The Supe Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, yes it's pink and nicknameable. I was gonna go for blue, but I decided I liked the way the pink one has horns. anyways, i like the modest staryu.

Oops, sorry for not responding after so long. I was away.

Yeah I can trade you the Staryu. Can you nickname the Shellos: Squishy

I'll post in your thread.

I like this guy:

Ralts lvl 5 Male
Adamant
Hp Dragon
Moves - Thunder Punch, Ice punch , Fire punch
Iv's = 24 / 30 / 21 / XX / 31 / 31
Comes: UT lvl1
I can do that ill add you to pending post in my thread when your back on

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Oops, sorry for not responding after so long. I was away.

Yeah I can trade you the Staryu. Can you nickname the Shellos: Squishy
Okay, I'll nick and hold a shellos for you. I'm adding you to pending.

Fish, PB said yes.
Yes to what? checking my cressy or trading the spritomb, or both?

CMT for Evd Feraligatr
I like this guy:

Floatzel Jolly Nature with BP 30/31/31/X/28/31

I can do that ill add you to pending post in my thread when your back on
All right, I'll add you to pending as well and post in your thread.

Cml please... Shellos.. Lunatone.
I like these two:

Brave ; Male
EV's: [252 Hp][168 Atk][50 Def][40 Sp.Def]
IV's: 31 / 31 / 29 / 8 / 31 / 25

and

Modest ; Male ; Swift Swim
EV's: [252 Sp.Atk][252 Speed][6 Hp]
IV's: 29 / 14 / 14 / 31 / 31 / 30

Supe

This is the final battle of "The Safari Festival", a tournament that was recently held over at the Wi-Fi Forum. I'd like to thank Lorak for coming up with the concept. I made it through every round of the tournament posting nothing but 5-0 victories along the way. For the finals, I had to face Mr. Goodbar, a very well known and respected member of the Wi-Fi forum. I knew it would be a tough battle, and I have to admit that I was a bit nervous to be set up against him.

Now, I know that most people will not click on the link above or read the entire set of rules, so before we get to the battle, let me point out a few really important things:
  1. This battle was fought over Wi-Fi.
  2. The premise of the entire tournament is that you are only allowed to use Pokemon that you yourself have caught at the safari zone in any Pokemon game up to D/P.
  3. Since all Pokemon involved are wild encounter catches, egg moves and event moves are not allowed.
  4. Platinum exclusive moves are also not allowed.
  5. All Pokemon are at level 50, which makes certain moves unallowed (such as Megahorn on Heracross).
Supe's team:

Goodbar's team:

Notes:

• Battle log is written in BOLD
  • Supe's commentary is written in BLUE
  • Goodbar's commentary is written in RED
  • Scores are written in GREEN
  • Leftovers recovery will be omitted (used by Rhydon, Vileplume, Forretress, and Rhyperior; Breloom healed with Poison Heal)

Goodbar sent out Gliscor
Supe sent out Nidoking

Ok, so I couldn’t have asked for a better matchup than this. It’s obvious that Goodbar wants to get Stealth Rock on the field as early as possible. I’m sure he is expecting me to switch out here, thinking that he can have a free turn to set up rocks. I decide to stay in and give him a nasty little surprise.

Ah Nidoking, the wall breaker. I know theres a good chance my Gliscor's fainting if I don't switch out, but I want to get out rocks early, so I decide to risk it.

Gliscor used Stealth Rock
Nidoking used Ice Beam
Gliscor lost 100% of its health
Goodbar’s Gliscor fainted

Supe: 6
Goodbar: 5

So he got his rocks up, but it cost him a poke. Not a bad exchange in my mind. Killing an opponent’s lead in the first turn is always nice. I’m feeling really good about myself at this point.

Nice...and now I realize how saving it just a little longer might have solved Heracross problems I could have in the near future. Well time to get rid of Nidoking with a little surprise I like to call Hidden Power Ground.

Goodbar switched in Yanmega

A Yanmega? What is he up to? Maybe it knows Psychic? I decide to stay on the offensive and keep Nidoking in.

Yanmega used Hidden Power

OMGWTF!? He got a usable hidden power catch at the Great Marsh!? It hit super effective. I don’t know whether he has HP Ice or HP Ground at this point. I really hope my Nido doesn’t die from this!

