The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V2 (VOTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, my apologies. I'm on vacation right now, and it's been hard to find time and update the thread. Those who have competed before will get -2 votes. The winners are as follows:
Hogg
Darkerones
GULLY
YABO
NV
Christo the gr8
Warzoid
Sacri' (this spot was decided by a coinflip)

With these groups in mind, decide your pairings and PM them to me by Sunday.

Sorry, my apologies. I'm on vacation right now, and it's been hard to find time and update the thread. Those who have competed before will get -2 votes. The winners are as follows:
Hogg
Darkerones
GULLY
YABO
NV
Christo the gr8
Warzoid
Sacri' (this spot was decided by a coinflip)

With these groups in mind, decide your pairings and PM them to me by Sunday.
Welp I guess I can watch this time

Edit: go team YAVee

Reactions: nv

Slowking @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast/Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Future Sight

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Facade

This is an offensive core that I've used to moderate sucess and would like to see more of. It is based around Slowking firing off a specs Future Sight which makes Heracross' main switch-ins unable to switch into it. Heracross can also be switched to choice band, but if you are able to lure in Crobat, then SD Heracross starts to put in work.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws

These two form a nice little offensive core, each with sweeper capabilities on their own and a powerful way to force switches together. Lucario hits and hammers on through things MAero can't really touch, while the flying ball of spikes handles things that would give Lucario trouble. They don't really like bulky waters, but that's what a team is for.

I'm at school, so this is probably pretty shitty.

Last edited:
Hydreigon @ Life Orb Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: Don't really know, defensive in some shape or form (EVs can be optimized any way, I don't really care)
Timid Nature (Same with nature)
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt
- Roost

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe (Preliminary, feel free to change this too)
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Energy Ball

The idea here is that both of these mons lure in one another's counters. Credit to Hogg for the phazing Hydrei idea - originally I had it as the life orb taunt set, but I think this core can work relatively well by spamming para and hitting with ludicrously strong Hex's after that.

Some things I would keep in mind are Blissey and the two fairy clerics Aromatisse and Florges. Hex can savage them both, but it'll require prediction to taunt with Hydrei after T-Waving the switchin.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Florges: 232-274 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aromatisse: 415-490 (102.2 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def or 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 S.Def
Impish or Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Since I haven't seen decent teams based on SD Pass Gligar + Mega Sharpedo i propose you one. As for the core I don't think theres much to explain, once you've weakened the main checks for Sharpedo you find the right time to Boost Gligar by BPassing a +2 to clean.

Dugtrio and Forretress
Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch/ Pursuit
- Stone Edge/ Memento

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock/ Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Slow Volt-Switch + Dugtrio! Forretress does its job and when it's threatened by a switch, it uses Volt. The slow volt allows room for Duggy to eliminate threats safely. Your opponent gets paranoid with switching into Forretress allowing it to set up rocks or spikes. Dugtrio doesnt like anything faster than it so Gyro Ball makes a nice attack. Dugtrio kills Heracross after it gets a kill or on the switch allowing for a bulkier team to be at ease. Chandelure cant block the rapid spin because the threat of Dugtrio is too much. Sucker Punch is there for something fast and weak like maybe beedrill or choice scarfed chandy. I dont like the idea of banded sucker so pursuit is also useful in late game. Stone edge is nice for bugs but we have aerial ace so it can be switched out for memento depending on your team. One thing I see working well along side this core is Infernape as it has U-turn and pokemon that want to switch in are delt with by duggy. Hope you like the core!
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-228677065

Edit: Just found out the chandy can't be trapped sooo... ignore that spectrum. Pursuit is still nice. Sorry for my noob mistake

Last edited:
Goodra
and
Magneton

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Aqua Tail/Fire punch/Iron Tail

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Banded goodra is powerful! Kinda! Outrage is strong! Also speed outspends honchkrow which everything speedcreeps so you can adjust that accordingly
What walls Outrages you might ask!?!??!?! Steel types!!!!!!!!!! whoops also Fairy types!!!
Sooooooo go Magneton! Dragmag.uu, trap them forries and empoleons and agrons and do some damage!!(kinda switch into florges and pivot out/do DAMAGE) Specs if your team can handle fast mons and want more DAMAGE
Also Goodra can run all sorts of weird coverage to deal with certain threats, iron tail OKOS FLORGES AFTER ROCKS
Alternatively you can go the more boring route and use specs goodra but wheres the innovation ://///

Last edited:

145 SpA is weak (Chandelure) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Memento

mfw Scrafty is UU (Pangoro) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Short description: Chandelures dark types, Pangoro sets up on them.

Long description: Chandelure is well known for nuking stuff but it struggles vs offense due to its low speed limiting the turns it can fire off huge hits. Trick room solves that issue making it a nightmare against fast teams. If levitating chandelier on fire is not needed memento can be used to create a set up opportunity for the one you should never say no.

Feel free to adjust the speed investments to your liking. I personally don't like minimum speed possible as it makes you way too reliant on TR even when facing slower teams. Adamant Honchkrow (aka the standard benchmark of UU) and uninvested base 65s are the ones that i usually creep respectively but one can invest more to outpace Florges or even Suicune with panda.

Another option is running Hammer Arm equipped with a Life Orb to score an OHKO against Suicune at +2 after rocks but that limits your longetivity which is the main reason to use Pangoro over SD Orb Heracross. Also drain punch scores a guarenteed two hit KO on Suicune at +2 already and you have lum berry to get rid of the highly anticipated scald burn anyway. If you are feeling real as fuck you can even use Coba or Chople berry to stop Crobat, Pidgeot-M, Lucario, Cobalion etc. cutting your sweep short.

