The (un)Official DPP Ladder Tournament

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi! Let's play some DPP.

1. The hosts of this tournament are Bad Ass and BKC. We will be using the Smogtours Pokemon Showdown DPP OU ladder for this tournament, not a new one. This will ensure maximum activity and competition.

2. The qualification period for the DPLT will run for a total of 28 days with 7 day cycles, which is 1 month to put things into perspective. After each 7 day cycle, the top 4 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) at the end of the cycle with the sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will qualify for the playoffs of the OLT, which will be a 16 man, best of three, double elimination tournament. The tournament is not seeded. Pairings for the qualified 16 are randomized. The ladder is not reset after each cycle, only alts are (meaning you create new alts after each cycle).

3. We are not requiring you to sign up for this tournament! In order to preserve the spirit of the days of Shoddy Battle ladder, we are allowing, even encouraging you to play on whatever random alt you want! However, the alternate account you use must have "LTX" (where X is the cycle number) as a tag. Furthermore, anyone qualifying for the top 4 in any cycle must post in that cycle's thread, tagging both me and BKC and confirming your alt. Pretty easy process.

4. Don't be dumb and cheat. Yes, we are checking all top 4 accounts for registration date. All cheaters will have to face the punishment of one (1) hard spanking on the butt from BKC. Don't do it. To avoid this, do not register your account for any cycle (this includes cycle 1) until AFTER it has began. Repeat, do not register your cycle 1 account until after midnight EST on Sunday or it will be DQ'd!

First cycle starts at a minute after midnight, Eastern Standard Time, on Monday, February 1st and ends at exactly 3:30 PM EST the next Sunday. The 3:30 PM end time is to give the three major time zone blocks -- North America, Europe, and Oceania -- a chance to qualify without having to be up at an unreasonable hour. To avoid any unclarity, we will be taking a screenshot of the ladder exactly as it stands at 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time each Sunday and using that to determine qualifiers.

:hype:

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, guess it's time to give some people free points vs me lol. DPP meta has been kinda stale for a while from my knowledge, so I hope new metagame shifts and innovative sets can make the ladder fun :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)