XY Ubers The Ultimate art..!!!

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
The Ultimate Art...!!!

Hm, many people have asked me to make a RMT of this team, but I was not going to make it until the release of gen 7 or something like that LOL, but today I'm going to show a team builded for four or five months. I have decided to retire it because one of the member of this team is going to get banned soon (Mega-Gengar), so I guess there is no point of hiding it now.

Hello! Level 56 here with my first Rmt! This team was created after user Hack he must made the pokemon "scolipede" viable in ubers, of course it was hack who made this team with scolipede and peaked on the ubers ladder, but it wasn't perfect enough. 1 month later my friend Arsenal created a new version of that team which I will show you now, with this team I have achieved the highest GXE on the pokemon showdown ubers ladder ever and have peaked 20 times (17 times on PS and 3 times on PO).

2014-07-26--03_27_34.jpg

Now let the show begin!

Scolipede

scolipede.gif

Nirvana (Scolipede) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- pin missile
- toxic spikes
- endeavor
- spikes

Shoutout to master HACK! Oh hack, I just can't thank you in any way, you made this thing viable In ubers by making this brilliant set 4 months ago and from that day I have enjoyed every single moment using this, I have fallen in love with this pokemon, it has given me so much success.

● toxic spikes: special type of spikes which poisons the pokemon that comes in.

● pin missile: its most useful stab move that deals with strong leads like mewtwo, deoxys-a-s etc

● spikes: these spikes damages the pokemon which comes in.

●endeavor: this move works beautifully thanks to speed boost.

Why is this pokemon?

This pokemon is one of the best leads in the XY ubers tier, the best thing about this pokemon is its ability "speed boost" it can deal with nearly every type of lead after getting a +1 speed boost, basically the main objective of scolipede is to spread the deadly toxic spikes and spikes under your opponent's feet, these toxic spikes helps you throughout the battle because nothing can set up easily after coming in. Pin missile is the perfect stab move for scolipede, it totally destroys most of the leads such as deoxys, mewtwo etc. Spikes, you guys know what these are for. Endeavor is a great move for hitting scarfers such as kyogre, dialga, palkia and yveltal leads because pin missile doesn't put a scratch on them.

Item, Evs and Nature:

Focus sash is the best item for scolipede, thanks to this item it can deal with nearly every kind of threat, it can set toxic spikes on the 1st turn and after getting a speed boost it outspeeds everything and can follow up with an endeavor. I chose jolly nature because of two things, if the scolipede is jolly it outspeeds deoxys-s after getting a speed boost. Secondly because of gengar, if you're scolipede is not jolly, gengar outspeeds scoli, it can easily mage evolve and can taunt scoli making it completely useless as gengar resists pin missile and endeavor is immune.

Other options:

Earthquake > endeavor. Earthquake is an option to consider as it hits mega gengar for 90% but gengarite is possibly going to get banned so I guess no real need to use earthquake on scolipede.

Most important point:

Scolipede is completely useless vs giratina-origin (with defog), as its moves are resisted by gira, so If you ever see a gira In your opp's team don't send scoli as a lead.

Groudon
groudon.gif

Vagura (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Fire Punch

● Stealth rock: every competitive team needs this.

● Roar: once there are tspikes and spikes on the opponent's field, this move makes your opponent forfeit very quickly. Also this move is great against mons who tries to set up.

● Earthquake: its best STAB move.

● Fire punch: for nasty things like scizor and ferrothorn.

Why is this pokemon:

Groudon is my favourite stealth rock user thanks to its high physical defense it can easily set up SR against any physical attaker. It checks nearly all of the biggest threats of the tier such as Ekiller, rayquaza, Mewtwo X and ZEKROM. One big reason why I decided to use groudon on this team instead of hippo, lando, gliscor etc, is because it checks extreme killer arceus wonderfully, (hippo can also do that but it stops the momentum of an offense team). Eartquake as usual don's only decent stab move which hits things like dialga, palkia etc. Roar is a perfect move for groudon specially when you have layer of spikes/tspikes at your oppenent's side. Lastly I use fire punch instead of stone edge because mega scizor is an annoying mon for groudon, it can deal with defensive don easily (with roost) and also scizor with defog is even more annoying, its also useful vs grassceus as it is another mon which can easily come in vs groudon and can use defog quite comfortably.

