The SS-Class Warstory

Scotti

we back.
The SS-Class Warstory
Ou Warstory

Whats up Smogon this is Scotti and Subject 18 and we deciede that we will make a Warstory. Well first let me start this if you don't mind. Oh just saying i am Blue and Subject is pink, anyway let me get this started.

Scotti Talking about how it started for some reason Subject didn't give me his intro.

I was just you know playing pokemon showdown, listening to music, and browsing through the smogon's forum. I stumbled upon the Warstory section and i was like i want to make one of those, but first i need to have a great battle. I was on the youtube channel and then i saw Subject on and i was like hey Subject want to battle. Well Subject barely knew me, but Subject battled anyway. I asked Subject do you want to make a Warstory whenever and Subject said yes. 2 days later i asked Subject can we make a Warstory and thankfully Subject said yes. It took awhile before we could get a good battle and finally we got one. All i must say that it was a fun and awesome experience and i wouldn't mine doing it again. Anyway thats enough of me talking i am going to let Subject share his thoughts.
Format:
OU
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
Scotti's team:

Subject 18's team:

Looking at team match i know that Rotom-W and Latias are going to be annoying, and maybe Jirachi, so i should try to take them down first. Terrakion can be kinda annoying, but Forretress and Landorus-T should be able to take it down, however, if it is Scarfed it is going to be kinda annoying. Lucario and Landorus-T probably are not going to be that annoying, but Landorus-T's ability Intimidate is going to get on my nerve, since, it will weaken my Kabutops attack and i really don't want that. My best bet is to find a good turn to setup my Kabutops and that is probably going to be hard though if Terrakion is Scarfed it should be able to setup on it and if is banded forget that.

Scotti brought a bulky offensive rain team with a Kabutops. Interesting. From the looks of it I'm going to assume its the SD sweeping set. So I just need to make sure be careful with this and let it get up an SD otherwise thing might get problematic. For this I want I to sweep with Lucario but the only thing stopping me is Latias if I don't get it into +2 E-Speed range. Landorus-T isn't much of an issue since I outspeed and can kill with Ice Punch barring he's scarfed which could be very well be the case since I know Latias doesn't normally run scarf, Politoed is the other likely Scarfed but I'm thinking its more of a specs set. My best choice is to lead with Rotom-Wash. I can Volt Switch on his Politoed, scare off his Landorus and get a burn on something and proceed from there. If he leads with Toed I'll just Volt Switch out anyway.

Battle between Subject 18 and Scotti started!
Subject 18 sent out MayTag (Rotom-Wash)!
Go! PDrizzle (Politoed)!
PDrizzle's Drizzle made it rain!

(100%)
(100%)

I knew he was probably going to lead with Rotom though i wanted rain up straight up, so i am not all the depressed. He is probably going to Volt-Switch, so i think going to Zapdos to easily eat that Volt-Switch would be the best idea, i would got to Latias, but i want it to stay healthy in this battle and i really don't want to be burned or toxiced if it isn't scarfed. I could also go to Landorus-T, but if he uses Hydro Pump or if it isn't scarfed and used Will-O-Wisp i am going to be screwed, so i might as well go with what i think is going to happen and that would mean going to Zapdos.

He leads Politoed. I expected as much. I'll just volt switch and see what he does. Seeing as I came out first I know I'm faster so I know I this isn't scarfed and not running many Speed Evs if any at all. That leaves Landorus-T as his scarfer or he does have one. Knowing this I can Volt Switch out into Latias and take the whatever he goes for.

Turn 1
PDrizzle, come back!
Go! Maelstrom (Zapdos)!
Maelstrom is exerting its pressure!
The foe's MayTag used Volt Switch!
Maelstrom lost 19.1% of its health!

He hard switch in to Zapdos to take the Volt Switch. I can go to my Scarfed Terrakion and scare him out with a Stone Edge and try and bait in his Landorus-T. To try and see what set it is.Good

The foe's MayTag went back to Subject 18!
Subject 18 sent out Bull (Terrakion)!
Maelstrom restored HP using its Leftovers!

