The Triumph of Doom! (AKA D/P Elite Four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in anyone else's experiences with the elite four. I just finished beating them in the most ridiculously long, painful, aggravating, but ultimately satisfying match in my entire 9 year Pokemon history.

The team going in:
Jynx - Level 44
Dialga - Level 52
Luxray - Level 51
Infernape - Level 40
Roselia - Level 42
Staraptor - Level 45

Coming out:
Jynx - Level 48
Luxray - Level 53
Dialga - Level 52
Infernape - Level 45
Roselia - Level 46
Staraptor - Level 49

Took forever, had three restarts at the champion, used all 34 revives. All the pokes here are careless EVs/nature except Dialga. I also only used Dialga on two pokemon in the champion fight, because he's non-EVed.

When I finished this horrendous challenge, I downloaded Chariots of Fire.

lol its not that hard. I used my garchomp with swords dance and beat most of them. One exception being using honchkrows sucker punch to take out alakazam.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I beat them using a bunch of X speeds and X defenses on my level 50 Lucario. Then SD'd 3 times. used a Hyper Potion/Full Restore. Then when my HP got low I used Reversal. Pretty easy. I used Infernape for the bug guy though. Didn't want to use Dialga since the EVs would get messed up.

Starting GenIII (more exactly Fire/Leaf), I've developed an habit of only leveling my starter up. It can be tough in the beginning, but the payoff is amazing, as you'll reach the E4 with an 80-ish little devil (provided you skip as few Trainers as possible).
And if you're into it, stacking up on RCs helps this greatly (I remember having gotten about 10).

I had to trouble with the first 3 people (All of them had a weak to one of my Empoleon's attacks... Drill Peck for bug-boy and Surf for the grandma and redhead).

Damn Lucian. You bastard. Had to reset like 6 times against him...

But, after finally beating Cynthia (third try) I had never felt such acomplishment in a pokemon game before. >_>

Don't soft reset when you lose. You only have to pay a few thousand, but you get to keep the XP.

What won the Elite Four for me was explosion... Explosion speeds things up, but forces me to buy a silly amount of revives. Other than that, Torterra was excellent in the Elite Four, Infernape was horrible. I guess the opposite of RSE.

EDIT:

Probably everyone used Staraptor and Luxray.

Forgot my team... so I had to check the Hall of Fame. har.
Exiting the Elite Four:
Luxray LV50
Staraptor LV51
Torterra LV62 (traded a tuna sandwich for this one.)
Infernape LV50
Golem LV53
Palkia LV48

Everyone went in at level 49 or lower except for Torterra.

succeded in my first try had something like:
infernape
staraptor
abomasnow
toxicroak
vespiquen
luxray
all around level 50.. maybe expect for abomasnow he was around level 45, because grows so slow.
just used them weaknesses.

I simply used Gyarados on like all of them, DD'd up about 6 times on the first poke and raped the crap out of them. I only had 4 level 50s going in, and 3 coming out.

I owned first e4 with Staraptor, the second with Torterra, and the third with Octillery and Medicham. The fourth was owned by my Megahorn Rapidash. But Cynthia was very hard. I needed a critical hit for finish her Lucario, and I had to do a combination of Bronzorg stalling and Staraptor intimidating for get her Garchomp with -6 Atk and then Ice Beam it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Team before Cynthia (JP version)
Infernape Lv.57 (with Swords Dance. Ripped apart Cynthia's team by itself and Uxie's Yawn support)
Uxie Lv.50 (Yawn)
Azelf Lv.50 (Does nothing)
Staraptor Lv.46 (actually destroyed Golem)
Palkia Lv.51 (meh, destroys Zam at the time)
Gyarados Lv.35. (Does nothing but Intimidate and some waterfalling

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
I only trained Empoleon and Staraptor and gave Empoleon Ice Beam.

Staraptor lv.61 succeded against almost all pokemon of the league and i just had to use few revives and no soft-reseting

Started with Roserade, Luxray, Infernape, Dialga and Starraptor, all at Lv48. I had a surprisingly easy time beating them....

