The Ultra Lizard's Dance Crew

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Deyuil, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Deyuil

Deyuil

You ready to watch the dance of the Ultra Lizard? Here he and his crew come to take you on!

Started as a joke team, it was a self-influenced challenge to make a viable team based on dancing, to give reference to the infamous Miror B. from the GameCube games. It ended up as a team of dancers and a vocalist that can actually win hard on the ladder, from personal experience, at least.

Sprites being added ASAP.

Ultra Lizard (Scrafty) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Moxie
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Ice Punch

The Team Leader, Ultra Lizard is able to hit hard what it wants to. It has Dragon Dance to raise it's abysmal speed and it's good attack. Added to its bulk and coverage, it is stopped only by bulky pokemon it can't super effect. Once it gets it's Moxie and Speed up, it is an undeniable sweeper. Fire Punch was considered, but BoltBeam coverage was too appealing.

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Ludicolo, a heavy reference to Miror B., actually gets decent coverage. Rain Dance allows it to control the weather along with the DrizzleToad on the team, Giga Drain gives it a strong draining move with STAB, Ice Beam and Surf to add to this coverage.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Hidden Power [Rock]

The flaming bug makes it's appearance on the team as a Quiver Dancer. It has Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance for STAB coverage, and HP Rock for coverage against bug, fire, and flying types the two STAB moves can't touch.

Scizor @ Occa Berry
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower

Scizor is just as powerful as ever, with it being one of the Swords Dancers on this team. Abusing Technician with Bug Bite and the infamous Bullet Punch, it also has Superpower for needed coverage.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 Atk / 184 HP / 72 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Swords Dance
    - Taunt

Gliscor forms a duo with Scizor as Swords Dancers. Aimed at getting up a swords dance, and then sweeping, Gliscor has Earthquake for high-power STAB coverage and Ice Fang for flying types and some super effectives. Taunt shuts down opposing walls like Ferrothorn from setting up on Gliscor.

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Perish Song
    - Toxic
    - Encore
    - Surf

The team's vocalist, Politoed is someone to be worried about. With pseudo-dual STAB in rain, it is mainly an annoyer than can take out what others can't merely for type coverage. Drizzle isn't the main focus of the team, but it does give Scizor less damage against a fire type attack, and activates Ludicolo's rain dish.

Please review this team, but keep in mind I need to keep the style. No team-wide threats currently known.
  2. Electrolyte

Electrolyte Angel of mercy, how did you find me?
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

hi,

cool team! The theme is very nice- and pretty interesting, but it kind of confines the maximum potential of the team. Nevertheless, I'll do my best to rate!

Politoed looks slightly out of place here- as does Ludicolo. Why? Because Politoed makes your team severely weak to Specs Tornadus. Not a single pokemon can take a hit and OHKO back- nor does a single pokemon outspeed the flying bird. Politoed doesn't really help your team at all, only making your already painful weakness to Water even more frightening, and boosting Tornadus's Hurricane's accuracy to 100%. Since Politoed itself is not a dancer, I can suggest another non dancing pokemon, right? If so, then I urge you to try Specially Defensive Ninetales. What does Ninetales do? It acts as an excellent wall to Tornadus- taking Hurricane's accuracy down to 50%. It also boosts the power of Volcorona's attacks- making it a huge threat even unboosted. Ninetales's added special bulk and offenses will allow you to hit harder, faster, and with a bit more bulk. SpDef Tales also helps you against opposing setup- phazing them out, so you don't have to worry about being swept before you even setup. It also cripples physical attackers with WiloWisp- giving the rest of your pokemon, mainly Volcorona, extra safety to set up.

Now that you've got Sun up, Ludicolo is a bit out of place. I suggest you run Quiver Dance Lilligant instead of Ludicolo. Why? For one thing, you keep all of those useful Grass type resists- including water and electric. You also get a pokemon with blazing speed and great offense- as well as the capability of sweeping. Lilligant also fits your theme- as it dances it's way to victory for you. Giga Drain should be used for the recovery it gives, and as reliable STAB. HP Rock is for Tornadus and bug types and fire types who think they can wall you. Sleep Powder allows you to cripple an opponent, as well as ease your own setup.

Nice team. I hope I helped!

sets (open)

Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Calm nature, 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    Roar / WiloWisp / Flamethrower / HP Fighting

Lilligant @ Life Orb
    Timid nature, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Sleep Powder / Quiver Dance / Giga Drain / HP Rock

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)