(100%) --->
(81%)
(100%) Volt Switch --->
(100%)

Hmm it seems he did Volt-Switch just like i predicted but, it really didn't put me in any good position, so yea that sucked. Hmm since he has Terrakion out he is most likely going to Stone Edge, since he pretty much has nothing to lose, since all of my pokemon get hit neutral by Terrakion, so i am going to go with the normal switch into Landorus-T.

Good, he took the bait. Now I can double back into Rotom-W and try to catch the Landorus-T. Now I can get a burn on his Zapdos if he wants to bring that back in on my Rotom-W.

Turn 2
Subject 18 withdrew Bull (Terrakion)!
Maelstrom, come back!
Go! Wreck! (Landorus-Therian)!
Wreck! intimidates the foe's MayTag!
The foe's MayTag's Attack fell!

(81%) --->
(100%)

(100%) --->
(100%)

Hmm it seems he predicted the switch into Landorus-T put me at yet another Disadvantage the third time since the game started. Well this time i would go to Zapdos, but i really don't want it to keep on taking damage, so i am going to go to Latias. Zapdos would have an easier time against this team instead of Latias who gets owned by Jirachi, so i think Latias would be the better choice right now.

Rotom-W is out against his Landorus-T, he'll likely just u-turn or hard switch since he need it to check my Lucario and Terrakion. I could volt Switch out and continue scouting and try and get a opportunity to get Landorus-T in to get up SR. Instead of I can will-o-wisp and start getting residual on whatever he brings in.

Turn 3
Wreck! used U-turn!
The foe's MayTag lost 29.0% of its health!
Wreck! went back to Scotti!
Go! JetStream (Latias)!
The foe's MayTag used Will-O-Wisp!
JetStream was burned!
The foe's MayTag restored HP using its Leftovers!
JetStream was hurt by its burn!

(100%) U-Turn --->
Burned(100%)
(77%) Will-O-Wisp

And he goes for the burn. Luckily its not Toxic i would have been made, because then Latias would be like useless. I could actually live with being burn anyway, i think i should just try to setup with Latias the only thing i lose is being forced out by Jirachi, so i might as well see how far i can go.

Hm. He just U-Turn straight out. Either he knows I wasn't running speed or he's just scarfed. Regardless, I get a burn on his Latias. Perfect I can wear it down that much faster. I still dont know what set this is. Might be LO to check Keldeo. I don't want to let Rotom take a Draco if he packs it or a psyshock. I'm going to play it safe and go to Jirachi.

Turn 4
Subject 18 withdrew MayTag (Rotom-Wash)!
Subject 18 sent out Lemon (Jirachi)!
JetStream used Substitute!
JetStream put in a substitute!
JetStream lost 25% of its health!
JetStream restored HP using its Leftovers!

Burned(57%) Substitute
(77%) --->
(100%)

He goes to the Jirachi. Now at this moment i have to choices return to Landorus-T to force it out or stay in and Calm Mind. If i return and he is a Scarf or Stealth Rock I am either going to take an Iron Head over and over or i am going to have Stealth Rock on my side of the field. However if i stay in and it is a Sub-Calm Mind variant i am screwed, and going to risk alot taking it down.

Great its subcm. I feared this. Anyway Jirachi can stay in and not let him do too much damage. I know he will Calm Mind now so I will do the same to offset his boost. Since he's burned I can just wait until he decides to switch out.
Turn 5
JetStream used Calm Mind!
JetStream's Special Attack rose!
JetStream's Special Defense rose!
The foe's Lemon used Calm Mind!
The foe's Lemon's Special Attack rose!
The foe's Lemon's Special Defense rose!

Burned (50%) Calm Mind (+1SpAtk +1SpDef)

(100%) Calm Mind (+1SpAtk +1SpDef)

Sadly it is a Calm Mind variant, atleast it might not have sub lol. At this point i will have to go to Landorus-T no matter what, so i don't have to worry about getting swept. I just hope it doesn't sub and carries Water Pulse.

He Calm minds like I thought. I dont really have much to hit this and I can try and start attacking to break the sub and see what he does. I'll Tbolt and see what happens.

