The sun is shining in the end. (a DW wastory)

Forgive me. My health percentages maybe off by some numbers. Please correct them for me.

My team:

GrandpaJ's team:

Battle between GrandpaJ and bluemon started!

Tier: Dream World
Variation: +14, -17
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

bluemon sent out Mienshao!
GrandpaJ sent out Hippowdon!
The foe's Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

(100%) vs
(100%)

I see his team and GREAT. A sandstorm team. My greatest enemy. I see that he has a hippowdon, which is great news because my team doesn’t like tyranitar very much. I switch to my sandstorm-designated lead, which is mienshao. For all tyranitar and hippowdon leads, I taunt to prevent stealth rock, which really hurts my team, and try to KO them with hi jump kick or hp ice, respectively.

Start of turn 1
Mienshao used Taunt!
The foe's Hippowdon fell for the taunt!

The foe's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
Mienshao lost 193 HP! (71% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Mienshao is buffeted by the sandstorm!

(17%) vs
(100% taunted)

I am soo used to playing on the Pokemon online server that I forgot that some people are actual SMART. No offense, pokemononliners. My opponent, who was very smart, went for the earthquake because of the obvious taunt. I see the high damage roll, and know he will go for another EQ. now what in my team resists EQ, or is at least neutral…. Scizor, venusaur, and tangela. It kinda obvious who I’ll switch to now. Now... should I switch or U-Turn? Unless the hippowdon is like max jolly choice scarfed, I will be able to outspeed, and the life orb won’t kill me, so I decide to U-turn.

Start of turn 2
Mienshao used U-turn!
The foe's Hippowdon lost 15% of its health!
Mienshao is hurt by its Life Orb!
bluemon called Mienshao back!
bluemon sent out Tangela!

The foe's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It's not very effective...
Tangela lost 28 HP! (8% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Tangela is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Hippowdon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(7% +regeneration) >
(92%) vs
(85% taunted)

I will gain back health with regeneration, and I am switched out to Tangela. Ohmygosh, this little bundle of vines is a BEAST. It is max defense, max HP, and equipped with eviolite. My super physical wall. And also equipped with amnesia and leech seed. Perfect staller. It would have been better if leaf guard wasn’t downgraded this generation, because it now PREVENTS the use of rest. But however, every status move fails on this guy, so whatever. Now that I switched to tangela, I know hes going to switch to another pokemon to take on my beast, or attack with his own move. (probably ice fang) He may also roar me away, so I decide to go for a leech seed to help the next pokemon or further improve my stalling abilities.
P.S. I now have synthesis on my set, instead of giga drain

Start of turn 3
Tangela used Leech Seed!
The foe's Hippowdon was seeded!

The foe's Hippowdon used Stone Edge!
Tangela lost 39 HP! (11% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Hippowdon's health is sapped by leech seed.
The foe's Hippowdon's taunt ended!

(76%) vs
(84% seeded)

Oh my… a hippowdon with stone edge. You don’t see THOSE often. However, that didn’t do ANYTHING to my tangela. I think he will go for the obvious stealth rock because his taunt is over. I know he will stay in underestimating my tangela’s attacking capabilities. I go for the giga drain to leave a dent on hippowdon and to recover some health.

Start of turn 4
Tangela used Giga Drain!
It's super effective!
The foe's Hippowdon lost 59% of its health!
The foe's Hippowdon had its energy drained!

The foe's Hippowdon used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around bluemon's team!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Hippowdon's health is sapped by leech seed.

(91%) vs
(19%)

My god, giga drain did a bunch. I now have stealth rock on my side, which is very bad for me since it is a SUN TEAM (sun team = stealth rock weak team) but I also have hippowdon under 50. This is very crucial for me because I HAVE to get rid of the sand streamer in order for my ninetales to shine. He now has stealth rock up, and he is very low on health, so I think he has no reason to stay in. I anticipate a powerful special attacker to come in, because tangelo IS physically defensive. SO I go for the amnesia to boost my weaker defense.

Start of turn 5
GrandpaJ called Hippowdon back!
GrandpaJ sent out Skarmory!

Tangela used Amnesia!
Tangela's Sp. Def. sharply rose!

The sandstorm rages!

(80% +2 Sp. Defense) vs
(19%) >
(100%)

ah… good old skarmory. Wallin’ shit since the third generation. Well, he isn’t really a special wall, and I don’t want any layers of spikes, so I will attack. I have to kill this guy before it sets up alotta layers of spikes.