Nidoking lost 99% of its health

Holy shit! Nidoking survived with 2 HP left!

Son of a bitch....

Nidoking used Flamethrower
Yanmega lost 100% of its health
Goodbar’s Yanmega fainted

Supe: 6
Goodbar: 4

Beautiful! Nidoking really earned his spot on the team today. Since he showed me Gliscor, I know he owns Emerald and he is probably carrying a Foretress on his team. I used Flamethrower just in case of a Forry switch in on Ice Beam.

Wow, that sucks, the gem of my team leaves the wallbreaker with 2 HP and dies. Choice Specs Yanmega really cuts through most of the Pokemon with his awesome ability Tinted Lens. Hidden Power Ground was a fluke that I thought I wouldn't need...I guess I was right. I'll bring in Staraptor to finish it off.

Goodbar switched in Staraptor
Staraptor’s Intimidate cuts Nidoking’s attack

What to do? At 2 HP, I can switch Nidoking out and use him as rock fodder for scouting later on to get a free switch, but I don’t want to risk too much damage on my switch in right now. I decide to stay in and let Nidoking take the incoming Close Combat.

Staraptor used Return
Nidoking lost 1% of its health
Supe’s Nidoking fainted

Supe: 5

I don’t know why I didn’t see that coming. Why would he drop his defenses on something that can be taken down by a light breeze?

Supe switched in Staraptor
Pointed stones dug into Staraptor
Staraptor lost 25% of its health

I think the 2 poke lead made me overconfident or something because this was a really stupid move. I thought that if I could intimidate his bird he'd switch out and then I could use U-turn to scout.

Staraptor’s Intimidate cuts Staraptor’s attack

I'll switch to my favorite NFE, I doubt he'll overpredict now and use Close Combat, though I sense a U-turn coming.

Goodbar switched in Rhydon
Staraptor used U-turn
Rhydon lost 15% of its health

What a waste! I really should have seen this coming and used close combat instead of U-turn. Oh well, time to force his Rhydon off the field.

Supe switched in Breloom
Pointed stones dug into Breloom
Breloom lost 6% of its health
Breloom was poisoned

Yes Rhydon, the one I captured would not have evolved into a Solid Rock Rhyperior, so I decide cockily to leave it unevolved for coolness since its stats aren't far from its ugly older brothers. I have a feeling Breloom will give me a pain in the ass, so I'm hoping he Spores, while I leave in Rhydon who will probably be the best use to me sleeping.

Breloom used Substitute
Breloom lost 25% of its health
Breloom made a Substitute

What the hell?! I was SURE he would switch out! Who leaves a Rhydon in on a Breloom? I was really hoping for a free sub here since I'm running a sub-seeder with Focus Punch and Seed Bomb.

Rhydon used Earthquake
The substitute took damage for Breloom
Breloom’s substitute faded

Huh, I have a feeling he'll take out Rhydon this next turn but I don't want to risk switching into Spore still, so I'll let him stay again.

Breloom used Leech Seed
Rhydon was seeded
Rhydon used Earthquake
Breloom lost 30% of its health
Rhydon’s health is sapped by Leech Seed
Rhydon lost 12% of its health
Breloom regained 12 % of its health

This was my second stupid move in the match. It wasn't until after I hit Leech Seed that I realized that Rhydon doesn't get the Solid Rock ability. This whole time I was afraid that Seed Bomb's damage would be reduced when it hit.

Again I am surprised by move choice, and I decide that he's probably getting pissed off at Rhydon and will Seed Bomb, so I take the opportunity to get Staraptor back in.

Goodbar switched in Staraptor
Staraptor’s Intimidate cuts Brelooms attack
Breloom used Seed Bomb
Staraptor lost 15% of its health

I'm really starting to get annoyed with myself at this point. Time to bring in my best counter to his stupid bird.

And I'm right, how the hell Rhydon survived 2 turns with Breloom I do not know, but I'm happy. If he for some reason decides to keep Breloom in, my max +attack Bandraptor should KO it with Close Combat, so I will use that in case he has Rhyperior and switches to it.