Dropping some replays showcasing the core in action. The team i was using is pretty weak to flying spam (no resists what so ever) but this is the courtesy of UU not having many flying checks that doesn't require a mega slot. :[

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-224311659
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-221130914 (Opponent has both Crobat and Pidgeot-M yet i manage to survive. If i could set the rocks everything would be much easier. Also ignore the things i say at the last two turns i calced fire blast w/lefties haha)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-221071640

Qwil+Mence spike stacking pressure

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Roost
Haven't really used it yet but seems to be a cool core that can threaten and set up for other sweepers well. Mence and qwish both check fires and waters and together can do pretty well to neuter them. Im currently trying this core out with M-Pedo, since it likes the spike stack and wallbreaking provided by the core.

NP Pass Togetic+Sub Petaya Emp

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

This is kinda unorthodox but it can work well if u play it right. NP pass toge is a great check to alot of stuff including hydrei hera and krook and be able to slow pass boost to strong attackers and sweepers. I paired it up with sub agility petaya emp bc there are that manny things that can take it on late game where it has an opportunity to set up. Its good to pair this core up with strong wallbreakers like m-amph which also can run agility to add to the offensive pressure.

Mega Amph+Umby Balance core

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 232 HP / 228 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Baton Pass
This core can work to fuck up balance/bulky offense pretty well. Amphy applies pressure offesively with volt switch and strong spatk while umby walls a good portion of the meta and can threaten with foulplay. They become a cleric type core too with heal bell and wish+bp respectively. This also can work with Vape over Umby.

(if were not supposed to post cores lmk)

I like every ones core, my suggestion would be to the Dug+Forry core from DaSpoofy. Have u tried any funky sets with duggy? I was thinking that eq endure reserval stealth rock could possible work with custap berry or liechi. custap to possible bop aero after an endure boosting ur reversal to a respectable level, liechi to help beat things that beat grounded things that beat u one on one like florges.
I would def say tho on it is to try to include rocks on duggy to free up some roles for ur other mons.

Last edited:
Qwil+Mence spike stacking pressure

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Roost
Haven't really used it yet but seems to be a cool core that can threaten and set up for other sweepers well. Mence and qwish both check fires and waters and together can do pretty well to neuter them. Im currently trying this core out with M-Pedo, since it likes the spike stack and wallbreaking provided by the core.

NP Pass Togetic+Sub Petaya Emp

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

This is kinda unorthodox but it can work well if u play it right. NP pass toge is a great check to alot of stuff including hydrei hera and krook and be able to slow pass boost to strong attackers and sweepers. I paired it up with sub agility petaya emp bc there are that manny things that can take it on late game where it has an opportunity to set up. Its good to pair this core up with strong wallbreakers like m-amph which also can run agility to add to the offensive pressure.

Mega Amph+Umby Balance core

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 232 HP / 228 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Baton Pass
This core can work to fuck up balance/bulky offense pretty well. Amphy applies pressure offesively with volt switch and strong spatk while umby walls a good portion of the meta and can threaten with foulplay. They become a cleric type core too with heal bell and wish+bp respectively. This also can work with Vape over Umby.

(if were not supposed to post cores lmk)

I like every ones core, my suggestion would be to the Dug+Forry core from DaSpoofy. Have u tried any funky sets with duggy? I was thinking that eq endure reserval stealth rock could possible work with custap berry or liechi. custap to possible bop aero after an endure boosting ur reversal to a respectable level, liechi to help beat things that beat grounded things that beat u one on one like florges.
I would def say tho on it is to try to include rocks on duggy to free up some roles for ur other mons.
Oh are they suppose to be funky sets? I was going for viability. I do think the combo is rarely seen together. Also I like banded duggy too much to run anything else. It has the potential to KO alot of threats even at full health with choice band.

Ps: I actually ran air balloon dugtrio with hone claws in ou last gen so i could set up plus 6 on a banded haxorus.

Oh are they suppose to be funky sets? I was going for viability. I do think the combo is rarely seen together. Also I like banded duggy too much to run anything else. It has the potential to KO alot of threats even at full health with choice band.

Ps: I actually ran air balloon dugtrio with hone claws in ou last gen so i could set up plus 6 on a banded haxorus.
The only limit to cores really is to not have them be dirt standard. While you can choose funky cores, they should have some sort of viability, we are going for uniqueness, not silly.

I know I am a builder, but I think this core is fun to use.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Fletchinder is really fun to use, and can tear through weakened teams at +2. It is also an awesome revenge killer and a Wilo Wisper on the Switch into the counter

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Since Fletch is 4x weak to rocks, a hazard remover would be nice. Toise and Fletch have good synergy since Fletch can switch into and Setup on Florges with ease, which is one of the phew switch ins due to having Aura Sphere.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice

To round off the core, Heliolisk. Both Toise and and Fletch have problems dealing with bulky water types, so a free switch in every time and dealing off crispy damage with access to momentum in V Switch is perfect.

I wouldn't mind seeing a team built with some Hazard Stacking since both Blastoise and Fletchinder thrive off weakened pokes, as well as having a Rapid Spinner> Defoger. :]

Alright, now that the cores have been posted, it's time for the groups to choose cores! You may decide on any core, unless it has been suggested by one member of your pair. Deciding ends Saturday, so post them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)