Start of turn 6
The foe's Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of bluemon's team!

Tangela used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Skarmory lost 47% of its health!

(69% +2 Sp. Defense) vs
(53%)

The bundle of vine strikes again!! My hidden power fire does about half, and skarmory is forced to do something to not die from the second hidden power. I have a feeling it’s going to keep on spiking, and I know im not going to KO him on the next one, so I am going to leech seed for more health and to get skarmory down to KO health.

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
Tangela used Leech Seed!
The attack of Tangela missed!

The foe's Skarmory used Whirlwind!
Pointed stones dug into Mienshao!
Mienshao is hurt by spikes!
Mienshao was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

(69% +2 Sp. Defense) >
(25%) vs
(60%)

Veerryy unexpected. My leech seed misses, (which isn’t a HUGE deal), and he decided to whirlwind. At this point, I know that mienshao is dead weight against this physical skarmory, so I taunt to prevent any spikes or anymore whirlwinds. At this point, my goal is to get rid of hippowdon so that I can sweep with my weather abusers. I will have to bait him out, and the only two ways to do that are (1) get rid of skarmory so that he will have to resort to hippowdon for his physical wall, then I get a physical attacker to attack with their strongest moves on hippowdon, so that I can kill it (2) get ninetales out, then sub while he comes in to change weather, then will-o-wisp, then stall with subs and flamethrowers. (I run a super physically bulky ninetales lol) (252 hp 252 defense bold anyone?)

Start of turn 8
Mienshao used Taunt!
The foe's Skarmory fell for the taunt!

The foe's Skarmory can't use Whirlwind after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

(13%) vs
(67% taunted)

HAHA. Skarmory. Cant do anything when taunted, can you?? Now I have three options: U-turn to scout the move (which is most likely going to be brave bird), dent it with hi jump kick (30 percentish), or use hp ice in case he decides to switch to hippowdon. I go for the safest option, which is U-turn.

Start of turn 9
Mienshao used U-turn!
The foe's Skarmory lost 4% of its health!
Mienshao is hurt by its Life Orb!
bluemon called Mienshao back!
bluemon sent out Ninetales!
Pointed stones dug into Ninetales!
Ninetales is hurt by spikes!

Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

The foe's Skarmory used Brave Bird!
Ninetales lost 100 HP! (28% of its health)
The foe's Skarmory is hit with recoil!

The sunlight is strong!
Ninetales restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(4% +regeneration) >
(65%) vs
(70% taunted)

Very Predictable. I gain back health using regeneration, while ninetales takes the brave bird okay-ish, then threaten it with a sun boosted STAB flamethrower (I might not invest in sp attack, but it will still hurt.) I don’t try to overpredict since a bad move can ruin my weather. I go for the safe flamethrower, that will dent any switch-in except a bulky water…

Start of turn 10
GrandpaJ called Skarmory back!
GrandpaJ sent out Swampert!

Ninetales used Flamethrower!
The foe's Swampert lost 18% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Ninetales restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(72%) vs
(70% taunted) >
(89%)

…like swampert. The epitome of bulky water of gen 4. Nowadays, its practically nothing. I don’t know what set he is running, but earthquake is very painful to my team. However, tangelo can take earthquake like a BEAST and threaten it with a 4x effective giga drain. If there are bulky waters, then there are bulky grasses, too. And bulky grass > water

Start of turn 11
bluemon called Ninetales back!
bluemon sent out Tangela!
Pointed stones dug into Tangela!
Tangela is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Swampert used Surf!
Tangela lost 36 HP! (10% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

(72%) >
(53%) vs
(96%)

0 Sp defense, but still took it like a CHAMP. At this point, I am pretty sure he knows his swamper is in big trouble. I am immune to status, walls earthquake (or not) and surf, and threatens with giga drain. I know he is going to switch to skarmory, which I can also, KILL with my HP fire when under certain health. So why not use leech seed to get back health and to get skarmory into OHKO range? Gogo leech seed.

Start of turn 12
Tangela used Leech Seed!
The foe's Swampert was seeded!

The foe's Swampert used Mirror Coat!
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Swampert's health is sapped by leech seed.