Item, Evs and nature:

Leftovers is probably the most used item on groudon as groudon doesn't get any recovery move and needs every single hp to deal with ekiller.

Other options:

Thunder wave > fire punch: this move works perfect on physically defensive groudon, since it can be burned easily by support arceus, twave works very well to paralyse support arc and then trap them by gengar later. It also works against special attacking mons which try to come in vs groudon like yveltal, xerneas, kyogre making them pretty much useless through out the whole match.

Kyogre

kyogre.gif

Song Of Storms (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

● Water spout: STAB STAB, ohko's everything which does not resist
it.

● Ice beam: for zekrom, grassceus etc.

● Surf: another strong STAB move which hits hard.

● thunder: for palkia, waterceus, kyogre etc.

Why is this pokemon:

Kyogre is ofc the queen of scarf pokemons, it has unbelieveably strong moves such as WATER SPOUT, oh god! this move hits like a truck specially when there are tspikes below your opponent's team, it even 2ohko's grassceus and waterceus if they try to switch in vs kyogre when tpsikes are up. Only palkia can hardly come in when tspikes are up otherwise one mon has to sacrifice itself when kyogre comes in at full health. Next up is surf, another decent STAB move which ohko's threats like mewtwo, mgengar, darkrai etc. Ice beam, well you use this move very rarely and you guys know when to use it. The last move is THUNDER! this is truly a gift for kyogre, because this move doesn't miss in rain and you guys should know how drizzle works. Kyogre is the best scarfer on scoli teams as it pressure's most of the mons to switch hence why I use it in 80% of my scoli teams.

Item, Evs and Nature:

Choice scarf on kyogre, just explained why. Standard evs 252 sp atk and 252 speed with modest nature. Modest is good because as a scarfer you need power instead of speed (timid).

XERNEAS

xerneas.gif

Alexandria (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Why is this pokemon:

This pokemon here is my switch-in to the deadly ygod. Kyogre can also somewhat check ygod but you always need kyogre at fresh health. Scarf xerneas works like heaven specially when your up against offense teams. When this team was built I was using geomancy xerneas because I was already using one scarfer, but then I realized that kyogre can't do the job alone, so I decided to use scarf xerneas. This babe totally owns everything except some of the steel types along with poisonceus, but outside of that moonlast hits like hell. Moonblast 2hko's everything which doesnt resist it when tspikes are up. Rock slide is for Ho-oh which owns scarf xerneas if xerneas doesn't have rock slide. Hidden power fire works fine along with groudon's drought, hits stuff like mega scizor, aegislash and ferrothorn. And lastly aromatherapy, tbh I rarely use this move in a pokemon battle, only when my gengar gets paralysed or my arceus gets burned (only like in 10% of my battles).

Item, Evs, Hp:

Item is scarf for xerneas. I run enough evs on xerneas to outspeed scarfers like zekrom, kyogre etc, 252 sp atk and use the remaining 32 evs on defense. There is a big reason behind these 32 evs on defense, scarf genesect is a nightmare for this team and when it comes in against most of my mons it raises its attack thanks to its ability download and does a lot of damage to my mons, this is why I'm running these evs on defense so that when gene comes in it raise its sp atk. In this way genesect's stab move iron head isn't that much threatening.

Other options:

I haven't replaced aroma with something else yet but there are multiple choices

Thunder: thunder can be used intead of aroma which I did try in another version of this team and it did well, like it can hit kyogre, lugia etc as rock slide don't do shit to lugia, in case of kyogre moonblast does like 50% but thunder is much better if you are facing kyogre 1v1.

Megahorn: only hits mewtwo so its up to you really whether to use it or not.

Gengar-mega
gengar-mega.gif

Screaming soul (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

I know this beast is about to get banned soon and whenever that happens I'm going to cry, you made this tier so enjoyable for me I will never forget you "gengar".

● Sludge wave: strong STAB move for ohko'ing fairy types.

● Shadow ball: another strong STAB move, hits ghost type and steel type mons.

● Taunt: this move sends stall to hell!

● Destiny bond: the most useful move which can waste a mon if played correctly.

