Other The Shiny Crew

The Shiny Crew

Introduction

I wanted to make a team around the Pokémon I like. Not for a specific tier but to make a fun team to play on WiFi battles and mainly for conventions where there are Pokémon tournaments. A friend of mine gave me a ton of shinies so I made a team around a few of the shinies he gave to me. Even though this isn’t aa OU team, I did ladder on Showdown with this team because I’m probably gonna face a lot of OU Pokémon. I managed to win more games than I lost but the main thing is that I liked how the team played. So I decided to make this RMT to get some feedback on the team. Any suggestions are welcome!

NOTE: This is a level 50 team but the import is level 100!

Teambuilding

The layout I like the most is having 2 tanky Pokémon, 1 defensive and the other specially defensive (kinda obvious :V) , a physical sweeper (prefer with scarf), a special sweeper, a support and a filler. The filler is a Pokémon to cover the last weaknesses as well as balancing the physical and special aspect. I prefer having 3 physical attackers and 3 special attackers. This is what I prefer not what I must have tho.

The starting Pokémon: Crobat. I decided on Crobat because I liked him since I started playing competitive Pokémon. His insane speed in combination with his typing made him in Gen 6 even better than he already was with all the Fairies flying around. I wanted to use him even more because I took the effort of breeding him near perfect.

Heliolisk is the next member on the team. With an amazing shiny sprite and a good moveset and speed I couldn’t leave him out. I personally like is typing with a STAB normal Hyper Voice in the mix. Every time I picked him up on my RU team I enjoyed switching him in and was shocked a few times on how much damage he can do. He also gives a lot of momentum with Volt Switch (and with the U-turns on my team I can easily get the switch advantage)

With the fast and hard hitting Pokémon already on my team I had to get a Special Defensive wall on my team. I prefer a Pokémon that can soak the damage but also can 1v1 the opponent. Lapras is of course not the first Pokémon you think of but because it looks so nice with the shiny sprite I had to include her. With decent HP and Sp Def you can run a more offensive set to dish out damage as well as tank special attacks.

A normal defensive Stealth Rocker is what I need next to Lapras to take the damage and to get my Rocks up. But since Crobat doesn’t run Defog I was in need of a spinner to not get obliterated by Stealth Rock. So why not both? Aside from the (yet again) nice sprite, Sandslash seemed to do the job. Donphan was an option as well but I took Sandslash because he is shiny and who doesn’t like a shiny Sandslash?

Crobat Mienshao is my favorite core ever since I started playing competitive Pokémon. With Mienshao’s ablilty to sweep an entire weakened team (5% HP Mienshao sweeping 5 Pokémon with High Jump Kick) and the momentum gained from U-turn is just amazing. I needed a Scarfed Pokémon and Mienshao is the first one to pop up.

With many weaknesses around the Fairy and Psychic type I needed a Fairy Pokémon to deal with Dragon types as well. To get rid of most weaknesses I thought of putting Mega Mawile in but I think he will get banned from the tournaments because he is in Uber. Therefore I needed another Fairy type and because I have this beautiful Pokémon shiny as well I just put her in. I still had a mega slot open so why not?

Pokémon

Crobat (M) @
Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Level: 50
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn
My main stallbreaker and lead. With a speedy Taunt the opponent can’t setup or use Stealth Rock often forcing a switch. The EV spread might seem a little bit odd but I have chosen this because I can outspeed Noivern with 200 Speed. Because I can get Pokémon against me from all tiers I like to outspeed most of it with Crobat. A 252 Atk Brave Bird has a chance to OHKO a Gengar (only 31.3% but guaranteed after SR), I like the offensive pressure the 252 Atk brings along. Roost is there to recover from the recoil and SR damage as well as being able to tank more resisted moves. With U-turn you can switch after the opponent has switched to get the advantage and momentum that I like about this team.
Synergy
- Sandslash
- Lapras - Heliolisk
- Gardevoir
- Sandslash - Mienshao

Heliolisk @
Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Volt Switch
I really like Heliolisk for his moveset, typing and just how strong he is. Heliolisk has an amazing moveset because he can learn Surf. Therefore a Ground type isn’t a really save switch. His main thing in this team is to deal amazing special damage as well as gaining momentum with Volt Switch. Thunderbolt for the obvious STAB and Hyper Voice for the mostly neutral burst to anything that resists Electric type moves. As said Surf for the Ground type coverage (didn’t pick Hidden Power Grass because of the IV’s, it’s hard to get a shiny Heliolisk with Hidden Power Grass). Volt Switch for the momentum.
Synergy
- Gardevoir - Crobat
- Crobat