(67%) vs
(93%)

Ohmygosh. Mirror Coat scares me. I think he did a calculation and knowing that he will survive a giga drain, used mirror coat to kill me. The thought of a dead bundle of vines is scary. At this point, I think swamper is now in OHKO range, which means I am safe to use giga drain. But I think my opponent knows that. Here are my choices:

1) Use giga drain on a swampert who was expecting something other than giga drain expecting I would predict a switch in (unlikely that my opponent would take a risk)
2) Use giga drain on an incoming pokemon (most likely skarmory), and taking 1% off its health, while then threatening with hp fire. (very likely, and I will be able to gain momentum, as my opponent will be forced to switch to another pokemon after skarmory.)
3) Use hp fire on swampert: nothing to lose, and he might go for a mirror coat, but I can heal that off. (again, very unlikely that my opponent will leave swampert in.)
4) Use hp fire on a switch in (SKARMORY probably) This is what I am talking about. Since my opponent will most definitely switch, I will go for a hidden power fire. YES. Perfect.

Hidden power fire. gogogo

Start of turn 13
GrandpaJ called Swampert back!
GrandpaJ sent out Skarmory!

It's super effective!
The foe's Skarmory lost 62% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
GrandpaJ sent out Bronzong!

(67%) vs
(93%) >
(0% roasted)

BAM. Skarmory. Roasted to death. Now I see Bronzong. I don’t quite know what to expect, so I will just attack with hidden power.

Start of turn 14
It's super effective!
The foe's Bronzong lost 17% of its health!

The foe's Bronzong used Calm Mind!
The foe's Bronzong's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Bronzong's Sp. Def. rose!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Bronzong restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(67%) vs
(89%)

O shoot. Oh shoot. Its bulky as hell. And it just used calm mind. There is no point in trying to attack with hidden power, since it will do nothing. So I go for a leech seed, believing that I can live a +1 psychic from a bronzong with my 0 special defense tangela.

Start of turn 15
Tangela used Leech Seed!
The foe's Bronzong was seeded!

The foe's Bronzong used Psychic!
A critical hit!
Tangela lost 226 HP! (67% of its health)
Tangela fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Bronzong restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
bluemon sent out Darmanitan!
Pointed stones dug into Darmanitan!
Darmanitan is hurt by spikes!

(0%) >
(65%) vs
(95%)

Sigh… that was not that bad in my part because I didn’t have anything to switch into a +1 psychic. But still, I believe that critical hit matter, but what can we do about hax? That’s right. Nothing. So I switch into my darmantian which can obviously outspeed, since mine has a scarf. I go for the obvious sun boosted flare blitz.

Start of turn 16
GrandpaJ called Bronzong back!
GrandpaJ sent out Swampert!

Darmanitan used Flare Blitz!
The foe's Swampert lost 52% of its health!
Darmanitan is hit with recoil!

(44%) vs
(95%) >
(41%)

And here comes the bulky water, and lookie here. NOT SO BULKY NOW ARE YOU?
Swampert takes more than half from a super super boosted flare blitz, and I will go for the flare blitz because
1) I can KO swampert
2) any switch in will be severely maimed
3) I am locked into it ;)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Swampert lost 41% of its health!
The foe's Swampert fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
GrandpaJ sent out Bronzong!

(26%) vs
(0%) >
(95%)

Bye Bye swampert, and hello, death fodder bronzong. Swampert dies this turn, and now I am to avenge tangela’s death.

Start of turn 18
It's super effective!
The foe's Bronzong lost 95% of its health!
Darmanitan fainted!
The foe's Bronzong fainted!

Okay, I avenged tangela’s death, but in that process, I died too. Oh well, I took down two guys along with my so that is fine. Now I have a hard choice to make. What now. A blind switch in. How about my usual lead, since they are made for that very use of switching in BLINDLY.

The sunlight is strong!
bluemon sent out Mienshao!
Pointed stones dug into Mienshao!
Mienshao is hurt by spikes!

GrandpaJ sent out Lucario!

(0%) >
(21%) vs
(0%) >
(100%)

Lucario…heh? Well, I love using special lucario, and both special and physical lucario carries priority moves, so I will just fodder my mienshao. I don’t want my scizor or my Venusaur to be scathed.

Start of turn 19
The foe's Lucario used Vacuum Wave!
Mienshao lost 58 HP! (21% of its health)
Mienshao fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
bluemon sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!
Scizor is hurt by spikes!

