Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Recec take Str0nk the Venipede.

~Venipede can only use the strongest move it has in terms of base power. (If ties, you may choose)
~When you are able to learn a new move, you must learn it
~May evolve to Whirlipede when all moves are base 60 BP or higher
~May evolve to Scolipede when all moves are base 90 BP or higher
~When battling a Pokemon that is a higher level than it, you must switch it in.
~It can't battle a Pokemon with a lower level than it.
~If it faints you must backtrack to the latest Pokemon Center you Visited

Good Luck;Have Fun. You wanted really hard right n_n

Meanwhile, I haven't done a scramble in some time:
Game: Black 2
Trading: No
Pokemon: 4 (1 before first gym, all before last gym)
Difficulty: Possible without too much grinding, but otherwise really hard please!

Snaquaza , you're a madman. Str0nk is accepted. (You're lucky I happen to like challanges that restrict movepools.)

In exchange for Str0nk, I'll give you W3ak the Sunkern
W3ak is on a quest to become stonger.
>W3ak must know four damaging moves at all times (when possible)
>W3ak may not evolve until it the four moves it knows have a combined Base Power greater than 180
>When you evolve W3ak now only has to know up to 3 damaging moves at a time, but the combined base power must still be at least 180.
>W3ak must solo the first boss (not taken up by a another 'mons solo) after it evolves, so plan wisely.

I think that's pretty hard.

I'll accept Frozen the Snorunt. I assume keeping the freeze active refers to all members of my team?

AOPSUser take Fishy the Stunfisk

Fishy thinks it's a fish, so it must keep Camouflage as a move and use it whenever you have a battle on water. It must also have 2 water type moves at all times. If you are going to continue after defeating Ghetsis, it must learn Fissure (as it sounds like fish) and use it first in any battle that it's in. It must also defeat one of Alder's pokemon with Fissure.

Have fun!
Accepted. I still need two more. Come on guys!

Update #5:

I now have Surf, which gives me free rein to go across the region. I get the Old Rod and catch Unhittable the Staryu, who wants to avoid enemy attacks. I catch Drill the Spearow in the Safari Zone, who seems traumatized and intent on keeping the same moves it has had. I end up clearing the Team Rocket HQ to train, while catching Ninja the Voltorb, who has aspirations to become a ninja. In the course of training, I evolve Drill into a Fearow and Ninja into an Electrode. Now, three gyms are open to me, so I'll do them in quick succession.

Chuck is a cinch with Invincible: Zen Headbutt tears through those Fighting-types as if they were made of paper. All Chuck gets to do is a Surf attack that doesn't even bring Invincible down to half health.

Now for Jasmine. I have nothing good against Steel-types, so I'm going to go with Unhittable. Unfortunately, Unhittable hasn't learned Minimize, so I can't use evasion hax. Unhitttable sets up a Light Screen... and is promptly OHKOed by a critical Thunderbolt. I switch in Ninja to Swagger the opposing Magnemite. After Ninja is confused, though, I have to switch out. Invincible deals a fair amount of damage with Rock Smash, but is swiftly brought down to 2 HP by a critical Thunderbolt. Luckily, this activates Invincible's Anger Point ability. Supersonic luckily misses when I heal up, letting me KO the second Magnemite. My +6 Rock Smash 2HKOes Steelix thanks to a lucky Defense drop, netting me the win.

This just leaves Pryce. I try to do my required gym solo with Drill, but I realize that it's unrealistic. I'll save it for Erika. Invincible defeats Pryce's Seel, but loses to Piloswine Headstrong finishes off Piloswine and U-turns out of Dewgong to Ninja. Ninja finishes off Dewgong with a Thunderbolt. One more badge to go!

"Athlete" the Croconaw, Lv. 31
-Scary Face
-Leer
-Ice Fang
-Swords Dance
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Stats: 87/64/69/46/48/46
Comments: Athlete struggles to deal a lot of damage. I'm really looking forward to the Bruno solo so he can finally evolve, but I hope that Waterfall will help when I get it.

