The Undefeated Rain Abusers [Weather RMT + Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah so I started using this team on the CAP server to help with weather testing, and so far it really just destroys everything in its path. I think it kinda just proves how broken rain is, seeing as how other weather teams lose anyway. So after rating this team, continue to engage in discussion about weather teams, since I understand the next project will be an auto rain / sun pokemon.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Sp Def
*Gyro Ball
*Stealth Rock
*Hypnosis
*Explosion

Generic lead, works for all teams. The extra special defense is to make his Sp Def higher by one point, as I had a painful memory of being swept by a Download P-Z before.

Kyogre [Level 78] @ Damp Rock
Ability: Wet Spell
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
*Surf
*Ice Beam
*Rest
*Sleep Talk

Rain starter, added some tankish EVing and moveset since I need to switch him in and out alot. Even with neutered base stats his defenses reach 317 / 239 / 247 respectively, which is not too shabby as long as I keep him away from boosted and SE stuff.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Mild
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 Spe / 252 Sp Atk
*Surf
*Waterfall
*Ice Beam
*Draco Meteor

Mixdra now needs no rain dance. Wonderful! Hits 230 speed without rain, which will still outspeed Brelooms, and 460 with rain outspeeds most Deoxys-S and Scarfchomp. Waterfall is still a 2HKO on Blissey most of the time (Guarenteed with Stealth Rock, which will always be up), and Surf just kills shit.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
EVs: 140 HP / 124 Spe / 244 Sp Atk
*Surf
*Grass Knot
*Substitute
*Leech Seed

Rain abuser #2. This set is a terror for the other team with auto-rain and nets me most of my wins. Usually I don't even have to bring Kingdra out because of this guy. The Spread gives me 207 speed without rain, which outspeeds Suicune and Cresselia, which are to walls I would love to throw a sub up and seed. This is a set I've always wanted to try in ubers, but have yet to try it. This Ludicolo will subseed the fuck out of walls and Blast through frail pokemon with Double STAB Surf from 304 attack. Grass Knot will take down wanter pokemon, and allows him to counter Gyarados, easily 2HKOing with SR and I outspeed it in the rain.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 Sp Atk
*Air Slash
*Aura Sphere
*Tri-Attack
*Water Pulse

I used Scarfkiss strictly to combat the new metagame. This thing takes out Pyroak and Revenankh with ease, usually untouched thanks to flinch.

Revenankh @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 Spe / 136 Sp Def
*Shadow Sneak
*Brick Break
*Bulk Up
*Rest

Easily my favorite of the new guys. He makes a solid tank, spin blocker, and Blissey counter. Shadow Sneak because priority is sexy, and Brick Break because I hate Hammer Arm's imperfect accuracy and lowering of speed. Tearing down screens is cool too. The 4 speed lets me use Vaporeon as set-up fodder, which is something most pokemon would love. Rest + Shed Skin for healing and status absorption, because sweeping with him is merely an afterthought.

So there's the team, I should be adding picks soon, but I don't know how to add the new pokemon pics...

IDK if this should be in the RMT forum, but i will rate it anyways

I would switch leads to kyogre, to get the rain up instantly. Speaking of Kyogre, the ability is drizzle, not wet spell; and damp rock does nothing for it, I would use it leftovers if you plan to resttalk with it. the ludicolo spread is very odd, because it will not be sweeping very much with 2 attacks and subseeding walls does not always work. I don't know what the point of water pulse on togekiss is, because there are already 4 water attacks on your team, a hidden power (maybe rock for scylant). This is the standard revenankh spread i think, but i prefer maxing HP and SDef, so you can bulk up against special attackers even easier.

Final thoughts:
This team is very shaky at best, having no fire, dark, ground, rock, electric, psychic, bug, or dragon moves hurts alot. This team's defense is improved with rain weakening fire, but kyogre cannot take SE hits and once bronzong is dead you are basically out of reliable walls. I think that this team definately needs more type coverage, and a physical sweeper that does not need to set up. I would add a CB pokemon on this team, or just ditch the rain theme beacuse only w pokemon on your team actually make use of it (kyogre doesn't really).

IDK if this should be in the RMT forum, but i will rate it anyways

I would switch leads to kyogre, to get the rain up instantly. Speaking of Kyogre, the ability is drizzle, not wet spell; and damp rock does nothing for it, I would use it leftovers if you plan to resttalk with it. the ludicolo spread is very odd, because it will not be sweeping very much with 2 attacks and subseeding walls does not always work. I don't know what the point of water pulse on togekiss is, because there are already 4 water attacks on your team, a hidden power (maybe rock for scylant). This is the standard revenankh spread i think, but i prefer maxing HP and SDef, so you can bulk up against special attackers even easier.

Final thoughts:
This team is very shaky at best, having no fire, dark, ground, rock, electric, psychic, bug, or dragon moves hurts alot. This team's defense is improved with rain weakening fire, but kyogre cannot take SE hits and once bronzong is dead you are basically out of reliable walls. I think that this team definately needs more type coverage, and a physical sweeper that does not need to set up. I would add a CB pokemon on this team, or just ditch the rain theme beacuse only w pokemon on your team actually make use of it (kyogre doesn't really).
Posting to say that Wet Spell is an ability implemented on Kyogre to make 5-turn rain (for testing purposes). Damp Rock makes it 8-turn weather, so it is quite necessary.

And maybe you should call this Ogre "Kyorgette", seeing as that's what it's referred to as and calling it just regular Kyogre would trip some people up.

I like the team though.

I don't know what the point of water pulse on togekiss is, because there are already 4 water attacks on your team, a hidden power (maybe rock for scylant).
Presumably water pulse is there because it receives the boost from rain and has a handy 40% confusion chance with Serene Grace. However it probably is a little unnecessary considering it doesnt hit any kiss counters better than the other attacks. I would go for Shadow Ball to pwn Gengar and put slightly more of a dent in Cressy - if the 40% SpD drop kicks in could there be a chance for 2HKO? Nah prob not.

Random Thought: Could TW/Water Pulse/Air Slash/Filler create an even more annoying haxKiss?
It could but you would only be using Water Pulse on things that are resistant to Air Slash and Aura Sphere (which is a necessity). I would add type coverage with Shadow Ball for Cressy and Dusknoir or even Extremespeed for finishing off weakened frail sweepers e.g. Weavile. I believe Extremespeed goes before Ice Shard as well, despite Weavile being faster.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Extremespeed and Ice Shard have the same priority (+1) so Weavile would go first.

Looks like a solid team to me.

It's not an uber team, Kyogre is at level 78 for weather testing purposes and this team is designed for OU

Thanks for the responses guys. I will now add the sprites later but its late.

Togekiss really is only there just because it combats the three new pokemon while still letting me use my strategy. Waterpulse was really just a filler, it's really only there for the steel pokemon on the switch that I know I won't dent much, as I could pick up a confusion and power boost from the rain.

Oh... and Kingdra > Palkia in the rain... even in ubers :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)