The Snail will Prevail ! (Extra Heavy Bulky Offense)

The Snail will Prevail

Hello smogon wellcome to my second UU rmt ,i am Grey knight and for those that don't remember me, i was the guy that was bashing off every single rate in my last rmt.

For a long time UU was my refugee from the dragon spam in the higher ladders,it was the place i could be creative and use imagination a whole new experience overall, by the end of last month however things changed i started getting tired of stupid ampipoms/mienshao fake outs and sick of seeing the same all balanced team formations not only that but games got really long some times even 30 turns something that is almost unbearable for a player like me that is used to the 15 turns hyper offensive OU game play with constant double switching predicting sacrificing and risking all those things that make the difference from a decent player to a really good player, so i decided to drop my balanced team that i was using at the time darmanitan could never be a decent bandtini replacement anyway and i started extensively browsing the rmt sections for something new to take inspiration from i saw some really good offensive teams from guys like cherub agent, Somalia and psyc07ic i noticed that the descriptions mentioned that those teams offered fast enjoyable game play just what i was looking for, i also noticed that they contain the dual screens a ferocious offensive tactic that i rarely used.

So i picked a dual screener and then i added some setup sweepers, the first results where good, after gaining some experience and testing different poks the results where even better, i reached to the point that i was getting 7-9 consecutive winning streaks against 1750 and above guys and gained an above 50% winning ratio against super high class players of rating 1950+, not only that but i almost managed to peak the ladder twice but hax mistakes from anxiety along with other factors ruined everything i did however managed to get one #20 and i am currently 2300 with variation +-140 and about 15 matches on another alt of mine, it wont be late before i peak this ladder as well, the fact that i have fast games really helps me to test things and change other efficiently and fast.

Team building proses

I started with Azelf, Azelf was good but not enough, i needed something more bulky that could set up screens more that once in case the first offensive was not successful but in the same time to be able to accumulate to the teams overall defensive synergy being able to switch and stomach a hjk a cross cc etc, i used cress for some matches but i noticed that it was a terrible set up fodder for many gimmick sweepers anything from double booster rhyperior to sd scyter could easily exploit its non existent offensive presence, so i used mew, mew is something in the between it has both the defensive values of cress but it also keeps some of the avds that Azelf had.

Next i needed a high power sweeper, i heard people talking about Omastar and how strong it was so i decided to throw him in, the first tests shocked me this pokemon remains intact in its team slot ever since the embryonic phase of my team and i have to say it deserves it, its just hilarious how easy this thing sweeps teams, even teams with more than one check against him fail to stop it most of the times under screens , i love Omastar even if its an ugly snail the way it gives me 40 secs wins in the low ladder is just priceless.

I always loved to add some Character to my teams, so i decided to use my low tier signature pokemon witch happens to be my favorite one , its Gallade the most underrated threat in the entire game. I am not saying that because i use it since i started playing in half of the low ladder teams i make, this thing **pes with smart play and the right set its fully capable to destroy both prepared and unprepared teams alike and under screens this thing gets even better, you can't imagine how many times i get sudden death victories early on with it, simply because it has the 100% super effective coverage against every single pokemon in my opponents team while none of the opponents pokemon 2hko's back under screens and boosts, not only that but manu of my opponents don't know what i could possibly run on my gallade, so surprise leaf blades on swamperts or night slashes on azelfs are more often that you think even in the high ladder.

Suicune, i must say that suicune is one the latest additions to my team i only have 30 games with it i cant remember the exact number of the pokemon that i used in this move slot , maybe 4 maybe 6 one thing is for sure suicune deserves it more than any other , This thing stabilizes my team both defensively and offensively ,it takes less than 50% from most fighting type's high-power moves even without screens , it can beat cofa even at +4 , x3 (2 NP) if its under screens and gets a CM boost, it can also beat raikou some times with one calm mind, i kills it easier with screens or at more Cminds, other than that i kills most grass types something that is ironic if you consider that they are regarded as good suicune "checks".
It beats almost every pokemon in the tier in one to one situations and beats even more and much easier under screens thats the short description and the reason it is in my team, and if you dont believe me try something like dragon dance kingdra or raikou instead i did as well but i quickly overlooked them for this Titan.

Porygon-Z is my second late game sweeper , i needed one since i couldn't constantly relay on Omastar to outspeed and sweep the late game, because of the bit slow nature of my team i was having issues by fast Glass Cannons like choice scarf mienshao ,darma and others. i was running either of the nido family in this slot but somehow the fighting types could overwhelm them easily if they where at full hp so i picked porygon-Z to kill them.
The same porygon-Z that psychotic used, and i must say that its a pretty amazing pokemon even if its bulk is poor, it sweeps the opponent's sweepers before they sweep me, pretty simple .