Supe switched in Rhyperior
Pointed Stones dug into Rhyperior
Rhyperior lost 6% of its health
Staraptor used Close Combat
Rhyperior lost 65% of its health
Staraptor’s defense was lowered
Staraptor’s special defense was lowered

I'm being outpredicted, outclassed, and outplayed in every way. I don't want my Rhyperior to die yet. I'm so focused on killing his Staraptor, that I decide to go for a risky move. Here's the plan: I figure that after an intimidate, his raptor's Close Combat will not be able to KO my raptor. I'm assuming he is running max attack. My Staraptor has a 27 IV in defense so the absolute most his Close Combat will do is 73%. I can then hit him back with a banded Brave Bird for the kill. I'm really banking on his bird not having a 31 IV in speed here...

Well what do you know, Rhyperior. I'm happy with predicting right and confident that I'm going to take a chunk of health out of something else by using Close Combat again.

Supe switched in Staraptor
Pointed stones dug into Staraptor
Staraptor lost 25% of its health

...Oh shit. I forgot to include SR damage in my calculation.

Staraptor’s Intimidate lowered Staraptor’s attack
Staraptor used Close Combat
Staraptor’s defense was lowered
Staraptor’s special defense was lowered
Staraptor lost 50% of its health
Supe’s Staraptor fainted

Supe: 4

Well that could not have gone worse. At least I get to bring in my shark for free now. Time to get rid of that god damn bird once and for all.

I even out the score and feel the momentum on my side. His lack of fighting resists now that his Nidoking is dead boosts my confidence even further, as I have a Heracross waiting to be unleashed.

Supe switched in Sharpedo
Pointed stones dug into Sharpedo
Sharpedo lost 12% of its health
Sharpedo used Ice Beam
Staraptor lost 85% of its health
Goodbar’s Staraptor fainted

Supe: 4
Goodbar: 3

Okay, finally something goes my way. I'm glad he didn't switch. he still has 2 pokemon I haven't seen though so this match is far from over.

I didn't think Staraptor would outspeed Sharpedo, but I decide I have the game in my hands, knowing I can at least OHKO the three Pokemon on his team I've seen with my Scarfcross.

Goodbar switched in Heracross

Holy crap. I don't have anything that can counter a Heracross. This is the threat that I have been most afraid of for the entire tournament. I lost my copy of Emerald so I was not able to get a Gliscor like I wanted. Now I'm gonna pay. He already used a specs Yanmega and a banded Staraptor. I seriously doubt that he'd be running 3 choiced pokemon on his team. The best thing to do is to try to do as much damage to it as possible. I'm hoping he goes for a Swords Dance.

Heracross used Close Combat
Heracross’s defense was lowered
Heracross’s special defense was lowered

Sharpedo lost 88 % of its health
Supe’s Sharpedo fainted
Sharpedo’s Rough Skin hurt Heracross
Heracross lost 12% of its health

Supe – 3
Goodbar – 3

Son of a bitch! It's scarfed after all. I really didn't expect to be outsped.
Yes, this could be it...

Supe switched in Breloom
Pointed stones dug into Breloom
Breloom lost 6% of its health
Heracross used Close Combat
Heracross’s defense was lowered
Heracross’s special defense was lowered
Breloom lost 81% of its health
Supe’s Breloom fainted

Goodbar – 3
Supe – 2

I have no clue why I did this. I never use poison types except for Gengar, so honestly, at the time, I didn't even know that Vileplume resisted fighting attacks. Pretty lame huh?

So long you annoying fucker, now just Rhyperior and the last Pokemon.

Supe switched in Vileplume
Pointed Stones dug into Vileplume
Vileplume lost 12% of its health

At this point I'm thinking that Heracross is gonna have himself a nice Close Combat sweep. Just in case he doesn't KO though, lets try to put him to sleep as a last ditch effort.

What's this? I think this would have been of more use earlier on... Guess I haven't quite won yet, but between Heracross, Rhydon, and the Pokemon I haven't revealed yet, Forretress, I think I can win this. Time to take the sleep (again?) Rhydon!

Goodbar switched in Rhydon
Vileplume used Sleep Powder
Sleep Powder missed

Like I said earlier. I'm not aware of the fighting resist, but when he switches it hits me like a ton of bricks. I'm really pissed at myself because I'm starting to realize that I should have used plume much earlier in the battle. I'm also kinda peeved to see that Sleep Powder misses. I'm afraid to use a grass attack, because that's just asking his Heracross to get back in. I decide to spam Sleep Powder in case of that Hera switch.