Why is this pokemon:

Because of this dude people are starting to quit XY ubers, this mon can do those kind of things which no other pokemon can. Mega gengar is basically used in this team as a stall breaker, for example trapping support arceus, chansey, gastordoon, killing one of your opponent's key pokemon etc, this pokemon not only breaks stall but also is guranteed to kill at least two mons In an offense team due to its strong sp atk, super speed and strong STAB moves. First move is the deadly "sludge wave", this move hits everything like hell which does not resist it, specially those annoying fairy type mons. Next up is shadow ball which is the perfect move with sludge wave, shadow ball hits stuff like aegislash and poisonceus with a nice secondary effect. "Taunt" well you guys know what this move do so no need to explain. And lastly destiny bond, with this move gengar can be considered as an (adamant) ekiller check and can waste any mon you'd like to waste if the 50/50's are played correctly. The only big problem for gengar is pursuit users, besides that its a complete beast.

Other options:

Focus blast > Shadow ball: this move is a good one, it ohko's gengar's biggest enemy "tyranitar", along with this focus blast also hits darkceus and dialga which can switch in comfortably vs gengar.

Hidden power fire > shadow ball: this move is used for one big threat, mega scizor which can kill mega gengar easily by pursuit if you try to switch, in this case you use hidden power fire.

Icy wind is also another move being used on gengar these days Instead of shadow ball, I don't really like it since it's only used for lando-t which can't do much to this team anyway.

Arceus

arceus.gif

End of the line (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

● Swords dance: this move boosts the user's attack to +2.

● Extreme speed: STAB move, goes first, hits hard, what else do you need.

● Earthquake: for hitting steel and rock types whic resist extreme speed.

● Shadow claw: for ghost types because normal moves are immune on them.

Why is this pokemon:

Arceus-normal, one of the biggest threats in the pokemon world, the great late game sweeper thanks to its deadly STAB move "extreme speed" is the last member of this team This pokemon is basically used as a geomancy xerneas check (if it sets up) on this team, as there are no real counters for geo xerneas in this team but with the power of tspikes/spikes + extreme speed, xerneas has never been able to sweep this team. Swords dance is the perfect move for life orb arceus, once it sets up its very difficult to stop it from sweeping. Next up is the deadly STAB move as I mentioned before "extreme speed" this move is a beauty ohko's every offensive pokemon if there is no high defense investment, and the best thing about this move is "it goes first". Earthquake is used for hitting steel and rock types and lastly shadow claw for ghost type mons.

Item, Evs and Nature:

Item is life orb for arceus, there are also many other choice for arceus such as silk scarf for hitting extreme speed hard, preventing recoil damage. Lum berry is another choice which cures the status problem but without life orb/silk scarf arceus is weak, hence why I always use life orb arceus. Standard evs 252 atk and 252 spd with jolly nature. Adamant nature also works but just to kill those gengars jolly is being used these days.

Other options:

Fire blast > earthquake: fire blast is a nice move for life orb arceus as sometimes ferro or sczior comes in the way and prevent ekiller from sweeping as earthquake doesn't ohko, in this case fire blast can be used.

IMPORTABLE:
Nirvana (Scolipede) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

End Of The Line (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Vagura (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Fire Punch

Screaming soul (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Song Of Storms (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Alexandria (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]

And thats it, I hope you enjoy reading it, I'm tired as hell now after writing this all on phone LOL. Rates are welcome. The team is complete fun to use because it doesn't lose. If you've seen some bigs spelling or grammar mistakes, PM me please!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nice team that I will rate tomorrow because I'm busy atm and need this suspect stuff to clear up a bit. Bad timing imo

