The Tormenting Stall [OU RMT]

Too many ideas, I'm getting confused xD
Twist of Fate recommends ScarfTar, which is fine
Acinod wants to change something for Celebi, I can't think of what to change!

@Doctor Who? Yeah I tested it with U-Turn and its nice, still unsure exactly what to do to the team though. I think if I remove tyranitar, make Swampert my lead, I can have Gliscor running EQ/U-Turn/Taunt/Roost, which would be pretty nice.

But then I still am trying to get Celebi, I think it can check Salamence fairly well, with Thunderwave and Recover.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:

* Swords Dance
* Flare Blitz
* Mach Punch/Close Combat
* Thunder Punch

I can actually stall it out fairly well. Gliscor can take it on if it has reasonable HP, not to mention Heatran can take a Flare Blitz/Protect and switch out again. Sure it can hurt my team, but I can easily take it down by sacrificing a mere one or two pokemon. Sand Storm + SR + LO recoil is just about all I need, but if Spikes and Toxic Spikes are up its even easier. Although thanks for pointing that out.

This Pokémon owns your entire team:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Mach Punch/Close Combat
Thunder Punch

One Swords Dance and it's over. Why is it that stall teams are completely torn asunder when a single hyper offensive Pokémon with an unusual moveset is sent out at the right moment? You should know the answer to this.

To answer your question: stall teams only counter relevant threats. Only 15% of Infernape's in March used Flare Blitz on the standard ladder (11.3% on suspect). Less than 8.1% used Swords Dance (<11.8% on suspect). Why in the world would you prepare for something that clearly isn't used often? So, yes, I do know that answer to this: Because Swords Dance Infernape is not a commonly used pokemon.

Now, you presented a problem to this team. Solution? No, that would take too much work. Besides, when something is used so infrequently, why bother preparing for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)