1. The moderators of this forum are Jirachee, idiotfrommars, M Dragon, Malekith, Mazinger, and Quite Quiet.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

The Ubers Open VI - Round 6

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by Fireburn, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Ubers Co-Leader

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Ubers Open VI, where the bird is the word.
    Tournament Rules:
    • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
    • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
    • Standard SM Ubers
    • Best of three, single elimination.
    • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! preferably. Smogtours server is strongly recommended for generally less lag and autosaving of replays.
    • Please post your replays along with your win/loss post.
    • SM cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
    • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
    General Rules (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

By signing up for this tournament, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the general rules.

Battle Clauses:
    • Evasion Clause
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Swagger Clause
    • Moody Clause
    • Baton Pass Clause
    • Endless Battle Clause
    • SleepTrap Clause
    • Rayquaza is not allowed to Mega Evolve
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview

Helpful scheduling tips (shamelessly stolen from Teal6)
    • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
    • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
    • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
    • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
    Pairings were done using a randomizer script. I am not participating so I did not make it public.

Round 6

dodmen vs Void
    Blackoblivion vs WINNER OF (Ciele vs ZoroDark)
    Ed vs Omfuga
    PokeTCG gamer1288 vs Catalystic
    Starmei vs WINNER OF (HunterStorm vs KyogreF4N)
    WINNER OF (Wally The Bully vs Thimo) vs SoulWind
    double switches vs Holy Ghost
    WINNER OF (Leru vs Exiline) vs teal6
    Superior91 vs Wamr
    hyw
    vs expurement
    Mazar vs ahhh
    WINNER OF (Nintendi vs SlurpuffLoverKiwi) vs Jarii

Extension Deadline is September 9th, 11:59 PM EST
    Round Deadline is September 14th, 11:59 PM EST

Good luck to all!

Contact me immediately if I made a mistake in the pairings or you need a rules clarification.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Holy Ghost, Exiline and SparksBlade like this.
  2. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Ubers Co-Leader

Reminder to all extended games that they will be called on Saturday night, so get them done please.
  3. Omfuga

Omfuga

dodmen vs Void- Dodmen is good :D!
    Blackoblivion vs WINNER OF (Ciele vs ZoroDark)- Please don't lose to ciele he's just gonna use stall at least 2/3 games
    PokeTCG gamer1288 vs Catalystic- ????
    Starmei vs WINNER OF (HunterStorm vs KyogreF4N)
    WINNER OF (Wally The Bully vs Thimo) vs SoulWind- best boy
    double switches vs Holy Ghost- ???
    WINNER OF (Leru vs Exiline) vs teal6
    Superior91 vs Wamr- ???
    hyw vs expurement
    Mazar vs ahhh
    WINNER OF (Nintendi vs SlurpuffLoverKiwi) vs Jarii

Bunch of boring MUs this time around. Go teal!
    Slurmz, chop, Ajna and 5 others like this.
  4. Thimo

Thimo

calling activity, my opp wasn't on ps at the scheduled time, and didnt reply my vm for a good 50 minutes. Can't play for the rest of the weekend due to a family trip, which also was the reason I had to make my scheduled time a bit earlier, which he agreed on at the time.
    images (open)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Wally The Bully and hexed like this.
  5. Wamr

Wamr

Won 2-0 vs Superior91 ,ggs
    Lycans likes this.
  6. Nintendi

Nintendi nintendinho n_n
    is a defending SPL Champion

won for r5, ggs
    Omfuga and Klefkwi like this.
  7. SlurpuffLoverKiwi

SlurpuffLoverKiwi

lost, ggs
    I was going off the colour of the moves too much but was great to get this far nonetheless.
  8. Exiline

Exiline objectif lune
    is a Tiering Contributor

won in 2 for R5, ggs
  9. Catalystic

Catalystic

Asking for extension, although Opp hasn't responded
  10. Omfuga

Omfuga

won ggs
    Lycans, dingbat, dodmen and 27 others like this.
  11. PokeTCG gamer1288

PokeTCG gamer1288

Me and my opponent are scheduled for next saturday, he needed an extension
  12. ZoroDark

ZoroDark esse quam videri
    is a Tiering Contributor

ciele gave me the win so ill play bo one of these days
  13. KyogreF4N

KyogreF4N

14. Mazar

Mazar

My opponent was not able to play on the weekend and due to timezone its hard mid-week therefore I'm asking for an extension. Fireburn

We play at Friday 2am GMT+2
    Blawado likes this.
  15. teal6

teal6 if i see u and i dont speak that means i dont fuck w u
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

May we have an extension FB. Our timezones don't match and he can only play whilst I'm at work
    Exiline likes this.
  16. dodmen

dodmen Ain't no tuition for havin' no ambition
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Global Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

won in 3 good games
    Level 56, p2, Pak and 5 others like this.
  17. Nintendi

Nintendi nintendinho n_n

Asking for extension, we are playing friday
  18. Thimo

Thimo

won in 2
    Samqian, Melle2402, Natalie. and 8 others like this.
  19. double switches

double switches

won in 2, gg
    Miven^ and Mazar like this.
  20. Mazar

Mazar

won in 2 ggs
    Samqian, didi, Melle2402 and 6 others like this.
  21. ahhh

ahhh

nice win of mazar, but got couple mistakes of my team's copy.
  22. expurement

expurement

lost 1-2 to hyw,nice played man.Despite the loss, the games made me learn quite something. GL next round
    hexed likes this.
  23. The Trap God

The Trap God

posting for hyw and confirming he won. 4 of top 12 are stag so i guess Omfuga was right about stag being broken!
  24. teal6

teal6 if i see u and i dont speak that means i dont fuck w u
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

2 VoD are still in, consider this a clan war from here on out Omfuga -Tsunami-
  25. Omfuga

Omfuga

hexed, Ajna, Jqded and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)