at a ‘mon with all my 12 years experience.

I then proceeded to Razor Leaf absolutely everything everywhere, annihilating Sprout Tower and (taking out 1 of 2 gym leader solos) Falkner as well.

Team so far

Gerard/Bayleef Male

Lv.19
Nature: Naughty
- Synthesis
- Reflect
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder
My main man, content on spamming Razor Leaf to get what he wants. I’m sure that’s going to drive me insane later on, I’m still not sure how I’m going to beat Bugsy without a single other of my Scramble Team.

I accept BoobyTrap the Magby!
Also guys, I'm pretty much gonna loose pokemon as fast as I gain them here; ie I just lost Contrary the (whatever Snivy's evolution is called) :'(
So yeah, if people just wanna line up a few more pokes thats cool with me.

D

Celever

i am town
Exbo, fine... I'll think of something else later.
Dodgerr, I am not going to be a ninja this time and will put in effort to your challenge this time, taking something like koopa the dwebble?

(It's a little bit later on, but you already have a magby and you can get it as soon as you get to castelia so it is soon enough imo)
Koopa is a rebellious koopa. focused on taking out the whole of bowser's army. Below is a list of all of the members of bowser's army and their pokemon counter-parts:
GOOMBA --> (I want to say shroomish but he isn't in this game... and neither is wooper... uhm... just go with:) LITWICK
KOOPA --> SANDILE
BOB-OMB --> (no voltorb or electrode either.... Just go:) BALTOY
BLOOPER --> (Seriously, no qwilfish either!? OR Tentacool for once!? Ugh, Octillery is in the game I swear) OCTILLERY

So Koopa wants to solo all of the trainer-owned Litwick, Sandile, Baloty and octillery.
Want to know who bowser is though? Well, it's Iris' aggron of course! And the rest of her party are five of the koopalings, so solo Iris!

To get away from the solos, let's just gt some rules down. Since Koopas don't have rocks, it may never use rock type moves. Ok, now that we have those rules down lets move on to what made our friend koopa rebel in the first place... Backstory time!

Bowser: Gwarharhar! You pathetic koopas are good for nothing! Not defeated mario yet and it's been like 30 years!
You: I am tired of this... Wait - I am making a stand!
Nearby koopas: :O
You: Hey Bowser!
Bowser: Gwarh?
You: Eat my shorts!
Bowser: You... I'm tossing you in the super nova in super mario galaxy 3! Oh whatever, I will just burn you right now!!!
You: Well Bowser, I've got F.L.U.D.D here!
Bowser: *kick into conveniently placed lava* (this is nintendo after all)
You: AAAHHH

This means that Koopa is scared of fire, and must switch out on any fire type pokemon or moves it may come up against. Besides against Iris, because, you know, REVENGE.

Unfortunately this isn't as big as I wanted it to be originally, but hey, I'm no good at putting effort in. I'll just let you know that Koopa is only going to let the third pokemon you get after this avenge koopa if Bowser and the koopalings kill it. That's right, if koopa and the third pokemon you get after this die, then so does the rest of your party! :)

Alright so I’m done with the first chapter of my Heartgold Challenge, not exactly exciting.

Story

I left town with my new Naughty Chikorita that happened to be called Gerard, up to visit Mr Pokémon and see what his mysterious find happened to be. Turns out it was a Pokémon egg? Who knew?

No matter, I’d let Prof Elm deal with those details as Gerard learnt Razor Leaf and I discarded the use of Tackle for some STAB. Many NVE battles against Spinarak and Hoothoot ensued before I came to evolve Gerard. I then stumbled upon some kid with red hair and some mean things to say about me, completely unwarranted.

Nevertheless, his Cyndaquil was down with a single Razor Leaf, and my arrogance was sky high. I gave Elm the egg and took off, not before Lyra assumed I needed help learning how to throw a ball at a ‘mon with all my 12 years experience.

I then proceeded to Razor Leaf absolutely everything everywhere, annihilating Sprout Tower and (taking out 1 of 2 gym leader solos) Falkner as well.

Team so far

Gerard/Bayleef Male

Lv.19
Nature: Naughty
- Synthesis
- Reflect
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder
My main man, content on spamming Razor Leaf to get what he wants. I’m sure that’s going to drive me insane later on, I’m still not sure how I’m going to beat Bugsy without a single other of my Scramble Team.
Oh man, oh man, this will be hard... You sure you only want 6 mons for this?
Gratz so far, btw.

@celever: Sorry to be a bother, glad you understand. Looking forward to your new suggestion!

I still need a few scramblemons (2-4 more at least)
Anyone else need any scramblemons?

Alright, already got another update for my Emerald Version. Doesn't take long to go from Flannery to Norman obviously so it didn't take long.

Here's the update, and a link to the main post.

So first I cleared out the desert, though I ignored Mirage Tower. Little point in getting myself a fossil in a scramble. The trainers in the desert actually prove to be a bit of a challenge for most of my Pokemon, seeing as most of them happen to have Sandshrew and Sandslash. Aside from Geiko, my team doesn't have a lot of Pokemon that are good against physically oriented ground types. Still, I managed to work through it.