"Headstrong" the Crobat, Lv. 31
-U-turn
-Fly
-Air Cutter
-Bite
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Stats: 106/67/61/58/62/91
Gym Pokémon Soloed: 7 Johto, 0 Kanto
Elite 4 Pokémon Soloed: 0 First Round, 0 Second Round
Red's Pokémon Soloed: 0
Leads Against Chalang: 2
Comments: While Headstrong's pure power isn't as amazing as it once was, Fly's high base power means that Headstrong has no trouble decimating the opposition. Air Cutter is just to deal damage against Defense Curlers or something.

"Invincible" the Tauros, Lv. 31
-Payback
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Zen Headbutt
Ability: Anger Point
Nature: Lonely
Characteristic: Scatters things often.
Stats: 93/78/60/36/51/84
Morty Solo: Complete
Chuck Solo: Complete
Comments: Invincible is burdened by his HM moves, but he's incredibly powerful and can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much everything I come up against.

"Unhittable" the Staryu, Lv. 31
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Light Screen
Ability: Illuminate
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Very finicky.
Stats: 60/36/36/57/51/66
Solos of Chalang's Meganium: 0
Lt. Surge Solo: Incomplete
Red's Pikachu Solo: Incomplete
Comments: Unhittable is really annoying thanks to its low stats and its limitation of one attacking move. I'm actually looking forward to learning Minimize in two levels: it seems like my only hope of defeating Chalang's Meganium is hax.

"Drill" the Fearow, Lv. 31
-Leer
-Fury Attack
-Pursuit
-Aerial Ace
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Mischievous.
Stats: 82/65/58/53/44/76
Gym Solo: Incomplete
Comments: After you overlook the fact that these are the moves Drill is stuck with for the rest of the game, it's actually not that bad. Soloing Erika in the future should be easy with Aerial Ace, and Drill's moves are passable. (I needed to catch it at Lv. 17 or higher to make sure it had Aerial Ace).

"Ninja" the Electrode, Lv. 32
-Thunderbolt
-Selfdestruct
-Swagger
-Protect
Ability: Static
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Stats: 85/47/52/61/61/111
Koga Solo: Incomplete
Janine Solo: Incomplete
Comments: Ninja's move restrictions leave a lot of room for creativity. I chose to go with a set approximating the in-game Gen IV version of SwagPlay to capitalize on Ninja's perma-Torment effect. I simply Swagger if it's not too dangerous, Protect to keep Ninja safe while the opponent herts itself, and Thunderbolt to finish it off. Ninja's high Speed comes in handy. I'm glad I played Voltorb Flip enough to get Thunderbolt, as it provides enough power for Ninja to make this strategy work.

Snaquaza take METAL the Magnemite

METAL is still trying to convince everyone that it is not just an Electric type (despite not having been mono-electric since Gen I) and will not learn any Electric moves at all. METAL wants to prove that Steel is better than Electric and must solo Elesa to evolve. After evolving, it still needs to prove its Steel typing further, and must prove it has a powerful Dragon resistance by soloing Drayden to evolve into a Magnezone. To prove itself as the best Steel type, it must solo Iris' Aggron as well.

Let me know if this needs to be adjusted. I would't mind another pokemon for my Platinum Scramble as well.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Snaquaza take METAL the Magnemite

METAL is still trying to convince everyone that it is not just an Electric type (despite not having been mono-electric since Gen I) and will not learn any Electric moves at all. METAL wants to prove that Steel is better than Electric and must solo Elesa to evolve. After evolving, it still needs to prove its Steel typing further, and must prove it has a powerful Dragon resistance by soloing Drayden to evolve into a Magnezone. To prove itself as the best Steel type, it must solo Iris' Aggron as well.