Ehhh, this is not good, this means I'll have to let Forre fall asleep and Rhydon die. Unless he predicts I switch back to Heracross, maybe you can hang in there Rhydon!

Sleep Powder missed
Rhydon used Earthquake
Vileplume lost 40% of its health

No switch and another miss. Looks like the pokegods are mad at me. Maybe I should put more money in the plate at pokechurch on Sunday...

And I get lucky, and take a nice chunk of health out as well. He can survive another Earthquake so hopefully he goes for the third Sleep Powder...

Rhydon fell asleep

Rhydon is fast asleep

I can take another Earthquake so I decide to just spam the sleep move. It finally hits, but at this point it doesn't even make a difference anymore.

Wow Rhydon, you are fucking awesome, you live in the face of two grass Pokemon. Thanks for doing your job well.

Goodbar switched in Forretress
Vileplume used Giga Drain
Forretress lost 6% of its health

It looks like the only prediction I was able to make during this entire battle is that he had a Forry in his team. It's gonna go BOOM and something's gonna die. If I let plume die, Hera will come in and CC Rhyperior. If I let Rhyperior die, Hera will come in and X-Scissor plume. In the end, I decide that exploding rock monsters is funnier than exploding flowers so I send in Rhyperior.

Supe switched in Rhyperior
Pointed Stones dug into Rhyperior
Rhyperior lost 6% of its health
Forretress used Explosion
Rhyperior lost 29% of its health
Supe’s Rhyperior fainted
Goodbar’s Foretress fainted

Goodbar – 2
Supe – 1

Yup, I'm screwed.

Explosion was a good choice for either Pokemon, as I believe Heracross can finish the job now.

Supe switched in Vileplume
Pointed Stones dug into Vileplume
Vileplume lost 12% of its health
Goodbar switched in Heracross
Heracross used X-Scissor
Vileplume lost 54% of its health
Supe’s Vileplume fainted

Goodbar wins.

Slops:
- Staraptor for not doing anything except bashing its beak into floating rocks and taking a jiu-jitsu pounding.
- Rhyperior for not setting up rocks or doing anything but serving as a punching bag.
- Not realizing that poison resists fighting until its way too late.
- Me for second guessing myself, not staying on the offensive, and losing my freakin Emerald cart.

Props:
- Nidoking for taking out two pokes right off the bat and surviving the specs HP Ground hit.
- Sharpedo for finally taking out Staraptor.
- Lorak for the awesome tourney conept and introduction of a new unique metagame to mess with.
- Goodbar for a fun battle.

Slops:

- Yanmega, for not OHKOing Nidoking
- Breloom/Vileplume, for letting Rhydon get the best of you two
- Rhyperior, for doing nothing
- Money, there isn't enough of it which is why Supe had no Gliscor

Props:

- Heracross, for finishing the game
- Staraptor, for causing lots of damaged meanwhile
- Rhydon, for surviving 5 turns in the face of grass Pokemon
- Nidoking, for living through Yanmega and picking off two valuable Pokemon
- Lorak, for the interesting tourney
- Supe, for a good last match

Supe

Welcome to the NU Throwdown!

(Sign-ups will last for one week)

Rounds will start on Saturdays and end one week later on the following Saturday. Please keep in mind that the holidays are coming up, so please do not enter if you will be unavailable halfway through the tourney.

RULES

Single Elimination

Rounds
- Will start on Saturdays and end one week later on the following Saturday. Please keep in mind that the holidays are coming up, so please do not enter if you will be unavailable halfway through the tourney.

Prize
- The winner will get redistribution rights to any 3 pokemon for which I am the OT from my thread.

Sleep Clause
- You may only put one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time. If your opponent used Rest or if Effect Spore causes sleep, that does not count.

Species Clause - No 2+ of the same Pokemon per team. Example: 2 Medichams are on your team.

Hax Items Clause - The items Bright Powder, Focus Band, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, and Razor Claw are banned.

Evasion Clause - The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.

OHKO Clause
- The moves Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Fissure are banned.

Self KO Clause
- You cannot use Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Destiny Bond if you are down to your last Pokemon.