Turn 6
Stolen Identity joined.
Stolen Identity: subject 18 a boss
JetStream, come back!
Wreck! intimidates the foe's Lemon!
The foe's Lemon's Attack fell!
The foe's Lemon used Thunderbolt!
It doesn't affect Wreck!...

Burned (50%) (+1SpAtk +1SpDef) --->
(100%)

(100%) Thunderbolt (+1SpAtk +1SpDef)

Woo luckily, it didn't use sub and even better i come in on a T-Bolt, thats pretty good if you ask me. Now i am just going to Earthquake, i am more worried about letting that Jirachi live more that letting him go to Latias or his Lando-T. I might be able to Ohko him with Earthquake i should have taken Calculations, but oh well.

Well he switches out to Landorus and Tbolt does nothing. I'm not exactly sure what to do from here. I could Earthquake and try to take me out or U-Turn expecting me to switch out. If I'm faster I can Psychic and do about half.

Turn 7
Wreck! used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The foe's Lemon lost 93% of its health!
The foe's Lemon used Psychic!
Wreck! lost 67.1% of its health!
The foe's Lemon restored HP using its Leftovers!

(33%) Earthquake

(13%) Psychic (+1SpAtk +1SpDef -1Atk)

Omg he lives by 3. I am crying right now bohooo :(. Well now that my Landorus-T is significantly weaken i am going to have an harder time taking out Terrakion my goal now is to save my Landorus-T for later on in the match, so i might as well finish this Jirachi off.

Ugh. Hes probably scarfed and he almost took out my Jirachi. Now Jirachi is pretty much useless now. That Psychic did much more than I thought it would. This confirms my suspection of this being more offensive. I can try to wish up later but I dont really see that happening, might as well keep it as death fodder. If he's scarfed like I think he is Rotom-W can come in and avoid the Earthquake, then I can Volt switch.

Turn 8
Subject 18 withdrew Lemon (Jirachi)!
Wreck! used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the foe's MayTag...

(33%) Earthquake

(13%) (+1SpAtk +1SpDef -1Atk) --->
(83%)

And sadly he returns to Jirachi poops. Hmm might as well go to Latias again i have nothing to lose accept tanking another Volt Switch. Go Latias =).

I dodged the Earthquake. I have to reason not to volt Switch which is what I do now. Landorus-T has taken a lost a huge chunk of damage which makes it a bit easier to deal with Terrakion and Lucario.

Wreck!, come back!
Go! JetStream (Latias)!
The foe's MayTag used Volt Switch!
It's not very effective... JetStream lost 9.1% of its health!
The foe's MayTag went back to Subject 18!

(33%) --->
Burned (35%)

(83%) Volt Switch --->
(100%)

Hmm he goes to Terrakion again and i have my Latias. I don't really need my Latias anymore and i really don't want to be taking more damage than i need to. Also it gives me a chance to see what set Terrakion has because if i am slower i am going to deal with the Scarf set that gets on my nerves

He switches out into his Latias. I can take the chance now to take it out with a Stone Edge.

Turn 10
The foe's Bull used Stone Edge!
JetStream lost 34.6% of its health!
JetStream fainted!
Go! Storm (Kabutops)!

Burned (35%) Fainted --->
(100%)
(100%) Stone Edge

Now is the perfect chance, since, he was faster than me that means he scarf and that i can setup with Kabutops. I did the calcs and it shows that i can live a Stone Edge, which means this is the perfect chance to setup SD.

He just leaves in Latias in to die. This unfortunately gives him the chance to SD up with his Kabutops.
I could Stone Edge here and weaken it but he could very weak go for Aqua Jet and take me out. If he goes for the latter I can tank a hit with Rotom and force him out.

Turn 11
Storm used Swords Dance!
Storm's Attack sharply rose!

(100%) Swords Dance (+2)
(100%) --->
(89%)

He goes to Rotom-W, now all i have to do is sweep, so i am going to with Stone Edge and i better not miss. Though i should be faster because he is not scarf set and he has Will-O-Wisp, so i am think it is more of a Specially Defensive set.

Well, I didnt have a better option. I'm just going to Hydro Pump if I live I take him out. Then Intimidate it with Landorus and play around it.

