The Ubers Open I - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It’s finally time for the most anticipated tournament of the year, the Ubers Open. Good luck to everybody as we begin our journey to find out who can harness the true biblical power of the Leviathan, Kyogre, and the Behemoth, Groudon. Remember: the only things bigger than Uber Pokemon are the penises of Ubers players.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard BW2 Ubers
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Ubers ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown (lol)
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round (lol)
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kinds of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose; simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Raseri vs Novaray
Iceydude168 vs A l e x a n d e r
TrollFreak vs Master Flash
NidokingKing vs UberShinyAbs0l
undisputed vs Meh
ThisMysteriousGuy vs Oligopoly
Twannes vs Mattster
Arc Tech vs JaggerJack
DC. vs iss
blarajan vs Go10
Thatsjustpeachy vs Kiyo
CheezitKing vs DestinyUnknown
B-Lulz vs FelixMinamimoto
Pedrock vs DrMohammadLi
Jirachi vs Blue Eon
[K-12] The Madchine vs Maxou
McMeghan vs askaninjask
MMF vs Light The Thunder
Hangover vs llvallejoll
Kyu4bi vs Ignis
Seco453 vs emirinho
Pocket vs Brotom
Private vs IceCarAdler

Orichalcos Owl vs Pidge
Leftiez vs TheMexican
LonelyNess vs Rockhp31
The Kyle vs Sir
Ginku vs Alice
Foster vs Master of the Six Kings
idiotfrommars vs xThunderBirdx
Hill vs complete legitimacy
Annoyer vs SethZiBritannia
Cristal vs JLance

Round 2 Matchups:

xenu vs Bloo
Alex Walls vs Fiction.
JabbaTheGriffin vs Hawkstar
pokebasket vs Metal Bagon
Maxou vs WhiteQueen
Zephir vs Nelson-X
Pesadilla vs Arc Tech
DC. vs idiotfrommars
CrashinBoomBang vs Django
SethZiBritannia vs CHENN
TheMexican vs ThisMysteriousGuy
MMF vs Texas Cloverleaf
Heist vs pi face
blarajan vs Seco453
Philip7086 vs ballabrown24
A l e x a n d e r vs Hill
Double01 vs Steven Snype
Omicron vs Shining Latios
Sir vs Pocket
Orichalcos Owl vs Ignis
Lavos Spawn vs B-Lulz
NidokingKing vs HSA
Sayonara (Previously Expert Physics) vs fatty
SoulWind vs soviet
Cristal vs Blue Eon
Dark Death vs -Manu-
Myzozoa vs Ciele
undisputed vs FLCL
syrim vs Focus
Ningildo vs Master of the Six Kings
Kiyo vs T-Dogg
Malekith vs DittoCrow
ThatsMyLatios vs Hantsuki
papai noel vs Iconic
Twannes vs ShakeItUp
McMeghan vs rairyan
speriend vs davidness
xtrashine vs Pedrock
TrollFreak vs Ginku
Blim vs TPO3
Private vs Meridian
Zebraiken vs Splendiferous
llvallejoll vs The Immortal
Friar vs mostwanted
Blue_Blur vs Raseri
DarkLoïc vs DestinyUnknown
SilentVerse vs doublenikesocks
Rockhp31 vs Melee Mewtwo

Highlight Matches

Heist vs pi face

After destroying HellPowna, Heist, aka the boy who hides in the shadows, faces up against the 9-ONEder from SPL3, pi face. Heist may not be an Ubers veteran, but his battling prowess is held in wide regard, and whilst similarities to Earthworm can be seen in the young battler, Heist won't be able to shake pi face by reciting his namesake. ~Poppy

Myzozoa vs Ciele

Hyper offense aficionado myzozoa is just at home in Ubers, where you can use a Deoxys and five dragons, and nobody will bat an eye. However, Ciele is now on his path and it is fairly known that his battling skill are as impressive as his cuteness. Will World Cup winner myzozoa's army of Dragons find a way to defeat british wonder Ciele ? ~McMeghan

Deadline for this round is September 5th.

Quick note about activity wins. If your opponent gives you an explicit date and time he can play, or he gives you exact times where he's free, please DO NOT simply respond with "i'm free sometime next week." That will get your opponent the activity win every time. Make an effort to actually schedule a match. A lot of activity wins last round were decided because of this.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
cbb vs dingle

ur both cuties c: I'll post full predicts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)