The Studio - Song Recommendations

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: September 23rd through September 29th
(@) pookie
  • Song: Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
  • Genre:Alternative/Indie
  • Description: Obsessed with this. #SquadGoals. Eerie instrumentals, killer hook, and a metaphorically accurate description of my friends and I IRL.

(#) Amingo

(%) Mezari

(@) John

(#) Amingo

(#) Don’t Lose
  • Song: Calm Down - G-Eazy
  • Genre: Rap
  • Description: “They tell me calm down, Fuck that I’m too lit can’t calm down.”

(#) Don’t Lose
  • Song: Closer - The Chainsmokers Feat. Halsey
  • Genre: EDM
  • Description: I like the Chainsmokers but this song is unique in how one of the duo actually sings on this song (Normally they don’t as both are DJ’s) and his vocals are pretty nice. I think his vocals combined with Halsey and just the general EDM vibe really flows nicely.

(@) Paradise~
  • Song: Chance The Rapper ft. Saba - Angels
  • Genre: Hip-hop
  • Description: From Chance The Rapper’s album, Coloring Book, this single shows Chance’s love for Chicago while accompanied with an upbeat instrumental featuring a steel drum. It’s one of the better Chance songs and easily one of my favourite jams from a younger artist.

(#) Albert

(#) Albert

(Staff members were allowed to submit two recommendations this week to compensate for recommendations not being posted for last week.)​

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: September 30th through October 6th
(@) MonoMire
  • Song: The Weeknd - Starboy (feat. Daft Punk)
  • Genre: Alternative R&B
  • Description: First song that The Weeknd has released from his new album “Starboy”. Wasn’t too sure how well these two artists could collab, but I think they executed it nicely. I think this was a great song to introduce what the rest of his album is gonna be like and can’t wait for it to be released.

(%) Mezari

(@) Doom Metal

(#) Amingo

(@) John

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
  • Genre: Pop
  • Description: Resident cute fuccboi of pop making a song that I really think is sending a goodish message. (About treating women better that is. I don’t advocate for or against the other messages sent, but still.)

(#) Albert
  • Song: H.E.R. - Focus
  • Genre: R&B
  • Description: Just discovered this artist and I’m obsessed.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: October 7th through October 13th
(@) MonoMire

(@) Paradise~
  • Song: Mos Def - Mathematics
  • Genre: Hip-Hop
  • Description: Produced by one the greatest beatmakers in hip-hop history, DJ Premier, Mos Def’s “Mathematics” was released in 1999 and is considered a timeless classic by many hip-hop enthusiasts.

(@) Doom Metal

(#) Amingo

(@) John
  • Song: Falconer - The Clarion Call
  • Genre: Power Metal
  • Description: If you like metal and also dragons, wizards, and unicorns, this is perfect for you.

(#) Albert
  • Song: Banks - Poltergeist
  • Genre: Alt-R&B
  • Description: Among all of the amazing songs on the new Banks album, this one is my favorite.

PS! Username: Aphrion
Song: Gustav Mahler - Symphony #6
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U6nY9i-u_s
Genre: Classical
Description: An hour and a half of some of the best classical music ever written. I know, sounds stuffy, but there's nothing quite like having a Mahler hammer slam down and vibrate everything in your chest. Besides, someone needed to contribute some classical music to the pool.

Here's some music you'll all definitely like. If you don't like it, maybe you're inexperienced; after all, there's no competition to live, baby.

mall grab

Raär (Sometimes I Hear Sirens)

Mr. Oizo (M - Seq)

Mr. Oizo (Analog Worms Attack)

The Alchemist

Head Hunters

Miles Davis (Bitches Brew)

Herbie Mann & Phil Woods - Beyond Brooklyn (Chill Cafe)

TOKiMONSTA (Music that's everywhere on Soundcloud but noobs like it)

Lightnin Hopkins (Soul Blues)

◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕
My stuff (If you're interested) <-That'd be a good music artist name and song name, hey?
https://soundcloud.com/exede/rawm-at-the-black-jasmine

PS Name: Nui
  • Song: Mick Jenkins - "P's & Q's"
  • Genre: Hip-Hop
  • Description: Inspired by Nas’ “Rewind” and Jay Z’s “22 Two’s", Mick Jenkins beautifully plays on the alliteration of P's & Q's, proving that his wordplay is on par with any of today's elite rhymers. "P's & Q's" is from his 2015 EP, "Wave[ s ]" and is one of my favorite songs from him.
Note: If you're into Neo soul inspired Hip-Hop check out his new album THC

Ps! Username: Occtillery
Song: Caravan Palace - Lone Digger
Link:
Genre: Electro Swing
Description: The music video is not for everyone. Otherwise, great song, with a fast tempo and a great beat.

PS! Username: Aphrion
Song: Gustav Mahler - Symphony #6
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U6nY9i-u_s
Genre: Classical
Description: An hour and a half of some of the best classical music ever written. I know, sounds stuffy, but there's nothing quite like having a Mahler hammer slam down and vibrate everything in your chest. Besides, someone needed to contribute some classical music to the pool.
It's a real shame that Mahler 6 is perhaps the least played Mahler symphony, as the emotional depth reached in this tragic work is exceptional, even by Mahler's standards.

PS Username: Screamouts
Song: Listenbee - Save Me
Link:
Genre: Chill I guess ?
Description: Good song overall even though there are some flaws.

Here's some music you'll all definitely like. If you don't like it, maybe you're inexperienced; after all, there's no competition to live, baby.

mall grab

Raär (Sometimes I Hear Sirens)

Mr. Oizo (M - Seq)

Mr. Oizo (Analog Worms Attack)

The Alchemist

Head Hunters

Miles Davis (Bitches Brew)

Herbie Mann & Phil Woods - Beyond Brooklyn (Chill Cafe)

TOKiMONSTA (Music that's everywhere on Soundcloud but noobs like it)

Lightnin Hopkins (Soul Blues)

◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕◕
My stuff (If you're interested) <-That'd be a good music artist name and song name, hey?
https://soundcloud.com/exede/rawm-at-the-black-jasmine
Just saying might wanna limit yourself to one song a week?

PS username: 3u0k
Song: Sleeping with sirens - If im James dean, You're Audrey Hepburn
link:
Genre: Post hardcore
Description: it's emo asf

I am VullabySaysHi on Showdown.

The song is Avicii - Waiting For Love.
Link:
Dance and Electronic are the genres.

The reason I like this song is because it is very energetic and the lyrics are so meaningful. It's one of the few good songs from the mainstream I feel, as it really is like a true love story.

jjay554 is my PS name.

Crywolf - Akureyri

The genre is indie electronica.

This song has an almost ethereal feel to it. It's the kinda of music that is inescapably beautiful and there is never a bad time to listen to it.

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Since I forgot to do a rec this past week, I was inspired to share this lovely piece of cringe with everyone while doing an essay project! (Great life choices eh?)
PS Username: Brrandon
Song: Ty Dolla $ign - Drop That Kitty ft. Charli XCX and Tinashe
Link:
Genre: Rap
Description: DROP THAT KITTY DOWN LOW

It's a real shame that Mahler 6 is perhaps the least played Mahler symphony, as the emotional depth reached in this tragic work is exceptional, even by Mahler's standards.
Agreed - I haven't had time to listen to all of Mahler's symphonies, but 6 is my favorite (not least because I'm a bass clarinetist). There is a great recording of Mahler 3, though, where the oboist does this crazy bend in the third or fourth movement - they just play this incredibly clean gliss like a string player and it's amazing. I don't know what the recording is, unfortunately. Admittedly, I'm speaking rather superficially about Mahler, but it's pretty great that he can write music that appeals on multiple levels from superficial to complex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)