EDIT: A real rate now

Hey Level 56,

This team is definitely very good. I've played it, and lost pretty bad to it on the ladder, granted I was using an insanely Kyogre weak team but whatever, I get a sense of how this team works. It's a very solid team, as its ladder history has shown, and I will not be pointing out too much, seeing as it's already a very good team. The thing with this team is that, it doesn't appreciate a lot of things picking up momentum and setting up, as the team doesn't have that many stops to stuff like GeoXern, and instead aims to prevent setup. This can lead to awkward situations, like Ho-Oh getting free switches on to Xerneas, and you can't afford to use rock slide since you give opposing Xerneas potential room to Geomancy. Tbh, I'm not sure I'm that big of a fan of double scarfers, I mean it can work, I'm just not sure if it is as effective at keeping momentum, since after a revenge, it can become setup bait. As for threats, there aren't too many assuming that you keep momentum, but I can see a well-played Darkrai being annoying, since you have no sleep fodder. On the contrary, Scolipede works nicely against lead Darkrai though, so you only have to worry a bit later, at which point you most likely have taken control of the game. Nevermind. No protect. I feel like the Ho-Oh+setup mon is the most threatening to this team, as it forces you to give Ho-Oh free switches when Xerneas is out, and Groudon fears Sacred Fire while Kyogre fears Brave Bird.

So, I think there are a few minor changes I can think of here. One is changing Gengar's EV spread to 180 SAtk / 76 SDef / 252+ Spd. Gengar is more of a utility mon, so the SAtk drop doesn't hurt it too bad, and the 76 SDef EVs makes sure it can survive a +2 Moonblast with rocks off. This at least can give you a safety net if you screw up against an early game Xerneas that threatens to sweep. The second change I have is Protect over one of the entry hazards on Scolipede. This gives you a better chance against Darkrai and other faster leads, however you do sacrifice a lot of matchup based kind of choice between which one you would prefer. Alternately (or additionally) you could run Sleep Talk > Aromatherapy on Xerneas, I mean idk how much Aroma is used but if not that much, sleep talk is a solid option. Or I guess you could use it over Ice Beam on Kyogre also, which is effective too. Thirdly, this is a big change, but you could try mixed LO Xerneas > current, which would be interesting since it means you don't lose momentum in rock sliding Ho-Oh. I'm not sure how I weigh this though- I mean, I don't know what changes it would bring to the team dynamics and such, so it's up to you. Actually now that I think about it, Thunder > Rock Slide on ScarfXerneas is an option, since it hits Ho-Oh just as hard if not harder and deters GeoXern with a potential paralysis. Lots to think about.

OPTIMIZATION:

So everything's pretty optimized, in general I am using this as a blanket statement to say that you should make sure to hit odd HP numbers if you can on most of these mons.

Arceus- 4 Def > 4 SDef to give Gene the SAtk boost

Good luck!

Last edited:

Level 56

Faded memories
Thanks for the rate.

Tbh I'm very glad that you pointed out my team weaknesses so quickly, my team has a difficult history vs (ho-oh + gira + ferro + fairyceus), as I always have to take a out a key mon out by gengar to get my scarfers/ekiller going. Actually I'm gonna try life orb xerneas (making a new version of this team) to see If it can do the job. Becasue scarf xerneas totally rules on a scoli team, by outspeeding common scarfers, but yeah it's always a pain in the ass when I face a core consisting of ho-oh + something, so to end this problem i'm definately going to use LO xerneas.

As far as darkrai is concerned, I have never leaded with scolipede vs a darkrai team, always send out kyogre or xerneas according to my opponent's team. I think I won't be using protect on scolipede as it needs all its 4 moves, but the sleep talk idea on xerneas is definately good, gonna try it.

Hm, geomancy xerneas, with tspikes below it its very hard for it to sweep (specially when my arceus is alive), but if there are no tspikes below then there is a little bit chance that it might sweep, for this scenario, I'll use those new gengar evs to see if it works.

Overall, your suggestions are decent, gonna try most of these.

OPTIMIZATION:
Arceus- 4 Def > 4 SDef to give Gene the SAtk boost

???

Anyway hi Level 56, this team is a quite nice variant of my original team, it does optimize very well for ladder play with dual scarfs and impish Groudon. I feel I wouldn't use this in tour play however, any bulky team with defogceus+pursuit will prevent your only win condition vs stall and without hazards you can't really break Ho-oh, Lugia etc. As this team is intended for ladder, however, I can't see many flaws in it after using it. It's really weird that the ladder is an entirely different metagame from tour play and I can soon actually understand why people don't want Gengarite/Shadow Tag ban cause those strats are for some reason REALLY rare on ladder. Anyway if you wanna use in your play you can probably opt to use Specs Kyogre, although it leaves you very weak to other Kyogre. My team had Scolipede/specsOgre/Gengar/Ekiller/sdef lum Groudon/scarf Zekrom or Xerneas which is much weaker to offensive teams with Ekiller/Zekrom admittedly, but it has a better match up vs stall. I guess it's really up to you but for laddering you don't really have to change anything.

