The Third Smogon Chess Tournament Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RULES:

1. All forum rules apply to this tournament
2. All matches must obey the Laws of Chess
3. Matches can be completed on any platform that both players agree to. The default platform is lichess.
4. Use of clocks are optional, but encouraged (30 minutes per player is a good default time control)
5. Deadlines will be set for matches to be completed. ENZ0 and I will grant wins / losses / draws based on activity if needed.
6. ENZ0 and I will settle disputes on a case-by-case basis. PM us or contact us on IRC if needed.
7. Use of chess-playing computers and anything of the sort is strictly prohibited. Use of opening books, endgame tables, etc. during the match is also strictly prohibited. Use nothing that you couldn't use in a face-to-face tournament.
8. The tournament is swiss-style. 1 point for a win, .5 points for a draw, 0 points for a loss. There will be 6 rounds, and if there is no clear winner, there will be a playoff.

All tournament participants are encouraged to join #smogonchess on synirc! Congregating in one area will make it easy for you to contact your opponent and for ENZ0 and I to contact you.

Activity was ok last round but I'd like to see an improvement. I had to disqualify Impact, Fire Blast, and JRank for activity reasons. If they'd like to rejoin the tournament, I'll give them 0 points for that round. Anyway, pairings:

[2]WHITE: Eo Ut Mortus vs [2]BLACK: theangryscientist
[2]WHITE: ginganinja vs [2]BLACK: Snunch
[2]WHITE: Hyperbeem vs [2]BLACK: Curtains - activity
[2]WHITE: patronus vs [2]BLACK: moo
[1.5]WHITE: Umbreon Dan vs [1]BLACK: Tobes
[1]WHITE: reyscarface vs [1]BLACK: jalmont747
[1]WHITE: AlphaJolt vs [1]BLACK: shinyskarmory - activity
[1]WHITE: JabbaTheGriffin vs [1]BLACK: ButteredToast - coinflip
[1]WHITE: kd24 vs [1]BLACK: ENZ0
[1]WHITE: Floppy vs [1]BLACK: Quagsires
[1]WHITE: Da Letter El vs [0]BLACK: Darkpenguin67
[0]WHITE: Shining Latios vs [0]BLACK: Undisputed
[0]WHITE: badass vs [0]BLACK: Atticus - both are DQed
[0]WHITE: Macle vs [1]BLACK: Stunt

Deadline is Tuesday at 11:59 PM GMT-5 (11/1) because of Halloween.

To clear up some confusion I added a brief explanation of the swiss system into the rules. There will be 6 rounds total, I'm willing to bet that nobody will be 6-0 at the end of it.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If people want free wins off of me instead of a bye you can put me back in, I completely forgot about this, sorry. :(

if you want the bye it's probably better for your tiebreaker though ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)