Doesn't Staraptor rip through most of the teams? Really, besides Alakazam, Garchomp, and the ground-types it either has an SE attack, or it's STAB moves are so powerful it doesn't matter. This Elite Four looks really easy for me, considering I have an overleveled Staraptor and Torterra. I'm also raising a Cross Chop Croagunk for fun. Sucker Punch is going to be fun against the Psyhcic types.

My team for the E4 was…
Torterra **Bonzai**
Staraptor **Atticus**
Alakazam **Alakamazin**
Drifblim **Dirigiboo**
Drapion **Drappers**
Spiritomb **Dana**

I AA'd through most of the Bug duder with Atticus, with I think a Brave Bird for Drapion.

Bonzai Wood Hammernated the country side, Wood Hammernated the people against the Ground lady; the only thing that gave me trouble was Hippowdon and CHing with an EQ after a Curse ¬_¬

I tried to use Drappers against the fire dude, but unfortionately Rapidash = :[ I think I just swept with Alakamazin's Choice Specs Pyschic.

Dana lawl'd against the Psychic dude. Seriously, it was kinda pathetic.

Surprisingly enough, Dirigiboo saved the day against the Champion. I opened with her, and the damn spiritomb would NOT stop using Silver Wind ≥_≤ After 3 stockpiles and a Sub, I passed to Bonzai, who made things dead. Afterwards, she sent her Milotic in, and I survived the Ice Beam thanks to the stockpiles (had about 12 HP left) and Wood Hammered for great justice. Then when she got to Garchomp… lawls… I PP Stalled out Dragon Rush or whatever, then just let Drifblim set up on the poor mother.

All in all, very satisfying.

The first time, it was hard; I lost to Flint/Ooba.

The second time was easy, minus a few critical hits/ my attacks doing as least damage as possible. Lucian was the hardest imo, his Alakazam kept using random moves to rape my team (this ended up helping me win)

I beat the game on my first try with barley any items used until the champion. My team was as follows:

Torterra - Lv. 55
Gyarados - Lv. 55
Steelix - Lv. 55
Staraptor - Lv. 55
Palkia - Lv. 55
Gabite - Lv. 40

I took down all of the first four with no hassles at all, but i took it down to the wire with Cynthia, where it was a nail bitter. it took a CH ice fang from gyarados to kill her Garchomp, and then it was her Lucario vs. my Gabite, Gyarados and Steelix. I thought, great game over. not so much. Gabite was killed, obviously, while i healed Steelix to go in next. He goes in and dies to a CH Aura Sphere. I went through like 10 revives reviving both Steelix and Gyrados, until one time i figured that I should just let myself die and restart. however, the dumb lucario, at full health and with -4 attack, reversals my gyarados 3 times in a row, allowing me to kill it with waterfall. That was by far the most satisfying feeling in pokemon history for me. It only took me 3 days to beat the entire game, and I did it faster than the self proclaimed "pokepro" down my steet. that was the sweetest of all.

Empoleon: Level 44
Bronzong: Level 44
Luxray: Level 45
Torterra: Level 47
Staraptor: Level 45
Infernape: Level 48

first try win, with no saves.. since I didn't want to accidently get stuck at Cynthia if I lost -.-

Cynthia was.. fun. I sat around on her garchomp with Bronzong, and confuse ray/extrasensory/hypnosis spammed it, you can imagine how long it took -.o (her and her stupid berry + full restores)

Empoleon - 60
Alakazam - 60

Sweep sweep sweep. Although, that damn Bronzong gave me A LOT of trouble with it's resistances and Calm Minds.

