ORAS OU The Sexiest of them all - Mega Lopunny Volt-Turn, Peaked: 1894+Elo #5

THE SEXIEST OF THEM ALL - MEGA LOPUNNY VOLT-TURN, Peaked: 1894+Elo #5

Artwork by EvilApple513

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to my Mega Lopunny Offensive Volt Turn Team!
Prepare for switch initiative at its finest :]​

PROOF OF PEAK
1894.PNG

Btw this is still ongoing and not the final peak.
THE_SQUAD

DETAILED_ANALYSIS

For those of you who are too lazy to read all of this, I got you covered ;]

I start explaining the sets at about 1:19

THE TEAM

Ms. Diggersby (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch​

Let's start with the star of the show, the captain of the squad, Mega Lopunny!
Due to the fact that it almost outspeeds the whole (non scarfed) OU metagame it is an phenomenal lategame cleaner, plus it gets stab fake out which is just pefect for a Mega cause it can get its Speed boost for free. The Moveset is pretty self explanatory, i have perfect neutral coverage with my STAB moves plus Ice punch for Landorus, Garchomp or Gliscor. Prior to Ice Punch i had Power-Up-Punch, but then Landorus was such an easy switch in.
But basically the job of Lopunny on this team was to:
  1. Hit and Run
  2. Revenge Kill
  3. Clean up Late-Game
But physical tanks such as Hippowdon, Slowbro, Clef wall this thing so i needed something to take care of those...​

Mr. Jack (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot

Mr. Jack (Hoopa Unbound) fits perfect to eliminate those threats. This exact spread allows me to:
2HKO Hippowdown:
212 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 231-273 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
OHKO Slowbro/Mega Slowbro:
212 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 491-580 (124.6 - 147.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
OHKO CM Clefable:
44 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 367-432 (93.1 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO​
So this thing fit perfect to prepare the Lopunny sweep.I really like the specially offensive set because people often leave their physical walls in against it and they get nuked. I have drain punch for coverage because people love bringing in their weaviles, bisharps or TTars :]. I know that this set doesn't really hit Mandibuzz that hard but i have other things for that.
But basically the job for Mr. Jack here is to:
  • Against offensive teams
    • Take a specially offensive hit and kill something in return
    • Death fodder
  • Against balance or stall
    • Wallbreak
    • F*ck sh*t up

Mr. Snuggles (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Ok now this thing is an absolute powerhouse! There are only 2 things that can switch safely into this. That is Heatran and SpDef Talonflame and ONLY SpD Talonflame any other varient gets 2HKOd. Every other thing that can take a Hyper Voice fears the HP Fire or Psyshock and if you can get your predictions right (the switchin is usually pretty obvious) you can OHKO Scizor, 2HKO Ferrothorn and 2HKO Def Mega Venusaur with Stealth Rocks, plus due to our high natural SpD we only take about 50% from its Sludge Bomb. I also found this thing to be a great lead. Because it OHKOs so many things that usually like to lead and an early kill really throws your oppont off most of the time.
To summarize the job of Mr. Snuggles:
  1. Wallbreak
  2. Surprise the Opponent
  3. Gaining Switch Initiative with Baton Pass

Ace (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Next up i chose scizor, because i wanted a Fairy resist, Priority and Switch Init. Scizor gave me all those things and more, cause it also Traps the Lati twins, wich can be a pain for lopunny if they are scarfed. Now i know some of you might be asking WHY do you put that much speed on scizor..? I gave this thing enough speed to outrun Rotoms with 8 EVs in Speed and i found this to be very useful this even won me a few games, just because i could avoid the burn and i got about 50% damage on the rotom. I know I'm giving up on a slow U-Turn, but not really , Scizor still gets outsped by so many things. So the Job of this thing is:

1. U-Turn 90% Time giving me Switch Init
  2. Clean up Late-Game with Bullet Punch
  3. Revenge Kill
  4. Trap things

Mr. T (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Now i still needed someone that sets rocks, and that helps against physical set-up sweepers. Also this is a pretty good answer to Talonflame and i desperately needed that. But our last member will also be able to handle it so don't worry.
I don't feel i have to say a lot about this set, because it is very standard. I do put 30 IV in speed to have a slower U-Turn than opposing Landorus-Ts (shoutout to Mega Mogwai, i got this from him)

Meister Proper (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

Meister Proper finishes off this Volt-Turn team perfectly, because it is a VERY GOOD answer to BURDSPAM which i struggle against otherwise. Again as this is a very standard set I'm not gonna go in too deep on this set, but aside from handling Birdspam, it deals with mega scizor/scizor and other setup sweepers if it can land a will-o-miss.​

PLAYSTYLE

With this team you will Click U-Turn/Volt-Switch/Baton Pass more often than not but that's what makes this team so strong, because you can bring in your very hard hitters for free [Lopunny/Scizor/Sylveon/Hoopa-Unbound]. I am fully aware that i don't have hazard controll, and it deals with stealth rocks pretty well, the only thing i am weak to is hazard stacking. If you have a lot of hazards on your side of the field, think twice about clicking U-Turn cause the damage will rack up.
THREATLIST

Nothing on my team can switch into this, but honestly there is not much that can do that, so i guess you have to sac something to this and kill it off with Fake Out + Return or if Rocks are up with just return from Mega Lopunny.

