The Smogon Factor - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE SMOGON FACTOR

Round 2 ~ 70s
Hosted by jumpluff and Ace Matador, co-hosted by Accent

Welcome to the second round of the Smogon Factor karaoke contest! This round is 70s songs. Any song that was released between the 1st of January in 1970 and the 31st of December in 1979 is acceptable. A simple Google search will be enough to find out if the song you'd like to pick is appropriate, and if you lack inspiration, here are some key artists:
  • ABBA
  • AC/DC
  • Bee Gees
  • Bob Marley
  • Deep Purple
  • The Eagles
  • Elvis Presley
  • The Jackson 5
  • Janis Joplin
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Ramones
  • The Who

We ask that you submit your song choice to the hosts as soon as possible, as there's a limit of thwo people maximum doing a specific song. You have two weeks to record, at which time voting will go up, so have fun singing!

When you've done your recording, please send the file to jumpluff, Ace Matador or Accent (Accent is recommended for now) so we can upload it to the Smogon Factor's YouTube Channel. By the way, a personal favourite of mine to record with is Audacity, though Google will yield other alternatives if you can't use it!
If you have upload your song on your own channel, please follow this format for the title:
R2: Singer - Name of song

And now, the moment you all waited for: THE SURVIVORS!
6A9 Ace Matador
Accent
Atticus
badalcristiano
Bucky
Da Letter El
DM
Earthworm
godudette
Justinawe
Kinneas
LonelyNess
Philip7086
pookar
Seven Deadly Sins
The_Chaser

And the song choices so far:
Atticus: Another Brick in the Wall, by Pink Floyd
Accent: Baba O'Riley, by The Who
badalcristiano: We will rock you, by Queen
Bucky: Hopelessly Devoted to You, from Grease
DM: Old Man, by Neil Young
godudette: Hopelessly Devoted to You, from Grease
Justinawe: Travelin' Band, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Kinneas: The Jacksons, by Rockin Robin
Lonelyness: Carry On My Wayward Son, by Kansas
Philip7086: Kung-Fu Fighting, by Carl Douglas
pookar: Have a Cigar, by Pink Floyd
Seven Deadly Sins: Hotel California, by Eagles
zerowing: Rapper's Delight, by The Sugarhill Gang

Deadline: 11:59 PM, 25th May, 2010 (GMT)

----------

Submissions:

Guest Submissions:

The system and the results have been changed. The 16 submissions with the most votes were saved; since shade and The_Chaser were tied with 12 votes each on the 16th spot, they were both saved.

I deeply apologise to those who were given false hopes and to competitors as a whole. The new list is in the OP.

If you have any comment about the hosting or the competition in general please PM me in order to keep this thread clean of controversy, drama etc.

Thanks, please continue as if nothing happened :)

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was hoping to cover

Tom Jones - She's a Lady

But I can't find a Karaoke version on youtube or anywhere. If anybody could help me out with this I'd appreciate it a lot. I've already recorded the vocals but I have no backing track to put it over, and I'd rather not try and play it over the original song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)