Hey Level 56, Nice team, nice that you pulled a well built Mega Gengar Offense team. Overall there's not many changes to make so I'll just get right into it. I personally think you should use Stone Edge on Groudon and Hidden Power Fire over Destiny Bond on Mega Gengar. While you said you wanted to lure Ferrothorn and Scizor with Groudon, I think Mega Gengar does the job 10 times better since it doesn't let them switch out thanks to its ability Shadow Tag. As for Xerneas, I really like your current (I've used it a lot myself) however, I think you could use a better EV spread like this one: EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spd, with a Timid nature, although you are running Timid already, the speed allows you to outspeed Timid base 95 Speed Pokemon like Rayquaza and Kyurem while you still give Genesect the Sp.Atk boost with the 32 Def EVs.

Nice team, good luck! :]

Level 56

Faded memories
???

Anyway hi Level 56, this team is a quite nice variant of my original team, it does optimize very well for ladder play with dual scarfs and impish Groudon. I feel I wouldn't use this in tour play however, any bulky team with defogceus+pursuit will prevent your only win condition vs stall and without hazards you can't really break Ho-oh, Lugia etc. As this team is intended for ladder, however, I can't see many flaws in it after using it. It's really weird that the ladder is an entirely different metagame from tour play and I can soon actually understand why people don't want Gengarite/Shadow Tag ban cause those strats are for some reason REALLY rare on ladder. Anyway if you wanna use in your play you can probably opt to use Specs Kyogre, although it leaves you very weak to other Kyogre. My team had Scolipede/specsOgre/Gengar/Ekiller/sdef lum Groudon/scarf Zekrom or Xerneas which is much weaker to offensive teams with Ekiller/Zekrom admittedly, but it has a better match up vs stall. I guess it's really up to you but for laddering you don't really have to change anything.
Yeah I totally agree with you that ladder is completely different from tour matches, hence why I rarely use this team in tour matches. As I mentioned before this team has a difficult history vs stall (gira + ferro + ho-oh + support arc) specially against this core. But I have used this team before in weekend tours and what I have noticed scarf kyogre usually fails vs stall as you said, for this problem I'll probably change scarf kyogre to specs. As far as the kyogre weakness concerned after this change to specs kyogre, with tspikes + kyogre + groudon I'm sure this team will be able to handle kyogre without much problems.

Thanks for the rate and suggestions!

Hey Level 56, Nice team, nice that you pulled a well built Mega Gengar Offense team. Overall there's not many changes to make so I'll just get right into it. I personally think you should use Stone Edge on Groudon and Hidden Power Fire over Destiny Bond on Mega Gengar. While you said you wanted to lure Ferrothorn and Scizor with Groudon, I think Mega Gengar does the job 10 times better since it doesn't let them switch out thanks to its ability Shadow Tag. As for Xerneas, I really like your current (I've used it a lot myself) however, I think you could use a better EV spread like this one: EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spd, with a Timid nature, although you are running Timid already, the speed allows you to outspeed Timid base 95 Speed Pokemon like Rayquaza and Kyurem while you still give Genesect the Sp.Atk boost with the 32 Def EVs.

Nice team, good luck! :]
Your suggestions are pretty good and I myself was thinking for sometime now of changing gengar's shadow ball to either focus blast or hp fire as shadow ball hasn't given me much success in tour matches as I usually face balanced + stall teams with scizor mostly present in it. Will change shadow ball to hp fire (for tours), as far as stone egde on groudon is concerned, I'm really not a big fan of rock moves on groudon as stone edge only hits ho-oh, groudon is already slower than nearly every ho-oh I face and sacred fire in sun 2hko's groudon along with 50 chance of burn. This is probably the reason why I always use twave on groudon In tour matches. I'll change those def evs on xerneas in a sec.

Thanks for the rate and suggestions!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This team made my ladder experience for reqs cancer... I think I faced it somewhere around 12 times in ~80 battles, in which I went something 3-9 iirc. Screw Scolipede.