Turn 12
Storm used Stone Edge!
The foe's MayTag lost 89% of its health!
Storm lost some of its HP!
The foe's MayTag fainted!
Subject 18 sent out Rawr (Landorus-Therian)!
The foe's Rawr intimidates Storm!
Storm's Attack fell!

(90%) Stone Edge (+2 ---> +1)
(89%) Fainted --->
(100%)

I was right and i get the kill. Now he sends out Landorus-T, so i am going to go for the Aqua Jet since i have a chance to Ohko it. Aqua Jet: 89.43 - 105.69% calcs if you don't believe me.

get the Intimidate on him. I need to make some calcs. Landorus-T is much too valuable to lose to a waterfall now. Otherwise I have little to check his Landorus even though I know it probably has HP Ice. Saccing Jirachi is my best option and Lucario (who has a good chance to live a rain boosted Aqua Jet from kabutops at plus +1) bring in to kill it with a Close Combat.

Turn 13
Subject 18 withdrew Rawr (Landorus-Therian)!
Subject 18 sent out Lemon (Jirachi)!
Storm used Aqua Jet!
The foe's Lemon lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Lemon fainted!
Subject 18 sent out Sly Cooper (Lucario)!

(80%) Aqua Jet (+1)
(100%) --->
(13%) Faints --->
(100%)

Subject sacks Jirachi which was a smart move i expected Subject to return to Landorus-T again, but instead goes to Lucario. After some calc i see that i have a 50/50 chance to KO his Lucario, and you know me i am so going to take that chance.

I sacrifice Rachi now I bring Lucario to revenge kill it.

Turn 14
Storm used Aqua Jet!
The foe's Sly Cooper lost 92% of its health!
The foe's Sly Cooper used Close Combat!
It's super effective! Storm lost 70.1% of its health!
The foe's Sly Cooper's Defense fell!
The foe's Sly Cooper's Special Defense fell!
The foe's Sly Cooper lost some of its HP!
Storm fainted!
The foe's Sly Cooper fainted!
Wreck! intimidates the foe's Rawr!
The foe's Rawr's Attack fell!
The foe's Rawr intimidates Wreck!!
Wreck!'s Attack fell!

(0%) Aqua Jet (+1) --->
(33%)
(0%) Close Combat (Life Orb Recoil) Faints --->
(100%)

Crap he lives by 8% and he kills my Kabutops, but at the same time he faints thanks to his own Life Orb damage, so atleast i didn't go down alone =). I also decided to go to Landorus-T, so i can have the advantage against most of the pokemon he has left. I decide to go for the U-Turn just to see what he was going to do and see what set he has. I am probably going to go to Forretress, because Forretress can take a hit.

I live the Aqua Jet, take it out with a Close Combat and take myself out in the process. Now sweeping with Luke isnt an option. I need a new plan to win here. Going to Landorus on the double down and scouting. He also bring in Landorus.

Turn 15
Wreck! used U-turn!
A critical hit! It's not very effective... The foe's Rawr lost 20% of its health!
Go! Hope (Forretress)!
The foe's Rawr used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!
The foe's Rawr restored HP using its Leftovers!

(33%) U-Turn (Crit) --->
(100%)
(87%) Stealth Rocks

He sets down rocks against my spinner which gives me to advantage in this situation. Now i am going for the Rapid Spin because rocks are annoying.

I'm going to take thing opportunity to get up my SR. He u-turns out into his forretress, I guess expecting my to got to switch fearing the HP Ice. I dont have much to cleanly take out his Forry as my Latias is some weird set with no Special Attacking EVs so I can just Earthquake to keep chipping away his health.

Turn 16
The foe's Rawr used Earthquake!
Hope lost 20.6% of its health!
Hope used Rapid Spin!
The foe's Rawr lost 4% of its health!
The pointed stones disappeared from around your team!
Hope restored HP using its Leftovers!

(86%) Rapid Spin
(89%) Earthquake

Ok now i am mad at whoever suggested Toxic Spikes over Counter on my RMT i made on this team. I might as well go to Stealth Rock, so he can't keep on switching.

