1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Team Grenade Story

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Steelicks, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I am writing this report from Team Grenade headquaters. Carl and Jason, my superiors, are currently absent. But today we were victorious. Today we conquered Team Awesome, and their regime. Their wicked plans are now halted... at least, for a little while.

I will write this report without bias; I am merely stating the truth as to what happened today. But to explain it better, perhaps, I had better start from the beginning... Before I learned the power of the Grenade.

I was a child, only ten years of age. I woke up on the streets of Celadon, in a daze... I did not know how I got there, or why I was unconscious. All I knew was, I was far away from my home town... the beloved Cinnibar Island. Of course I was scared; you would have been, too. I searched high and low, but nobody could help me get home. I thought all was lost.

Until I met Jason. Known as Articuno64 by his close friends, I found him at the Games Corner. Gambling. He was always a gambling man.

He helped me get home to Cinnibar Island... he was sympathetic towards me, and the mess I was in. He was able to FLY me back using his Pokemon (Articuno, of course, being his preference).

I wish I hadn't returned. To see what was left of my home.

Yes, it was destroyed. Infested with vicious Fire and Poison Pokemon, the Pokemon Mansion was nothing more than a ruin. We fought our way through the wreckage to find my father's documents regarding the genetic Pokemon Mewtwo (who is still believed to be a legend). How they survived the blaze, I don't know. I collapsed on the floor, in tears. There is no way my father would have survived the fire, and there is no way he would have left the mansion without a fight. It was to be assumed he was dead.

"Who... who did this?", I asked Jason, my mentor, with tears in my eyes. "Who took my father.. and my pride... away from me?"

Jason slapped me in the face (using the back of his hand... he was graceful like that), and shook me. "Now is not the time for crying, lowly Steelicks", he spat. "Now is the time for revenge." He handed me a small gleaming object... a name badge. "(AWESOME) Leader", it read. Gritting my teeth, eyes still watering with sadness and pain, I clenched the badge tight, only thinking of revenge. Jason nodded and smiled slightly.

The training began as soon as we returned to Celadon, in our secret headquaters hidden in the Games Corner (which was once a hiding place for the short-lived Team Rocket). Jason told me, before we began, that the only way I could confront the wicked Team Awesome was if I could harnass the power of the Grenade. I will not bother to rehash the history of the mystical power of the Grenade; you would not understand. But to make a long story short, it is something to be respected... and feared. The world was not designed to withstand such power.

Jason doubted me at first. True, I had the necessary hatred and will to gain such power, but was I physically able to take it?

"You have to believe, Steelicks." He reinforced this point each training day, as I meditated, trying to unlock the explosion in me. "You have to believe in the power of the grenade... as you believe in me."

It was no use... I was not strong enough. Jason thought so too. "Go to the store and buy a Soda Pop... you disgrace," he added, sneering. The last two words hit me hard. I left the headquaters, shutting the door with a snap.

On the way to the store, however, something happened that changed my life forever.

A young lady was being attacked by Team Atq! A mysterious clan not commonly known for their battling skill, the two members in question were attempting to mug this young lady. Of course, I attempted to intervene. "Beldum! GO!" I yelled, sending my only Pokemon to face the opposing Grimer and Sandshrew.

Now, any run of the mill trainer could tell you that Beldum is not the best Pokemon in the world. With only one attack move, it was struggling against the Pokemon controlled by Team Atq. They mocked me. I was fearful that I would lose.

But I believed. And then, it happened.

The mystical power of the grenade... it overcame me. I could feel it in my blood, my veins... my heart. I was ready. And, apparently, so was Beldum. In a split second, it evolved into Metang. Driven with the power and hatred of the Grenade, it easily conquered the opponents Pokemon... and the spirit of Team Atq.

"Are you alright?", I asked the young girl, still getting over the shock myself. Clenching her handbag with fear, she ran away. I can't say I blame her. The explosion was, indeed, something to be feared.

"Nice work." I spun around on the spot, to find Jason. He had witnessed the entire ordeal. "I see you finally believe, and can now grasp the power of the Grenade. Now the REAL training will begin. Come. There is someone I would like you to meet."

To be continued... :-o
  2. noobster

noobster space cowboy
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament

I salute you [Grenade] Steelicks as the high ranked official of Junior 'Nades Squad Leader.
  3. The.Lost.Hylian

The.Lost.Hylian I'll have what you're drinking
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I salute [Grenade] Steelicks as an official Junior Membern of Noobster's Squad.
  4. Bugsy23

Bugsy23 "Lets go to sleep in Paris, and wake up in Tokyo"
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Great story Steelicks, from one of the original Junior Nades.
  5. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I remember it like it was yesterday.
  6. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

7. Steelicks

is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My face is still red from where you slapped me.

The skin is of a raw, red color.

EDIT: THAT WAS TO JASON NOT CHAOS. CHAOS DID NOT BRING ME UP, JASON DID.
  8. Sanders

Sanders
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

who is this newbie Team Awesome
  9. Sanders

Sanders

10. Steelicks

get out of my thread, you AWESOME scum

or should i say NOT AWESOME

but you are part of team AWESOME....

i'm so confused :(
  11. Sanders

Sanders

I wear the tag [AWESOME]tronome. This is because I believe in letting the Pokégods decide my fate. If they are in favor of me, I shall Imprison your pokémon. If Mars is not correctly aligned and I cannot touch the Daisy, maybe they will choose my opponent, you. The point is, you let the Pokégods choose your path, judge your skill. Not the biased opinion of what is advantages and disadvantages of a specific team.

You battled our finest using Challenge Cup. Hardly a test of skill, to say the least. If you possess any you will challenge me on the field of battle, youngling. You are but a mortal. I am above your pitiful squabbles. I am a messenger of the Gods, and if you question my authority, I will strike you down... at the wave of a finger.

Team AWESOME: If it can die, we can kill it.
  12. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Pokegods do not exist. There is only power. True power is the essense of the explosion. Fear the explosion.
  13. Sanders

Sanders

disadvantages and advantages. there is no true way to test your skills unless you let a higher presence in life decide. you can never decide the true scale of skill of one party or another in pokemon. luck is not a factor. luck is merely a decision made by the higher authority.

ps you are going to pokehell, weakling.

[this message will explode in 5 seconds]
  14. The.Lost.Hylian

The.Lost.Hylian I'll have what you're drinking
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I like how Sanders didn't read Steelick's excellent work yet knows it is about Team Not Awesome :D
  15. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Have an AWESOME day.
  16. propeacex

propeacex

:waves the wtf flag:
  17. GotMiltank

GotMiltank

Your team is silly! :lol:
  18. Altmer

Altmer rid this world of human waste
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I DIDN'T SEE YOU BATTLING FOR THE SAKE OF FIRE
  19. choop

choop

As a Junior member, this emotional tale of passion and pride inspires me to believe!
  20. Sanders

Sanders

that was a token tl;dr post

i read it all and found it QUITE humorous steelicks you rule!

sorry you just aren't awesome exploud

steelicks for when you fictionally defeat us all in your dream world;

cloud
    fm
    jshadias
    goof
    me
    hip

that is our pro lineup.
  21. Ace

Ace

Lol
    Great story:)
  22. Somebody

Somebody

23. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Team AWESOME has been cramping my style for too long man.. I'm out..
    I'll catch you all on the flipside..

Have a nice day.
  24. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

lol awesome

Am I supposed to hang with one of those spiffy avatars?
  25. Vulcan Fury

Vulcan Fury
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Oh oh oh please write more :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)