(0%) >
(71%) vs
(100%)

Nothing big, except I find out it’s a special lucario. I think its gunna carry nasty plot, or a filler move. (like hp ice, dragon pulse) other than the obvious three (Vacuum wave, aura sphere and Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse) I doubt that an aura sphere from this guy will KO my scizor, so I go for the superpower.

Start of turn 20
The foe's Lucario used Dragon Pulse!
Scizor lost 62 HP! (18% of its health)

Scizor used Superpower!
It's super effective!
bluemon: great battle
The foe's Lucario lost 100% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!
The foe's Lucario fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
GrandpaJ sent out Hippowdon!

The foe's Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
GrandpaJ: u cocky son?

(57%) vs
(0%) >
(19%)

Huh, he used Dragon Pulse. Two possibilities there: 1) my opponent is not good (which is not true. He proved to be a GREAT opponent this match. 2) he expected a switch to one of my chlorophyll sweepers. In this case, Venusaur.
He was probably suspecting a switch into venusaur, and overprediction hurt him. He switched in his hippowdon, and here is my final chance to get rid of sand once and for all. He has 19% health left, and enough for my CB scizor to KO with -1 attack. If I switch into some other pokemon, he will slackoff his health. He could switch, and save the weather, but then his only switch in at this point is DORY. (excadrill for all you non-japanese version players)

Start of turn 21
Scizor used Superpower!
bluemon: no
The foe's Hippowdon lost 19% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!
The foe's Hippowdon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
bluemon: im not saying
bluemon: i won
bluemon: its just great so far
GrandpaJ: oh
GrandpaJ: :D
bluemon: yeaa
GrandpaJ sent out Excadrill!

bluemon: :)

(57%) vs
(0%) >
(100%)

BAM. Bye bye hippo, and hello foxie. After this scizor dies, I have two pokemon left. I will bring out my ninetales, change the weather, which will allow my venusaur to outspeed. Then, I will blast the poor MOLE with hp fire. BP 70 times 1.5 in the sun time 2 for SE damamge. That is 210. Sounds too good to be true. Now… time to sacrifice nintales. You did well today, foxie.

Start of turn 22
The foe's Excadrill used Earthquake!
Scizor lost 197 HP! (57% of its health)
Scizor fainted!

Thanks for everything, scizor! Now time to switch to my ninetales.

The sandstorm rages!

Ninetales will die this turn, and provide me with SUN!

(0%) >
(9%) vs
(100%)

Start of turn 23
The foe's Excadrill used Brick Break!
Ninetales lost 32 HP! (9% of its health)
Ninetales fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
bluemon sent out Venusaur!
Pointed stones dug into Venusaur!
Venusaur is hurt by spikes!

(0%) >
(75%) vs
(100%)

I am not really sure why he went for the brick break right there, but I still got this. Ninetales dies, but its all fine. Because I can kill his excadrill. Will a 210 BP move kill excadrill…..come on…..

BAM.

Start of turn 24
Venusaur used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Excadrill lost 73% of its health!

Venusaur lost 227 HP! (75% of its health)
Venusaur fainted!

(0%) vs
(27%)

Ohmygosh. It didn’t kill. Well.. mine IS a bulky mixed sweeper with leftovers. Oh well. It was a great game, and thank you for my opponent.

However, after finishing this battle, I realized I could have won this battle easily by making a better decision at turn 22. I will include a alternate ending just for my regretting brain. LOL. But very GG, GrandpaJ.

GrandpaJ won the battle!
GrandpaJ: gg
bluemon: gg
GrandpaJ: lol
bluemon: very close game!
GrandpaJ: clooose tho
GrandpaJ: yeah

_____________________________ALTERNATE ENDING____________________________

This is an alternate ending to the match, which could have happened if i made the right choice. :)

Start of turn 21
Scizor used Superpower!
bluemon: no
The foe's Hippowdon lost 19% of its health!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor's Defense fell!
The foe's Hippowdon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
bluemon: im not saying
bluemon: i won
bluemon: its just great so far
GrandpaJ: oh
GrandpaJ: :D
GrandpaJ sent out Excadrill!

bluemon: :)

(57%) vs (0%) >
(100%)

BAM. Bye bye hippo, and hello foxie. After this scizor dies, I have two pokemon left. I will bring out my ninetales, change the weather, which will allow my venusaur to outspeed. Then, I will blast the poor MOLE with hp fire. BP 70 times 1.5 in the sun time 2 for SE damamge. That is 210. Sounds too good to be true. Now… time to sacrifice nintales. You did well today, foxie…..