With the right coverage and with a Quiver Dance up this thing is a big problem. Good thing is that they are pretty rare. But if you face one just make sure your rocks are up and then you can try to kill it off with Fake out and Bullet Punch i guess.

Is hard to take down if you don't catch it with an HP Fire. Plus Lopunny fears the Protect so it cannot freely HJK this thing. Also this thing likes to hazard stack and as i already mentioned this team struggles with Spikes.

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-291375248 [this shows off how useful the speed on Scizor is]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-291289825 [a battle against Toxic Spikes and Spikes]

IMPORTABLE
Ms. Diggersby (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Mr. Snuggles (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Mr. Jack (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Ace (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Meister Proper (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Mr. T (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
I would be happy to hear your thoughts on this team so hit me with the most constructive feedback you have :]​

Last edited:
Hey,really nice team i like it,however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them for you.

You have a pretty big Bisharp weakness in your team which is really huge.
Scarf Landorus-T can be annoying for your team since you have a Hoopa-U and no rocky helmet/rough skin user which can punish him from using U-turn.

First,i'd suggest to use Klefki over Scizor, Klefki is a really good mon which can support its team thanks to its ability Prankster which allow him to have a priority on statut moves(Spikes/T-Wave/Magnet rise ect ..) and which can be helpfull if you don't have a way to deal with Dragon Dancer. Its also a better check to Lati@s since Scizor is OHKO'd by an Hidden Power Fire,you also don't really need Scizor to threat like Clefable since you are using Hoopa-U which can deal him huge damage.

I noticed that you aren't really weak to Sand offense(Excadrill) since you are using an Rotom-W and you are still weak to Bisharp, Garchomp will fix this problem quickly by also helping you against physical threat like M-Gross/M-Lopunny, Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin allow you punish Scarf Landorus-T from U-turn,for the last slot you can use Fire Blast to be used as decent check to Scizor and to hit Ferrothorn/Skarmory or Stone Edge if you want to have a better time with Zard-Y,Volcarona.

Keldeo look like very annoying for your team and you still don't have a decent Keldeo switch-in (Rotom-W/Klefki can be 2HKO'd) and you don't have a really solid fighting resistence, Latias can fix all this problem by also giving you the healing wish support which will help M-Lopunny a lot.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Healing Wish

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge

Scizor >>>
Klefki
Landorus-T >>>
Garchomp
Sylveon >>>
Latias
Rotom-W (Set)

Good luck with your team.

Thank you for your thoughts on my team , i really appreciate them :]!

I've faced a lot of Bisharps and none of them was a problem yet because i feel almost every pokemon on my team can somewhat deal with it,
or at least stop it from setting up:
Landorus lives a knock off from a +1 Bisharp and KOs it back with an EQ
Rotom can also take a neutral knock off and burn it
Hoopa has drain punch and outspeeds it, so i can switch out on the predicted sucker punch or stay in on the predicted attack
Lopunny eats bisharp alive
Scizor can take a knock off and kills bisharp with Superpower
Sylveon loses to bisharp but a lot of them stay in and just set up an SD so i can OHKO them back with a Hyper Voice

If it gets to +2 i have to sac a mon ad KO it with lopunny.

Why would you run 44 in speed on rotom?
The thing is if i change all those things you recommended i'd no longer have a Volt-Turn-Pass team which was the main concept when building it.
I do like the garchomp suggestion though i will give that a try :)

Don't get me wrong i think you really have a good point, but i also don't want to change up my whole team concept if i didn't run into said problem yet :]

I'm a lot worse than you are, but I've used volt-turn since the very early days of B/W and I've never seriously used any other core since then. I think I was one of the first that used fully defensive landorus-t (at the time, everyone was trying to take advantage of his "ridiculous" attack stat [which isn't as impressive today]).

Back then, I ran a specially defensive rotom-w (obviously because the threats were different), but it's still something to consider today. Currently, I feel as though once sylveon is weakened on your team, a strong special attacker can do some serious damage to you. None of your team has any investment in special defense. Even though rotom-w seems like it wouldn't tank physical hits as well, it will still most likely force switches from scizor and t-flame (and landorus-t already checks both of them pretty well anyways) and help in beating special attackers.