I picked cofa in the last slot , even if it never gets a full sweep, its capable of ripping huge holes, helping the others sweepers to have an easier time, not only that but the defensive and stabilizing qualities are really needed , i used a number of pokemon in this slot like heracross mienshao and even durant, they where not that successful however but it could be easily circumstantial .

In Depth set analysis

huge pic but its symbolism fits perfectly in my rmt
Personal Jesus (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 3 Atk
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Its a basic all out attacker suicune so much better that lackluster mono scalder sleep talker set
i choose to run leftovers because they work much better than LO on suicune, this set allows it to take a lot of punishment and give a lot of punishment in return ,it usually comes after mew as it can switch easily on almost everything under the screens and creates huge holes preparing a omastar sweep by weakening things that trouble it , i choose to use hp electric since i run hp grass on my omastar so not one water type can wall both of my waters at the same time.

The evs are simple, i run enough speed to make suicune surprisingly fast and outrun honkcrew that probaply troubles every team that doesn't run sub Zapdos and physical defensive rhyperior.

7 seconds (Gallade) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 40 Def / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash/Psycho cut/Ice punch.......
- Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade/Thunder punch/psycho cut ..........
- Bulk Up

Ok the only issue i have with Gallade is that i have no idea what to do with the two coverage moves, this thing has so many options that even after all this time that i am using it haven't yet decided what to run on this guy,we are talking about a move pool that includes anything from WoW to wish and from the elemental punches to all the slash attacks, this thing like i said with the appropriate set it usually has the`100% percent SE coverage even early on in the game just pick any move other than shadow sneak witch is terrible coverage killer such a hubris to this amazing move pool , lum berry is essential in this set as it almost always gets activated and it allows it to bypass unreliable status users like all the scalders sleep powder users like rose witch gets almost 2hkd by un boosted drain punch, it also allows it to face titanic walls like cofa without fear and beat them many times with night slash.
Its battle performance is amazing and it gets even better if you know how to play with it, there are a lot of details like always finishing of with drain punch, extensive planning but most of all knowing where to stop sweeping so it can be used later.

Evs: The evs spread looks weird but i think it is one of the best it can run in UU, enough speed to outran suicunce and many others but at the same time full hp and some def to reduce some damages from the physical side after all it has not much to fear from the special side as its already superb s.def allows it to survive things like a shadow ball used by S.attack monsters like chandelure even without the screens up.

Note: I wont include the coverage moves in the importable, because i want to let you choose them after all it doesn't really matter just pick what suits you more ,leaf blade for hitting roaring waters harder ice punch for hitting birdies night slash for killing ghost types most of the time etc ...

Fly Away (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Agility
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Ok this is a the exact same set psych used but i dint not steal it like some "bruh" believes in the UU channel of PS it just ended up being exact the same , i run just a bit more a hp while keeping all the speed i need, pretty good pokemon although some times its hard to set up both NP and Agility even under screens, its ability to sweep the late game and remove a ton of frail shit just by a click of a button is the main reason it's here , tri attack ko's pretty much every popular sweeper with medium defenses (hera,flygon etc) while dark pulse hits hard the poks that are immune to tri attack nasty plot allows it crash even the greatest walls like umbreon and snorlax therefore its much better than some needless coverage like Tbolt/ice beam after all tri attack hits almost as strong as they do even if they hit for SE damage because of the adaptability (2*95=190,2*80=160) you might think that it gets a lot of problems from steel types but thats not quite true the only one that can reliably check it under screens other than the horrible regi is empoleon and it wont do much after one np or if it got weakened trying to stop the rest of my special attackers.

The evs are simple minimum attack to occasionally beat umbreon and some hp evs.

Fortune Faded (Omastar) (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 2 Atk
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

I've asked many people about the ideal set of Omastar, i was getting different answers every time so i decided to make this one by my self, hp grass for the same reason mentioned in the cune's description although water types with ground partial typing don't really enjoy a +2 surf, anyway omastar is the star of the team so ridiculously strong and blah blah blah, its just powerful not much to say about that.

Evs: i decided to run a lot of speed so i can outrun jolly scarfcross that infests the tier , there is no way to outrun scarf mshao and fgon but they can be defeated at good hp with reflect up, i run the rest evs to hp to help its already good physical bulk that notably allows it to take an earthquake from flygon and a CC from Cobalion (un-boosted) even without screens up.

