The Uber Paralyse team

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
The Paralyse Abuse Team

Introduction:

The idea of this team is to spam paralysis status through the opponent's team to benefit Serene Grace pokemons and help Groudon to sweep. I got really good results with this team, reaching #15 in the Uber Ladder on Shoddy Battle.

Changes in Bold

Kyogre @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder

Kyogre starts the game providing rain support and spamming paralysis. The rain provided by Kyogre helps a lot this team, protecting Jirachi and Shaymin-S from fire attacks. I choose Kyogre as a lead mostly because I need it somewhere in this team and couldn't find another spot for it. The main problem with Kyogre is that it can't avoid Deoxys from setting up two layers of entry hazards (unless I get parahax from Thunder). Without a rapid spinner in this team I have to deal with SR and one layer of spikes for the rest of the game.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/36 Spd/234 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi is the big star of my team. Having Thunder Wave AND Body Slam may look redundant but with this set Jirachi can paralyze all pokemons in the Uber metagame. With Body Slam I can paralyze Groudon and Garchomp switching into Jirachi and (most important) I can paralyze Taunt Mewtwo. With Thunder Wave I don't have to deal with the 60% paralysis rate of Body Slam and I can paralyze Giratina and Giratina-o (and eventualy Gengar). With Iron Head, Jirachi can abuse of paraflinch hax and kill a lot of things. Wish support helps a lot the team and work well with Iron Head for Jirachi heal itself. With this Evs Jirachi can survive most special attacks of the uber metagame, surviving a full health Water Spout from Scarf Kyogre. With those speed EVs Jirachi reaches 245 speed, outspeeding StallBreakers Giratina-o so it can paralyze it before setting a sub.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/64 Def/192 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost
- Reflect
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

The physical wall of my team, Lugia protects me from threats like Rayquaza, Garchomp and Groudon and spam paralysis in the opponent's team. With Reflect, Lugia can counter RP Groudon. Lugia makes a defensive pair with Dialga, taking Ground and Fighting attacks while Dialga take Electric and Rock attacks. Lugia also is an excellent Thunder Wave spammer, being able to take hits from lots of Ubers, paralysing them and them recovering the damage with Roost. With Roar on Dialga, Lugia doesn't need Whirlwind for phazing.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 SAtk/116 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Roar

Dialga sets SR for my team and provides a defensive pair with Lugia. With Thunder, Dialga can counter most Kyogre sets, except the Calm Mind ones. Thunder also gives Lugia 30% of chance to paralyse something. Draco Meteor hits hard everything that doesn't resist to it or Blissey. With Roar I can phaze Ninjask, Calm Mind Kyogre and subseeders like Shaymin-S and Jumpluff,

Shaymin-s @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Synthesis

Changed to Life Orb Shaymin-S. Few things can switch into life orb seed flare and even Blissey will have problems if her Sp. Def drops 2 stages. Air Slash is annoying with the paralyse support and can put some foes in the KO range for Seed Flare or Earth Power. Earth Power hits Jirachi and Dialga with super-effective damage, but they won't be OHKOed without an sp def drop or some prior damage. Synthesis is very useful with the sunligth provided by Groudon to heal life orb recoil and Stealth Rock damage. Scizor is the biggest problem for Skymin because it doesn't care about paralizys, is 4x resistant to Seed Flare and will 2HKO with Bullet Punch. Also, Skymin can't do anything agaisnt Skarmory or Bronzong. If I can eliminate those threats, Skymin can sweep an entire team.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 200 HP/112 Atk/108 Def/88 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Groudon is here because I need something to absorb Thunder Waves from the opponent's team. The para dancer set has a excellent synergy with this team, spamming Thunder Wave and sweeping in the late game. Also, Groudon is quite useful agaisnt Calm Mind Manaphy coming into Rest and annulling Manaphy's Hydration. With Sword Dance not only have a powerful late game sweeper, but also a good counter for Bulk Up Dialgas with Sleep Talk.

Main problems to this team:

Trick Room teams: For obvious reasons, Trick Room teams don't care about the paralysis spam and easily destroy my team.

