The Ubers Open V - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played and won two really excellent games against a good player, Gigo.

First match: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-414457673

Got lucky and I won the first one because he Sleep Talked Rest twice in a row. We each played well though and I'm glad I got to use my test team from last week.

Second Match: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-414468300

Very good plays on both sides. Gengar won me the match with lucky rolls. Very close game and totally satisfying to play and win it.

Overall, I'm so happy I could sub in and play in the tournament! I can't wait for more Ubers Open Action :)

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
act/sub post
tho i didn't particularly agree on our scheduled time (i didnt get an alert when opp replied to my vm for some reason), i was both on smogon and stours/ps that whole day including the time when we were supposed to play and havent seen him anywhere

My opponent gave me the win during the first match. I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

Edit: For clarification, he gave me the series win.

NightFox and I scheduled for the evening today, but something came up for him, so he suggested 12 am gmt-4 instead. I haven't seen him online ps and i've been waiting for a little less than an hour. His smogon wall shows he was last online ~4 hours ago. I plan to sleep now instead of waiting longer, so I'm just posting this to have an update on our situation. Hopefully we can play tomorrow but atm i'm a bit unsure on how things will work out.
Requesting extension or activity, not sure whats proper for this situation. I had to be out of the house for most of the day today and whenever I was able to be online on my computer, I couldn't find NightFox. My previous post explains what happens yesterday, and NightFox's wall has more info if you want. If you were to opt for an extension, i'll have great difficulty playing tomorrow as well, and friday would be annoying, but a bit more possible for me (weekend prob works).

lol, despite being online during the first appointed time and being online for 2 hours right now, you still had the nerve to call act twice
http://imgur.com/a/qzbAe
http://imgur.com/a/i1dzf
im still online and waiting btw if you want to get this done without trying to be a sneaky little bitch
i made it very clear that i wouldn't wait for you past 11 a.m, it is not my fault you missed that time. i was out all day after then, only having recently returned now. should fireburn give us an extension i will still play, but if not i dont see how i dont deserve activity after you've missed 2/3 scheduled times.

edit: does making my availability crystal clear translate to me being a 'sneaky little bitch'?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Activity Wins

MikeDecIsHere vs Hikari (Hikari showed no visible signs of activity)
Kebabe vs Advantage (activity claim went unchallenged)
Renny_ vs Steve Angello (given win by opp)
ggggd vs Memoric (activity claim went unchallenged)
BigBoy038 vs passion (given win)
TTFTW vs Cronenberg (given win)
Hammy vs haxiom (activity claim went unchallenged)
Whisudi vs Scythe. (never responded with times and activity claim was not challenged)
Optical Real vs r0ady (given win)
anirav vs Memento Ein (never responded with times, act claim unchallenged)
Kudasai vs Drud (drud hasnt logged in since the 3rd)
TUO vs Flambo (flambo failed to provide any sort of specific time)
nvakna vs FullLifeGames (given win)
Sapientia vs prooo (given win)
nightcore vs Sopheon (never responded to contact)
Slival vs The Trap God (never responded to contact)
megaqwer:D vs Ranger Hunon (activity claim was not challenged)
Bughouse vs bigmidass (activity claim not challenged)
failsohard vs Ha-Neul (act claim not challenged)
Sandman VILIX vs Rodriblutar (never got a time worked out and act claim not challenged)
denger vs Mix (no response from opp)
Brian12345 vs Solgaleo ("ok" is not a time)
wisc vs orch (opp never replied)
Parahaxeus vs braveswin11 (opp hasnt logged in since july)
Improbable vs praj.pran (did not work out a time, claim was not challenged)
absdaddy vs rob. (claim not challenged, opp did not show for time)
Nova vs We Three Kings (no visible contact, claim was not challenged)
groudon518 vs Execute (opp gave win after g1)
.CarloO~ vs Holiano (given win)
Karppi vs Ren-chon (opp missed time, no further scheduling attempts)
arnyyr vs Shayminaire (opp appears to have missed time and hasnt logged in since sunday)
Mr.378 vs Kushalos (opp did not respond to contact)
Golden Electivire vs AnimeroDaniel (opp never gave a specific time)
Blue YM vs H-C (no contact outside of initial VM)
shartruce vs Vegalius (opp said he would give win if no battle happened, no battle happened)
Lepros vs JabbaTheGriffin (opp waited a week to respond to jabba's proposed time with a vague response, no further attempts)
LzrGunPewPew vs Crestfall (crest proposed specific times and got no response)
flowsociety vs fran17 (opp took a long time to respond and never followed up)
obii vs mayoouran2 (opp took too long to respond)
Adaam vs badabing (no response from opp)
Scotti vs Lord Booty Milk (given win)
HaxED vs qwily (given win)
Julezzz vs Melle2402 (opp never responded)
vakatalesau vs Capt. KnightWalker (opp missed time)
Sobi vs Zamrock (sobi appears to have quit and deleted all VMs and Zamrock has been active on PS!)
Afro Smash vs MiyoKa (no evidence of contact, but Afro Smash hasn't logged in since Aug 3)
Haruno vs Xboy (opp never gave time)
Ihpdc vs Carmina Burana (opp never responded)

Coinflips

MetalGro$$ vs Mr. Mendes (no evidence of contact outside of initial vming and no game)
WhiteQueen vs Real FV13 (unclear if anyone missed the time and no further contact so I dont have another choice)
osgoode vs kek123 (no evidence of contact on either side)
SOMALIA vs Impact (no visible attempts to schedule)
The50mph vs Calloflochie (time appears to be scheduled but no evidence of games and no further ontact)
TSR vs Quite Quiet (no evidence match was completed)
-Tsunami- vs Freeroamer (very little attempt at scheduling)

Extensions

Exiline vs Meru (requested)
Hec vs toshimelonhead (requested)
Robert Alfons vs Chez Minuit (requested)
FlamingVictini vs NightFox (requested)
Scalar vs Hassin627 (activity claim is contradicted by vm/screenshot evidence, but both parties appear to be trying to get it done so I'll go ahead and grant an extension)
Gotham Paladin vs Josh (recent evidence of trying to reschedule so i'll give benefit of the doubt) they played and josh won

Other

BKC vs SparksBlade - Sparksblade is quitting mons for awhile (including Open) and wanted to give the win to BKC, since this is Round 1 I'll allow it this one time (it will count as an activity win for scorekeeping purposes)

Round 2 will be up shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)