Smooth Operator (Mew) @ Light Clay
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Magic Coat

Mew lately seems to be the answer to all of my move slot wishes, whenever i need a dedicated lead that can rain dance while being capable of passively destroying a scalder/Toxic user with their own status , or just when i want a good set up sweeper , mew is the first thing that comes to my mind, so i wasn't surprised when i resorted to this guy again.
Magic coat is an amazing move in today's UU meta as it lets me beat most of the other leads like taunt azelf and even rare Aerodactyl while it wins me most of the games against Baton pass at turn 1, roar might look not needed here but its not, in fact this move is so important that made me to choose mew over cresselia in the first place, there are just so many things that grab offensive momentum against my screeners (substitute,setting up etc) so i was forced to use roar i wasn't sure if i should run it or not but after a defeat against Afro Smash caused mostly to his sub seed shaymin setting up on my mew twice, i cemented roar to its move slot , the screens is what turns this team from offensive set up team to Dual screens Heavy offense team, many people use rocks instead but i wanted to make a team without them however my team works well with them as well with minor adjustments however.
Evs: I don't need defensive investments all the bulk i need comes from the screens i use so (shadow ball wont 2hko MH and U-turns hit weaker etc) its absolutely essential to be able to use them as fast as possible, full HP and speed investment to outrun other 100 base speed pok's something that cress cant do, although some times i miss the way cress could even set up on hcross, overall i think mew is a better option.

Losing My Religion (Cofagriguss) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd / 2 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Cofagrigus, to be honest i was really skeptical about this guy and his sweep capabilities i just could not believe that a dual preparation sweeper could do the job right especially with such a poor S.attack and coverage, i changed my minds really soon i was stunned when by how easily it could set up and and how hard it is for my opponent to stop it from extensive replay examination i realized one thing,the offensive poks that can hit it for SE damage fail to stand against it under TR (weavile,chandelure etc) so my opponent is forced to use walls like snorlax and umbreon as soon as cofa gets out of control that allows me weaken them(the holes they are talking about) and open huge opportunities for the rest my special oriented armada, the secondary roles of cofa is to Brick break block because brick break destroys the screens and people seems to be using it in poks such scyther weavile bisharp and such, it also checks pretty much every physical attacker under screens.

The replays
because my talking is never a effective way to convince people

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-51859989
A replay that shows how i overcome a screens blocking at first turn and manage to deploy mew and screens with a double switch, there was hax by my side but, but he had equal amounts of hax, he missed 1 LS but he got 2 consecutive cheap sleep poweder sleeps on my cune and a paralyze on my porygon-z,It also shows how strong omastar and cune really are, against a 1800+ guy

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-51713343
against a skilled 1800+ player, suicune and gallade remind me why they will never leave this team it might looks that i was doing a lot of mistakes, but even that sacrifice of omastar was strategical as it opened my opponent to suicune although it almost got ruined by that same turn parahax of my opponent

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-51699263

Against an +-1800 player , mew just shows how effective lead it is as it gives me a huge momentum against the opponent lead, the rest of the guys just do what they know best,
dominate

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-51698717

Against a +-1850 hail team that reminds something of a rmt posted by a SS clash player lately i am not implying anything i am just showing how easy this team destroys and overwhelms almost anything on its way,

i had a few more high ladder matches where i easily defeated many 1950+players but those i wouldn't be appropriate to post since i the chat logs are really dirty. they where some more never recorder games where recognized people rage quited like kids claiming hax that never mattered as most of the times their teams where already destroyed or i was one step from destroying them with omastar/porygon setting up next
there also a lot of replays with different altsthat contain beta and early teams of mine but i think i already posted good quality/quantity replays
Edit some more replays of a variant against decent players 1800-1700
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-51165297
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-51164845

and another victory against laga (laga)?
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-49833837
and another 2 OU replays they don't show anything about this team but show where i am coming from, the fact that i am a really good player and i am not joking with posting this team.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-21414718
In this one i defeat pleasure and peak the ladder a long time ago

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-51872042
while in this one i defeat
some guy called Jabbalo that is brobaply jabba the griffin, latter i even give him advises regarding dragon spam team building lol

edit2:a guy that battled short after reading my rmt,it shows that even if the know theirenemy the can't do much to stop it.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uucurrent-52281823

The Importable
The Section where people scroll down to find first so they can avoid the babbling

Issues
Actual issues, that came up after a crap load (90-110) of matches and testings i had