This is what I said previously. BUT, there is an even better option that will allow me to win this battle. I will switch my scizor out, and sacrifice my ninetales FIRST instead. That way, I will be able to KO the 23% health Excadrill later.

(the following few turns are altered using a damage calculator, assuming it is a standard dory.)

Start of turn 22
bluemon called Scizor back!

Ninetales lost 197 HP! (9% of its health)
Ninetales fainted!

(9%) >
(20%) vs
(100%)

Now that I made the PROPER decision, I now have two pokemon, and I am GURANTEED to beat excadrill with a combination of HP fire and bullet punch. GOGOGO.

The sandstorm rages!
bluemon sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!

Ninetales dies this turn, and now I can BULLET punch him :) I used minium damage roll for the next turn for CB BP.

Start of turn 23
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Excadrill lost 34% of its health!

Scizor lost 32 HP! (20% of its health)
Scizor fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
bluemon sent out Venusaur!
Pointed stones dug into Venusaur!
Venusaur is hurt by spikes!

(0%) >
(100%) vs
(66%)

There we go. That’s the way to do it. Now it IS in the KO range of the awesome venusaur. If only I had thought more before clicking “attack”

Venusaur, do your stuff.

BAM.

Start of turn 24
Venusaur used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Excadrill lost 66% of its health!

The foe's Excadrill fainted!

(100%) vs
(0%) .

.. victory

bluemon won the battle!
GrandpaJ: gg
GrandpaJ: lol
bluemon: very close game!
GrandpaJ: clooose tho
GrandpaJ: yeah

Props:
why, the bulky tangela of course! Its very overshadowed by other eviolite pokemon. but its GREAT.

Slops:
Meh.. you couldve done sooo much more with your nice BULKY set. it can beat any ss-er. Totally.

Thank you for reading!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
It was entertaining, yes.

Format: 10/10 nothing to be ashamed of
Battle: 8/10 major misplay at the end, as well as major crit on Tangela.
Commentary: 6/10 It was there, but it left something to be desires as to your thought process and actual acknowledgement of goings-on in the battle.

Keep working at it and you'll be a great warstory writer!

The alternate ending was cute. Very nice way of exploring the possibilities of the battle and what choices make the difference between a win and a loss. Solid battle, solid commentary, excellent formatting. 8/10.

this was a pretty good battle, well played. the commentary was well executed, and the alternate ending was a nice touch. 8.5/10.

Finally a warstory that can be described as really good. I've liked the alternate ending feature. But, as usual, some misplays (attacking Bronzong with HP Fire instead of immediately Leech Seeding him) and hax (CH Psychic by the same Bronzong) in that battle. Great prediction skill, and that battle demonstrates that Sun isn't so s**tty vs. Sand. Decent, but not awesome comments.

Format: 10/10
Battle: 8/10
Commentary: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

The alternate ending was the saver on this one, because you don't normally see these. Not the greatest but I'd give it 8/10.

Alright warstory, a few misplays (not Leech Seeding Zong initially, as well as the endgame) as well as a tad of distateful hax. However despite this the battle was pretty good, I don't think I appreciated the alt ending as much as other people seem to have - probably since I was too busy thinking how one of two team building differences could have easily won you the battle regardless of your misplay at the end.

LO+Max SpA Venusaur would ensure you can outspeed and OHKO Excadrill, and a Tales with some Speed investment would be able to do revenge it very easily - and without both of these I feel like your team is just a tad too vulnerable to the mole, which to me sullies the warstory a little since you screwed yourself over against it by lacking a reliable counter so it'll almost always make a kill.

The commentary could use a little work, but overall a pretty enjoyable read, so good job.

Leaf Guard Tangela sounds like a very nifty idea, but have you considered Regenerator Tangela instead? It loses status immunity, but being a substitute can do the same, with Regenerator recovering any lost health from subs.

Great battle, I actually learned a few things! The formatting made it easy to read, and as many before me have said, the alternate ending was a great innovation.

I'm pretty sure skarmory has been walling stuff since gen ii... I haven't finished it but it looks really good so far, nice job
Edit: alright, now that I've read it: very very good job.
Format: 7.5/10 nothing special, but its pretty good
Battle: 9/10 very good, especially with the alternate ending and MAGIC COAT SWAMPERT!
Commentary: 8.25/10 above average, but not the best ever.
Overall: 8.5/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)