Let me know if this needs to be adjusted. I would't mind another pokemon for my Platinum Scramble as well.
Accepted!
You get Simba the Shinx (To go on with Movie theme o3o)
Simba wants to become a good Lion! He has to learn Roar, Swagger, Bite and Scary Face to reduce his restrictions!
~When you have none of these moves: Gotta Solo every Pokemon that is of a type of any move you have. If you fail, you gotta catch a new Shinx.
~When you have one of these moves: Gotta lead at all times, may not use items. If it faints, you gotta catch a new Shinx.
~When you have two of these moves: May evolve into Luxio (May never have less anymore). May not switch out.
~When you have three of these moves: If Intimidate: May only use attacking moves after taking an attack. If Rivalry: May only fight against Pokemon of the opposite Gender.
~When you have all: May evolve into Luxray; no restrictions!

Might be a tad hard, so notify me if it is.
Good luck!

AOPSUser take Updog the Lillipup.

This Lillipup is a bit of a prankster. Does this mean, this challange is something based on the Prankster ability? Of course not, Updog is just like that.

Updog, gets a kick out of being annoying. Updog may evolve upon flinching 25 Trainer Pokemon and flinching 5 boss Pokemon (flinching the same Pokemon 5 times doesn't count, they must be different Pokemon)

Upon reaching Nimbasa City, buy the Thunder Wave TM and teach it to Updog. Updog must now use Thunder Wave whenever it is sent out immediately. Every time, regardless if the opponent is Ground/Electric/already paralysed/burned/asleep/etc./otherwise immune to Thunder Wave. Updog must now spam the para-flinch strategy.

If the opponent is not/cannot be Paralysed, after the first Thunder Wave, switch out.
If the opponent is paralysed, use flinch-inducing moves until it has flinched
If the opponent is paralysed and has been flinched at least once, any move may be used.

To evolve into Stoutland, Updog must solo Skyla using only Thunder Wave and any move with a chance of inducing a flinch.

AOPSUser take Updog the Lillipup.

This Lillipup is a bit of a prankster. Does this mean, this challange is something based on the Prankster ability? Of course not, Updog is just like that.

Updog, gets a kick out of being annoying. Updog may evolve upon flinching 25 Trainer Pokemon and flinching 5 boss Pokemon (flinching the same Pokemon 5 times doesn't count, they must be different Pokemon)

Upon reaching Nimbasa City, buy the Thunder Wave TM and teach it to Updog. Updog must now use Thunder Wave whenever it is sent out immediately. Every time, regardless if the opponent is Ground/Electric/already paralysed/burned/asleep/etc./otherwise immune to Thunder Wave. Updog must now spam the para-flinch strategy.

If the opponent is not/cannot be Paralysed, after the first Thunder Wave, switch out.
If the opponent is paralysed, use flinch-inducing moves until it has flinched
If the opponent is paralysed and has been flinched at least once, any move may be used.

To evolve into Stoutland, Updog must solo Skyla using only Thunder Wave and any move with a chance of inducing a flinch.
Oh thank goodness this isn't BW2 or else I'd have to flinch a Skarmory to death.

Accepted, just one more to go!

I'm just going to step in here and say that I'm required to beat Chalang's (Silver's) Meganium (that has Synthesis and Petal Dance) with a Staryu with a moveset of Light Screen/Recover/Minimize/Surf. Oh, and I can't use items. I'm going to have to get seriously lucky to have a chance at winning this battle.

EDIT: Yes! I did it! Yay for bad trainer AI, confusion hax, and evasion hax!

Last edited:
I'm just going to step in here and say that I'm required to beat Chalang's (Silver's) Meganium (that has Synthesis and Petal Dance) with a Staryu with a moveset of Light Screen/Recover/Minimize/Surf. Oh, and I can't use items. I'm going to have to get seriously lucky to have a chance at winning this battle.

EDIT: Yes! I did it! Yay for bad trainer AI, confusion hax, and evasion hax!
Now you know why Evasion clause exists. :P

Have fun with Surge.