• Hax, for those that don't know crit hax ignores the Screen defense boosts and even the status changes (CM Bulk up etc) not very helpful for a status boosting team like this, however by playing smart and leave to my opponent no room to hax i can avoid most low ladder hax.
  • Having my lead dual screen function jammed, by things like trick rotom and such, if it happens in the low ladder it wont matter that much if it happens in the super high ladder it will cost me
    a lot , in fact this thing was one of the main reasons i lost to Afro Smash some days ago and the major reason i lost to a friendly match against "lol1z test", those players like any other expert players know how to keep the pressure up and if i don't succeed to set up screens at turn 1 i might never do, even if i double switch.
  • Offensive momentum killers, thing like substitute sleep moves , trick room and opposing screens really kill all of the momentum, but i can overcome them as long as my team allows me to.
  • Heavy anti special oriented stallish teams and poks, if i lose Gallade witch is the guy that forces most of the special walls out things can be dangerous anything from curse umbreon and snorlax to calm mind Suicune can cause problems and suffocate my team of special sweepers,but that almost never happens luckily.
  • surprisingly strong pokemon like specs porygon and life orb/cb reckless mienshao often caught me off guard if the get the chance to deploy.

The team is Capable of both fast and easy low ladder games (most of them end in less than 13 turns)and decided much sooner , but its also Capable of high quality ladder games with enjoyable fast tempo constant predicting long term and short term offensive planning, not the typical 20+ turns UU balanced vs balanced team much up where people play and entry hazards win.

I wellcome (this time) any rate that doesn't require me to change the title of the rmt or the nature of the team

Special thanks to
  • psychotic,Somalia,Cherub agent and even some generation 4 dual screen rmt makers for making the teams i got inspiration from. because like some wise people say, there is not such thing called creativity we constantly use old knowledge to make new staff.
  • The guys from the UU channel of PS (the best tier channel) for many helpful tips and friendly high quality testing matches.
  • My self from compiling the team
  • youngjake93 for correcting some staff
  • Psychotic for rating my team
  • Patrick1088 for rating my team and trying to help me

Sorry for my English i am European. and i really need a custom title so i don't have to say that in almost every post i make.

Last edited:

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Hi Grey Knight, got your message so I will give you some suggestions.
==>

Since Subseed Shaymin is such a giant issue for you, I would recommend replacing Porygon-Z with Lilligant. On these sort of teams, you need to think about defensive synergy, even though it doesn't seem that important. You need to think about pokemon that threaten your team, and what things can set up on those pokemon. Subseed Shaymin can't touch Lilligant under screens, and to be honest, Porygon isn't setting up on anything that other pokemon can't. Lilligant is overall a more consistent choice. It also wrecks bulky waters, which could pose a problem for your team by phazing everything out and stalling out your screens.

Another change I would recommend is changing Roar on Mew to Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock should be on 99.9 percent of all teams, it really helps in wearing down flying and fire types, as well as breaking sashes that could mean the difference in a game. Roar is kind of a waste of a moveslot, I don't see what it is contributing to a dual screen team at all.

The last change I would suggest is to use an alternate moveset of Swords Dance/Drain Punch/Zen Headbutt/Shadow Sneak on Gallade. With this team you can't afford to waste turns to set up, and SD allows you to get to +2 Attack in 1 turn instead of 2. Screens are there to allow you to take hits, and using Bulk Up means you are wasting precious turns setting up that you could be using to break down opposing walls. Gallade should be used much more as a wallbreaker than a sweeper for your team, the sweepers should be the ones that can boost their speed and clean up after the opponent has been weakened. I really like the EV spread, but you might as well slap the Defense EV's into Attack to hit as hard as possible.

Suggested Changes:
Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 220 Spd / 252 SAtk / 36 HP
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Mew @ Light Clay
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock

Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 208 Atk / 252 HP / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Hope this helps

Cool team! Omastar is def a threat in this meta. I wouldnt worry too much about scarf shao too much. Itll be forced to hjk to check omastar which is easy to see coming with cofagrigus.
1. You are going ti need some grass type. Lo roserade o literates omastar and suicune. I agree witb psychotic on liligant over pz.
2. Suicune seems a little off imo. Omastar is a boosting fiend while suicune has mediocre attacking stats tbh. What i did notice is that 100% of your team hates t spikes. Omastar cof pz(or lilli) wont last long with t spikes on the field. I highly recommend a good poison type in place of suicune. Possibly nidoqueen or even roserade. Nidoqueen can check hera and shao easily if you are worried but roserade can set up more hazards and out pokes to sleep.
3. Def sr on mew over roar.
4.you need 11 attack ivs on cof to keep hp fighting at 70 bp.

Other than that good team"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)