Tournament The Sketchmons Open [Round 3]

Welcome to the Sketchmons Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Sketchmons ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Round 3

Deadline is 7 days from this post, March 15th. Remember to post replays or your match will be coin-flipped.

Matame vs Jordn
Melle2402 vs Mysterious M
InfernapeTropius11 vs Megazard
Zephyr Dragon Lord vs Official Fissure
Laxpras vs Racool
King Wynaut vs cuzzie
MiyoKa vs Arifeen
Akashi vs Level 56

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Wut is this draw... i swear i have had like ridiculously hard matches every time
Also, iirc I played lax yesterday in like 3 practice matches, and said something along the lines of "inb4 we get matched up r3" so yeah typical... ;-;

Anyways, he contacted me and its arranged

Matame vs Jordn - I would have picked him anyway tbh
Melle2402 vs Mysterious M - the alliteration is too strong in this matchup
[ Winner of: InfernapeTropius11 vs hoblaph ] vs Megazard - I keep picking against megazard. Not today
[ Winner of: iLlama vs Zephyr Dragon Lord ] vs Official Fissure - see my last prediction post
Laxpras vs Racool - on the one hand, Laxpras is objectively the fourth best OM player of 2016. on the other, "racool: looking forward to ur predictions for r3 ;P"
King Wynaut vs [ Winner of: Torpid vs cuzzie ] - sketchmons is an absolute monarchy
MiyoKa vs Arifeen - go
Akashi vs [ Winner of: Level 56 vs Lax ] - pretty sure jeran takes this, though this will be a highlight 2 matchups

Won vs Laxpras in 2 ggs.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-544883817
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-544890994
The first one was intense as hell ngl, and in all honesty I was outplayed in it. I think you got unlucky with some predictions, as well as a bolt strike miss that probably mattered a lot in the end, so sorry about that :/
The second one was just a bad matchup for you, as between cloy and kart I had 2 wincons the moment cele died, so again sorry about the matchup :/
S/O to Official Fissure and Jordn for helping me test:) and sorry for actually going through with the second match after telling you that I wouldnt jrdn, i had a change of heart :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)