The set is:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

You could probably mess with the EV's since it was for older threats. (28 SpA EVs was used to OHKO max HP Gliscor with Hydro Pump, which could otherwise Toxic stall Rotom-W)

252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Rotom-W: 102-120 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 135-160 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is what happened here with his thundurus-I (he did get lucky with the crit, but it would have 2HKO'd anyways):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-291680383

IDK, you definitely know better though. I've never been so high up on ladder.

Last edited:
Hi, I commented on your youtube video but I'll try to bring some more constructive thoughts here. A few things...

You might want to consider a 252 HP/216 Def/44 Speed set on Rotom-W, to outspeed max speed jolly azumarill and either volt switch or burn it.

Also, heatran is somewhat of a problem for your team, since nothing can really switch into it very well (rotom-w is physically defensive, not specially, and fears burns because it already gets worn down pretty quickly). Everything else fears burns too, except sylveon, but your sylveon cant touch heatran. You can always revenge kill it, but in general your team has few switch-ins to specially offensive fire types.

Knock off>super power on scizor? Knock off is a great utility move in general, and though you're usually u-turning, I feel like locking yourself into superpower can be bad. Consider whether you need more fighting coverage on your team.

Lastly, it's up to you, but things like status and hazard removal could be good for your team, as the former helps you against set up sweepers, physical attackers, and fat mons with reliable recovery (paralysis/burn/toxic). The latter helps you against your aforementioned problem of hazard stacking and prevents your team from being unnecessarily worn down (your entire team is based around the problem of switching, and nothing has reliable recovery).

Overall, I'd like you to consider these changes, but I really like your team! I've been trying to build a hoopa-unbound/mega-lopunny team for a while, as I said on your video, and this seems awesome! Keep up the good work.

-teamjolteon4ever

Two more things:

1. I went to go import your team and change your nicknames to my own, and I was amazed at your Landorus-Therian nickname! I use the same one!!! Did you see that on showdown? I came up with it on my own. That's awesome.

2. Your font and overall aesthetic appeal of this RMT is really cool. It's clear you put a lot of effort into making both the team and the rmt.

-teamjolteon4ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey :]!
First of all thank you so much for your suggestion.
I do have a few Questions though...
1. Is max speed Jolly Azumarill a thing? because this Rotom Set outruns the most common sets on Azumarill.

The thing is Superpower on Scizor is just there to stop SpDef Heatran or catch an offensive varient on the switch in. I do understand where you're coming from though and i will gladly test this team with knock off scizor :)

How can i fit Hazard Removal on this team though? I thought about it very long but i didnt come up with something that would fit better than any other of my current members.
Maybe I should go with choice banded defog on scizor lol ^^

Lol what? i came up with this nickname by myself too hahaha

Hey :]!
First of all thank you so much for your suggestion.
I do have a few Questions though...
1. Is max speed Jolly Azumarill a thing? because this Rotom Set outruns the most common sets on Azumarill.

The thing is Superpower on Scizor is just there to stop SpDef Heatran or catch an offensive varient on the switch in. I do understand where you're coming from though and i will gladly test this team with knock off scizor :)

How can i fit Hazard Removal on this team though? I thought about it very long but i didnt come up with something that would fit better than any other of my current members.
Maybe I should go with choice banded defog on scizor lol ^^

Lol what? i came up with this nickname by myself too hahaha
Hey dude,

I've been playing with your team for a while and I have to say, I love it. Really nice. I've only peaked around 1550, but that's a personal high for me because I'm an awful battler lol. However I think your team can be improved a bit.

1. DEFINITELY run the 248/216/44 spread for rotom wash. Jolly azumarill is a thing, and the slightly lessened bulk is well worth the ability to burn a potential +6 azumarill. Plus if you have to bring it in when it's already +6, an aqua jet usually won't kill you, but a knock off will, therefore its nice to always be able to outspeed it.

2. I decided to keep superpower on scizor, however Knock Off>Pursuit. This is because a) you're not running knock off on landorus, and its a great utility move, and b) scizor isn't really the best pursuit trapper. This is because the mons its supposed to trap, namely latias and latios, often carry hidden power fire. Bisharp (Assault Vest) and Tyranitar are generally superior trappers because Lati@s can't touch them, whereas scizor dies if they happen to have the coverage move (many of them do). Plus, your team doesn't really have problems with the lati twins. Fake out + Return kills 100% of the time, and latios needs only take stealth rocks and return, not even fake out. And latios and latias are literally never choice scarfed.

