The Trick Room Compendium (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serapis

Losing my way to Victory
POINT OF CLARIFICATION: I will be updating all of the "Details" sections with sample sets and description paragraphs as well as other notable moves that the Pokemon may have. Think of it like a TR centered analysis for each mon.

I've been meaning to do this for awhile and just now am I getting around to it. Long story short, this will be a compilation of every VGC legal Trick Room user in the game (I'll create edited versions of this for future VGC formats). The list will be sorted by PokeDex number. Every Pokemon that gets Trick Room will have a section, however Pokemon that are outclassed by one of their fellow Trick Room users will have that in their description. Before we start though, we might as well review the effects of Trick Room.

Trick Room has a Priority of -7, meaning that it will always be used last in any given turn. The effects of Trick Room last for 5 turns, but the first turn is counted as the turn that the move is used so you effectively have 4 full turns to utilize Trick Room. While Trick Room is in effect, the Pokemon with the lowest speed stat moves first. Priority brackets themselves remain the same, but the slowest Pokemon in each bracket moves before the rest. If Trick Room is used while Trick Room is in effect, the effects of Trick Room will be reversed.

So, with all of that established, let's begin!

Abra

Kadabra

Alakazam

Mega-Alakazam

Slowpoke

Slowbro

Mega-Slowbro

Ghastly

Haunter

Gengar

Mega-Gengar

Drowzee

Hypno

Exeggcute

Exeggutor

Starmie

Mr. Mime

Jynx

Porygon

Natu

Xatu

Espeon

Slowking

Misdreavus

Girafarig

Porygon-2

Stantler

Smoochum

Ralts

Kirlia

Gardevoir

Mega-Gardevoir

Spoink

Grumpig

Spinda

Lunatone

Solrock

Baltoy

Claydol

Keckleon

Shuppet

Banette

Mega-Banette

Duskull

Dusclops

Chimecho

Mismagius

Chingling

Bronzor

Bronzong

Mime Jr.

Porygon-Z

Gallade

Mega-Gallade

Dusknoir

Uxie

Azelf

Mespirit

Cresselia

Munna

Musharna

Woobat

Swoobat

Audino

Mega-Audino

Whimsicott

Yamask

Cofagrigus

Gothita

Gothorita

Gothitelle

Solosis

Duosion

Reuniclus

Frillish

Jellicent

Klinklang

Eglem

Beyheeme

Litwick

Lampent

Chandelure

Delphox

Espurr

Meowstic-M

Meowstic-F

Spritzee

Aromatisse

Inkay

Malamar

Carbink

Phantupp

Trevenant

Pumpkaboo (Super)

Gourgeist (Super)

Last edited:
Lol. In paper, Stantler looks like a pretty neat TR setter. Until i remember is bad.
Also, it's funny to see most if not all viable TR setters between gen 4 and gen 5.

nicholascookie

Banned deucer.
What's the whole fucking point of this post when you got movedexes everywhere that do the exact same thing: list Pokemon, stats, and verify legality

It would be better overall if you simply put up the pokemon, and then gave a good analysis about each one's TR options. And remove stuff that doesn't need to be there (I.e. porygon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)