Aromatherapy Blissey: Probaly the most irritating thing I have to face with this team. At least this kind of Blissey is very rare in the Uber metagame.

Complete Threat List
Offensive threats:

Kyogre – Dialga is the best counter for most sets, with Roar I can phaze any Calm Mind set.

Groudon – Lugia can take almost every Groudon set. Rock Polish is a bit troublesome, but Shaymin-S can revenge it.

Rayquaza – Lugia takes all sets, OHKOing Rayquaza with Ice Beam (after SR damage). The Dragon Dance set can't OHKO with +1 Outrage. If Rayquaza KO lugia somehow with Outrage, Jirachi can paralyze a Rayquaza locked into Outrage and flinch it to death with Iron Head.

Palkia – Dialga, Lugia and Jirachi can take most Palkia hits and paralyze it. Once paralyzed Dialga will easily kill it.

Dialga – Jirachi can take Draco Meteors from choice sets and paralyze Dialga. Groudon will OHKO most Dialgas.

Mewtwo – Jirachi is the best counter for most sets because it can paralyzed it with body slam without worrying about taunt. Once paralyzed Mewtwo won't be a problem.

Giratina-O – Dialga OHKO most Giratinas-O with Draco Meteor.

Darkrai – After I send something to take Dark Void, Jirachi is the best switch, surving a +2 Dark Pulse and paralyzing it with Thunder Wave. Sets with substitute are troublesome, but Shaymin-S can oustpeed and kill after I break the sub.

Garchomp – Lugia walls it and KO with Ice Beam.

Latias – Jirachi can take Latias attacks and paralyze it. Once paralyzed Latias ins't a problem.

Latios – Same as Latias.

Ho-oh – Lugia can paralyze it with Thunder Wave and Groudon and Kyogre can OHKO with Stone Edge or Surf. With SR Ho-Oh won't be able so switch in much.

Shaymin-S – Dialga and Jirachi are the best counter. After paralyzed won't be a problem.

Scizor – Dialga and Kyogre are my best options. Scizor doesn't care much about paralyzis , and U-Turn is a bit annoying.

Mew – Agaisnt the Baton Pass I send Shaymin-S and attack with Seed Flare, so Mew will pass the Sp Def. Drop. If the receiver is Groudon I always OHKO, if it's Raquaza I wait until it use Outrage and send Jirachi to paralyze. If Mew is passing Nasty Plot I send Jirachi to paralyze the receiver. Jirachi can take hits from most Special Sweepers that receive the Nasty Plot boost except Kyogre. If the receiver is Kyogre I send Dialga.

Deoxys-A – Lugia and Jirachi can take most of his attacks.

Lucario – Groudon can take Extremespeed and OHKO. If I paralyze, Dialga can hit it with Thunder.

Tyranitar – Groudon counter every set

Metagross – Kyogre and Groudon are my best choices agaisnt it.

Kingdra – Lugia can take +2 Waterfall or Outrage and paralyze it. Once paralyzed Kingdra won't be a problem.

Jirachi – Groudon is my best check for it.

Heatran – Kyogre can take every hit fro heatran

Manaphy – Dialga can hit it very hard with Thunder. CM sets can be handled with Groudon coming into rest.

Ludicolo – I haven't face many teams with Ludicolo, but once it's paralyzed it isn't much problematic.

Ninjask – Dialga phaze it away.

Defensive Threats:

Blissey – If it uses Thunder Have Groudon is the best check. If it uses Toxic Jirachi flinch her to death. Aromotherapy Blissey is the most annoying set for me.

Forretress – Kyogre kills with Surf. Groudon can set-up and kill with Earthquake

Lugia – Kyogre and Dialga can do a lot of damage with Thunder.

Giratina – Dialga 2HKO with Draco Meteor.

Skarmory – Kyogre and Dialga with Thunder.

Cresselia – Kyogre and Dialga can hit hard with Surf or Draco Meteor.

Bronzong – Kyogre will 2HKO with Surf.

Deoxys-D – If it doesn't carry Ice Beam is just set-up fodder for Groudon

Registeel – Groudon and Kyogre

That's it. Please rate it.
=)

I played against this team, but I think the version I played had a Darkrai somewhere. Either way, great team.