Lapras @
Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature / Quiet Nature
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Psychic
- Ice Shard
I didn’t play much with Lapras in the past but I have begun to like this set a lot. Lapras was mainly chosen for the shiny sprite but stayed because I liked the playstyle it brings along. With an Assault Vest it can tank special attacks for long enough to take the opponent out or force the switch. With 252 SpA it deals a good chunk with Surf / Hydro Pump or Freeze-Dry and Ice Shard for the Gardevoir trying to setup with Calm Mind but is surprised by the priority that is Ice Shard. Freeze-Dry is such a wonderful move hitting Water types super effective as well as a reliable STAB and it’s not a common move since only 9 Pokémon get it (7 are in NU LOL). Psychic is to deal with the Fighting weakness. I might want to change Psychic since I can deal with Fighting type Pokémon with Crobat and Gardevoir.
Synergy
- Sandslash
- Gardevoir - Crobat
- Crobat - Lapras
- Sandslash - Mienshao

Sandslash @
Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
My defensive Pokémon and Rocker. Because it has such a nice shiny sprite and because it can learn Rapid Spin, I had to put him in the team. He fills all that I need, Electric immunity since I have a lot of Electric weakness on my team as well as SR and RS. With Knock Off to potentially deal with Ghost types but more for the utility of removing the opponents item (since this has become very important in gen 6). Earthquake for the obvious STAB and Electric coverage.
Synergy
- Crobat - Lapras
- Lapras
- Lapras - Heliolisk

Mienshao @
Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Mienshao is my favorite scarfed Pokémon due to its high speed and good attack. It has the potential of sweeping the whole enemy team and with the ability to learn Knock Off and Poison Jab it has gained even more coverage than it had in BW. With the scarf it outspeeds almost any Pokémon which is nice to have on the team. I usually run Regenerator but with Reckless you have a 37.5% chance to OHKO a full health Mega Aerodactyl. And after SR or a little damage it’s guaranteed which is great because Aerodactyl can become a problem. I have chosen Poison Jab over Stone Edge pure for the fact that I have nothing to deal with Fairy Pokémon so I needed a Poison type attack. I might want to change Knock Off but I’m not entirely sure about it. U-turn for the obvious reason.
Synergy
- Crobat
- Heliolisk
- Gardevoir

Gardevoir (F) @
Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
Even though this is the filler spot it doesn’t mean it is just there to fill the spot. Gardevoir has an amazing Special Attack and Defense making it easier to set up against Special Attackers. It feels that Gardevoir fills the spot greatly with a Psychic resist and Dragon immunity. 24 Defense gives Gardevoir enough defense to take two Psyshocks from Latios. Calm Mind is there to set up on Pokémon but I might want to change it to Shadow Ball to give more coverage against Ghost and Psychic types. Hyper Voice is Gardevoirs main STAB to the Pixiliate ability when mega evolving. Psyshock to take down Special walls and Focus Blast for coverage.
Synergy
- Heliolisk
- Sandslash

Importable
Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Volt Switch

Lapras @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Psychic
- Ice Shard

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Threat List
I’m trying to update this along the way so it’s still WIP

Weavile
With many Ice/Dark weaknesses (even though Gardevoir is neutral resist now) it’s hard to take a physical hit from Weavile. Also with the priority and Knock Off, it’s a threat. Crobat outspeeds it but Ice Shard takes a 53% - 62.7% of off Crobat’s health. And it needs to be weakened for Crobat to take out with a Brave Bird.

Mega Aerodactyl
Crobat, Heliolisk and Lapras get outsped and OHKO’d, Sandslash can’t hurt him , Ice Fang does 40-47% to Sandslash, Gardevoir can maybe take a hit but can only do ~54% damage max. So the only thing I have to take care of Mega Aerodactyl is Mienshao because it outspeeds and has a 37.5% chance to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl (guaranteed after SR damage). If Mienshao is gone, Mega Aerodactyl has a good chance to sweep. Even with Ice Shard on Lapras (only does 27.9 – 32.5% with Quiet Nature) it’s hard to deal with.

Replays

Conclusion

I have really enjoyed playing with this team and I can’t wait to get it on my game as well. I’m always open for suggestions and improvements so don’t hesitate to post!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)