EDIT: Wait, you do realize that Unhittable only has to solo Meganium in Victory Road, right? Unless that was Victory Road, in which case don't mind me.

Snaquaza, take Messi the Scraggy.

Named after the currently top footballer in the world, Scraggy has big dreams. Unfortunately, it can't really live up to them, thanks to its speed and very, very loose pants. Scraggy ain't winnin' World Cups anytime soon...or is it?

Catch him (must be a male) ASAP. Once you catch him, he has a list of goals he would like to accomplish, and naturally, you, the coach, must help him do so. This must be done in order.

Run fast: Learn and keep a move that either boosts your speed or lowers that of your opponent. Also, never hold an item.
Kick hard: Learn and keep Hi Jump Kick as his only attacking move. He must hone his kick without distraction.
Practice: Always use Hi Jump Kick first every time (after learning the move) you are sent out regardless of opponent.
Join a pro team: Solo a soccer player in one of the stadiums in Nimbasa to join their team. Continue honing your skills by practicing on foes.
GOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL: Solo a gym leader Pokemon of your choice with High Jump Kick.
Get smart: "Practice" restriction altered so that he does not have to use High Jump Kick against an opposing Ghost-type. No need to get injured doing anything stupid. Also, from this point it may never use X-Items. It doesn't need them.
Hat trick: Solo three of Skyla's Pokemon to evolve.
National team: Solo one of the Elite Four.
Win the World Cup: Land the finishing blow on Champion Iris.

Last edited:
Solo the Rival's starter every time to prove how its tactics are superior to Ninja's. After soloing his Meganium at the end of Victory Road, it may evolve into Starmie to get even faster, and thus, better.
That was in Goldenrod Tunnel. According to your original challange (at least, how I interpreted it) I have to solo his starter every time after I get Unhittable, but the Victory Road solo allows Unhittable to evolve.

I'm not that worried about the Victory Road solo, though. By that point, I'll have access to the Move Deleter and should be able to replace Surf with Ice Beam (a wise choice for the E4 regardless).

AOPSUser if you want I'll give you another 'mon if you want to return the favour. Like Recec said earlier, its hard to keep the one pokemon per user rule when there aren't too many active users on the thread.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Now you know why Evasion clause exists. :P

Have fun with Surge.

EDIT: Wait, you do realize that Unhittable only has to solo Meganium in Victory Road, right? Unless that was Victory Road, in which case don't mind me.

Snaquaza, take Messi the Scraggy.

Named after the currently top footballer in the world, Scraggy has big dreams. Unfortunately, it can't really live up to them, thanks to its speed and very, very loose pants. Scraggy ain't winnin' World Cups anytime soon...or is it?

Catch him (must be a male) ASAP. Once you catch him, he has a list of goals he would like to accomplish, and naturally, you, the coach, must help him do so. This must be done in order.

Run fast: Learn and keep a move that either boosts your speed or lowers that of your opponent. Also, never hold an item.
Kick hard: Learn and keep Hi Jump Kick as his only attacking move. He must hone his kick without distraction.
Practice: Always use Hi Jump Kick first every time (after learning the move) you are sent out regardless of opponent.
Join a pro team: Solo a soccer player in one of the stadiums in Nimbasa to join their team. Continue honing your skills by practicing on foes.
GOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL: Solo a gym leader Pokemon of your choice with High Jump Kick.
Get smart: "Practice" restriction altered so that he does not have to use High Jump Kick against an opposing Ghost-type. No need to get injured doing anything stupid. Also, from this point it may never use X-Items. It doesn't need them.
Hat trick: Solo three of Skyla's Pokemon to evolve.
National team: Solo one of the Elite Four.
Win the World Cup: Land the finishing blow on Champion Iris.
Accepted!

Does Snaquaza or AOPSUser still need a Pokemon? If so, here's one.