Pirika

is an Artist Alumnus
Thanks. =)

I used Darkrai as lead before with Trick/Dark Void/Thunder Wave/HP fire. But this set was easily countered by swithing into a choice scarfer.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great team, mate, although I can see a well played Manaphy giving you problems (Not the stupid Tail Glow versions, Calm Mind Manaphy can absolutely dominate you). Your only check at the moment is Lugia (Kyogre and Dialga will be setup on, if you'd believe it), who could Whirlwind him out, but only after taking a truck-load of damage from boosted Surfs. As I've mentioned, Manaphy can setup on unboosted Thunders from Kyogre and Dialga after a Calm Mind, and he just continue to Calm Mind up and Rest off the damage. I do think Groudon would be a better choice than Garchomp, since he can come in on a predicted Rest and Swords Dance up for a sweep. I know you mentioned that Drought would make you more susceptible to Fire attacks, but you can just nullify that with Kyogre if you need to anyway.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 200 HP / 112 Atk / 108 Def / 88 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Thunder Wave
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Paradancing Groudon can paralyse things for you too, which is nice. Since you have Thunder Wave on Groudon now, you can free up Thunder Wave on Lugia for Reflect, allowing you to deal with RP Groudons better. This would allow Skymin to run Life Orb or something like that, since you won't need it to deal with Groudon.

Hope I helped. Good luck!

Hey Pirika, you probably remember playing me a good 15+ times or something. :s lol

I'm not exactly sure why I was successful vs your team, it just didn't have the break through power, even when the majority of my team was paralyzed.
I think the reason is that the team is slightly toxic Groudon weak, since it can handle Groudon pretty well before the SD, along with Rachi and crippling Lugia.

The fact that after battling so many times I pretty much memorized your team doesn't help your case either though, lol.
Nice team, if you got to #15 you were obviously doing something right, and nice RMT too.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I tried the team a bit and found that it had some trouble with Taunt CM Mewtwo because it outspeeds every poke on the team except Skymin and after a CM or two, Skymin struggles to hax it to death, while it can OHKO with Ice Beam.

Pirika

is an Artist Alumnus
I tested the changes Shrang suggest and they worked very well.

-Garchomp was replaced by para dancer Groudon
-Lugia now has Reflect to counter RP Groudon
-Changed Skymin set to the sub seed.

@hugendugen: Jirachi can paralyzed Mewtwo with body slam, so Taunt won't be a problem. Taunt CM Mewtwo never carry a fire attack, so Jirachi won't have problems with this.

@Flamethrowa: Thanks for the comments =)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't have much to say at this point (due to AP exams, mostly), but Shaymin-S needs to be Timid, because it won't outrun Darkrai with Modest.

Looks like a solid team though. I may post a bigger rate after the exam.

It is a very solid team, and it was pretty fun (although annoying lol) to play against (I played you a bunch under caveman sam).

Well on to the rate!

Most of the others already touched on what I would have said, but one suggestion I can make would be replacing synthesis with healing wish. As frail as skymin is (especially without a sub up), it will probably have a hard time finding a free turn to recover, and healing wish can can fully heal one of your sweepers, which will often times be the turning point in the match (I beat you a few times by doing just that with my scarf ogre).

You may also want to try dragon claw over stone edge on groudon; dragon ground has good coverage in ubers and gives you a way to deal with paralyzed rayquaza without having to rely on stone edge hitting. You do miss out on covering lugia, but the rest of your team, specifically dialga and kyogre, should not have any trouble picking off a paralyzed lugia with thunder, especially if you have SR down.

I hope I helped!

-gigg

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You may also want to try dragon claw over stone edge on groudon; dragon ground has good coverage in ubers and gives you a way to deal with paralyzed rayquaza without having to rely on stone edge hitting. You do miss out on covering lugia, but the rest of your team, specifically dialga and kyogre, should not have any trouble picking off a paralyzed lugia with thunder, especially if you have SR down.
Stone Edge allows him to kill Ho-oh, which if Kyogre is gone, can completely dominate his team (Even with Kyogre alive, he can't switch into it without getting 2HKO'd by Brave Bird).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)