Otherwise, looks good! Smogon recommends a slightly different spread for hoopa, but the more specially-attacking inclined set you provided has worked fine for me. Good luck with your team!

Hi soundofsmash nice team(before starting sry for bad english)

I noticed some weakneses , one of this is
Bisharp , nobody in your team is a good answer because your oppo can predict for example Lopunny switch-in and use iron head (252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 191-226 (70.4 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO).
Keldeo is another threat for your team and the offensive set you run on sylveon doesn't help you. Like you said
Zard-Y is a threat for your team , you have no switchin-in and only 1 thing that can revenge kill.

This is what i suggest:

/
>
The Lati-twins instead of Sylveon. With the twins you can check Zard-y, and electrics that can give you a problem such as M-Manectric, thundurus, etc. and can remove hazards.

>
I suggest this because Garchomp plays well with M-Lopunny and Rotom-Wash(Ferrothorn) and in addition support your team against Bisharp and Scizor that give you problems.

/
>
The last change that i suggest , personally i don't like Scizor no-mega in ORAS although the reason is another , removing from the team Lando-T there would be the Excadrill Weakness (yes garchomp's a solid mon but has just 2 max. 3 switch) , Ferro(Skarm) plays really well with all members of the team , give support and set the spikes which help M-Lopunny sweep against Offensive teams and Hoopa-U sweep against Stall/Semi-Stall/Balanced teams.

that's all i hope i helped

Last edited:
teamjolteon4ever
Glad that you are able to test my team :] and that it works out for you!
You are so right yeah i will definitely change Rotoms Evs for Azu.
And the suggestion for Pursuit to knock off is brilliant! I really was lacking a knock off user! Thanks!

Bro Kappa
First of all thanks for your helpful thoughts on my team :]
I do understand that this team is on paper weak to Bisharp But as i already explained. Its just a problem if it gets the chance to set up and everyone of my pokemon can prevent that, and worst case scenario i sac a mon and kill it with HJK. I have faced many bisharps and none of them gave me problem because i knew exactly how to handle them.

Replacing one of the Lati twins with sylveon could work for me because this would give me a defoger which would definitely help this team, so i will test this suggestion, if it's worth it to lose the surprise factor on Choice Specs Sylveon! :]

I don't want to change Lando for Garchomp and Scizor for Ferro/Skarm because this would take away the main concept of this team VOLT TURN.

Reactions: BK
Hey man, this is a really good team you have here! I've been trying it out in Showdown for a bit, and these guys have been doing pretty well. I have made changes, per what I've seen suggested in this thread and a few other things. I'd like to show you what I've tried out so maybe you can try them out yourself. Who knows, you might have better success than what I've had.

I've been running Defog Latias and SR Garchomp, and both have done pretty well.

I noticed you said you didn't want to lose your VoltTurn core, and I completely understand that. Instead, I've tried out a few other mons with Volt Switch or U-Turn.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

This set was used with the various Rotom-Wash sets suggested. I went for Talonflame because it's an effective counter to Ferrothorn and Bisharp (as long as it doesn't use Sucker Punch), in particular, which were pointed out as threats. This thing can also check Keldeo and MegaZardY, the former better than the latter. I didn't keep this one around for long, but it was a good option.

Since I kind of like trying new things out and experimenting, I tried out a completely different VoltTurn core that you wouldn't even expect.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Rest
- U-turn

These two support each other and the rest of the team pretty well. Most people seem to forget that Manaphy can pack U-Turn, so there's a nice element of surprise. Manaphy also provides Scald, which Rotom himself can't learn, and can aid the team pretty nicely. Thundurus also provides the crippling with Thunder Wave, and the Volt Switch usually follows a Thunder Wave to potentially allow MegaLops and Hoopa to switch in safer. That, and Focus Blast provides another answer to Landorus.

Again, these were just things I tried out. Hope I helped a little!

Hey burnanator9 ! Thank you so much for that suggestion, sorry that my response took so long!
Defog Latias really does make sense! Who would you replace latias with?

If i put talonflame on the team, hazard controll would be mandatory i feel like so talonflame would not be that good of an option imo BUT i really like your manaphy suggestion! i will definitely try that one out!

Again thanks for your suggestion!
Cheers :]

Hey burnanator9 ! Thank you so much for that suggestion, sorry that my response took so long!
Defog Latias really does make sense! Who would you replace latias with?

If i put talonflame on the team, hazard controll would be mandatory i feel like so talonflame would not be that good of an option imo BUT i really like your manaphy suggestion! i will definitely try that one out!

Again thanks for your suggestion!
Cheers :]
I believe I was using Latias in place of Sylveon, as suggested in earlier replies. Glad I could help you out! Best of luck with the team as you continue to use it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)