10/10 team tho.

I had the misfortune of facing this team quite a few time while laddering for reqs and really loved facing it. It's a really solid team and Scolipede does major work as lead. 10/10 would steal.
Can't think of any improvements to this beauty except that it has some problems with Ghostceus/Ghost type leads and stall in general.
A suggestion: Have you tried bulky specs Kyogre on this team instead of scarf? It's sheer power is terrifying and easily breaks down walls that may trouble you.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello I have been using this team for a while now and I noticed 3 major issues:

1. Sticky Web
You literally can't do anything to prevent Shuckle from laying down SW with Mental Herb. If it does that, then everything is fucked and mega gengar can't revenge kill stuff or trap things anymore especially since you have no way of getting rid of hazards (though i get why you don't, this team depends on hazards stacking anyway so defog is out of the question)

2. Mega Kangaskhan
I don't know why, but I've been having a lot of issues with mega kangaskhan. Groudon can somewhat deal with it but it can't do so forever, repetitive returns eventually wear groudon down. It can be played around with using Dbond but that can go bothways.

3. Geomancy Xern
The team has no way whatsoever of dealing with Geomancy Xern. Mega Gengar is OHKO'd by modest +2 xern with SR/a spike and everything else is also OHKO'd. Ekiller doesn't do enough with espeed and you have to depend on a +2 ekiller to OHKO (and it can only do so with spikes/sr assuming 4/0 xern)

I've gotta admit i'm not that experienced with ubers (literally just started playing it) but i'm near reqs with this team (i hope you dont mind lol) and I've noticed those 3 issues. The biggest is Sticky Web because the other 2 can be played around with a +2 ekiller. I don't know how to fix them or if you still interested enough in the team to want to fix them. Some minor issues I noticed were Giratina (you already mentioned this however) and to an extent ferrothorn, who can wall 5/6 of the team lol and obv it can avoid HP Fire from Xern and Fire Punch from Groudon since they're not exactly surprising.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

1. Sticky Web
You literally can't do anything to prevent Shuckle from laying down SW with Mental Herb. If it does that, then everything is fucked and mega gengar can't revenge kill stuff or trap things anymore especially since you have no way of getting rid of hazards (though i get why you don't, this team depends on hazards stacking anyway so defog is out of the question)

2. Mega Kangaskhan
I don't know why, but I've been having a lot of issues with mega kangaskhan. Groudon can somewhat deal with it but it can't do so forever, repetitive returns eventually wear groudon down. It can be played around with using Dbond but that can go bothways.

3. Geomancy Xern
The team has no way whatsoever of dealing with Geomancy Xern. Mega Gengar is OHKO'd by modest +2 xern with SR/a spike and everything else is also OHKO'd. Ekiller doesn't do enough with espeed and you have to depend on a +2 ekiller to OHKO (and it can only do so with spikes/sr assuming 4/0 xern)

I've gotta admit i'm not that experienced with ubers (literally just started playing it) but i'm near reqs with this team (i hope you dont mind lol) and I've noticed those 3 issues. The biggest is Sticky Web because the other 2 can be played around with a +2 ekiller. I don't know how to fix them or if you still interested enough in the team to want to fix them. Some minor issues I noticed were Giratina (you already mentioned this however) and to an extent ferrothorn, who can wall 5/6 of the team lol and obv it can avoid HP Fire from Xern and Fire Punch from Groudon since they're not exactly surprising.
While these can be issues, I would like to point something out about GeoXern. First of all, notice the pokemon it sets up on. ScarfXern, and Kyogre not locked on Water Spout, except the latter is certainly not ideal since you either risk status or take huge amounts of damage from Surf. Ekiller revenges it fairly easily as well- when you take into account that both Xerneas and Kyogre are going to hit it hard, as long as Xerneas is on Moonblast (which I addressed in my rate), and that poison+hazards is going to add up quickly, it is reasonably easy to revenge GeoXern.

That being said, I do agree with some stuff, and there are scenarios in which GeoXern is a threat, I'm not denying it but you make it out to be a greater threat than it looks to be on paper.

