1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Triforce Tournament Invitations

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by havoc, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havoc

havoc pottlepalooza
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The initial thread: click here

Well, I've been making a list and checking it twice. Hopefully, interest hasn't deteriorated due to me being too busy in real life to draft up the invitation list.

Now, before I post the list, I would like to say a few things.

1. I am inviting people that I know and believe to be dependable and would be committed to the tournament. Given the team nature of this tournament, hopefully we won't have any disqualifications or delays. If you're on the invitation list and want to confirm your spot, post in this thread.

2. I am NOT inviting people for every spot (meaning I am not inviting 48 people) and I'm doing this for a reason. This hopefully will ensure that the teams are made of friends; for example, if 2 people are invited and want to be on a team with their buddy that I didn't invite, then more than likely, said third person will be on the team.

3. If I did invite you and you want someone on your team that I didn't initially invite, they are all but definitely on your team. However, choose your teammates wisely; remember, if they don't show up for a match, you're automatically one down. I'm putting my trust in you guys to pick quality teammates to make for awesome matches and an exciting tourney.

4. As evidenced in item 2, there will be 48 people in this tournament. For all of you math geniuses out there, that means that there will be 16 teams. You can pick whatever name for a team you want, I don't care. Now, in case of an emergency, the ONLY way you can change the members is if all three members tell me that they approve the change. However, when the tournament starts, you're locked in with your team, no exceptions.

5. If you're not invited initially, please don't be offended. I actually don't really go to the NetBattle server often compared to most regulars in my opinion, so I don't know everybody. I just invited people that I know well, people that posted in the thread, and people who I consider to be some of the elite in the metagames today. This is why I didn't invite 48 people. If you are interested in the tourney and want to try and get picked up by a team, post in this thread. Even if you've been picked up for a team, post in this thread. I can't guarantee that you'll make it, but your chances of being in will definitely go up. In addition, there's no guarantee that everyone on the list will sign up.

6. When you decide on your team and your team name, all three members must post in this thread. For example, if Jumpman16 and Roy were my two partners, I'd just post that would say "I am on Team Perfect Hair Forever with Justin8649 and Mekkah." Or something like that. IN ADDITION, one of the members must send me a private message confirming it. I'm making sure that you are damn sure you want to be in this.

7. Even if you are on the invitation list, if you cannot find 2 teammates, then I'm afraid you won't be in. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

Now, that being said, here is the list. Keep in mind that I am not participating in the tournament, I am just running it.

1. chaos
    2. skarm
    3. Jumpman16
    4. Hipmonlee
    5. Roy
    6. omni
    7. Cromat
    8. Rex Iudeorum
    9. Justin8649
    10. cloud9x
    11. Eagle
    12. Noobster
    13. JMC
    14. Vineon
    15. Articuno64
    16. Mekkah
    17. Warthog
    18. Fish
    19. andii56
    20. Veteran In Love
    21. Mr. Saturn
    22. Fatum
    23. peterko
    24. Jackal
    25. GotMiltank
    26. FlamingMasamune
    27. goofball
    28. psychup2034
    29. Loki
    30. Icicle Knight
  2. jpchato

jpchato

So since I'm not on the list and it isn't full, maybe someone can pick me up. :D

I'm pretty good at rs, and I can hold my own in gsc and rby.
  3. noobster

noobster space cowboy
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament

confirming my invitation :)

edit: i'm pretty good at rby and rs :)
  4. 180.ROGER

180.ROGER

WHY IM NOT HERE >:(
  5. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

6. 180.ROGER

180.ROGER

ALL ARE GOING TO REGRET THIS >:(
  7. Veteran In Love

Veteran In Love
    is a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 3 Champion

8. 180.ROGER

180.ROGER

so i dont posted in the thread right :|
  9. omni

omni
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

shut up already

i will be in, and i might make a team with psychup and goof
  10. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!

WHY IM NOT HERE >:(
  11. 180.ROGER

180.ROGER

so all are laughing right hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool: :drool: :drool:
  12. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yea Im there. I dont want to touch GSC unless I really have too, much rather have RBY or RS.
  13. kleine

kleine

I'm pretty competent at RS and RBY (but receive the worst luck in the latter), so if anyone wants me...
  14. Lesm46

Lesm46
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'll join a team if any need an extra person. I can do any of the versions, though I'd prefer rby or else rusa.
  15. Veteran In Love

Veteran In Love
    is a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 3 Champion

me and warthog hae decided to unite to make it two straight tourney championships as a team

We are looking for a player whose best metagame is RBY, and GSC experience would be good to have too. Feel free to PM either me or Warthog about a possible spot
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I don't think I will participate since I want to stop Pokémoning and this tournament is going to take very long and stuff. I was going to team up with Eagle and andii, so they are probably looking for a new RSer then.
  17. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

posting to confirm but i don't know if i am supposed to post or not. :]
  18. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

this is our team and our name is: deucer

RBY - Me
    GSC - Articuno64
    RS - chaos with a capital c
  19. havoc

havoc pottlepalooza

Well just remember that you can switch around if you want justin!
  20. Voodoo

Voodoo

ok where's me havoc x(
  21. GotMiltank

GotMiltank

Last exam is tomorrow (FINALLY) so I will be back and able to battle and stuff. So... confirming or whatever.

PICK ME PICK ME! (I am RS master omg!)
  22. havoc

havoc pottlepalooza

I apologize to Voodoo, whose name I accidently left off the invitation list. Voodoo is in the tournament.
  23. zfs

zfs Everything old is new again
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

sure ill be in this

anyone who wants me on their team, I can play any meta, and have been doing surprisingly weel at gsc and rby lately, though I guess I'm best at rs.
  24. Raikage

Raikage

Well if anyone is going to pick me I can play all three gens(read: hax all three gens). : :koffcry:
  25. Fish

Fish
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Who wants a hasbeen?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)