Tier Lists

We will be using the NU and NFE Tiers from the Smogon Strategy Dex . Here are some links to help you out:

The NU Tier

The NFE Tier

The following NFE Pokemon are in UU and therefore banned:

• Magneton

• Chansey

Participant List

Lets start with 16 participants. I will cap this if it reaches 32 players. If more people sign up, I will enter them as subs.

Supe

Code:
 [B][U]NU Tier[/U][/B]

Ampharos
  Arbok
  Ariados
  Armaldo
  Articuno
  Bannette
  Bastiodon
  Beautifly
  Beedrill
  Bellossom
  Bibarel
  Butterfree
  Cacturne
  Camerupt
  Carnivine
  Castform
  Charizard
  Chatot
  Cherrim
  Chimecho
  Clamperl
  Cloyster
  Corsola
  Cradily
  Crawdaunt
  Delcatty
  Delibird
  Dewgong
  Ditto
  Dodrio
  Dunsparce
  Dustox
  Entei
  Exeggutor
  Exploud
  Farfetch’d
  Fearow
  Flareon
  Floatzel
  Furret
  Gastrodon
  Girafarig
  Glaceon
  Glalie
  Golduck
  Golem
  Gorebyss
  Granbull
  Grumpig
  Hitmonchan
  Huntail
  Hypno
  Illumise
  Jumpluff
  Jynx
  Kangaskhan
  Kecleon
  Kingler
  Kricketune
  Lapras
  Leafeon
  Ledian
  Lickilicky
  Linoone
  Lopunny
  Lumineon
  Lunatone
  Luvdisc
  Luxray
  Magcargo
  Magmortar
  Manectric
  Mantine
  Marowak
  Masquerain
  Mawile
  Medicham
  Meganium
  Mightyena
  Minum
  Mothim
  Mr. Mime
  Muk
  Nidoqueen
  Ninetales
  Noctowl
  Octillery
  Pachirisu
  Parasect
  Pelipper
  Persian
  Phione
  Pidgeot
  Pikachu
  Pinsir
  Plusle
  Politoed
  Poliwrath
  Porygon2
  Primeape
  Probopass
  Purugly
  Quagsire
  Quilfish
  Raichu
  Rampardos
  Rapidash
  Raticate
  Regice
  Regigigas
  Relicanth
  Sableye
  Sandslash
  Seaking
  Seviper
  Sharpedo
  Shedinja
  Shiftry
  Shuckle
  Skuntank
  Slaking
  Slowking
  Solrock
  Spinda
  Stantler
  Sudowoodo
  Sunflora
  Swalot
  Tauros
  Torkoal
  Trapinch
  Tropius
  Unown
  Ursaring
  Venomoth
  Vespiqueen
  Victreebel
  Vigoroth
  Vileplume
  Volbeat
  Wailord
  Walrein
  Whiscash
  Wigglytuff
  Wormadam
  Wormadam-G
  Wormadam-S
  Xatu
  Zangoose

Supe

The End of an Era: Gen 4 OU
Approved by Alaka

The days of Generation 4 are coming to a close in the world of competitive Pokemon. Lets go out with one last OU tournament before English versions of Black and White hit the shelves in March! We'll even throw in a little twist to keep things interesting.

Rules

Matches will be 6v6 lvl 100 single battles

Single Elimination

Team changes are allowed between rounds

No Hacks
- Not even legit hacks.

No Ubers

*No Stealth Rocks* - That's right! Get creative and re-run your calcs because the move Stealth Rock is banned! All other entry hazards are allowed.

Sleep Clause - You may only put one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time. If your opponent uses Rest or if Effect Spore causes sleep, that does not count.

Species Clause - No 2+ of the same Pokemon per team. Example: 2 Charizards are on your team.

Hax Items Clause - The items Bright Powder, Focus Band, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, and Razor Claw are banned.

Evasion Clause - The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.

OHKO Clause
- The moves Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Fissure are banned.

Self KO Clause
- You cannot use Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Destiny Bond if you are down to your last Pokemon.

Please follow all other rules in the Tournament Sticky

Participants

This will be a 16 person tournament, but it may be opened to more people depending on interest. Please make sure to include your FC somewhere in your post.

*Sign-ups will end on February 4, 2011.*

Supe

That's fine. UT baby buizel is fine. I can't trade right now but I should be able to tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)