He just decides to spin away the Rocks giving me a turn to hit get some damage off on him.

Turn 17
Hope lost 21.5% of its health!
Hope used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

(71%) Stealth Rocks
(95%) Earthquake

I get rocks down, and since i can't do anything besides Rapid Spin or Toxic Spikes i am going for that Toxic Spikes. Though i prefer Spikes or Counter you guys said to use Toxic Spikes in my RMT, so it better work.

He get up his own Rocks as I just continue Earthquaking.

Turn 18
The foe's Rawr used Stone Edge!
Hope avoided the attack!
Hope used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!

(77%) Toxic Spikes
(100%) Stone Edge Miss

Well he miss the Stone Edge and i get down 1 layer of Toxic Spikes. I am so going for a second Toxic Spike, thinking back on this next turn i should have just left with 1 layer would have made this game closer.

He stayed in and I miss the Stone Edge. Meanwhile he get up a layer of Toxic spikes. Which only affect Terrakion so I'm not really seeing how that was too helpful. I dont really know what to expect at this point. He could try and keep his Forretress somewhat healthy. Not really thinking too much here and just hoping he switches out I U-turn.

Turn 19
The foe's Rawr used U-turn!
It's not very effective... Hope lost 4.5% of its health!
The foe's Rawr went back to Subject 18!
Subject 18 sent out Melisandre (Latias)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Melisandre!
Hope used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!
The foe's Melisandre restored HP using its Leftovers!

(79%) Toxic Spikes
(100%)
U-Turn --->SR
(96%)

He uses U-Turn while i use Toxic Spikes and goes to Latias, which could cause problems if it is the Calm Mind variants mostly the Sub Calm Mind variants. I am going to Volt Switch and go to Landorus-T who is going to U-Turn also just incase it subs.

Ugh. I missed played there. I should have stayed in and Earthquaked to keep chipping away at it. I go to Latias as he get up a second layer of Toxic Spikes. At this point I just need to keep wearing it down. If he decides to switch out I get damage on something.

Turn 20

The foe's Melisandre used Dragon Pulse!
It's not very effective... Hope lost 28.8% of its health!
Hope used Volt Switch!
It's not very effective... The foe's Melisandre lost 4% of its health!
Hope went back to Scotti!
Wreck! intimidates the foe's Melisandre!
The foe's Melisandre's Attack fell!

(50%) Volt Switch --->
(33%)

(96%) Dragon Pulse

Everything is working out fine, so far so i am going to U-Turn just incase Latias trys to sub or Calm Mind.

Dragon Pulse does so little. Now I'm in a bad spot since he go to his Landorus and U-Turn out to kill me or even HP Ice to take you my own Landorus. Still need Latias to take any Hydro Pumps coming from his Politoed. I just decided to go back to Landorus.

Turn 21
Subject 18 withdrew Melisandre (Latias)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rawr!
Wreck!'s Attack fell!
Wreck! used U-turn!
It's not very effective... The foe's Rawr lost 6% of its health!
Go! PDrizzle (Politoed)!

(33%) U-Turn --->
(100%)

(96%) --->
(96%)

He goes back to his Landorus-T while i U-Turn, so you know i went straight to Politoad. Now that i have politoad out on his Landorus-T I have only one choice and that is to Ice Beam.

OH Thank goodness he didn't HP Ice there. He brings in the Toed at this point. Knowing that his politoed was slower than my Rotom-wash I feel very comfortable U-turning out here to get some damage on it and go to Latias to take the Ice beam or Hydro Pump.

Turn 22
The foe's Rawr used U-turn!
A critical hit! PDrizzle lost 54.2% of its health!
The foe's Rawr went back to Subject 18!
Subject 18 sent out Melisandre (Latias)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Melisandre!
PDrizzle used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Melisandre lost 53% of its health!

(46%) Ice Beam
(100%) U-Turn Crit --->SR
(36%)

He gets a crit on that U-Turn which sucks for me and he goes to Latias when i used Ice Beam yay. It also did a good amount, so i might as well finish it off with Ice Beam.