The real challenge is yet to come though; Norman's gym is full of evolved normal types only a couple levels behind my team, which is mostly un-evolved itself I actually experience a rather disturbing number of faints during the challenge. Needless to say after that I'm quite worried about Norman. I quickly deduce my only real chance against him is Pinball the Aron, with his huge defense and 4x resistance to Norman's STAB. I come up with a plan; Get some X-attacks and boost up against one of his less threatening Pokemon, then take down his Slaking in one hit. This seems necessary due to Slaking having Counter, which is really the only move Norman has that can hurt Pinball with after Pinball has used Iron Defense enough.

However in the battle this plan quickly changes. After taking down his Spinda, he switches immediately into Slaking. I'm forced to adapt my strategy. I realize I can't afford to attack during the turns Slaking is active due to the risk of Counter; instead, I take those turns to boost and attack when it's loafing around. Slowly I wear it down while simultaneously boosting, helped by the fact that for some reason Slaking ONLY uses Counter, meaning it never lands a hit on Pinball at all. Once it goes down, Pinball is boosted enough to easily sweep aside the rest of his team.

I actually continue on for a short while after this, covering the new areas I've gained access to now that I've got surf. Speaking of which, I just realized that NONE of my team can learn Surf, not now anyway. So I had to catch myself a Maril to replace that Poochyena as my HM slave. I'll still need a fly slave later on too... I hate having to use HM slaves.

Anyway, I decide to take on the trainers to the left of Meteor Falls... they're a little more powerful than I expected and my team takes a pounding from it. Still the experience gained is much appreciated.

Next update I move onward in the game, pushing on to Fortree!

Team Update:

Geiko the Grovyle
Level 30 – Ability: Overgrow – Nature: Gentle – Item: Miracle Seed – Gender: Male
Moves:
Leaf Blade
Cut
Secret Power
Mega Drain

Continues to prove himself useful, and the addition of Leaf Blade to his arsenal should only make him more useful. However I fear the future; not being able to evolve into Sceptile until level 47 will seriously hinder his usefulness for much of the mid-late game. For the time being though, he's indispensable.

Kamikaze the Swellow
Level 30 – Ability: Guts – Nature: Naughty – Item: None – Gender: Female
Moves:
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Double Team

Still preforming well, though her lack of bulk is becoming more pronounced, both due to more powerful attacks coming her way and the fact she doesn't OHKO everything she fights anymore. She's still very useful, don't get me wrong. However it's pretty clear that her usefulness will soon be waning... especially since she won't be able to update her moves to fit the situation.

NotAgain the Sableye
Level 30 – Ability: Keen Eye – Nature: Naive – Item: Blackglasses – Gender: Male
Moves:
Metronome
Scratch
Faint Attack
Night Shade

He's starting to feel the affects of his low stats, and Metronome rarely helps the matter. Most of the time it's simply a wasted turn, though on occassion it does draw something useful like Shadow Punch. Really though the bigger issue is his failing bulk, no longer significant, and the fact his opponents now usually carry moves that can hit him. Faint Attack at least is a good addition, allowing him to deal significant damage to Normal types for the first time. Still, his future looks rather dim.

Pinball the Aron:
Level 29– Ability: Sturdy – Nature: Gentle – Item: None – Gender: Female
Moves:
Metal Claw
Rock Tomb
Iron Tail
Take Down

Pinball was extremely useful in Norman's Gym, but this is purely due to his typing. He's just not as strong as he used to be. His attack power is no longer as impressive and his typing is a burden as often as a boon. That last problem is only going to get worse, but at least he'll evolve soon. While he won't be perfect, he'll be a lot stronger than he was now. In any case, I was damn glad to have him this chapter. Norman would have been another Wattson without it.

Zen Mode the Numel
Level 29 – Ability: Oblivious – Nature: Mild – Item: Soft Sand – Gender: Female
Moves:
Focus Energy
Ember
Magnitude
Secret Power

Zen Mode really did not do well this chapter. She's slow and has paper thin defenses. Worse, she can't attack the first turn, instead having to use Focus Energy. This usually means she's already ready to faint by the time she's able to attack. Hopefully most of this will be rectified when she evolves in a few levels, though her typing is going to be really annoying come the water routes regardless. Still, her high damage output SHOULD prove useful eventually... assuming she can ever stay alive to use it.

Broken the Spoink
Level 29– Ability: Own Tempo – Nature: Calm – Item: Quick Claw – Gender: Female
Moves:
Psybeam
Psywave
Thief
Confuse Ray

She's still pretty useful due to her strong attacks and good special defense, though her defense and low speed does leave her vulnerable. She didn't see a whole lot of use this chapter due to being a little overleveled from her battle against Flannery. She evolves soon too, like most of the team, and I greatly look forward to seeing her become even more useful to me.

I still need a few scramblemons (2-4 more at least)
Anyone else need any scramblemons?
@Exbo, I'd like a scramblemon if, you're offering. Link is in my signature. Just no Drowzee or Onix, because I'm waiting for some clarity on their rules before I accept them.

I'll give you one in return. Check back in a few hours, and I should have something ready. Oh wait, sorry, I forgot I gave you one already. If you get desperate I could give you another?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)