Megumi the Pansage.
She loves Cilian's Pansage, and is doing everything to get him to like her and prove she is the best monkey of all monkeys.
- Must be Female.
- Her moveset is Attract, Work Up, a STAB attacking move, and any other non-damaging move.
- She must solo all of the elemental monkeys she comes across
- She can only evolve after killing your rival's monkey four times.

Trying Scramble for the first time on White 2. So please give easy to medium difficulty!
I can breed and trade quite easily.
Pokemon: N/A, 6 avaliable!

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
Does Snaquaza or AOPSUser still need a Pokemon? If so, here's one.

Megumi the Pansage.
She loves Cilian's Pansage, and is doing everything to get him to like her and prove she is the best monkey of all monkeys.
- Must be Female.
- Her moveset is Attract, Work Up, a STAB attacking move, and any other non-damaging move.
- She must solo all of the elemental monkeys she comes across
- She can only evolve after killing your rival's monkey four times.

Trying Scramble for the first time on White 2. So please give easy to medium difficulty!
I can trade quite easily.
Pokemon: N/A, 6 avaliable!
Take A-Hoy! the Alomomola
~ Alomomola thinks he is a pirate, who have no honor. It can only battle against Pokemon of a lower level.
~ Pirates don't bother with anything but direct fights. You can only use physical moves!

I hope this is okay and sure your Pansage is accept, I can start it then.

Thanks! I'd love to see how you go in your challenge!

For AOPSUser

Darken the Frillish
.::Darken is nuts and it likes it::.
- It must attack its own team mates if it is sent out in a double or triple battle
- It can only use moves with 60 or less BP
- It must have at least 2 ghost type moves at all times
- You cannot use revives on Darken
- Darken can only evolve when it has killed every member of the team at least once in triple or double battles (Not necessarily all at once)

Last edited:
PokeRangerKellyn take Darwin the Eevee.
Iirc, Glaceon and Leafeon are unobtainable until post-game. As such depending on it's nature determines what Darwin will evolve into: Lonely, Brave, Adamant or Naughty = Flareon. Bold, Relaxed, Impish or Lax = Vaporeon. Timid, Hasty, Jolly or Naive = Jolteon. Modest, Mild, Quiet or Rash = Espeon. Calm, Gentle, Sassy or Careful = Umbreon. Hardy, Docile, Serious, Bashful or Quirky = you're choice.

When it has evolved it must solo a boss of your choice.

Good luck; have fun. Feel free to ask questions, if confused/feels to easy (or too hard, doubt that it will be though... well maybe if you get Flareon).

Welcome to Smogon btw.

Do you need a pokemon Recec?

And thanks for Eevee! I happen to have a Bashful one just in my Black 2 box, so I might trade it over. Although deciding what to evolve it into will take a while :/

And how do i do the Spoiler things?

Snaquaza

KACAW
Do you need a pokemon Recec?

And thanks for Eevee! I happen to have a Bashful one just in my Black 2 box, so I might trade it over. Although deciding what to evolve it into will take a while :/

And how do i do the Spoiler things?
Do [ hide="[name]" ] [ /hide ]
But without the spaces, but otherwise they'd appear here

I'm fine for Pokemon for now. Thanks though.

As for hide tags...

Nevermind, ninja'd by Snaquaza.
(Good thing too, because I didn't know about the space trick, and wasn't sure how I was going to write it.)

You Type "@" and then the user's name immediately after it, no spaces. A list will come up as well, for you to select from.

Ninja'd again.

Snaquaza

KACAW
.... Is this thread active? >_<

Recec Snaquaza Shiny Dratini

Can you give me another pokemon? I really don't have much patience... How long does it normally take to collect six Pokemon?
A few days, anyway take Volcarona the Unaware. This Volcarona is unaware of its typing, so it must always have moves of four different types to try to have at least one attack of its typing. It can only have either one attack that is of the Fire or Bug type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)