I get a crit there on the U-Turn and deal about 50%. He's definetly Specs judging from that damage. I can Dragon Pulse and take out the toed here. At this point I can still win this game. I just need to be very careful with my next plays. My plan at this point was to kill off the toed and sack Latias to his Landorus and bring in Terrakion and be able to win from there.

Turn 23
Scotti: aww a crit
The foe's Melisandre used Dragon Pulse!
PDrizzle lost 32.0% of its health!
PDrizzle used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Melisandre lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Melisandre fainted!
Scotti: this is going to be close
The foe's Rawr intimidates PDrizzle!
PDrizzle's Attack fell!

(14%) Ice Beam
(36%) Dragon Pulse Fainted ---> SR
(75%)

He goes for the Dragon Pulse while i goes for the Ice Beam and takes out Latias. Now he sends out Landorus-T. I should just go straight for the Ice Beam because Politoad is too slow to do anything else. Then i am going to go to my Landorus-T and go for Hp Ice.

kfajfhdja;dfdjfa. Of course Dpulse doesnt kill it from there I dont know why I thought is would I have no investment in SpAttack. This is such an old team I dont remember the thought process of that set. He take me out in the exchange. Now I need to go to Landorus and take this thing out.

Turn 24
PDrizzle lost 13.8% of its health!
PDrizzle fainted!

(0%) Fainted --->
(33%)
(81%) Earthquake

He takes out Politoad and i go straight for Landorus-T for the Hp Ice. Though if he goes to Terrakion and i am going to be mad.

He just sacks is his toed at this point to get a free switch to Landorus.

Turn 25
Subject 18 withdrew Rawr (Landorus-Therian)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Bull!
The foe's Bull was badly poisoned!
Wreck! used Hidden Power!
The foe's Bull lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Bull was hurt by poison!

(33%) Hidden Power Ice
(88%) --->SR Poisned
(67%)

He goes to Terrakion. Now i am going to forretress who can tank a Stone Edge. Though if he used Close Combat for some odd reason i am going to be madder then i am right now.

I know the HP ice is comming I can take it safelly with Terrakion and then Stone Edge the Landuros. He HP Ices and now I free to kill of the Landorus. I'd rather Stone Edge and not have the Defense drop from Close combat.

Turn 26
Stolen Identity left.
Wreck!, come back!
Go! Hope (Forretress)!
Hope lost 27.4% of its health!

(33%) --->
(29%)
Poisoned (55%) Stone Edge

That one guys leave and i tank the Stone Edge. He is also get weakened by Poison and Stealth Rock, so he is going to have to switch out to keep Terrakion alive. I am going to Landorus-T, so i can weaken him with Intimidate.

Forry comes in to take the hit. I have no reason not to keep going to for since I can take this is out and be able.

Turn 27
Scotti: dang this is tough
Hope avoided the attack!
Hope used Volt Switch!
The foe's Bull lost 13% of its health!
Hope went back to Scotti!
Wreck! intimidates the foe's Bull!
The foe's Bull's Attack fell!

(29%) Volt Switch --->
(33%)
Poisoned (23%) Stone Edge
Miss

he miss i go to Landorus-T who weakens him Intimidate. He could just Stone Edge again because i think that is enough to KO me, so that is why i am going back to Forretress, so i can weaken him with Intimidate again when i Volt Switch back in which will weaken enough for poison to defeat him.

I miss again. great now he gets a volt switch on me and Terrakion is losing HP fast. I need this thing alive. I can go to Landorus and avoid the EQ.

Turn 28
Wreck!'s Attack fell!
Wreck!, come back!
Go! Hope (Forretress)!

(33%) --->
(35%)

Poisoned (23%) Stone Edge
Miss ---> SR
(75%)

He goes back to Landorus-T while i switch to Forretress, i am going to try to keep rocks off the field for my Landorus-T and Zapdos. So i am going to spam Rapid Spin because Forretress really can't do much anymore.

He pulls a double back to his forry as I bring in my Landorus. Now I need to kill thing this. Two EQs from here can kill it and the win is still in sight.

Turn 29
Hope lost 28.2% of its health!
Hope used Rapid Spin!
A critical hit! The foe's Rawr lost 7.0% of its health!