Level 56

Faded memories

1. Sticky Web

2. Mega Kangaskhan

3. Geomancy Xern

The biggest secret about this team is if you dont know how to use this team, you'll never succedd, you have to get used to it.

I agree that my team is weak to sticky web but its not that weak that it will lose every time to it. Nothing can stop shuckle from setting up sticky web actually, the time shuckle sets sticky web, scolipede meanwhile sets tspikes and spikes, I know sticky web makes scarf useless pokemon (and I have 2 scarfers) but it does not mean they just come In and die, they still do a fine job. As far as gengar is concerned, its better not to mega evolve it because otherwise it also gets caught in sticky web, gengar actually do uts job fine enough because most mons on web teams are running more power instead of more speed such as arceus jolly, specs kyogre, in this way gengar does its job fine. And same can be said for arceus. I know that this team is sticky web weak a little bit, tbh every team has a weakness but I still have won 70% matches vs web teams.

I don't understand how you say this team is mega kang weak lol, once scoli sets up tspikes, all you have to do is just bring don in then use earthquake first as return is a 3hko, then use stealth rock and then just let groudon die. Send scarf xern in as kanga is on 55% health and kill it with moonblast, even if he tries to switch, with the power of tspikes and sr, the next mon who's gonna come in, is going to get hit like hell. You are facing problems with kang because you are not used to this team, when you'll know how this team fuctions exactly you'll rarely face any problems with kang.

As you said in your post that I have no checks for geo xerneas, did you read what I said in my rmt, how I deal with geo xerneas becase otherwise you wouldn't have asked this. Also try watching my replays, you'll see many fights where I handle geo xerneas without any problems.

Watch replays of these alts (these are some of the alts with which I used to ladder in the past) you'll see how I was able to overcome these threats.

1: madara uchiha sage
2: wildblood
3: soulbreaker7482
4: king level 56
5: wallace mega

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The biggest secret about this team is if you dont know how to use this team, you'll never succedd, you have to get used to it.

I agree that my team is weak to sticky web but its not that weak that it will lose every time to it. Nothing can stop shuckle from setting up sticky web actually, the time shuckle sets sticky web, scolipede meanwhile sets tspikes and spikes, I know sticky web makes scarf useless pokemon (and I have 2 scarfers) but it does not mean they just come In and die, they still do a fine job. As far as gengar is concerned, its better not to mega evolve it because otherwise it also gets caught in sticky web, gengar actually do uts job fine enough because most mons on web teams are running more power instead of more speed such as arceus jolly, specs kyogre, in this way gengar does its job fine. And same can be said for arceus. I know that this team is sticky web weak a little bit, tbh every team has a weakness but I still have won 70% matches vs web teams.

I don't understand how you say this team is mega kang weak lol, once scoli sets up tspikes, all you have to do is just bring don in then use earthquake first as return is a 3hko, then use stealth rock and then just let groudon die. Send scarf xern in as kanga is on 55% health and kill it with moonblast, even if he tries to switch, with the power of tspikes and sr, the next mon who's gonna come in, is going to get hit like hell. You are facing problems with kang because you are not used to this team, when you'll know how this team fuctions exactly you'll rarely face any problems with kang.

As you said in your post that I have no checks for geo xerneas, did you read what I said in my rmt, how I deal with geo xerneas becase otherwise you wouldn't have asked this. Also try watching my replays, you'll see many fights where I handle geo xerneas without any problems.

Watch replays of these alts (these are some of the alts with which I used to ladder in the past) you'll see how I was able to overcome these threats.

1: madara uchiha sage
2: wildblood
3: soulbreaker7482
4: king level 56
5: wallace mega
I know you're not helpless against sticky web, I believe I went against 2 and only lost against 1, but in both games I felt immensely pressured.

Also idk why but literally all the kangas I've went against (like 3 or 4) are always leads, where I don't have my t.spikes up lol. idk if i'm facing scrubs or lead kanga is popular, but it's what I've been going against.

As for xerneas yes I did read how you deal with it and it's what I usually do as well, but Xern is still a pretty big threat from what i've played. sometimes t.spikes aren't up for various reasons and xern can sneak in a geomancy then.

Anyway, I'll play more with it (since as i said i almost got reqs but went on tilt at the end ;;) and I'll watch those replays. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)