The Sparky Squad: 5th gen Pikachu Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by elemonator6, May 7, 2012.

1. elemonator6

elemonator6

So I was sitting at home contemplating the universe and then I realized I knew what I was put on Earth to do: create the ultimate Pikachu team. Now I can't realize my destiny without a little help from all of you so thanks in advance for helping create a team worthy of the best mascot ever

[​IMG]
    Heatran @Leftovers
    Calm 248 hp/100 spD/160 spe
    -Lava Plume
    -Stealth Rock
    -Protect
    -Toxic

So i decided to run the standard specially bulky heatran, rather than the magma storm heatran i briefly considered using, because i need stealth rock somewhere. This is the pokemon I will probably be leading with for most matches and is an all around good setup pokemon. It wears down walls with toxic and helps to spread burn around with the nice burn rate on lava plume.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados @Leftovers
    Impish 252 hp/252 def/4 spD
    -Thunder Wave
    -Roar
    -Taunt
    -Waterfall

This bulky gyarados not only helps to spread thunder wave around, which Pika definitely appreciates, but also attracts electric type attacks that pikachu can use to get in for free and gain a special attack boost with lightningrod. He also phazes and helps to break some walls using taunt and roar. He also is able to use intimidate to check some physical attackers.

[​IMG]
    Vaporeon @Leftovers
    Bold 252 hp/252 def/4 spD
    -Scald
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Heal Bell

Why use blissey when you can use a pokemon that isn't complete setup bait? I have always been a fan of wish passing vaporeon, with that massive base hp stat and the capability to hurt things with scald this generation was just icing on the cake. I run heal bell because it allows me to rid my team of unwanted status and allows me to win stall wars with the pink blob most of the time. Scald serves to not make Vaporeon complete taunt bait and coming off of the nice special attack stat hits decently hard. It also has the chance of spreading burn and allowing pikachu to be the mighty tank that it is and shrug off a hit with 1% hp left and still sweep.

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Impish 252 hp/88 def/168 spD
    -Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip
    -Thunder Wave

Entry hazards play a huge part in turning pikachu's 2HKOs into OHKOs, extremely important as basically anything pika doesn't OHKO kills it. Ferrothorn sets up spikes, helps cripple opposing pokemon with thunder wave, hurts walls with leech seed and walls pretty much anything. It really helps take on most of my teams weaknesses and makes a great mixed wall.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-A @Leftovers
    Bold 252 hp/252 def/4 spD
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Discharge
    -Volt Switch

I was looking through my team and i decided that a spinblocker would be really nice, to protect my precious hazards from being done in by the annoying starmie. But also needed one that would play to my team's general strategy of crippling opposing pokemon with status to allow a pikachu sweep. I decided against gengar and I can't stand eviolite users like dusclops, so I eventually landed on rotom. With a nice paralysis chance in discharge and burning in will-o-wisp, the statuses are set. Volt switch is a nice way to scout moves and good damage to boot.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The star of the show: Pikachu!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    Pikachu @Light Ball
    Timid 4 def/252 spA/252 spe
    -Substitute
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Nasty Plot

This set allows Pikachu to become as devastatingly powerful as possible. Substitute allows pikachu to set up on something it can force out, then get a free nasty plot as the switch in attempts to break pikachu's incredibly bulk substitute (lol). From there, pikachu can wreak havoc on a team riddled with status and racked up entry hazard damage that the rest of the team provides.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)