(13%) Rapid Spin Crit

(74%) Earthquake

He goes for the Equake while i Rapid Spin because i don't want know rocks on the field though i though he would have Stone Edged.Though thinking back on this i think i should have switched to Lando-T, to keep my adavantage over him with 3 over the 2 pokemon he has left.

One More EQ here and forry goes down. The just rapid spins to get some damage off on me as before letting it die to another EQ. For me to win at this point I need to get Terrakion in without the intimidate and Stone Edge the Zapdos and Landorus I can I win.

Turn 30
Hope lost 12.4% of its health!
Hope fainted!

(0%) Fainted --->
(33%)

(80%) Earthquake

He kills my forry while i go to Landorus-T. I still had hope in my self to win this because if Terrakion can switched into Hp Ice it is done for, so i just go for the Hp Ice thinking i am going to KO his Lando, however......

He brings in is Landorus to revenge kill me with HP ice. I know I can take one. knowing this I can SR in case he want to sack Zapdos first, get the intimidate and hope to live the Stone Edge but the SR would prevent that wrong happening and it you just come down to if I missed or not.

Turn 31
It's super effective! The foe's Rawr lost 72% of its health!
The foe's Rawr used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!

(33%) Hidden Power Ice

(14%) Stealth Rock

It sadly lives and get rocks up, but i still have faith in my self to win this. Though its some small faith. I go for the Hp Ice again and finsh off his Lando-T.

Good I didnt get hit with an untimely crit which I dont think would have mattered. So I am able to get up my SR and pretty secure the win here as long as Terrakion's Stone Edge doesnt miss. Letting Landorus die here to bring in Terrakion safely and win the game.

Turn 32
It's super effective! The foe's Rawr lost 14.0% of its health!
The foe's Rawr fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Bull!

(33%) Hidden Power Ice

(0%) Fainted ---> SR
Poisoned (17%)

I finish his Lando off and he goes to Terrakion. At this point in the match i knew that i lost, unless he misses with Stone Edge. On either my Lando or my Zapdos, so i just go to have faith in the Hax gods.

I let me Landorus died here. and now I can send Terrakion and lock myself into Stone Edge.

Turn 33
Wreck! lost 32.9% of its health!
Wreck! fainted!
Go! Maelstrom (Zapdos)!
Pointed stones dug into Maelstrom!
Maelstrom is exerting its pressure!

(0%) Fainted --->
(63%)

Poisoned (11%) Stone Edge

He hits my Landorus-T and it gets finished off leaving me with my Zapdos who can't survive a Stone Edge. I just hope that Zapdos gets lucky and Terrakion misses plz hax gods.

He doesn't switch out to sack Zapdos first. Meaning I pretty win here if Stone does miss. Its just a matter of hitting here. I miss I lose.

Turn 34
It's super effective! Maelstrom lost 62.1% of its health!
Maelstrom fainted!

(0%) Fainted

Poisoned (11%)
Stone Edge

......................................................... It hits, and i am outraged. If only it missed because Toxic would have killed him this turn. Now i want to have Protect on my Zapdos, but to bad. I must say it was a close game, because one miss and Subject would have lost. Good Game Subject.

Ahh. I dont miss the Stone Edge and take out the Zapdos. Good game Scotti.

Subject 18 won the battle! 1-0

Conclusion
Thank you for reading Scotti's and Subject's Warstory. Really all i need was a Stone Edge miss and i would have had this battle in the bag. Well i don't have many ShoutOut the only person i could think of would be Subject for the awesome battle. Though there may have been some better battles out there i must say this battle was extremely fun and competitive also. I hope you enjoyed.
Pros
Subjects Amazing Planning
Scotti's setting up with Kabutops
Close Batte
It was Fun

Slopps:Kabutops not Ohko Lucario
Terrakion Stone Edge misses
Scotti forgetting to take out Toxic Spikes on Forretress
Subject forgetting that Latias can't kill Politoad

One more thing politoad was E-Belt

Last edited:
GG Scotti and it was fun playing those games.