Gyarados 44
Infernape 43
Luxray 43
Weavile 43
Hippowdon 43
Staraptor 43

I just won with Ethers/Full Restores on Gyarados using Dragon Dance. By the end he was almost level 50 if I remember correctly lol. My biggest problem was the second leader that starts with the Double Team/Dig/Protect/Sandstorm Quagsire. That thing was a bastard. I kept resetting on the Psychic Elite Four guy with my Weavile until he got a crit hit on the Mr. Mime (he would OHKO a couple other things too). I had to use Weavile first against this one because the Mr.Mime had an electric move. The only reason I beat the Champion was the Spiritomb....it let me set up my Gyarados fully FTW.

I mainly used Infernape(i think it was around 60) and Staraptor who was around 55? Only thing is, I wasted my grass knot on the ape but o well it paid off.

Vespiquen with Defend Order/Attack Order/Heal Order/Toxic is extremely potent and slow and entirely reliant on ether but it got the job done.

entering-
Palkia Lv.47
Rozerade Lv.48
Staraptor Lv.50
Empoleon Lv.49
Uxie Lv.50
Drifblim Lv.48

ok bug person...... Staraptor Swept all, but Dorapion killed Dilaga, and I think Drifblim before it died....

ground person- Rozerade OWNED with Petal dance, switched Empoleon on golem, then Rozerade came back with more petals( it got confused)

Fire dude........... Empoleon Abused all but Steelix, who was a Pain in the butt....,but this is how it started- Rapidash, or someone got a sunny day off before empoleon KOed it, then to get some use of the sun I place in Rozerade, who is 2HKOed by SE Fire Fang- because Petal dance 3hkoed, and it switched into a rock tomb. It switched, I killed something else, Empoleon came in- got burned, smacked the thing with an aqua jet when I tried to finish it off, but 2 surfs later it died.....

Psychic person.....I Freakin hate him.....

Mr.Mime- Drifblim failed, as thunder hax fails when it misses, and Mr Mime stops being an idiot- and 2HKO's with T-bolt
everyone else was easy except Alakazam, who beat me with Focus Blasts and psychics.....but I came back, after using about 9-10 of my 50 revives, and 10 of my 50 Hyper potions.....

Cynthia.....
Items at this point-
34 Hyper Potions
19 Revives
60 Full Heals....

first time- I beat up everyone, and thinking I could either outrun or survive an intimidated weakened STAB SE EQ, I attempted a Ice beam with Empoleon- I lost.....1-0

second Time- Same thing, I find that my Empoleon's Ice beam 2HKO's Garchomp as I begin to abuse Yawn with Uxie- (found some use for it)
then Milotic owns me, when Grass rope leaves it with about 2 hp, and it ko's my Empoleon with Mirror Coat(empoleon was at about 20% hp)

Third time- Same as second- Milotic with Mirror Coat owns Empoleon and Rozerade dies after Stun Spore fails, and is 2HKOed by Ice beam

fourth and Final time....
after being pissed off from the three other times, I continue the Uxie Yawn attack, and after killing Garchomp, I go on to Milotic.....and I lead, 3 pokes to 1(Uxie, Empoleon, Rozerade)
final battle
Uxie-Yawn
Milotic-Mirror Coat(failed)
Uxie-Psychic
Milotic-Surf-KO(sleeps)
Rozerade-STAB SE Petal Dance
Milotic-Sleep
Rozerade-STAB SE Petal Dance
Cynthia heals
Rozerade-Stun Spore
Milotic-SE Ice beam
Rozerade-Hits self
Milotic-STAB NVE Surf-KO
Empoleon-SE Grass Rope
Milotic-Mirror Coat
Empoleon-SE Grass ROpe
Milotic-Mirror Coat
Empoleon(5% hp)-SE Grass Rope....KO's
I do a dance.....
i did save before each E4, and except for Cynthia, I had never had to restart a gym or E4 battle...

Lol, I beat them on my first try, and it was only meant to be a test run. My pokemon ranged from 50-53, including:

Octillery
Infernape
Lucario
Dialga
Azelf
Luxray

Pathetic, isn't it?

My modest 31/31/29/27/17/22 modest azelf beat everything with a usual scheme set... at lv53 =x

meh, not too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)