PS: Oh wow I made sooo many mispellings writing this. I don't normally type this badly :/

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, I stopped reading after Jirachi switched in on Latias' first sub. It looks like the comments might be off? (Like the comment are after the log they should proceed). I didn't want the log to be spoiling the comments the whole way through, so maybe check it over and make sure the log/comment order is correct. I'll definitely read it once that is sorted out

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Guys, I stopped reading after Jirachi switched in on Latias' first sub. It looks like the comments might be off? (Like the comment are after the log they should proceed). I didn't want the log to be spoiling the comments the whole way through, so maybe check it over and make sure the log/comment order is correct. I'll definitely read it once that is sorted out
Glad i'm not the only one. I think all of scotti's comments are fine but subject becomes one turn behind like chou said. I think it oddly fixes itself near the end though, but i could be crazy.

Haven't read this yet but just want to suggest--don't reveal who wins in the introduction to the warstory lol. It makes it much less exciting!
I'll comment more once I've read it probs!

Scotti

we back.
Haven't read this yet but just want to suggest--don't reveal who wins in the introduction to the warstory lol. It makes it much less exciting!
I'll comment more once I've read it probs!
No no no, that was another battle we had when i first met Subject not this one, but i can see how it confuses people, so i will change it.

Ahh, I see what you meant. Oh OK I read that wrong.

Nice warstory guys! It was pretty close and there were some good plays there. There were some questionable moves (dpulse on toed, as a major one), and I thought it was a little weird when it was forry vs landy since neither of you really had much of a plan and were kinda just saying, "well, i've got a free turn so...I guess I'll set up tspikes because...I guess they might help or something...". Also, if forry had been kept in better condition (not letting it take repeated eqs from landy + dpulse from tias) it could easily have stopped the endgame terra sweep that occurred as a result.

Overall though, decent game and commentary, an enjoyable read guys!

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
it is a beautiful WARSTORY with a beautiful working terrakion, btw, for me this pokemon can pass a suspect, he makes kill all the time, it is abused ^ ^

I am wondering about turn 8 actually, why didn't Scotti just U-turn the weakened Jirachi, the worse that could of happened was Jirachi being KOed and someting getting a free switch in, which isn't that terrible since that is what happened anyway when Rotom-W switched in.

Also, in hindsight it may have been a better idea to switch out from Lucario, if Lucario fired off a move on anything else it would lose enough HP via Life Orb for Kabutops to KO. The worse that could happen if Lucario Swords Dancing, in which case Kabutops can check anyway.

Good job overall though, although Scotti I suggest you go through your spelling again, I spotted quite a few uncapitalized 'I's.

I am wondering about turn 8 actually, why didn't Scotti just U-turn the weakened Jirachi, the worse that could of happened was Jirachi being KOed and someting getting a free switch in, which isn't that terrible since that is what happened anyway when Rotom-W switched in.

Also, in hindsight it may have been a better idea to switch out from Lucario, if Lucario fired off a move on anything else it would lose enough HP via Life Orb for Kabutops to KO. The worse that could happen if Lucario Swords Dancing, in which case Kabutops can check anyway.

Good job overall though, although Scotti I suggest you go through your spelling again, I spotted quite a few uncapitalized 'I's.
I actually really love the youthful vibe about the uncapitalized 'I's etc. how often he said certain pokes were annoying in the team preview also just brought a smile to my face

Fuck professionalism

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am pretty glad this got bumped since I never did get back around to reading it again like I said I would-- but it was a good battle, and good story!

I was so damn shocked at the amount of damage Kabutops did to Luke! Holy shit lol

Great battle, great warstory. As some constructive critique:

-watch the grammar/spelling-- it does matter in writing a great warstory. Both of you leave quite a lot of problems on this end.
-scotti-- seeing the word "annoying" 4 times in the first 3 sentences of the story is a real put-off (plus "get on my nerve", which is both grammatically wrong, AND just means "annoying" again). I'm not sure English is your first language, but I'll say that we generally want a variety of adjectives to add interest and show depth of thought.

I know warstories take a lot of time and effort; so good job!

It was a good read, though I personally would have stayed in on Rotom-W with lando-t even if you couldn't do anything, as it would confuse the opponent, then go to Latias, as that would have given you much better momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)